PDA

View Full Version : I'm not creepy

Sad, little man
August 25th, 2015, 04:42 AM
Ok, so I've noticed that when you click on a user's profile on this board, it logs you as a visitor to their profile, and they can view the last however many visitors.

The thing is, I frequently browse this site on my phone (as I'm doing now.)

For some reason, quite often my phone registers a tap on a thread title as being a tap on the user below it who started the thread. So, I inadvertently click on a lot of peoples' profiles.

So, just so everyone knows, if I show up in your log, I'm not being a creeper and probing your GTXFRBBQ profile for your deep dark secrets, I just clicked on you by accident.

...At least that's my story. :eek:

G'day Mate
August 25th, 2015, 05:12 AM
:lol:

21Kid
August 25th, 2015, 05:35 AM
I didn't even realize that was a thing. I think I've looked at my profile twice since I joined here. Once when I set it up and another time to change my pic.

I should go see who's been creeping on me. :eek:

G'day Mate
August 25th, 2015, 05:42 AM
Every time someone changes their pic it takes me a while to remember them again. Everyone except Dicknose - he's cool.

overpowered
August 25th, 2015, 06:00 AM
The last 10 visitor(s) to this page were:
Dicknose, FaultyMario, G'day Mate, Mirage, MR2 Fan, novicius, Random, Sad, little man, The359, thesameguy
This page has had 2,909 visits

Sad, little man
August 25th, 2015, 06:42 AM
You're GTXF famous.

Sad, little man
August 25th, 2015, 06:44 AM
Even more famous than me!

2ndMoparMan, Dicknose, G'day Mate, Godson, Kchrpm, novicius, overpowered, TheBenior, thesameguy, Yw-slayer
This page has had 2,485 visits

I can't help but feel I've opened up a Pandora's box here. Now we all get to see everyone's secret admirers.

Actually, wait, what do we have, like 100 active members? How are we getting so damn many views? Man, we have been doing some creepin'.

tigeraid
August 25th, 2015, 07:52 AM
Well I for one am aroused.

Kchrpm
August 25th, 2015, 09:21 AM
Dicknose, Drachen596, G'day Mate, M4FFU, MR2 Fan, novicius, Random, Rikadyn, The359, thesameguy
This page has had 3,484 visits

Almost 3,500, damn. Chill out, guys, no flash photography!

Crazed_Insanity
August 25th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Of course I'm not very popular, only had last 7 visitors... :(

I won't name my secret admirers to implicate them... you're secrets are safe with me! :p

Still, even I have like more than 2000 visits. I can't believe those 7 creeps are clicking on my profile that many times. There must be a bug.

Kchrpm
August 25th, 2015, 09:35 AM
All the profile views might be search engines crawling the site.

Random
August 25th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Actually, wait, what do we have, like 100 active members? How are we getting so damn many views?

Bots.

overpowered
August 25th, 2015, 10:15 AM
If it's bots, the number of visits is probably related to the amount that people post.

Kchrpm
August 25th, 2015, 11:08 AM
That's what I guessed earlier, but I have significantly more pageviews than you, and you have significantly more posts than I do. Maybe I posts more images/links/keywords that are SEO-friendly.

#overanalysis

novicius
August 25th, 2015, 11:45 AM
I surf almost exclusively on my phone so yeah, I've inadvertently opened a lot of profile pages.

Oh and I want to bone everyone who posts here. :assclown:

Dicknose
August 25th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Ditto on the missed clicks for "last post" getting user profile.
As shown above, I've hit quite a few user profiles!
Fat fingers and small phone is not a good combo.

Rare White Ape
August 25th, 2015, 06:22 PM
Errrm, my mobile site looks like this:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5820/20886732005_a1b7e9dbec_o.jpg

If I click the blue buttons on the right it takes me to the first unread post. What am I doing wrong (or right) that causes me to miss clicking everyone's profile pages?

G'day Mate
August 25th, 2015, 07:25 PM
I don't like the mobile version so I have mine set to desktop view

overpowered
August 25th, 2015, 07:45 PM
That's what I guessed earlier, but I have significantly more pageviews than you, and you have significantly more posts than I do. Maybe I posts more images/links/keywords that are SEO-friendly.

#overanalysisYou also post in more threads than I do. I've got maybe 5-10 threads that I regularly post to. You've got a lot more than that and you create a lot more than I do.

Random
August 25th, 2015, 07:53 PM
3500+ visits for my profile.

3100 for our top poster, thesameguy.

*shrug*

sandydandy
August 26th, 2015, 02:48 AM
I don't like the mobile version so I have mine set to desktop view As of this thread I've just set mine to mobile version, (didn't know how to do it before), it was on desktop since the beginning. I'm glad I changed it cause it's difficult for me to browse through the forum properly on my phone. I have fat fingers too, and always have trouble pressing the little arrow to go to the last post. I always have to zoom in.

SkylineObsession
August 26th, 2015, 03:32 AM
The last 8 visitor(s) to this page were:
es nes, G'day Mate, GreatScawt, Random, sandydandy, SportWagon, The359, Yobbo NZ
This page has had 4,087 visits

I WIN!! Over 4,000 visits. :hard: