Page 55 of 153 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: In a galaxy far, far away... [Star Wars omnibus thread]

Yep, I could pour out a thousand words over this -- but why bother?

My "official Disney canon" is intact. I've got seven live-action Star Wars movies I can enjoy with my fam. Potentially three more coming as well (Solo, Boba Fett & Yoda) if they're good. Plus both the Clone Wars & Rebels animated shows. More than enough official content to keep me satisfied.

::

In other Star Wars news, I love this compilation. <3 <3 <3

Wow. Harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    There's lots of people taking the movie way too seriously.
    Pretty much. Anyway, Star Trek is much better.

I was supposed to see it yesterday, but the wife was sick. It seems like I have to avoid pretty much anything online not to spoil this movie. Even some of the above info has stuff I had to try and skip reading that's not hidden.

I'm with Carlo on this one. I enjoyed the movie but some of the decisions were just WTF.

And I thought I understood the Force but now I don't, all these strange new powers and such.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I believe it's just an idea of having the 8th film of the series and up until this point, it's arguable that Ep 7 was basically repeating previous plot points, and my guess is that they wanted to mix things up, otherwise we're just repeating the same story with slightly different tone.

Having said that...

Spoiler:
    There really isn't a big cliffhanger that I feel like for the 9th movie, or any big questions I have any more

I was very impressed by this review by Screen Junkies as they hit on all of the points especially well.

Counter-point.

Spoiler:
    this kind of reminds me of the Matrix:Reloaded in some ways when "The Architect" gave people tons of things to think about and argue about....and since that is the case, I want to wait until Ep.9 to make final judgment as we're not in the final episode of the story yet. Things can change. Maybe Kylo is telling lies to Rey, maybe Snoke is Dark Plageus and isn't dead yet.

What if Luke is not entirely right about the Jedi/Force? The appearance of Yoda and his IMO completely perfect reaction was great. Will Rey and others create a new thing that isn't the Jedi but better? And where are the other people who left with Kylo Ren? Someone suggested that they were the red guards around Snoke but I don't think so
    Last edited by MR2 Fan; December 18th, 2017 at 02:04 PM.

Spoiler:
    sorry, I had another thought.....this really is like The Matrix: Reloaded in that Rey is playing Neo and Kylo Ren is Agent Smith and they both seem to have equal power going into the next movie. Ok, maybe a bit of a stretch. I kinda wish Rian Johnson was going to finish what he started with Ep 9.