PDA

View Full Version : iRacing

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Cam
April 28th, 2020, 04:36 PM
I am regretting getting my A license. It's even harder to keep your SR up once you are A class. I just did a race where idiots gave me 12x. I lost .45 SR. :mad:

Off the line, the guy ahead of me was slow off the line. I attempted to go around him and he just turned into me. Then, a fast dude that recovered from an earlier off-track excursion bumped me twice while he was behind me for 8x. Sooo aggravating.

Cam
April 29th, 2020, 01:10 PM
I won the protest against flashy-lights dude. It's nice to see a-holes get what is coming to them.

Cam
April 30th, 2020, 08:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbDVeI6qrD8

Cam
May 1st, 2020, 06:40 PM
This week has just been a shit show for me in iRacing. Since the Nurb 24H, it seems like every person I'm near on track wrecks me. I am about to make my fifth report this week. My SR has dropped 1.8 points. :smh:

Cam
May 1st, 2020, 07:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqVqt6KaDb8

Rare White Ape
May 1st, 2020, 07:42 PM
*TARGET ACQUIRED*

DEET DEET DEET DEET DEET BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

*TARGET DESTROYED*

Yobbo NZ
May 1st, 2020, 08:47 PM
Can't really even contest that was accidental.

retsmah
May 2nd, 2020, 12:18 PM
If that was not intentional it's gotta be the most optimistic late braking I've ever seen!

I spent a while trying to see if I could find an old onboard video I had from a SPEED World Challenge car in like 2007 or 2008. There was a driver who was usually not very competitive that was actually running pretty quick, I think it was probably the first time in the series he had a car in front of him that was getting closer rather than further away. He totally overshot a braking zone at one point though, didn't even hit the car in front of him, kinda went off the inside and hit the car two positions ahead in a similar manner to the truck taking Cam out.

Had an eventful race at phillip's island, I had my computer crash in qualifying, ended up starting almost at the back of the grid. Had a bunch of clean passes, but also had two incidents... I think the first one was not really my fault, the second one was a little more questionable, I think after being stuck behind the guy for a couple laps I got a little impatient.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwwrooiPWfY&feature=youtu.be

Rare White Ape
May 2nd, 2020, 02:28 PM
Yeah first one was definitely your corner. A brave move into T11! Impressive.

Second one wasn’t yours to begin with but you muscled it in there again, but once your nose cone was up alongside the other car’s cockpit then it was time for them to give you the room.

retsmah
May 2nd, 2020, 02:42 PM
The first one I wasn't even thinking about passing through there, the dude just locked up going into the corner and was off line and slow on the exit, before I really had a chance to react I was alongside him.

I need to work on my patience towards the end of the race, at the beginning I'm usually pretty good about not being too aggressive but I seem to be more easily frustrated towards the end of a race.

Cam
May 2nd, 2020, 05:41 PM
I don't what the eff is going on this week. I've been wrecked out of races about a dozen times. I seriously have a magnet in my car(s). I was just wrecked out of two dirt road races in a row. :smh:

Edit: Make that three races in a row. :|

Yobbo NZ
May 3rd, 2020, 12:57 AM
Can I join that club too?
Did a race with the Kia Optima, at Silverstone, qualified 3rd in class, rolling start, all ok for 3/4 of the first lap.
Get slammed into on the left turning into the last corner(the right hander before the start/finish straight).
L/F of the car is all bent, but obviously have something wrong as it doesn't like right hand corners much.
Lap times have dropped from a 2.00ish in qualy, to around 2.03 - 04.
Guy behind is catching.... outbrakes himself when a Cadillac tries passing both of us, guy in the Kia goes off.
Catches me up again, same corner as above, brakes way too late and slams into the back of me.
My car is now slower, thanks.
In the end, finished 6th in class and lost a shit ton of iracing.

Cam
May 3rd, 2020, 09:41 AM
I'm like, "Surely my bad luck can't continue." :lol: Fourth race in a row I've been wrecked out. :|

Yobbo NZ
May 3rd, 2020, 04:21 PM
It makes me wonder how many have their spotter turned off.
Sure it's not realistic in most cars/series, but it helps.
I run Crew chief and find that pretty good and very informative, especially running multiclass racing as it gives a lot of warning of faster cars coming.

Cam
May 3rd, 2020, 06:34 PM
I use the "Relative" screen (F3) so I know what cars are near or approaching me. Plus, I actually pay attention to my mirror and what is happening around me.

Had a few better races today. I've gone back to starting races from the pits. It's still pretty tough though and does not always work, as cars are spinning and crashing in front of me. My SR is going back up, but my iRating is plummeting.

Yobbo NZ
May 4th, 2020, 12:21 AM
My road SR is currently D 4.77, iRacing....somewhere around 1145.
It's hard to find a good split with good racing and not full of dicks who can't use mirrors, relative, spotter or common sense!
I've started doing maybe only 1 or 2 races a day and more time trials at the moment.
Probably explains why my SR is up there.

Yobbo NZ
May 4th, 2020, 12:22 AM
Damn auto correct keeps putting iRacing and not iRating.

Cam
May 4th, 2020, 06:57 AM
I kind of regret buying the Nissan GTP-ZX. I have never seen enough people driving the series to make an official race. :(

retsmah
May 4th, 2020, 12:53 PM
Thinking about trying out a different series, the last four races of the B class VRS Sprint Series are on tracks I own, while F3 is at a track I don't this week.

I like driving the F3 car but it is really hard to make it though a race without someone driving into the back of you, not sure if a B class series will be any better though!

retsmah
May 4th, 2020, 04:08 PM
Ok definitely time to try a new series, had some guy run into the back of me on the second corner while i just lifted off the throttle for two cars spinning across the track in front of us.

Cam
May 4th, 2020, 07:41 PM
Every series is mixed for me. I am not sure you can avoid the goofballs.

Cam
May 5th, 2020, 05:44 PM
Lodged another protest today for intentional wrecking. :smh:

In other news, I won my first SRF race! I was #3 in the lower split at Catalunya. I qualified a second ahead of P2. I thought, "Surely someone messed up their qualifying." I got into the lead in turn one and put a big gap between me and the battle for second. It was a lonely and uneventful race. Those do not come very often these days.

Cam
May 6th, 2020, 06:47 PM
I won a Porsche Cup race at Catalunya! I got put in the second split and qualified fifth. Turn one was a shit-show, of course. I went wide and avoided the spinning cars and was in second going into the parabolica. The leader went straight off the road in turn four, gifting me the lead! I had some breathing room for a while, but I noticed a guy catching me fast, then disappeared. They caught me again and put pressure on for a few laps, then disappeared again. I cruised the last two laps with a healthy lead. It was very satisfying. Lapped car nearly took me out at one point. He took the inside and braked early. I thought he was letting me go, but he challenged me into the corner. We touched for 0x, but I was knocked wide and took 1x for going off-track.

dodint
May 7th, 2020, 10:47 AM
Nice to see you string a few together after your troubles following the N24.

If you stay with the SRF I highly encourage you to join the SRF Weekend Warriors league. Great group of racers and it's a broadcast league.

Kchrpm
May 7th, 2020, 11:13 AM
I won a Porsche Cup race at Catalunya! I got put in the second split and qualified fifth. Turn one was a shit-show, of course. I went wide and avoided the spinning cars and was in second going into the parabolica. The leader went straight off the road in turn four, gifting me the lead! I had some breathing room for a while, but I noticed a guy catching me fast, then disappeared. They caught me again and put pressure on for a few laps, then disappeared again. I cruised the last two laps with a healthy lead. It was very satisfying. Lapped car nearly took me out at one point. He took the inside and braked early. I thought he was letting me go, but he challenged me into the corner. We touched for 0x, but I was knocked wide and took 1x for going off-track.

WE HAVE A WINNER! :D

Cam
May 7th, 2020, 12:24 PM
If you stay with the SRF...

Man, I race a dozen different cars regularly; SRF, Fanatec Global Challenge (Caddy), Pro Mazda, Porsche Cup, Le Mans Series (911 RSR), Global Mazda Cup, Advanced Mazda Cup, iRX (Beetle), Pro Trucks (all three), SLPCC (Solstice last season, Mazda this season), Radical Challenge, and now V8 Supercars. I do at least one race a day. I am getting my money's worth out of iRacing. :D

retsmah
May 8th, 2020, 11:33 AM
So far the B class VRS Sprint series seems cleaner than the C class F3 series, still far from perfect though! It is nice that the car can take a hit and potentially keep going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzBr0lhBt9Q&feature=youtu.be

Cam
May 8th, 2020, 04:01 PM
Pro Mazda is on an oval this week. :thppt:

I raced the Lotus 79 at Monza earlier. I just went for iRacing's default low-downforce set. I was still getting clobbered on the straights. Clearly the low DF set is not low enough.

Rare White Ape
May 8th, 2020, 07:19 PM
So far the B class VRS Sprint series seems cleaner than the C class F3 series, still far from perfect though! It is nice that the car can take a hit and potentially keep going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzBr0lhBt9Q&feature=youtu.be

This video is fantastic.

Cam
May 15th, 2020, 06:00 PM
This just happened:
Racer in text chat just before the green light: "clean race plz"
They wrecked me a few laps in. :smh:

Cam
May 17th, 2020, 04:27 PM
I am the unluckiest dude in iRacing today. I wanted to build up my SR, so I started a race from the pits. Just as I was exiting the pits, a dude that was involved in a start line collision pulled into the pit lane exit. Of course, I could not avoid him. :smh:

Yobbo NZ
May 17th, 2020, 07:36 PM
I took myself out of the class lead in the Kia at Belle Isle yesterday with only 3 laps left.
Running around 3.5 - 4 seconds ahead of the next Kia, entered the right hander before the back straight, glanced over at the relative.....gave it a little too much throttle, oh crap where did that wall on the left come from.
Smashed hard into that, limped back to the pits, ended up last.
I was rather annoyed at myself for that.

