View Full Version : Forza Horizon 4

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Tom Servo
December 21st, 2019, 01:07 PM
Same, though I actually got my first free-for-all adventure win too and that's somewhat related. I was using the Chevy ZR2 for A800 cross country but kept coming in like 3rd. I put together a '17 Raptor that seemed decent (and was), and had a great battle with a guy who kept besting me at the freeroam rushes but I kept beating him in the races. The second freeroam rush was from the northwest side of the lake to the southeast. I normally just immediately head southeast and bash through the trees but this time I decided to take the road that goes around the west side of the lake, and then hit that danger sign jump that drops you into Ambleside, then power up the hill. My opponent chose my normal route. He ended up winning, but it was kinda cool taking two completely different routes and being less than 1.5 seconds apart at the end.

I ended up taking him in the final race - like most of my builds, I was down on power but up on grip and the last race was pretty straight-liney. He kept slowly pulling out a lead in the straights that I'd immediately gobble up in the corners, but I could never quite get ahead of him. About 80% in, there was a tight corner before a jump and he overcooked it, hitting the jump a bit sideways and rotating in the air so he came down pointing the wrong way. He speared across my path and I tucked in behind him, took the lead, and won by a couple of seconds.

I hate cross country, but that might have been one of the most fun online races I've done. Maybe because A800 isn't stupidly fast for cross country and maybe because the Raptor was sharp enough handling-wise to line up straight before jumps and not do exciting things on landing, but it was actually enjoyable.

GreatScawt
December 25th, 2019, 04:11 AM
There some great freebies today
https://twitter.com/WeArePlayground/status/1209760782877184000?s=19

GreatScawt
December 25th, 2019, 04:17 AM
Well done on the FFA win... I think I perpetually place 2nd to 5th in those champions. And totally agree on cross country... it's by far my least favorite, but when you get a good race, it's really fun.

Blerpa
January 3rd, 2020, 06:47 AM
So, if you leave your auto waiting during the winter season... it gets ice over it (glazes over? I don't know if there's a correct verb to use in this case)!
These are the little nice touches that keeps people playing.

Also since they gifted a James Bond Aston Martin during the Xmas Free Cars period and people without the car pack couldn't get the car they decided, as an apology, to gift an Aston Martin DBS Superleggera to everyone this season. Get it in the Forzathon Shop... and get the Macan Turbo 2019 as well, one of the best SUVs in the game (superior to the 2015 model) and usually mighty expensive in the auction.

On the bad news: the new seasonal jump has been a pain in the arse for many players.
I spent 3 hours (really) trying to pass it with every car in my garage.
Eventually managed with an X 999 Koenisegg Agera RS (I called the setup Agerazilla!) with AWD swap, rally tyres, rally suspensions, full downforce front and rear; attack the jump from the right side at an angle between 15 and max 30 degrees to succeed.
The jump is hated by many on facebook groups and on twitter in response to PG official account according to the complaints.

Tom Servo
January 4th, 2020, 07:14 AM
That was kinda cool, this was the first time I think I've ever done all three of the weekly PR stunts with the same car. TVR Speed 12 with rally suspension and tires managed to handle all three.

GreatScawt
January 6th, 2020, 11:02 AM
Haha nice! Not sure I've done that. It's always some combo of Shelby Monaco (it's so cheap and I love it) and Mosler for everything. And the occasional Hoonigan RS200 for dirt stuff.

Also, I really wish the Eliminator mode showed times, as applicable. I just won a game yesterday and I'm pretty sure it a was single digit millisecond difference. Oh man, I was yelling when I realized we were that close at the end. :lol:

Tom Servo
January 7th, 2020, 06:00 AM
That was fun, going for the Pacifist achievement in the Eliminator. Found a good hiding spot - right next to a house inside the fence where the game would normally just have a parked car. People kept driving right past, and managed to come in 4th in the Mini.

Blerpa
January 7th, 2020, 06:16 AM
I'm doing the Eliminator once in a while: I race alone to the drone drops and see if I get a better car, then I stay in hide and avoid any challenge till the final run.
So far the max I've managed is 5th place, but to me the point is not to race anyone but stay in till the end to rack up points and levels for the prizes.
Once I'll be done I would never look to Eliminator again.

