March 13th, 2017, 06:24 AM
I didn't realize that you meant ON one either. :p

Kchrpm
March 13th, 2017, 06:25 AM
Go back to Zelda, child. #muchlove

It's a far superior game. #loveistruth

novicius
March 13th, 2017, 06:25 AM
The only reason I say shoot on 1 is because I feel that the three-beat-shot is enough to get timing down.

Four beats takes too long to keep aiming with these rifles. #movingreticule

Kchrpm
March 13th, 2017, 06:27 AM
Then start on 2. 2-1-shoot. Don't be insane.

novicius
March 13th, 2017, 06:27 AM
:lol:

novicius
March 13th, 2017, 07:41 AM
I created a character for when I am playing by myself and a character for when I play with other people.
This plan just doesn't work for me IMO.

Since there is very little difference when playing alone vs playing with people and the drop-in/drop-out nature of the title, my "offline" 'toon has become my "online anytime" character. :lol:

SkylineObsession
March 13th, 2017, 07:44 PM
My brother just bought it for PS4, and wifey wants to buy a digital copy on PSN so that we can both play online (we have a PS4 each) with the one copy if that'll work? Did for Driveclub a few weeks back.

novicius
March 14th, 2017, 04:27 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing your pics, Skyline. :D :up:

Living homeless in Bolivia is tough. No roots, my 'toon can't speak the language, takes what she wants with little remorse. :smh: Unlocked my own UNIDAD APC which is kinda game-breaking, let's face it. Your AI buddies are really good with the minigun and even tho' it handles like a six-ton truck with a four-cylinder diesel, you can definitely get some work done. :up:

After this past weekend, my combat rating is currently "Grunt". Apparently I'm not being tactical and/or stealthy enough. :lol: So I've started to focus on using my drone more, using my silencers more and when things get loud, using my grenades more. Slowly bumping up my percentages.

::

Fuckin' Bolivia! Just sucks the sleep right outta me. :lol: #sogood

21Kid
March 14th, 2017, 05:47 AM
I didn't realize there was a combat rating. I wonder what mine is... know where I can find what levels there are?

novicius
March 14th, 2017, 05:49 AM
Yeah I think Ubisoft talked about them in an article. I googled for them, info is sketchy at best -- lots of guessing.

I think you're "Overwatch". Probably all that drone-werk. :cool: #guessing

21Kid
March 14th, 2017, 07:12 AM
Found it (https://ghostreconnetwork.ubi.com/en-US/).

PLAY STYLE
Overwatch

Average kill distance
54 m

I don't see what the play style is based on though. :\

Phil_SS
March 14th, 2017, 07:24 AM
Mine says Commando. I have 100% Tactical Planning and 64% Stealth Kills.

Which makes sense, I always use my drone to scout out an area first and then I move in with trying to not be seen. But sometimes you gotta <vazquez>LET'S ROCK!</vazquez>

Edit: I'm a little disappointed they don't have stats for each of my characters. I was planning on playing the game someday where if I got killed I would start over.

Edit2: Also, if you want a more immersive feel to the game, turn off the HUD. I only have the Gun and Ammo graphic on and that is because I can't tell which item I have selected; grenade, mine, C4 etc. I wish they had it flash up for a split second when I picked the item when I have the graphic turned off. Doesn't seem like it changes what you have in your hand but maybe it does, just sometimes it is hard to see what you are using. In real life you would know.

21Kid
March 14th, 2017, 07:34 AM
I like having all the info.

That website is so bad... :smh:

Join us
https://ghostreconnetwork.ubi.com/en-US/task-force/profile/1073/GTXF-Squad

Phil_SS
March 14th, 2017, 07:41 AM
I sent a message to join.

novicius
March 14th, 2017, 07:47 AM
I typically use my silenced pistol for stealth kills and then keep my assault rifle unsilenced for when things go loud.

I wonder if that (plus dying too much) is what is giving me "Grunt"? :|

21Kid
March 14th, 2017, 09:53 AM
I'm surprised I'm not a grunt with how often I'm on the .50 cal.

I should be listed as "it's complicated"

novicius
March 15th, 2017, 04:38 AM
Either way, the tactics were very different but it always started with aerial recon, then picking your options, then going ahead with it. All-in Rambo-style wouldn't be as satisfying to me.
I have a problem. :| #Rambo

Working with Kid on my low-level 'toon last night, I died a lot. :lol: I'm still having fun but my higher-level character is noticeably tougher than the scrub -- to the point that I regret putting any Skill Points anywhere else but in toughness perks!

