PDA

View Full Version : Destiny - Bungie's Next Big Project

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Phil_SS
April 5th, 2016, 08:58 AM
1) Bolt Caster + PvP is just too much fun. I love watching my radar and then leading people as they round corners.

2) I completed all of the farming for Dark Drinker and just have to wait for Wednesday to talk to Shaxx and then whoop on Alak-Hul.

3) I had started the Nightstalker and Stromcaller sub-classes but never finished them. So I started again on my Nightstalker and am about 60% done. The last couple rows just take a ton of XP.

Phil_SS
April 11th, 2016, 03:40 PM
http://youtu.be/LTa1QSfymMY

Phil_SS
April 20th, 2016, 08:58 AM
The April update has greatly increased the avenues to receive increased LL gear. Combine that with increasing the Vanguard/Faction/Crucible reputation rewards for completing tasks and the game has become an even greater joy to play. Basically, just have fun doing what you want and you will increase your LL.

Challenge of the Elders is a quick and fun experience with the modifiers providing a varied playstyle.

Last week with the Precision Kill Bonus with Small Arms modifier it was kill everything with precision damage with a primary weapon, scout rifles worked really well. Everybody could participate in the same way.

This week with the Grenade Kill Bonus with catapult modifier it changed the playstyle. Atleast for Chris and I. He played with his Hunter and provided cover, revives and Boss DPS while a spammed grenades with my Sunbreaker+Armamentarium+Simmering Flames+Fusion Grenade. I was tossing a grenade every 2.5 seconds once I got my super charged. I had something like 210 kills at the end and I maybe killed five minions with a gun. Was really fun.

I scored about 26k points while Chris had 7k. So we completed the 30k Sigil Challenge as a team.

Anybody who has the game should give it a go.

21Kid
April 20th, 2016, 09:46 AM
Can I team up with randoms to run the raids yet?

Phil_SS
April 20th, 2016, 10:29 AM
Yes. Via r/Fireteams (https://www.reddit.com/r/fireteams/new) , the100.io (https://www.the100.io/community) :assclown:

21Kid
April 20th, 2016, 11:40 AM
:sadbanana:

You got my hopes up... for .534502 seconds.

novicius
April 20th, 2016, 11:57 AM
:lol:

Phil_SS
April 20th, 2016, 12:21 PM
Where you been Carlo?

We could use your Space Magic.

Kchrpm
April 20th, 2016, 12:27 PM
This is a picture of me and Carlo from the other night

http://i1.wp.com/bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/badboys2-lawrence-smith-gear.jpg

novicius
April 20th, 2016, 01:34 PM
:lol: :up:

Ok I'll dust it off, Phil. ;)

21Kid
April 20th, 2016, 02:41 PM
Carlo's in high demand. :lol:

novicius
April 21st, 2016, 03:41 AM
Insanity! :lol:

Phil_SS
April 21st, 2016, 11:25 AM
I'm sure someone in the past mentioned Monte Carlo is awesome and I just came in to confirm that opinion. I am wrecking people with it in the Crucible.

I run a 5/5/0 (10) build and then with Monte Carlo I am getting a full Melee charge after every kill. Should be even better once I can run a 5/5/2 (12) build.

Yw-slayer
April 22nd, 2016, 08:49 PM
People used to say that it was rubbish, but I really enjoyed using it even in PvE. Mind you, this was in late 2014, so maybe it's been buffed since then.

Cam
April 30th, 2016, 12:13 PM
Jeez, I just finished a Prison of Elders fight with two randoms who were superbad. I had 270 kills by the end with about a 50 K/D ratio. The next dude had 180 kills with a <10 K/D ratio and the last retard had about 40 kills and a K/D spread of about 1. :twitch: They just kept dying over and over. I nearly single-handedly kept them in the game. It was work. Third guy was so bad I wonder if he was just griefing.

Godson
April 30th, 2016, 06:39 PM

Phil_SS
May 2nd, 2016, 11:43 AM
Jeez, I just finished a Prison of Elders fight with two randoms who were superbad. I had 270 kills by the end with about a 50 K/D ratio. The next dude had 180 kills with a <10 K/D ratio and the last retard had about 40 kills and a K/D spread of about 1. :twitch: They just kept dying over and over. I nearly single-handedly kept them in the game. It was work. Third guy was so bad I wonder if he was just griefing.

As you said, they could have been bad or they may have had a substandard LL for the event and/or compared to you. The highest PoE still only requires a pretty low LL. Something like 260.

You may have helped a couple kinderguardians with their quest. :up:

BTW, Iron Banner has been great for drops. I've gotten tons a good swag and I am close to 330 with my Titan because of it. My Lock and Hunter will be in the low 320's.

Cam
May 2nd, 2016, 12:17 PM
"Kinderguardians." :lol:

Cam
May 3rd, 2016, 03:38 PM
Conversely, I played a several Prison of Elders matches this afternoon and got teamed up with some murderers. :lol:

Phil_SS
June 6th, 2016, 05:59 AM
This week at Bungie we’re preparing to reveal your next adventure.

You’re invited to learn all about the next threat that you’ll confront as Guardians.

Destiny Reveal Stream
Thursday, June 9th, 10 AM Pacific
TWITCH.TV/BUNGIE

Save the date. Follow our channel. This will be your first glimpse at what awaits you later on this year, followed by a deeper dive with the development team. (https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44789/7_This-Week-At-Bungie---06022016)

Phil_SS
June 9th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Boom!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFTn6jQk338

Godson
June 9th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Looks great. I want an axe. More than a sword !

Phil_SS
June 10th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Supposedly the Axe is a relic you'll be able to use during patrols. Like the Scorch Cannon (HoW) or Hive Swords (TDB).

novicius
June 24th, 2016, 01:37 PM
Dusting off Destiny this week -- Daily Heroic Story is "Lost to Light". :D

Anyone need help getting a Black Spindle? :lol: #obsolete

21Kid
June 25th, 2016, 06:07 AM
I need help doing the Vault of Glass. :(

Phil_SS
June 25th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Dusting off Destiny this week -- Daily Heroic Story is "Lost to Light". :D

Anyone need help getting a Black Spindle? :lol: #obsolete

Since the 2.3 update you can do the special timed missions anytime you want. You can just pick them from the director.

I'm sure we can pull the people together to do VoG or Crota. Both are quite easy at Level 40.

Yw-slayer
June 26th, 2016, 09:05 PM
VoG is still the best mission for me. But I can't play with you lot anyway as you are all on the XBone.

Phil_SS
July 13th, 2016, 07:53 AM
I so want this framed. :up:

VoG (https://www.bungie.net/en/Community/Detail?itemId=208827606)

novicius
July 25th, 2016, 07:41 AM
Sweet merciful Traveler! Everyone is either a Hunter or Titan in the Iron Banner, I swear. :smh: #spacemagic #finally320

Phil_SS
July 25th, 2016, 08:18 AM
I see plenty of Locks. Mostly after I have been Nova Bombed or Palpantined. :lol:

I'm a helmet away from being 335 on my Titan. Not that it matters, 325 and above is basically equivalent. My Warlock and Hunter are in the low 330's with all their own guns and armor.

If you are up for it, tonight, Chris and I are going to see if we can create a group or join a group to complete the Golgoroth challenge.

novicius
July 25th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Maybe my stats say differently but after this past weekend my perception is firmly set on the hoppers being heavily Hunter-centric followed by Titans. #shrug

I can't do long games currently. I have time for quick matches and frequently dropping out of the rotation to go AFK. ;)

Phil_SS
July 26th, 2016, 02:39 PM
I completed the Golgoroth challenge last night. Now all I need is the Oryx challenge to complete my Y2 Moments of Triumph.

After that my goal will be to take Kid and others through the Raids.

novicius
July 26th, 2016, 06:36 PM
Very very cool, Phil -- what's the reward?

Phil_SS
July 27th, 2016, 11:30 AM
For the Golgoroth Challenge it is one of the Calcified Fragments.

For the Y2 Moments of Triumph; for every two challenges that you complete you get a Shader or an Emblem. And then if you complete the book you get the ability to buy a special personalized T-shirt. You can check out the info here (https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44934/7_HAPPY-BUNGIE-DAY)

You should have four to five of the Moments completed if I'm not mistaken.

novicius
July 27th, 2016, 11:49 AM
I wonder if I have been completing some of those via the Iron Banner? I've picked up a few new shaders but have never seen them in the post-match swag.

I did check The100.io (https://www.the100.io/) recently -- looks like I was kicked out of the club I was running in last year. :lol: I've gotta find some new Sherpas! :D

Phil_SS
July 27th, 2016, 12:35 PM
You should have received the book from the postmaster. It will be in your Inventory, same place as mats and shards etc. Then just open the book and click on each of the moments that has an exclamation point. Under each one it will state, Reward available: Redeem in game. You can see the rewards in the book and the link in my previous post.

FYI, for "The Third Element": Equip a fully leveled Year 2 subclass. You have to equip the subclass for it to trigger.