Oh, I still see that people loathe (me and my mates as well) Freeroam Rushes to this day.
Maybe one day PG will decide to get rid of them, never seen a game feature so hated by the whole community :D

Tom Servo
January 7th, 2020, 08:56 AM
I don't mind them now that they're only for cross country and dirt. Actually had a really fun one not too long ago on a cross country adventure - another driver and I who were battling for the lead in the points took two entirely different routes around the big lake on the western side of the map and still managed to hit the finish line less than 1.5 seconds apart.

Now, when they used to also happen on the road races and you're trying to basically do a cross country race in a sports car with stiff race suspension, that was total horseshit.

Tom Servo
January 11th, 2020, 06:41 AM
It's a little bit obnoxious that apparently winning two road sprint events in a Free-for-All adventure doesn't count toward the forzathon goal, you have to do them in single-player.

Blerpa
January 11th, 2020, 11:28 AM
Game is full of stupid design choices that render navigation in the menu or progress annoying at times.
Like when you are playing online and you have 40 seconds (totally not enough) to choose a car and the game does not have a single icon, colour or symbol to tell you if a car has road, rally or whatever else kind of tyres on.
Totally stupid.

Also, we have had many crazy race results lately: both Trial or seasonal events.
Sometime we did clearly lose and yet the game deemed we won (even adding up the points it did not suffice to guarantee a win).

Tom Servo
January 11th, 2020, 05:53 PM
Oh yeah, the "you're not in winter, but the adventure you just got dropped into is, and hell if we'll tell you if the car you're picking has snow tires or not" thing, I haven't figured out why they still haven't fixed that. I got lucky, the Sesto Elemento I picked had snow tires, so between that, the tons of downforce and AWD it was a good pick.

On the plus side, that free-for-all adventure I did with the Sesto was a lot of fun. There were really only three of us vying for the wins, me in the Lambo, one guy in an CLK-GTR, and another in an Elise GT1, and all three of us were the clean racing types so you could get really close to each other in the corners and trust that the other driver wasn't going to do something obnoxious. For all the shitty online races I've had, the good ones like that make up for 'em.

Tom Servo
January 14th, 2020, 09:17 AM
Upcoming series changelist.

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360041304614-FH4-Release-Notes-January-13th-2020

tl;dr

New cars added to the Elminator, one per level from 2-10 - Top Gear Track-Tor, MB Unimog, Mini X-Raid, Hummer open top, Quartz Regalia Type D, Warthog, Jeep Wrangler DD, Funco F9, and Isha's Offroad Taxi.
New Showcase Remix with Isha's Taxi vs. the Delta Wing
New Showcase Remix for the Motocross one

Notable Fixes (as chosen by me):

Improved loading time for Eliminator for initial load and when upgrading a car
"Drastically" improved load times when starting the game on PC when all DLC is installed.

GreatScawt
January 14th, 2020, 04:57 PM
Nice! :up:
They also are adding the next Toyota - the '85 Trueno. I can only imagine how many you'll be seeing on the first week it's available :lol:

So if you guys are interested, my buddy and I were going back and forth on a Speed zone (Oldweir - southwest of Mudkicker Adventure park).
I posted up a Mosler MT900S tune, titled 'SpeedZoneTune', or something like that. Give it a shot. I think we're both top 500 at the moment. It's pretty addicting!

Blerpa
January 15th, 2020, 03:59 AM
LOL I'll look into it.

I'm excited about all the new cars coming in the game... well, who cares about the Hummer Open Top, but it's ok.
Too bad most of the fixes are Eliminator-related :/

GreatScawt
January 15th, 2020, 11:39 AM
Can confirm the PC version loads much faster. In two ways: between the press A in the menu to the available "continue" button, and then from the "continue" button to gaining control in-game.

Tom Servo
January 18th, 2020, 01:07 PM
Took five tries until finally got a team that barely squeaked out a win on the Trial. Playground's netcode just is not up to the task of handling cross-country online races with drivatars, I don't know how many times I saw cars glitching into me or other drivers.