Cam
May 18th, 2020, 04:20 PM
Start Radical race from second row. Get wrecked in T1. Get back on track and pass several cars. Get utterly divebombed and wrecked again. Surely my luck has to turn around some time. :thppt:

/me goes to submit yet another protest. I submit like 3-4 protests a week.

retsmah
May 18th, 2020, 05:12 PM
I've managed three incident free races in a row, my SR has gone from I think B 3.7 to A 4.6. Last race was 40 minutes of GT3 cars at Tsubuka, which somehow was the least dramatic of any race I've done recently.

Cam
May 19th, 2020, 11:17 AM
My SR is down to 2.5 again, thanks to wreckers. :smh:

Cam
May 23rd, 2020, 06:11 PM
Got my SR back up to 3.6 or so thanks to several start-from-the-pit races.

Cam
May 24th, 2020, 10:37 AM
I've done a lot of racing in the past few days. I've started every race from the pits. My iRating has stayed pretty even, but my SR is now back up to 4.5. Who knew that races are more enjoyable when you don't get wrecked out?

Cam
May 24th, 2020, 07:08 PM
I did a race in the Lotus 79 earlier today. The very next race, I did the Cayman GT4 at the same track. I felt like I was racing in slow motion. :lol:

Yobbo NZ
May 24th, 2020, 08:16 PM
Fanatec global challenge is at Summit Point races at this current week. What a shit show that track is with these cars.
Way too narrow for large cars.
I did my one race to count for the week and that's it no more.
It was made more humorous though being in a European server and the various accents all abusing each other.

Tom Servo
May 25th, 2020, 02:23 PM
Heh, I just did my first race in a long time in the Cadillac at Summit Point. Was pretty fun - I'm slower than I used to be so I have an artificially high iRating, which lead me to be about a second off the pace, but that meant I started in the back of the fast cars and kept mostly out of trouble despite a pileup at the first hairpin in front of me.

Is there any way in the beta UI to see your list of results beyond the "recent" ones and see things like what the effect of an event was on your IR and SR? I could only find that by going back to the "classic website".

Cam
May 25th, 2020, 03:02 PM
You have to wait a few minutes for your most recent race to show up in the results. It should tell you what affect a race has on your ratings.

In other news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99FDndQnpgA

Cam
May 25th, 2020, 06:43 PM
Came third in a five lap race in the Radical at the ‘Ring with a mere 2x. I only gained a very meager amount to my SR. All I did was survive attrition. I think there were 13 cars in the race. My 2x was for a half-spin I did entering the last lap after accidentally hitting first gear. :smh:

retsmah
May 25th, 2020, 06:56 PM
Hah Trucked is a great description of what happened to you there.

Decided to jump into the D class F3 sprint series that just switched over to Lime Rock Park, had one of the best races I've had in a long time! I put a clip of the last few laps here, although I was racing with the teal car for several laps before this as well. He made a mistake on the last lap that let me get by... passing here is tough! I was getting a good run on him on the second to last corner, but even leaving the right gap and timing that run just right I was still barely able to get alongside him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFfW570nCZU

Tom Servo
May 25th, 2020, 07:57 PM
You have to wait a few minutes for your most recent race to show up in the results. It should tell you what affect a race has on your ratings.

Oh I see it, way over on the left side of the display.

Still weird that I can only see recent results though.

Cam
May 26th, 2020, 04:12 AM
The standalone UI is missing features, for sure. I use it, but you still have to visit the web site for stats. When I first signed up, there was a greyed-out “Stats (Coming Soon)” button in the menu. It disappeared. :rolleyes:

Cam
May 27th, 2020, 01:45 PM
Le Mans is a month out. I've signed up to do the race with another team, but they have eight drivers. The leaders seem reluctant to race a second car unless they have ten+ drivers. Anyone interested in doing the 24h du Mans with a GTXF team? :hard:

Date: June 20-21
Timeslot #1 - Saturday 01:00 GMT | Friday 9PM Eastern
Timeslot #2 - Saturday 13:00 GMT | Saturday 9AM Eastern

Cam
May 29th, 2020, 04:36 PM
I'll take the silence as a no. :lol:

Yobbo NZ
May 29th, 2020, 05:51 PM
Give me a year or two and you might get a maybe. :D
I got called out for "Bad driving" a couple of nights ago.
Production class racing at Charlotte roval.
Qualified 2nd in the Solstice class about 14th overall.
First corner was a typical shitfest, some guy took out about 8 cars including me.
3 min tow to pits, went a lap down and 6th and last in class.

Now angry and focused, stormed back out, got to around lap 21 and had to pit for fuel.
All good there. Got a warning from crew chief about a car on exit, lift off and let him pass before rejoining.
Followed this guy, who was driving an MX5 for a lap, he was holding me up!
Got to the twisty inner section next lap around, he was driving like a muppet, hence why I was able to keep up.
He turned in too early at the corner before coming on to the banking, slowed and over corrected, then had another go at turning left ( not really a hard corner). He cocked that up again, dropped down to 2nd gear and this caught me by surprise, so I naturally gave him a touch up while hard on the brakes and he spun.
Looking at the replay, I really had nowhere to go or expect such a change in speed from him. But my fault apparently :lol:
Well done to that guy with his 820 iRating after 100+ races I'm sure he's going to be a star.

Oh and I ended up 2nd, a lap down on the leader. Shame that, as his pace was similar to mine, so could have been a good race.

Tom Servo
May 29th, 2020, 09:25 PM
I'll take the silence as a no. :lol:

It's honestly so rare that I can make it through a 25 minute race without cocking it up that there's no way I want to make teammates reliant on me.

dodint
May 31st, 2020, 08:35 AM
What car?

Cam
June 3rd, 2020, 05:04 PM
Doesn't really matter now.

Almost nine gigabyte update this week!

Yobbo NZ
June 4th, 2020, 12:54 AM
Wow, might have to log in and get it.
Haven't and won't be able to do any racing for a couple of weeks, had another hernia operation on Friday just gone.
Getting withdrawals already.
On another note, I either stupidly or rather wisely purchased a new monitor....
https://www.umart.com.au/AOC-34in-WQHD-VA-140Hz-FreeSync-Curved-Gaming-Monitor--CU34G2X_54626G.html

Hope that shows up.
I know my PC doesn't have the grunt to run that at it's proper capacity, but it's a work in progress.

Tom Servo
June 6th, 2020, 02:47 PM
Finally picked up the F3. I should have done that a while ago, that's a fun little car.

Cam
June 6th, 2020, 03:07 PM
I tried the Indy Pro today. In my opinion, it just does not have the same magic as the Formula Mazda. :(

Tom Servo
June 6th, 2020, 04:14 PM
Fuck me, I know it's week 13 but I just got my first win in I don't know how many years. I'm not even sure how I did it, gridded 4th and didn't really pass anyone, just occasionally I'd look down and I'd be a position further up.

Cam
June 6th, 2020, 04:30 PM
A win's a win! :hard:

Tom Servo
June 6th, 2020, 06:10 PM
Hell yeah it is. Somehow managed to hold it together and came out with 0 incidents (though since it was a week 13 screwing around race, it didn't actually change anything). That said, my big problem is normally I fuck up in some way when my mind wanders or I start overdriving because someone's catching up to me, and I managed not to do that. I do kinda wish I'd paid attention to how much fuel I needed though, I'm pretty sure I was heavier than everyone else out there.

Cam
June 9th, 2020, 02:33 PM
I just had a disastrous race in the Caddy at Laguna Seca. I spun in official practice, then I spun in qualifying twice. Both count toward SR, but only by half. Since I did not set a qualifying lap, I started at the back of the field of Caddies but ahead of the Kias. The pace lap was so sloppy, there were several Kias ahead of me by the time it went green. The lead Kia was supposed to be beside me. The usual first lap chaos ensued. I inexplicably got 4x, despite not appearing to come in contact with anyone. Later in the race, I spun twice. On the last lap, I caught up to another Caddy, which disappeared from my screen. Two corners later, it reappeared right on top of me. I got 4x for it, then it disappeared again. I finished the race and stopped at the end of the straight. The car that disappeared hammered me at full speed, giving me another 4x. After reviewing the replay, I can only guess that he was extracting revenge on me for the lag-contact that was totally out of my control. My SR dropped a whole point. :(

retsmah
June 12th, 2020, 12:36 PM
Fuck me, I know it's week 13 but I just got my first win in I don't know how many years. I'm not even sure how I did it, gridded 4th and didn't really pass anyone, just occasionally I'd look down and I'd be a position further up.

Man I was also surprisingly competitive with way less incidents than I would have expected in those week 13 battle of the little wings races, I kind of wish they counted! I had one win and a few more podiums.

My iRating is in a weird place, I'm pretty much always now in races where I qualify dead last and then finish mid pack by just keeping the car on track. I ended up in the top split for indy pro at watkins glen, was running 5 seconds off the pace of the leader. Still managed a 13th place finish and another little bump in iR.

I'm getting better at running incident free ~45 minute races, and am getting more comfortable in the GT cars, I could potentially see doing a team endurance event at some point.