The other stuff you might have received is a glitch in the game. For some reason the game decided to give all of the TTK Collectors edition gear to every one. The TTK Collectors edition provided a special class item, class specific shader and class specific emote for each class. So it may get taken away as we who didn't buy the Collectors editon were not supposed to receive the gear.

But I'm going to use the Stormcaller class item in the mean time to level out my Stormcaller. I"m still only about 60%. The Class items give a 25% boost to leveling the Year 2 subclasses.

21Kid
July 28th, 2016, 06:00 AM
I completed the Golgoroth challenge last night. Now all I need is the Oryx challenge to complete my Y2 Moments of Triumph.

After that my goal will be to take Kid and others through the Raids.
:o I might have to update a few times. :lol:

I saw Jay got this on Xbox now too.

novicius
July 28th, 2016, 06:19 AM
Fantastic! :D :up:

Wow I ran into the teeth of multiplayer last night! :smh: Was on a winning team only ONCE over two hours of play... #wtf

Phil_SS
July 28th, 2016, 06:48 AM
:o I might have to update a few times. :lol:

I saw Jay got this on Xbox now too.

Fire it up some night and let it update. I looked up your profile and your Lock is LL295. That should be high enough to let you join us for the KF Normal Mode if not Hard Mode. Plus run CoE which can be completed in 15-20 minutes.

Fantastic! :D :up:

Wow I ran into the teeth of multiplayer last night! :smh: Was on a winning team only ONCE over two hours of play... #wtf

#Gitgud

If I see you on tonight I will give you an invite so you can start winning. :p

21Kid
July 28th, 2016, 06:50 AM
FYI, Shannon will be away for 2 months this fall. I should have plenty of time for playing. :D:(:D;):D

novicius
July 28th, 2016, 07:11 AM
...with us on Destiny or with yourself? ;) ♡

Phil_SS
July 28th, 2016, 07:17 AM
That sucks.........don't forget to Pre-order Rise of Iron. :)

novicius
July 28th, 2016, 08:11 AM
#Gitgud

If I see you on tonight I will give you an invite so you can start winning. :p
Sounds good! :up:

You've seen me play before, I'm not completely terrible... ;)

21Kid
July 28th, 2016, 09:27 AM
That sucks.........don't forget to Pre-order Rise of Iron. :)

Is that Season 3?

Phil_SS
July 28th, 2016, 09:54 AM
Year 3, yes.

Rise of Iron (https://www.destinythegame.com/rise-of-iron)

novicius
July 29th, 2016, 05:10 AM
Didn't see you on last night. I had to sack-up and carry a few teams anyway. :hard:

My "best" 320 outfit is currently a Sunsinger build. This makes me sad. :( :lol:

21Kid
July 29th, 2016, 05:29 AM
I fired it up last night to DL the updates. Hopefully should be good to go soon. :)

Phil_SS
July 29th, 2016, 07:26 AM
Didn't see you on last night.

I actually joined your Fireteam last night but you never answered so I figured you were busy and I started playing some Crucible. :)

I helped R1ley complete "The Mountaintop" quest for his Y2 Triumphs. So for most of the rest of the week we are going to apply ourselves to beating the Big O. Hopefully we can find someone tonight that already has the Hard Mode Oryx checkpoint and finish it quickly. Since the Challenge mode technique is the best way to beat him anyways.

novicius
July 29th, 2016, 11:37 AM
Really? :lol: Well there you go: between the wife & kid, I can't play a solid evening without long interruptions!

Phil_SS
July 30th, 2016, 01:24 PM
R1ley and I helped a Sherpa take a few people through a normal mode Kings Fall Raid. Was fun seeing people who had never done the raid see the atmosphere and the mechanics. We completed the Raid by killing Oryx with the Challenge mode technic so every one got the calcified fragment. Getting the fragment completed the last moment I needed to finish my Y2 Moments of Triumph.

So now I can buy my T-shirt. :D

novicius
July 30th, 2016, 03:43 PM
Aw yiss. :hard:

Godson
July 30th, 2016, 10:07 PM
I don't have much to do to finish out my moments of triumph. Going to get that handled soon

Phil_SS
August 1st, 2016, 08:15 AM
Not sure how I didn't get Seventh Column for this. Must not have been rapid enough.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/1ef6cdbb-7849-4a2f-90ff-06bb649eedeb?gamerTag=BergKoenig&scid=37770100-f9ae-4b80-9dad-7c1d0ec14469

And this is the first time I have ever done this. One bullet from Hawkmoon=doubleheadshot. Ofcourse right before that you can see how bad I am with handcannons. But they are fun to play with.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/53666773-f111-430a-852e-c2e87a638bd1?gamerTag=BergKoenig&scid=37770100-f9ae-4b80-9dad-7c1d0ec14469

Godson
August 1st, 2016, 08:38 AM
Nice!

Phil_SS
August 2nd, 2016, 05:48 PM
Big info dump on Game Informer. (http://www.gameinformer.com/p/riseofiron.aspx) Looks awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0K3vRVpIZQ

novicius
August 3rd, 2016, 04:09 AM
You still need a subscription to get the info.

I sincerely love the game but I do wish that the drops were of better quality in multiplayer. I've been grinding pretty hard through multiplayer and the odd Strike but I haven't had much of anything in terms of drops -- even when using Three of Coins. :smh:

Looks like I'm gonna have to saddle up with another Company on The100.io again... #nosleep

Phil_SS
August 3rd, 2016, 09:25 AM
There is plenty of info there just not a lot of specifics. For more specifics go here. (https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4vtog2/gameinformer_rise_of_iron_issue_megathread/)

The place to get a lot of infusion fodder is the Hard Mode KF Raid. I get so much from that I am able to spread it through out all my characters. I've probably run it about 3-4 times and I actually am now breaking down stuff because I have infused everything that I even barely use. Another place is Iron Banner. Now with the drops starting at Level 1, you get tons of gear along the way.

If you are looking for 330+ gear then their is a few places to get it. KF HM Raid and Challenge Mode rewards, IB, CoE, ToO, Exotic Engrams, Strike Specific Loot and Shaxx Weekly Bounties.

novicius
August 3rd, 2016, 09:55 AM
Yes but the Raids require manual fireteam recruiting on a site like The100.io (as I said ;) ). So does the Challenge of Elders.

Also from my complaint about the impotent 3oC's, you should be able to infer that I haven't been receiving any Exotic drops.

Trust me, I know where and how to farm -- and without the freedom to kill hours running HM KF 3 times a week, the Iron Banner has been my only recourse for leveling up my Light Level under reasonably short, casual gameplay.

But I will work CoO for the next few weeks, good idea! ;)

Phil_SS
August 3rd, 2016, 11:58 AM
Right, and CoO also drops 335 Artifacts. :P Well, when you are high enough LL.

You can solo CoE after you get to a high enough level. If I'm on hit me up. R1ley and I two man it on a regular basis. We usually complete the two runs to finish the sigil in about 45 minutes. If we have three of us we can do it even faster.

And for Exotics you know about the yellow bar enemy behind the locked door in the Dreadnaught correct?

novicius
August 3rd, 2016, 01:05 PM
Ok if I see you guys on I'll definitely ping you! ;)

The Yellow Bar enemy doesn't ring a bell -- I'll look it up... :up:

novicius
August 4th, 2016, 04:11 AM
Uncle Jonathan's corn-cob pipe! Mayhem Deathmatch is outrageous! :lol:

Constantly refilling Super, Grenade and Melee meters makes for an incredible lightshow. I was rockin' my Warlock Voidwalker build and just brutally harvested the tears of the fallen! Got Top Score over both teams in at least one game so my spam game is still good. :lol:

After that I got on with Phil & Chris and they sherpa'd me through a couple Challenge of Elders match. :up: :up: #thanksguys

Phil_SS
August 4th, 2016, 08:16 AM
[karate kid]The Best.....Around.[/karate kid] I can't help but sing it that way when I get one. :D

I really like the Mayhem and Inferno game modes. I wish they would use them during the Iron Banner to mix it up a little. But even regular crucible can be a blast with them. Mayhem especially, it's like we all are super heroes.

Did you find the yellow bar Knight behind the locked door?

novicius
August 4th, 2016, 08:41 AM

Nope not yet -- just working through the dailies is about all I usually have time for. I'm off work tomorrow (love this Flex-Schedule!) so I'll give it a hunt! ;) :up:

novicius
August 8th, 2016, 08:37 AM
I took some time off from my Voidwalker build to focus on beefing up my Stormcaller build... but why, honestly? :lol:

I want to Orb all the things! :D I need to build up a Bad Juju + Obsidian Mind Voidwalker again!

