PDA

View Full Version : Destiny - Bungie's Next Big Project

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

novicius
February 15th, 2017, 03:21 AM
Are you a No Land Beyond primary sniper rifle user? 'Cause that's the only sniping that's gonna get done in serious amounts at this point. :lol:

Seriously, wiping out your Secondary Ammo when you die is... well, it's a breath of fresh air for one. :up: :up:

Back to seeing others use The Last Word dominantly, maybe some Universal Remote. Suros Regime and obviously my beloved Khvostov are good, too. :hard: #thenewmeta

Phil_SS
February 15th, 2017, 05:42 AM
I am loving this new Meta. Fuckin brilliant. :rawk:

I used several ARs (Dealbreaker, Grim Citizen, Genesis Chain) yesterday, as well as my Parthian Shot and all of them felt equal to the task. I think I was shotgunned *once the whole night in 2-3 hours of Elimination and Doubles gameplay. It was awesome having people rushing me and gunning them down. You could tell it was people that were used to shotgun rushing and they haven't adapted yet.

I was already a big fan of Sidearms so the move to them is fine with me. And the battles with them are fun and varied. But I am sad this basically killed vooping. I really enjoy that as well. Did see a few NLBs. But they can be flanked much easier now.

I plan on trying out a few more of the ARs in my stable like Monte Carlo, DoP, Righteous VII and The Continental.

*Actually check that, there was one match of Doubles where this guy was just a beast with UR.

novicius
February 15th, 2017, 05:52 AM
In my trials with Invective, I was running with Dead Orbit's auto rifle, EXTREMOPHILE 011. While not a meta AR, I still got some decent work done with it. :up:

Cam
February 15th, 2017, 07:25 AM
I have some guns. I shoot things. :assclown:

novicius
February 16th, 2017, 03:29 AM
Infinite hammers & Bladedancers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc6qHf9t1mk&lc

Don't try this at home, kids. :lol:

novicius
February 16th, 2017, 03:44 AM
I got werked last night. :smh:

Kept coming up against better teamwork, basically. Face full of Team fire over and over again. Painful. Then while I'm tying up 2-3 Guardians on the other team, my team is... not capturing Control points? Camping? Dancing? Who knows.

Ah well. I did get to compare Khvostov to Suros Regime -- again for me, no contest, Khvostov wins. I couldn't tell you why and I highly doubt it's rated as the best Auto Rifle in the game... #shrug

Godson
February 16th, 2017, 04:40 AM
I'm going to give that a whirl. That would be great to speed up some raids.

novicius
February 21st, 2017, 04:16 AM
Really trying to get into Suros Regime with the new update (even with the kinda-b0rked healing perk). Eh, whatevs.

Ran through Nightfall last night in an effort to get Ice Breaker -- no dice. Will try again later this week. :smh:

Lastly, I need multiple sets of LL400 Boots! :angry:

novicius
February 23rd, 2017, 11:49 AM
Upcoming Book Will Tell Story Behind Destiny’s Troubled Development (https://gamerant.com/blood-sweat-pixels-destiny-development/undefined)

Heh.

Phil_SS
February 23rd, 2017, 12:28 PM
That title is kindof misleading. The book is not only about Destiny. From Jason's post on Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/i-wrote-a-book-about-the-making-of-uncharted-4-star-wa-1792635169)

"Here’s the full list of games this thing covers:

Stardew Valley
Diablo III
Destiny
The Witcher 3
Halo Wars
Pillars of Eternity
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Shovel Knight
Uncharted 4
Star Wars 1313"

Cam
February 23rd, 2017, 02:24 PM
I deleted my hunter and made a new titan.

novicius
February 23rd, 2017, 02:31 PM
Yeeeah! :D :up:

novicius
February 24th, 2017, 03:15 AM
Finally received my Icebreaker last night, as well as the extra set o' LL400 pantz I needed to get my last 'toon up to 400. 400 across the board now, son! :hard:

In other news, New Monarchy has the *worst* faction weapons... :smh:

EDIT: Iron Banner is coming back next week -- Helmets & Boots! :up: :up: I need to stock up on Leg Armor like crazy! :lol:

Also, sounds like the first round of nerfs after the Mega Secondary Ammo Nerf are coming. (https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45688/7_This-Week-at-Bungie--02232016) Making No Land Beyond flinch more is fucking fantastic.

Phil_SS
February 24th, 2017, 08:41 AM
I could never get rid of my Hunter. The WomboCombo is just too enjoyable.

novicius
February 24th, 2017, 10:11 AM
:angry:

novicius
February 27th, 2017, 06:11 AM
You know, I really like that there are toys for Destiny -- but Mega Bloks? (https://www.amazon.com/Mega-Bloks-Destiny-Jumpship-Construction/dp/B01ARGBB7M/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1488208114&sr=1-2&keywords=Destiny+Mega+Bloks) :smh:

Should'a been straight LEGO. :down:

Cam
February 27th, 2017, 06:25 AM
WomboCombo
I don't know what that is.

