mk
December 31st, 2016, 08:30 AM
Today the day was 5h5min.

Yw-slayer
December 31st, 2016, 08:43 AM
Ooohhhh yyeeeaahhhh

dodint
December 31st, 2016, 09:30 AM
2016 was awesome for me. Might not top it in terms of good fortune for a single year, ever. Willing to give it a shot though.

Cam
December 31st, 2016, 09:46 AM
2016 has been good to me. Wife is doing amazing in her career. I finished my degree. Alaska trip was hard, but awesome. Went to Goodwood. Been working on a high-profile TV series. Ordered a new car. The only black mark was having a falling out with Rob and I know some of you would not consider that a big deal. :(

drew
December 31st, 2016, 10:23 AM
2016 was "meh", spent 8 months unemployed (and starting 2017 in the same boat).

High points (on the contrary):

Sold my house in Indiana.

Got to have a beer with Cam, twice :up:

Beyond that, fuck 2016 :)

SkylineObsession
December 31st, 2016, 01:59 PM
- yet again numerous health issues, some putting me off work for a while and some still ongoing (dizziness, been off work for over a month now - aside from the past three days, but it's back already...)
- dad was involved in two car crashes, writing off his car both times (crashed the Ford Falcon on an icy motorway, and got t-boned by a speeding driver 3 months later writing off their new immaculate Ford Escape - his first accidents in over 40 years of driving)
- ongoing changes at work making the place not as great to work for anymore. Sentiments shared by everyone now, even people who i've never heard complain before. Time to look for a new job this year i think...

+ youngest brother surprised us all by asking if he could come around on Christmas Day at our family gathering - i was one of the last to see him, and that was five years or so ago when he stopped talking to us all (cos of Facebook/misinterpreted messages etc). Dad said it was the best xmas he's had in years cos of that.
+ Got the house tidied up even more, and got rid of a little of that and some scrap the previous owners left - still more to go, so will try not to be so lazy this year.

Can't think of much else, think i have alzheimers. ;)

Rare White Ape
December 31st, 2016, 02:24 PM
At the start of December I was encouraged by various higher-ups to apply for a warehouse manager job that was coming available. It's the first time I've ever been offered something like that!

That position officially became available on Friday when the current manager, who had been off with an injury since October, had to resign. I had been filling in at that warehouse doing an extra shift a week alongside my normal full-time job in a different location to cover for their staffing shortfall leading up to Christmas.

I spent the last few weeks of 2016 mentally weighing-up the pros and cons of moving to the other warehouse and taking the manager role.

The first thing I do in 2017 will be to turn down that role, because the increased travel time, the responsibility, the added stress is not worth what will turn out to be only a $2K pay increase per year. The job I already have is so good, simple as that.

It's very liberating!

MR2 Fan
December 31st, 2016, 02:47 PM
I've had a very good 2016. I met the girl of my dreams just before the year started and now I'm engaged with a marriage set for sometime in 2017. I've waited a long time for someone to feel about me the way I feel about someone else and FINALLY it has happened.

speedpimp
December 31st, 2016, 03:58 PM
2016:
1. Great year at work.
2. Lost another 45 lbs.

novicius
December 31st, 2016, 04:06 PM
2016 was financially very good for us -- but since that's not a priority to me, 2016 was fucking horrible.

While we're at, fuck 2017 too. :finger: #preemptive #happynewyear

speedpimp
December 31st, 2016, 04:14 PM
Heh.

Cam
December 31st, 2016, 05:09 PM
2. Lost another 45 lbs.
Sweet moves! :up:

JoshInKC
December 31st, 2016, 05:20 PM
2016 was a year. It was mostly writing, digging, and teaching. Losing Bowie at the beginning cast a pall over the whole thing, but I got a couple of good publications out the door and dug some nice square holes that mostly had interesting things in them.
Politics-wise, it was a huge bummer, but I guess it means I'm more likely to get to punch nazis in the new year. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Tom Servo
December 31st, 2016, 07:07 PM
2016 was a big up and down year. Bought a house, lost a pet. The project I'd worked on for two years got shitcanned, but I was the only person from the team that kept his job. Current job is shitty, but stable. We lost another GTXer, one I will also kick myself for never having met, especially given that he lived so close to my parents who still live in my childhood home. My wife move into management, and my sister became chair of the math department at Cal Poly. When I break things down, I'm unclear why I just don't feel all that happy at the end of this year, I have plenty of reasons to be.