Phil_SS
August 8th, 2016, 11:19 AM
I have the same problem. I know Stormtrance can be fun but I gather way more joy droppin a Novabomb on fools. I have about 2.5 bubbles left in my Stormcaller Build and I am completing crucible bounties with my Voidwalker. I just switch sub-classes and put on the Exotic Stormcaller Bond before turning them in. :)

Plus I'm only 15 kills (via Multikill) from getting my Voidwalker Emblem. Mayhem clash should help to get a few more. :devil:

novicius
August 8th, 2016, 07:11 PM
Still no Bad Juju to pair with my old Obsidian Mind but running around with Light Beyond Nemesis was still helpful to my team. :up:

I'd love to do the CoE again this week, Phil. If I had Nothing Manacles then I'd use the Scatter Grenade -- but I don't so Voidfang Vestments + Axion Bolt and max Discipline for me. You guys can DPS the Big Bad. :cool:

Phil_SS
August 9th, 2016, 04:42 AM
DPSing the Boss will be easy with Solar Burn. Getting enough points with Trickle will be a bear.

novicius
August 9th, 2016, 05:03 AM
Does Trickle affect powers like Energy Drain? 'Cause that's the build I'm describing/building.

Phil_SS
August 9th, 2016, 05:56 AM
Trickle affects all abilities. :mad:

It doesn't affect Energy Drain but it does effect your ability to recover your melee to be able to use Energy Drain again. Or your Super again. Or your grenade again.

It can be highly annoying on weeks where...well any week.

novicius
August 9th, 2016, 06:28 AM
Fair enough -- but then I gotta kill the ads, nicking them isn't gonna be enough to charge my orb-dropping Nova Bomb.

Phil_SS
August 9th, 2016, 07:54 AM
Nicking them might be enough. It might be worth it to just all play with a HF/LI autorifle and then kill with grenades when we have the opportunity. Get kills and lots of assists and just play through as fast as possible.

Thinking about it. They way to do it may be to have 3 Sunsingers all running Song of Flame.

Just had a look and there is a good write up on Reddit to combat Trickle. (https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4wvia7/how_to_combat_trickle/)

novicius
August 9th, 2016, 08:16 AM
I'm fairly certain that I have to kill ads to get ED started.

Also, my build is already on that list: Voidwalker w/. Voidfang Vestments + Axion Bolt, max Discipline and all ED perks.

In addition once I have my Nova Bomb ready I can quickly slip on my Light Beyond Nemesis helm for a guaranteed +1 orb. Lastly I also have a Boltcaster exotic with the chance to generate yet another additional orb.

Trust me, I'm full-on in orb generation. ;)

Phil_SS
August 9th, 2016, 08:52 AM
Orb generation is nice but killing with Grenades is what produces the bonus points.

novicius
August 9th, 2016, 08:54 AM
The triple Axion bolts + ED should keep me in the running with the (non-Radiant) Sunsingers.

novicius
August 9th, 2016, 10:04 AM
Nicking them might be enough.
After reading a bit more I see that you're right: nicking baddies is enough to start the Energy Drain. :up:

The problem is that I have to "nick" them with my Axion Bolt grenades. :lol:

In more disappointing news, I shouldn't have junked my Skull of Dire Ahamkara in favor of Light Beyond Nemesis. :( There are two perks that help out better than the Voidfang Vestments that I was unaware of. Looks like I know where my next Exotic Shard is going. :thppt:

(...and I STILL need Bad Juju! :lol: #dammo)

Phil_SS
August 9th, 2016, 11:03 AM
If you are short on Exotic Shards just use the Heavy Telemetry plus Heavy Gun method. For 2500 Glimmer you get two shards. For example:

1: Buy or use Heavy Telemetry
2: Buy Thunderlord (If you have the Glimmer laying around, buy 5-10)
3: Infuse 7-8 Motes of light in to one Thunderlord. (No need to upgrade any of the perks)
4: Break down Thunderlord and receive 2 Exotic Shards.
5: Repeat Step 3-4 until you have enough Shards.

I've been using all of my Ascendant Shards and Energy, Radiant Shards and Energy, Silken Codex, etc to store money for such occasions.

And didn't you have Bad Juju in Year One? Just go buy a Year Two......

novicius
August 9th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Good tip! :up: :up:

No I've had Bad Juju before but junked it after they nerfed it at one point. Then got caught with like 12 LM in the bank when I decided to make an ED Voidwalker, that's all. :lol:

All in good time...

Godson
August 9th, 2016, 09:19 PM
So im not having access to "The Mountaintop" from shaxx. Any suggestions?

novicius
August 10th, 2016, 04:00 AM
No clue but I also need to do it so I'll look into it tonight, Tyler. :up:

::

Well I re-bought the Skull of Dire Ahamkara -- and discovered that Bungie nerfed it at some point. :thppt:

So I went back to Voidfang Vestments but forgot to also reactivate The Hunger so for all of my fights last night I wasn't running at full Energy Drain. Bah! I'm back to full ED perks now.

Lastly, a great way to fight Trickle is to use Dark Drinker, the void sword Exotic. Refills your grenades after slaying just 2-3 baddies! :D

The sword works *so* well that I'm thinking of dropping Voidfang Vestments in favor of Light Beyond Nemesis for the extra orb. I only need to damage a baddie with the Axion Bolt to get my ED started and it's far easier and quicker to start PvE by popping a Heavy Synth to fuel the Sword to start fueling grenades...

Phil_SS
August 10th, 2016, 04:40 AM
So im not having access to "The Mountaintop" from shaxx. Any suggestions?

"The Mountaintop" is the final leg of the questline. It starts out as "Crucible Forged" and advances to other names as you go along the questline.

Here is a link to the Questline Guide on Reddit. (https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4oeugh/the_mountaintop_the_never_ending_crucible_grind/)

Godson
August 10th, 2016, 07:57 AM
Weird, i have no questline that remotrly resembles this.

Phil_SS
August 10th, 2016, 08:59 AM
What is your gamertag? I'll look up your activities and advise. :)

Godson
August 10th, 2016, 08:12 PM
Ps4 here....

Phil_SS
August 11th, 2016, 04:58 AM
I know. :) I can look you up on Bungie.net and see your activities.:popcorn:

My guess is you abandoned the quest early on and it will be in your abandoned quests kiosk. Now, FYI, the abandoned quests kiosk is kinda borked right now. It only shows one page. But what you can do is grab all the quests on page one and then exit and come back in and it will have all the quests on page one that were on page two. Etc. So just do that and then delete all the quests you already completed or don't wanna do. Or stop grabbing quests when you find one called Crucible Forged.

novicius
August 11th, 2016, 07:39 AM
Thanks for that info, Phil. :up: :up:

I hope we get a dogfight/racing/skill challenges with our ships in D2. #repeatedthought

21Kid
August 11th, 2016, 07:43 AM
Wait, I thought TTK was D2? And Iron Wolf(?) was D3...

Or were these more like 1.2 and 1.3?

Then what is D2? (I could probably go search the interwebs on my own I suppose... ain't nobody got time for that!)

novicius
August 11th, 2016, 07:47 AM
Yeah those were DLC/sub-releases IMO.

Destiny 2 is rumored to change that pattern -- no paid DLC, yearly sequel purchases required instead. Madden-model?

Godson
August 11th, 2016, 07:54 AM
I know. :) I can look you up on Bungie.net and see your activities.:popcorn:

My guess is you abandoned the quest early on and it will be in your abandoned quests kiosk. Now, FYI, the abandoned quests kiosk is kinda borked right now. It only shows one page. But what you can do is grab all the quests on page one and then exit and come back in and it will have all the quests on page one that were on page two. Etc. So just do that and then delete all the quests you already completed or don't wanna do. Or stop grabbing quests when you find one called Crucible Forged.

CoagulandDog175

I have only abondoned one questline, and that was the sparrow racing league after that ended.

21Kid
August 11th, 2016, 08:06 AM
Yeah those were DLC/sub-releases IMO.

Destiny 2 is rumored to change that pattern -- no paid DLC, yearly sequel purchases required instead. Madden-model?

Do your characters still carry over?

novicius
August 11th, 2016, 08:16 AM
Yep.

Phil_SS
August 11th, 2016, 08:56 AM
CoagulandDog175

I have only abondoned one questline, and that was the sparrow racing league after that ended.

I couldn't find that Gamertag on Bungie.net. When I search by Coaguland I get no results also. I did find a CoagulantDog.... :)

21Kid
August 11th, 2016, 10:19 AM
It's the drugs...

Godson
August 11th, 2016, 04:13 PM
Fucking auto correct.

Phil_SS
August 11th, 2016, 04:35 PM
If CoagulantDog is you then you have a current quest called "Factions". That is one of the stages of The Mountaintop quest. :)

Phil_SS
August 12th, 2016, 12:06 PM
HAPPY GJALLARHORN DAY!

novicius
August 12th, 2016, 01:26 PM
If you are short on Exotic Shards just use the Heavy Telemetry plus Heavy Gun method. For 2500 Glimmer you get two shards. For example:

1: Buy or use Heavy Telemetry
2: Buy Thunderlord (If you have the Glimmer laying around, buy 5-10)
3: Infuse 7-8 Motes of light in to one Thunderlord. (No need to upgrade any of the perks)
4: Break down Thunderlord and receive 2 Exotic Shards.
5: Repeat Step 3-4 until you have enough Shards.