Cam
June 12th, 2020, 01:31 PM
I would be able to do better if it were not for wreckers. :rolleyes:

Just finished a race where I started from the pit. I caught up to a car pretty quickly and got up beside him on the front straight. I was slightly ahead and braked even later than normal for turn one. He braked later than I did, lost control, and crashed us both. :smh: I do not get why dudes will fight SO HARD for last place, especially with someone who readily caught up to them.

Kchrpm
June 13th, 2020, 10:02 AM
They don't want to be in last, and it's likely that you're the first person that they have been close to during the race.

Still stupid, though.

Cam
June 14th, 2020, 07:13 PM
I made the terrible decision to do an hour-long race in the Porsche 919, with baseline set, having never driven it before. I went off-track numerous times during my first qualifying lap, so much so that I got a warning. I did a clean, yet horrifically slow, second lap and qualified third in class out of seven cars. The five ARX-01s in the race qualified faster, but gridded behind me due to the class separation. First of all, the two LMP1s ahead of me totally jumped the start. As soon as the pace car was out of the way they took off. :erm: Oh well. I was not going to keep up with them anyway. It did not take long for a couple of ARXs to catch me. I just let them go, as I was still learning the car. I just did my laps and kept it pretty clean. I got lapped in what seemed like no time. I expected that. I pitted half-way and started to get a hang of the car by then.

I started catching the guys ahead of me. I caught up to another 919 in Gulf colours and passed him pretty easily. As soon as that happened, a GTE car lost it in front of me and I had to go off track to avoid a collision. That allowed Gulf to pass me back. I caught up to him again in not too much time. As soon as we got to a straight, he took off like he had rockets attached. WTF? It happened several times before I realized the car has KERS! Here I was driving the whole race without using it. I read about it after the race. It automatically deploys out of corners, but you can map a push-to-use button that manually deploys it to a certain limit per lap.

Shortly thereafter, the leader came around to lap us both. Under braking, he took out Gulf, throwing them both off the track and gifting me fourth, third in class. I was catching the lead ARX, but I ran out of time. I think the 919 really needs a set... and a button mapped for KERS. :lol:

Cam
June 15th, 2020, 05:15 PM
The 24H du Mans is this Saturday. Session starts at 09h00 Eastern. I will be driving with Gone Broke Racing again. They are a good crew of safe and consistent drivers. I think we're going to have seven drivers. I will be doing a live stream again. Watch for it on my channel and do not forget to like and subscribe! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsxn4bjBUEh_zUuGwTFDsfg

Cam
June 17th, 2020, 05:37 AM
This was a pretty good race for me. I streamed one-hour practice Le Mans race last night for the upcoming 24H. I was one of the lowest iRatings in the room, in the fourth split of five. I was #32. I qualified 13th. A few spots in the video of note: Lap one, of course, where most of the action happed. About half-way through the race, I was following another faster racer to take advantage of the draft. The last lap or two I made up a few spots. I preserved my tires, where others had obviously abused theirs. The last lap at the end of Mulsanne, a competitor tried to block me and he got spun because of it. I had 0x up to that point. :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPforpQZBzU

Kchrpm
June 17th, 2020, 07:14 AM
Saved to watch later :up:

FaultyMario
June 17th, 2020, 12:47 PM
The last lap at the end of Mulsanne, a competitor tried to block me and he got spun because of it. I had 0x up to that point. :mad:

Is it because of my skewed point of view or was the darker Porsche overly aggressive in the previous straight, as well?

Cam
June 17th, 2020, 02:26 PM
You are not wrong. Dude was just a douche.

Cam
June 18th, 2020, 12:25 PM
Godammit, I have the worst luck in this sim sometimes. What can I do against idiots? Started a Caddy race at the 'Ring. "I'll just play it safe." I said. Green flag dropped, what's the guy in front of me do? Slows down, of course! WTF? I think he was trying to let me go, I guess. On the exit of a corner is not the place to do it when there's a car directly behind you. Got 4x for that. Later in the lap, I caught a car that was obviously driving damaged. I slowed way down to make a safe pass. He pulled over to the right side of the track, in the grass even. I accelerated to pass, he lost control and I hit him. WTF? Got 4x from that. Goodbye SR. :smh:

Cam
June 18th, 2020, 02:54 PM
My luck turns around; 24th to 3rd!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzmXx44LCXY

retsmah
June 18th, 2020, 07:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alvOe2qdBdk

One of those times where halfway down the straight you just know this moron is going to crash into you. With Tina from Bob's Burgers doing voiceover.

Cam
June 18th, 2020, 07:32 PM
Well done. :lol:

Cam
June 18th, 2020, 08:19 PM
24 Hours of Le Mans this Saturday! Live stream link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoC4lTVE5R8

Freude am Fahren
June 19th, 2020, 03:24 AM
Damn, I'm getting home a day early, so I could have joined your earlier invite afterall, although I would have been very out of practice.

Good luck! I'll be checking in throughout the weekend.

Rare White Ape
June 19th, 2020, 05:51 AM
Yep, ditto. I'll pop into your live stream as often as I can.

I LOVED watching the 24H LM Virtual, and even though this is a much more low-key affair I still love to see La Sarthe at night.

Cam
June 20th, 2020, 05:14 AM
iRacing's servers are really overloaded right now. I can't even register. Live stream may be delayed. Luckily, my lead team mate is already in and practicing.

Cam
June 22nd, 2020, 03:03 PM
The 24 Hours of Le Mans could have been better. The first few laps kind of set the tone for the race, I guess. Our lead man got caught up with some spinners and had two collisions through no fault of his own. It necessitated 12+ minutes of repairs, putting us 3 laps down, and in 50th position, almost immediately. The car was a second or two a lap slower now. Once things settled down, we slowly made our way back up to as high as 25th position. Around the 18 hour mark, I went wide and took a bad bounce over a curb in the S de Tetre Rouge. I lost control and hit the wall, doing damage to the suspension. I did not think I hit that hard, so I attempted to continue. It was obvious that something was very wrong, as the car was nearly undriveable. Just as I said to my team mate over TeamSpeak, "I think I need a tow." I lost control of the car and spun into the path of another car going full speed. It did massive damage to both cars. :(

I got a tow and the car needed an hour's worth of repairs. I felt so awful about the incident that I was nauseous. The other team berated me via text chat. I apologized to the two drivers of their team that were on the server. I understand their frustration. Not only did I let the our team down, but I took another team with me. That made it a double-whammy. Both teams completed repairs and got back on track. Alas, the car was down on top speed after that. The other team, after doing a lap or two, quit out of the race, despite the fact they could have finished. We had an uneventful final six hours and finished 37th.

I sent a very apologetic message to all three of the other team who's race I ruined. My team were cool about it, telling me to not feel so bad, as they've all been there. I hope to redeem myself in future endurance races. In fact, I will probably be doing a 12 hour race this week-end with them. :cool:

Cam
June 22nd, 2020, 03:35 PM
In other news, I just won another SRF race. I had the top rating in my split and qualified 2nd. The P1 driver was about two seconds faster and P3 was a second slower. P1 discoed on the grid, so I had an easy cruise to victory. A win is a win!

After that, I did a Porsche 911 Cup race. I qualified mid-pack out of 24 cars, so I decided to start from the pits. I quickly made it up to the top-ten, thanks to all the cars going off-track. One of the faster guys that went off earlier caught up to me and spun me in Mulsanne corner. :rolleyes: He apologized after the race. Claimed he was caught out by my early braking. Uh, that's where I normally brake. :| I finished 10th.

Rare White Ape
June 22nd, 2020, 07:27 PM
As Valentino Rossi says, “Is racing.”

Sometimes is good, sometimes is bad.

But racing is better than not racing.

Cam
June 24th, 2020, 01:18 PM
Probably doing the 12 hour race at Silverstone in the Porsche Cayman Saturday.

Cam
June 26th, 2020, 07:54 AM
12 Hour of Silverstone live stream link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rm39IxcKVA

dodint
June 26th, 2020, 10:25 AM
*sets reminder*

Rare White Ape
June 26th, 2020, 01:23 PM
Good luck Cam :up:

dodint
June 27th, 2020, 08:53 PM
Much calmer outing this time. ;)

Cam
June 28th, 2020, 04:07 AM
Yeah, it was alright. I feel like we could have at least got a top five if it were not for the incidents late in the race. We'll get 'em next time. We got put in a higher split, so we were against some faster guys. Had I lead the race instead, we could have had a lower split due to my lower iRating.

Anyone here interested in doing some six-hour endurance races? :D It seems like there is one almost every week-end (when there is not a 12 or 24 hour race on.)

dodint
June 28th, 2020, 10:46 AM
I am, but later in the year. That kind of driving lends itself to my strengths in that it's more about consistency at 95% rather than balls out to 101% the whole time.

But I just packed my sim rig up and it's in the basement of my other house. Probably won't be operational again until August/September.

Cam
July 4th, 2020, 05:06 PM
Three for one pass!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3xBsJL755A

Rare White Ape
July 4th, 2020, 11:33 PM
Lovely! I particularly like the swing back to the left to widen the line. I do the same thing. Pure art right there.

But also LOL at the green Porsche :lol:

Cam
July 5th, 2020, 03:01 AM
Yeah, Mr. Green is a jerk. :smh:

In other news, 24 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps is this week-end! I plan to stream it.

Cam
July 10th, 2020, 06:42 AM
Live stream linky!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkbGIO_eG1s

Kchrpm
July 10th, 2020, 07:40 AM
Reminder set!

