Page 319 of 523 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 5223

Thread: The Lounge of Terrestrial Wheelmen

I rode 541 times last year but fell 450km short of 10,000

Of course, most of those 541 were commutes less than 10km.
    Last edited by G'day Mate; December 7th, 2015 at 03:36 PM.

I count days, with each day usually meaning two rides. You obviously have a more impressive method of counting.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar

Take the lane. Take the lane. Take the lane.

George.

I thought you had got a nice Ubuntu (well, Linux, anyway) system running at home on some oldish hardware?

"Manual Entry" at strava would appear to work for me even in the ancient Firefox 20.0 I use (because of sticking to a very old Ubuntu release to get reasonable performance from an old Atom netbook with only 1G memory).

Yes, I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 on an older laptop connected to a large monitor and it's a fine basement computer for emailing, websurfing, and streaming video, like the occasional weekend movie I'll watch while doing boring stuff like ironing, getting my cycling gear ready for the work week, etc.

Frankly I just don't find manually entering dates and guesstimated lengths of rides on Strava very rewarding. I'd rather post about the occasional interesting ride here, and just copy and paste "Bike" next to the date on my spreadsheet at work to count days ridden to work. If I'm missing out on some reason I should be posting on Strava, please let me know, but I just figured I'd wait until I get some kind of GPS gizmo or smart-phone, which I figure will happen eventually as technology gets cheaper and more devices come with that technology, and then I can just plug it in and say the magic words, or however you guys upload the data from your Tricorders to the internet.

Speaking of Ubuntu, I keep meaning to make an account at ubuntuforums.org to ask why I no longer get updates, and why the Ubuntu Software Center closes itself (or crashes) when I try to launch it. I'm also unable to update Firefox, even though I keep getting messages that it's out of date and I have to click "Allow" to watch Flash videos. Maybe I should ask in our Ubuntu thread at this forum, since I just hate making yet another account at a website with yet another user name and password to remember. Other than no updating, the old Dell runs great, and I can't see the need to use any other OS, at least for my current needs.

P.S. - today was Day 55, and a balmy 48 degrees F when I left the house. It's a heat wave! I wore too many layers and arrived at work a sweaty mess. Thank goodness for showers at work and locker rooms with ample room to hang clothing to dry.

Signed,

Calvin's Dad

With Garmin Express connected to Strava, I just plug the Garmin into the computer and it automatically uploads.

George, you should check the Linux (Ubuntu, etc) thread.