I've been using all of my Ascendant Shards and Energy, Radiant Shards and Energy, Silken Codex, etc to store money for such occasions.

And didn't you have Bad Juju in Year One? Just go buy a Year Two......
This worked great with Xur today -- bought 4 copies of Super Good Advice and broke them down for 2 Shards each. ;) :up:

Godson
August 13th, 2016, 08:04 PM
If CoagulantDog is you then you have a current quest called "Factions". That is one of the stages of The Mountaintop quest. :)

So I looked in my available quests and I don't have that quest to track. Any ideas on why?

Phil_SS
August 14th, 2016, 04:30 PM
I just had a look at your profile (CoagulantDog?) and your quest has now progressed to the "Weapon Master" stage. :)

Godson
August 15th, 2016, 06:19 PM
Link.? If that were the case i would have gone from step 4 to 7?

Godson
August 15th, 2016, 06:21 PM
https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/Progress/2/4611686018455090254/2305843009351544954

Huh. I will have a look in a bit

Phil_SS
August 16th, 2016, 07:10 AM
That is definitely possible because you can complete sections 4-7 in parallel.

Godson
August 16th, 2016, 07:37 AM
I HATE hand cannons.

Phil_SS
August 16th, 2016, 07:47 AM
I like them but I am horrible with them, especially in PvP.

Cam
August 16th, 2016, 07:59 AM
Hand cannons, my favourite. :)

I do not have it any more, but I seem to remember The Devil You Know being better than some exotic hand cannons I have used.

novicius
August 16th, 2016, 08:05 AM
I like them but I am horrible with them, especially in PvP.
This. :up: :up:

novicius
August 16th, 2016, 09:43 AM
I was back up to 25K Glimmer before buying four Thunderlords and breaking them down. :up:

Been working on my 2nd Warlock (Exo). I still need to complete the Stormcaller and Sunsinger subclasses -- I've just been putting in completed bounty XP into them so far.

novicius
August 16th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Iron Banner's back! :D Casual gamers rejoice!

novicius
August 17th, 2016, 06:40 AM
Also I did pre-order the Rise of Iron (in my pants). :up:

21Kid
August 17th, 2016, 07:23 AM

Phil_SS
August 17th, 2016, 08:58 AM
Hand cannons, my favourite. :)

I do not have it any more, but I seem to remember The Devil You Know being better than some exotic hand cannons I have used.

Since the April update it is available again. Though you can only obtain it from Vanguard packages.

novicius
August 18th, 2016, 04:46 AM
Some good work was done in the Iron Banner last night with Phil & Chris and a special guest appearance by another friend of theirs who was an absolute harvester of souls. :up: :up:

The RNGsus was mostly good to me. Gave me three decently rated (for my Light level) helmets... but what I need are Gauntlets and Torso armor. :lol:

Phil_SS
August 18th, 2016, 06:43 AM
Yeah. Peter does work with that loadout. I plan on giving it a try sometime this week with my Hunter.

Godson
August 18th, 2016, 06:49 AM
Care to pass that info on to a fellow hunter?

I have completed "The mountaintop" quest.

Wasn't as bad as some people claim.

Phil_SS
August 18th, 2016, 12:04 PM
MIDA Multitool plus Radiant Dance Machines plus Gunslinger.

The Mountaintop when it was initially released was a much tougher task. When I completed it, walking up hill both ways in the snow, wins were required for the stages that was for a specific game type. Aka, get 3 wins in Rumble, Get 3 wins in Control. The weapon sections required getting 6+ kills with that specific weapon plus the win. So I would get 6+ hand cannon kills but my team would lose. No progress made. And for the sections that required points, if I lost, I lost points.

The way it is now if I put in the time I can make progress. The way it was before, I could play all night and not move an inch.

Godson
August 18th, 2016, 12:22 PM
Ah

novicius
August 20th, 2016, 03:35 PM
Just casually playing the Iron Banner deathmatches I've gained enough gear to top a Light Level of 326 without raiding. Maxing out my Iron Banner rep gave me an Iron Companion Vestments chest piece rated at 330. :up: :up:

Now I need Armor Components -- any tips? :D

novicius
August 22nd, 2016, 05:34 AM
One more night to get Chris his Iron Companion Vestments! :lol:

But I gotta farm the Court of Oryx for drops beforehand. #armormats

Phil_SS
August 22nd, 2016, 07:30 AM
RNG is a bitch. :lol:

I played 9 matches with my Warlock last night and we won 8 of them. I figure 3-4 matches and I should be able to get to Level 5 with him. My Hunter is at Level 5 and I think all I have to do is turn in the weeklies with my Titan and she will be Level 5.

At this point though. I think all of the gear will be saved for Legendary Marks.

novicius
August 22nd, 2016, 08:08 AM
Yep, I have been blessed with four Vestments in the time that Chris has received zero.

novicius
August 23rd, 2016, 04:56 AM
So did Chris get his robes? :lol:

Boda invited me to Hard Mode King's Fall last night but my boy was having a tough time getting to sleep unfortunately. :(

novicius
August 23rd, 2016, 08:17 AM
Huh. Never knew that Toland didn't have much respect for The Speaker. #destinylore

Phil_SS
August 23rd, 2016, 09:08 AM
So did Chris get his robes? :lol:

He actually did receive them. He played most of the night with his Titan to Level her up and when he got her to Level 5, he switched characters and we played two games before signing off and he got them. Of course I received three of them during the night. :lol:

I had a blast last night using Plan C. I had never really played with it but decided to give it a go since pulse rifles are now relevant. And man is it good. The Plan C perk procs as soon as you switch weapons, so if you switch and immediately pull the trigger it fires immediately. It is a great close quarters weapon.

Kchrpm
August 23rd, 2016, 09:10 AM
Can you not trade items with each other? I thought The Division was the only co-op loot game that didn't have it (it does now), but it's one of the only ones I've ever played (I had an affair with Torchlight). I actually don't know what the norm is, I guess.

Phil_SS
August 23rd, 2016, 10:43 AM
You cannot trade items with each other. And I personally like it that way. Yes RNG can be a pain sometimes but it doesn't expose the underbelly of pay for gaming or fraud.

And the way the game is designed it wouldn't work anyways. The game drops more than enough loot for each individual person as they play the game.

Kchrpm
August 23rd, 2016, 10:47 AM
I like the solution that The Division ended up with, you can only trade with whoever was there when the item dropped for you. There are other limitations, but that's basically how it works. Greatly limits the pay for gaming stuff (some people still pay to get sherpa'd through stuff, but that was happening before anyway), but I've gotten some stuff that I had been searching high and low for because of generous compatriots.

Of course now almost everything that everyone gets is useless to everyone...

novicius
August 24th, 2016, 07:49 AM
Gah, multiplayer Doubles sucks with randos!! :angry:

(I mean I got it done, it's just balls.)

I will say that RNGsus shined His light down upon me: I *finally* received the Hebridean Thoughtcrime for my loading screens (:lol:)! :hard:

Phil_SS
August 24th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Huh, I thought you could only get the Hebridean Thoughtcrime from Iron Banner....

I didn't play Doubles because I wanted a partner I knew and could talk to. I need to play one match to get the Grimiore card. I did get the Sterling Treasure by playing the Freestyle 6v6 activity.

Otherwise I have been completing the Quests for the subclass emblems. So far I have completed the quest for Defender, Striker and VoidWalker. I'm down to the last step on the Breaker and Nightstalker of having to get Multikills with a Super. For Stormcaller, Sunsinger, Bladedancer and Gunslinger I'm on the initial quest step.

It's amazing after almost a year of playing that I am not farther along with some of them. I don't use melee as an initial option but it seems strange that I haven't killed 15 guardians in the last year with a throwing knife.

novicius
August 24th, 2016, 11:08 AM
It's a Crucible ship -- at least it's listed under the Crucible entry on the display near Amanda Holliday's desk.

novicius
August 24th, 2016, 06:06 PM
Nightfall completed and the Imago Loop handcannon acquired! :cool:

Peeps are saying this is the new Fatebringer?

novicius
August 29th, 2016, 04:24 AM
Ran through Nightfall again with my 2nd Warlock. Really easy with a Void-burn 1,000 Yard Stare. :lol:

Phil_SS
August 29th, 2016, 08:30 AM
Nightfall completed and the Imago Loop handcannon acquired! :cool:

Peeps are saying this is the new Fatebringer?

Sortof. But only if you get one with Outlaw and Firefly. And it still doesn't do any elemental damage.

novicius
August 30th, 2016, 05:35 AM
Good points. :up:

I've been playing with the Zhalo Supercell for awhile now. Great for Nightstalkers but on its own? A little anemic, IMO. Like hunting with an electrified Airsoft rifle. :lol: Any tips, Phil?

