PDA

View Full Version : Forza 6

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

racerfink
October 31st, 2015, 10:35 AM
I turn mine off every time. But, I do live in the lightning strike capital of the world.

Kchrpm
October 31st, 2015, 11:13 AM
I selected the full-off option when setting it up, with a projection TV they end up taking around the same time to get fully fired up most times.

21Kid
November 2nd, 2015, 05:51 AM
Until you have to download a 1+ gb patch. :(

Jason
November 2nd, 2015, 08:28 AM
Until you have to download a 1+ gb patch. :(
Exactly why I opt for the sleep mode, and deal with having to restart a game every now and then. Patches downloading while I'm at work/sleep is awesome.

racerfink
November 2nd, 2015, 01:35 PM
Pretty decent car pack out tomorrow.

http://youtu.be/GVQkxrO9u1o

Kchrpm
November 2nd, 2015, 03:04 PM
I like it because there's nothing I want, so I won't spend any money, but others will be happy. Win win :)

Freude am Fahren
November 2nd, 2015, 03:23 PM
Hmm, first two races in the Southern U.S. Tour are Laguna Seca and Long Beach??

racerfink
November 2nd, 2015, 04:25 PM
I like it because there's nothing I want, so I won't spend any money, but others will be happy. Win win :)

The Holden Torana is basically a good handling V8 Chevy Monza! The only one I'm 'meh' about is the Prowler.

Freude am Fahren
November 2nd, 2015, 07:27 PM
Is there anywhere on the pre-race menu where it tells you what track you're at? Even when you have the loading screen, you can't tell which version of, for example, Daytona you're at.

racerfink
November 3rd, 2015, 07:45 AM
The 'free' car for the November car pack is the 2015 NISMO LMP1!

Kchrpm
November 3rd, 2015, 07:49 AM
WHAT?! The only one I want is the free one! Yay!

Kchrpm
November 3rd, 2015, 07:55 AM
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_november_content_update

Update info.

Freude am Fahren
November 3rd, 2015, 08:03 AM
Hmm, I just tried to play the game and it has to update. I thought it should have done that overnight? Do they not just get pushed, it queries in the middle of the night and the patch isn't out until morning, it won't update until you start it or the following night?

racerfink
November 3rd, 2015, 08:08 AM
A few fixes as well.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_november_content_update

Fogelhund
November 3rd, 2015, 08:09 AM
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_november_content_update

Our latest content update for Forza Motorsport 6 has now arrived, bringing with it lots of new fixes and improvements to the Forza 6 experience. We break down the big improvements in greater detail below. In addition to the changes listed below, for this content update, we’re also bringing another treat for Forza 6 fans – a new free car! Check out the details below on the 2015 Nissan #23 GT-R LM NISMO, which will be available to all Forza Motorsport 6 players at no additional charge.

CARS
· Fixed an issue where pop-up headlights on equipped cars would inadvertently engage automatically in Forzavista. In addition, fixed an issue where headlights pins in Forzavista would not function correctly for cars with pop-up headlights.
· Fixed an issue where electric cars did not burn battery with Fuel/Tire Wear Difficulty set to “simulation”
· Various fixes and improvements on a number of cars in the game

TRACKS
· LIME ROCK – Fixed an issue where cars entering the pits at high speeds would not have damage fixed during the pit stop
· NÜRBURGRING – Fixed an issue where cars could leave the environment after colliding with a barrier on the first turn of the Nürburgring + GP ribbon

AUDIO
· Corrected/updated engine audio on a number of cars in the game
· We’ve made some changes in the various available audio mix presets in the game. For example, the “Headphones” setting has been adjusted to make the player’s car more audible in the mix. This mix will work with all playback devices and is recommended for those who prefer to have their car audio more prevalent in the mix.

MULTIPLAYER
· Server enhancements to improve matchmaking performance. These enhancements should result in improved multiplayer connections, especially for the small population of Forza 6 players who were previously having trouble connecting to multiplayer in the game.
· We’ve made a change to address an issue where players could hold a multiplayer lobby open for an indefinite amount of time by not finishing a race. As a result of this change, players can no longer sit idle in League races and accrue points. In addition, players who are inactive for a certain period of time in a race will be removed.
· Fixed an issue where lobby hosts in an Xbox Live party would inadvertently stop waiting for players in his/her party after matching into a public lobby game, backing out, and then making a private multiplayer game
· Fixed an issue where MP lobbies with roll-off delay were preventing the rear view mirror from appearing for players

MODS
· Non-performance enhancing Mods will not set dirty lap times
· Using a Mod that forces sim damage on in a race will now result in Drivatar cars also taking sim damage
· Crew Chief Mods can no longer be sold

LIVERY/TUNING
· Fixed an issue where players could unlock and share locked liveries by altering the livery in ForzaVista and then entering the Test Drive section of the game
· Fixed an issue where tunes were inadvertently prevented from being shared due to language filter bug

MISCELLANEOUS
· Fixed an issue in replays, where telemetry for Drivatar cars was showing “stock,” even if the car was upgraded
· Fixed an issue where Drivatars would be duplicated in a multiplayer lobby

Free Car: 2015 Nissan #23 GT-R LM NISMO
When Nissan management told its chief designer Ben Bowlby not make an “Audi copy” in the company’s run-up to LeMans, he took the instructions to heart. The GT-R LM NISMO is nothing like the Audi LeMans Prototypes. In fact, the GT-R LM is unlike anything ever built for the track. For starters, the engine is in front of the cockpit, a design not seen in more than 10 years. Furthermore, that engine powers the front wheels. The rear wheels receive power through a Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS). With well over 1,000 hp between the combustion engine and KERS, the GT-R LM has the power to compete. In the true essence of prototypes, it is a highly experimental design. Success in the 2015 World Endurance Championship and 24 Hours of Le Mans eluded the team, but Nissan’s racing development program continues to push the envelope on this intriguing design. Find out for yourself if the concept is viable on the track in Forza 6.

racerfink
November 3rd, 2015, 08:33 AM
Weird that your IndyCar was borked, Phil, must be a glitch. As Carlo said, and as I've seen in other videos, they'll easily get to 220-240.

As for the cars being too easy at Indy, they're all in high downforce trim with tires not wearing off, so it would be relatively simple. The top speeds shouldn't have been what they are with those wings on, though.

Sad to hear the road feel is getting worse, maybe it's a result of wanting the controller batteries to last longer and/or push more people to plop the cost of the system again to get a force feedback wheel.

I just raced at Indy with some friends last night. The #27 Honda I drove was 15mph slower on top speed than the #9 Chevy in stock trim. Quite a difference.

21Kid
November 3rd, 2015, 10:11 AM
I must be getting old... I'm just not having fun with this game. :(

Kchrpm
November 3rd, 2015, 10:15 AM
When I can get in a good room with a car I like, and have the zen of not caring about the big wreck(s) on lap 1, I love the game. But without the zen (or an appreciation for the no-contact rooms), this game would perhaps be mediocre.

21Kid
November 3rd, 2015, 10:54 AM
:erm: It's probably because I suck and prefer to play career mode, which is next to useless in this iteration.

Kchrpm
November 3rd, 2015, 11:18 AM
We have such different experiences, then, I have probably done fewer than 15-20 races in career mode.

21Kid
November 3rd, 2015, 12:05 PM
I have kids... I need to be able to pause the game, to go do... something.

Plus, I suck at racing. :p

Kchrpm
November 3rd, 2015, 12:07 PM
Oh...yeah :|

novicius
November 3rd, 2015, 12:12 PM
Yeah Kch, just pretend I'm in your races -- just waaay behind you as usual. :lol:

SkylineObsession
November 3rd, 2015, 02:34 PM
I don't race online in Forza, because i've never had Live Gold for longer than a month (bought a months worth of it for Forza 2, so that i could try get all the achivements).

Mainly because i too suck at the game. Have hardly turned the Xbone on since i got it though. :/

novicius
November 3rd, 2015, 04:28 PM
Kch, I'd bet the Fast Guys here could take cars an entire class lower than those of us who suck -- and still beat us. ;)

Rare White Ape
November 3rd, 2015, 08:32 PM
The 'free' car for the November car pack is the 2015 NISMO LMP1!

