Page 183 of 186 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1857

Thread: Gun control

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Phew, it's gonna take some work to get used to that guy's voice. I ended up repeatedly tuning out, which you'd think would be hard to do when describing horrible torture.
    I can see why some might not like Dan's style, or need time to adjust to it. I get the impression that Dan says what comes to mind, rather than reading from a script. He's verbose, talks fast, and adds a lot of side stories. Maybe that's why I like him. Simon Winchester, who reads his own audiobooks, is similar. My favorite teachers/professors were the same way.

"Before I can tell you this story, I have to explain three other things first, and I'll probably go off on a couple tangents along the way..."

Administrator
    Hah, if anything, I thought he talked slowly and often liked to repeat himself about how extreme he likes his history.

Maybe if I try to listen to it when there aren't a bunch of other distractions, like on a drive or my commute. Will give it another go.

Junior Potato
    Been having a facebook debate in response to this latest shooting with a known anti-abortionist and right-wing apologist.

I’d go at him regarding the abortion thing but he’s long since deleted those comments.

But he’s been saying that old-school Nazism wasn’t a racial ideology, and that Trump’s recent “go back to where you came from” tweets aren’t racist because he doesn’t specifically cite racist comments, so according to his dictionary it isn’t racist.

The fucking leaps of logic you have to go through to come to those conclusions!

Administrator
    I recently read an article that I thought put it really well: "his 'joking-but-not-joking greasiness'".

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Really fvcking sucks NZ is on this list.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Walmart will no longer sell handgun ammo and certain other kinds of ammo in their stores

https://apnews.com/bc34b70298c745f69...source=Twitter

Also both Walmart and Kroger stores both have changed their policy to no longer allow open carry of guns in their stores.

Junior Potato
    I'm sure it's all a leftist conspiracy.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I think they should add an ammo tax. Since they'll never get rid of them (because you can ban the sale all you want, but until you make it illegal to own one, and offer a buy back/etc, you won't change shit, since there are millions of them. I work with a guy that has three). Maybe make it $2/round tax.

Found on a "bulk ammo" site: 1000 rounds of .223 (5.56mm, what most assault rifle types use): $185. Put a $2/round tax on that, and you may change something. It would also have to be applied to reloading supplies too, obviously. Otherwise, people would just buy the press, bulk cases and power, and churn out rounds by the 1000s.

The issue with this, obviously, is that the .223/5.56 is a military round, thus, there are literally 10s of millions of them, which is why they're cheap, especially in bulk. Maybe they could designate specific calibers as "military/law enforcement only? .308/7.62mm, .223/5.56mm.

As I've mentioned before, I grew up in gun culture, hunting/target shooting. I just don't see much justification for having a semi-auto rifle with a 100-round drum as "self defense", as in most states, you can't hunt with them. A pistol, or shotgun are far better for home defense.

"The company, America's largest retailer, said it will stop selling handgun ammunition and "short-barrel rifle ammunition," such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber, that can also be used on assault-style weapons after selling all of its current inventory."

How bout you just throw away all your ammo. Would be a pittance to your overall revenue. Jerks..... And while I do applaud them for finally showing the fuck up. It won't make a difference when people can just have it delivered to their house.

I agree with what Drew has stated, a massive tax on the ammo could make a slight difference. But then you will have people complaining that only the rich can afford to shoot. So I would go more for the "military/law enforcement only". But then, what is the point of having the gun in the first place. Plus you would have people bootlegging cartridges and loading their own ammo.

So, IMO. Eventually we have to get to the point of a buyback for the military style weapons. Or maybe make it some sort of tax relief for a number of years. And thus, anyone caught with one of these weapons past a certain date it is a federal offense. And the bill that enacts this needs to be for like 100 years. The culture needs to be eradicated.

I completely agree.

I think that we should try to do something. No matter how long it takes, we should start somewhere.

https://youtu.be/0IM4p62p3M0

I remember being scared during tornado and fire drills. Can you imagine what we are putting our kids through?
    They're trying to design schools to be safer against active shooters... Talk about trying to solve the wrong problem!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rs/2257781001/
    Last edited by 21Kid; September 10th, 2019 at 09:27 AM.