Phil_SS
February 27th, 2017, 07:04 AM
Seeing how you don't play PvP it doesn't really matter. :)

But for reference, when using the Nightstalker class you basically have two grenades via the standard grenade and smoke with envenomed. So you can throw both within short order and trap a player within the smoke that is killing them and drop a voidwall grenade on them. It kills them in a very quick fashion. Aka, the WomboCombo.

Cam
February 27th, 2017, 07:44 AM
Thank you.

novicius
March 3rd, 2017, 10:18 AM
It's official: Your Destiny Character's Levels And Items Won't Transfer To Destiny 2 (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/your-destiny-characters-levels-and-items-wont-tran/1100-6448412/)

Bungie.net: The Road Ahead (https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45708/7_The-Road-Ahead)

Sequels represent the start of a new adventure for every player, with new worlds to explore, new stories to tell, new powers to acquire, new loot to earn, and much more. This led us to a decision that would enable us to serve both the game and the player’s best interests: Destiny 1 power, possessions, and Eververse-related items and currency will not carry forward. They will, however, remain accessible to you in Destiny 1.
We know that, just like us, you have grown fond of the Guardians you’ve created, so we do plan to preserve your character personalization. We are going to recognize the dedication and passion you’ve shown for this world. Specifically, the class, race, gender, face, hair, and marking selections for all characters that have achieved Level 20 and completed the Black Garden story mission will carry forward. We also plan to award those veteran accounts with honors that reflect your Destiny 1 accomplishments.
I'm obviously ok with this. Luke Smith's team has undoubtedly analyzed all facets of this decision and decided to punt. #day1buy

While it would have been cool to just continue the LL march to 500-800, I do hope they either 1.) get rid of Light Levels and just expand the spread of normal Levels, or 2.) display everyone's Light Level. It does no good to have a bunch of gamers wandering around with "Level 40" showing up.

Other than that, let's see what they pitch us this winter! :up: :up:

EDIT: Also Phil, did you see this ToO app? https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/5xav4q/i_created_an_osiris_matchup_app_for_android_for/

Kchrpm
March 3rd, 2017, 11:12 AM
2.) display everyone's Light Level. It does no good to have a bunch of gamers wandering around with "Level 40" showing up.
This is what The Division figured out, but I assumed it was another thing they stole from Destiny.

Boda Zen
March 3rd, 2017, 11:16 AM
You getting in on Destiny 2 KCH?

Kchrpm
March 3rd, 2017, 11:18 AM
Not unless there's a Jedi class that only uses a laser/plasma sword with unlimited ammo and no guns.

Boda Zen
March 3rd, 2017, 11:22 AM
Sounds OP

Phil_SS
March 5th, 2017, 07:45 AM
It's official: Your Destiny Character's Levels And Items Won't Transfer To Destiny 2 (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/your-destiny-characters-levels-and-items-wont-tran/1100-6448412/)

Bungie.net: The Road Ahead (https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45708/7_The-Road-Ahead)

I'm obviously ok with this. Luke Smith's team has undoubtedly analyzed all facets of this decision and decided to punt. #day1buy

While it would have been cool to just continue the LL march to 500-800, I do hope they either 1.) get rid of Light Levels and just expand the spread of normal Levels, or 2.) display everyone's Light Level. It does no good to have a bunch of gamers wandering around with "Level 40" showing up.

Other than that, let's see what they pitch us this winter! :up: :up:

EDIT: Also Phil, did you see this ToO app? https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/5xav4q/i_created_an_osiris_matchup_app_for_android_for/

As I've mentioned before, I am perfectly fine with starting over. So the fact they are going to carry over my characters is just gravy. I should probably make sure each of my characters has beaten the Black Garden mission. I know my Titan has, not sure about my Warlock and Hunter.

I've seen some people bitching about the one thing they wanted to change was the look of their character, hairstyle etc. Well maybe you will once you load your character into the game.... And I've seen people talk about how they want to change their character from a female exo to a male human. Well, just start a new character then cause it's not the same character. Duh.

They show level because it used to mean something. Now why they never changed it when they switched to LL when they released TTK, who knows.... My guess is it is at the very basis of the code and wasn't worth the effort to change it. IMO, they should just have you gamer tag. If someone wants to know more about you or your character they can.

I don't think we will see any info on D2 until the late spring and E3. Winter is over in a couple weeks ;). We will find out about the end of D1 though. The next couple weeks will be twitch reveals about the Spring update.

And I don't have an android phone. Apple 4 lyfe.

Kchrpm
March 6th, 2017, 05:54 AM
And I don't have an android phone. Apple 4 lyfe.

My heart hurts.

Phil_SS
March 6th, 2017, 05:43 PM
https://youtu.be/gvggkQs3N8I

Good lord the Record book is 13 pages. Seeing as how it displays a page for Hunters. I'm gonna guess the pages are:

Hunter
Warlock
Titan
Earth
Moon
Venus
Mars
Crucible
Story missions
Strikes
Nightfall
Raid VoG
Raid Crota

novicius
March 7th, 2017, 05:43 AM
Another book I'm not gonna finish. :lol:

I'm just hoping that there is finally a leveled-up Vault of Glass raid by the Live Team. :up: :up: Mmm, that's where the money is.