Cam
July 12th, 2020, 06:50 AM
We finished 9th. I am very happy with a top-ten. There were almost 1,300 teams registered, divided into 24 splits. We were in split 14. Our race was car-crash free, but one of our guys had a sim-crash-to-dash while he was driving. We lost several spots as one of our other drivers jumped in. Later, he had a low-speed spin exiting the final chicane. Other than that, it was pretty uneventful. There were numerous on-track battles, especially early on. It came down to a nail-biter, as 8th through 10th were just a few seconds from each other. We came out of our final pit stop in 8th, but our close-out driver just could not hold off the guy behind. Exciting race. I had 1x for four hours of driving. :D

Rare White Ape
July 12th, 2020, 11:36 PM
Good racing Cam, well done to you and the team :up:

CudaMan
July 25th, 2020, 11:57 AM
Three for one pass!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3xBsJL755A

Setting 'em up, knockin' 'em down!

Cam
July 31st, 2020, 10:07 AM
Completed a race won by Bruno Senna. No additional info in their profile. Someone asked before the race if they were the F1 driver. They responded, "Not F1 for a long time."

FaultyMario
July 31st, 2020, 01:17 PM
And, how did it go?

Cam
August 1st, 2020, 08:36 AM
I spun it and finished near the back. :( I’ve been having bad luck with racing in the past week or so.

Just did a Le Mans series race at the ‘Ring. There were 34 cars in the race, I think. I started from the pits, as did at least three other cars. Near the end of lap one, I went wide and tagged the wall, necessitating a nine-minute pit stop for repairs. There was about 40 minutes left in the race when I exited the pits. I figured it would be close on fuel, but I thought I could make it if I did not push too hard. Approaching the end of the race, I could see that it was going to be short. I dialed back the engine map and drove really conservatively. The next closest car was three minutes back. I had “0.9” laps worth of fuel going into the last lap. I drove REALLY conservatively and sputtered across the finish line with my spotter telling me, “You’re out of fuel.” I finished 12th.

Cam
August 3rd, 2020, 04:49 PM
Doing the 12 Hours of Catalunya Saturday.

Cam
August 6th, 2020, 07:25 PM
Live stream link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Z9Ijns7W0

Cam
August 11th, 2020, 06:06 AM
Catalunya went pretty well, I think. We got put in the second split of seven, with 50+ teams in each split. We were put in the higher split because of the low number of GT4 teams. The majority of teams are were driving GT (3, E) classes. Our lead driver went off pretty early, then had trouble getting back past the lead TCR cars. That cost us some time. Stints in the Cayman are long, at 100+ minutes. I got in the car for a stint and got knocked off twice by GT cars. The first time, a Ferrari approached and flashed its lights, so I thought he was going to pass. I stayed wide, gifting him the inside of the upcoming corner. He drove straight into me instead. Rookie move for a second-split driver. :rolleyes: The second time, a GT car passed me, then immediately spun. I could not avoid a collision. We were recovering, collided again and we both went off-track. :lol: Comedy of errors. The rest of the race was pretty uneventful. We started 12th in class, 35th overall, I think. We finished 6th in class, 26th overall.

Cam
August 13th, 2020, 11:40 AM
iRacing's monthly top-ten highlight reel is 50% NASCAR races that involve a multi-car wreck. How is that a highlight? :smh:

I am happy to not race oval. :rolleyes:

dodint
August 13th, 2020, 04:03 PM
iRacing has a 25% off one-year subs for low lifes like me that are not currently subscribed. Might grab that or roll the dice and see if there are any Black Friday deals. There really weren't any good ones last year.

I qualify that statement with the fact that my sim rig is in pieces all over the house. :lol:

Cam
September 18th, 2020, 04:03 PM
I've decided to live stream my Gone Broke Racing team races. This season, we are doing 911 Cup races every Wednesday at 9:45pm Eastern Time and Supercars Thursday night at 10:15pm ET. We just do official sessions. We all have similar iRatings, so we are usually in the same split. I might stream some other random races here and there. Who knows.

This week, in the 911 Cup race, I was that guy in T1. :o I lost control of the car and took out another car. Pretty much ended my race. Supercars, however was pretty good for GBR. We were all at the top of the second split. The race started out well and I got up to third at the end of lap one, ahead of my GBR teammates. Eventually, they passed me. My pit stop was way too long, as I took on about 40 extra litres of fuel. It cost me 20 seconds. I was running fourth near the end, but one of the GBR guys tangled with a back-marker, which ended his race with two laps to go. I finished third.

Cam
September 19th, 2020, 01:56 PM
iRacing's August top ten: Eight of them are NASCAR, seven of which involve a giant multi-car wreck on the last lap. Uh, those are highlights? :smh:

Kchrpm
September 19th, 2020, 08:23 PM
I just watched that video. Who compiles them? I was hoping for more sports car dueling.

Cam
September 21st, 2020, 07:29 PM
Bathurst 1000 Saturday! The team is fielding two cars this time, as the race will only be about six hours.

Live stream starts around 9:00 am Eastern time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8FCbUoMJ_A

Rare White Ape
September 22nd, 2020, 12:53 AM
Oooh nice, good luck :up:

Cam
September 26th, 2020, 12:43 PM
Just finished the Bathurst 1000 and it was wicked. :) The GBR cars started 12th and 17th. I had a minor off early in the race, which allowed the other GBR car to get right on my bumper. We were basically tied together for 120 laps of the 161 lap race! The other car was eventually able to pull ahead and build a gap. We finished 5th and 6th. It was a very exciting and enjoyable race with an awesome result. Our car had a mere 1x. The other car had 4x. Considering how difficult it is to stay off the walls there, that is an achievement. I am so chuffed right now. :D

Cam
October 2nd, 2020, 06:17 AM
We're off to Petit Le Mans this week-end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJPSGMJ44GE

Cam
October 3rd, 2020, 06:35 PM
Oof. Petit Le Mans was horrific. Got knocked out a couple of times by LMP cars and once by a GTE car. One of our drivers struggled this race; had loads of incidents, like almost 40x. He's usually not that bad. The SOF was 2700+. Our average team SOF was about 2000. Bad luck was our co-pilot today.

Personally, I did pretty well, not including getting punted once by an LMP car for 4x. Only had 3x otherwise, for almost five hours of driving. I did almost half of our teams laps. I think it is fun to do the endurance races. We have some good ones and some bad ones. This one was a race to forget.

Cam
October 11th, 2020, 05:12 PM
Just raced against Max Papis. He gridded up behind me, but quit out after a few laps. Not sure what happened to him.

FaultyMario
October 12th, 2020, 03:19 AM
Maybe the wife yelled?

he was probably testing a setup, isn't he in the business of sim-racing furniture?

Cam
October 12th, 2020, 04:00 AM
I do not know.

FaultyMario
October 12th, 2020, 09:09 AM
http://dy5vgx5yyjho5.cloudfront.net/images/v2/470x600-vV45bFD7u9tMx433064.jpg (https://www.maxpapisinc.com/shop-online/)

It says they've got some iRacing skins with his branding for download at Trading Paints.

Cam
October 15th, 2020, 08:06 PM
12 Hours of COTA on Saturday! https://youtu.be/qvW0no322gc

Kchrpm
October 16th, 2020, 03:45 AM
Oh, COTA? Reminder set!

Cam
October 16th, 2020, 05:40 AM
I am kind of struggling at this track. It is so wide and the default field of view with one monitor makes it difficult to see the apexes on the tight corners. It will be a tough race, I think.

Cam
October 17th, 2020, 05:55 PM
The race went pretty well, considering we were inexplicably in the top split! SoF was about 3700 for our class. Our team's average was less than 2000. We got clobbered in lap times, but we did not get knocked off track. Lots of 1xes at this track though. We won't make the safest teams list this time. It was satisfying though, especially my last stint, where I got 0x. :hard:

Kchrpm
October 17th, 2020, 08:00 PM
:up: As I said in YouTube chat, it was fun watching you chase down the light blue Cayman while being cognizant of faster traffic.

Cam
October 18th, 2020, 02:02 AM
Thanks for tuning in!

Cam
October 19th, 2020, 02:16 PM
Anyone want to do some six hour endurance races with me? They usually happen on week-ends; not every week-end. I did not look closely at the schedule, but there are a few before the end of the year.

dodint
October 19th, 2020, 02:45 PM
I wonder how many different boxes my rig is in. 4? 6?

Cam
October 19th, 2020, 03:34 PM
OK, who CAN do endurance races with me? :lol:

Cam
October 23rd, 2020, 09:25 AM
I was pretty much forced to buy a USB headset for racing. I want to continue streaming my races. The team uses TeamSpeak during the races, which you can hear on my streams. I prefer my videos to be family-friendly. Alas, one of the guys on the team refuses to control his swearing. I bought the headset so, hopefully, I can hear the team, but not broadcast the team chat. One of the other team members also pointed out the fact that sometimes we talk about personal things or bitch about other drivers, which is not necessarily good to be broadcasting. The streaming software I use does not have the option to filter out different audio sources. Otherwise, I would simply have to mute TS, which is not the preferred option.

FaultyMario
October 23rd, 2020, 11:21 AM
Would this information from Swervo be of use to you?

I know that software can have the ability to enumerate audio devices and use the non-default devices for recording and playback, e.g., Google Hangouts I believe lets you select what device you want for a microphone and speakers regardless of what the system settings are. I'm not sure, however, that you can have the OS route that itself if the app doesn't do it on its own.

EDIT: I haven't tested this, but it looks like you can - https://www.howtogeek.com/352787/how-to-set-per-app-sound-outputs-in-windows-10/

I've used it as a sort of patchbay.

