Page 68 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2020

So, I had been on RP's side through this whole things, because I thought Brake Ducts were added to that list pretty late last year, and we all know design of the following year's car starts way early. That and given they received the CAD drawings early enough for that to be legal.

But apparently that rule was announced in April? So I assume they had time to change their RBDs. Not sure if they even had a full RP20 design at that point?

But again, how do you tell someone to ignore a design they already have that at the time was legally obtained? Could RP not produce any RP20 designs with the W10 RBDs dating before April whatever it was?

It's a very strange and weird situation, and I think the penalty is hard to praise or complain about.

Ferrari, McLaren and Renault to appeal the decision: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...03K8g0wVG.html

Whether Ferrari, McLaren and Renault will be the only teams to appeal the decision is unclear. Earlier on Friday several team bosses expressed surprise at the severity of the punishment, and the fact that Racing Point were allowed to continue running the offending parts.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Awesome quali from Hulk.
    Hope he can last the race without much race fitness.

Yeah eat shit Stroll....

The rest of the grid won’t be happy about the Merc clone getting P3. But happy for Hulk beating his teammate by almost half a second.
    Last edited by JoeW; August 8th, 2020 at 06:45 AM.

If the Mercedes clone end up winning the race, Mercedes would end up protesting?

No because Toto has a stake in Racing Point.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Really?

I thought he had a stake in Aston Martin Lagonda and the Mercedes F1 Team, didn't he or his wife had to sell their participation in Williams?
    acket.

I just read something on ESPN F1 Facebook post that a few comments said he had a stake in RP. I have not done my due diligence on that though...

Maybe since RP will be renamed Aston that is what they are talking about?
    Last edited by JoeW; August 8th, 2020 at 11:03 AM.

Yeah, Aston Martin will be the future of RP, so probably the same difference?

If Toto will be with Aston Martin, it’s to his advantage to make RP as competitive as possible...

I just don’t understand why is the Mercedes boss allowing Toto to have interests outside of Mercedes...

Anyway, whatever, just hope Hulk will finally do well this weekend.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 8th, 2020 at 11:10 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Yes but Aston Martin Lagonda will not own AMF1 in a manufacturer-racing team relationship like McLaren or Ferrari. Stroll bought both the F1 team and a minority stake in the car company (which is majority-Chinese IIRC) and, as a board member, has decided to move the sponsorship from Red Bull to the Silverstone team.

Edit: He is interested in selling DBXs and Valkyries and making the racing team closely associated to the Bond franchise so that his fashion brands can get bang-for-buck advertising. That's also the reason why he is interested in booting the Mexican contender in favor of the German multiple WDC, branding and all that. He also wants to get rid of the pink livery because it clashes with the macho Bond image.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; August 8th, 2020 at 01:32 PM.
    acket.