Also I bought a purple engram from the Cryptarch on a whim last night and the RNGsus gifted me with the Exotic pulse rifle Telesto. I guess I'm done complaining for 2016. :D

Phil_SS
August 31st, 2016, 10:43 AM
The LI/HR class of auto rifles are one of the most potent primary weapons for PvP. Zhalo and Monte Carlo fall into that category, as well as Doctrine of Passing or Arminius-D etc, but you need to be fairly close to people for them to be most effective. If you play as if you are using a scout rifle with them you will die lot. But use them in a more forward and in your face playstyle and you can be very formidable.

And Telesto is the besto.

novicius
August 31st, 2016, 03:29 PM
Very good, thanks! :up: :up:

Godson
August 31st, 2016, 09:56 PM
Yeah, i play up in your face when using the Zhalo. My deaths usually come at the medium distance when trying to get friendly.

novicius
September 1st, 2016, 06:43 AM
Cool, yeah changing my playstyle from Pulse Rifle/Scout Rifle to in yo' face worked well for me last night. I just kept walking towards people while doling out the electrified facials and surviving each encounter over and over again.

:up:

Phil_SS
September 1st, 2016, 08:41 AM
If you are going to play in your face try Claws of Ahamkara as they give you two melee charges. With the Warlocks reach and a Voidwalker setup of The Hunger and Life Steal you can be a in your face soul stealing machine that is recharging your health along the way.

novicius
September 1st, 2016, 08:53 AM
I like that idea! :D

I've got the Nothing Manacles for those homing Gjallerhorn Wolfpack Rounds-like Scatter Grenades. Also grants an extra grenade. Great for finishing off opponents and they move far faster than the Axion Bolts.

Kchrpm
September 1st, 2016, 08:56 AM
I have two questions:
- Are these somewhat peculiar names in any way similar to the types of names people would use in D&D or similar games?
- For Carlo and others that enjoy accurate mil-spec media, do the peculiar names turn you off or do you appreciate that everything has its own specific name?

novicius
September 1st, 2016, 10:08 AM
Yes although typically in D&D you'd add the Buff value to it. In Destiny since the buffs are almost always varying, there's really no need.

As for the milspec nature, no this does nothing for me in that regard. If Bungie had started off talking about cased/caseless/rail/chemical weapon types, ball/shot/frangible/etc. ammo types, sizes in mm or amperage or plasma volume, whatever -- then that would be cool. But that's also far more detail than Destiny as a whole delivers.

Destiny is a bit like WH40K in this sense: the legend and narrative of your weapon is more important than the technical specs beyond "what damage type (if any) does this weapon do and how many times can you pull the trigger before you have to reload?"

21Kid
September 1st, 2016, 11:26 AM
The weapons have history/story to them? :?

Phil_SS
September 1st, 2016, 11:46 AM
Yes, the exotic weapons have Grimiore cards. And some of the them like Thorn and the Last Word have long involved stories throughout the cards associated with dead ghosts.

Case in point. (http://thebests.kotaku.com/the-best-story-from-destiny-s-hidden-lore-1728113953)

21Kid
September 1st, 2016, 01:00 PM
I wish I had the time/desire to read all of those. :| It sounds like there could be quite a good story there, if you put it all together.

Kchrpm
September 1st, 2016, 01:28 PM
I skimmed it.
Super short TLDR version: Hero kills Early Villain.

EV: "Those your last words?"
H: "Yours, not mine." *shoots and kills EV*

Bigger Villain kills Hero.

Hero's Apprentice is given Hero's gun, then Bigger Villain confronts him.

BV: "This is truly an end..."
HA: *shoots and kills BV* "Yours, not mine."

novicius
September 1st, 2016, 01:55 PM
I wish I had the time/desire to read all of those. :| It sounds like there could be quite a good story there, if you put it all together.
Bungie games have always had good stories. ;)

That's the thing: I also have complained about the Grimoire in the past but the reality is that this is the most concise and cohesive way Bungie has had to share their lore.

In Marathon and Marathon 2, you had to go to all the terminals in-game to get the back story (much like Halo 4, funnily enough). Halo 1 was announced over Jason Jones' .plan file (a precursor to Facebook in a sense). The ARG 'I Love Bees' announced Halo 2 -- and people had to gather around pay phones and record the automated messages. I'm sure I'm forgetting other examples.

The Grimoire can be read on your phone/tablet/PC. Almost anticlimactic. :lol:

novicius
September 1st, 2016, 01:58 PM
Also they're not fully developed stories usually, just snippets of flavor. Extrapolate and/or theorize from their entries or surviving records.

http://www.ishtar-collective.net

novicius
September 1st, 2016, 07:40 PM
FINALLY Light Level 330! :hard:

21Kid
September 2nd, 2016, 05:26 AM
I just want to shoot stuff and be spoon-fed the story. :popcorn: Goes to play MGS V

Personally, I'd rather hear/see the story about the gun right when I get it.
I understand that it would be impossible to do during any co-op play.

They could give you that text in a 15-30 second video when you unlock the gun back at base. Or show those cards during the loading screens between planets. I don't need to see my ship hovering over the planet surface every time i go somewhere. Mix it up.
Dragon Age tried to do this, but their loading times were so fast, I'd barely be able to read 1-2 sentences sometimes. :lol: I haven't had that problem with Destiny. :finger:

Cam
September 2nd, 2016, 05:55 AM
But look how gorgeous your useless plane looks!

novicius
September 2nd, 2016, 07:01 AM
Well what it should be is Mass Effect-style in-game narratives from the various NPCs in the Tower telling you the stories of your weapons and gear (at least). And then some XP. :D

Godson
September 2nd, 2016, 07:35 AM
I have a lot of reading then...

21Kid
September 2nd, 2016, 08:50 AM
But look how gorgeous your useless plane looks!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lz4PCZ6iRyA/maxresdefault.jpg

Godson
September 3rd, 2016, 10:12 PM
I just got the last word, currently trying to do the quest for it, and if is maddening. I don't like hand cannons because I such with them. And for it to take away what you accomplish...

Phil_SS
September 8th, 2016, 10:45 AM
I completed the first part of that quest by wearing it during SRL races and only equipping when I had a super or Heavy ammo. Inferno 6v6 may not be bad this week. People tend to bunch up in control matches since no one has radar.

Version 2.4 drops today. Will be available after 7PM EST. Should be interesting to see if there are any new things to do. When the update for TTK was released, a week before the actual release, there were new things to do. The new crucible maps and Rift were available.

Edit: Version 2.4 is now available for download.

Kchrpm
September 8th, 2016, 11:26 AM
You know, in re-thinking the story of The Last Word, I was telling myself how cool that would be as a story beat that you actually experience, but how can you do that, a simple one-shot climactic battle, without resulting to a full-on QTE game like Telltale makes.

But then I remembered that so many games have been doing stuff like this, and not even just with QTE-style gameplay. Grand Theft Auto has had more and more player choice at major story junctions, and they are increasingly based on what actions you take vs what button you press. The last Call of Duty I played (on Wii U, don't laugh) had a moment where there was a choice I wasn't even aware of: you are told to snipe someone, but depending on the severity of your one shot they are killed or simply injured and that has major effects on the rest of the story.

There's also a climactic showdown in one of the Splinter Cell games, where you're given the choice at the very end, face-to-face, to kill or spare the friend turned enemy you have revealed and chased down and had a well written stand-off with.

And I haven't even played the Mass Effect games!

This isn't a judgment of whether Destiny could have or should have told these stories in game somehow. It's just a reminder that in-game storytelling has so much potential, and that it can be used without sacrificing gameplay or forcing the player into a "Press X to pay your respects" situation. I look forward to what great game makers will make for us next.

novicius
September 9th, 2016, 05:40 AM
Yep, Destiny could definitely improve the storytelling -- but hell, Jason Jones & Bungie have traditionally told very, very linear stories with their games. Very little breaking out of their comfort zone.

It could be argued that Destiny's hobbled release, hacked-together narrative and firing of the original writer was absolutely because JJ wanted a more open-world, go-anywhere game and instead was delivered another on-rails shooter.

His sin is that instead of partying with strippers on his private island made of money for two years after selling the Halo franchise to Microsoft while he "recharged", he should have been much more more involved day-to-day with his writer. Bungie has been trying to turn the ship ever since.

Got the 12GB Rise of Iron update downloaded overnight. Right off the bat the changes feel much more like the team that did Sparrow Racing are in charge vs The Taken King. Here's hoping the actual release feels more substantial.

Godson
September 9th, 2016, 08:02 AM
I pre ordered mine yesterday. It comes out in like what 11 days?

Cam
September 9th, 2016, 08:53 AM
Turned on the Xbone last night to play Destiny for an hour before bed. Had to do a 12 Gb update. :eek: Needless to say, I didn't play Destiny last night. :lol:

Phil_SS
September 9th, 2016, 10:12 AM
I pre ordered mine yesterday. It comes out in like what 11 days?