Phil_SS
March 16th, 2017, 10:44 AM
Was just doing a little light reading at the Wildlands Reddit. People have discovered an issue where if I join a friend that is taking down a Buchon/Boss and I have not unlocked that mission then I don't get the skill points for finishing the Buchon/Boss mission. Wowza!

Luckily I have basically not played any Boss missions with my friends. Shit, I've hardly played any missions with my friends. Just been running around collecting stuff and causing mayhem.

novicius
March 16th, 2017, 10:49 AM
Well set your XBL profile back to "Online" and we'll invite you! :D

GreatScawt
March 16th, 2017, 11:36 AM
Why would he do that when he can use that AI sync shot cheese? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EsTFE2gIZE&t=1711s

Phil_SS
March 16th, 2017, 12:20 PM
Well set your XBL profile back to "Online" and we'll invite you! :D

If I'm not online I'm not online. Like last night, played a little bit til I went to pick up my Daughter at Gymnastics at 8PM. Got home, sat down and watched the ABC Wednesday night block of shows with the little women:

Goldbergs (Awesome, must watch for children of the 80's)
Speechless (Decent)
Modern Family (Good as always)
Blackish (My favorite show on network TV)

and fell asleep around 10PM on the couch, woke up around 10:30 and then went to bed. Stupid comfortable couch.

novicius
March 16th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Just pokin' fun, bud -- haven't seen you on GR:W much, that's all! ;)

novicius
March 17th, 2017, 07:20 AM
Why would he do that when he can use that AI sync shot cheese? :D
Yeah I've used it but it's not as much fun as going Grunt. :twisted:

I'm ~30% through the main story so far. My play style has reverted back to typical FPS when I'm by myself: silencers off, throw a grenade to get the party/alarms started, lights-camera-action! I'm about 50/50 for even bothering to check out a new base with my drone. :lol:

Grabbing a fool from behind and wrangling them through a base with my handgun out? Guilty. Spamming grenades straight from ammo boxes? Done it. Creating as much carnage as I can with these limited tools? You betcha.

Playing GR:W as a pure shooter isn't the point and I'm glad it isn't the point. But it's a sandbox and I'm glad that the option is there, even if the point is to be unheard and unseen. :up: :up:

novicius
March 20th, 2017, 05:23 AM
Jesu Cristo! I've been grinding through the story as fast as my (limited) play time allows and it's *still* taking forever! :lol:

I've taken out probably six or seven buchones but haven't done five at any one of the four pillars under El Sueño. I'm getting close to taking down La Reina de la Belleza Nidia Flores tho'... will probably finish her off today. :twisted:

I have been working on the Physical skills and unlocked the Epic Skill: Faster Regen. :up: :up: I feel like I wasted *so* many points on my Drone. :lol: #doingitwrong

Kchrpm
March 20th, 2017, 06:12 AM
Have you saved Nidia Flores yet? Did you do thorough interrogation?

novicius
March 21st, 2017, 04:34 AM
Nope, didn't get to her yet. Kid jumped in last night -- and we proceeded to get kicked in the dick for about two hours straight. :lol:

The mission I was on loaded once... and then didn't load correctly again after that. Not sure if it was because Kid was selecting the mission or simply because he was in my Fireteam. We could get the first part done but then the mission-specific vehicles never spawned for the second half. We care enough to kill ourselves to reboot the mission a few times but not enough to log out to the Dashboard/quit GR:W/log back into GR:W/relocate and restart the mission. Typing that out was actually more energy than we had to play, I think. #lulz

So we tried a few different minor side-missions -- and kept fucking those up, too! :rawk:

Phil_SS
March 21st, 2017, 07:35 AM
There was a problem last night with Xbox Live and purchased content. I tried to join you guys and Chris and in both cases I got an error message. Chris got kicked from Xbox Live and then couldn't play at all. But I was able to play the game by myself.

I feel like this game has too much run around and find crap. I think they should have given us all the weapons and attachments and then just made us find the Kingslayer files to move the story missions along in that region. Would make more sense.

I'm an elite operative yet I don't get to choose my weapons and attachments. :rolleyes::smh:

I have my main and secondary weapons I like to use (M4A1 and M249). I maybe need an attachment or two for both. I'm gonna work on getting the attachments, plus the 1911 and the Vector. And then I'm just going to ignore the intel caches and side missions and play the story missions.