Because of the size of that Book, it could simply be this:

That's exactly what I was thinking. Everyone is hyping up saying how "VoG is back!", "Fatebringer is back!" but it's very well in the realm of possibility that, like the "No Time to Explain" quest, we just have to go there for the record book and nothing will drop at max Light.
:(

21Kid
March 8th, 2017, 11:42 AM
Get your T-shirt!!! (http://kotaku.com/destiny-will-come-to-an-end-with-free-t-shirts-1793089796)

Phil_SS
March 14th, 2017, 07:48 AM
Old Raids are back at 390. VoG and Crota will have enhanced gameplay and also Challenge modes. Plus new armor with ornaments like in WOTM or Trials.

Tomorrow they are going to unveil new weekly events. Including Daybreak Strikes which appear to be Mayhem Strikes. That could be hella fun.

https://youtu.be/jgwNyAjqm3A

novicius
March 15th, 2017, 04:39 AM
390? :lol:

Destiny, it was a great run but I am taking a break for now. #salute #gr:w #me:a #thewitcher3

#seeyouind2

Phil_SS
March 15th, 2017, 05:04 AM
You'll be back. ;)

They stated they didn't want to raise the LL because they want people to just be able to sign on and have fun if you were already at 400LL. This final release is a celebration of the 3 year journey of Destiny 1. :)

Phil_SS
March 16th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Mayhem modifier for the Nightfall missions will be once a month. Until July 18th, when it will be one of the modifiers for 6 straight weeks. Thus ending on August 29th. Certainly seems like they are leading to something in September.....

A lot of people speculate it is leading to a September release for Destiny 2. But I think Destiny 2 won't be released til November, so I'm guessing the Beta comes out in September. Thus, like last time, the Beta was Early to mid July and then game released Early September. I'm thinkin the same time frame as well for Destiny 2. Beta Early to mid September and then game release Early November, November 7th to be exact.

Cam
March 16th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Just set a personal speed record on the Wrath of the Machine raid with a crew from The100. I wasn't really keeping track, but one of the guys said it was, "...less than an hour."

I'm squeezing the last bit out of Destiny before I can play the new Mass Effect.

Phil_SS
March 22nd, 2017, 09:22 AM
Holy crap the new armor sets for VoG and Crota are effin amazing. :eek: Oryx and WoTM look good as well.

Can't wait to see what they come up with for Destiny 2.

Phil_SS
March 24th, 2017, 08:51 AM
I am locked and loaded. :D

https://youtu.be/m7LLIiULvMA

And if this doesn't psych you up, nothing will:

https://youtu.be/9AK3mZqTlKE

novicius
March 24th, 2017, 11:40 AM
:up: :up:

Send me an invite if you gots room, I guess. :D

Cam
March 24th, 2017, 12:11 PM
I might join you, if you ask real nice. :D

Phil_SS
March 31st, 2017, 06:49 AM
Anybody up for takin down Crota?

New strat (http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/uberingram/video/29001883) should make it pretty easy.

Phil_SS
April 3rd, 2017, 12:40 PM
I completed the Deathsinger and Crota Challenges with an LFG group on Saturday. Got a Oversoul Edict, Oversoul Edict Adept, Word of Crota Adept and 3 AoT ornaments. Plus the Helmet, Gauntlets and Titan Mark.

I'm going to hold off on using my ornaments til I complete the Templar and Atheon Challenges for VoG. I kinda like that armor better. Though the Crota Armor with ornaments looks fabulous.

The new bridge section of Crota's End is damn fun. And it's great to see people actually doing it. I've always felt it was more fun to actually do it than to see someone try to cheese it. :)

Cam
April 4th, 2017, 07:29 PM
I booted up for the first time since the update. I am surprised to see players already wearing full sets of new gear. I play games a lot, but geez...

Phil_SS
April 5th, 2017, 12:36 PM
Crota's End only takes about an hour to run, even with challenges. The Deathsinger Challenge is a guaranteed ornament drop and Crota Challenge is a guaranteed two ornament drop. Thus you get 3 ornaments per week per character. So all the player would need is multiple characters of the same class and a little luck. :)

Cam
April 5th, 2017, 01:09 PM
I have poor luck in this game. :(

Godson
April 9th, 2017, 06:49 PM
Just ordered my copy of destiny 2, with the dlc pass

Phil_SS
April 10th, 2017, 11:58 AM
I was able to complete the Challenge modes for Templar and Atheon via an LFG group. I would say that the Templar is the more difficult of the two though Atheon took longer.

I got a Praedyth's Timepiece (Adept), Atheon's Epilogue (Adept), Atheon's Epilogue, Praetorian Foil, Hezen Vengence, Battlecage of Kabr and Light of the Great Prism.

