Cam
November 26th, 2015, 08:02 AM
I'm doing it. Who's going with me?

tigeraid
November 26th, 2015, 08:17 AM
Sunuva! That shit's on my bucket list. Heck of a trip though. :/

Random
November 26th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Random thought: are you closer to Goodwood than Laguna Seca?

Cam
November 26th, 2015, 09:53 AM
No.

SportWagon
November 26th, 2015, 09:55 AM
I think that's in the broom-closet where I keep my list-bucket. Have fun. One of those "unreal world" things. Boy I miss Speedvision.

Random
November 26th, 2015, 11:52 AM
No.

Should have specified who I was talking to. :p. Tigeraid, in this case. :)

tigeraid
November 26th, 2015, 11:57 AM
Should have specified who I was talking to. :p. Tigeraid, in this case. :)

By roughly a thousand miles, no. ;)

thesameguy
November 26th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Man, I like what you're saying. Any commentary on how early you have to plan for it? Like, if I couldn't commit until February, would that be an issue? Because at this moment I think I could swing it.

Cam
November 26th, 2015, 07:43 PM
I dunno, but the web site says that current dates are tentative until Dec. 31.

thesameguy
November 26th, 2015, 08:59 PM
I really have no idea how ticketing and such work - when I read the site last month I ran out of steam at the ticket+accommodation prices because I didn't know what I am looking for. I am really interested in doing it, but vacation is always tough to swing for me and something this, um, inflexible typically requires some last minute planning. But, seriously, I really wann do it.

Random
November 26th, 2015, 10:09 PM
By roughly a thousand miles, no. ;)

*looks at location* Derp, for some reason I thought you were much further east. Nevermiiiind! :)

tigeraid
November 27th, 2015, 06:37 AM
*looks at location* Derp, for some reason I thought you were much further east. Nevermiiiind! :)

London is on the same latitude as the Northern California border. ;)

Kchrpm
November 27th, 2015, 09:55 PM
I get what he was going for, if you're out in Newfoundland or even just Nova Scotia, you're closer to Goodwood (2868 miles to Halifax) than Laguna Seca (3035 miles to Halifax).

samoht
November 28th, 2015, 01:35 AM
Man, I like what you're saying. Any commentary on how early you have to plan for it? Like, if I couldn't commit until February, would that be an issue? Because at this moment I think I could swing it.

If you're talking about the FoS tickets themselves, this year I bought my Saturday general admission ticket right at the start of May; they were getting scarce at that point. So I would have thought Feb would be fine.

“Full throttle - the endless pursuit of power” - 23rd-26th June (provisionally)

I'm fairly keen to go next year, if some of you guys are coming over that will increase my motivation :-)

Cam
November 28th, 2015, 05:10 AM
Well, tigeraid does live in London. :D

thesameguy
November 28th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Good to know tix are available up towards the end... Things like BM and Coachella have me on this "buy a yea lr in advance" fear. I should know by mid Dec or mid Jan at the latest if this is doable. I really think it is.

thesameguy
December 1st, 2015, 12:31 PM
I am currently eyeballing being there between 6/21 and 6/29, or 6/21 and 7/5. Depends on getting that vacation time allocated *and* dog care. I'll wait til the end of the year and FoS date confirmation before doing anything, but that's what I think right now. SFO to Heathrow is a direct flight followed by a short drive. :up:

thesameguy
December 14th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Because my sister is, well, many things, my ability to participate in this looking poor at best. Bah.

Cam
January 3rd, 2016, 12:18 PM
Flight booked. :)

IMOA
January 3rd, 2016, 12:29 PM
I'm booked for revival this year, for those doing FOS make sure you get tickets for two days and get grandstand tickets for one of those days.

Mr Wonder
February 18th, 2016, 08:39 AM
for those doing FOS make sure you get tickets for two days and get grandstand tickets for one of those days.
This cannot be over stated. I've done two days for the last four or five years and still don't see everything.

I will be going again this year, not sure which days yet though.

Cam
May 27th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Only four weeks away.

M4FFU
June 7th, 2016, 05:30 AM
Are you doing anything else UK based? Pretty full-on just coming here for goodwood! :D

Cam
June 7th, 2016, 06:20 AM
Lori got me a flight with frequent flier points. :D I'll be hanging with R&T for the week. I expect we will take a gander around the countryside. :)