My second play through I'm going to start a character. Set the game to Easy, collect my weapons and attachments without touching intel caches etc. And then just play the story on Extreme and ignore everything else and see how few deaths I can do it in. They really should have a feature where if a character has finished the story they can start over with what they have unlocked.

Spring Update for Destiny is released next week. Beginning next Tuesday I may not pick this up for awhile.

21Kid
March 21st, 2017, 07:37 AM
Good times. It might have been me. A few times my shots went through bad guys, or they took an entire clip and didn't seem phased. Definitely not normal.

I'm an elite operative yet I don't get to choose my weapons and attachments.

Yeah I was thinking that too. Good thing the game tells you where all the weapons/attachments are. If you know what you want, you can just go there and get it. I didn't realize that until a little bit ago. Still pretty annoying though.

Kchrpm
March 21st, 2017, 08:01 AM
Easy mode weapon retrieval is what I did on the first couple days to get the SMG, assault rifle, a scope for both, and a sniper rifle I wanted.

novicius
March 21st, 2017, 08:04 AM
Good times. It might have been me. A few times my shots went through bad guys, or they took an entire clip and didn't seem phased. Definitely not normal.
A few of your shots went through Bad Guys we were supposed to interrogate, too. :lol:

::

I will be on tomorrow (Wednesday) night -- let's maybe reboot our routers before we play? My NAT is set to "Moderate" unfortunately by AT&T.

21Kid
March 21st, 2017, 01:26 PM
My NAT was open... I checked before I joined.

It usually is... I'm easy.

GreatScawt
March 21st, 2017, 02:11 PM
Giggity

novicius
March 22nd, 2017, 06:09 AM
I got done working on the car earlier than expected last night (where "done" = "I'm tired/sore/fuck this" :finger: ), so I came home and jumped online.

Changed my gameplay settings to "No Preset HUD" and difficulty to "Extreme". Wow, this slowed my ass down real quick! :eek:

No warnings, no markers, no SyncShot and droning a base meant I had to rely on my rusty memory. Very much a sneakfest at this point. Took things easy, shot/neck-snapped only as needed. When I DID get spotted by UNIDAD soldiers 'cause I'm out of practice at this type of gameplay, I was dead quick. A real good change for those of us who Rambo our way through multiplayer games.

Then invited by Phil & Chris, and we rolled through Santa Blanca campsites and neighborhoods collecting guns & accessories. :up: For the most part I was just a passenger and rode-along providing support fire and acting as a medic. I did find a dirt bike at one point but any time I wandered on my own, I was killed and needed them to revive me. #weakestlink (I did turn my HUD back and turned off some things after talking with Phil about his set-up.)

Once we moved into helicopter-stealing, I began to live longer. :D I'm getting fairly decent at this flight model now and can kind of provide limited fire support. We took down a few convoys and while the team planted mines/C4, I'd hover towards the end of the trap and gun down the foremost security vehicle and then fly around gunning down sicarios as needed. Since the surface-to-air sites are so plentiful, I'm also getting pretty good at nape-of-the-Earth flight up and down the mountains of SAM-istan. Helpful skill.

My favorite line of the night came from Chris when he said something like "I feel like Richie Valens" as we all clambered aboard a lightweight Cessna knockoff. :lol: #wesurvived

Phil_SS
March 22nd, 2017, 09:24 AM
Damn fun time!

Phil_SS
March 22nd, 2017, 12:24 PM
Title Update 2 (https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-286964-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32)

The most obvious changes will be:

- Added a feature allowing the player to mute every radio in-game. (Thank god)
- Players can now select what intel they want to collect, even with all the HUD options turned off. (Bitchin!)
- Players can now select the vehicle they want to spawn when using the "Drop Vehicle" rebel skill. (Hallelujah!)

novicius
March 22nd, 2017, 12:30 PM
Very very nice. :up: :up:

This is a great start to a new series, hope they keep polishing it for GR:W2.

novicius
March 23rd, 2017, 04:50 AM
Well last night made up for the shitshow Monday -- taking orders and knockin' 'em down. :up: :up:

Our operators for the evening (L-R: me, Keith & Kid):

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/762/33604327055_f33c589328_b.jpg

...and then Kid & I engaging in some good-natured cigar-chompin' professionalism:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3792/33221098190_3ffbb0336c_b.jpg

21Kid
March 23rd, 2017, 10:38 AM
Shortly after that last pic, Carlo's hostage "expired".