As usual, we're doing NYE as a pretty low key affair since we often can't stay up for midnight these days anyway. The rain has finished for today, so I've got the grill firing up right now. We have a couple of prime filets all ready for a nice rare sear and some potatoes ready to be turned into ultra-garlicky mashed potatoes. We'll have dinner, watch something stupid on TV, go to sleep, and hope that 2017 will be a better year.

FaultyMario
December 31st, 2016, 07:24 PM
I see what you did there Mr. Archaeologist.

dodint
December 31st, 2016, 07:25 PM
I've had a very good 2016. I met the girl of my dreams just before the year started and now I'm engaged with a marriage set for sometime in 2017. I've waited a long time for someone to feel about me the way I feel about someone else and FINALLY it has happened.

Threadwin. :up:

Dicknose
January 1st, 2017, 12:46 AM
Good year for me, certainly a big change.
Stopped working, bought a cool car, lost 45kg/100lbs and feeling great.
Ended the year getting a job - beach volleyball coach! Tough life.

Definitely the most interesting year in a long long time.
A great year after coming off a tough 2015.

Yw-slayer
January 1st, 2017, 02:40 AM
Good year for me, certainly a big change.
Stopped working, bought a cool car, lost 45kg/100lbs and feeling great.
Ended the year getting a job - beach volleyball coach! Tough life.

Damn - WTF? So now you're a full-time Beach Volleyball Coach?! Congrats mate!

drew
January 1st, 2017, 03:40 AM
:up:

Jason
January 1st, 2017, 06:39 AM
- Doing well with work, still plateaued as far as career, but my employers are taking care of me with raises here and there
- Hung out with a couple GTXFers
- Traveled to Los Angeles, San Diego, Seattle, Portland, Asheville, Iceland, Scotland, 'the sticks' surrounding said areas
- Loads of model photography
- Bought a new TV

:down:
- Some of my travel had way too much drama associated with it, dulling the enjoyment of the experiences, and my excitement about future travel
- Haven't been exercising as much as I want to due to depression
- Haven't had a date in over half a year
- Local friends have zero time for me

On paper it was a good year, but it certainly didn't feel that way.

Yw-slayer
January 1st, 2017, 07:13 AM
- Haven't been exercising as much as I want to due to depression
- Haven't had a date in over half a year
- Local friends have zero time for me

Take care mate, hope things get better soon.

Godson
January 1st, 2017, 11:29 AM
I will only talk about the positive.

I was able to find out how much my friends and family actually care about me.

mk
January 1st, 2017, 11:43 AM
Your friends are propably waiting for the party of a decade next summer and you doing a pole dance.
http://www.oonak.com/

Godson
January 1st, 2017, 02:41 PM
Working on it. :)

drew
January 1st, 2017, 03:06 PM
Amen brother. :up:

Tom Servo
January 1st, 2017, 03:26 PM
I forgot to put "Jason came to visit" as a highlight. It was both great to see him and he's about the lowest-stress house guest you could ever possibly imagine. Was great to see you again after all the years.

Oh, and I got to see Bryan driving the GT-R at Long Beach, that was pretty damn cool.

TheBenior
January 1st, 2017, 07:57 PM
Wife and I had a daughter, who's coming up on a year now.

Joined the Illinois Ducati club after Tyler told me about them, did one ride with them, and attended several meets.

I again increased my base pay by about 25% through overtime and extra shifts, which is good and bad.

IMOA
January 1st, 2017, 08:17 PM
Another excellent year for me

Automotive bucket list - ticked off spa f1, bonneville speedweek, Monterey car week, Isle of Man bikes, goodwood revival, driving Wales and Scotland and spending a week tearing five shades of hell out of the GT4 in the best driving destination in the world, Tasmania.

Travel - only spent about 9 weeks in Sydney. First time visits to Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Isle of Man, Wales, Scotland and Turkey. Multiple trips to Thailand, Belgium, Japan, England, New Zealand with single visits to Hong Kong, USA, France and Malaysia. Not sure how long I could carry that load but it was brilliant fun.

Health is still improving, weight is down (not as much as DN, bloody hell, awesome job), went the year without smoking and I'm generally in better physical and mental health. Work is good, still got pretty close to the perfect job but I'm going to have to have another fight in 2017 to keep it perfect.

