PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP 2024

JoeW
March 25th, 2024, 02:43 AM
All things MotoGP in 2024 :)

Dicknose
March 25th, 2024, 11:02 AM
Ok Ill hump on your new thread...

Pecco crashing does make the season a bit more interesting. Both seemed surprised by what happened!
Acosta is looking the goods.

Still waiting for a ding-dong battle for the lead.

Freude am Fahren
March 25th, 2024, 11:56 AM
I was just about to renew my MotoGP Video pass when I found out all sessions will be on Max this year, which I get with my phone plan, so I save $150 or whatever it is.

I really don't like to commentator team as much as the Vid Pass one but for nothing, I'll deal with it.

Dicknose
March 26th, 2024, 11:58 AM
Up till maybe 2 years ago Australia had it on free to air tv. Now it's on a pay tv channel, but its the main sports provider so many people would have it.

Do you know who the commentators are?

Freude am Fahren
March 26th, 2024, 12:53 PM
I think it's Gavin Emmett and Neil Hodgson?

JoeW
March 26th, 2024, 07:22 PM
I love Portugal btw. Just a fun track.

Definitely haven’t seen a ding dong for the lead in quite some time.

I wonder what has happened to the MotoGP dynamics to push all the old big boys…Honda/Suzuki/Yamaha…right out of the game?

Freude am Fahren
March 27th, 2024, 01:13 PM
I think the Japanese manufacturers all got caught sleeping in the Aero/Electronics/ride-height stuff of the last few years.

Dicknose
March 28th, 2024, 01:27 PM
Not sure what happened to them.
Motorsport can be a funny game when small rules change but it changes the balance of power between manufacturers.
I guess there can also be a bit of complacency.
MotoGP does have different testing rules that is suppose to help the lower placed manufacturers.

But seems a while ago now that Honda and Yamaha dominated.

Rare White Ape
April 1st, 2024, 02:54 AM
Liberty Media acquires 86% of Dorna, thus taking ownership of MotoGP and the World Superbike Championship.
https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2024/04/01/liberty-media-announces-acquisition-of-motogp/493938

JoeW
April 1st, 2024, 08:01 AM
Same people that own F1?

FaultyMario
April 1st, 2024, 08:27 AM
I thought that was an April fool's prank.

Rare White Ape
April 1st, 2024, 02:53 PM
Awkward day to announce it yeah, but this is real.

Dicknose
April 1st, 2024, 07:55 PM
Not sure if that’s good or not.
Probably not much changes, they seemed to announce a lot of “leadership remains the same”

Rare White Ape
April 2nd, 2024, 05:04 AM
“leadership remains the same”

But previous owners make billions (in 2006 Dorna bought back its ownership from CVC Capital Partners - past owners of F1 - for $400M, last year it was possibly valued at $2Bn, and was sold this week for $4Bn) while ongoing profit goes to Liberty.

Fiat500
April 14th, 2024, 12:42 PM
COTA certainly was watchable. Flag to flag, hardly a dull moment.

Rare White Ape
April 14th, 2024, 03:13 PM
Yeah I’d rate that as a fantastic race. Young Pedro is already kicking ass and taking names.

JoeW
April 15th, 2024, 03:22 AM
Yeah that was a banger. I watched the sprint and knew Vinales and Marquez were going to be fast. I think Marquez caught a slick spot on the ground. That was not a normal low side…he was still very much upright. The yellow Duc put down some lubricants when it exploded. I bet quite a few of the crashes were helped by that. On a bike it only takes a misting of oil or coolant to cause a bike to go down when they are already on the edge of adhesion.

But it’s only a matter of time when Acosta starts winning…and doesn’t stop :)

Kchrpm
April 15th, 2024, 11:20 AM
This thread reminds me to find it on YouTube, thank you! Usually YouTube suggests it immediately but I must have missed it.

Fiat500
April 28th, 2024, 11:30 AM
Another highly entertaining weekend.
The sprint race even had almost slapstick moments.

Impressive race by Bagnaia.

Marquez seems to be back, for better or worse. I fear he's going to cause something (again) one of these days.

JoeW
May 12th, 2024, 01:43 PM
Pretty good race in France.

JoeW
May 25th, 2024, 06:04 AM
Serious banger in Catalyuna Sprint Race.

Fiat500
May 26th, 2024, 11:51 AM
Good one on Sunday as well.
Great race by Bagnaia.
And how about Acosta, getting back into the points after sliding off earlier in the race.

Rare White Ape
May 28th, 2024, 08:40 PM
And how about Acosta, getting back into the points after sliding off earlier in the race.

And still finishing ahead of every one of the Hondas.

Dicknose
June 6th, 2024, 04:15 PM
And the big lineup musical chairs for next year.
Martin jumped ship from Ducati to Aprillia. He was in the running for the factory Ducati seat, but announced this prior to Ducati saying who they chose. Many think he was told it wasn’t him but given a window to act, so he saved face by looking like he made a decision.
So Marc to Ducati factory, giving them 2 multi world champs.

Miller looks like he might struggle for a spot. Nice guy but I think his time has come and gone.

Freude am Fahren
June 6th, 2024, 05:25 PM
Yeah, sad to see Miller go, always liked him, but he seemed to self-sabotage a lot, crashing from the lead, or on a big run up through the pack.

I imagine Acosta will be on the Factory KTM next year?

Dicknose
June 6th, 2024, 10:11 PM
Yup Acosta confirmed

JoeW
June 7th, 2024, 06:38 AM
Then KTM will have a championship soon as well.