Page 10 of 66 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek: Omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    You were big Highlander II fan as well I'm sure YW.
    Never seen any of the series.

Too late YW, the joke works as written as it relies on everyone here knowing you hate fans of any fandom.

Ergo, if there's a movie that angers a given fandom, you must love it -- even if it's one of the shittiest films ever made. #itsatrap

::

ST:TNG on Netflix is in HD -- but also in a 4:3 ratio. Having never watched the series on Netflix specifically, I don't know why it would be different from the DVDs. No big deal -- what is kind of a big deal is the unexpected added detail to the show in the form of sweat/poorly placed makup on the actors! Certainly makes it look like the performance is happening right in your own living room.

Still, I'm enjoying the nostalgia of re-watching the series again. Good times when these came out -- and good times re-watching them when the DVDs came out... nostalgia sells.

Yeah, I knew I was spoiling your fun. #seewhatididthere?

Seriously, though, TNG is always good fun. It's awesome on a 43" screen close-up when you see that Jean-Luc's head is bigger than that of a real human's! Enterprise was great too, although I must admit my favourite episodes were the Mirror ones.

I never got into DS9. I've listed a few episodes of Voyager which are supposed to be the best ones, but honestly I'm not sure I can be bothered.

I enjoyed re-watching Voyager a few years ago. Long haul tho' (160+ eps).

I'll probably go through TNG and then start DS9. It's the last two series I have to watch on Netflix.

Hmmm. Time to re-watch the T'Pol/Sato fight.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Enterprise was great too, although I must admit my favourite episodes were the Mirror ones.
    I started watching Enterprise on Netflix a year or two ago but drifted away from it. I should go back and finish it. I read they had at least one Mirror episode but didn't get that far into the series.

Don't know if any of you guys care at all about Star Trek Continues, but they did an episode called "Fairest Of Them All" that continues in the Mirror universe from the point where the "real" Kirk, Uhura, Scotty, and McCoy beam back home. Bearded Spock and gets the Mirror Kirk and landing party back and the episode continues from there, including a Mirror opening statement about the aggressive nature of their mission - "These are the voyages of the I.S.S. Enterprise...."

It's fun and free, if nothing else.

I'm in the middle of a DS9 rewatch, following along with a youtuber that's doing a rewatch/discussion thing. The first season is.... bumpy. But I remember the series very fondly.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I started watching Enterprise on Netflix a year or two ago but drifted away from it. I should go back and finish it. I read they had at least one Mirror episode but didn't get that far into the series.
    There was a 2 part mirror episode at, basically the end of season 4. You can probably skip ahead and watch it as it doesn't really have to do with any other plots...though it does call back to an episode in the original series which is kinda cool.

I like Enterprise. It gets a bad rap, but it had some good moments.

My favorite episode is "Dear Doctor"

Spoiler:

they find a humanoid species that has a disease and they realize that it's an evolutionary/genetic issue and that species was going to be wiped out and a "lower class" of humanoid species was becoming more intelligent. They had the choice of whether or not to save the higher species or let nature take its course.

Voq Son of None is one of those classic Trek names, I think.