Biggest change in 2016 is new girlfriend. Seeing someone now who makes me incredibly happy and for the first time in a long time I'm making real changes in my life to put a girlfriend first. There's some challenges here as we're based in different countries but at least both of our jobs allow a certain degree of flexibility in this regard so we'll see how that pans out.

So, awesome year, I'll need some work in 2017 to keep it all perfect but right now it really is a case of living the dream.

Jason
January 2nd, 2017, 04:46 AM
I forgot to put "Jason came to visit" as a highlight. It was both great to see him and he's about the lowest-stress house guest you could ever possibly imagine. Was great to see you again after all the years.

Oh, and I got to see Bryan driving the GT-R at Long Beach, that was pretty damn cool.

Next time I'm smearing feces all over your guest room :P

drew
January 2nd, 2017, 05:39 AM
Upper decker!

Dicknose
January 2nd, 2017, 08:47 AM
Oh and twice I managed to see IMOA. It had been a while!
Hard when he is not here often. Must catch up for lunch if you are in the office (which is about 15 min walk from my place)
Hmm must catch up with Trev, that's been a few years.

Need to see if I can meet some more members in 2017!
Who is up for a party around August as I'm hoping to be in USA for the eclipse.

Crazed_Insanity
January 2nd, 2017, 09:53 AM
My year finished off lousy because one of our cats has a rare genetic floating knee cap issue. Had surgery Last Friday and currently at home recovering...

Otherwise it's been a relative boring year... I guess boring is always better than going to hospitals...

The only highlight for me this year would be friend letting me drive his 458! That's one thing off of my bucket list!

Anyway, wish you all a wonderful 2017.

Tom Servo
January 2nd, 2017, 11:40 AM
Poor kitty. We had one develop this massive cyst on the side of her neck. We thought it was a tumor, but the vet confirmed that it's a benign cyst. Glad that it's benign, but she clearly isn't pleased that it's there.

Crazed_Insanity
January 2nd, 2017, 12:27 PM
Yeah, good to hear it's benign... We lost a cat due to tumor few years back... That was the worst year ever!

But of course whenever they're healthy and purring, every boring year can be the best year ever! ;)

Phil_SS
January 2nd, 2017, 01:48 PM
Had a decent 2016 but here's to a better year in 2017. Hopefully I'll get to see more friends this year, especially GTXers.

Rare White Ape
January 2nd, 2017, 05:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8c-B3PkAdM

Jason
January 2nd, 2017, 05:50 PM
Jesus :lol:

Tom Servo
January 2nd, 2017, 06:15 PM
More background? That honestly looks like when The Soup would have the crew come on stage and they'd just mock Joel McHale.

Random
January 2nd, 2017, 07:38 PM
Who is up for a party around August as I'm hoping to be in USA for the eclipse.

We may head north to check it out...which end of the US were you planning to be at?

Rare White Ape
January 2nd, 2017, 07:45 PM
More background?

It's one of those youth-oriented extra digital channels that nobody watches. As I type this it's broadcasting a re-run of Becker and up next is a back-to-back double showing of Everybody Loves Raymond. Tonight's movie is Tropic Thunder.

dodint
January 2nd, 2017, 08:09 PM
Had a decent 2016 but here's to a better year in 2017. Hopefully I'll get to see more friends this year, especially GTXers.

Sup? ;)

Seriously though, now that the new year has come and gone and I'll start to settle into my routine. Would be great to see the three of you.

dodint
January 2nd, 2017, 08:15 PM
We may head north to check it out...which end of the US were you planning to be at?

I will be in St. Paul that day. How north were you thinking?

Random
January 2nd, 2017, 08:32 PM
Northern Oregon. Maybe Idaho if we feel like really road-trippin' it.

http://www.space.com/images/i/000/057/652/original/solar-eclipse-2017-usa.jpg

Leon
January 2nd, 2017, 08:37 PM
Mostly lowlights for me in 2016, pretty much all of them involving my workplace, and the level of stress therein.

I've been racing a lot this year, as I've got the Corolla for gravel bashing, and either the Altezz8 or the 86 for tarmac stuff.

The Altezz8 has been a bit of a money pit, due to upgrading parts to make it more suitable for competition use (new clutch & flywheel, new suspension, replaced brake parts), along with a few things conking out on it (some suspension joints, a fuel pump, and then a thermostat).