Si.

novicius
September 11th, 2016, 09:13 AM
Grainy visuals reported with update 2.4.0. :|

Phil_SS
September 11th, 2016, 05:49 PM
I've seen posts about it as well but I haven't experienced it. Though maybe that is because I play on a 720P TV.

novicius
September 11th, 2016, 07:16 PM
Yeah possibly. I see it but based on some tips from Reddit, I pumped up my brightness and that helped a lot.

novicius
September 13th, 2016, 05:13 AM
Lately I've been slowing down my gameplay even more than usual: I've been rolling with a Black Spindle sniper rifle as my "primary" and a Finnala's Peril handcannon as my "holdout".

Combine this with practicing Blink jumps and I feel like a Hunter now! :lol:

Phil_SS
September 13th, 2016, 10:51 AM
Private matches are now live!

And CoO is rotating Level 3 enemies and the KF Raid has all three challenge modes enabled.

novicius
September 13th, 2016, 11:04 AM
1v1 me bro :lol:

Phil_SS
September 13th, 2016, 11:28 AM
:D

I've seen some great ideas for the private matches beyond just general playstyle. For example:

Hide and go seek: Have the seeker turn off his/her HUD and they won't see names above people.
Predator: Predator uses a LMG or some other high end weapon and everyone else uses Khovstov. I"m pretty sure we used to play this in Halo. Could even just be a Bladedancer with Shadowjack and Stalker and they can only use melee. :) And all the Dutch's and Dillon's have to go HUDless.
Battleship: Two teams line up like on a Battleship board with a wall so they can't see each other but can toss Tripmine grenades at each other. Then take turns etc. The people who are killed can then help the others still in the game with their aim.

Just saw on Reddit. That every Crucible Map has a ghost. I know what I'll be doing when I get home. Love searching for stuff like that. Would be fun as a group also.

Phil_SS
September 16th, 2016, 05:49 AM
New Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39jvouEt44s

Plus there is a new buff that you can get through infection in the Crucible. It relates to this website (http://owlsector.bungie.net/#en). If you click on the OWL Sector Records in the bottom right corner you can see a discussion that deals with each of the buffs. Some of the commentary is pretty insightful or funny. Like this.

Owl Sector Internal, OS-I6 3

RAM: Berriole found a trove of laboratory notes in a locked section of the Dust Palace. Some dead scientist named Shirazi. Some forgotten experiment under the auspices of Willa Bray.
QUI: She's good as a bloodhound for secrets.
SHU: You could use a bit more sheepdog, yourself.
RAM: Our Guardians will honor the ban on City travel. This has been relayed on all channels as far as Saturn.
QUI: They might have honored the quarantine.
SHU: They're Guardians, Quist. Means the Light has cooked their brains. Haven't you seen them dancing in the Plaza, for no reason, with no music at all? We'll take what we can get.

The thought is that as more Guardians are infected then more of the information is released.

Godson
September 16th, 2016, 07:39 AM
I'm excited for this update

novicius
September 16th, 2016, 09:39 AM
:up: :up:

Light level 333 with my main 'toon now. :hard:

21Kid
September 20th, 2016, 06:47 AM
Here's what it's like to jump back into Destiny... 2 years later (http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/09/20/heres-what-its-like-to-jump-back-into-destiny2-years-later)

I head to the Tower, as I figure that’s a good place to get the lay of the land. I immediately notice there are icons everywhere, innumerable icons, and everyone’s guardians look amazing. I feel like a slob in my year one rags, and getting a better outfit immediately becomes my primary motivator. God, I look so comparatively terrible. Carlo? :? Is that you?

Cam
September 20th, 2016, 07:32 AM
I came back to Destiny in year two after a hiatus. I still had year one gear equipped. Someone sent me a message saying that I had cool gear and asked me where I got it. :lol:

21Kid
September 20th, 2016, 07:33 AM
You're retro. ;)

Phil_SS
September 20th, 2016, 08:07 AM
Here's what it's like to jump back into Destiny... 2 years later (http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/09/20/heres-what-its-like-to-jump-back-into-destiny2-years-later)

Carlo? :? Is that you?

Carlo has been around the whole time.....he already looks fly. I would think that article would be more centered on your experience if you came back.

And I still have my Year One Armor for my Titan. It is still my favorite. Except for the helmet, which was great but doesn't come close to my Golden Bull helmet.

21Kid
September 20th, 2016, 08:25 AM
I know that. It sounds like it was written by him though. :p

I played TTK. I'm still pissed that I only got credit for Oryx, but not the first two. :smh:

Phil_SS
September 20th, 2016, 08:36 AM
We can easily get you the other two. :)

21Kid
September 20th, 2016, 09:34 AM
That's not the point! :mad: I already did them. In order even.

:sadbanana:

Godson
September 20th, 2016, 09:34 AM
Fuck golgoroth

novicius
September 20th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Nice, Kid. ;) :up:

I've loaded up ROI ("Rise of Iron" not "Return On Investment", peeps) and checked it out.

First off, all of the grinding I've done to get to 333 is *instantly* wiped out. Yes, YW, now I know how you felt! :lol:

It is ok tho' -- I had been stockpiling my Legendary & Exotic engrams for a few weeks now so I was able to pop them off. Heh, I should have also been saving my Rares! Blues can now hit over 330's so that's nice. But yeah, in very short order everyone is gonna be 350-360ish Light Level.

So I'm not too worried about the Light Level. There are plenty of ways to buy 350 gear, and Variks and others are even selling 360's.

I also did the first Story mission -- heh, suffice to say that contradictions still abound! :lol: #fuckit #keepshooting

novicius
September 21st, 2016, 03:52 AM
How to get the Gjallerhorn (spoilers). (https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/53nqp2/spoilers_gjallahorn_exotic_quest_guide/)

I'm back to saving up all my Legendary & Exotic engrams again until all 3 of my 'toons are 350 (at least!). Just doesn't pay to open them up sooner, play the game and you'll get all the Blurple drops you need to infuse and level-up.

The current Light Level cap of 400 is currently in play, btw. People have 385+ LL 'toons right now and are getting even higher drops. So bank yo' shizz, do not reveal those engrams! :D

Phil_SS
September 21st, 2016, 07:52 AM
First off, all of the grinding I've done to get to 333 is *instantly* wiped out. Yes, YW, now I know how you felt! :lol:

Every MMORPG works this way, I'm not sure why you expected anything different. :smh: And YW wasn't upset that the level was raised with the expansion, he was upset because none of the armor or weapons could be upgraded meaning you basically had to start over three months after the game was released. ROI doesn't work that way, any Year 2 gear can be upgraded in ROI.

I completed the story quest last night and it was pretty good, short but good, not unlike TTK. The last mission is especially fun. I then bumped around the Plaguelands for a bit but didn't start any of the new quests. So far there are plenty of quests and missions to do. :)

novicius
September 21st, 2016, 09:49 AM
Phil, I'm not upset. Are you upset? Your post sounds upset. :lol:

Phil_SS
September 21st, 2016, 10:39 AM
:) <----Does this look upset.

novicius
September 21st, 2016, 02:01 PM

novicius
September 22nd, 2016, 03:28 AM
Cam helped me finish the main storyline last night -- wow, that was short! :lol:

Very pretty but short. #twss

novicius
September 22nd, 2016, 05:55 PM
So quiet... ;) #grindgrindgrind

I'm up to 24 engrams banked so far. This should be helpful in another month or two once I'm at Light Level 360.

Yw-slayer
September 22nd, 2016, 10:15 PM
I'm still upset about losing months of my life that I'll never get back, but I've long-since moved on.

21Kid
September 23rd, 2016, 05:45 AM
I tried playing my TKK version the other night and I could not do any of the "daily" tasks, because you had to have the new hotness. :(

novicius
September 23rd, 2016, 06:32 AM
Yeah you're stuck at TTK-level of play. :(

21Kid
September 23rd, 2016, 07:11 AM
No I'm not... I can't play any of the daily quests any more.

Do to the always evolving nature. They've taken functionality away, if you don't pay to upgrade.

novicius
September 23rd, 2016, 07:31 AM
But you can still do TTK strikes, older missions and some Crucible matchmaking, right?

I understand you can't do any Daily events.

21Kid
September 23rd, 2016, 01:23 PM
I didn't try the crucible, but the other stuff was still there, yes.

Cam
September 23rd, 2016, 04:43 PM
So, basically, they're charging a yearly fee to play Destiny. :assclown:

Yw-slayer
September 24th, 2016, 07:32 PM
This looks like the right time and place to post this: http://adequateman.deadspin.com/study-americas-large-adult-sons-economically-crippled-1787002937 :assclown:

novicius
September 26th, 2016, 04:02 AM
Probably accurate. :up:

Phil joined up with me for a while last night -- wow, they have been grinding Omnigul quite successfully! :D Sooo jealous!

Damn impressive to see how far they got (like, Light Levels in the mid/high-350's -- Phil can post the actual numbers) in such a short amount of time.

