Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Morbid Obesity is now fashionable apparently

Anyway, my point was that it was an eye opening experience for me..., that by eating as much as I want and without doing anymore exercises, I could end up losing weight simply by removing a single ingredient out of my diet, that’s was just unbelievable if I hadn’t try it myself!

Over eating and being a lazy ass are not the only reason why people are fat. Minimize judging others..., judge the person in the mirror 1st. Could that person lose/gain some weight? If so, do something about it. When you’re happy with your own weight, then maybe you can worry about the rest of the population.

To the fat chick in cosmo, good for you girl! Now I have lots of my other personal problems to tend to... so that I can maximize productivity and minimize draining the limited resources on earth...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    Why do you have a problem with people being obese? If they are ok with it, why can't they be who they want to be?
    I have a problem when they demand equal treatment despite their more damanding appearance.

That excludes health, I'm fine with our social security.

I'm also fine that catwalk is filled with gasell figures.

BMI is for regulars, more out of mold and more wrong it is.

Administrator
    What. the. fuck?

Does that include a tone, is it negative?

If so why?

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Minimize judging others..., judge the person in the mirror 1st. Could that person lose/gain some weight? If so, do something about it. When you’re happy with your own weight, then maybe you can worry about the rest of the population.
    Judge not, lest ye be judged huh? I’m ok with that.

I’m a judgemental cunt… to everyone, including myself.

I’m judging yoooouuuuuu right now. Yes, you!

*wags finger*

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mk View Post
    Does that include a tone, is it negative?

If so why?
    I suppose it's possible that I am misunderstanding your post, pretty much none of us can figure out what it is that you're trying to say 90% of the time anyway (hint: 'gasell' isn't an English word). But, it sounds like you're saying that anyone overweight isn't deserving of the same treatment you'd give someone else because you don't like looking at them, and that people should be treated worse the more overweight they are.

I've struggled with my weight. So have others here. My wife has struggled with body dysmorphia and eating disorders in part due to people like you. You might consider their appearance "demanding", but I can't imagine anything much uglier than what you posted.

I guess at least you had the courtesy not to couch it in some faux concern for their health.

I'm out of this thread. It's shown me a side of a few people here I wish I hadn't seen.

You clearly let your bias dig in then.

If I'm too short I take a ladder, if I'm too tall I'll duck and if I'm too wide I just don't fit in and that's that.

I'm also fine with weight based travel costs.
    I don't demand that diesel must be cheaper when my van is loaded.

I'm also very indifferent with the existence of catwalks.

Being sick, ill or so is already enough of a burden but what I am against is a 10th time furnished apartment for an addict by the society.

I suspect mk’s talking about things like airline seats...

Who’s problem is it when a fat person squeezed in economics seat uncomfortably, and making adjacent passengers uncomfortable too...?

Fat passengers problem? Poor skinny persons problem? Airlines problem? Boeing’s problem?

Regardless who we assign the problem/blame to, it does present a problem. I suspect that’s mk’s problem, not that he personally finds fat people problematic.

I think main problem with our society is that we like to blame others more than we like to actually solve problems.

Rather that getting mad at fat people or mad at folks judgmental of fat people, just fucking try to fix our collective weight problem while treating each other nicely too. But I guess it’s easier to just get mad at each other...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 3rd, 2018 at 08:09 AM.

"gasell" is a non-english spelling of gazelle; I took it to mean he was referring to runway models that are light/thin and nimble looking.

Airlines are an issue. They have a set seat size and if you don’t fit then it’s very difficult. Pay for two seats? That’s a big increase in price. Should the second seat be a cheaper fare? Most have child fares that are cheaper - why?
    I’ve been on a flight and the person next to me asked if they could put the armrest up as they don’t fit in between them.
    Airlines flying in countries with increasing body sizes probably should be fitting more wider seats and charging a premium for them. Effectively happens with long haul as more airlines run a “premium economy” with bigger seats.

As for charging by weight, that is often suggested as the answer. And there are extra costs to fly heavier people, but for a large jet the weight of the passengers is only a fraction of the total weight. It’s not like it doubles their cost is your weight doubles. It might be more like a 10% increase. People often cite the cost of overweight luggage, but those prices are more about the airlines making easy money because they already have you locked in with a ticket and you are unlikely to just dump excess luggage, so yeah you will pay a stupid amount and a lot more than what it costs them.

I can’t see this model fitting in an airline seat. She would definitely need two. She can probably afford that (or someone else is paying for flights).

It will be interesting to see if any airlines make an effort to cater to the “bigger” demographic. It’s a tough business but with more larger people it could be a profitable area.