I've not seen anything realistic I'd like on workplace opportunities, so I'm contemplating chucking the office job in, and buying a Prius to go Ubering, whilst I wait for another suitable job to turn up (or if the money is reasonable, just keep on Ubering and doing all the gym classes I can do without dying).

Rare White Ape
January 3rd, 2017, 12:26 AM
Being an Uber driver in Oz used to be fairly lucrative. You could top $1000 a week full time driving, which would have been OK if you had to buy a car, but great if you already owned the car. But during 2016 they reduced fares by 20%, which meant a relative reduction in the share given to the driver, and while still above minimum wage for a full timer it wasn't as attractive to potential drivers. All it has done is turn away casual drivers, which are their bread and butter on weekends.

So I think for it to work nowadays you have to go full time with a car you already own 100%, do it on weekend nights, know where the hotspots are going to be before they come up, and have your insurances (damage and income protection) sorted out. But the flipside is you can work whenever you want, so if you feel like a 2-hour lunch break, then have one.

drew
January 3rd, 2017, 03:14 AM
Steph left her wallet in an Uber a couple weeks ago. The Driver brought the wallet back the next evening. Someone used her bank card within 2 hours of our drop-off.

Fuck Uber.

Rare White Ape
January 3rd, 2017, 03:17 AM
'Someone'?

I hope it wasn't a huge amount lost.

drew
January 3rd, 2017, 05:13 AM
It was $30 at a gas station. While we have no proof, and it's pure speculation, we have an "idea" of whom that was. We tipped the guy above and beyond as well (which I don't think you're necessarily supposed to do).

I should also point out, that the charge was rejected (she called the bank immediately), and it was only the one questionable $30 charge. We could go full gestapo and file an actual complaint, and try to get the address/camera footage from the station, but that'd be over the top for $30. If we had money to burn, and were vindictive assholes, maybe...

But yeah, fuck Uber.

dodint
January 3rd, 2017, 05:22 AM
But yeah, fuck Uber.

Eh, if she's going to be so careless, get her one of these:

http://www.leatherlollipop.com/prod_images_blowup/AL3201_Tri_Fold_Chain_Wallet,_Leather_Wallet.jpg

drew
January 3rd, 2017, 06:09 AM
She had a purse and wallet. I honestly don't know how she took it out of her purse, paid the driver a tip, and it didn't make it back into her purse. He said he found it between the seat and side wall.

Shrug.

Tom Servo
January 3rd, 2017, 06:45 AM
Recently saw Uber advertising that you could buy a car *through* them. No money down, then they just take your (presumably exorbitant) monthly payments out of your Uber earnings.

But for real, they're not an employer, just a way for the average person to make a few extra bucks.

Random
January 3rd, 2017, 07:12 AM
http://www.carriagenissan.com/nissan-partners-with-uber-to-connect-uber-drivers-with-new-cars/

Random
January 3rd, 2017, 07:19 AM
On topic (what?!): Reasonable year for us. Kids are healthy and doing well in school/life. I got promoted in November, which was neat. Mapper still working part time. Went to my first Solo Nationals, which was very cool. Met one more GTFXBBQer there: JimR (my count is up to 122, Drew).

drew
January 3rd, 2017, 10:11 AM
:p

I've honestly lost track at this point. :)

I've long since lost my list (that was last updated 2005 anyway).

21Kid
January 3rd, 2017, 12:07 PM
2016 was okay for me personally. I had to deal with my wife being gone for 3 months (she's away again this week). Kids are doing good in school and health-wise. My son watched the Cubs win the world series, which I could care less about, but is one of those once-in-a-lifetime things. Job is still going good. I hope to transition to working remotely in 2017, once Shannon finds out where she will get a residency. All of my team work remotely anyway, so it should be okay... I hope.

Some things sucked in '16 though. Lost my step-father to cancer. Lost another GTXer. Trump won the presidency.

I look forward to '17, and finding out where we're headed. It should be an exciting new chapter.

Kchrpm
January 3rd, 2017, 12:18 PM
Some things sucked in '16 though. Lost my step-father to cancer. Lost another GTXer. Trump won the presidency. Couldn't convince Keith to buy the orange foreclosure.

FTFY

Fingers crossed for Hawaii!