Is it the car that Jann Mardenborough drove at Le Mans?

racerfink
November 3rd, 2015, 09:55 PM
That would be one of them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_GT-R_LM_Nismo

Rare White Ape
November 3rd, 2015, 11:30 PM
I know the car, but I want to know if that particular car in the game (the #23) is the one he drove, and if it has his name on it.

racerfink
November 4th, 2015, 04:54 AM
I don't see any names on the car at all.

Freude am Fahren
November 4th, 2015, 06:37 AM
#23 was Jann, Max Chilton and Olivia Pla.

racerfink
November 11th, 2015, 02:38 AM
Sure has gone quiet in here. Racing in ghost leagues gets old!

Kchrpm
November 11th, 2015, 03:39 AM
Yeah, but the last several times I've spent people group chat or game invites, I've gotten no response. I've stopped trying.

Freude am Fahren
November 11th, 2015, 06:48 AM
i never see anyone online when I play. I finally got my headset fixed (bought a new one) too!

Kchrpm
November 11th, 2015, 06:53 AM
LET'S DO IT TONIGHT FELLAS!

novicius
November 11th, 2015, 07:24 AM
I'm free until 10 PM! :D #backmarker

SkylineObsession
November 11th, 2015, 10:35 AM
So if you guyz all race at the same time, do you know what time in NZ that would be?

My Xbox name is Mangosaurus, but haven't purchased Live Gold yet.

Kchrpm
November 11th, 2015, 11:28 AM
If we end up doing sometime in between 6 pm and 11 pm East Coast time, that's noon to 5 pm in Wellington, NZ.

Kchrpm
November 11th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Private lobby created! Come one, come all.

SkylineObsession
November 11th, 2015, 02:58 PM
I may not be able to get on for a while, as wifey is hogging the TV with Fallout 4 for the foreseeable future. :(

Freude am Fahren
November 11th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Well, I got on when I got home, Keith tried inviting me to play, and more problems, have ot restart, and I guess he got tired of waiting :) Still not getting chat audio. Shit is really annoying.

Jason
November 11th, 2015, 06:13 PM
I logged in and no one was on, then of course Keith invites me to race as I'm a third into an enduro :p

novicius
November 11th, 2015, 06:22 PM
I was there! :D

I was so far behind in most races that I was timed out but I was there! :lol:

racerfink
November 12th, 2015, 02:51 AM
Basketball game took longer than usual last night. The girls normally put a running clock on other teams, which makes the 2nd half go quick. Only won by 8 last night though.

21Kid
November 12th, 2015, 05:47 AM
FAF; is your NAT open (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/nat-error-solution)?

Tom Servo
November 12th, 2015, 09:06 AM
I regularly run into the same problems as FAF, my NAT is open. According to all the tests you can run from the XBox, my connection is tip top, but I have problems with it constantly. FWIW, I only have problems with both the XBox One and XBox 360, but my PS4, PC, and all my other devices work flawlessly.

Freude am Fahren
November 12th, 2015, 10:15 AM
Yeah, NAT is open. So originally I think the problem was the plug on the headset or the controller. So I bought a wireless headset, which really I needed anyway since I play with a wheel. But while I was at Best Buy, I picked up a chat adapter thing, so I could play other games with just the small mono headset for chat, and use my normal sound system for game play.

Tested everything out and it seemed to be working fine on the wireless headset in Forza. Went to play Halo 5 and switched to the wired headset with the controller. No problems.

Then last night, my headset was dead, so I tried what I was doing originally on Forza, that is playing with the wheel, but having the controller on and using it for chat. In theory it worked originally, except for the bad jack on the controller (and the controller timing out and turning off because I wasn't using it, can't get around that). This time it didn't work at all. No chat audio out, no chat audio in. And no chat through the speakers, like you should get when you don't have a headset plugged in. I figured the wireless transmitter being plugged in was bogarting the chat features, despite the headset being off/dead. That's when I turned off the XBox, unplugged the transmitter and turned the XBox back on with only the controller and wired chat headset.

So here I am, no wheel, no wireless transmitter or headset. And now I can talk, but still not hear anything. I confirmed the audio is working by changing the mix so I can head gameplay audio, but no chat still.

And that's where I'm at now, except my wireless headset is charged, so I guess I'll rely on that along for now.

21Kid
November 12th, 2015, 12:08 PM
You can keep the controller from timing out by leaving it connected to the Xone thru the usb.

KillerB
November 12th, 2015, 04:25 PM
Yeah, career mode sucks. This is the last time I buy one of these games I think. They're just not fun to me the way Gran Turismo 1 and 2 were.

SkylineObsession
November 12th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Yeah, i've found the career mode in Forza a bit messy too, but i can't really pinpoint why.

So you Forzaers, whatareya Live usernames?

No guarantee it'll work, despite having the fastest publicly available internet in the country connected to our house (gigabit speed).

Jason
November 12th, 2015, 08:13 PM
I wish Career Mode had more Class races in combination with all the car type races. I miss large fields of seemingly random cars going against each other. I much prefer single player to online, simply because I'm not competitive online, and at least the AI isn't actively trying to wreck me in every corner.

Kchrpm
November 13th, 2015, 03:38 AM
My XBL is Kchrpm

novicius
November 13th, 2015, 05:07 AM
XBL Tag: novicius

I can't drive well enough to be much of a threat online. :lol: #shrug

21Kid
November 13th, 2015, 05:21 AM
I tried all of the races in the first career series, and it seemed like they were all the exact same races/tracks too. So, it's like pick your favorite for this level... since they're all the same.
I personally prefer leveling up thoughout my career from the beginning, like Bryan. ;) That's one thing I remember from GT2, was trying to find the right parts to make my MKIII Supra competitive with the others.

Now that I get 8 cars & $2milllleeeeeeeeon dollars at the beginning, I can buy anything I want and race anything at any time. Not very much of a challenge. And not as much fun in my opinion. :|
If they kept the online cars separate and opened all of those up at the beginning, I'd be fine with that though. It seems like they're trying to incorporate off/online too much and messing it up in the meantime. At least that's what it feels like to me.

Kchrpm
November 13th, 2015, 09:09 AM
I like the idea of separate online and offline progression/garage, along with a free mode where you can use either :up:

Tom Servo
November 13th, 2015, 02:58 PM
XBL is Swervo. Can be hard for me to find time to play spontaneously, but if there's a planned thing then it's usually easier for me to set aside time.

SkylineObsession
November 15th, 2015, 07:49 PM
Hmm, so AI in multiplayer is both a good an a bad thing.
Good because it gives you a full field of cars.
Bad because i seemed to have a target painted on my car. ;)

First time playing Forza online, with people i 'know' anyway. Conclusion, i need more practice trying to get out of the drift everywhere habit. :D

Jason
November 16th, 2015, 02:58 AM
I'm 27% through the volumes, and 23% through the other stuff.... I've played a lot of single mode, that's pretty crazy to me, that I'm only that far through. Also I have 8.4mil and a butt load of cars that I'll never drive. I appreciate the money and cars and stuff, but I do kind of miss when it felt earned in previous games... but I know most people don't like to grind for things.

Freude am Fahren
November 16th, 2015, 07:17 AM
I always seem to get the worst square on my spins, so I don't have a lot of money or cars :lol:

I just beat the C7 autocross. That shit was hard!

Phil_SS
November 16th, 2015, 07:31 AM
I'm 27% through the volumes, and 23% through the other stuff.... I've played a lot of single mode, that's pretty crazy to me, that I'm only that far through. Also I have 8.4mil and a butt load of cars that I'll never drive. I appreciate the money and cars and stuff, but I do kind of miss when it felt earned in previous games... but I know most people don't like to grind for things.

I know the feeling. But it is way better to have the money available.

As someone who has set up a racing series or two. Being able to buy cars and buy all parts and adjust and exchange without worrying about money is a godsend.

racerfink
November 16th, 2015, 02:25 PM
89% on career, 100% on everything else. 403 cars in the garage, and still over 20 cars left to buy (another 15, or so, if you want to count the redundant racecars), so I like the ease of credits. I'm almost at driver level 300, and there are still several cars to go!

SkylineObsession
November 16th, 2015, 04:51 PM
I started buying a few cars last night so i don't have to keep renting cars. First buy was a new Corvette, to keep a certain someone happy. ;)

Jason
November 17th, 2015, 02:03 AM
89% on career, 100% on everything else. 403 cars in the garage, and still over 20 cars left to buy (another 15, or so, if you want to count the redundant racecars), so I like the ease of credits. I'm almost at driver level 300, and there are still several cars to go!