And I completed the AoT book, well completed as in I can now order my T-shirt. I still have quite a few nodes to actually complete the entire book.

novicius
April 10th, 2017, 12:27 PM
:up: :up: #rockstar

Phil_SS
April 11th, 2017, 09:00 AM
Last night I planned to just run a few of the Weekly Story missions to collect more Legendary Marks. I had three missions remaining for the week and thus 60 marks. So I ran the first two and as I was running the last one, my buddy from work messages me and says they need a 6th at Atheon. So I figured, I could get a quick drop from Atheon Challenge mode, maybe I can get a VoC.

Not so much. We tried for like an hour and people could not get it together. Supplicants are a bitch but if people would just do their job and correctly the battle would only takes like 3 minutes. It’s possible to down him in one round and it’s very easy to down him in two rounds.

Everyone gets frustrated, group is about to break up. So I stated, “you know, we don’t have to complete the Challenge to get a drop from Atheon. We can still get Legendary armor and weapons.” So everyone agrees and just wants to kill the bastard. So, it’s old school, people teleported take care of the oracles etc. Finish it on the next attempt. People get drops, everyone leaves satisfied. I got the Hunter Helmet and Found Verdict.

But I’m all charged up, I wanna take him down for the Challenge. I think it’s like 12:30. So I load up the LFG app and look for a team at Atheon. Send a few messages and then get an invite. We load in and on the third attempt we take him down. I ran Relic both rounds so it felt extra satisfying. I get Fatebringer (Adept).

Everyone in the group says, you know I wouldn’t mind running it on such and such alternate character. For me, with my Warlock. Now what I thought they meant was killing Atheon. But it meant running the whole raid. It’s like 1:15. But I’m wide awake. So I said screw it, this group did real well we may be able to run the raid in 45 minutes/an hour.

We open the door, clear Confluxes and clear Oracles on the first attempt. Moving along nicely. We get tripped up a bit at Templar but clear the Challenge in a few attempts. Adds are crazy for that Challenge but it is fun and hectic. Run down into the well, skip trying to kill all the Gorgons, do the jumping puzzle and open the Vault.

I think we died once trying to kill the Templar. Quick discussion of who is going in and who is doing what fixes that and we clear the next attempt. It’s probably 2:00 AM. Ok let’s jam it down his throat like we did last time. And then a series of mess-ups and misfortune leads us to a string of failed attempts. It’s 2:26 AM, “Just one more time then I gotta go”. Fail-Fail-Fail, It’s 2:37 AM “Just one more time then I gotta go”. Fail-Fail-Fail, finally at 3AM it all fits together and we down Atheon.

For that run I got: Praedyth's Timepiece (Adept), Fatebringer (Adept), Praetorian Foil, Found Verdict, Warlock Helm, Warlock Bond.

So in the end I didn’t get what I truly wanted, VoC, but I can’t complain about the loot. They are giving it out in droves during AoT.

novicius
April 11th, 2017, 10:57 AM
Sounds very cool, I love nights like that. :D :up:

Cam
April 11th, 2017, 01:11 PM
Hoss.

novicius
April 14th, 2017, 04:10 AM
Since I had a massive GR:W patch to download, I thought I'd play some Destiny instead.

Logged on, updated and jumped into the Daily Strike... noooope! Nope-nope-nope can't do it, I'm still too burnt out. :lol:

novicius
May 1st, 2017, 04:18 AM
Just putting this here to watch later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUjIYjq2DQs

novicius
May 10th, 2017, 05:12 AM
Jumped back in last night after not playing since... February? :lol:

Phil & Co invited me to Iron Banner... Mayhem? Fine, no problem -- I can't find my stats but I feel like I was doin' ok. :cool: :up: #spacemagic

Phil_SS
May 11th, 2017, 06:47 AM
Agreed. It is fun rollin with a group.

I've been having a great time being a member of the Fun Police. :devil:

novicius
May 11th, 2017, 07:13 AM
For those wondering what the Fun Police means:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5jMndh44_0

:hard:

novicius
May 25th, 2017, 03:36 AM
I finally got a decently rolled Year 3 Grim Citizen III auto rifle.

I've had two that have that ridic "Icarus" Airborne perk that I detest, making them basically unusable. This time I've got -- at the minimum -- some totally average perks to it (I think it's Replenish, Armor-Piercing & Eye of the Storm) and was still knocking out fools deep last night in Control.

