Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Flight Sims

I adjusted to his settings in the video, pulled a little bit more fps
    Only on a Ryzen 5 3600, Sapphire Pulse 5700XT and 16gb, so not too bad really.

Administrator
    Considering I generally still struggle to get good framerates on FSX or P3D these days at high resolution, it's shocking how well this runs.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I've had a 1080ti for over 2 years. I will be getting a 3090, because I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.

Maybe I'll buy this then.

Administrator
    There's supposedly a patch either out or coming out shortly that claims to fix two crashbugs, hopefully that'll help RWA.

Administrator
    I'm finding this very helpful - the user manual for the Garmin G1000.

https://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/1...-07_0A_Web.pdf

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    There's supposedly a patch either out or coming out shortly that claims to fix two crashbugs, hopefully that'll help RWA.
    Thank you, I hope it does. It's a bit of a chore to spend 10+ minutes loading and setting up a flight only to be booted to desktop as soon as you're on the tarmac, so I've been avoiding it of late.

Administrator
    Volcano on Java.

Junior Potato
    So I found the Malibu Wing House. Slew mode took my 747 to that unique place.

Reasonable effort by the AI to reconstruct those buildings

Junior Potato
    This is a great review!

PS, Drew, you should get this game now. Don’t wait for your new GPU. I want to see what Fud-style gameplay represents in a non-GTA sightseeing sandbox.

Administrator
    Figured out (sorta) what was going on with the pinky trigger (button six) on my flightstick.

I found a forum for Elite: Dangerous where people were complaining of the same issue, that that button just did not work in the game but seemed fine in the Control Panel controller preferences window. Someone had posted that if you unchecked "Enable Clutch Mode" (what does that do? Who knows?) and then *keep the preferences window open while the game runs*, it then works. Sure as shit, that did work. Keep the preferences window open, everything works swimmingly. Close it and it stops working entirely, no need to restart FS2020.

Then found another complaint thread on the same thing where someone walked through how to fix the profile for the stick in the X52 profiler. However, despite installing the latest (two year old) drivers from Logitech's site, I had no profiler anywhere in start menu. I checked the Logitech folder, nothing in there. I had no Saitek folder. No X52 folder or app. However, if I just *search* for "X52", suddenly there it is, apparently installed and waiting for me to work. Still have no idea how to find it outside of search, it's nowhere to be found in my list of installed programs.

It appears to have been developed back in the early to mid 80s and makes absolutely no sense, but the poster just said to remove the "shift" sections of the profile and sure enough, now it just works without having to go find the preferences window and keep it open.

It apparently is configured out of the box to have that act as something like a shift/caps lock key, which I assume causes all the other buttons to suddenly do other things? I dunno, hard to track down a manual now. Happy to see that it defaults to a non-intuitive state and relies on even less intuitive software to fix that state, but happy to have it working again.