That said, I put up a 2015 Macan Turbo setup that works pretty well. It's hideously ugly, but it's maybe a little faster than most of the drivatars in a straight line and can actually take the corners.

One other note, if you're like me and keep the driving line assists on because you can't be arsed to memorize cross country courses, that last turn after the football pitch in the final race is way more of a corner than the line thinks it is. Brake way earlier than it says, almost everybody goes off on that one and there are a bunch of trees on the outside of the turn just waiting to ruin your day right before the finish line.

Blerpa
January 19th, 2020, 03:05 AM
Yeah, Trial was problematic this time around.
Me and mate had the Macan 2019 (one of the best, if not the best, SUV in the game), better than the already good 2015 model and struggled with it.
Didn't help the fact our teammates were asses.
At third try we succeeded.

Also, I cannot fathom what brings people to online races, either Trial, ranked or unranked Adventures, to use stock cars without any kind of setup.
Dear lord, it takes nothing - even with FH4 convoluted menu - to download a setup.

Tom Servo
February 10th, 2020, 04:15 PM
Another update is coming out.

Some new cars over the series

2019 Lego Speed Champions Bugatti Chiron
2010 Lexus LFA
2017 Aston Martin Vulcan AMR Pro
1994 Ford Supervan 3
1984 Rover SD1 Vitesse

More cars added to Eliminator:

Level 2: 1959 Jaguar Mk II 3.8
Level 2: 1966 Hillman Imp
Level 3: 2010 Ford Crown Victoria Interceptor
Level 3: 1996 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport
Level 4: 2014 Volkswagen Golf R
Level 6: 2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Level 7: 2015 Audi RS 6 Avant
Level 7: 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C
Level 8: 2011 Mercedes-Benze SLS AMG
Level 9: 2016 BMW M4 GTS
Level 9: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Level 9: 2016 Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV
Level 10: 2011 Bugatti Veyron SS

Share codes being extended to Liveries, Tuning Setups, and Photos.

Blueprint event history, letting you peruse the last 15 blueprints you played.

Yet another Showcase remix for the Halo thing. I guess it's neat 'cause this time it's raining?

Another Showcase remix for the Flying Scotsman, now with the 2019 Porsche Macan Turbo

Fixes

Fix for the Heads Up and Pacifist Achievements sometimes not firing. If that was happening to you, you'll have to re-earn them once the fix is in place, it's not retroactive.
Fix for some people's houses disappearing
Fix for some subtitle issue where sometime the first line of dialogue would show up twice.
Some players using metric settings couldn't get 3 stars on one of the British Racing Green story chapters. That's fixed.
Level of your current car will show when doing a head-to-head race in the Eliminator.

GreatScawt
February 11th, 2020, 07:23 PM
Loved the LFA back in FM4. Looking forward to it.

Created an 80s style skin for the Trueno to mix it up from the hundreds of Initial D replicas. Give it a whirl :)

Tom Servo
February 13th, 2020, 02:31 PM
The other Lego cars look close enough that they're obviously lego versions of the cars they're based on. The Chiron is a rebadged AMC Eagle.

GreatScawt
February 13th, 2020, 04:47 PM
Haha it's not great. Apparently that's an old model that Lego took off the store shelves?

Also PSA, get on the Forzathon shop now for a super rare Focus PO car (and some others)

Tom Servo
February 13th, 2020, 05:39 PM
Yep, and a free Apollo Intensa Emozione. Even if that car list says you've got everything, the PO cars don't show up in that and I didn't own one.

Blerpa
February 14th, 2020, 04:22 AM
I got the Focus PO, I didn't have that.
I may get the free Apollo and sell it next week - I did the same with the Ferrari 512 S from the 70s - got 3, sold 1, gonna sell, probably, another one next week.
Just be a freeloader and wait for desperate people that have missed freebies and offers :D

I did get the livery, Scotty, quite unique, really distinguishing from the rest of the usual I-D suspects.