Phil_SS
March 27th, 2017, 12:16 PM
I beat the main story. Completed it by eliminating the Heads of Influence and Security.

The ending was ok. The missions to defeat El Sueno were kinda lame. One had me go to a spot where he calls my group and then tries to buy me off, yet I have no choice and say no and then that is it. I would have liked to have made the decision myself. And what if I could have joined him, could have made a cool alternate ending. I go after Bowman, etc.

The other mission I just went to a spot and found Amaru dead. Then talked to Bowman and she said meet me at this place, so I go there and then we find out Pac Katari is now against us, as he wants to take down El Sueno. So I come out of the building and then just have to race* to El Sueno's Mausoleum. And then when I get there I go in the big doors and the rest is just a cut scene....

Story over, then the game tells me to continue to take down the other parts of the Cartel. And that if I do there will be another ending. That's it.

*I may have broken the last mission by using the Trophy Truck parked outside and then used the railroad tracks to drive straight to the Mausoleum. I think I avoided a bunch of Pat Katari's force and El Sueno's force by taking the railroad tracks instead of the road. Once I got to the bottom of the Mausaleum area I just drove the Trophy Truck through the compound including up stairs until I got to the main stairs leading to the Mausoleum. I just had to kill 3-4 guys and then I could enter the Mausoleum.

This game is gorgeous. And I like the shooting mechanics. I don't even find the driving or flying controls or behavior to be bad anymore. But it does feel empty from a story perspective. I think that is the biggest disappointment in the game is that my actions in the world do nothing to the world. Like when I take down the Security branch it should have an effect on the world. Other branches the same, etc.

And I don't understand the need to have me run/drive/fly around the map to collect weapons and attachments. Well, actually I do, otherwise the game would be very empty. But I think that could have been fixed by giving me all the weapons and attachments and making me collect the Kingslayer files for story progression in each region.

Overall, I'm impressed by the game world but they definitely fell flat in the story/mission element of the game. There is so much potential.....hopefully they can build off of it for future games.

Kchrpm
March 27th, 2017, 12:30 PM
Phil:
Did you mean El Sueño, or is El Muero someone other than the final boss that's in the cut scenes?

Edit: watching some story stuff, doesn't go the way I thought it did, I guess it answers my question.

Edit 2: One thing makes me happy-ish watching this stuff.

Phil_SS
March 27th, 2017, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I meant El Sueno. Changes made to my spoiler message.

novicius
March 28th, 2017, 05:27 AM
I also completed the main storyline -- I thought it was acceptable for what it was. The ending definitely felt rushed, of course.

My biggest complaint is that there is no Big Boss El Sueño fight. :down:

For a guy that's been built-up the entire game through videos and narratives, the fact that we don't get some Tony Montoya-esq takedown is the very definition of anti-climactic. I, as the Player, want to be the one who determines if I shoot him or grab & stow him for extradition. :smh:

But props I suppose to not having Bowman flip on us as the "big twist". :up:

Overall, a very decent open world shooter that has some seriously fun gameplay. Would buy again. :up:

21Kid
March 28th, 2017, 05:28 AM
I just finished Witcher3, so I'll have more time to spend on this. Just as everyone finishes it. :lol: :(

novicius
March 28th, 2017, 06:26 AM
I'm still down to get sweaty, bud. :toast:

21Kid
March 28th, 2017, 07:00 AM
:eek:

novicius
March 29th, 2017, 04:10 PM
Made the sniper shot of my young life tonight: 759 m

Best part? It was against a target hauling ass down a mountain road in a Jeep! :lol: :up:

GreatScawt
March 30th, 2017, 04:57 AM
Damn!! :eek:

novicius
March 30th, 2017, 05:12 AM
A-thank you. ;) It was made using the SRS-A1, too -- not the MSR -- so at that range the bullet drop is severe.

I was basically using the bottom post of the sights at that point, seeing where the previous shot dropped off and hit the ground, gauging where the Jeep was headed and firing a shot into space. Enemy characters barely render at this range and vehicles begin to de-rez and turn into ghostly headlights/taillights.

It was a total luck-shot to be sure but a calculated one. :cool: #topshot

novicius
March 31st, 2017, 05:27 AM
But it does feel empty from a story perspective. I think that is the biggest disappointment in the game is that my actions in the world do nothing to the world. Like when I take down the Security branch it should have an effect on the world. Other branches the same, etc.
I've been running into this with my Level 30 main 'toon. It is jarring to hear snippets from the radios around you about people you've taken down including El Sueño.