I'm gonna die of old age before I ever get to that point :lol:

Freude am Fahren
November 19th, 2015, 05:22 PM
The Formula Ford Spec race is pretty much impossible.

racerfink
November 19th, 2015, 08:42 PM
Most of the open wheel cars in Forza are WAYYYY under-damped and/or sitting too low.

SkylineObsession
November 25th, 2015, 06:02 PM
Does anyone else have trouble with cars constantly trying to oversteer?

As mentioned in an earlier post, i've had this problem throughout all Forzas and don't really know how to combat it. I'm not just powering them up to the max either, some cars are bone stock.

And i really suck at the race car rain series. Started out in a 300ZX race car (and couldn't control it, or get a decent placing even with AI turned to easiest, and all driving aids possible turned on...), then went to a 4WD Audi (but then turned game off for the night).

:(

Kchrpm
November 26th, 2015, 02:44 AM
You can definitely steer with the rear of the car in Forza, but you have to be very deliberate with your throttle application. If you give it 100% right trigger, you're getting 100% throttle, it's not like the steering where it slowly feeds it in or stops at the car's limit of adhesion. You can try to tune it out with suspension adjustments, or you can just be lighter on the trigger.

novicius
November 27th, 2015, 02:06 PM
And i really suck at the race car rain series. Started out in a 300ZX race car (and couldn't control it, or get a decent placing even with AI turned to easiest, and all driving aids possible turned on...), then went to a 4WD Audi (but then turned game off for the night).

:(
What car class is it? Can you use your own Garage cars?

SkylineObsession
November 27th, 2015, 05:05 PM
I've tried adjusting the deadzone on the triggers and i think that has helped a bit, but not 100% sure yet.

It's the GT2 (?) class of cars (Corvette, Aston, SLS, Gallardo, F458 etc - except i went for the old school category with the huge turbo lag etc - which probably didn't help, but thought it would be more fun). Haven't played the game since (been addicted to The Walking Dead 1 lately), but may try a different class.

But yeah, still get the odd car rabbitting away into the distance never to be seen by anyone in the race again, so that doesn't help either sometimes.

novicius
November 27th, 2015, 05:07 PM
That's not a Forza car class (A, R2, R1, X, etc.).

What is the PI limit?

SkylineObsession
November 27th, 2015, 05:22 PM
Oh. R2?
Basically the first race cars you come upon if progressing solely in career mode?

And couldn't tell you PI limit. I just buy or use cars i have and let the game upgrade them for me.:o

racerfink
November 28th, 2015, 03:58 AM
PI is R850 for that series, I believe.

You want the least amount of deadzone for your right trigger. Also, raising your ride height quite a bit seems to do wonders in the rain races.

racerfink
December 1st, 2015, 08:35 AM
Mobil1 car pack is out.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_december_mobile_1_car_pack

racerfink
December 2nd, 2015, 04:52 AM
Seems they've added a zero to most of the prize spins, along with a few other updates.

novicius
December 3rd, 2015, 09:21 AM
Oh. R2?
Basically the first race cars you come upon if progressing solely in career mode?

And couldn't tell you PI limit. I just buy or use cars i have and let the game upgrade them for me.:o
Are you running a plain modded 1994 Nissan Fairlady Version S Twin Turbo or the 1994 Nissan #75 Cunningham Racing 300ZX?

racerfink
December 4th, 2015, 12:44 PM
He's definitely talking about the Steve Millen 300ZX.

SkylineObsession
December 5th, 2015, 10:53 PM
Yeah, the race car that was recently added to the game. With mega turbo lag. ;)

Still haven't fired the game up again, blame The Walking Dead season 2 on PS4 for that. ;)

8400RPM
December 7th, 2015, 11:58 AM
For those who don't know- last weeks update included a somewhat hidden new car, a 1966 Silvia.

To get it you have to enter a career race series in Volume 1, then enter any series and choose Classic compacts. Then you will choose to 'Buy Car' and you will see the Silvia tuned to the top of E class.

Jason
December 7th, 2015, 01:13 PM
I like that people are calling hidden/secret as if it's a feature, and Turn 10 just didn't fuck up by not putting it in the normal 'buy cars' section of the game :lol:

racerfink
December 9th, 2015, 12:28 PM
They do have a reverse scavenger hunt going on this month.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm424033_Forza-Motorsport-Week-in-Review-11-25-15-Reverse-Scavenger-Hunt.aspx#post_424033

racerfink
December 20th, 2015, 10:56 AM
FYI, driver level 400 nets you a $25 million spin.

SkylineObsession
December 23rd, 2015, 07:00 PM
400? FOUR HUNDRED?!

Now you're making me look lazy. :(

racerfink
December 23rd, 2015, 08:01 PM
Well, 408 now. And I'm almost done with a clean time on every E class track. Only 8 more classes to go!

racerfink
January 5th, 2016, 06:07 AM
New car pack comes out today.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_january_polo_red_car_pack

racerfink
January 5th, 2016, 07:45 AM
https://youtu.be/I3Fn8wAz8t8

Kchrpm
January 5th, 2016, 07:57 AM
A GT500 GT-R...perhaps some more paintshop tinkering will be necessary.

racerfink
January 27th, 2016, 09:16 AM
Best car pack ever?

http://youtu.be/Ypevi14b46s

Freude am Fahren
January 27th, 2016, 09:56 AM
SVX!!! This is one of the most important cars for me. It's one of the first cars to get me into cars, riding around in my Grandfather's back in the early 90's. It was the first time I was in something so low and sleek, and it had all the futuristic features back then.

:lol: at the way they feature the Aztek at the end.

racerfink
January 27th, 2016, 10:32 AM
The first racecar I ever drove was a '72 Corolla 1600 deluxe in SCCA's GT-4 (now GTL) at a driver school 25 years ago. We borrowed that one to get me through the school, so my dad ended up buying a really nice '74 SR-5 Corolla that was the South Atlantic Road Race Championship ITC class winner. I know what my first paint job will be...

Jason
January 27th, 2016, 03:49 PM
They'll put an Aztek in the game, but not the new NSX. WELL ALRIGHT FINE.

thesameguy
January 27th, 2016, 05:13 PM
Milano is almost enough to get me to buy this game. I wonder if you can tune in any negative camber because, like, that's impossible IRL. :D

Phil_SS
January 27th, 2016, 08:03 PM
Yeah. The Aztek is funny as a joke for about 3 seconds. Otherwise a real nice selection of cars for the pack.

I had been neglecting the game, so I decided to jump back in and play a little last night. I had left off at the beginning of Volume 4, Professional Racing. The first series is the Stormfront series which is uses only rain tracks. Seeing as how I'm a sucker for vintage cars I picked the Early GT cars for the event.

I then have to pick a car so I took one of the free cars available to me, the IMSA series 1991 Mazda Motorsport RX-7. It took me a few starts and restarts to get back into the feel of the game but once I did the game just feels right. I really like how I have to be smooth to do well.

I ended up winning the first race at the Bugatti circuit by using only 3rd and 4th gear because it kept the revs down and eliminated the chance to get loose while shifting.

racerfink
January 28th, 2016, 03:15 AM
I'd rather have the Aztek than another supercar that has no home, PI wise. I don't know that I've even touched the One:1 at all.

Kchrpm
January 28th, 2016, 03:26 AM
I'd rather have a Z51 C7 that I could use in A Class, but I'm weird.

Jason
January 28th, 2016, 03:46 AM
Prediction: The Aztek will set all sorts of records like the Jeep used to. Because Forza.

racerfink
January 28th, 2016, 05:45 AM
After I got t-boned in the old hairpin, my dad went with a nod to the Rocketsports IMSA Oldsmobiles for the paint scheme.

http://i66.tinypic.com/1zlzk0k.jpg

Phil_SS
January 28th, 2016, 07:53 AM
That is effing badass. :up:

racerfink
January 28th, 2016, 11:28 AM
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?game=fm6&id=2837779&full=true

SkylineObsession
January 28th, 2016, 05:21 PM
No moar Aussie cars then. :( Even though i'm a Ford fan, it was awesome to see the Monaro and Torana added to the game.

