PDA

View Full Version : Not secure

Rare White Ape
January 4th, 2019, 07:11 PM
My Choogle Grome address bar is reporting that Teh GTX isn't secure.

It's probably a good thing to address this.

For now I'll make sure I don't post any credit card details unless they're already stolen.

Cam
January 5th, 2019, 07:27 AM
I've been seeing that for weeks.

Jason
January 5th, 2019, 07:38 AM
It makes it more exciting.

Rare White Ape
January 5th, 2019, 12:25 PM
I've been seeing that for weeks.

I only just spotted it because I turned my pc on for the first time in a month and it showed up on the browser.

On iOS it doesn’t show me that little icon except if I dig into the settings menu.

Random
January 5th, 2019, 12:58 PM
It's because we're serving pages via regular http, not https. There are a couple solutions but I haven't had the time to fool around with them (it's not just a configuration change).

Tom Servo
January 10th, 2019, 01:12 PM
If we need a cert, letsencrypt.org via certbot is a good, free solution for that.

Random
January 13th, 2019, 09:13 AM
Yeah, that's been brought up previously. We would need to move our hosting account to a fixed IP, for a small cost. I haven't looked at all the permutations yet.

Tom Servo
January 18th, 2019, 07:32 AM
I'm admittedly not great with this stuff, but why would we need a fixed IP? In my experience, it's just domain based. Assuming that we have the ability to modify our DNS records, you can use DNS challenges for it.

Tom Servo
August 17th, 2019, 05:53 PM
FWIW, for work right now I'm working on building an ACME client to talk to Let's Encrypt for SSL certs and automate the process of renewing them, so I'm becoming intimately familiar with that process if that helps.

G'day Mate
August 29th, 2019, 06:03 AM
I still can't log in from my main computer :(

Random
August 29th, 2019, 09:53 AM
If you previously had a problem getting past the question/answer, please try again. The answer was wrong...oops. :| :lol:

G'day Mate
October 3rd, 2019, 01:35 AM
Nope, not that, the login just times out.

Has something changed that causes my apostrophe to screw it all up?

Rare White Ape
October 3rd, 2019, 04:03 AM
Me, in January: there are problems

Dave, in October: the login times out

;)

Good to see you here maaaate!

Alan P
August 4th, 2020, 03:45 PM
Still not Secure showing on my Browser? I mean, sure, it's just a forum but some security would be nice, right?

Random
August 4th, 2020, 09:26 PM
The highly paid forum staff has not had time to mess with it.

Cam
August 5th, 2020, 09:41 AM
:lol:

:random:

SportWagon
August 14th, 2020, 12:19 PM
Just because the connection is not secure does not technically mean that the password transfer procedure is necessarily not secure. But it would seem unlikely the forum developers have implemented a highly secure protocol working in the available languages (JavaScript/PHP) to transmit the authentication information as truly secure strings.