Looking at the available perks list (http://db.destinytracker.com/items/2206272667-grim-citizen-iii), High Impact Rounds isn't available so that's out. Probably asking for too much to say I want Rodeo, Hidden Hand & Perfect Balance? Ah well, it still hits like a god-damned hammer! :lol: :up:

::

Since I do collect a lot of different guns (I try not to stock duplicates and I'm maxed out on vault space), I need to comb through my vault and see what I've got (https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Category?order=5&stat=4043523819&dir=2&categories=1%2C2%2C5) for the ARI-41, An Answering Chord, and The Dealbreaker... but lets be honest, they all look terrible. :lol:

I know I do have a Year 3 Shadow Price auto rifle that looks to be decent on Impact & Stability... shorter range than the GCIII but a much higher stability. Should pair well with Dead Orbit's Bitter Edge (max AA because I can't aim) sniper rifle for PvP, tho' I do love my Trespasser exotic sidearm for backup. :hard:

This is all a late-to-the-party search at the twilight of the game; I usually just stick to the Faction weapons for consistency's sake. So my Dead Orbit Warlock uses the Extremophile 011 AR, etc. I'm just playing around with some other toys in my vault. :D

novicius
May 31st, 2017, 03:21 AM
'Cabal Stomp' by a class of middle school kids. (https://gamerant.com/destiny-cabal-stomp-music-middle-school-band/undefined) :D :up:

Phil_SS
May 31st, 2017, 05:26 AM
Very very cool. :up:

The music in Destiny really is fantastic.

novicius
May 31st, 2017, 06:04 AM
Absolutely -- I miss Marty already. :(

Phil_SS
June 6th, 2017, 05:40 AM
Ahem.

the-teen-who-spent-over-a-year-piecing-together-destinys-unreleased-music (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-05-the-teen-who-spent-over-a-year-piecing-together-destinys-unreleased-music)

https://youtu.be/Wlc1jNV8ykg

Just a great bit of music. Anybody who listens to that and doesn't get fired up or inspired is dead inside.

And I am almost done with my AoT book. Only have like 7 more heavy kills during Trials and I will have 100% the book. :)

Phil_SS
June 19th, 2017, 04:31 AM
I finished off the heavy weapon kills during Trials node in the AoT book. And thus I have completed the book. :)

Now I'm ready for D2. :rawk:

novicius
June 19th, 2017, 04:36 AM

Order your t-shirt yet? ;)

Phil_SS
June 19th, 2017, 11:57 AM
I'm such a slacker when it comes to ordering stuff like that. I coulda ordered it like 2 months ago. :|

novicius
June 28th, 2017, 04:03 AM
Cam! I hit Light Level 350 on the nose!! :rawk: :lol:

(Last night I was wondering if I could dial down my LL to 350 with my old gear in my vaults for shits 'n' grins; mission accomplished...)

Cam
June 28th, 2017, 07:32 AM
:lol:

novicius
June 28th, 2017, 07:52 AM
PlayStation Exclusive Destiny Content Will Finally Be Available On Xbox After Destiny 2 Is Released (http://www.cinemablend.com/games/1674530/playstation-exclusive-destiny-content-will-finally-be-available-on-xbox-after-destiny-2-is-released)

The final batch of timed exclusive content for Destiny will finally make the jump from PlayStation 4 to Xbox One, but it probably won't get much use from the community. According to a recent announcement, the exclusivity won't lift until after Destiny 2 hits store shelves.

According to a recent update on the Destiny blog, the team at Bungie won't be unlocking the final crop of PlayStation "exclusive" content on the Xbox One until their new game is up and running or, more specifically, sometime in October. That's not actually all that surprising, considering the fact that Destiny 2 arrives about a year after said content went live initially.

Of course, considering that Destiny 2 will launch on September 6, that means that many will already be onto the sequel before this content is actually available. That timing matches up nicely with the previous iterations of PS-exclusive content, which probably has more to do with whatever contract Bungie signed with Sony than anything else.
Better later than never?

21Kid
June 28th, 2017, 08:11 AM
Will you go back to D1 and play it??? :erm: I didn't think so. :p

novicius
June 28th, 2017, 08:36 AM
I don't know, probably. :)

I really-really-REALLY don't want to snort up D2 as fast as possible so anything I can do to slow that intake will be helpful. :D

Phil_SS
June 28th, 2017, 09:25 AM
That's not actually all that surprising, considering the fact that Destiny 2 arrives about a year after said content went live initially.

That timing matches up nicely with the previous iterations of PS-exclusive content, which probably has more to do with whatever contract Bungie signed with Sony than anything else.

Journalism really has gone to crap. Umm, alot of the significant content like the Echo Chamber Strike, Sector 618 map, Jade Rabbit, exclusive quests and armor sets will be 2 years old. 2! That is just crazy. And thus no, it is not a year after the content went live. :mad:

And also it does not match up nicely with previous iterations. Previous iterations were one year. :P

And to be clear, the missing content has not caused me even one percent of one percent less enjoyment (Out of sight, out of mind) with Destiny, it's just annoying and unfortunately not being reigned in with D2.

Yw-slayer
June 29th, 2017, 02:13 AM
I really-really-REALLY don't want to snort up D2 as fast as possible so anything I can do to slow that intake will be helpful. :D

Have children. Several, even. Preferably triplets or quadruplets.

novicius
June 29th, 2017, 04:00 AM
One is enough for now! ;) :up:

novicius
June 30th, 2017, 04:29 AM
Cam! I hit Light Level 350 on the nose!! :rawk: :lol:
It turns out that a 350 Light Level is too low to unlock the Nightfall; I had to bump my LL up to 355.