And i did end up finishing those rain races in the mega turbo lag cars, in the 4WD Audi (easy peasy). Then entered another race series with those cars, the RX-7 i think, and had a bit of fun with them on dry surfaces. ;)

Actually finished career mode i think (been a while since i've played, blame Telltale Games), next on the list is to tick more completionist things off by (trying) to win every race with every class of car or whatever it is.

Yobbo NZ
January 29th, 2016, 03:46 AM
Don't think they're finished with the Australian cars just yet....someone I do Sunday night racing with knows of a car yard in Sydney that was used by Turn 10 to research/scan the Australian DLC cars we've had....there's two missing so far.An E38/39 Charger and an XY Falcon.

speedpimp
January 29th, 2016, 03:02 PM
They need a ragged out Tercel wagon to go with the Aztek.

SkylineObsession
January 30th, 2016, 12:03 AM
HOLEY CRAP, the Charger would be friggen epic! :D Love watching them race around at the speedway, but they look great with windows in and road legal too. ;)

And as for the Falcon... I needn't say more. My brother in law will be salivating and maybe itching to play the game, and i don't think he plays video games...

Phil_SS
February 1st, 2016, 07:27 AM
So it appears the Porsche Expansion was accidentally released on Amazon yesterday. It was quickly pulled off the site but people screenshotted it and this is what it stated:

-Explore the past, present, and future of Porsche in an all-new guided Porsche Anthology campaign experience, featuring 48 new events across all of the Porsche models featured in the expansion.

-Collect, race, and customise 20 of Porsche's most famous cars, including nine models brand new to Xbox One. From groundbreaking early innovators like the 1957 356A Speedster to bleeding-edge engineering marvels like the 2015 #19 Porsche Team 919 Hybrid, the legacy of Porsche is on full display.

-Compete in new Porsche-themed multiplayer Leagues, Hoppers, and Rivals events.

-Virginia International Raceway makes its Forza Motorsport debut as a new track in Forza Motorsport 6. Tackle this classic American race track across seven distinct ribbons, all featuring night and wet configurations, and all running at glorious 1080p and 60 frames per second.

-Collect Porsche-exclusive Mods and Badges, and earn 250 Gamerscore worth of Xbox Live achievements.

-Price was quoted as $20

VIR :up:

Kchrpm
February 1st, 2016, 07:44 AM
The 919 Hybrid :up:

Freude am Fahren
February 1st, 2016, 08:52 AM
VIR! :)

Is it included in the season pass?

Phil_SS
February 1st, 2016, 10:56 AM
VIR! :)

Is it included in the season pass?

If you mean the track? Then I would be surprised it wouldn't be available to everyone.

The Porsche pack will not be included as it was stated as $20.

Kchrpm
February 1st, 2016, 11:58 AM
You don't think the track will be part of the paid DLC, Phil? I hope you're right.

Jason
February 1st, 2016, 02:07 PM
I have to imagine they'd release the track for free... too many headaches in online match making and all.

Related to tracks... I'm still really disappointed that there's none of the classic Japanese tracks in the game.

racerfink
February 1st, 2016, 02:44 PM
DLC tracks, in past Forzas, have always been free.

racerfink
February 1st, 2016, 02:47 PM
Related to tracks... I'm still really disappointed that there's none of the classic Japanese tracks in the game.

That would be on Sony strong-arming the Japanese tracks into charging way too much for direct Playstation competitors to use their tracks.

Kchrpm
February 3rd, 2016, 07:30 AM
NEW GTXF FORZA EVENT INCOMING: Android Wear 1 Hour of Daytona - Click Me! (http://gtxforums.net/showthread.php?1437-Forza-6-Android-Wear-1-Hour-of-Daytona-Wednesday-February-10th&p=62665#post62665)

Kchrpm
February 7th, 2016, 10:43 AM
Since image embeds are so unreliable, JUMP STRAIGHT TO YOUTUBE VIDEO EMBEDS!

(might still be processing if it's not working)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWm4T9JhxtA

Freude am Fahren
February 7th, 2016, 11:35 AM
:up:

speedpimp
February 7th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Finally played F6 for the first time in a few months. Nothing says cluster fuck more than SUVs at LeMans Bugatti first corner at night.

thesameguy
February 8th, 2016, 01:47 PM
:lol:

Phil_SS
February 9th, 2016, 04:36 PM
Let's see if this works.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BDEDFFC28B472C63!108&authkey=!APA5h3nqhGFNQBs&ithint=video%2cmp4

Kchrpm
February 9th, 2016, 05:49 PM
It did not embed, but it did work :up:

Kchrpm
February 10th, 2016, 08:20 PM
People keep calling my car the "purple Corvette", I'm wondering if they're not seeing the whole paintjob or if the highlights are just enough to get that reaction.

Phil_SS
February 11th, 2016, 04:31 AM
Looks two tone dark grey and white with pink accents to me.

racerfink
February 11th, 2016, 04:36 AM
Hit level 500 this A.M., and got $50,000,000 credits.... and not one single use for them.

Kchrpm
February 11th, 2016, 06:57 AM
The Modern GT sim league has been great. The inevitable first lap wrecks have happened, but if you can get through them with only minor damage, the racing afterwards has been superb.

Phil_SS
February 12th, 2016, 11:25 AM
I started the Redline Series in Volume 4 using the Modern GT class and my #66 KONE Lambo and man is it a hoot to drive. The thing launches like crazy, from 14th to 10th in a blink of an eye but it doesn't have the top end of the other cars so it seems to even out.

The first race is kindof a dud, Indy Oval, but the next two are great; Road America and Spa. The competition was varied and I think it is a great feature that you can let the AI have custom liveries from the marketplace. Really gives the field a true to life look. More immersive.

And I don't think there is any better feeling in a racing game than hitting a good lap at Spa. It just feels so right.

speedpimp
February 13th, 2016, 07:53 AM
Doing the Daybreak Track Toy series with the BAC Mono. That car goes like a raped ape and handles like Jack The Ripper's blade.

Kchrpm
February 13th, 2016, 12:30 PM
The last lap and a half of a nice little duel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpR1yX97_iU

Tom Servo
February 13th, 2016, 05:27 PM
I think I've asked this before, but do you all have as many problems as I do getting on line with this game?

Forza Hub works maybe 20% of the time, and right now I can't connect to anything multiplayer. My network settings say that NAT is open and all services are available, and multiplayer test says that everything's solid. Still, I constantly have trouble connecting to anything with Forza.

Jason
February 13th, 2016, 05:39 PM
I wish Forza would smoothout inputs during replays. Twitchtwitchtwitch

Kchrpm
February 14th, 2016, 03:29 AM
I never have trouble getting connected in Forza. I'll get the random people who I can't hear and who can't hear me in large lobbies, but that's it.

racerfink
February 14th, 2016, 10:30 AM
Only problem I have is, every once in a while, the leaderboards go down when I'm in Rivals mode. Takes about a minute for them to come back up.

Kchrpm
February 14th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Ended up 66th out of 1411 players in the Elite Modern GT sim league that ended today. Paid out 962,500 CR :up:

Phil_SS
February 15th, 2016, 06:50 AM
Nice work Krunch. :up:

I meant to get involved in that league but decided to put a little bit of effort into the SP game. I'm finally up to the final volume. I may try this weeks Sim League which is stock 2016 Miata.

GreatScawt
February 15th, 2016, 01:24 PM
Wow, that's awesome, Keith :up:

SkylineObsession
February 15th, 2016, 04:57 PM
Nice, but what did first place etc get if you got that much cr?

Kchrpm
February 15th, 2016, 11:41 PM
Bragging rights.

speedpimp
February 16th, 2016, 03:31 AM
Added the VIP and Car Pass. Screw it, I'm all in for now.

Kchrpm
February 16th, 2016, 04:53 AM
I want the McLaren F1 GT, but I'm not paying $20 for it. They need to split them out.

speedpimp
February 16th, 2016, 10:06 AM
Most fun I've had in a car was the Koenigsegg One:1.

Phil_SS
February 16th, 2016, 11:15 AM
Having not played the League system, I jumped in yesterday figuring I could try the SIM league for this week, which is stock 2016 Miata. It doesn't show up as a choice so I ascertained that it is not available to me because my rating is now high enough. Thus, because I haven't played in the Leagues I am at Grassroots level, aka the lowest. So I jumped into the ghost league for this week which is open to any car that can attain B Class and is AWD. Though I didn’t realize the AWD restriction at first…..