Kchrpm
March 31st, 2017, 05:31 AM
Yeah...

Don't you kill the DJ at some point? I mean, I know it's just the same stuff on a loop, but c'mon, you only made the one channel, do something with it!

novicius
March 31st, 2017, 05:44 AM
Yep -- also:

After taking down El Sueño, the Katari 26 rebels turn on you. Yet if you go back out into the world, they still continue to help you out. So with my high-level 'toon I've been shooting them when they show up. :lol:

As a result of all that, I've re-started my game with a new Level 1 'toon. Just too jarring to play with those inconsistencies and unlike Destiny where you're re-fighting and replaying the same missions over and over, at least the narrative in Destiny is consistent.

GR:W is a damn good game. But this end-game-state absolutely feels like they ran out of time vs developing a true end-game-state with a post-game 20+ hours of new radio, Rebels fighting you alongside UNIDAD and ex-Santa Blanca sicarios -- or even scripting the splintering of the Santa Blanca cartel into smaller groups with their own colors, fresh graffiti textures, etc.

No additional missions or narrative, just a post-Santa Blanca game world... which would then be jarring to have friends drop into, I guess. #nowaytowin

Kchrpm
March 31st, 2017, 05:52 AM
WHAT?! That's fucking stupid :down:

Phil_SS
March 31st, 2017, 06:10 AM
You don't kill the DJ, you just take him hostage so you can then use the station.

But yeah, after that it is like nothing happened.

They could have had a rebel DJ take over the station and you hear rebel radio broadcasts. If they didn't want to allow that to happen, say right away, make him the Underboss of that section.

I understand that the recordings of El Sueno etc could just be replays of their old interviews but, I took down the radio station.......

Edit:

After seeing Carlo's additional posts.

They should have just made you take down the whole Cartel in order to take on El Sueno. And then you decide which ending is shown. Or maybe by the way that you play the previous missions it shows the ending that makes sense.

Like, when they originally started promoting the game. They stated we could play how we wanted for each mission. Kill everyone, sneak in and kill the boss, kill everyone and capture the boss, sneak in an capture the boss etc. But that isn't true at all. While yes we can play the missions how we want but only to the point with how we interact with the world. Anything from go stealth or go Airwolf. But Bowman tells you at the beginning of the mission whether the person should be killed or captured. We don't get to decide.

While I guess that would be the way it would be in real life, it leaves a lot to be desired when you are trying to allow for a story to progress in a video game. And it doesn't allow for people to play the game as they see fit. Like what if I want to capture every person or kill every person etc.

novicius
March 31st, 2017, 07:06 AM
Ideally the game would end once objectives are met. :lol: The missions are simply milestones towards completing the project that is "End the Narco-state". Ideally it's a temporary endeavor and there needs to be a plan to democratize a post-narco-state Bolivia with Bolivian military (UNIDAD) support, infrastructure-building, elections, etc. Not our job.

To bounce around in some war-torn SouthAm country for gaming fun is absolutely fine for gaming purposes -- but again some new end-game-state consistency would be nice, such as fresh radio once the credits have rolled.

In addition, we've ended the link between UNIDAD & Santa Blanca, it makes no sense to be attacked further by UNIDAD. The Katari 26 Rebels should replace UNIDAD, if anything. UNIDAD is the state military and we're U.S. state military, unless we're at open war with Bolivia, the moment UNIDAD is disconnected from Santa Blanca we're now on the same side, at least on paper.

Katari 26 Rebels combined with the remnants of heavily armed ex-Santa Blanca should be the ones rolling around holding territory, blowing up reservoirs, farming coca, etc. Someone still needs to be the bad guys, I just don't think it should still be the Bolivian government. Yep basically these complaints just boil down to there is no post-endgame-state. #shrug

EDIT: You should spoiler those notes, Phil -- most guys here haven't finished the game yet. ;)

Phil_SS
March 31st, 2017, 07:32 AM
I moved the radio stuff to spoiler but the rest is basic game knowledge.

And maybe I'm wrong. But I only thought the Katari Rebels turned on you for the final mission because Pac wanted to take down El Sueno. After El Sueno is dealt with then they should be back in our favor.