Baddies are back to being REALLY lethal and soloing the SIVA Story Mission/Taken War mission hopper is legitimately tough without dying -- yet the damage drop off really isn't bad. Kinda turns you into a glass cannon type of character. Good stuff. :up:

novicius
July 5th, 2017, 04:48 AM
Had a fine time with lots of Destiny over the extended weekend. Ended up raiding the Vault of Glass, King's Fall and Wrath of the Machine quite a bit. :up: :up:

Was on a raid with a guy that solo'd Wrath of the Machine boss Aksis pt. 2 like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaHhGWmldgk

"Tell a Titan only a madman would go. Tell a Hunter it will be fun. Tell a Warlock it is impossible." :D <3

Godson
July 6th, 2017, 10:56 AM
I'm totally a hunter. My play style, my humor, my insanity.

It's in my blood.

novicius
July 6th, 2017, 12:03 PM
:cool: :up:

Somebody made a Destiny-themed Choose Your Own Adventure story (https://writer.inklestudios.com/stories/d2hq).

novicius
July 12th, 2017, 04:58 AM
Nightfall this week is Small Arms + Solar Burn, so I got to try out my Smite of Merain (Adept) pulse rifle last night.

...and it's kinda weak, honestly. :lol:

I was rolling with a pair of fellas from The100.io who both had the Vex Mythoclast auto rifle so they were just absolutely melting baddies. Yellow-bar Taken Wizards & Captains stood no chance at the Warsat, and the Fallen S.A.B.E.R went down before the second pylons were raised on all three passes.

Total time for x3 runs was under 30 minutes. :rawk:

GreatScawt
July 12th, 2017, 05:36 AM
Damn :up:

So the Vex Mythoclast... did they upgrade the gun? Or get a better one from a harder raid? Because I got lucky and snagged one way, way back. Used and abused it, but then the game mechanics changed after I stopped playing.

novicius
July 12th, 2017, 07:02 AM
Yeah there's a new version that drops in the 390 VoG raid now (as always, Phil will have the concrete deets).

I don't even know what I used... Black Spindle & rockets all three times, I think. Wait, I have a solar Saladin's Vigil fusion rifle that I used for a bit, too -- they literally carried me through the Nightfall. :lol:

novicius
July 26th, 2017, 04:40 AM
Going back to D1 after the Beta and it's amazing how fuzzy and low rez everything is -- thanks Playstation 3. :finger: :twisted:

It's funny: I jumped into D1 Mayhem Clash 6v6 after the Beta ended last night (right after a double kill :hard:) for an extreme power-level difference. I even had my Obsidian Mind on for an added boost to the extreme comparison.

...and the difference is still pretty small for casuals IMO. Looks worse, that's a big thing. Run out of Secondary ammo quicker in D1. Much quicker refresh rates of powers of course but once I got used to slow drip of powers in the Beta, it was all good. :up:

But for highly ranked players the differences & distinctions between the two games are so strong that it's making some of them not buy. There's Overwatch for those folks, I suppose.

Cam
July 26th, 2017, 05:12 AM
You're right, I didn't notice a difference. To me, D2 seems like Destiny 1.5. It seems like an expansion pack. D1 already looked amazing. Maybe you have a better screen than me. I did not notice any fundamental differences in the game play. I realize they can't change it too much. Overall, I'm underwhelmed. *shrug*

novicius
July 26th, 2017, 06:38 AM
Well I am playing on a 27" Full HD IPS LED monitor that's two feet from my face. ;)

Phil's Bronze Age 720p TV would probably make the Beta look identical! :lol: ;) ♡

21Kid
July 26th, 2017, 07:04 AM
Yeah, I felt the same as Cam. It's been a while since I played D1. But, overall it felt like I was just playing a different level on D1.

Deleted. (the beta :p )

novicius
July 27th, 2017, 04:07 AM
Time wasted on Destiny (https://www.wastedondestiny.com)

novicius 1383h (-153h deleted)

8 weeks 1 day 15 hours 57 minutes 13 seconds
3 active and 3 deleted characters.

Bergkoenig 1349h (-94h deleted)

8 weeks 5 hours 7 minutes 44 seconds
3 active and 3 deleted characters.
I passed Phil! It can be done! :hard: :lol:

Camegalodon 733h (-231h deleted)

4 weeks 2 days 13 hours 21 minutes 22 seconds
3 active and 1 deleted characters.
Well nobody's gonna out-delete Cam... ;)

Cam
July 27th, 2017, 05:43 AM
Hold my PBR... :lol:

novicius
July 31st, 2017, 06:37 AM
Some nice photos of D1 here. (http://imgur.com/a/SiKhz)

I'm already getting teary-eyed and nostalgic! :D :up:

novicius
August 1st, 2017, 10:21 AM
VOOP! :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/iC3YH1M.gifv

21Kid
August 1st, 2017, 02:25 PM
Destiny has quick scoping too? :(

Phil_SS
August 2nd, 2017, 02:18 AM
Always has.....it's just that the movement speed of Guardians make it a tougher act to pull off.