Phil_SS
September 26th, 2016, 12:56 PM
My Titan is 358 LL and I have enough blue gear to bring my Hunter and Warlock into the mid 350's from farming Omnigul. But I'm just going to keep going til I get to 365 which is a soft cap for rare engrams.

I'm having a great time with ROI. I can tell how much better things are because they dropped the old (X360, PS3) systems. The plaguelands is a huge space and the effects and minutiae of the space is more involved and plentiful. The new strikes are good especially the Wretched Eye. The music for the revamped Sepiks boss battle is awesome. :hard:

The new Supremacy game style is fun and different from anything else in the crucible. Requires a different play style that is more CQB and teamwork. You can't just stand back in the back of the map and snipe as you can in Clash or to a lesser extent Control.

Can't wait to try the Raid.

Godson
October 1st, 2016, 10:52 AM
I'm not a hand cannon guy, but I am enjoying the ill will

Godson
October 2nd, 2016, 01:40 PM
I've come into a really bad glitch on the new supremacy. If the player has a bad connection, you can't pick up the crest. At all.

Kchrpm
October 2nd, 2016, 04:10 PM
I got to play a little bit of Destiny today. All I can say is...I'm the captain now!

Phil_SS
October 3rd, 2016, 12:16 PM
My daughter asked where you lived and I said "you lived in another city called Cincinnati." She said "I wished he lived here." :)

Me too Peanut...Me too.

Boda Zen
October 3rd, 2016, 12:49 PM
Been through the raid. Got the sexy pulse rifle. If you guys need a 6th let me know. Id be hppy to join in if im not scheduled for something else.

Godson
October 6th, 2016, 10:13 PM
Light Level 350!

novicius
October 10th, 2016, 06:37 AM
Great work! :D :up: #rehab

I'm also floating around LL350. I spend too much time investing in my favorite gear vs just wearing Blues and working on maxing out LL at this stage. I should ignore it until I'm 385. :smh:

Phil_SS
October 10th, 2016, 08:59 AM
Rares (Blues) only go up to 365. And they can only be obtained from Strike bosses. Every 320 or Heroic strike boss will drop two every time that is basically 1-3 LL higher than your current character level. Once you get to 365 it is all Legendaries and Exotics for rank up. Though they will drop or decode at a much higher level, more like 3-5 above your current level.

I had a pretty fun time just running my highest LL gear even if it was a Rare. At one point I had an entire load out that was all Rares.

Between completing Iron Banner bounties and Leveling up in Iron Banner I got a ton of stuff. They really throw gear at you. Getting one character to Level 5 equals six Legendary drops. Plus you get all of the end match drops along the way.

novicius
October 10th, 2016, 01:53 PM
Stops at 365, got it. :up: :up:

novicius
October 13th, 2016, 08:22 AM
I am closing in on LL360... #grinding

Phil_SS
October 14th, 2016, 12:03 PM
Per This (https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45354/7_This-Week-at-Bungie--10132016)

"On October 18th, corresponding with the release of Heroic Mode for Wrath of the Machine, your Maximum Light will be increased to 400. With this increase, many reward sources will also increase their maximum Light. Strike Hoards, Nightfall, Exotic Engrams, Trials of Osiris, Crucible, and Iron Banner will now provide rewards up to 400 Light. Archon’s Forge, the Heroic SIVA Strike playlist, and Legendary Engrams will now provide rewards up to 385 Light. Rare Engrams and the SIVA Strike Playlist will now provide rewards up to 365 Light. The recommended Light for these activities will remain the same with the exception of Nightfall, which will be increased to a recommended light of 380. For those striving to reach Heroic Wrath of the Machine or even attempt their first run at Normal Wrath of the Machine, players should find more paths and options available to them to reach the recommended Light.

For players forging their path through Wrath of the Machine, Trials of Osiris, and Iron Banner, these activities will now attempt to reward higher Light on average, compared to your current Light.

Artifacts and Ghosts were dropping from fewer sources than intended and have been added as Archon’s Forge completion rewards. These items will now drop up to 400 Light. In Faction Packages, the rate at which Ghosts are rewarded has been increased. Likewise, the rate of artifacts from Eris’ Faction Packages have been increased."

Most of it isn't a surprise. Usual fare when Hard mode is released but the addition of artifacts and ghosts as rewards for Archon's Forge is very much welcome. Archon's Forge already drops a plethora of engrams and with the addition of artifacts and ghosts it will make leveling up a more straight forward enterprise.

novicius
October 14th, 2016, 01:03 PM
:up: :up:

Also (for Tyler as you no doubt already know this, Phil), Xur is finally NOT selling a Year One Exotic Engram! :D

Godson
October 15th, 2016, 09:05 PM
I have played for 3+ hours in the crucible, and haven't been on the winning team but twice. Been top scorer on my team almost every round.

#fuckingfrustrating

Godson
October 15th, 2016, 09:15 PM
Finally was going to win a match, got disconnected with a general code. Anteater.

Fml

novicius
October 15th, 2016, 09:56 PM
Yeah those runs suck. :|

In other news, LL 366! :rawk:

novicius
October 16th, 2016, 07:38 PM
Alright, a solid weekend of gaming and I now have a Warlock & Titan up to LL 365 each -- plus the new Iron Gjallerhorn finally.

I think I still prefer Sleeper Simulat heavy fusion rifle. :lol:

Kchrpm
October 17th, 2016, 07:02 AM
If I played Destiny, I would be a female human that punches the shit out of everyone.

novicius
October 17th, 2016, 11:57 AM

Yeah punching is mandatory -- but the Space Wizard has far greater reach than the Tank. :cool:

21Kid
October 17th, 2016, 12:01 PM
http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsmovie/btilc/lightning.jpg

Kchrpm
October 17th, 2016, 12:17 PM

Yeah punching is mandatory -- but the Space Wizard has far greater reach than the Tank. :cool:

Would she still get to punch?

Her name would be Captain Vivian :up:

novicius
October 17th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Oh yeah, Phil's lady Titan rains down some meaty thwacks. ;)

21Kid
October 18th, 2016, 05:52 AM
I haven't heard that innuendo before...

Phil_SS
October 18th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Oh yeah, Phil's lady Titan rains down some meaty thwacks. ;)

As much as she can reach with her T-Rex arms. :lol:

Some general comments:

-My main is up to 376LL. And I don't think she has looked any better.

-I've got all of the Year 3 exotics except for the Warlock Gauntlets Ophidian Aspect, which are supposed to be really good. Especially for crucible. Tranversive Steps are pretty great also, especially for PvE.

-Carlo's Titan looks ridiculously awesome with Thagomizers.

-The armor sets for all the classes are very well done. From Iron Banner to Raid to Archon's Forge.

-All the Iron Banner weapons are cool looking and are good weapons to use. From what I hear the Raid weapons are as well. They have done a great job of making the weapons that require a little bit of time and effort a worthy prize. Same with the Armor.

-I haven't tried the Raid yet.

-This expansion is very well done. And if it was created by only a small group of people (Live Team), then they have done a fantastic job. And it bolds well for Destiny 2, because I can see a lot of the improvements that have been possible due to dropping the old systems. Destiny 2 will be built for only the current systems and on a new platform. Should make for more features and for Bungie to be able to release new and better content at a faster pace.

-I don't think many people realize how great of a hindrance it has been having to build the game and have it run on the old platforms (PS3, X360)

novicius
October 19th, 2016, 02:08 AM
A-thank you, Phil! :D #sametoyou

Saw Phil walking around @ LL 379 last night. :up: My Warlock is now up to LL 375 and I have plenty of gear in the bank that will take some time to weed through after this update.

Phil_SS
October 19th, 2016, 06:59 AM
After last night my Titan is now LL 383. :D

And I received the Thorn quest after turning in Bounties for Shiro. :up: Should be cool to see how that progresses. If it has a "Get kills with Void Weapons in Crucible step", it will be fun to pull out Atheon's Epilogue.

Phil_SS
October 20th, 2016, 07:45 AM
SGA: After completing the first step in the Thorn bounty (Complete the Wretched Eye Strike) just run the last two missions for the Gjallarhorn and you will kill enough Fallen for the next step. Make sure you take someone with you though. There are so many enemies on both missions that you can be overwhelmed very quickly.

Now I'm on to getting kills in the Crucible with Void Weapons. So I'm gonna go Year 1: Atheons Epilogue, Swordbreaker, Corrective Measure.

novicius
October 22nd, 2016, 03:52 AM
Hit LL 385 last night. Pretty much all-Rares (Blues) still -- I have yet to weed through any gear.

novicius
October 22nd, 2016, 11:40 AM
Gear weeded through -- LL 387 and still climbing. :hard:

Godson
October 22nd, 2016, 09:20 PM
Currently at LL365, I guess that's where the blue engrams stop dropping?

novicius
October 23rd, 2016, 03:58 AM
No, keep playing SIVA Crisis Heroic. Every boss will keep dropping Blues that you can use. I've got a Rare (Blue) Warlock Artifact rated at 388 equipped right now, for example.