Cam
October 25th, 2020, 01:03 PM
That is great info. Thanks!

Tom Servo
October 25th, 2020, 05:58 PM
I'M HELPING!!1!

Cam
October 27th, 2020, 02:42 PM
I received my headset. It appears to work as intended. It was easy to configure TeamSpeak to use only the headset. The rest of the desktop audio comes out of the computer speakers. It appears I can still use the webcam mic as a separate input for streaming. I can have two separate push-to-talk buttons, one for TS and the other for the stream. You know, so I can talk at the one person that watches my streams. :lol:

Cam
October 27th, 2020, 02:45 PM
I'M HELPING!!1!

Bro, do you even race? ;)

Tom Servo
October 27th, 2020, 04:02 PM
No, I mostly just drive around a track a few times until my mind wanders and I crash into someone. It'd be disingenuous to call that racing.

Cam
October 27th, 2020, 04:53 PM
Let's go for a spin sometime. I know this nice little track with 50 of my closest racing buddies driving in circles for six hours. It will be great time!

Kchrpm
October 28th, 2020, 03:25 AM
You know, so I can talk at the one person that watches my streams. :lol:

I do feel left out sometimes ;)

Cam
October 28th, 2020, 07:47 AM
Thanks for your support. :D

Cam
October 28th, 2020, 07:38 PM
Had a couple of good races tonight. First was SRF at Monza. Really exciting battle with a few other cars. Qualified 12th, I think, and finished sixth. Second was 911 Cup at Montreal. Got put in second split and qualified fourth. All three cars ahead of me spun off on lap one. I didn't put a wheel wrong and won it. :D I streamed the 911 race, so you should be able to watch it tomorrow on my channel. (It takes overnight to process and show up on my feed.)

Cam
November 2nd, 2020, 10:33 AM
Just renewed my subscription for a year using a 25% off Black Friday promo code.

Freude am Fahren
November 2nd, 2020, 11:12 AM
My autorenew went through last week :angry:

I could have sworn I turned off autorenew, but oh well.

Cam
November 2nd, 2020, 04:20 PM
I had auto-renew off. When I renewed, it turned auto-renew on. I had to turn it off again.

dodint
November 2nd, 2020, 07:10 PM
25% wasn't enough for me to sign back up right now. Was hoping it would be more substantial.

You can still get the discount, it just tacks it on to the end of your recently renewed term.

Cam
November 12th, 2020, 04:03 AM
Raced against Jann Mardenborough last night. He got a stop-go penalty for too many incidents. :lol:

I got wrecked twice. :(

Cam
November 13th, 2020, 09:54 PM
Last two races were good. Got my first pole position in the V8 Supercars Thursday night, finished second after chasing first all race. It was second split.

Did a 911 Cup race earlier today. I was #20 and started 17th. Finished 9th after fighting off several cars for the whole race.

Kchrpm
November 14th, 2020, 05:25 AM
Impressive results in both cases, well done!

Kchrpm
November 14th, 2020, 01:14 PM
If I could get a $500 1080+/60p iRacing box, I might be more interested in that than the new consoles. Since that doesn't exist, I've just been watching videos of people playing Project CARS 2 on the XSX and PS5 with curiosity.

Rare White Ape
November 14th, 2020, 01:50 PM
I think you could easily build a purely iRacing box for that price.

Kchrpm
November 14th, 2020, 03:30 PM
I think you could easily build a purely iRacing box for that price.

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/BnBD4D/entry-level-intel-gaming-build

Something like that?

Rare White Ape
November 14th, 2020, 05:44 PM
Yep, absolutely. You don't need anything fancy to run iRacing.

Unless the developer goes wild and rewrites the graphics engine to meet 2020 AAA game specifications...

It'll do Assetto and Project Cars 2 just nicely as well.

In fact, PC2 runs on one of the friendliest game engines out there. It's so easy to get stable 60fps at max settings with it.

Cam
November 14th, 2020, 07:55 PM
iRacing is not the economical option for sim racing. Full disclosure, I have spent about $600 on iRacing, totaling up all the cars and tracks and membership fees I paid for. I bought over 40 pieces of content, so I get 20% off everything now. There are a few cars I regret buying, but I use most of the things I bought regularly.

Kchrpm
November 15th, 2020, 01:38 AM
Hmmm, good to know.

Blerpa
November 15th, 2020, 04:54 AM
You buy "in" iRacing only if you are sure about regular and continous commitment.
And in being able to tolerate the awful graphics (With everything pushed at maximum - I mean everything - my 3600 and 2070 Super on a 21:9 1080p monitor was only using up about 3-3.5GB of the 8GB of Vram of my GPU. And it still looked like a game from 7 years ago).

Cam
November 15th, 2020, 06:19 AM
Blerpa likes to use hyperbole. The graphics are fine to normal people. :rolleyes:

dodint
November 15th, 2020, 06:22 AM
Yup.

Kchrpm
November 15th, 2020, 06:26 AM
I've seen them plenty, and like them. More importantly, though, it has a lot of content I like, and seems to be the most consistent place to get good online racing. Assetto Corsa Competizione doesn't have enough American tracks nor any Corvettes, and Project CARS 2 is likely pretty dead for online users considering its age and that it has what is in name a sequel (even though it loses all of the qualities that drew me to the series in the first place).

And then there's GT Sport, which I don't know enough about to buy a PlayStation solely for it.

dodint
November 15th, 2020, 08:19 AM
Don't buy a PlayStation for GT:S.

Blerpa
November 15th, 2020, 08:54 AM
I disagree on the hyperbole.
I mean, I was not even comparing the graphics to visual behemoths like Forza Horizon 4 or Gran Turismo nor to recent games like ACC... but just comparing it to old games like the original Assetto Corsa (sans updating mods) or the first Project Cars.
iRacing graphics are obsolete and mediocre by today standards.
Does it bother people? Some are bothered, others are not.
As well as old online games like World of Warcraft which are still played and enjoyed daily by hundred thousands, millions, users.
Still they are not up to modern standards graphics-wise.

Keep racing and enjoying it :cool:

Cam
November 15th, 2020, 09:46 AM
Yeah, whatever, dude. You're one of those guys that looks at Castle Crashers and says, "WTF is with these stupid cartoony graphics? The characters don't even look real. I mean look at the bad proportions and garish colours! It's awful!" :P

... seems to be the most consistent place to get good online racing.
This is the best thing about iRacing. You can pretty much jump in almost any time and have a group to race with in most series. Although, as dodint has pointed out previously, many series start every two hours. A few of the lower-class series happen every hour or half-hour. A few series have certain times when everyone shows up, like Kamel GT, for example. Only two sessions a week have enough drivers to make it an official race. Lotus 79 races only have drivers on Saturday and Sunday morning. Popular series, like the Le Mans series or 911 GT3 Cup always have drivers, any time, it seems.

Kchrpm
November 15th, 2020, 10:38 AM
And since I mostly just want to do GTE/GTLM driving, that would work out.

Cam
November 15th, 2020, 10:55 AM
I am sure you would be perfectly happy to exclusively drive C8 Vette. :D

Rare White Ape
November 15th, 2020, 11:40 AM
Yeah, Keith, you could probably do it reasonably economically if you’re only after one car (assuming as Cam says that there are others with the same aim in the same category) and are happy to buy each track as needed.

And I agree with Blerpa, although I wouldn’t call the graphics awful, they certainly are dated. But they’re perfectly serviceable and like any esports title it really doesn’t matter.

Cam
November 15th, 2020, 02:22 PM
You would have to spend some time earning higher licenses. You start out at Rookie, then it goes D, C, B and A. You have to complete four races in each license to earn the next license. Having a high Safety Rating can fast-track your license advancement. To race the C8 Vette, you would need at least a C license for the IMSA Sports Car Championship and The Le Mans Series requires a B license. I am not sure if it is in any other series this season. Although, I heard that the Le Mans Series is going A class next year. I am not sure.

Edit: The C8 Vette is also being used in the GT Endurance Series this season. Lots of options for the Vette! :D

Kchrpm
November 15th, 2020, 03:54 PM
Oh, *that's* how the licensing system works. Hmm...

Yobbo NZ
November 15th, 2020, 05:05 PM
Kchrpm, I was using a last last gen setup that'd be considered ancient by the master race in iRacing.
Was an Amd X4 870K with a 1050ti.
Tweaking the graphics, I was getting around the 40-50 fps from memory.
Haven't been back for a long time, as life got in the way etc.
If you do have a go, don't limit yourself to one discipline, the dirt oval stuff was a lot of fun, nearly got a win in the 360 Sprint cars once too.

Kchrpm
November 15th, 2020, 05:58 PM
If you do have a go, don't limit yourself to one discipline

Of course not! I'll drive IndyCars, too ;)

Kchrpm
November 21st, 2020, 10:28 AM
There's a Corvette C8.R Championship Series in iRacing now, with live coverage on YouTube :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cox2bJoTEZQ

While I don't find Lime Rock very interesting, and I'm just watching an HD livestream, I think the graphics in this are great. My biggest complaint is that, while the number of trees lining the circuit is impressive, each one looks flat. And I guess that extends to the grass just being a texture and not 3D. But the car models, track details, shadows and reflections all look great.