Sincerely yours, a card carrying member of Voopnation.

Cam
August 2nd, 2017, 04:49 AM
I don't even know what quickscoping or vooping is.

Kchrpm
August 2nd, 2017, 05:34 AM
Quickscoping is pressing the trigger to aim down the sights and immediately shooting. It lets you turn quickly w/o using sights, then have the accuracy benefit of aiming down the sights when you shoot. It takes advantage of the fact that fast-twitch shooting games don't model the change in aim point that would occur if you were to quickly change the way you were holding your gun.

I don't know what vooping is, though.

*googles*

Using a fusion rifle, because "voop" is the sound they make.

novicius
August 3rd, 2017, 04:53 AM
In D2 the radar will take 3 seconds to come back which should help fight against quick scopers to some extent, Kid.

Last few nights I've been wandering around with my Voidwalker Warlock, doing miscellaneous small missions that I've never bothered to finish. The only thing that I *might* do is raiding the piss out of Crota and getting a full set of raid gear from there for laughs.

Just enjoying this quiet time before the storm. <3

21Kid
August 3rd, 2017, 07:56 AM
Are they going to shut down D1 then?

novicius
August 3rd, 2017, 08:27 AM
Nope, just no more updates, no more Iron Banner or Trials of Osiris either.

But Xbone users should get the Playstation-exclusive Strike & gear finally. :up:

21Kid
August 3rd, 2017, 12:20 PM
I thought it was going to be one long continuous 10 year game? Is 2 going to continue when 3 comes out?

novicius
August 4th, 2017, 04:18 AM
Nobody knows what the plan is.

Harvested some souls last night. :hard:

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=2506&stc=1

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=2507&stc=1

Cam
August 4th, 2017, 04:50 AM
Nice.

GreatScawt
August 4th, 2017, 05:24 AM
dat k/d :up:

Godson
August 4th, 2017, 06:55 AM
On d2 I had a few games with 5+ k/d.

When it happens it feels so....fake. lol.

Most of the time I am doing good to end at 1.2

novicius
August 4th, 2017, 07:03 AM
I can't drive (digitally) but I can shoot (digitally).

novicius
August 7th, 2017, 06:34 AM
Did some more work over the weekend -- I'm currently at 83% complete in my Age of Triumph book.

I won't hit 100% (unlike my Rise of Iron book) because I deleted my Hunter and I don't play Trials. But I'm curious how high a percentage I can get by the time Destiny 2 drops.

The soul-harvesting wasn't as good unfortunately. At one point I got super-sweaty trying to complete the Forged in Fire Crucible Bounty (3 wins in a single day) -- took me 7 games to grind out 3 wins with randoms.

It's only today that I'm reading the tears of gamerbros that have played dozens of games without getting 3 wins! So I guess I'm not doing too bad... :lol:

Oh yeah -- I received two Trials of Osiris-specific weapons in Crucible this weekend: the shotgun Unraveling Thread (http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Unraveling_Thread) and the auto rifle Doctrine of Passing (http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Doctrine_of_Passing).

Looks like Bungie doctored the RNGeesus. :hard:

novicius
August 8th, 2017, 05:28 AM
Ran through Crota's End 390 last night 'cause I want to get all the sick Crota shit. #buttjokes

They've changed this raid quite a bit to stop people from soloing it. :up: I like the changes and this short raid (which is the *perfect* length of a raid to me) is still fun. I would really only change the sprinting parts -- running past enemies vs shooting them is not as dramatic. It's tense but not necessarily the best use of our skills. :D

RNGeezus gifted me with Deathsinger's Gauntlets, Leg Armor & Class Item, as well as the Abyss Defiant (https://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Abyss_Defiant_(Year_3)) auto rifle. :hard: Damn! I need to run this short raid nightly!! :lol:

EDIT: My bad, you can still solo Crota! :rawk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LBUTE8Hhdk

Also apropos of nothing, just parking the ability to hide your weapon in the HUD here (https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6s95lk/how_to_remove_your_gun_in_destiny_for_some_sweet/).

novicius
August 9th, 2017, 06:08 AM
Worked with a crew from The100.io last night to get the "Flawless Raider" achievement.

We did the Crota's End raid completely without anyone dying -- but during one of the transition/loading screens, we kept hearing "Guardian down!". Attempt after attempt, we finally sent one Guardian walking through the portal and got through it without hearing it but when we finished, nobody got the achievement. WTF?

Looking at the internets, it looks like there's some sort of log in/log out bug? Hoping to get the Achievement when I log on next.

#sadtitan

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=2516&stc=1

EDIT: Yep, that was it -- ran home at lunch, logged back in with my 'toon and unlocked the Achievement then.