Just keep playing. ;) #easy

novicius
October 23rd, 2016, 05:01 AM
Wait, I think I'm confused -- maybe I got that high blue as a result of leveling up a Vendor? 'Cause I just did a SIVA Crisis Heroic strike and did get only two 385's...

novicius
October 23rd, 2016, 06:33 AM
I just checked my Vault: I have Rare (Blue) Warlock Artifacts at 386 & 387.

Godson
October 23rd, 2016, 07:25 AM
I meant engrams

novicius
October 23rd, 2016, 03:47 PM
Do you mean unlocking Rare engrams? Then yeah, they max out at 365 when unlocked.

Godson
October 23rd, 2016, 05:49 PM
Yeah, that's what I meant. Currently resting at 368. Need a new shell as my best is only 362. For some reason that is all I keep getting is a 362

Phil_SS
October 24th, 2016, 05:21 AM
Archon's Forge and Faction/Vanguard/Crucible rank up packages give you the best chance for ghosts.

Archon's Forge drops Ghosts, Relics and Class Items up to 400 LL. So anytime your guardian's LL is even or being held back by any of those three items, just go run some Archon's Forge. 30-40 minutes later you'll have all three at 3-4 above your current LL. Plus have a ton of Engrams to break down for materials, glimmer and Legendary gear.

novicius
October 24th, 2016, 07:23 AM
Sweet. :up: :up:

I am currently stuck at LL 387 so that's what I will work on next -- thanks Phil!!

Phil_SS
October 24th, 2016, 09:17 AM
I'm up to 388 LL and I'm in the same boat. Legendaries decrypt up to 385. So it provides infusion fodder for my other characters and additional 385 weapon choices but nothing for the armor on my main.

So to get to 400 I have the following options:

Faction/Vanguard/Crucible rank up packages go to 390 LL.

After that it will be:

Archon's Forge drops Ghosts, Relics and Class Items up to 400 LL.
Exotic Engrams go to 400 LL.
Trials of Osiris, Iron Banner, Crucible, and Strike Hoards (Aka Strike Chests) go to 400LL.
HM Raid can drop items up to 400 LL.

So last night I flipped on a Crucible booster and played for a couple hours. In that time I got 2 exotic engrams and 2 Legendaries from end game drops that allowed me to boost my gear. Plus I got a Crucible Rank up package and a FWC rank up package that boosted my gear.

I also completed my Thorn Bounty over the weekend. Stuck directly into my Vault. And I found out in regular Crucible that Corrective Measure just melts people. I started looking and none of the Vendors sell a similar weapon but I can get one from Crucible as a drop. It's called the Unending Deluge III.

Godson
October 24th, 2016, 02:56 PM
I've been wrecked by corrective measure and unending deluge.

Phil_SS
October 25th, 2016, 06:44 AM
Another FYI, The Weekly Crucible Bounty Quest from Shaxx can give gear up to 400 as well. This week it is Supremacy. So grab it and then as you are completing quests for Festival of the Lost you can be completing the Bounty as well. Plus pop a Crucible booster and you will probably gain a crucible level and half a faction level.

Cam
October 26th, 2016, 11:37 AM
Pretty spaceships.

Phil_SS
October 26th, 2016, 12:19 PM
Very nice!

A buddy of mine who has been away from the game for a bit came back on yesterday to play a bit during The Festival of the Lost. One of the quests has you play a bit of Crucible while wearing a mask, aka get 30 kills. So we went into Supremacy and he said, what's Supremacy?

This guy pretty much plays Crucible by running around as a Striker and Shoulder Charging people. I'm not sure he even uses a gun. Anyways, he usually hates Crucible but he had a great time. In the three games we played he led our team in two of those matches in points, both being wins. :)

So, if you haven't tried Supremacy, give it a shot.

novicius
October 28th, 2016, 04:56 AM
Cleaned out my Plagueland bounties for Shiro-4 yesterday. While working in the Archon's Forge, I did get two Class items at 389. That, plus an Exotic Chest engram, finally bumped me up into LL 388.

Then I joined a group on The100.io to do the new Raid -- maaan it's good! :D So epic, much action!!

novicius
October 31st, 2016, 06:42 PM
LL 390. :cool: #missionaccomplished

novicius
November 4th, 2016, 06:38 AM
Phil, we need an update -- I'm still stuck at LL 390 but this week has been really busy for me. I did get online last night and *finally* got a set of 390 gauntlets (up from being stuck at 385 for forever). :up: :up:

Basically I'm at the point where I need to farm Hard Mode Raid, Archon's Forge & Crucible from here on out. :hard:

Phil_SS
November 4th, 2016, 06:40 AM
Played some Trials last week and it was pretty fun. They disabled revives and the radar for a spooky edition of Trials. A lot of people liked the no revives but didn't like no radar. Should be interesting to see if they do the same this week.

As a group we didn't do well but I did get the Year 2 Chest and Year 2 Ghost. Still fun to compete.

Still haven't run the RAID yet. I gotta get on that.....

Phil_SS
November 7th, 2016, 12:25 PM
Played some Trials all weekend with people from LFG. All good people though that didn't mean they were any good. :) Including myself. But I did hook up with a couple guys and we formed a pretty good team. Good callouts, good cover etc. And we made it to 8-0 and then.......we lost. Still was a fun and exciting ride. I haven't had that much of an adrenaline rush in a long time.

They continued the no revive and no radar from last week. This time it was on The Anomaly. Hate that map.

I'm sure I'll be back on tonight completing ToO Bounties with my VoidLock.

Cam
November 8th, 2016, 03:53 PM
"Perform noble deeds in the Plaguelands."

Like slaughter everything. :rolleyes: :lol:

novicius
November 13th, 2016, 06:52 PM
LL 396 :rawk:

Pushing close to 397. Iron Banner was good to me, got me my first 400 weapon today which I put into my Black Spindle. #ultimatesnipes

Basically going to push my LL as far as it'll go (400 should be easily achievable if you play long enough), then take the excess gear and rank up my other 'toons. Should be ready to set Destiny aside at that point at work on GR: Wildlands without concern. :lol:

EDIT: It should go without saying that Bungie is not fixing this treadmill as the entire team is working hard on Destiny 2. As far as the grind goes, D1 is too easy to complete (if *I* can complete it, it's too easy! :lol: ) and it'll be fun to reminisce on in the future. D2 has gotta have a *much* harder and deeper grind than this -- but it's been fun while it lasts. :up:

Phil_SS
November 15th, 2016, 05:45 AM
It's funny how RNG works in this game, and has always worked. During this past Iron Banner I must have received 10-12 Clever Dragons, 4-5 Silvered Dreads, 6-8 boots and maybe 3 chests. Luckily at the very end of last night before I went to bed I finally got a 400 chest and 400 boots. After I do some Archon's Forge farming I should only need a Helmet, Arms and Special to be 400. :)

I've never been a big pulse rifle fan but I am loving the Clever Dragon. It's just so smooth. My current favorite perk loadout is Braced Frame, HCR and Rangefinder with Iron Red Dot.

And I've become a complete bastard in the Crucible with Armamentarium (Which has been my favorite Titan Exotic for two years) and Suppressor grenades. The amount of salt that I generated this last Iron Banner was extensive. It's just so much fun shutting down supers especially at really opportune times. Including one time shutting down a Golden Gun and Bladedancer with the same grenade. I have gotten really good at getting kills with them as well.

novicius
November 15th, 2016, 06:16 AM
Very cool -- I hit LL 397 last night after all in IB. I need your boots!! :lol: :up:

Huh I have an entire *rack* of Clever Dragons but I haven't maxxed one out since I absolutely dominate with FWC's "The Villainy" pulse rifle in PVP. People bag its range but it has never slowed me down in PvP; I'll have to post its perks. Feels great when fired and is also sooo smooth. :cool:

Cam
November 15th, 2016, 07:02 AM
I keep getting the same equipment. Among other things, Bungie really wants me to have Treads Upon Stars. :erm:

I was surprised to hear someone using Thorn during a strike recently.

novicius
November 15th, 2016, 08:26 AM
Yeah but your New Monarchy Titan looks so good as-is, it'll be hard to change that gear, ever! :up:

Cam
November 15th, 2016, 08:34 AM
Good thing Treads Upon Stars matches my outfit. :lol:

I think I've reached peak gear with my titan. I now have all the year two and three New Monarchy armour pieces. I've got Ruin Wings equipped for use with Super Good Advice and Sleeper Simulant. I have Inmost Light as my back-up exotic armour. My other weapons are all legendary New Monarchy stuff, mostly year two.

novicius
November 15th, 2016, 01:41 PM
Re: Clever Dragon pulse rifle, if you don't get one with HCR, it's not worth investing in. #shrug

None of the 3 I have came with HCR. Oh well. :)

EDIT: My Villainy has Rangefinder, Smallbore & Third Eye, and I use Red Dot-ORES with it. Since it has a good base Impact, I don't miss HCR as much -- and again, it's smooth with a great firing rhythm.