A more interesting thing to do would be to go complete a Rebel mission and see if Pac calls you up and thanks you for the support. :lol:

I completed all the rebel skills before taking down El Sueno.

novicius
March 31st, 2017, 09:32 AM
This part is a pretty significant spoiler, Phil. ;)

While yes we can play the missions how we want but only up until the boss. Then it is up to Bowman to tell us how the mission should end. Kill them or capture them. We don't get to decide.

Phil_SS
March 31st, 2017, 10:26 AM
It's not a spoiler. I haven't stated how a specific mission should be played or who dies and who lives from a story point of view. How the player has to deal with any significant person in the game should be general knowledge.

One other thing that is a bit of a disappointment is that mortars don't destroy any buildings. Even tin shacks or wooden buildings. I had a perfect setup the other day where a bunch of guys were in a building and it would have taken them out including the mission objective and they were in this small shack and it did nothing to them.

I can blow right through stone walls with any vehicle but they couldn't make the roofs of some buildings damageable..... I can even shoot through some materials. But they couldn't make Mortar damage transfer through certain walls or roofs.

novicius
March 31st, 2017, 10:48 AM
Openly talking about how the game ends is literally the definition of a spoiler.

Phil_SS
March 31st, 2017, 11:00 AM
I'm talking about any mission in the game. :)

I made some adjustments but you assumed too much. ;)

novicius
March 31st, 2017, 11:30 AM
My bad, sounded like you were talking about the end game mission ending.

animalica
April 2nd, 2017, 01:41 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/30vhcol.jpg

novicius
April 2nd, 2017, 07:33 PM
:lol: :up:

novicius
April 3rd, 2017, 11:22 AM
I've started my 2nd playthrough -- this time I'm completing every region to 100% before moving on.

No minimap, no direction display, no real GPS other than the actual distance indicator all adds up to make it feel new again. Really, really enjoying it. :up:

Lastly, I'm forcing myself to use at the Boss weapons that they drop, as well as changing only 1 piece of my outfit every time I take out a Buchon. I don't know what sort of Elton John tactical nightmare my 'toon is gonna look like when this is all finished but I'm looking forward to finding out! :lol:

lostnight
April 7th, 2017, 07:27 PM
I'll be in the fight sometime between now and April 17th. Mail ordered an XBox One Battlefield 1 pack. Also ordered some sort of Ghost Recon Wildlands, delux or something. I'll finally be back up and running again.

The main motivation is the upcoming Red Dead Redpemtion sequel, when that bad boy comes out I want to be sure I'm all set up to hook up with a GTXF posse for some rootin' toonin' shootin' exploration hijinks. In the meantime, BF1 and GRW should give me plenty to do. Also, I plan to get a used copy of GTA V of course, but sadly I'm too late to transfer my 360 profile.

novicius
April 8th, 2017, 09:18 AM
:up: :up:

Hit me up!

lostnight
April 8th, 2017, 09:44 AM
I will! Updating GTA V will take a while I think.

Freude am Fahren
April 8th, 2017, 10:28 AM
I never did get this, but NewEgg has 35% off, so maybe it's time.

lostnight
April 11th, 2017, 12:18 PM
My Xbox and games arrived already! Hooked up and doing updates. Slightly annoyed at no headset, and my 360 headset won't fit. Later this week maybe, sigh. I do need to go to Gamestop for a used GTAV, so I will get a headset then.

novicius
April 11th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Great! Gotta get that headset, Randy. ;)

Kid (codename: BUSH) & I rocked Bolivia earlier this week. Good times... :cool:

lostnight
April 11th, 2017, 12:53 PM
How much are they?

21Kid
April 11th, 2017, 01:05 PM
Mine was included. :shrug:

novicius
April 11th, 2017, 01:23 PM
I'm on my second XBONE one ($50). They're not sturdy unfortunately. :(

21Kid
April 11th, 2017, 01:31 PM
$50!?! There are plenty of aftermarket ones for $20-30 (http://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=xbox+one+headset). I should probably get a better one. Are they all really quite? I have to have the volume maxed out and it's still difficult to hear people talk most of the time.

lostnight
April 11th, 2017, 01:36 PM
Crap that sucks. Started downloading my first game, BF1, then cut my grass. Still only 7 of 52 GB complete. Sheesh. Might as well run to Gamestop and get that headset while I wait. Skipping getting GTA V for a little bit, did not plan on buying a head set.