21Kid
January 3rd, 2017, 12:40 PM
Hah! That's your loss, not mine. ;)

My fingers are crossed for HI too. 2nd would probably be SoCal... maybe Chicago-land, if we have to. She hasn't gotten an interview in Denver yet. :( And interview season is almost over.

Kchrpm
January 3rd, 2017, 12:54 PM
Hah! That's your loss, not mine. ;)
Lies, you wanted to come over and watch movies.

MR2 Fan
January 3rd, 2017, 02:08 PM
New year starting out less than great.

I've owned several cars...3 of them had been hit or had damage somehow while parked (all in different parking areas mind you, not the same one)....now that's been raised to 4 of them....I found a couple of big dents on my FR-S today :mad: I haven't taken pics of the damage yet, but not sure how it happened. I don't think it would help to file a claim at this point, too much cost/paperwork

Crazed_Insanity
January 3rd, 2017, 02:47 PM
I've had several too. From small door dings to some asshole backed into me s2k trunk lid in my work parking lot... Without leaving me a note!!!

Times like that you wish all cars are made by Saturn... Too bad plastic panels never caught on...

balki
January 4th, 2017, 04:03 AM
Why is that? Were they too expensive to manufacture or paint?

Kchrpm
January 4th, 2017, 06:07 AM
I would guess it's more the stigma of people not wanting a plastic car, or not feeling safe in one.

Also possible that the ding/dent resistance wasn't as good as expected, but I've no clue on that.

MR2 Fan
January 4th, 2017, 06:12 AM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p280x280/15895242_10155245988231874_4096518775423297680_n.j pg?oh=101d462c7c03949a336c3f69abefa386&oe=591C820F

21Kid
January 4th, 2017, 06:16 AM
Damn... :(

novicius
January 4th, 2017, 06:23 AM
I found a couple of big dents on my FR-S today :mad: I haven't taken pics of the damage yet, but not sure how it happened. I don't think it would help to file a claim at this point, too much cost/paperwork
Uh so you're just gonna drive around like that from now on?? That shit would drive me I N S A N E . :angry:

Tom Servo
January 4th, 2017, 06:58 AM
I would guess it's more the stigma of people not wanting a plastic car, or not feeling safe in one.

Also possible that the ding/dent resistance wasn't as good as expected, but I've no clue on that.

My memory of them is that they tended to crack rather than dent, which generally looked worse than a ding in the bodywork. Then again, I also am pretty sure it took a significantly bigger hit to get that crack going than it took to put a ding in the bodywork.

MR2 Fan
January 4th, 2017, 07:11 AM
Uh so you're just gonna drive around like that from now on?? That shit would drive me I N S A N E . :angry:

No, I'm going to get it fixed, but I don't want to go through insurance because A.) the deductible would not be worth it B.) it would go on my record most likely

I am going to double check,but I believe that is the case. I've got a high deductible currently.

Honestly, I think most of it can be fixed with just a bit of paintless dent removal....at least I'm hoping

Edit: The worst part is that I was literally 2 days before considering selling it to get a bigger car for me and my fiancee when she moves here. My formerly pristine car is now f-ed

balki
January 4th, 2017, 07:30 AM
Well, they've held their value really well (unless you paid something like $5-10k above sticker price).

MR2 Fan
January 4th, 2017, 09:19 AM
Well, they've held their value really well (unless you paid something like $5-10k above sticker price).

I bought it used for $19K, but I had some negative equity on my trade-in, so my payoff is $23K, still not bad if it was in good shape, I could even try to sell it for $20-21K

It's a 2014 with only 18,000 miles

Crazed_Insanity
January 4th, 2017, 09:20 AM
My memory of them is that they tended to crack rather than dent, which generally looked worse than a ding in the bodywork. Then again, I also am pretty sure it took a significantly bigger hit to get that crack going than it took to put a ding in the bodywork.

Really? I've never seen a cracked Saturn though. Plus, even if it's cracked or damaged, they should be able to be easily replaced? I suspect the issue might be durability. I don't ever recall seeing an old shiny Saturn...

Anyway, MR2dude, that damage looks pretty bad. Unless you have a trusted bodyshop guy who can fix it for you cheap(hundreds), I'd suspect a reputable shop might quote you perhaps thousands to get it properly back to its pristine condition.

novicius
January 4th, 2017, 09:32 AM
I bought it used for $19K, but I had some negative equity on my trade-in, so my payoff is $23K, still not bad if it was in good shape, I could even try to sell it for $20-21K

It's a 2014 with only 18,000 miles

It's basically a flip at this point -- and a flip is gonna be another negative equity money-loser back-to-back, unfortunately. :(

Do you have high deductible collision insurance? Because that's more than $1,000 USD in damage, IMO.