Weird new season: some races were pretty uneventful (especially the Trial - I used a 2019 Vette and my mate spanked me and the opposition with a Vantage '18, but we won easy), others like the 2010s S2 street races were the usual shitfest of punting and AIs going bonker, bah.
Tried almost all alternative vehicles for this season: aforamentioned Vette '19 (fail), Range Rover SVR '15 for the Rover series (interesting car, actually), sweet Torana for the dirt Classic Muscle cup (I like the Holden a lot but I couldn't keep up with my mate basic Charger, my usual car in this class is the underrated Chrysler Valiant Charger - so fail for the Torana).
I did the 2010s race with a reliable Mosler - one of my favourite cars in the game, although I usually go for the 918 S or the CLK GTR for S2 shenanigans.

We have to still do the Playground Games, probably going to use the old Abarth 500 for kicks! Ha!

Tom Servo
February 14th, 2020, 01:34 PM
The Trial was shockingly easy this week. I ended up going for a DB4 Zagato that I basically just threw every part on, then cranked on as much front downforce as I could while also softening up the front just to try to get the stupid thing to turn at speed, and won two of the three races. My teammates, who I would overall describe as "very much not good" and mostly just kept slamming me into the wall, also did very well. One of the races saw all humans in front of all drivatars, despite the incredibly shitty driving my teammates were capable of.

It was weird how bad the AI was in it. Zagato was kinda fun though, but had that understeer at speed disease that a lot of the fast AWD cars have.

I guess one of these days I should try the playground game stuff. I hate it so much, but if I just win one of them I'll get an achievement....

GreatScawt
February 18th, 2020, 01:02 PM
I was forced in to a cross country ranked team adventure to complete my 1/1 session to get ranked again for the series. God I hate cross country. At one point I was heading towards a jump, gaining on an opponent quickly, only for them to be just slow enough that I hit them, *immediately* stopped, and got stuck on the edge of the jump. Rage.

Tom Servo
February 18th, 2020, 05:24 PM
I do seem to hit cross country a lot too. Thankfully everyone else seems to hate it too, and I've gotten better at the freeroam rush and often get most of my points from that these days.

Blerpa
February 19th, 2020, 03:41 AM
Cross Country makes up most of the unranked online adventures I do with my friends: we have gotten used to it. It is always in A 800 or S1 900 classes.
We religiously use the Porsche Macan 2019 in both classes, it is truly the best car for it.

That doesn't help anyway with bogus accidents or stupid teammates... and Free Roam Rushes are still kinda hit and miss, although we have got a better knowledge of FRR tracks, so there are races where we know right away what tricks and shortcuts to take to try to win it - map observation before race starts is paramount.

And yes, EVERYONE hates Free Roam Rush racing. EVERYONE.
Yet I prefer it to drifting which for me is not motorsport at all, but the hatred for FRRs is so universal I really don't get why PG does not give up and finally pull them out of the game or render them totally optional.

Tom Servo
February 20th, 2020, 08:14 AM
I would do Freeroam Rush constantly if it meant I never had to drive those offroad buggies again. Ill-handling little pieces of shit.

Tom Servo
March 9th, 2020, 06:44 PM
Some new content to be inferred from a screenshot, namely a new story, the McLaren Speedtail, Toyota 2000GT, and a Napier Railton.

https://i.imgur.com/TgWsH3s.png

Tom Servo
March 9th, 2020, 06:57 PM
Apparently with the addition of the new story, there are now enough story chapters in the base game to unlock the star card that gets you the 812 Superfast. Previously, you'd have to have DLC to get it.

Blerpa
March 10th, 2020, 02:02 AM
Also the BMW Z4 '19 is in the trophy cars, or so it seems to me.
Nice cars (I adore the Railton since years ago, it would be fun to drive it), although me and mates are getting a bit bored by the game little annoying quirks.
And a friend is now getting disconnected at every second race we do in online events.
Damn buggy thing.

Tom Servo
March 10th, 2020, 06:28 AM
The game seems ultra sensitive to the "NAT" issues that XBox Live can happen, I have to explicitly port forward the various XBL ports to my PC or I get disconnected damn near constantly.

Tom Servo
April 7th, 2020, 01:20 PM
New cars coming to the next series:

2018 Ferrari Portofino
2007 #117 599 GTB Fiorano Formula Drift
2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S
1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 (by some tuner)
2013 #777 Chevrolet Corvette Formula Drift
1992 Toyota Supra 2.0 GT Twin Turbo

https://i.redd.it/t2a69zzwk8r41.jpg

Tom Servo
May 3rd, 2020, 03:51 PM
Edit function on here sucks.