Being the non-conformist that I am, I started searching through dealerships and looking for something odd to buy and compete with in the Leagues.

Audi: nah
Chevrolet: C5 Z06 could work but not weird enough.
Ferrari: 288 GTO noted and I’ll maybe come back.
Lamborghini: Jalpa. YAHTZEE! Totally had forgotten this car was in the game.

I do my usual which is throw on a set of race tires and see where my rating lands. Still plenty of room for mods; widen the tires, lighten it up, cage it, better brakes, better suspension, better transmission, aero mods and was able to add a little bit of power.

I head back to the weekly ghost league and prepare to race. But it doesn’t let me choose the Jalpa. The timer counts down and it gives me a stock Nissan R34 GT-R to compete with. It is about 70 points below the B-Class limit. Oh well, I’m here now, might as well see how this works anyhow. So I have a good race, I end up finishing 4th out of 8 or 9 cars. Not bad. I’m sure the extra 70 pints would have helped. All the other cars were TTs, WRXs, Lancers and GT-Rs.

Back at the menu I find the button that will give me the restrictions. Ah hah! The restrictions are B-Class and AWD. Doh! So I head back and drop in a AWD drivetrain into my Jalpa. Adjust some power numbers and I’m really ready to go now. Jump back into the ghost league and I proceed to pummel the competition in the rest of the races. As I figured, I am way above Grassroots level. But it was fun nonetheless.

Hopefully I can move up into some higher competition soon. Not sure how the skill rating works. I’ve read a little bit and it seems to be a weekly thing? Does anybody know? Can someone that is higher rated pull me into a higher league to help with my skill rating?

Kchrpm
February 16th, 2016, 11:23 AM
You can't join league lobbies as a party. I'm not exactly sure how/why leagues are assigned, I did some league races the first week(s) the game was out and I think I've been in Elite ever since (there's one higher level, Premier). This is despite the fact I went a long time without doing any league races.

From a quick Google/reddit check, it seems how clean you race is also a component. The only thing it really tells you is how many points you've earned (per race, per session/day and overall in that league), and how many each other player has earned overall in that league. It doesn't tell you why you got that specific amount (I used to think it was just 100 points for each person you beat, but there seem to be some modifiers that adjust that).

Some were saying that they were bumped up in the leagues before the week was over, but this was at the game's release, things may have stabilized since then.

Of course, all that being said, don't expect the higher level races to be purely professionals who are above first turn aggressiveness and the occasional wrecker. Maybe Premier completes weeds those people out, but you still get some of the normal frustration in Elite at least.

Kchrpm
February 16th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Unrelated: someone remind me to make a black C7 with a gold Jake on the hood so I can see if it looks like Trigger #plansforthefuture

Jason
February 16th, 2016, 02:10 PM
Make a black C7 with a gold Jake on the hood.

racerfink
February 16th, 2016, 10:13 PM
Make a black C7 with a gold Jake on the hood.

What he said.

racerfink
February 16th, 2016, 10:16 PM
Ran with the 2o4f group tonight. 10 car lobby of mostly older guys, and VERY LITTLE CONTACT.

The first race after I joined them... Formula Mazda.

We need to do a race with either these, or the FF2000!

Kchrpm
February 17th, 2016, 01:21 AM
The vent in the hood prevents a proper size and placement of the oversized decal. Project abandoned.

Kchrpm
February 17th, 2016, 01:23 AM
We need to do a race with either these, or the FF2000!
Set it up. I'd prefer the non-DLC car, as I'd rather not buy it.

Phil_SS
February 17th, 2016, 04:31 AM
Yeah, we can certainly do it with the Formula Ford. I used to race with the 2o4F crew back in the Forza 4 days. Great group of guys that provide good, hard and fair racing.

BTW, Forza 6 VIP is $10 with Xbox Live Gold. I haven't really used any of the cars that come with it but getting double credits for everything I do is nice.

Kchrpm
February 17th, 2016, 05:06 AM
BTW, Forza 6 VIP is $10 with Xbox Live Gold. I haven't really used any of the cars that come with it but getting double credits for everything I do is nice.
Wha? I always see it as $20...

Phil_SS
February 17th, 2016, 05:18 AM
It's on sale right now.

Kchrpm
February 17th, 2016, 05:33 AM
Purchased :up: Thanks for the heads up! Now I have to decide how I'm going to paint my Big Mac...

Phil_SS
February 22nd, 2016, 10:05 AM
I checked the leagues available this week and I'm now ranked Elite. :up:

Kchrpm
February 22nd, 2016, 10:09 AM
:up: Like a boss

SlipZtrEm
February 22nd, 2016, 06:35 PM
Krunchy, good to see you in the hoppers for a few races. Shame others couldn't drive. I couldn't stick around for long, was about to head off to the gym.

Speaking of the Formula Mazdas, I started a small series with them over at the 'Planet last month, we just did our third (of five) races yesterday. Good fun stock, and at our current S785 tune, it's a definite leaderboard car without too much effort. Unlike the current Bounty Hunter race... I maxed my Rolls affinity before I finally beat Triton.

Phil_SS
February 23rd, 2016, 04:43 PM
The Sim Spec series with Lotus 2-Eleven is brilliant. I had a great time last night racing last night with fields of 18-20 drivers.

The car is a blast to drive and the cockpit view is immersive while not being constricting.

Highly recommended.

Darius
February 25th, 2016, 08:53 AM
Are you guys using wheels with this or just controllers?

Freude am Fahren
February 25th, 2016, 09:02 AM
Wheel 90% of the time.

Darius
February 25th, 2016, 09:15 AM
Which wheel are you using?

Tom Servo
February 25th, 2016, 10:24 AM
Controller here...as far as I know, my G27 still doesn't work with the XBone.

Freude am Fahren
February 25th, 2016, 10:45 AM
I'm using the Fanatec Clubsport v2, I also use it on GT6 and various PC programs.

Phil_SS
February 25th, 2016, 10:48 AM
Controller.

Because I didn't have the space for a wheel, I do now, and because the setup I want is going to cost a pretty penny.

speedpimp
February 26th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Starting using the in cabin view and was amazed by the sun glare through the windows. So beautiful.

racerfink
March 1st, 2016, 03:56 AM
If you like using the Ganassi Riley DP Ford, you may want to hold off for a few days.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst58956_Tomorrow-s--3-1-16--Content-Update.aspx

Phil_SS
March 1st, 2016, 06:56 AM
That is pretty ridiculous. Use this car and configuration and you will break the game so bad you can't play it again til we fix the issue. That's something that should pop up when you start the game.

And this is the second major issue with that car specifically. :|

On a good front: Porsche Expansion has been released (http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FM6_Porsche_Expansion)

Jason
March 1st, 2016, 09:23 AM
I wish there was a decent mid-level wheel that had vibration and resistant steering... like there was for past systems. Now its cheapo, with no features... or $500 crazy pro ones. :|

Phil_SS
March 2nd, 2016, 12:58 PM
I bought the Porsche Expansion cause I was home alone and motored up on Giant Eagle Sushi and Victory Dirtwolf. :toast:

So far it is pretty bitchin. I like how they created a whole new section of the game just for it. It has it's own career mode, Rivals, Leagues etc. The career mode is pretty cool. You participate in a 2 race series for each car starting at the oldest and moving to the newest. And they each have their own introductions. I like it alot and would not be opposed to a future Forza using the same method for the regular career mode. Would be a cool way to introduce people to historical cars or series.

My only complaint so far is that it appears that VIR is locked behind the expansion. Not sure why they did that. But the track is fantastic and will take a long time to master. I'd put it right up there with Spa from a technical standpoint. And they went all out on it. it has seven different ribbons and all of them can be raced during the day, night and rain.

On another front, they have started a new series event that will allow people to get the 2015 Lamborghini #63 Squadra Corse Hurácan LP620-2 Super Trofeo. (2015 Lamborghini #63 Squadra Corse Hurácan LP620-2 Super Trofeo.)

Luckily it will be a lot easier to get than the Aston Martin V8 Vantage from last months Bounty Hunter contest. Though they have stated the Aston will be available at a later time for everyone to get. Anyways, this seams like a fun event.

Freude am Fahren
March 2nd, 2016, 01:32 PM
I got it too, and have enjoyed it so far :up:

What do you mean about VIR? That people have to buy the expansion to get it, or it's only available in that part of the game? I haven't tried using it outside of the Porsche bit yet.

