PDA

View Full Version : Forza 6: 2:4 (hours:races) of LeMans

Kchrpm
May 17th, 2016, 09:20 AM
The new content update has some features that should make endurance racing even better. Is there interest in doing a 4-part LeMans endurance race?

Brainstorming so far:
- 4 separate races, day/rain/night/day
- Each race is __ laps (I need to check how many laps it would take to go 30 minutes)
- All R-Class Modern GT cars and modifications/setups eligible up to 880 PI (the Modern GT league has shown me that this equalizes the performance of all the cars)
- Quick Stop (mandatory pit stop), Rolling Start, and Cosmetic Damage w/Fuel Use and Tire Wear
- Potential: AI to fill out the race

I'm not exactly sure how to handle tying progress together, other than just assigning points and treating it like a 4-race series. Then we could do it over the course of a weekend or a two weeks or something.

Any interest?

Phil_SS
May 17th, 2016, 12:06 PM
Sounds good. :up:

Gotta have rain in there as well.

Tom Servo
May 17th, 2016, 12:22 PM
Definitely interested, and this time I'll try to actually show up on the right day.

Kchrpm
May 17th, 2016, 01:40 PM
Can you actually have rain at LeMans? I'll have to check once the game is done updating.

Kchrpm
May 17th, 2016, 04:35 PM
Yep, there's rain! And I remembered that the Modern GT leagues had a restriction of up to 880 PI, so added that as well.

Edit: LeMans in the rain is a bit of a swimming pool, so we'll probably do a shorter stint there than and make up for it with the night stint.

Kchrpm
May 17th, 2016, 05:03 PM
Looks like fuel consumption is about 17% per lap with the Vette.

racerfink
May 17th, 2016, 07:42 PM
As long as I'm home that weekend(s)!

Cam
May 18th, 2016, 09:53 AM

Kchrpm
May 19th, 2016, 06:39 AM
Balancing may be difficult at LeMans, since top speed plays such a major role and is difficult to balance for in-game from what little I've seen mentioned on reddit. Who shall submit themselves for testing?!

Phil_SS
May 20th, 2016, 06:12 AM
I'm sure I'll be up for testing.

BTW, here's hoping that they add the Ford GT LM GTE with next month's pack. Would seem appropriate.

Kchrpm
May 22nd, 2016, 09:01 AM
Agreed.

Just did a 5-lapper against the AI, the Vette was chewing up about 8% of the front tires per lap, and 16% of its fuel tank, lapping around 4 minutes, plus or minus a second or two.

The race starts at 3 pm local time, the sun sets around 10 pm, then rises again at 6 am, and then the race finishes at 3 pm. Let's aim for 1/10th the race distance, so 42 minutes, 48 minutes and 54 minutes. Since we want to include rain, we can stick that between the night and next day session, eat up 6 minutes of both (from my experience, 12 minutes of swimming at LeMans will be more than enough). Rounding for 4-4:15 minute lap times:

10 laps day (1 stop)
10 laps night (1 stop)
3 laps rain (0 stops)
12 laps day (2 stops)

What works better for people, 3+ hours on one day/evening? Two separate days in the same week? Weekend?

Do we even have enough interested people to make this worthwhile? I think that's the far more important question, and I think the answer is no.

Tom Servo
May 22nd, 2016, 05:08 PM
I'm in...and it'd probably work out better for me to do it over two separate days.

jimeez
May 22nd, 2016, 08:25 PM
what day and time are you looking at? I might be able to run.

SkylineObsession
May 22nd, 2016, 08:54 PM
I could join yas, but i'm not great with handling racecars (cosmetic damage helps tho) and i wouldn't do well consistency wise. :(

Kchrpm
May 23rd, 2016, 04:02 AM
I am free any night of the week and all day on weekends, so the availability of others will decide the schedule.

Wednesday & Thursday night EST?
Friday night and Saturday afternoon?
Saturday and Sunday morning?
Something else?

Tom Servo
May 23rd, 2016, 08:30 AM
Saturday and Sunday morning would work best for me, since I tend to be up early and have the TV to myself for a few hours. Otherwise, Tuesday night is best for me since Michele's out that evening, but any night other than tonight (Monday) works.

As usual, I tend to be home about 6pm PDT.

Freude am Fahren
May 24th, 2016, 08:10 AM
What week are we talking about. My availability changes all the time. Looking over the next couple weeks, I'm available the rest of this week's weeknights (later, like 8 at the earliest), but then I'm working nights all next week. I'm back to weeknight availability after that. (and off all day next Sunday).

Kchrpm
May 24th, 2016, 11:43 AM
How about next weekend, June 4th and 5th? Two stints each morning.

jimeez
May 24th, 2016, 06:26 PM
so far so good

Tom Servo
May 24th, 2016, 06:30 PM
Depends on how early. I have a thing on Sunday, but it doesn't start until 9. If we start at like 6 PDT, that should work out nicely.

Kchrpm
May 25th, 2016, 03:55 AM
6 AM PDT / 9 AM EST ? Thoughts?

Tom Servo
May 25th, 2016, 04:08 AM
Should work for me.

Tom Servo
May 27th, 2016, 03:01 PM
Guessing I should not be signing in at 6AM tomorrow?

Kchrpm
May 27th, 2016, 06:01 PM
You can if you want, for practice :)

Kchrpm
May 27th, 2016, 06:19 PM
The Modern GT league is coming back Sunday, and going until June 12th. Plenty of opportunity to get familiar with your car and then take advantage of it :up:

racerfink
May 29th, 2016, 09:24 PM
Sorry, I was in Watkins Glen racing this weekend. 😎 I'll be available for testing all this week.

Tom Servo
May 31st, 2016, 06:59 AM
My XBox One has once again decided that XBox Live doesn't work. I'm connected, network and multiplayer tests work fine, NAT is open, but it just will not connect to XBL. Guess I'll give support a shot again.

Kchrpm
June 7th, 2016, 01:26 PM
Someone on reddit is going to host an open lobby for a 2 hour multiclass race on Thursday night. First come first serve in the lobby. Should be fun, perhaps a warm up (or let's be honest, replacement). Also, the Ford GT LM car making it in the game should spice things up.

Edit: Nevermind, it's 3 PM EST. DARN YOU TIMEZONES etc.

Kchrpm
June 10th, 2016, 02:25 PM
Ok, so who is still available interested for the first of these tomorrow?

Tom Servo
June 15th, 2016, 09:31 AM
Huh, dunno why the forum told me that I hadn't seen this message. I guess it's a little late to answer on that.

I just got a new router and am hoping that will cure my connectivity issues. So far, so good, I've been able to participate in the GTLM league. Hopefully this means any future events will not see me sitting there, sad that I can't connect.