PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS

Pages : 1 [2]

dodint
August 4th, 2017, 10:10 AM
Can't wait. I've never had the opportunity to run it.

Freude am Fahren
August 4th, 2017, 11:33 AM
That reminds me, there's a sim group that specializes in taking older tracks from like gtr and rfactor that were never finished, and polishing them up for AC. They've done both old Spa and Osterreich.

Tom Servo
August 4th, 2017, 04:55 PM
I have a feeling that every car except a '67 era grand prix car will be able to take the Masta kink flat out, but it'll presumably be just as hair-raising as it was in GPL in one of those cars.

Rare White Ape
August 23rd, 2017, 04:03 AM
PCars 2 is less than a month from release. It's going to be a tricky period for racing sim fans, with this as well as GT Sport and Forza 7 all coming out within weeks of each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9Wzp4v_3Hs

I have a feeling that PC2 will have a better car and track selection and a better physics engine than both GT Sport and FM7, but we'll see how it goes in terms of feel, because we all remember how hard it was to play on a controller last time 'round. It might not be a day 1 purchase for me, but I am still keen on it if it has good feedback from players when it's out in the wild.

JoeW
August 23rd, 2017, 04:15 AM
I've been playing PCars since it came out and quickly stopped playing GT6 altogether. The driving experience is just worlds ahead of GT.

PCars 2 will continue that trend.

dodint
August 23rd, 2017, 06:36 AM
Well, I'm getting GT:S for $10 so that's an automatic buy. I'm really looking forward to FM7, about to pre-order it. PC2....I'm going to let it mature a bit this time around. I didn't have controller issues for some reason, but I don't see anything in PC2 (for PS4) that I *need* right now. I'm not buying it for computer because I have iRacing and FM7 there already.

iRacing - Full sim
FM7 - quasi-sim with online racing presence
GT:S - compulsory, meh
PC2 - Will scratch the itch for racing when I don't want to sit at a desk and drive a wheel; but I have that with PC1 so...might purchase later and score some discount DLC in the process.

I hope all the quality competition tanks GT:S sales so maybe they'll knock it off with their absurd hubris.

Blerpa
August 23rd, 2017, 08:20 AM
Assetto Corsa?

dodint
August 23rd, 2017, 08:33 AM
As good as AC probably is (I've heard great things) I'm not looking to move beyond the 4 (5 if you count NFS) franchises I'm currently engaged in.

Is there anything that separates AC from that group?

JoeW
August 23rd, 2017, 08:46 AM
I do some racing in online leagues and AC is terrible for that right now.

PC2 will end up being your best choice. PC was great...lots of hiccups at the start, and they learned a lot along the way from hardcore league racers about what needs to be better as far as running them and the options that needed to be included. GTS looks to be like GT Prologue was (stopgap offering before the fully loaded GT7)...poor car/track selections and similar arcade feel to the previous GT offerings.

dodint
August 23rd, 2017, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I suspect I'll get about an hour of actual play time out of GT:S just to see what the feel is and then I'll shift back to serious games.

Freude am Fahren
August 23rd, 2017, 10:18 AM
I think (though I haven't been on it in a long while), that AC has kinda taken the torch for modders. So it's kinda the heir to the SCGT/F1C/GTR/rFactor line. You could say that line split at RF2, which I know basically nothing about.

Rare White Ape
August 23rd, 2017, 06:25 PM
Assetto Corsa is cheap on the PlayStation store right now, so anybody who's curious can satisfy that curiosity for not much more than what you'd pay for a crap steak in a pub.

dodint
August 23rd, 2017, 06:56 PM
$49.99 isn't cheap to me. :lol:

Tom Servo
August 24th, 2017, 07:39 AM
And if you're got a PC, it's $11.99 on Steam right now.

Rare White Ape
August 24th, 2017, 07:33 PM
$49.99 isn't cheap to me. :lol:

Whoah that's good steak pricing. It must've gone up again.

Go the PC version!

Rare White Ape
August 27th, 2017, 11:23 PM
This looks like... the shit.

#pcmasterrace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daMmjNodOJ0

Tom Servo
August 28th, 2017, 12:12 PM
That looked pretty awesome, I'm really looking forward to this one. He's so right about how it feels in an open wheel car - the first time I did the fake F1 car at Monza in pcars 1 with VR was just mindblowing.

SkylineObsession
August 28th, 2017, 09:54 PM
Yeah, that was interestingly addictive to watch - made me want a driving rig etc and to do that myself.

Also seemed to get around the last corner of the track pretty easily, whereas in Forza i always have to inch around it on full lock (compared to the car in the vid). Usually i just drift the whole corner, more fun. ;)

GreatScawt
September 15th, 2017, 12:02 PM
I see so many awesome things about PC2, I kind of want to re-install this and give it another shake. Perhaps the controller issues will be a little better. I remember the campaign being pretty interesting, but I never made it past the karts.

racerfink
September 15th, 2017, 02:50 PM
PCars 1 requires pretty extensive controller setting changes to work well. And with the karts, you can change how the car feels quite a bit with the weight bias setting.