One of the first things I did after doing some of the Porsche stuff was start comparing the Big three (plus the Agera with upgrades to about an RS, and the Huayra to make big 5).

SkylineObsession
March 2nd, 2016, 02:42 PM
Where's my 997 GT3 RS. :(

Freude am Fahren
March 2nd, 2016, 04:05 PM
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?game=fm6&id=3289275&full=true

Phil_SS
March 2nd, 2016, 04:10 PM
What do you mean about VIR? That people have to buy the expansion to get it, or it's only available in that part of the game?

People have to buy the expansion to use it.

Where's my 997 GT3 RS. :(

There is a 997 GT3 RS 4.0. :rolleyes:

Fogelhund
March 2nd, 2016, 07:30 PM
That is pretty ridiculous. Use this car and configuration and you will break the game so bad you can't play it again til we fix the issue. That's something that should pop up when you start the game.

And this is the second major issue with that car specifically. :|

On a good front: Porsche Expansion has been released (http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FM6_Porsche_Expansion)

No 73' 911RS?

SkylineObsession
March 2nd, 2016, 08:36 PM
Noooo, i mean this one. Don't like the look of the 4.0.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/7psT6IBpHgQ/maxresdefault.jpg

Kchrpm
March 3rd, 2016, 03:38 AM
What's the difference? The paintjob that you can apply yourself?

Kchrpm
March 3rd, 2016, 06:21 AM
Phil-
We should do some testing with the Porsche GT3 racer vs the competition, make sure they did a good job of balancing.

Freude am Fahren
March 3rd, 2016, 06:38 PM
I was really hoping Forza would learn the error of its ways and fix the bullshit wet tracks. What a fool I was.

Phil_SS
March 4th, 2016, 05:22 AM
I'm guessing you mean removing the puddles? Would be nice but I know the tracks well enough to avoid the problem areas.

Freude am Fahren
March 4th, 2016, 06:16 AM
Yeah, it's just wholly unrealistic. No series would ever race on tracks like that. If they wanted to put some puddles off line or small puddles here and there there, that'd be fine. But making the Fangio chicane a lake is just retarded. Especially when the AI seems to be able to drive through them with only minor impact. We get it, you modeled hydroplaning.

Jason
March 4th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Yeah, it's just wholly unrealistic. No series would ever race on tracks like that. If they wanted to put some puddles off line or small puddles here and there there, that'd be fine. But making the Fangio chicane a lake is just retarded. Especially when the AI seems to be able to drive through them with only minor impact. We get it, you modeled hydroplaning.

It's funny that sometimes the AI does fantastic with the water, and on other tracks, it turns into destruction derby.

SkylineObsession
March 4th, 2016, 06:48 PM
What's the difference? The paintjob that you can apply yourself?
If you know the cars, there are a number of differences. Like the rear lights and bumper.

And i think what they need to do RE; puddles is maybe slightly reduce the effect it has on cars, or move the location of some of them (or remove/reduce their size).

Freude am Fahren
March 4th, 2016, 08:16 PM
Did they not make a 3.8 997.2 GT3 RS?

edit: yes they did. I remembered right after I posted, it was the one with the flag stripe on the bottom and the ugly GT3 RS script over the rear wheels.

The 997.1 was better looking, but the 4.0 is just badass. I'd love to see a 4.0 with a 997.1 wing and paintjob.

Kchrpm
March 6th, 2016, 04:56 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/XF8ZDKT5V62c23NLgqnYV2TViIBOKK-T20qqMypWa852yZHPfG0eKzMTudV3BsFNFe5yLljLlHSsTVoNj BeSPVll8JhyJ9B7bF54AiIGnFRkhfzH-T-yUPtsu6Cy84B9Tz0imB0KBgThrTIfKOqSz6o1Pqw0icPIIYShC 24H_RXg7nTdqEk6VbPKmqAJJrq0ANjXVL-c0eBYQCE5bJh6otqnqsK5MzU45UGfnZZ-yfKVjeNFb9DD43SK7j4YYJNP6csmG3JNUE7Kw659eWwIEMft8C _NBbz-p5FB2Mh2-qtJWtNJdjWF6mDyl5kGP509mvq2V6v25DpzNZkct-8KOk3RC9bT8JADvuBHhh48cpm1P1u7gcT6wsRYpcG69GP-cHv3O4oWFRGmhApFlZzU7i8w0ZCL5_Axu_0ds7nu4_E9ck8HxY j9exMQxopWm5JPqMwrS6YqJB992mX0WhH4SrfQbNRbIJgjg6Nz lsRUzeMH_PPPMY-HvDUsab6oy4d6BCjtGyXYF-ORhbjItrA_A7ZSmYEJn5gVB5TEwxEjoZ79mTEM_ePTmCTVVFAX gV8Z_SvqEQ=w1920-no

Tom Servo
March 6th, 2016, 02:03 PM
After the first couple of days in the new place where I couldn't connect to XBL at all, suddenly I seem to have a much better connection than I used to and can actually connect to Forza Hub and the multiplayer stuff. Hopefully that means I can race online a little more now.

speedpimp
March 6th, 2016, 02:26 PM
Sprung for the Porkas.

Phil_SS
March 7th, 2016, 08:45 AM
I got up to Top 2% in the rivals event. I think I'm safe to get the Gold rivals prize car. Just need to put in a little bit of time tonight in the League and hopefully I can get the League car as well.

Love the livery Kieth. :up:

speedpimp
March 15th, 2016, 07:43 AM
New car pack today. (http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_meguiars_car_pack)

Phil_SS
March 15th, 2016, 08:55 AM
1988 Jaguar #60 Castrol Jaguar Racing XJR-9! Fuck Yeah!!!!!!!! :up:

Lots of other cool stuff there also.

Week One of the Season 1 Lambo Challenge, I produced a Top 5% rivals time at Monza and Top 50% League standing. I received the Gold Rivals Livery and League Livery.

Week Two, I was able to put in a good time at Watkins Glen but not get into the Top 5%, I think I'm around 10%. Doesn't seem like as many people participated this week. And last night I put in a little time in the Leagues* and was able to get into the Top 50%. I'm pretty sure it will hold up. So I should get the Silver Rivals Livery and the League Livery. Plus, with having been awarded at least three of the six Season 1 cars I will get the 2015 Lamborghini #63 Squadra Corse Hurácan LP620-2 Super Trofeo.

This week the Rivals event is at the Silverstone GP Circuit. And this week they have allowed for mods and tuning.

*While the Leagues can be frustrating. I still have a great time racing in them. Yeah, the first corner is usually a disaster but I had just as much fun coming back up through the field. On a few occasions last night I was 20th half way through the first lap and ended up finishing 6th-7th. Having a field of 20-24 cars just makes for a much improved overall racing experience.

Kchrpm
March 15th, 2016, 09:19 AM
My Monza time wasn't great because I didn't hop the chicane, and I forget where I was on the league, 800 something out of 2600+?

The leagues can definitely be a good time, as long as people don't take it too seriously or too casually.

Glad you're enjoying it!

racerfink
March 15th, 2016, 01:55 PM
It sure read like the league event ended today. I did five races yesterday to just make it in the top 50%, thinking I could do a few today. Suprise! They changed it to end last night. Just made it in.

Freude am Fahren
March 15th, 2016, 02:59 PM
New car pack today. (http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_meguiars_car_pack)

For those that can't see because of work, I found the list, it's not bad. Hey Keith... Corvette DP!

1988 Jaguar XJR-9
1934 Alfa Romeo P3
Ferrari 488 GTB
2015 Wayne Taylor Racing Corvette Daytona Prototype
1967 Mercedes 280SL
1968 Opel GT
1969 Fiat Dino Coupe

Jason
March 15th, 2016, 04:11 PM
Still no new NSX :(

Kchrpm
March 16th, 2016, 03:44 AM
Hey Keith... Corvette DP!

I may get just that, might toss in the 488 as well.

racerfink
March 16th, 2016, 01:39 PM
No Opel 'Mini-Corvette' GT, Keith?

animalica
March 16th, 2016, 02:03 PM
http://petrolicious.com/race-us-this-friday-on-forza-and-you-could-win-prizes

"
Race Us This Friday On Forza And You Could Win Prizes

No matter where you are in the world this Friday, join us for a few hours of racing—as long as you’ve got an Xbox One and copy of Forza Motorsport 6.

