Page 8 of 117 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula One 2019

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Oh, and in case anybody was wondering. Niki Lauda is in the ICU in Vienna, he contracted an influenza virus during his post-transplant period. If you didn't know, back in August he had to have a double lung transplant after life-threatening "severe lung disease".
    acket.

Uh? It is official, Arrivabene is out, Binotto in, no Team Principal anymore, Ferrari is restructuring to be working in the same way as the Mercedes F1 team.

Ferrari's failure last season was mostly due to driver. Should've sent Vettel to Sauber and leave well enough alone...

Anyway, Binotto will still have to deal with the possible fallout of Vettel and Leclerc clash... will be interesting to see if he'll be hero or zero.

My bad, Binotto is Ferrari new team principal, as well as Technical Director. Still the Mercedes-like renovation plan is in motion.

I really liked Arrivabene, he brought passion back to Ferrari.

Let's be clear, I think some Ferrari internal politics do not come out easily abroad: Marchionne already wanted Arrivabene out before he died.
    Arrivabene blamed the builders at home at Ferrari for the car underperforming while they knew the car was actually good and it was deemed a bad team principal (Monza 2018 without team orders for Kimi, for example) not able to read the races and to handle Vettel. Binotto was always Marchionne's choice. This is NOT shocking: no one at Maranello wanted Arrivabene anymore.
    He is weak, a hollow talker and not sharp enough when having to take quick decisions. Good riddance. And I don't even have an horse in this race.

I’m trying to recall any moments where Ferrari actually outsmarted their rivals with a really awesome pit strategy decision in a race. There probably was a moment or two but RB or Merc seemed to have the most instances where you applauded a great pit strategy decision made mid race.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    I’m trying to recall any moments where Ferrari actually outsmarted their rivals with a really awesome pit strategy decision in a race. There probably was a moment or two but RB or Merc seemed to have the most instances where you applauded a great pit strategy decision made mid race.
    IMHO that's down more to the control center operations, which RBR pioneered and Ze Germans being Ze Germans got on top of. I think Haas and Team Silverstone (or Team TBA, as it's not going to be Racing Point and certainly not Force India anymore) have smaller but good probability analysis teams.

You know, STR and Williams just helplessly suck at it, but in the case of Williams, they've become super consistent with their pitstops. So i don't think it's one of those things for which the team principal can be held accountable, more like how good that particular department is.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    I really liked Arrivabene, he brought passion back to Ferrari.
    As an outsider, that was totally how I felt. Had no idea there was that much politics internally.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    IMHO that's down more to the control center operations, which RBR pioneered and Ze Germans being Ze Germans got on top of. I think Haas and Team Silverstone (or Team TBA, as it's not going to be Racing Point and certainly not Force India anymore) have smaller but good probability analysis teams.

You know, STR and Williams just helplessly suck at it, but in the case of Williams, they've become super consistent with their pitstops. So i don't think it's one of those things for which the team principal can be held accountable, more like how good that particular department is.
    Yeah I didn't know who made the calls mid race...but it seemed like Ferrari didn't get it right very often on those last minute decisions. I guess in the end it all reflects on the principal in some way