PDA

View Full Version : Steering wheel mount lock(?) fix

Yw-slayer
September 25th, 2022, 07:00 AM
Hey guys,

I now know that the GT Force Pro is not compatible with GT7, but it is affixed to a wheel mount I bought around 4 years ago and which I promptly lost the manual (if any) for. I somehow managed to unscrew the quick release from the... hole which it was stick into. Further attempts to remedy the situation have made it even worse.

The first two pictures are what it looks like once I've extracted the QR. The third is the QR. The fourth is sort of what is should look like, but obviously to enable it to be re-locked. I need help to get me to re-insert the QR into the hole and ensure that it's locked properly.

I could always just ditch it and get another frame to mount a new wheel on, but that seems wasteful even if that is unlikely to (in absolute terms) cost that much more than possibly getting someone to look at it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, even if it's something relatively unusual. Would it be odd to get someone (a handyman? bike shop?) to look at it?

Rare White Ape
September 25th, 2022, 10:05 PM
I don't quite understand how the thing should go together. I'm guessing the thread goes back in the hole, but you need the washer and spring to sit above the black swingy-outy arm bit?

And what's the significance of the black material under the cam of the quick release bit? It looks damaged, or is it meant to be that way?

Yw-slayer
September 26th, 2022, 05:31 AM
Yes to thread going back in. Where the washer and spring go I have no real clue but it was approximately what this looked like at some point j think.

The black material is not damaged, it is meant to look like that. I think it's to connect with something else in the picture.

I may just take it to a local hardware dude for a look.

Yobbo NZ
September 27th, 2022, 06:56 PM
It'd hard to tell, but is that top washer larger than the groove?
If it is, it looks like that may need to be put under the black flappy arm, therefore it has the spring tension pushing on the arm when you lock the locking part over.
But you'd need to wind the thread into the bottom first, the close the flappy arm down. Think of it like bike wheel quick release.

Yw-slayer
September 27th, 2022, 10:51 PM
Alright, I’ll have another look tonight. Thanks mate.

Yw-slayer
December 19th, 2022, 04:39 AM
Bike shop agreed to look at it. Fixed it in 3 minutes. Now looking at a Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Edition.

Yw-slayer
December 23rd, 2022, 07:03 AM
Fixed rhe T300 to it but the mount isn't solid enough to ugh as it moves around a bit.

Will get a folding mount.

Yw-slayer
December 25th, 2022, 06:51 AM
Got new folding mount. That plus T300RS GT are life-changing. Doing races in GT Sport is actually enjoyable now, not just grinding for credits.

Rare White Ape
December 25th, 2022, 06:40 PM
Yay!

Come join us in iRacing :D

Yw-slayer
December 26th, 2022, 11:16 AM
Thanks, but nah. I got stuff to do in real-life, like drive 3 cars.