lostnight
April 11th, 2017, 02:23 PM
The Microsoft brand was 30. Got the Gamestop brand for 15, yay! But I left a flap tip screwsdriver in my back pocket that I used to spray out the carb on my lawnmower. It tore up my black leather seat in my Altima. Dumbass! I stopped to get a couple of shots, so pissed.

lostnight
April 12th, 2017, 04:47 PM
Finishing up the GR-W update, kind of big. I'll probably just explore and learn tonight.

novicius
April 13th, 2017, 06:05 PM
Big 7.6 GB today. Shit. :|

lostnight
April 13th, 2017, 07:44 PM
I did that last night, unless that's an older one. Anyway, I made my character look somewhat like Steve Murphy from Narcos. I almost did Hank from Breaking Bad, then changed my mind.

novicius
April 14th, 2017, 04:08 AM
Yeah I'm sure it's the same one -- I just didn't play for the past few days since I was wrenching on the M00stang. Killed my gaming last night. :smh:

Freude am Fahren
May 2nd, 2017, 07:09 PM
So I finally caved when Newegg sent me a 40% off coupon. Disc only, but it's on it's way for $35, now that no one is probably playing anymore.

novicius
May 3rd, 2017, 04:06 AM
I've not been on XBL for two weeks simply because it's been nice out in the evenings finally. :cool:

I still greatly enjoy this title! :D :up:

lostnight
May 30th, 2017, 01:15 PM
Played some yesterday before the hockey game. Starting to learn it some more. Tried Rebel Radio, got murderized. I'll try that one again tonight, no NBA or NHL to watch, and a fridge full of beer.��

Kchrpm
July 21st, 2017, 08:07 AM
https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/21/16008498/ghost-recon-wildlands-4v4-multiplayer-ghost-war-beta-launch-date

Multiplayer on the way, beta coming in the summer, release in the fall.

Ghost War pits two groups of players against each other on wide-open maps inspired by Wildlands’ interpretation of Bolivia. What exactly the classes are isn’t known right now, but the trailer above shows some players with light or heavy weapons while others are focused on using the game’s drone technology to their advantage. All classes will have unlocks available, including upgrades and perks.

Where things start to get interesting is in the new systems Ubisoft Paris is working to include in the mode. There will be a sound system that marks locations on the maps where players detect a noise. Additionally, the team is adding a suppression mechanic. Now players will have more opportunity than ever to find their foes, fix them in place and move in to flank them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KE85LX_St8

Kchrpm
July 21st, 2017, 08:20 AM
They're also updating the helicopter physics, shooting and controls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u4aj4HGkTA

21Kid
July 21st, 2017, 09:42 AM
That's good. They were horrible. I should really finish this game. Not at all interested in PvP though.

Kchrpm
September 12th, 2017, 08:07 PM
Put several more hours into the game over the last few weeks, have definitely enjoyed it. Some notes:

1) The new helicopter controls are not perfect, but they're much improved, You can strafe!
2) Playing with AI instead of human players makes thing much easier. No missed sync shots, no having to wait before taking off in a vehicle, no having to tag every supply 4 times, no one squadmate with no/gimped radar, gear or armor/health for immersion reasons, and no worrying about them getting spotted (AI gunshots can be heard, but the characters themselves will not be seen by enemy AI).
3) The inability for the AI to land the chopper after you parachute out is annoying and limiting
4) The SAM sites in high level areas are still ridiculous. Why would they be shooting at their own helicopters? They have no reason to think they've been hijacked.
5) Driving still sucks. Basically unless you have just a large flat area between where you are and where you want to go, get a chopper or prepared to be bored/frustrated. Calling for a vehicle delivery would be a great solution, except they only want to seem to drop them on roads, so if your missions sticks you in the middle of a field you could still be a good minute or two of running from the vehicle you just requested to save yourselves 3 minutes of running.

21Kid
September 13th, 2017, 07:38 AM
re: 2) I don't know... being able to have one sneaky sneaky team mate (Ima Bush) go in and tag things, plant bombs, or take out individuals one at a time while others wait to cover you, or come in guns blazing is what I like best about this game. You just have to know that your friend is going to shoot on "ONE", instead of "Fire". Seriously. Who shoots on one Carlo?!? :lol:

I think it just takes patience. When Carlo and I were playing as Tag Team back again and had a plan, things went fairly smoothly. You just have to have a plan ahead of time and talk through it. Communication is 100% critical. And the fact that it doesn't alway go perfect, and you have to compromise, and change tactics on the fly is exhilarating.