Tom Servo
May 3rd, 2020, 03:53 PM
A guy on Reddit's been doing some neat cel-shaded paintjobs.

https://i.redd.it/ba5z1co45lw41.png

https://i.redd.it/emqcf8733ev41.jpg

Tom Servo
May 4th, 2020, 09:16 PM
Fun set of new cars coming up

https://i.redd.it/eb4gm4qqbsw41.png

GreatScawt
May 5th, 2020, 05:53 PM
Exciting!

Also, I know most people here are probably pretty set when it comes to owning most of the cars, but I'm fairly certain I have all but one if you need anything for the Horizon Promo.
Right now I'm just grinding away on Eliminator to get the last couple achievements and the Mercury Cougar Eliminator edition.

Tom Servo
May 5th, 2020, 08:58 PM
The game definitely feels like work for me right now - oddly enough, the Trial is the highlight of every week for me. Sometimes it sucks, but at least it's not just a timesuck.

GreatScawt
May 10th, 2020, 05:12 PM
Got my Mercury Cougar Eliminator :up:
Didn't realize that's the only version of the car. Fun to cruise around the map and see people whip out the camera for the promo lol.

Tom Servo
May 10th, 2020, 08:43 PM
Hah, I got it a while back but hadn't thought about that. I'll have to drive it around tomorrow.

I'm now saving the Trial for the end of what I do each week just so I have something to look forward to after the work portion of the program. That said, I still never bother with the playground games - I guess I should once so I can get the achievement of getting 100% of a season.

Tom Servo
May 11th, 2020, 10:34 AM
This week's Trial was actually really fun. C class lightweight cars. Of course, every single member of my team other than me showed up in an unmodified Ferrari 166MM, and the entire AI team was Ferrari 166MM's (5 unmodified, one at C594). My C600 Lotus Elan Sprint made short work of the others, and my team did surprisingly well, so I can only complain so much.

Tom Servo
May 23rd, 2020, 06:15 AM
Put up a tune for the Evo IX in the trial. It's really just that it's one of the two eligible cars that can take winter tires, but it's such a cakewalk that I figured I'd share it just in case.

Tom Servo
May 27th, 2020, 02:50 PM
Some anagrams shown in the Forza teaser stream for the next series. Per the top comment on the reddit thread:

5 Carrots Too Loyal - Toyota Corolla SR5
Oily Cottage Cat - Toyota Celica GT
Tom Go Ratty 2 - Toyota MR2 GT
Rot My Tacos 2 - Toyota MR2 SC

Goin' Toyota crazy.

Tom Servo
May 29th, 2020, 04:06 PM
I really enjoyed the trial setup I ended up with this week, used a 1971 Skyline 2000GT-R and kept it RWD, gave it sport tires, stripped out the weight and then gave it more power than it should have. It's way more tail-happy than my usual setups, but not overly so, and it actually does well in a straight line. Cakewalk for all three races this week, which is good because my teammates sucked more than usual.

Tom Servo
June 10th, 2020, 07:46 AM
In the Forzathon Shop today (10th of June), you can get the 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1 Preorder Car for 100FP. It's one of the few cars I didn't have and as far as I know the only other way to get it is to have pre-ordered the game from a specific retailer, so if you're lookin' to be a completionist you might want to hop in and grab it. It'll be gone at 7:30AM PDT on the 11th.

Blerpa
June 10th, 2020, 11:19 AM

Tom Servo
June 17th, 2020, 07:06 PM
Some new cars coming.

https://i.imgur.com/hUEJGoi.jpg

GreatScawt
June 17th, 2020, 09:27 PM
Nice! Looking forward to getting back in to it.

Blerpa
June 18th, 2020, 03:43 AM
Can't wait for the MR2s!!!
With that said the last update (Yesterday, I think) borked the completion percentage: people think it doesn't register Rivals completion in the count, or so they reckon.

