Page 1959 of 2473 FirstFirst ... 9591459185919091949195719581959196019611969200920592459 ... LastLast
Results 19,581 to 19,590 of 24728

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Can somebody explain to me why god has seen fit to encumber the USA with a friggin shortage of petrol for fuck’s sake?
    He's filled it with given us our fair share of idiots, which, ... is the same thing.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Can somebody explain to me why god has seen fit to encumber the USA with a friggin shortage of petrol for fuck’s sake?
    From what I gather, there wasn't much of a shortage at all, it was the hoarding that was a problem. If people had just bought the normal amount of gas they normally do, nobody would have noticed much of anything, except maybe the prices increasing a bit.

I liked how someone put it on Twitter yesterday (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by Some person on Twitter
    Me: So I want to tell you about the Prisoner's Dilemma. In it, you can either work with your fellow prisoner or betray the...
    American: Betray them.
    Me: Wait, let me finish, because there's a chance that if you betray them it could end up even...
    American: Betray them again, even harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    If people had just bought the normal amount of gas they normally do, nobody would have noticed much of anything, except maybe the prices increasing a bit.
    Just a little bit at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    You really should do more research. Preferably from different sources than you now use. And from writers with a different perspective. It might broaden your mind and ideas, and give you insight that colors and fills out your opinions. <rereads that line and bends over howling with laughter.>
    Dude is leading. Enough read.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikadyn View Post
    Your insult of him seems redundant now.
    The cibai reference is a joke referring to one of Golding's earliest movies which also relate to his South-East Asian routes. It's particularly amusing given that Golding himself used the word twat to describe Andrew Yang. That said, I wouldn't expect you to know the entire context and what makes it so amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    Just a little bit at a time...
    Unlike the H2 owner whose car caught fire and burned down with the hoarded petrol in the back. Soooo funny and deserved. But no doubt according to Billi if the owner were Christian then it would be "a test from God", and if he weren't then it would be "God's sign that he should have been a Christian"!!! Lollolol

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    "a test from God"
    Like that time he showed off to Satan and said that he could be a cunt to people and they'd still like him. Mad flex.

Pretty much. Stockholm Syndrome, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Dude is leading. Enough read.
    I'll remind you of the words of your lord and savior Bernard Sanders after he won the New Hampshire primaries. Something something they'll have to come to us something something.

Black people in South Carolina, collectively; Hold my beer!

-------

Yeah, your dude is leading. It's meaningless. This is what I mean about expanding your perspectives.

He's in NYC. Whether he wins or not, it's meaningless to me. I also didn't donate anything to his campaign..., but I guess he had my info so kept on asking me thru emails... If he runs for president of something more relevant to me, I'll donate again. For now, I'm not going to interfere with NY politics. Will let the new yorkers sort it out themselves. I'll just be pulling for Yang on the sidelines.

So don't get too excited about it... whether he wins or loses. He may very well end up like Bernie. Leading the field with bunch of candidates, but as the field narrows, people end up picking the more 'established' candidate.

Seriously though Neanderthal, my favorite politicians tend to be the ones who are more in touch with the average people.

Problem with our politics right now is that we have too many out of touch politicians. They think people living in cheap houses, giving people way too much stimulus money, $15 an hour wage is just too much... yet they live their lavish lives...

I'm finding Biden to be more acceptable now, but I'd still rather vote for Bernie.

Biden is a nice guy, but being a nice person trying to please everyone just doesn't work. Elizabeth Warren made that error. It was a choice of either Biden or Bernie. Which side are you on Elizabeth? When she failed to clearly articulate that point, it's over for her. She also never bothered to endorse either Biden nor Bernie until the very end. Also leaving her supporters hanging on their own too...

Anyway, my point is that hopefully Biden learned that lesson and stop trying to pretend that he can be the "middle" guy. This strategy will only back fire with people from both sides abandoning him. I do want Biden to succeed and I hope he will, but I still love Bernie.

I still like Yang too, but I just don't trust him as much as Bernie. Just not long enough track record... I have to agree that his tweet about siding with Israel was clearly unnecessary. Do you really need to cater to the rich powerful Jews in the neighborhood? He should've stayed silent. Oh well, nobody's perfect.

If he does become mayor, I just hope he won't be seduced by the powers of the rich and established side. He he stays clean and does a good job... the we just might end up with a chinese president!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 14th, 2021 at 02:40 PM.