PDA

View Full Version : It's 2023 but we're still living in effin' 2020.

FaultyMario
January 3rd, 2023, 06:57 AM
I wish to not need threads like these.

As MR2 has already pointed out (http://gtxforums.net/showthread.php?2153-Ken-Block-has-died&p=184636&viewfull=1#post184636), this year started in the shitter. It can hopefully climb out.

Fiat500
January 3rd, 2023, 11:36 AM
Today is March 1039th, 2020.

https://calendar2020.noj.cc/

Kchrpm
January 3rd, 2023, 11:44 AM
If we were still in 2020, I wouldn't have my Corvette. We're in the future, baby!

Crazed_Insanity
January 3rd, 2023, 12:04 PM
Yes, try to not wallow in the past and come back to the future! Thank goodness for Deloreans and Corvettes! ;)

It's good to expect the worst in order to prep ourselves to be able to deal with problems in life, but it's also important to remind ourselves to stay hopeful for the future because we are problem solvers! Whatever hole we're stuck in, one way or another, we'll find a way to climb out of it as long as we stay hopeful and don't give up. Cheers! Celebrate whatever little victories we can have and we will be able to not just have a happy new year, but hopefully a happy whole year!

G'day Mate
January 3rd, 2023, 05:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ6WPo-oW5Q

[edit] Ok, that didn't work, try the direct link? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ6WPo-oW5Q It's John Oliver's "fuck you" to 2016 video.

Rare White Ape
January 3rd, 2023, 08:24 PM
The end of 2016 was shorter in time to the beginning of 2020 than the beginning of 2020 was to today.

MR2 Fan
January 4th, 2023, 03:23 PM
speaking of which, there's still a ton of antivax nonsense, especially after the Bills player collapsed, twitter bots/idiots went crazy with that it was due to the vax. NO YOU FUCKWADS IT WAS BECAUSE OF A TACKLE ARE YOU ALL FUCKING BLIND???

sandydandy
January 4th, 2023, 04:37 PM
They’re all brainwashed by a pseudo-documentary called “Died Suddenly”, which has re-twisted their already twisted minds. I haven’t watched it and have no plans to.

MR2 Fan
January 4th, 2023, 04:42 PM
two problems with it....he didn't die and it wasn't suddenly

Rikadyn
January 4th, 2023, 05:06 PM
speaking of which, there's still a ton of antivax nonsense, especially after the Bills player collapsed, twitter bots/idiots went crazy with that it was due to the vax. NO YOU FUCKWADS IT WAS BECAUSE OF A TACKLE ARE YOU ALL FUCKING BLIND???

Dude one of the people I unfortunately work with thinks that masks during the Spanish flu killed most of the people because the cause of most deaths was lung infections.

You know, like the flu, but those two thoughts shall never meet

Yw-slayer
January 5th, 2023, 03:53 AM
Dude one of the people I unfortunately work with thinks that masks during the Spanish flu killed most of the people because the cause of most deaths was lung infections.

You know, like the flu, but those two thoughts shall never meet

Lol then how are all these people wearing more high-quality masks, 102-105 years later, all still alive? Does he blame it on the microchips?

sandydandy
January 5th, 2023, 10:34 AM
two problems with it....he didn't die and it wasn't suddenly Of course, but tell them that. They’ll ignore the fact that the incident was the result of a tackle, and just point to supposed hundreds of thousands or millions dropping in the street because of the vaccine, and point to this “documentary” as proof. It’s sick. People have always “died suddenly” before the pandemic, and it usually means suicide if read in the obituaries.

Nice to read that Damar Hamlin is making progress in his recovery. Apparently he’s awake now and embracing his family. Hopefully it’s a full recovery. He’ll have one heck of a story to tell down the road.

Glad Jeremy Renner is still with us as well. I read that he was completely run over by the snow plow and his torso was crushed. Sounds horrific. I don’t know the prognosis, but hopefully he’s able to walk again one day.

Rikadyn
January 5th, 2023, 01:10 PM
Lol then how are all these people wearing more high-quality masks, 102-105 years later, all still alive? Does he blame it on the microchips?

She.

More like it's a conspiracy that they work and most of the deaths have been caused by the masks rather than covid.

I mean these are people who think democrats harvest the blood of children...

Tom Servo
January 5th, 2023, 01:27 PM
I saw one of the more well known "QAnon" luminaries on Truth Social positing that there are only three possibilities with Hamlin.

Damar Hamlin is brain dead
Damar Hamlin is completely dead
"They" are covering it up to hide what vaccines do

Notably missing from the list - what's actually happening.

Crazed_Insanity
January 5th, 2023, 01:32 PM
This is what happens when 2 sides ignore each other. Their perceived realities diverge further and further away.

I'm being ignored by both sides, but I do try to peek in what each side is up to. Hopefully with perspectives from 'both sides', I can see reality a bit more clearly? Fingers crossed. ;)

FaultyMario
January 5th, 2023, 02:15 PM
[...] Three possibilities with Hamlin.

