Page 66 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

Don't buy a PlayStation for GT:S.

I disagree on the hyperbole.
    I mean, I was not even comparing the graphics to visual behemoths like Forza Horizon 4 or Gran Turismo nor to recent games like ACC... but just comparing it to old games like the original Assetto Corsa (sans updating mods) or the first Project Cars.
    iRacing graphics are obsolete and mediocre by today standards.
    Does it bother people? Some are bothered, others are not.
    As well as old online games like World of Warcraft which are still played and enjoyed daily by hundred thousands, millions, users.
    Still they are not up to modern standards graphics-wise.

Keep racing and enjoying it

Yeah, whatever, dude. You're one of those guys that looks at Castle Crashers and says, "WTF is with these stupid cartoony graphics? The characters don't even look real. I mean look at the bad proportions and garish colours! It's awful!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    ... seems to be the most consistent place to get good online racing.
    This is the best thing about iRacing. You can pretty much jump in almost any time and have a group to race with in most series. Although, as dodint has pointed out previously, many series start every two hours. A few of the lower-class series happen every hour or half-hour. A few series have certain times when everyone shows up, like Kamel GT, for example. Only two sessions a week have enough drivers to make it an official race. Lotus 79 races only have drivers on Saturday and Sunday morning. Popular series, like the Le Mans series or 911 GT3 Cup always have drivers, any time, it seems.

And since I mostly just want to do GTE/GTLM driving, that would work out.

I am sure you would be perfectly happy to exclusively drive C8 Vette.

Junior Potato
    Yeah, Keith, you could probably do it reasonably economically if you’re only after one car (assuming as Cam says that there are others with the same aim in the same category) and are happy to buy each track as needed.

And I agree with Blerpa, although I wouldn’t call the graphics awful, they certainly are dated. But they’re perfectly serviceable and like any esports title it really doesn’t matter.

You would have to spend some time earning higher licenses. You start out at Rookie, then it goes D, C, B and A. You have to complete four races in each license to earn the next license. Having a high Safety Rating can fast-track your license advancement. To race the C8 Vette, you would need at least a C license for the IMSA Sports Car Championship and The Le Mans Series requires a B license. I am not sure if it is in any other series this season. Although, I heard that the Le Mans Series is going A class next year. I am not sure.

Edit: The C8 Vette is also being used in the GT Endurance Series this season. Lots of options for the Vette!
    Last edited by Cam; November 15th, 2020 at 02:25 PM.

Oh, *that's* how the licensing system works. Hmm...
    Get that weak shit off my track

Kchrpm, I was using a last last gen setup that'd be considered ancient by the master race in iRacing.
    Was an Amd X4 870K with a 1050ti.
    Tweaking the graphics, I was getting around the 40-50 fps from memory.
    Haven't been back for a long time, as life got in the way etc.
    If you do have a go, don't limit yourself to one discipline, the dirt oval stuff was a lot of fun, nearly got a win in the 360 Sprint cars once too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobbo NZ View Post
    If you do have a go, don't limit yourself to one discipline
    Of course not! I'll drive IndyCars, too
    Get that weak shit off my track