PDA

View Full Version : Snowrunner

Cam
July 12th, 2021, 05:21 PM
I am embarrassed to admit how many hours I have put into this game since its purchase several weeks ago. It is a game filled with frustration and triumph! I bought it during a Steam sale and splurged on a package that included several expansions, plus a few trucks. Lots of playing in this game. I am enjoying it, especially considering I have been teaming up with my brother. Some tasks get a bit monotonous, but you can break it up by doing different tasks, then coming back to other tasks later. There are many bugs, the most annoying of which makes my wheel do strange things, like continuously shudder back and forth or force feedback constantly pulling to the right. I have to reload the game to make it stop. It only happens occasionally, thankfully.

Not deleted.

Rare White Ape
July 12th, 2021, 11:00 PM
Just pretend that the wheel issues are caused by misaligned suspension, or a bent wheel rim.

Cam
August 24th, 2021, 12:09 PM
Put 250+ hours in this game since its purchase.

It's is 30% off right now on Steam. AWESOME VALUE!

Cam
October 29th, 2021, 09:59 AM
I am up to 350+ hours now. Did I say AWESOME VALUE?

Cam
November 22nd, 2021, 11:47 AM
Wisconsin: land of tall, snow-capped mountains and hurricanes. :lol:

Cam
November 28th, 2021, 12:08 PM
Played this game a lot this week, 40+ hours. When Lori is on holiday, I tend to get in holiday mode too. :lol:

Cam
December 8th, 2021, 09:19 AM
35% off on Steam at the moment.

Cam
December 20th, 2021, 06:22 PM
Amur is a hateful place. :lol:
Me: “I literally have ten-wheel drive.”
Amur: “You are not going anywhere without winching.”

Cam
January 17th, 2022, 08:20 PM
Maine is complex. Only two maps, but they are interesting with a good amount of stuff to do. :up: The issue I have is the sheer amount of materials needed to fix things. Also, many of those things need to be crafted.

If a mechanic of the game is to fix bridges and clear road blockages, why doesn’t it let me fix all the bridges and clear all of the blockages? :mad:

Cam
January 20th, 2022, 05:49 AM
I passed 600 hours in this game last night. AWESOME VALUE.

Cam
January 20th, 2022, 05:51 AM
Also, I have a hat.

Cam
February 16th, 2022, 06:03 AM
I completed every contract and task currently available in the game. I had a go at some trials the other day with mixed success. Unlike the regular game, you have to complete a trial in one sitting. As far as I can tell, you can't save it and come back to it. One of the tasks is to search for three trucks and tow them back to the village without using the map. I cheated a bit and peeked at a map online before doing it, so it took me about an hour. If I did not do that, it may have taken me hours. The first trial in the list is to reach all the waypoints in a certain amount of time. I was not successful, despite trying about ten times. I watched a video yesterday of someone completing the trial. I was having trouble in one spot in particular that I know how to overcome now. I look forward to the next DLC, but it's not due for a few months yet.

Cam
September 8th, 2022, 01:25 PM
40% off on Steam right now.

Cam
October 13th, 2022, 03:57 AM
New DLC today!

I've spent 820 hours in this game. I don't remember exactly how much I paid for it and the DLC, but it's less than $50. That's like $0.06 an hour. AWESOME VALUE.

Cam
December 8th, 2022, 07:08 AM
I'm almost at 900 hours in this game. Did I say AWESOME VALUE?

I feel like the latest DLC has more stuff to do than ever. It's not all that difficult to get around, but the four maps are big, striking a good balance. It's nowhere near as challenging as Amur, but the sheer number of contracts and tasks will keep you busy for quite a while. Farming is kind of menial, but there are only a handful of missions where you need to use the tractor. It's boggling to me that the game is still buggy, however. I noticed major bugs in the new DLC, especially in multiplayer. Thankfully, I've been able to work around them.

Cam
February 28th, 2023, 12:58 PM
New DLC dropped today.

Cam
July 18th, 2023, 04:32 AM
New DLC day: British Columbia.