Imma let you finish but... that guy is not dead?

FaultyMario
January 5th, 2023, 02:23 PM
"I can't make fun of those girls basing their personalities on Wednesday because mine is clearly feeding off George Constanza's".

- Some Guy on the Internet.

Tom Servo
January 5th, 2023, 04:21 PM

That's just what they *want* you to think.

MR2 Fan
January 5th, 2023, 06:40 PM

Fake NewZ!! It's ALL CG like the moon landing and the JFK assassination

Yw-slayer
January 5th, 2023, 06:57 PM
She.

More like it's a conspiracy that they work and most of the deaths have been caused by the masks rather than covid.

I mean these are people who think democrats harvest the blood of children...

You better not tell her that there is this thing called The Internet where people who live in China can post stuff online.

Tom Servo
January 5th, 2023, 07:50 PM
China isn't real. Just like Australia. Prove me wrong, shills.

Rare White Ape
January 5th, 2023, 08:27 PM
I saw one of the more well known "QAnon" luminaries on Truth Social positing that there are only three possibilities with Hamlin.

"They" are covering it up to hide what vaccines do

Notably missing from the list - what's actually happening.

The bloke copped a charge to the chest and blood stopped flowing into his brain on camera and they're using the incident as a pole on which to pin their shitty flag.

Cunts.

Tom Servo
January 5th, 2023, 09:41 PM
Cunts indeed.

Yw-slayer
January 6th, 2023, 05:08 AM
China isn't real. Just like Australia. Prove me wrong, shills.

Ror

Rikadyn
January 6th, 2023, 02:32 PM
Ror

Yea...sad thing is that it's not that far from the truth... She believes everyone in China is brainwashed because "communist" but at the same time believes that Russia is the world's best country...

There are only two people at my job who think this way. There is not enough weed in the world to save you if you get stuck with both of them.

At one point they thought clouds were government spraying chemicals, not just the usual Chem trail bullshit... Regular clouds...

Tom Servo
January 6th, 2023, 02:46 PM
Hah, I got into a kerfuffle with a guy on Nextdoor who posted a shot of cirrocumulus stratiformis (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cirrocumulus_stratiformis) clouds and insisted it was evidence of a government conspiracy to spread toxins in the sky. Claimed he'd never seen clouds like that before 2016 or something like that. They are exceedingly common clouds.

He also insisted that the fact that jets were flying over where he took the shot was proof also, as no flight patterns would match that. I posted the approach charts for LAX and showed that planes coming in from the Pacific on normal days follow that route, directly where he was under, before making a long 180 right hand turn into final approach and that also was not enough to convince him.

Rare White Ape
January 7th, 2023, 12:44 AM
We had a few hundred anti-vax cookers on the cooker convoy to Canberra last year, in a makeshift protest camp with exceedingly poor hygiene and a bunch of them fell ill.

They, being of the conspiracist type, figured out that it was 5G and government sonic weapons making them sick.

Not one of them thought to consider the spread of COVID in the camp, or the fact that they were basically wallowing in their own shit for a month.

Tom Servo
January 7th, 2023, 08:52 AM
Hahah, same exact thing happened here with our convoy.

It's a very Principal Skinner "No, it's the children who are wrong" thing. It couldn't possibly be the obvious answer.

FaultyMario
January 19th, 2023, 03:27 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fm3nDrAXEBQz83M.jpg

Fan of Greta, idol for Barney.

RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snZKnES4ng4

FaultyMario
May 24th, 2023, 11:05 AM
Tina Turner was 83?

What the heck? In 2000 I would've thought she was 55, tops.

RIP

JoshInKC
May 25th, 2023, 10:59 AM
RIP Burner, way too good and strong for this world.

Crazed_Insanity
May 25th, 2023, 01:31 PM
Tina Turner was 83?

What the heck? In 2000 I would've thought she was 55, tops.

RIP

I think she looks like she’s in her 40s/50s for a long long time as if time is frozen for her. Yeah, I would not have guessed that she’s 83. RIP Tina.

FaultyMario
April 30th, 2024, 07:58 PM
Paul Auster dead at 77.

May the earth rest lightly on him.

Fiat500
May 1st, 2024, 12:54 AM
Oh, that's sad. I read him a lot in the late nineties, and sporadically since. I'll have to catch up.

FaultyMario
May 5th, 2024, 12:43 PM
Paul Auster dead at 77.

May the earth rest lightly on him.

And now El Flaco is gone.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GM1jB5NXUAADWd8.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GM1pwvsW0AACclz.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GM16tbeXUAALaL_.jpg

No you were not telling a bunch of kids how to kick a ball, you were showing the world that poetry can be written anywhere and that no words are needed for it.

FaultyMario
May 8th, 2024, 05:02 PM
Steve Albini?, SRSLY?

Auster, Menotti & Albini? Fuck you, May of 2024!!