Cam
November 21st, 2020, 01:23 PM
Yeah, they are fine; not "awful." Who knew? ;)

Tom Servo
November 25th, 2020, 08:53 AM
iRacing doesn't have much in the way of flashy graphics or lighting effects, but it has, IMHO, the best car models and interiors of any sim, which for me is the important part. It also nails the things *around* the track - the only track I've ever driven on in real life is Laguna Seca, and the trackside objects I was taught to use there to line up the car (telephone pole as you crest the hill before T2, or the tree to aim towards when going through the corkscrew) are all exactly where they should be and look the same.

What's great about it too is that it runs at a really good framerate even in VR.

Kchrpm
December 8th, 2020, 01:17 PM
The new Dallara open-wheel car is interesting. Seems like a modern take on an old screaming V10 F1 car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_7lumvUDzI

Cam
December 8th, 2020, 02:11 PM
Not really interesting to me. *shrug*

Rare White Ape
December 8th, 2020, 03:12 PM
While I commend them for the idea, I cannot commend them for the execution. That thing looks ugly as arse.

I know it would be a cop-out for iRacing to delve into this realm, but there are a few cars in other sims where they simply took a current-ish V6 F1 chassis (incl aerodynamics and handling) and changed the engine sounds and characteristics to match the previous V10 engines. A sort of fantasy experiment if you could have a car that fits into the current F1 rules but with a noisy engine. The most notable is probably the Formula RaceRoom X-17 from RaceRoom: a 2017 pre-halo chassis with a beautiful screaming V10 in the back.

FaultyMario
December 8th, 2020, 05:52 PM
As someone who never followed the crapwagons, I thought it was an actual car, an evolution of whatever the IRL was running at the turn of the millennium.

Tom Servo
December 8th, 2020, 06:55 PM
I like it.

Cam
December 9th, 2020, 08:08 AM
12 GB update today!

Cam
December 12th, 2020, 01:29 PM
Since Thursday, I've been trying to get ten races in a row with no incidents. It is near impossible, with the unpredictability of some drivers. I got up to eight in a row twice and six in a row only to be thwarted by some idiotically unpredictable driving. The latest one was some guy who just slammed on the brakes in the middle of the straight on the racing line. :erm: Back to square one for the fourth time. Even when I start from the pits and drive casually, I catch up to guys that have crashed or whatever. It is impossible to not be near other cars.

Rare White Ape
December 12th, 2020, 01:46 PM
Just be in first then. Easy :D

Cam
December 12th, 2020, 05:32 PM
Then you catch up to the REALLY slow, unpredictable and crashy guys. :smh:

I just had a dude troll me for a portion of a race at Charlotte Roval. Troll qualified P1, drove normally for the first two laps and started to drive away. On lap three, he slowed down and started trolling me. He let me go, then got racy with me. I can tell he's just being a dick, so I braked super early and let him go into a corner. I slowed way down to put some distance between us, allowing the battle for third to catch up. He slowed way down too, then blocked when I tried to pass. The third place car was right on my bumper, so I pulled over and let the three cars behind have a go at him. Troll raced on the apron, which is not allowed. He was just being a dick. I will be reporting him shortly. :rolleyes:

Cam
December 13th, 2020, 12:45 PM
I did about 50 Mazda Cup races since Thursday to get this. :hard:

Safe Driver Level 3 - Road
Complete 10 consecutive incident free official road races. You must score championship points and complete 50% of the laps the class winner completes, rounded down, for the race to count toward this award. This award may not be earned while participating in a team event.
Completed ten consecutive road races without incident.
12/13/2020
It was difficult. There is no way you can predict some of the absolute nutty behaviour of some drivers. :erm:

My iRating went from ~2000 to ~1100.

Cam
December 16th, 2020, 06:40 PM
My brother and I will be teaming up for some three and six-hour endurance races this season. The first is this Saturday at 2:00pm Eastern. Live stream link:
https://youtu.be/2Uu2vFNGmPI

2021 season one has started. I am racing 911 Cup on Tuesday nights and Supercars on Thursday nights. I will probably stream other random races as well. Keep an eye on my channel for some hot racing action! :hard:

I won my 911 Cup split twice in a row last night.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96n4TIIpmkM

I won a VRS GT Sprint race tonight. My iRating has jumped almost 300 points in the last 24 hours. :lol:

Cam
December 22nd, 2020, 04:12 PM
There is a channel I was watching for a little while with daily clips from random iRacers' streams. I had to stop because I was too disturbed by the horrific quality of driving and absurd personalities. :erm:

Cam
December 23rd, 2020, 08:03 AM
Oh, *that's* how the licensing system works. Hmm...
My brother got his A license in a mere two weeks of racing. He had to buy a few pieces of content to do so.

Cam
December 23rd, 2020, 08:13 AM
I've had some really good races since the new season started. I've had several wins and top-fives. Not much wrecking. It is going well. Admittedly, my iRating is artificially low because of my shenanigans from last week-end. After another win last night in the Porsche Cup, my iR is back above 1800.

sandydandy
December 26th, 2020, 02:44 PM
Cam I watched the second half of your race today live. From lap 10 till the end. You didn’t have a single X since I began watching. I think you could’ve hung in there with 11L of fuel left. I hit the chat button to see if there was any discussion going and nothing happened. I think it pinged you cause you mentioned something about the chat client not working and that someone was trying to call you.

It was fun to watch. Kind of soothing and mesmerizing watching someone else race, cause there’s no stress involved for the viewer. Can’t wait till next week’s race!

Cam
December 26th, 2020, 05:46 PM
Thanks a lot for watching! I realized after I pitted that I could have gone that extra lap because I was saving so much fuel. Most guys were pitting after 7 laps. I could have gone 9 because I was so conservative! It really did not matter by the end though.

Yeah, half-way through Tim’s stint, he lost control and damaged the car bad enough to need a tow and 35 minutes of repairs. Nurburgring is unforgiving and punishes any momentary lapse of concentration.

Things could have gone better, but we finished. Tim got a new wheel for Christmas and he was not used to it yet. He got some experience and I know he will do better next time. I just think it is great that I am teaming up with my bro for some races. :)

Kchrpm
December 26th, 2020, 06:27 PM
I just think it is great that I am teaming up with my bro for some races. :)

That's awesome :)

Cam
January 2nd, 2021, 02:04 PM
We had a great run this afternoon in the VRS GT Enduro at Donington Park. We qualified at the back and were in 40th position early on. Tim brought the car up to about 28th before getting punted. Minor damage, but we lost a few positions. I came out of the pits in 31st and fought up to 11th during my stint with 0x. (I was doing WORK. :D ) We lost a few positions after the second stop. Tim managed to put in some of his best laps and brought us back up to 11th for the checkered flag, less than two seconds back from 10th. We are really pleased with that result. :hard:

Rare White Ape
January 2nd, 2021, 04:54 PM
Wow that's epic. Good work!

Cam
January 5th, 2021, 05:38 AM
I was in a Euro Sprint race with Tony Kanaan last night. He won GT class. I was racing LMP1, but had some bad luck on lap 28. Check out the stream and let me know what you think of the incident. You can just skip to the end to see me review the collision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mag96-kXI1c

Kchrpm
January 5th, 2021, 07:28 AM
I got to where you found it in the replay, and haven't listened to your opinion yet. My opinion: Porsche driver was trying to get out of your way as fast as he could be going offline to the right, you were trying to get around a slower car by going offline to the right, and the car exiting the pits was just a bystander. The general rule is for GT cars to hold their line and let/make the faster car figure out a way around, and by that general rule you were in the right and the Porsche caused the accident by being aggressively generous/cautious.

Or he was racing the car exiting the pits, wanted to get over to get in front of them, and had no idea you were there.

*listens to your opinion*

I agree that it is mostly a racing incident. I prefer to think that the Porsche was being too generous vs too aggressive on his line, but if they came back and said they never even saw you and just wanted to get right ASAP to setup for the next turn, I would believe it.

stephenb
January 5th, 2021, 10:57 AM
Just unlucky with the timing of the car coming out of the pits. With closing speeds that quick not a lot anyone could have done. The car coming out of the pits should be monitoring the delta and it is their responsibility to re-join the track safely but in fairness they were still to the right of the pit exit line :|

Rare White Ape
January 5th, 2021, 12:00 PM
I’d have done the same thing. Looks like the Porsche left a gap for you and you took it. Just bad timing.

Your “Woah crap!” Was pretty funny tho :lol:

Cam
January 9th, 2021, 03:02 PM
We had a terrible run today in the VRS GT Enduro. My first stint, I was doing WORK. I qualified 23rd, but was 31st at the end of lap one because of a pile-up that blocked turn five. I brought it up to fifth before pitting at the end of the first hour. We were in 12th after the pit stops cycled through. Fifteen minutes into Tim's stint, he was collected by a wrecking car and needed 11 minutes of repairs. He finished his stint a bit early with 50 minutes left in the race. We were in 27th until 25 minutes left in the race, I got sideways out of turn six and smacked the wall, necessitating 12 more minutes of repairs. I didn't feel like I did anything different that lap. I took that corner the same way all race, but it just suddenly stepped out. :rolleyes: Just finished the last ten minutes in 30th. :( We talked about possibly doing the Sunday session.