Tom Servo
June 22nd, 2020, 03:35 PM
Maybe a little late, but if anybody's looking for a good car for the Trial, the Zonda Cinque works great. It's S2-908, I think, but if you convert to AWD and put in a roll cage, it drops it to S1-899. It's brutal off the line with the AWD and handles really nicely with very little of the normal AWD understeer while also being plenty fast enough in a straight line, I had no problems walking all over the CPU.

Blerpa
June 22nd, 2020, 11:52 PM
Yesterday I couldn't go online anymore in the game. At all.
My Teredo wasn't qualified, even showed as disabled. I fixed (after a day of not being able to play, aside from Offline) with these instructions:

https://www.reddit.com/r/killerinstinct/comments/4cvo7c/to_those_of_you_unable_to_resolve_your_teredo/

I have to try that Zonda!
Also, the new Peugeot 205 R is a Dirt B700 beast. It is good in A800 and S1 900 too, but in those classes it is beaten by Rally Monsters and similar cars.
But damn, it flies in B700!

I managed an interesting experiment: it is Winter in the game and the B700 Playground Game of this season has cars struggling, as B700 prepared for Dirt or Cross Country races usually do not benefit from Rally tyres.
That is true, but... I tried a Ford Escort with Snow tyres: the car has a measly 6.6 Acceleration score; yet, with Snow tyres I totally obliterated the whole grid, even my own teammates.
So, I reckon that Rally tyres do not *normally* make a difference for low classes' cars, but they do, as Snow tyres, when there's a lot of snow, winter gravel and ice.
I even noticed something similar weeks ago in an online unranked series: S1 900 road races in Winter, I picked as a mistake a supercar with rally tyres (so it automatically changed them to Snow tyres). Two tracks out of three were quite covered with snow and ice: I manage to dominate and in one race I lapped a quarter of the grid, so much I was ahead of all the other vehicles in the race.

Tom Servo
June 27th, 2020, 07:26 AM
The trial this week is full of idiots who take stock '98 Supras and crash them a lot. That said, there appears to be a bug that always awards the human team the first win no matter how they do, and I put up a tune for the '92 Supra that let me win all three races.

Blerpa
June 27th, 2020, 11:18 AM
Yeah, totally stupid!
I mean, we have a guy in our crew that has not much time to play with us so he missed to obtain the '92 Supra before and he was miffed to pay 16mil in the auction house to buy for the '92 model (and I understand that when you have not much money in the game), so we helped him out - but the game is stupid itself: they setup a Trial where you either have a '92 Supra or you use a '98 Supra which sucks in B700 and yet is stuck behind the very same B700 '98 Supras used by the drivatars.
Anyhow, yes, me and the other mate wiped the floor with the '92 Supra.

But it is the usual: people jumping in the trial without no thought whatsover about the required car and PI.
They should put a "no stock car" rule in the Trial, fuck it.

Tom Servo
July 11th, 2020, 02:51 PM
Put together a '73 Escort RS1600 for the trial, it's stupidly fast compared to the AI (and so far, the other humans). Actually handles really well, the only tip I'd have for it is on the first race, when you get to the third of the big jumps, let off the gas a bit so you land before the lip of the following drop, otherwise it can go nose down and ruin your day.

On the positive side, it's fast enough that my controller ran out of batteries, I put new ones in, and I *still won*.

Tom Servo
July 18th, 2020, 09:14 AM
Apparently they changed the Playground games to now give you the prize even if you lose (it did tell me I got the prize because I came in at least 2nd, which is tough to not do when there are only two teams). I haven't done the playground games since they first showed up. I joined, my entire team quit after the first event, and I ran through four more events trying to just not be a sore loser, I guess. This move is apparently to try to stop people from just quitting when things go south in the first round - there's some incentive to stick it out even if your team isn't that great.

It did work. Our team lost the first round, but nobody quit. We won the next two, at which point half the other team quit, but half remained through the next round and we got it 3-1. It's the first time I've ever won that, so now I actually have a shot at the achievement for getting 100% in a season. Just gotta do the next four days of the simple forzathon tasks, none of which are getting an airborne pass, so I think I'm in good shape.