MR2 Fan
January 4th, 2017, 09:52 AM
It's basically a flip at this point -- and a flip is gonna be another negative equity money-loser back-to-back, unfortunately. :(

Do you have high deductible collision insurance? Because that's more than $1,000 USD in damage, IMO.

I think mine is $500.

Anyway, I still can't figure out how it happened, the tire didn't seem damaged at all and the way it looks is odd.

novicius
January 4th, 2017, 09:55 AM
Get a quote if you like but I'd make a claim. #shrug

Do you park on the street? Looks like someone backed straight into you, all perpendicular-like. Neighbor?

JoshInKC
January 4th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Yeah, its kind of hard to tell, but it looks backing-up related to me. Something with a highish bumper like an suv? or a truck with the tailgate down?

Kchrpm
January 4th, 2017, 10:47 AM
I think Colossus twerked into it.

MR2 Fan
January 4th, 2017, 10:55 AM
Get a quote if you like but I'd make a claim. #shrug

Do you park on the street? Looks like someone backed straight into you, all perpendicular-like. Neighbor?

I don't park in the street, but at work, our parking lot is overflowing daily, so I have to park in another lot. I usually park a few spaces away, you know, to make sure no one HITS MY CAR, it worked out well apparently.

drew
January 4th, 2017, 12:56 PM
When I took Trev back to the airport (2001, jesus!), I parked my Integra 4 empty rows from anything. We came out, and sure enough, there's a white something (can't remember) parked next to it, and a nice, new white ding in the back fender (red car).

There was literally no other car within 50 feet in any direction, except this fuckhole.

I let my anger get the better of me, and mule-kicked the fucker's driver's door (like, really bad).

Wasn't particularly proud of it afterward, but, fuck that asshole.

TheBenior
January 4th, 2017, 02:43 PM

I'm inclined to agree, though if the paint is a cheap one, it might squeak under $1,000. It sure won't be a PDR job with that metal crease.

Jason
January 4th, 2017, 03:19 PM
Northern Oregon. Maybe Idaho if we feel like really road-trippin' it.

http://www.space.com/images/i/000/057/652/original/solar-eclipse-2017-usa.jpg

Full blown eclipse in Yellowstone :o

(or grand teton)

Yw-slayer
January 4th, 2017, 05:51 PM
Why do you need a bigger car? An FR-S is more than large enough for a family of 2.

Crazed_Insanity
January 4th, 2017, 07:00 PM
Obviously they have plans to expand!!! ;)

Rare White Ape
January 4th, 2017, 11:49 PM
Full blown eclipse in Yellowstone :o

(or grand teton)

Oh man that would be a spectacular sight.

But...

There are going to be so many fucking film maker cunts there clogging up the place for timelapse footage to put in their Vimeo portfolios.

drew
January 5th, 2017, 05:33 AM
Oh man that would be a spectacular sight.

But...

There are going to be so many fucking wanna be film maker cunts there clogging up the place for timelapse footage to put in their Vimeo portfolios.

Editorialized. It's like the twats at Starbucks "writing".

Please, fuck off.

Cam
January 5th, 2017, 05:55 AM
I like to make films. :(

For those that have not noticed, the eclipse line on that map goes directly through Columbia, SC. Eclipse party? :D

Kchrpm
January 5th, 2017, 05:58 AM
It also seems to go right over the Corvette Museum.

MR2 Fan
January 5th, 2017, 06:06 AM
Why do you need a bigger car? An FR-S is more than large enough for a family of 2.

I've had a few problems with cargo lately, and I also want something less expensive for now

drew
January 5th, 2017, 06:22 AM

For those that have not noticed, the eclipse line on that map goes directly through Columbia, SC. Eclipse party? :D

But, you're cool :up:

I would happily have a beer while you film in SC :)

Yw-slayer
January 5th, 2017, 07:31 AM
I've had a few problems with cargo lately, and I also want something less expensive for now

Understood.