But, I agree with almost everything else you said. :)

novicius
September 13th, 2017, 07:41 AM
Dammit, I want a three-beat not a four-beat! :angry:

So... "2-1-Shoot" then? :lol:

21Kid
September 13th, 2017, 09:06 AM
Whatever floats your goat. ;)

Kchrpm
September 13th, 2017, 04:07 PM
The PvP looks interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzBvSl56yL0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8Fvpv1QTTU

21Kid
September 14th, 2017, 09:45 AM
Hnmmm. I like that it's a lot more tactical than COD, BF, HALO, etc... I'd be the one flying the drone all day.

IMA BUSH

Kchrpm
September 19th, 2017, 11:46 AM
The PvP beta is available to preload, can be played in a day or two.

Kchrpm
September 21st, 2017, 09:42 AM
PvP open beta is up. Anyone want to give it a try tonight?

21Kid
September 22nd, 2017, 08:09 AM
Sorry... was busy. I think a lot of us that played Wildlands are just getting into D2. Otherwise I still like this game. I'll play either.

Kchrpm
September 22nd, 2017, 08:13 AM
The beta was borked anyway, lobbies were not forming correctly for many/most.

Kchrpm
September 23rd, 2017, 05:24 AM
They've got it working, and it is fun.

Phil_SS
December 13th, 2017, 04:20 PM
If it bleeds...we can kill it.

21Kid
December 14th, 2017, 07:49 AM
A few of my friends recently got PS4s. So, they all bought this game and we're playing through it from start - finish as a group. Should be fun! :up:

novicius
December 14th, 2017, 08:04 AM
Bushmaster! :cool: :up:

Phil_SS
December 18th, 2017, 12:30 PM
So you cooked up a story and dropped the four of us into a meat grinder.

novicius
December 18th, 2017, 12:31 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Phil_SS
December 19th, 2017, 05:20 AM
There's something out there waiting for us, and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die.

novicius
December 19th, 2017, 05:52 AM
A Predator-mod would be fun -- if you could set all sorts of snares, tripwires, blinds, bombs, trenches and hideouts.

It would be an inverse zombie game (one enemy AI vs hundreds). :up:

Phil_SS
December 19th, 2017, 06:00 AM
She says the jungle... it just came alive and took him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqPnApRn4dw

21Kid
December 19th, 2017, 12:13 PM
It's tough!!! We gave up after 4-5 attempts. :(

novicius
December 21st, 2017, 04:40 AM
Looks awesome tho'! :D

How do I apply the mud??

21Kid
December 21st, 2017, 06:48 AM
If you need to ask...

novicius
December 21st, 2017, 06:52 AM
:shocker:

Kchrpm
April 6th, 2018, 01:20 PM
There will be "substantial" PvE and PvP content added during year two of Wildlands.

They've shown a trailer for The first PvP mode and level being added, but I freaked out at this trailer for what I believe (hope?) to be the free PvE content update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3TibSpdbVE

Kchrpm
April 9th, 2018, 10:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRmQhlVQpLI

Phil_SS
April 10th, 2018, 08:46 AM
As cool as it is, I don't get it. Help me understand Keith......

Kchrpm
April 11th, 2018, 03:15 AM
They've added a new mission with three parts (you get rewarded separately for completing each part while a special event is going on, but they are not checkpoints).

1) Sam is in a room inside a Unidad base. Get to him without being noticed by or disturbing any enemies.
2) Cover Sam as he hacks a computer, AKA kill the bazillion Unidad enemies they throw at you. I haven't gotten past this part.
3) Safely extract with Sam. To where or how, I don't know.

You don't get any new gameplay capabilities, there's just a visual change: the Splinter Cell and other NVGs now have an animation pushing them up and down as you turn on/off vision modes.

animalica
April 15th, 2018, 04:37 AM
I bought the game at Steam as it was 67% off.
They should rename it to "Just Cause light: Wildlands" as it`s no GR title for me but it`s fun.

And the Splinter Cell Mission is hell.

Sneaking into the base is not a big problem but covering Sam Fisher`s ass while he is hacking!
And since I`m new to the game my character was weak and couldn`t take much damage.
So I had to go hunting for skill points at the mission begin to level up - luckily that part of my plan worked.

Killing and even knocking down people will fail the mission.
And pay attention to your team mates, that they don`t get spotted while waiting outside.
Once the first part of the mission is done, regroup.
The little tower on top of the building has one internal and one external staircase and is in the fireline of three snipers on the watchtowers.