Tom Servo
July 23rd, 2020, 03:30 PM
I didn't realize the achievement was for 100% in a *series*, not season. Fuck that noise.

Tom Servo
August 26th, 2020, 11:00 AM
Finally did it, got the 100% series achievement. Feel empty. Gonna go smash some glass by the dumpsters or something.

Blerpa
August 26th, 2020, 11:34 AM
Garage space will be augmented to 1000 car slots in next update! Weeee!
But yet not upgrade on livery and setup amount. Lame.

Tom Servo
September 1st, 2020, 03:17 PM
Saw that the series rewards are cars I already have and, after getting the 100% series achievement, it was actually a really nice change of pace to just do the one race to win the new Bentley and then turn the game off for the rest of the week.

It's annoying that it's feeling like work, but when one of the things is doing like 11 races in an Eclipse and getting five of the "pass while drifting" skills, that's 100% just work. Normally the Trial is my favorite part of the week and I can't even bring myself to bother.

Blerpa
September 2nd, 2020, 05:46 AM
I understand exactly the feel.
I mean, the Eclipse is a nice car to drive but the rate of completion parts to do was fucked up.
By the time me and my mate did it we were bored stiff!

Blerpa
October 20th, 2020, 12:41 PM
Lately Forza series has been a whole host of problems for me on PC: Forza Motorsports 7 either crashes at boot or if I go to the saloon or in my garage rendering cars (tried everything, reinstalled the game, updated the Nvidia driver, etc.), Forza Horizon 4 has the usual problems but today it happened the worst.
I don't know how but the game (on PC) did take like 40 minutes to synchronize... and after that the horror: game was reset to the very start. 0% completed.
The game on the Xbox is instead still with my profile but with 2 weeks old data.
I tried to reset the FH4 install on the PC, then reboot the PC, sync... and yet again total reset of my profile.

And if I try to sync otherwise it keeps saying that the data from the other device is not ready. Tried for hours.

So right now, aside from the PC install being fucked this is the situation:
. Cloud save sync is reset to zero.
. Xbox Offline save is two weeks old but at least with my profile still existing.

How can I delete the cloud save and replace it with the one on the Xbox?
Any help?

Lately the games have been terrible. I'm truly fed up with the terrible way they handle about everything, I may avoid future entries in the series.

Tom Servo
October 20th, 2020, 04:08 PM
Eegads, I'll poke around and see if I can find anything about forcing the cloud save to use what you've got on the XBox. That sucks. Unfortunately, their support is pretty notoriously slow as well.

Tom Servo
October 21st, 2020, 07:51 AM
This is about the closest thing I've seen to how to try to get it to sync: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3d3u9z/force_sync/

Have you reached out to their support? I know they're slow, but maybe they've got something.

GreatScawt
November 3rd, 2020, 11:47 AM
Apparently the Series 29 update is out a little early because the PG is getting the game prepped for Series X/S launch next week, so we know the cars!

New:
1987 Mercedes AMG Hammer
1990 Porsche 911 Reimagined by Singer

Returning:
1995 BMW 850CSI

Tom Servo
November 3rd, 2020, 03:25 PM
Well, those are a lot better than things like the Velociraptor.

Tom Servo
November 4th, 2020, 09:46 PM
Speaking of the Velociraptor, yet another monster-sized truck that looks tougher than it is: https://twitter.com/KTLA/status/1324236322832150528

Tom Servo
November 6th, 2020, 01:35 PM
I see they also put up a "backstage pass", which looks like it's a token you can redeem at some point for one of a set of hard to find cars, rather than just having the one prize car. I like that idea, but so far no pre-order cars in that list and the only car I don't have is the Aston Martin PO. Still, it's nice for people who might be missing a few of the harder to find cars like the 812 Superfast, might make it take a little less waiting before they can snag one.

Rare White Ape
December 8th, 2020, 03:41 AM
New game mode called Super7, basically Forge for Forza. Create your own stunt challenges and share them online.

https://youtu.be/AERM7VF_YcA

Tom Servo
December 8th, 2020, 08:10 AM
It's almost like they realized that the Hot Wheels add-on for FH3 was a much more logical choice for a tie-in than Lego.