Cam
January 10th, 2021, 11:54 AM
Did the VRS GT Enduro again today to attempt a better result. We succeeded, but not without incident. Tim qualified 30th, but crashed exiting the kink about 20 minutes in. It necessitated a six minute pit stop for repairs. I got in the car early and exited the pits in 43rd position. I also spun in the kink half-way through my stint, but escaped with minimal damage. Tim had a relatively clean stint and pitted with about 50 minutes left. I had a relatively clean stint and brought the car home 14th. I can't help but wonder how well we would do if we just stopped crashing. :lol:

Cam
January 10th, 2021, 07:41 PM
Did an IMSA Sportscar race for the first time. I had been focusing on other series. I noticed tonight that it was at Le Mans, so I decided to have a go. I got wrecked before the first lap even started. :rolleyes: Got back on track in last with busted aero. I finished in the same place I started, 25th. :smh:

Cam
January 11th, 2021, 01:55 PM
I swear my iR would be 1000 points higher if I did not keep getting wrecked. :|

Kchrpm
January 11th, 2021, 02:31 PM
With the caveat that I've never played iRacing, I thought there was some kind of dispute thing you could do to say "this wasn't my fault" and someone would review it. I never actually knew what it did, I assumed that it took away the penalty to your safety rating.

Cam
January 11th, 2021, 02:39 PM
You can protest other drivers for various infractions, including intentional wrecking. Alas, it is difficult to show that someone intentionally wrecked you, unless it is REALLY obvious. Even if you win a protest, your safety rating does not change.

CudaMan
January 11th, 2021, 04:48 PM
It's more of a system to weed out the bad apples or the casual gamer "haha let's go backwards!" crowd from srs bznss iRacing simulation. :) It doesn't account for mistakes or red mist or drivers with questionable judgement. Trust me, stewarding online races properly is a lot of work and iRacing has so many races going on all the time they'd never keep up without tons of extra staff just for that.

Cam
January 14th, 2021, 06:44 AM
Been frustrated with racing lately. Sooo many shitty drivers wrecking me. :smh:

Cam
January 14th, 2021, 09:43 AM
I legit had my first win in LMP1! :) Very satisfying considering the luck I've had lately. It was my first time in the second split driving the 919. Normally all P1s are put in the same room. There were six other P1 drivers. I qualified third. The leaders took off right away. Fourth fell back at first, but caught back up and passed eventually. I just put in consistent laps and eventually wound up in first place. I do not know what happened to the cars ahead. A win is a win! :hard:

FaultyMario
January 14th, 2021, 11:38 AM
To finish first...

Kchrpm
January 14th, 2021, 11:47 AM
Whoa nice! Any video of that?

Cam
January 14th, 2021, 07:45 PM
I think I saved the replay. I could make that happen.

Aaaand, I got bombed and damaged in tonight’s Supercars race. So much garbage driving out there. :smh:

Cam
January 15th, 2021, 03:07 AM
In 9 of my last 11 races, I was caught up in or wrecked out by someone else's garbage driving. :smh:

FaultyMario
January 15th, 2021, 05:47 AM
your iracing updates make it sound like the safety ratings are broken. either points are not correctly allocated or the system isn't programmed to differentiate between offending and receiving objects in a contact.

Cam
January 15th, 2021, 06:01 AM
One of my complaints about iRacing is that the safety rating system does not make the racing safer. Many driver want to win or be ahead of me at all costs. :rolleyes:

No, the system cannot tell the difference between the offender and offendee. I understand why, as the computer cannot make judgement calls and the system may be open to abuse otherwise.

FaultyMario
January 15th, 2021, 06:20 AM
Thinking out loud here, wonder if it'd make a difference to SR if, in a collision, the object that 'received' the contact was with its 4 wheels inside the track boundaries and pointing within 30° of that section's direction got a free pass. Or how hard it'd be to program that sort of collision box.

FaultyMario
January 15th, 2021, 06:23 AM
Although from your comments on this page, it seems a lot of your later incidents have been with fast but impatient drivers who either push you off track or bounce off you in a corner. Said collision box would really change nil.

sandydandy
January 15th, 2021, 10:38 AM
Been frustrated with racing lately. Sooo many shitty drivers wrecking me. :smh: Definitely noticed that in the handful of videos I’ve watched. Other drivers are so impatient and reckless.

Cam
January 15th, 2021, 10:58 AM
I just had a clean IMSA Sportscar race, so I'm feeling a little better. Still lots of wrecks though.

Rare White Ape
January 15th, 2021, 11:54 AM
Thinking out loud here, wonder if it'd make a difference to SR if, in a collision, the object that 'received' the contact was with its 4 wheels inside the track boundaries and pointing within 30° of that section's direction got a free pass. Or how hard it'd be to program that sort of collision box.

Gran Turismo uses a system that matches steering position with collision. It’s pretty flawed; you could be avoiding a crash and still get a penalty, just because you appeared to be steering toward another car. To make matters worse it applies penalties in real time in the form of a slow-down penalty to be taken in a designated part of the track, so they can really ruin your race.

I saw a video from the early days of the game where it would in those days generate penalties by matching car contact with going off track. So if two cars touched and one ended up off the track it would recognise it as ramming and penalise the car that didn’t leave the bitumen. It was so easy to exploit. In the video I saw a driver would nudge a car from behind then purposefully run onto the grass, causing the game to penalise the driver who got nudged. That victim would have to slow down on the next lap, ruining their race.

So unless you have live stewarding it’s almost impossible for an AI system to accurately dish out penalties. iRacing makes a good compromise where both cars get penalised for collisions but doesn’t hand out live penalties, however that system assumes that drivers possess a certain level of maturity.

Tom Servo
January 15th, 2021, 07:57 PM
I'd say that the safety rating helps but doesn't fix it. You still get wrecked by idiots, but it's nothing like playing racing sims against randos that *don't* have a safety-rating like system.

CudaMan
January 15th, 2021, 09:35 PM
It sounds like the safety rating system in iRacing just needs to be tougher.

Rare White Ape
January 15th, 2021, 10:24 PM
Or be more enticing?

For example if they gave players a free month's subscription for keeping their SR above a certain threshold.

Cam
January 16th, 2021, 06:08 AM
I think there are a few factors that could be improved to make the racing safer. It is too easy to get higher licenses. My bro got his A road license in less than two weeks, but he had his SR above 4. I think Bryan is right in saying the SR system need to be tougher. However, the higher your SR is and the higher your license class, the more difficult it is to keep your SR up. How is that fair to the guys that race clean? For example, when I (A license, 4+ SR) look at race results, sometimes I see that I've had like 1-2x in the race and my safety rating went down. Meanwhile, another driver (B license, 2+ SR) has 10x and got an increase in SR. :erm: That does not seem fair to me.

Alas, no safety rating system will stop the "I MUST BE AHEAD OF YOU AT ALL COSTS!" drivers. :rolleyes:

Cam
January 16th, 2021, 11:58 AM
Whoa nice! Any video of that?

By popular demand! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvWp7hDZUPM

Kchrpm
January 16th, 2021, 04:39 PM
As someone who generally only drives GT cars in multiclass racing, it's kind of wild seeing the apex predator version where you're slicing and dicing around all the GT cars and slower prototypes.

Cam
January 17th, 2021, 07:19 AM
I just had an excellent GTE Enduro (90 minute race.) It is a series that only happens on every other week-end that I have not done before. It was at Daytona, so it was a good practice opportunity for the upcoming Daytona 24H. There were 48 cars in the split. I was in split six of ten. I qualified 38th on a full tank of fuel, the last of the cars to set a Q lap. I decided to start from the pits, as did one other car ahead of me. I basically started 48th, last. Had some thrilling battles throughout, with a minor reprieve after my pit stop at the half-way point. I brought the car home 18th with 4x for minor cuts in the bus stop. I am feeling pretty good about that performance, considering I made up 30 positions. :hard:

Check it out on my racing channel! :D

Kchrpm
January 18th, 2021, 12:05 PM
It seemed like, in addition to all of the carnage in the infield, a lot of the drivers were not properly set up for the speeds on the high banks. Great job avoiding all that detritus.

This black Porsche is putting up a FIGHT!

Cam
January 18th, 2021, 02:29 PM
Yeah, after I passed him, it seemed to light a fire. :lol: Too bad he got a slow-down penalty in the bus stop on the last lap. Hey, I'll take the free spot. :D

Cam
January 20th, 2021, 06:14 PM
I had another good 75 minute IMSA Sportscar Championship race at Daytona earlier. I wish I had streamed it. There were 22 cars in my class, GTE. I was the slowest of the qualifiers and two cars did not set a qualifying lap. When the green flag dropped, I was basically next-to-last. The last guy fell back and played it really cautious. I did not feel like I passed many cars, but at the end of an hour, I was in 2nd position. Alas, the leader was 45 seconds up the road. I am very pleased with that result. :D

Cam
January 20th, 2021, 08:11 PM
Daytona 24 this week-end! Live stream linky:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaXFPHRDBjI

Cam
January 24th, 2021, 11:17 AM
Race completed! We had a pretty good run with only one incident of note. Tim (my brother) was punted by a LMP car on lap 502, necessitating 11 minutes of repairs. We started on the back row, 25th in class, 49th overall. There was one car behind that did not set a qualifying lap and two cars did not start. We finished 9th in class and 26th overall. I think I speak for the whole team when I say we are thrilled with a top-ten finish. Thanks to the whole team for the great time and great result!

Rare White Ape
January 24th, 2021, 12:55 PM
Awesome!

I was very briefly watching a few streams including yours and I noted the finish time was way later than normal due to a server issue.

I would have watched the end but normally that happens at 11pm my time but it looked like it was at least 5 hours later.

Cam
January 24th, 2021, 03:29 PM
Yes, it was an embarrassment. iRacing’s servers could not handle the load and they stopped working. They completely cancelled the race and started it again later. Stuff like this happens every time there is a big special event, yet they seem unwilling to take measures to improve the performance. Shame on iRacing. They plan on giving everyone affected a $5 credit.

