Page 11 of 132 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2020

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quick question, are we in agree that the bestest cars where those of the early oughties?
    acket.

Junior Potato
    Hmm yes, they were mostly gorgeous.

And the Ferrari F2004 is one of the greatest F1 cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Quick question, are we in agree that the bestest cars where those of the early oughties?
    If I've to chose then the 70s and initial 80s, but in general anything beside 1997s and onward. Especially now with all the winglets and aero crap.

FM: Were the early 2000s the best?
    Blerpa: Anything before 1997.

That's so on brand.

My bad, I did read "eighties" instead of "oughties".

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    That's so on brand.
    Your honor, may I approach the bench? I'd like to clarify that the racing in that era was shit.
    acket.

Junior Potato
    When has it ever been good?

The last few years have seen an improvement, but overall it has been pretty boring ever since I was born, with a few flashes of excitement scattered here and there.

My biggest fan was still Ayrton Senna, I think he single handedly made F-1 interesting..., at least for me.

I also loved the car designs back around that time. Late 80s and early 90s. Granted the wide opened cockpit that you could see drivers' shoulders probably contributed to his death, but I really thought those McLarens that he drove looked the most beautiful. Particularly the Marlboro paint schemes. I like Nigel Mansell's Williams too of course. Maybe I'm prone to like winning drivers and winning cars, but for some reason I didn't like Schumacher and Ferrari as much. I respected the achievements they accomplished together, I think that was quite amazing, but I personally only ended up liking Ferrari because of Kimi!

Anyhow, this thread is about the Formula 1 2020 season, so let's get nostalgia the fuck out of the way:

Mclaren will officially present its new car, the MCL35, the 13th of February, so 30 days from now.

Capable chassis with champsionship winning engine... McLaren's only excuse come 2020 will be lack of star power of its driver lineup? At least they have 2 rising stars driving their cars. Hope they can finally do well this season.

If Honda and Renault all upped their games, 2020 should be one awesome season!