Page 98 of 148 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Yea I don't know why my groups are better than yours. Was the blue moon your normal point spread

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    There is an unpublished ranking system for everyone in the game, so even if you two are both D rated on driver ratings, one of you may be much higher than the other, and this means your competitors are also higher ranked and thus the race is worth more points.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

I watch Rik closely because our lap times in practice are within about a second of each other so I use him as a benchmark. It's a little strange to me that his rating would be significantly higher, particularly when he and I are racing together in FIA races (how far apart can we be?). I only pulled 92 points for winning a race that he was in with me. But, he races a lot more than I do so I get it.

I was promoted to C/S after those two wins last week and haven't raced since so it's possible I will get in a higher split next time.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    The rating is based on average performance/finishing position in Sport Mode races. So even though the two of you have the same pace, if he's a consistent top half finisher and you're a consistent bottom half finisher, he'll get better groups.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

You can find your numerical DR value here, and anyone else whose player tag you happen to know: https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=search

It's kinda fun. A local-ish friend of mine has raced a lot more than I have in the past year and even though I am generally faster than him by at least half second per lap, and we both have fairly consistent finishes, our DR was pretty much identical.

You will also know your relative DR within a room by the car number you're assigned.

-

I had a decent race at Tokyo in the Gr4 Viper for Manufacturer's Series on Wednesday. A couple of guys mentioned to me later that they were happy and surprised to see a Viper going that fast. I gather they've been hurt either on BOP or tire wear. I'm contemplating what to run next season - something I haven't done before. The Jags sure are beautiful...

Last night I hopped on for a daily race just for fun, with 10 minutes of practice/qualifying. Gr3 at Interlagos. I qualified 2nd, it was fairly tight in the top 4-5, and we all had a battle all race long. Hard, shrewd racing with only minor touches here and there. Well, aside from that one guy who punted another guy off. There's always that one guy... Anyway I shared the replay on my feed, it's worth a look if you're bored or you don't think clean racing with random strangers in a 5-lap sprint on a console is possible. Thank you PD for putting incentives in place for clean racing.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Sport Mode Races - 27 | Finished: 26 (26*)
    Sport Mode Performances - 1 (in the Top 82%)
    Sport Mode Sportmanship (SR) - 99/99
    Sport Mode Wins - 1 (1*) | Daily: 1 / FIA:
    Sport Mode Consecutive Clean Races - 3
    Sport Mode Pole Position - 1 | Daily: 1 / FIA:
    Sport Mode Leading Laps - 5.1% | Daily: 5.1%
    Sport Mode Fastest Laps - 1

26 of 27 races finished only cos the last race i did, a few weeks back, i somehow got booted back to the lobby. Never had contact with anyone, was on the black stuff the whole time and didn't see other players lagging. But maybe i was lagging and got booted off? My signal strength was one of the lowest, despite being on the fastest internet speed in NZ (gigabit). Was only Australians and Japanese in the lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I watch Rik closely because our lap times in practice are within about a second of each other so I use him as a benchmark. It's a little strange to me that his rating would be significantly higher, particularly when he and I are racing together in FIA races (how far apart can we be?). I only pulled 92 points for winning a race that he was in with me. But, he races a lot more than I do so I get it.

I was promoted to C/S after those two wins last week and haven't raced since so it's possible I will get in a higher split next time.
    That race we were in was my 2nd race, first one I got 167pts.

For 13th

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    something I haven't done before. The Jags sure are beautiful...
    You would probably be the fastest Hyundai driver by default... Just saying...

OH my national rank in manufacturers cup is 4206927182808537366556_0.jpg
    Last edited by Rikadyn; January 11th, 2019 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikadyn View Post
    That race we were in was my 2nd race, first one I got 167pts.

For 13th
    Yeah, see, that I am just not going to understand.