PDA

View Full Version : WRC 6

Cam
January 18th, 2019, 06:43 AM
This is the free game right now on Xbox Live Games With Gold.

This is one of just a few free games that I did not delete almost immediately. I've been craving a rally game for a while. I played a couple of demos for other rally games, but was not impressed. I am enjoying this game overall. I find the co-driver voice somewhat annoying though. I recommend it to our Xbone-enabled, car-racing fans here. The price is right after all! :D

Yobbo NZ
January 18th, 2019, 11:48 AM
Yeah, the whole 5 left into 3 right BUMP!
Gets a bit annoying after a while.
Seems to be an alright rally game so far.

Cam
January 18th, 2019, 12:01 PM
I might just turn off the co-driver voice and rely on the pop-up turn signals. Other nitpick: co-driver calling turns a bit late sometimes, despite changing the setting to "ahead" from "default."

My wife was sitting nearby and even commented that the co-driver was annoying. :lol:

Yw-slayer
January 19th, 2019, 09:23 PM
Eh? Doesn't every rally game worth its salt have a co-driver voice?

Yobbo NZ
January 19th, 2019, 09:29 PM
Its the random high pitch he goes to on certain warnings.
Sounds a bit like he's got electrodes strapped to his balls.

Cam
January 20th, 2019, 06:21 AM
Yeah, it's odd and pretty annoying. I've played rally games before and have never considered turning off the co-driver's voice. :erm:

M4FFU
January 21st, 2019, 12:56 AM
Ha -- I deleted it after the second stage. Just seemed bad; graphically, handling, sound - even the UI was ugly.

Cam
January 21st, 2019, 05:20 AM
I don't mind the interface and the handling is better than the last two rally games I demoed, IMO. Having the best graphics is not a deal breaker for me.

Cam
January 22nd, 2019, 08:47 AM
A few times now, I've just barely dropped a wheel off the road and it reset my car. :?

Cam
January 22nd, 2019, 10:55 AM
Just for laughs, I tried the co-driver in different languages. I do not speak much more than a bit of French, but the voices sound just as annoying. ACHTUNG! :lol:

Cam
January 29th, 2019, 09:55 AM
I am enjoying this game, despite its idiosyncrasies. However, the multiplayer just doesn't work right now. I was able to join a lobby a few days ago, after getting repeated error messages. All my competitors quit out a few corners into the race, I assume because I was leading. :lol: I have not been able to get into a game since. Now when I look for a game it just tells me, "The search failed." :?

I am kind of disappointed by the lack of variety of stages. "Oh, we're doing this stage again for the third time this rally." :rolleyes:

stephenb
January 29th, 2019, 01:47 PM
I am kind of disappointed by the lack of variety of stages. "Oh, we're doing this stage again for the third time this rally." :rolleyes: Don't ever play Dirt Rally.

Cam
February 1st, 2019, 03:23 PM
Start new career on Medium. Do one season in Jr. and two seasons in WRC2. Win nearly every rally, some by 1-2 minutes ahead. Win three rallies in a row to start a season in WRC. Everything seems normal, then get to Argentina. Finish the rally two minutes down. :erm:

Edit: Somehow the difficulty got set to hard. :? Hard difficulty is like "humble the player" mode. :lol:

Cam
February 2nd, 2019, 05:07 AM
Another odd thing about playing on hard; my shocks were broken by the end of the first stage and I didn't even go off the road or hit anything. :erm: