Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: *synth* I WORKOUT

Dude, you have made a very commendable transformation. Awesome job.

Great work Tiger -- keep at it!

Thx.

Last edited by speedpimp; January 17th, 2018 at 03:38 PM.

Great progress mate.

I'm actually kinda wanting to expand my lifting (bro) ability, but I'm hampered by a fucking stupidly cold winter, and my tiny little home gym. Things like a Farmer's Carry just consist of me walking in a tiny circle in the room until my arms feel like they'll fall off. Once I have access to my backyard, I plan to build a little carrying rig so I can walk laps out there instead. And a variety of other strength routines I can't do indoors.

I really should just go to a gym, but until Tara gets her goddamned license and I can stop being a chauffeur for life, I'm tied up after work every night.

I don't know what your life schedule is, but I converted to mostly going to the gym before work in the mornings. It gets the workout done and out of the way, plus the gym isn't nearly as busy.

I've gone through a transformation myself over the past two and a half years. I was mostly just running, and doing pretty well for my age. Managed to run a 5k in 18:03, and 39:12 10km... but, I didn't like the way I looked, too thin at 165lbs, and 5'10.5. So I went back to doing weights, and I'm at 205 now. There is a bit of extra weight, but there has been some great muscle growth. I'm back to running, as well as 5 days a week of weights, so I hope to slim down to a trim 190lbs or so.

I'll be honest, I DESPISE working out in the morning. Even running, I just feel like I don't wanna be there, I don't have the energy, it's more of a slog, etc etc...

And yeah, having a 45 minute commute in the morning, there's no way that'd work out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tigeraid View Post
    I'll be honest, I DESPISE working out in the morning. Even running, I just feel like I don't wanna be there, I don't have the energy, it's more of a slog, etc etc...
    I'm not fond of it either - I'd try a few supplements, though, see if that helps? Tyrosine, CoQ10, Carnitine 15-30 minutes before you start work for me.

Winter and living far away from a gym suck. But man, great result without even going to a gym!!!

I've gone through a transformation myself over the past two and a half years. I was mostly just running, and doing pretty well for my age. Managed to run a 5k in 18:03, and 39:12 10km... but, I didn't like the way I looked, too thin at 165lbs, and 5'10.5. So I went back to doing weights, and I'm at 205 now. There is a bit of extra weight, but there has been some great muscle growth. I'm back to running, as well as 5 days a week of weights, so I hope to slim down to a trim 190lbs or so.
    That's great stuff! Awesome!!

Nobody likes working out in the morning... but then... most people don't like working out, or running at first either... it's one of those things that you have to adjust to over time.