We’re often online in multiplayer matches, and find it annoying there’s not a bit more structure to how the gameplay is set up. On Friday, let us be your host in a lobby that will hope to keep the #drivetastefully in mind. Beginning at 3:00 PM PST, search for the gamertag “petroliciousco” and join our multiplayer match with the first race set to begin at 3:15 PM PST.

If you arrive after that time, hang tight in the lobby and we will get you into the next race—just don’t forget to hit ‘X’ once you’ve picked your car, that ensures we can start the countdown and get racing—be prepared to bring your best B, A, S, and R-class machines. If you’re on Twitch, we’ll be experimenting with a live feed from the office as well…

We’ll try to keep the tracks interesting (and traditional), pick fun cars, and most importantly, will be sending some Petrolicious swag to the gamer we feel most embodies the #drivetastefully ethos.

Let’s kick off the weekend a little bit early this Friday!"

novicius
March 16th, 2016, 03:09 PM
Animal?! :D Holy hell, where have you been??

Kchrpm
March 16th, 2016, 05:04 PM
No Opel 'Mini-Corvette' GT, Keith?

At that point I might as well buy the whole pack.

Phil_SS
March 17th, 2016, 08:27 AM
At least they now give you a copy of every car when you buy the pack. Although I don't understand why they don't just put them straight into my garage like they did with the Porsche Expansion.

I completed all of the Porsche Expansion except for the Endurance event. It is 100 miles at VIR in the 2008 Porsche #7 Penske Racing RS Spyder Evo. Not a big fan of that car but I might give it a go someday.

Since then I've been concentrating on completing the Showcase events. Most of the events I have kept at Pro difficulty. Some I may go back and play at unbeatable. Others, like the bowling events or the car passing challenges I put on a much lower level and complete them. I think I'm currently at 57% complete on the Showcase Events.

racerfink
March 17th, 2016, 09:35 AM
I finished off the VIR 100 very early Saturday morning. Took about 45 mins. That was the last race in my Porsche Expansion Pack. The Toyota GT-1 gave me some trouble early on the Pro setting, but it's a thirsty car. You *might* be able to make it in one stop, but I was so far ahead I made it a two stop race. It would be really, really close on one stop.

racerfink
March 22nd, 2016, 04:20 PM
Super Trofeo prize cars, including THE prize car, are out today.

Phil_SS
March 24th, 2016, 09:06 AM
The Hurácan LP620-2 Super Trofeo is a bit more of a handful than the Gallardo due to it being 2WD. I ran a few laps last night and I produced a decent lap. When I checked the top of the leaderboards a lot of the top drivers were using TCS. I'm gonna have to turn it on and give it a go.

Kchrpm
March 24th, 2016, 12:57 PM
I quite enjoy driving it, it can get into a nice little neutral drift that works well at some of the Laguna Seca corners. I jumped to the top of our group, but only top 25% of the overall. There are people going 4 seconds faster, with no TC.

racerfink
March 24th, 2016, 07:34 PM
You guys try way too hard on the time trials. All you need is a clean lap to advance.

Kchrpm
March 25th, 2016, 02:50 AM
I'm not trying to advance, I'm trying to get a faster time than you guys ;)

novicius
March 25th, 2016, 03:30 AM
That's the spirit!! :D :up:

Phil_SS
March 25th, 2016, 06:26 AM
I'm not trying to advance, I'm trying to get a faster time than you guys ;)

Exactly. #Hotlapper

Freude am Fahren
April 5th, 2016, 02:37 PM
Top Gear pack out today (Not included in season pass?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCKXv20Zw64

Ferrari FXXK
Rolls Royce Dawn
Jaguar F-Type Project 7
2016 Audi R8 V10+
Dodge Charger Hellcat
Range Rover Sport SVR
1990 Jaguar XJ-S

racerfink
April 5th, 2016, 11:12 PM
Thankfully, not a part of the car pass. Glad I didn't pay money for this crap line-up. The only car I'm interested in is the XJ-S 12, and they want almost half as much for one car as the whole pack!

SkylineObsession
April 6th, 2016, 12:41 AM
Me wants:

Koenigsegg CC-R
Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997)
Wiegert Vector W8 Twin Turbo (GT2's graphics just don't cut it anymore)
SSC Ultimate Aero
Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG (2002)
FPV GT Falcon (BA - 2004ish?)
Nissan Stagea 260RS Autech
TVR Cerbera Speed 12
Mack Superliner
Mack Ultraliner
Boeing 747-400
KFC
A dead flower

Jason
April 6th, 2016, 02:41 AM
No more car pass packs?

Phil_SS
April 6th, 2016, 06:15 AM
No more car pass packs?

Correct. The Car Pass was only good for the first 6 car packs.

And I'm with Racerfink. Complete meh except for the XJ-S.

SkylineObsession
April 7th, 2016, 08:27 PM
Oh, chur. Has there been 6 already? :(

I almost bought the car pass for Horizon 2 the other day since it is half price with Gold at the mo, but then saw that (as usual) it is only six car packs, and there are 13 in total... Price for all the add ons has been halved too though, and that's down to a mega cheap $54 or something, down from $130+. NZD of course.

Can buy brand new games for cheaper than $54...

Tom Servo
April 14th, 2016, 06:07 PM
I finally finished the career mode. Went into showcases, and wanted to get the bowling out of the way.

I can't beat it. Tried for a while. I'm doing the M4 bowling thing in the Top Gear showcase. What am I missing?

racerfink
April 16th, 2016, 04:36 AM
If you turn down the difficulty, it lowers the points requirement to pass.

racerfink
April 16th, 2016, 04:43 AM
Noticed last night that the Ganassi Ford DP and the WTR Corvette DP are now evenly matched (the PI on the Ford didn't change until I got in it). I drove them around Long Beach in stock form, and was within .2 with them. The Vette was slightly faster, but the gearing makes it more prone to wheelspin coming out of tight corners, while the Ford is more consistent.

Between them and the Indycars, and it being Long Beach weekend for real, we should do something! Could even have a GT3 class with the DP's for those without DLC.

What car can I put you down for, KCHRPM?

Tom Servo
April 16th, 2016, 02:20 PM
If you turn down the difficulty, it lowers the points requirement to pass.

Oh my god, thank you.

Kchrpm
April 16th, 2016, 02:42 PM
What car can I put you down for, KCHRPM?

A Vette.

speedpimp
April 18th, 2016, 06:11 AM
Fallout 4 vehicle to be playable in FM6 (http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_fallout4_chryslus).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_FJ1_nX7IM

racerfink
April 18th, 2016, 08:11 AM
As much as I hated to, I had to do it...

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?game=fm6&id=3827154&full=true

racerfink
April 18th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Chryslus' are out for some already.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?game=fm6&id=3831748&full=true

speedpimp
April 18th, 2016, 02:56 PM
Hawt.

racerfink
May 3rd, 2016, 09:10 AM
Hot Wheels car pack to come out today. Kinda interesting.

https://youtu.be/BwYNvB17EWs

racerfink
May 3rd, 2016, 02:07 PM
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?game=fm6&id=3976206&full=true

Freude am Fahren
May 3rd, 2016, 03:35 PM
X6M, what a waste.

Kinda interested in the Focus RS, which one is going to be free?

stephenb
May 5th, 2016, 02:39 PM
PCMR checking in :rawk:

Tom Servo
May 6th, 2016, 09:00 AM
Guess I'll have to get Windows 10 at some point. That's what I get for coasting along on a volume license.

Kchrpm
May 9th, 2016, 10:21 AM
Info on next expansion leaks via in-store purchase card, to be NASCAR-themed and add Homestead.

https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/4iah1j/next_expansion_is_gonna_be_nascar_themed/

http://i.imgur.com/2LSiPMh.jpg

- NASCAR World Tour Career mode: "race NASCAR stock cars against opponents from a huge variety of motorsport leagues"
- 24 new cars from the 2016 season
- New multiplayer events
- New display elements for drafting and car spotting
- Homestead-Miami Speedway

Phil_SS
May 9th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Meh.

speedpimp
May 9th, 2016, 02:23 PM
Interesting. Need more info. I'd rather see Bristol added.