I passed 1000 hours in this game. :o

Cam
July 25th, 2023, 06:26 AM
BC is great! Only two maps, but they are huge with challenging terrain, interesting things to do and nice scenery. I like it. After Amur, it seemed like they significantly dialed back the difficulty to the point where it was easy to get around. They brought the challenge back up to a better balance, I think.

pl8ster
September 26th, 2023, 10:41 AM
I just started playing this again a few days ago. I'm in Alaska. I just have the one awful Soviet jeep thing, it takes absolutely ages to get anywhere :D

Cam
September 27th, 2023, 07:14 PM
Wait, if you are in Alaska, why do you only have a Russian jeep? I think it is worth your while to complete Michigan first, just so you will have some reasonable trucks. Michigan is also easier to get around.

When I started a second playthrough, I jumped to Taymyr after Michigan and skipped Alaska. I wanted the Tayga and the Tatarin, arguably two of the best vehicles, which can be found there.

pl8ster
September 28th, 2023, 12:49 PM
I had some other trucks, too. I actually went back to Michigan, read a tutorial, sold everything and got the Azov. Things are going a lot better now :D

Cam
September 28th, 2023, 03:09 PM
Nice. The Azov 64131 is probably the best all-around truck in the base game. THE best truck (in my opinion) is the ZiKZ 605R, which is available in the Amur DLC.

Zevious Zoquis
September 29th, 2023, 05:43 AM
I'm kinda interested in this game. What's it like on the PS5? Worthwhile at all? And is there an all-in-one buy in option that gets you everything in one package for all eternity? lol...

Kchrpm
September 29th, 2023, 06:05 AM
Looks like you can buy the year 3 version with the content released until that point, but unless they're done with updates I would assume you'll have to pay for year 4 and on.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/snowrunner/

The Metacritic score for the PS4 version is only 1 point below the PC version, for what it's worth.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/snowrunner/

Zevious Zoquis
September 29th, 2023, 06:08 AM
yeah that 3 year pack looks like a decent deal at the sale price...

Cam
September 29th, 2023, 08:53 AM
I'm a fan, so of course I'm biased. I really enjoy this game. It is slow-paced and relaxing... most of the time. It can be very frustrating also when you get yourself into tricky situations, like if you roll your truck, get hung up on an object or whatever. I use a controller on PC, which will negligibly different on PlayStation. You will either love or hate this game.

I think it is AWESOME VALUE.

Zevious Zoquis
September 29th, 2023, 09:04 AM
Is there a "free roam" option that allows you to tool around the wilderness with no specific task to accomplish? :D

Cam
September 29th, 2023, 09:19 AM
If you are going to purchase this game, I have a few tips. When you start, just stay in Michigan for a while and build up your experience and money. As soon as you can afford it, go to Taymyr, purchase the Azov 64131 and bring it back to Michigan. (You can't buy Russian/Euro trucks when you are in North America.) Unless you want a hardcore experience. In that case, just stay in Michigan and finish everything without buying a truck. You eventually find trucks as you work through the maps. Michigan is meant to be the area where you build up your SnowRunner skills. You can sell trailers that you find to make a bit of money.

I just remembered that if you buy all the content, including DLC, in a bundle, you will have several good DLC trucks available in your truck storage straight away.

Cam
September 29th, 2023, 09:19 AM
Is there a "free roam" option that allows you to tool around the wilderness with no specific task to accomplish? :D

That is the game, actually. :lol:

Part of the game is exploring, especially when you first start a map.

Zevious Zoquis
September 29th, 2023, 09:23 AM
That is the game, actually. :lol:

Part of the game is exploring, especially when you first start a map.

Cam
September 29th, 2023, 09:37 AM
Be warned: Amur is tough. I recommend elite experience and trucks before attempting.

Cam
October 9th, 2023, 03:29 AM
New season DLC on October 19; Scandinavia.

Cam
April 19th, 2024, 08:14 AM
I recently finished the latest DLC, North Carolina. It was alright, but remarkably similar to a previous DLC, so not innovative. That is not necessarily a bad thing. If you like this game, you will enjoy new DLCs.

Cam
June 10th, 2024, 06:29 PM
New DLC last week. Of course, I finished it already. :lol: It is only one map, but it’s big… and challenging. I was breaking a lot of wheels due to the terrain. It has some tough hauls too.