21Kid
January 5th, 2017, 08:10 AM

What happens during the eclipse, stays in the eclipse. :shocker:

I don't know if I could swing that so soon after we plan on moving. But, I'd love to get together at some point. Isn't it going to be like 294857 degrees there in August though. :o

Yellowstone would be cool too. I'm sure it's big enough that it wouldn't get crowded. :lol:

Jason
January 5th, 2017, 08:16 AM
It'd be really fucking awesome to have a GTX party during the eclipse. Well, as long as you assholes don't do something to mess up Cam's hipster videos, and my hipster pictures. :x

Edit: it occurs to me, I have zero idea on how one sets up to shoot such an event

drew
January 5th, 2017, 08:20 AM
Jason, I'm sure the answer is "dollars" :finger:

If sets up/fixes everything.

21Kid
January 5th, 2017, 08:41 AM
As long as you don't mind everyone being in the videos... :finger:

Also. Drinking.

Cam
January 5th, 2017, 08:53 AM
The videos would probably end up looking something like these:

http://cameronporter.net/videos/chicago09.wmv
http://cameronporter.net/videos/pikespeak09.wmv
http://cameronporter.net/videos/pikespeak2010.wmv

21Kid
January 5th, 2017, 09:01 AM
I think I have one of those on a DVD. :lol:

drew
January 5th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Fucking hell.

Dicknose
January 5th, 2017, 08:33 PM
I was thinking of north west. Fly in San Fran, catch up with a mate, then head north so maybe Oregon.

IMOA
January 6th, 2017, 02:20 AM
Monterey car week August 14-20. Just saying.

Random
January 6th, 2017, 07:31 AM
I was thinking of north west. Fly in San Fran, catch up with a mate, then head north so maybe Oregon.

:up: We'll have to coordinate as the time approaches.

Kchrpm
January 6th, 2017, 07:59 AM
Hmmm, my friends in Seattle want me to visit them. Epic west coast trip? Would have to figure out how to fit that into The Plan.

dodint
January 6th, 2017, 11:42 AM
Duh, make them pay for it.

Kchrpm
January 6th, 2017, 12:04 PM
They don't like me *that* much.

Leon
January 8th, 2017, 08:19 PM
Busy couple of days.

Friday resigned from work.

Monday (today) afternoon visited specialist who gave me the health green light, which was good, considering I've been having some weird malfunctions over the last two months that were giving me some concerns (turned out to be a prostate infection). So getting the "you don't have cancer despite some of the blood test results over the last two months" outcome was good.

Straight after that, put a deposit on a Prius, as I'm going to go Uber driving for a while while I figure out what I want to do with my life. Also, to give me a break from office life, so I can go spend a lot more time at the gym, to try to lose all the extra inches that have arrived on my waist since having a very stressful job.

MR2 Fan
January 8th, 2017, 08:23 PM
Busy couple of days.

Friday resigned from work.

Monday (today) afternoon visited specialist who gave me the health green light, which was good, considering I've been having some weird malfunctions over the last two months that were giving me some concerns (turned out to be a prostate infection). So getting the "you don't have cancer despite some of the blood test results over the last two months" outcome was good.

Straight after that, put a deposit on a Prius, as I'm going to go Uber driving for a while while I figure out what I want to do with my life. Also, to give me a break from office life, so I can go spend a lot more time at the gym, to try to lose all the extra inches that have arrived on my waist since having a very stressful job.

Cam
January 9th, 2017, 04:53 AM
Wow, good luck, Leon.

novicius
January 9th, 2017, 05:47 AM
Also, to give me a break from office life, so I can go spend a lot more time at the gym, to try to lose all the extra inches that have arrived on my waist since having a very stressful job.
Fuckin' A right! :angry::up: :up:

sandydandy
January 10th, 2017, 07:41 AM
2016 was a "meh" year for me.

Had a bad situation to start the year - something I'm still feeling the effects of. Hopefully it's over soon.

Money/business was no different than 2015.

Kids got bigger. Son is almost as tall as me.

House gained quite a bit of value, though probably artificial. Toronto housing market is ridiculously overheated. Refinanced my mortgage in April and enjoyed seeing a nice bank balance for a couple of days...until the car loan and other debt consolidation swallowed it up.

Gained about ten pounds. Made a serious attempt at quitting smoking but it didn't last more than two weeks.

Our sports teams did well. Put a smile on our faces after a long time, but no championships.

A GTXer left us, and another was almost taken from us. Both were shocking.

I hope 2017 is a good year.