Freude am Fahren
May 9th, 2016, 03:30 PM
They better include road course layouts!

racerfink
May 9th, 2016, 06:08 PM
There already are road course layouts. Watkins Glen and Sonoma for the big boys, and Road America for Xfinity.

Or are you talking about Homesteads' road course layouts?

Freude am Fahren
May 9th, 2016, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I mean Forza better give us the infield for Homestead.

Kchrpm
May 10th, 2016, 08:28 AM
I'm still waiting for P vs Modern GT multiclass race hoppers. The ABC'S have been fun, but just a tease. Maybe in time for LeMans? *fingers crossed*

racerfink
May 10th, 2016, 01:01 PM
I don't see why they wouldn't give all layouts of Homestead. They gave us all layouts of Indy and Daytona, so hopefully they continue this trend.

Freude am Fahren
May 11th, 2016, 06:43 AM
Of course, I'd expect it. Just a little worried because it's a specifically NASCAR pack, and Homestead isn't really popular outside of NASCAR. I don't think the road course is used by any major series anymore.

racerfink
May 11th, 2016, 09:56 AM
FARA is about the biggest that uses the road course now. They just ran their Sunset 500 this past weekend.

Kchrpm
May 17th, 2016, 08:30 AM
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_nascar_expansion

Nascar expansion available today for $20

The intensity of driving these quintessentially American race cars is at the heart of the NASCAR Expansion experience. Players will be able to drive twenty-four 2016-season NASCAR models from teams like Joe Gibbs Racing, Chip Ganassi Racing, Stewart-Haas Racing, Hendrick Motorsports, and Team Penske, including the cars of top-flight NASCAR drivers Jimmie Johnson, Kurt Busch, and Chase Elliott. Johnson, Busch, and Elliott also serve as the stars of the “Voices of Motorsport” in the NASCAR Expansion, introducing fans to the history and technology of NASCAR.

Along with the new career mode and lineup of new cars, the NASCAR Expansion also includes a new destination – Homestead-Miami Speedway, available in all modes of play – as well as NASCAR-themed Rivals, Leagues and multiplayer hoppers, giving players the chance to experience NASCAR across the entirety of Forza Motorsport 6. And with the addition of brand new features such as rolling starts, a new Quick Stop mode, and a more complex drafting model, the NASCAR Expansion adds new levels of strategy and tension to pack racing in game.

Also includes Homestead oval and road course.

In addition to the Nascar expansion, a content update is releasing today as well, for free.

HUD Proximity Arrows – New on-screen HUD arrows will provide players with information on cars in close proximity. Especially useful for players who prefer to use cockpit or hood perspective when driving, these optional HUD proximity arrows indicate surrounding traffic and will give players that extra chance of avoiding costly wrecks.

Drafting and Drivatars – Making the most of the draft is more important than ever in Forza Motorsport 6. Now, players will be able to feel the intense effects of the draft on their cars’ performance as they fight for every inch at close quarters. In addition, Forza Motorsport 6’s Drivatar opponents have been refined to manage the intricacies of tight pack racing at high speeds, where every inch counts.

Quick Stop – In racing, victory has always required quick reflexes. Forza 6’s new Quick Stop feature means that strategy will play a bigger role than ever. In Quick Stop race mode, all cars are required to take at least one mandatory pit stop before the end of a race. As the race unfolds, choosing an early or late lap for your Quick Stop can be the difference between winning and losing.

Rolling Starts – Now players will have the option to select a rolling starts option for races. Rolling starts offer an exciting alternative to traditional standing starts, giving the players the chance to experience the thrill of green flag starts at speed. Rolling starts also allow the grid to spread out, in turn reducing the number of first-corner accidents.

New Damage Option – For Forza players that love endurance racing, we’ve added a brand new damage option – cosmetic damage with fuel and tire wear. This option is ideal for players who want to experience the challenge of racing long distances while their fuel burns down and tires gradually lose grip, without having to worry about a single crash disabling their car and ruining their race results.

Multiplayer Le Mans – Le Mans has returned to online multiplayer! For the first time in Forza Motorsport 6 players will be able to race on Le Mans’ Old Mulsanne and Full Circuit ribbons in multiplayer hoppers and Leagues.

I probably won't get the Nascar expansion, but all that new free stuff sounds great :up:

Freude am Fahren
May 17th, 2016, 10:23 AM
Those updates are pretty solid :up: Maybe we should start thinking about a GTXF Le Mans race?

Also, I'm guessing you have to buy the NASCAR expansion to get Homestead? Do non Porsche-buyers have access to VIR at all yet?

Kchrpm
May 17th, 2016, 10:24 AM
Those updates are pretty solid :up: Maybe we should start thinking about a GTXF Le Mans race?

http://gtxforums.net/showthread.php?1526-Forza-6-2-4-(hours-races)-of-LeMans

Also, I'm guessing you have to buy the NASCAR expansion to get Homestead? Do non Porsche-buyers have access to VIR at all yet?

Yes, and no.

Phil_SS
May 17th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Totally not interested in the Nascar Pack but the new playstyle content are worthy improvements. :up:

And having a Nascar pack and not having Richard Petty's team is dumb. And with the Porsche pack at least we got unique cars and a great track that has multiple fun layouts while with this pack we are getting 3 unique cars and a bunch of paint jobs and a track that has two layouts. One being an oval. Blegh. The value is just not there.

speedpimp
May 17th, 2016, 12:39 PM
I'll wait a few months and wait for the 50% off fire sale.

Jason
May 17th, 2016, 04:04 PM
If the Nascar pack wasn't $20 I'd probably jump on it, but who am I kidding, I'm a completionist, I'll be getting all the shit eventually.

jimeez
May 17th, 2016, 06:50 PM
used the rolling start tonight in a couple of races. it was pretty good. The position arrows are awsum really helped out during the racing. didn't d/l the nascar pack probably won't.

racerfink
May 17th, 2016, 07:37 PM
Homestead has four different road course layouts, each with a dry and wet configuration, to go with the dry and wet oval configurations.

Freude am Fahren
May 17th, 2016, 08:45 PM
Wet oval? interesting..

racerfink
May 17th, 2016, 11:03 PM
Yeah, not really sure where that comes from...

Jason
May 18th, 2016, 09:18 AM
Position arrows might actually get me to use cockpit view. I still think they could and should do mirror overlays (left, right, and rear) in cockpit view. No it's not ZOMG SUPER REALISTIC, but it helps make up for the fact that we're looking through an extremely limited viewing angle, vs real life

Freude am Fahren
May 18th, 2016, 09:48 AM
Yeah, with my wheel, I can't map look left and right, so online racing can be dicey. I usually err on the side of caution to not be that asshole, but this could allow a bit more aggressiveness.

Jason
May 18th, 2016, 01:21 PM
ABORT MISSION, DO NOT WANT

Kchrpm
May 22nd, 2016, 05:11 AM
Why I got Forza 6: midpack GT battles (starts around 36:30, the stream is from one of the Ferraris that was near me for much of the race).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO5YZuLlxYI

It was a mixed class race between GTs and Prototypes, with yellow flags called for 2+ car incidents followed by stacking the field, then open pitting, then single file restarts.

Kchrpm
May 22nd, 2016, 06:09 AM
This is the series, if anyone wants to join *cough*racerfink*cough*

https://www.reddit.com/r/redditracing/comments/4k98nm/reddit_le_mans_series_iv_updates_and_current/

SkylineObsession
May 22nd, 2016, 08:03 PM
Yeah, i like the car proximity indicators (i always use hood view). Better than Gran Turismo's ones since they are colour coded etc.

Tom Servo
May 23rd, 2016, 08:29 AM
I like them, but at first I thought that when they were orange, that was designating that there's an overlap between cars. It definitely turns orange well before that, which makes it hard to tell at a glance if you can still move over without colliding.

Kchrpm
May 23rd, 2016, 09:49 AM
I like them, like Tom said, I still can't tell when it means "OMG DON'T MOVE AN INCH" versus just there being someone around. I've gotten orange markers to a 1 or 2 o clock position because the car in front of me got close.

Jason
May 26th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Forza 6 is $20 off on Amazon today, digital download code.

Kchrpm
June 4th, 2016, 03:39 AM
The Modern GT League continues this week and has turned into a SIM league as of earlier in the week, with 12+ minute races and simulation damage.

The ghost league for next week is stock C7 Z06s. Perhaps I should have a week of Forza focus.