It looks fun, but part of it looks like more grandiose versions of the cross-country races, which are always my least favorite. Too many jumps with tight tolerances make it super easy for a small mistake to completely ruin your race, and I see a lot of those concrete pipes that are always a pain in the ass in the preview.

GreatScawt
December 16th, 2020, 01:30 PM
Aye, it's not my favorite but it's a neat addition.
I'm finding a lot of challenges that ask you to go point-to-point in a certain time, and apparently expect you to take their ridiculous winding halfpipe to the sky to do it? I usually try to cruise past that shit and just finish it :lol:

I was getting annoyed with how little influence I was getting for challenges (200-400), but someone on /r/Forza mentioned that it's based on how popular it is. If you sort by new in the challenge browser, you can get 5200 influence per. Some of its a crapshoot but usually quite doable still.

Rare White Ape
February 8th, 2021, 12:00 PM
For the two people here who haven’t got it yet, FH4 is going up on Steam in early March. Great for those on PC who have an atavistic hatred of the Microsoft Store.

Rare White Ape
February 14th, 2021, 03:54 AM
Oh God, how good is Hospital Records in Forza Horizon?

I post this because Hospital Records is a real label and there's a big ol playlist of their artists on Spotify, so you can Hospitalise yourself with crazy driving whenever you want.

Tom Servo
February 14th, 2021, 10:34 AM
Alternately, it pisses me off that you still can't turn all the music off. I am so tired of hearing the same little bits of the same 10 songs over and over and over and over. I know there's streamer mode, but it resets itself every single time you start the game and you *still* get music, albeit less annoying and obtrusive music.

The worst is the Pennywise one, because it's the same 10 seconds of *EVERY SONG THEY'VE EVER WRITTEN*

Blerpa
February 15th, 2021, 08:49 AM
Alternately, it pisses me off that you still can't turn all the music off. I am so tired of hearing the same little bits of the same 10 songs over and over and over and over. I know there's streamer mode, but it resets itself every single time you start the game and you *still* get music, albeit less annoying and obtrusive music.

The worst is the Pennywise one, because it's the same 10 seconds of *EVERY SONG THEY'VE EVER WRITTEN*

That sucks, but put Radio Off, turn radio music down to 1 (heck you can't even lower that to 0, how idiotic is that?) and then, yes, just remember to set streamer mode.
I hope they fix this in next Forza games, I can't stand the same shit in Cyberpunk 2077.

Rare White Ape
February 16th, 2021, 01:40 AM
I haven''t played CP77 long enough to hear the same music twice :lol:

Blerpa
August 3rd, 2021, 12:55 PM
So, I may buy Forza Horizon 5 in the future but... from which store?
I mean, all my games are on Steam and I much prefer to deal with it than with other stores.
Also, Windows Store is lacklustre in features and often games in the Gamepass have DLSS deactivated or even DirectX12 choice missing.

With that said, FH5 would be a Microsoft battle horse and available right away on Gamepass (I'm right now NOT on Gamepass for lack of interesting titles *to me* - I find GP incredible value in general, mind) and who knows if there will be exclusive content or some limitation to play together with people in the game (I mean, let's say I'm on Steam and a friend on Gamepass, there will be any fuss about in the game to play together?)... so, any suggestion?

Rare White Ape
August 3rd, 2021, 09:49 PM
Have you got the Steam edition of FH4? Its Steam page lists cross-platform multiplayer. I'd imagine you should be good to go if you want the Steam version of FH5.

I have the GP version of FH4 loaded and played it last week. It runs beautifully with no graphical limitations. Being a big Microsoft tentpole title they will be sure to get it right on every store it releases on.

But... that price tho. FH4 standard edition is still a full-price game on Steam. With that one purchase you could get 6 months of Game Pass.

Blerpa
August 3rd, 2021, 11:12 PM
I've FH4 Ultimate version, bought singularly from the Windows Store.
That's why I'm asking, I'm considering the jump to Steam since most of my games and playing is done there.

Blerpa
August 3rd, 2021, 11:13 PM
Price is not a problem *if* I get back a lot of playing (which I didn't get from playing Gamepass games back in the day, hence why I stopped paying for it).