Cam
January 25th, 2021, 06:57 PM
Giving new meaning to flying lap!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xouvv81MXFk

Rare White Ape
January 25th, 2021, 07:59 PM
Ha!

Cam
January 29th, 2021, 06:19 PM
Just did a Euro Sprint at The 'Ring. There were 9 P2 cars and 32 GTE in the race. I started from the pits with five other cars. If anyone got close, I let them by. Cars were crashing left an right. I got spun by an impatient a-hole on lap two. Thankfully, it was exiting Adenauer Forst, a slow corner with a grass run-off. No damage, so I continued. Kept it clean for 8 laps and came home 11th. Only 3 P2 cars finished.

Cam
January 30th, 2021, 02:44 PM
Just did the three-hour VRS GT Enduro at Imola. The first 2.5 hours went really well. We started 42nd and got up to 11th! Then, we got wrecked by a hot-head. :smh: We continued, as there was not much damage. Ten laps later, we got a meatball flag (black flag with a red circle) for no reason, which is for required repairs. We pitted for repairs, which were completed, but the flag was not cleared. I am pretty sure you get disqualified if you ignore a black flag. We pitted again, but there were no repairs and the meatball still showed. By that time it was the last lap. We finished with the meatball flag showing, but were not DQed. We finished 29th. :( We were doing so awesome, only to have it ruined by a jackass. :smh:

Kchrpm
January 30th, 2021, 05:49 PM
That sucks and is strange.

Rare White Ape
January 30th, 2021, 06:01 PM
I was just checking out a bit of the Porsche eSports Supercup. THIS is how you do an iRacing. Hot-heads need not apply.

(start video at 1:54:00)

https://youtu.be/VJfhUHV7ZC0?t=6849

Cam
January 31st, 2021, 07:19 AM
I just completed the 90-minute GTE Enduro at Nurburgring Combined. There was one split and I was the #1 car of 46 entrants! No way was I going to start near the front, as I am one of the slowest drivers on the 'Ring. I started from the pits with four other cars. Huge wreck on lap one that I narrowly avoided. After lap one, I was 23rd. I just kept it safe, clean and let anyone that caught me go by. I had a last-lap battle with another driver, but was able to draft-pass and bring it home 11th. I am feeling pretty good about that. :hard: Checkkit on my channel!

Cam
January 31st, 2021, 01:18 PM
I was mistaken. I was in the fourth split of seven. It was only showing me one at the time.

Had a better go at the VRS GT Enduro today. Started 32nd and finished 16th. We cut it really close on fuel and pitted for a splash on the last lap, not knowing it was the last lap. If I just kept going, we would have been 12th. Then, I let a guy go that I spun earlier. Tim and I felt good about our performance today. It is available to watch on my racing channel, of course.

Tom Servo
January 31st, 2021, 01:46 PM
Finally got a race in. CTS-V at Suzuka. Felt pretty good when I got a 2:05 qualifying lap, up until then I never got out of the 2:06s.

End up in the top split and everyone else is doing 2:02/2:03. Good reminder that I am very, very slow. Managed to stay out of trouble, but only one other CTS driver crashed out, so ended up 7th out of 8.

Rare White Ape
February 4th, 2021, 05:53 PM
Ahhhh damnit Cam, I tuned-in to your Long Beach race just as you were eating the meatball.

Sucks that you got spun around again man.

Cam
February 4th, 2021, 06:13 PM
Thanks for watching, Mick! Yeah, this has been a lousy week for me and racing. :smh:

Cam
February 6th, 2021, 02:21 PM
My brother and I did the VRS GT Enduro again today. My stint starts about the 1h40 mark in the stream. Watch me DO WORK to take the car from 33rd up to the battle for 13th! Alas, we get a penalty for too many incidents, thanks to a jackass lapped car that tried to revenge-kill me. Most of our incidents points were from other cars' garbage driving. :smh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfmRshC-gVA

Freude am Fahren
February 9th, 2021, 11:29 AM
You know what would be great?

Some kind of instant replay voluntary official thing.

So whether it's an official race or private, you can let the system do it's own officiating, but if you have someone available, they can review all incidents and choose to modify, or keep the penalties.

I don't know if there's something like this or not. I'm sure there's ways to do completely human officiating in private races, but this would be like a hybrid.

Rare White Ape
February 9th, 2021, 12:12 PM
That’s a good idea. And to make it more attractive, have it so that you earn iRacing credits to be redeemed for more content or subscription time. But also limit it to people above a certain safety and driver rating, to reduce the chance they they make a stupid decision. That requirement would go up for higher ranked lobbies, I.E. top split races would have the highest standard of stewardship.

And then, all participants can give feedback (like an Uber driver). Over time, if their rating drops below a threshold then they get removed from having the ability to officiate. Or something.

Cam
February 9th, 2021, 02:28 PM
Alas, that would be open to abuse and apathy. *shrug*

Cam
February 12th, 2021, 01:54 PM
Kamel GT race this afternoon. Less than 2 laps left in the race. I lapped a GTO car and they were several car-lengths back going into a corner. They bombed and wrecked me hard despite the fact that we were nowhere near another car. The situation is so idiotic... I can't even. WTF? :smh:

This is just how my racing is going this week. :angry:

Cam
February 13th, 2021, 11:40 AM
OK, this was a pretty thrilling race I was in today. Lots of battles all around the track at all times. Zany!
Global Sim Racing Channel broadcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkDVOSXntbI

You can also watch my stream of it. I am not competitive by laps times, but I held off a much quicker driver for most of the race. Spoiler; he passed me going into the penultimate lap. Good race though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BWEsjw9AIo

Cam
February 15th, 2021, 06:17 AM
I am having little success in iRacing lately. I get wrecked in so many races, like more than 50% of the time. It really negatively affects my enjoyment of my hobby. I've caused a couple of incidents this week too, which is the coup de grace. I take pride in being a clean, respectful racer and feel terrible if I cause a crash that affects someone else's race. I was really despondent yesterday after getting taken out twice in the same race by others' garbage driving.

CudaMan
February 15th, 2021, 10:47 AM
It doesn't just happen in iRacing either. Red mist + maybe being on the wrong side of the Dunning-Kruger effect seems to be a bad combination. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpHwfvn_yeg

Gotta watch out for yourselves on track.

Rare White Ape
February 15th, 2021, 12:51 PM
I was watching a local kid on Twitch during the week. I met him when he bought my Logitech wheel off me a year ago and it turns out he streams, so I followed him.

He’s getting into iRacing quite heavily and his skills are improving a lot. But he still makes mistakes, and they cascade into ruined races. For example, there was a 15 minute race in the Ferraris at Tsukuba. He was leading, but got tapped from behind and spun at the infield hairpin. He should’ve waited for the pack to clear before moving, but misjudged the car in 4th and drove in front of it to get going again.

A few laps later that car caught him then rammed him off at the final corner. Like, fully blatant no brakes right into his rear bumper.

As I said in the 27racers thread, there’s a clear difference between racing against randoms, and racing against people of a similar mindset, and I found myself having to forget the potentially contemptible defensive techniques that became a natural part of protecting yourself against angry drivers. It was such a relief, and it was hugely enjoyable, to participate in close racing against 15 other cars without fear of being rammed off the circuit.

Cam
February 15th, 2021, 05:43 PM
My faith is slightly restored after two races in the 911 RSR tonight. Although, I was still caught out by another driver doing something unpredictable. There was less than five minutes left in a 45 minute race. An LMP2 car lapped me, pulled in front of me, then braked pretty much where I brake for the upcoming corner. The problem is, P2 cars brake better than GTE. :rolleyes: I almost wrecked them and got a minor off-track because of it. I recovered without any position loss, thankfully. Later, I had a very enjoyable race in the same car, but a different series. :)

Cam
February 25th, 2021, 04:17 PM
Bathurst 12 Hour Saturday! Live stream link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXUFAUxWiwM

Cam
February 28th, 2021, 12:14 PM
My bro and I had our best result yet in the VRS GT Endurance Series. We finished 8th at Mt. Panorama after starting 30th. :cool:

dodint
February 28th, 2021, 05:49 PM
Nice. I can't hack 12 laps there let alone 12hrs.

Rare White Ape
February 28th, 2021, 06:00 PM
Bathurst was really hard for me to crack for a long time, but I was finally able to be comfortable with it halfway through last year.

It's the sort of track where you can truly get into a rhythm and enjoy every minute of it. The top windy uphill then downhill section, and the bottom high speed straight section. Each one lets you catch a break from the other.

I did 40 laps there in GT Sport in a time trial session driving a bloaty GT3 Nissan GT-R, changing from hard to medium to soft tyres as I went. I set a laptime goal of 2:08 then 2:05 then 2:02. It was so enjoyable.

Rare White Ape
March 3rd, 2021, 02:03 AM
So what’s the stingiest way to subscribe to iRacing? Or am I stuck with buying 2 years as the best way to get a discount?

Cam
March 3rd, 2021, 03:36 AM
Wait until Black Friday (November) and get it for 50% off, unless there is some other sale that comes up.

Rare White Ape
March 3rd, 2021, 05:24 AM
Slightly awkward timing!

I’ll get a 1yr sub now to get me through and then splash out every November.

Cam
March 3rd, 2021, 05:27 AM
In the past couple of years, the 50% off was for new subs only. They were offering 25% off renewal at the same time.

Rare White Ape
March 3rd, 2021, 05:29 AM
Oh ok.

At least I can get 40% off any time I like via their website, but that can only be redeemed once. Hence the advantage (and risk) of buying a two-year lump.