I have only 2 Achievements left to get in Destiny! :D :up:

Cam
August 10th, 2017, 10:11 AM
Several months ago, a dude on the100 offered to shepherd some noobs through the Crota raid just to get everyone the Flawless Raider achievement. He claimed to do that regularly. I got Flawless Raider from that. It only took us about one hour and two tries.

novicius
August 10th, 2017, 11:39 AM
Very cool, Cam -- the stats say only 1.2x% of Destiny players have it. :up: :up:

novicius
August 11th, 2017, 04:53 AM
Snagged this *fantastic* map of the first part of Crota's End raid on Reddit:

http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=2523&stc=1

GreatScawt
August 11th, 2017, 05:52 AM
Cool, that has a Hitman:Go aesthetic. I dig it.

novicius
August 11th, 2017, 07:57 AM
I read that in Aquaman's voice. :lol:

novicius
August 16th, 2017, 04:51 AM
Completed the Crota's End raid Deathsinger's Challenge last night (kill Ir Yut in under 2 minutes). :up: :up:

During the run through the Lanterns, my party died leaving me solo. My Sunsinger stood at the formation of the last bridge wielding rifle and sword, holding off the horde of Darkness alone. The Hive Wizards melted me as I fought off innumerable claws -- and then I was reborn! The birthing of suns formed a firewall around me as the bridge solidified and I turn and ran towards daylight, the rest of my Fireteam cheering. One guy said he captured it on video, I'll see if he can upload any of it to YouTube tonight. :D

Up to 88% in my Book. I've got some simple solo achievements I can do still but humorously enough it doesn't look like I've played the Wrath 390 raid yet. I've ground that raid pretty good before the Age of Triumph dropped, I just haven't done it since.

I'm going to finish grinding Crota this week tho' and then start tackling the Wrath Raid next week. There's still life in D1 yet! :rawk:

Phil_SS
August 16th, 2017, 03:36 PM
You know I'm game. Though I've been off for a month and I may be rusty. ;)

novicius
August 17th, 2017, 06:45 AM
Yeaaaah! :rawk:

I was in deep with a team of killers last night waaay up Crota's End -- and my boy decided last night was the night he was done sleeping in a crib. :smh:

Cue a night of trying to get the Boy to sleep in our bed, or on his mattress on the floor, on the couch, etc. He finally fell asleep on the floor of his room at around 3 AM CST. Toddlers, wtf. :lol:

Yw-slayer
August 17th, 2017, 06:52 AM
Lol. Hey, he no longer sleeps in a crib!

novicius
August 17th, 2017, 07:27 AM
Yep! Another milestone met! :D #destinymemories

Cam
August 18th, 2017, 12:55 AM
Achievement unlocked? :P

novicius
August 18th, 2017, 04:11 AM
Definitely. :up:

Did another set of Challenges again last night. The mechanics are pretty straightforward for both Ir-Yut & Crota but can still be frustrating when it takes 30-60 min longer than it should. Good place to farm for Ornaments.

21Kid
August 18th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Time for a big-boy bed!!!

http://st.houzz.com/simgs/69f1cb2502f8fdd7_4-1765/contemporary-kids-beds.jpg
I'm sure you can mod it to look like the Moostang!

novicius
August 18th, 2017, 10:11 AM
We bought him the Little Tykes Sportscar Bed (off of Craigslist for dirt money, of course):

http://kooltoyz.in/app/webroot/pimages/00/05/64_orig.jpg

It's vaguely C4ish. :cool:

21Kid
August 18th, 2017, 03:31 PM
And you bought a ton of yellow spray paint, right?

:lol:

Yw-slayer
August 18th, 2017, 03:39 PM
I had a bed like the yellow one above, but it looked more like a Dauer 962.

I had from 5 until my late teens (we had to get rid of it when we moved as it wouldn't fit in my new room). Seriously. It was awesome.

Godson
August 19th, 2017, 06:59 AM
Lol. I can totally see a YW inviting girls over for a ride in his 'car'

21Kid
October 4th, 2017, 01:12 PM
Destiny 1's PlayStation-Exclusive Content Now on Xbox

Guardians at home on Xbox who own "The Taken King" expansion now have the following content available to them:

Exotic scout rifle "Jade Rabbit"
Exotic sniper rifle "Zen Meteor"
Sublime engrams, which include class-specific armor sets
Quest "Fight Fire With Fire"
Venus-based Strike "Echo Chamber" (video below)
Earth-based Crucible map "Sector 618"

Players who own the "Rise Of Iron" expansion will also have access to:

Dusty Iron Engrams, which include class-specific armor sets
Quest "Show Of Strength"
Mercury-based Crucible map "Icarus"
The Timeless Tereshkova ship

he following shaders are now available for purchase:

Barrage
Brushfire
The Blast of War
The following ornaments are also available:

"Tigershark" for Dragon's Breath
"Basilisk's Glory" for Suros Regime
"Settled Score" for Touch of Malice
"Devourer of Moons" for Necrochasm
"Chronoshot" for Vex Mythoclast
"Undiscovered Country" for No Land Beyond
"Perfected Predator" for Lord of Wolves
Xbox players will still have to wait a while to get access to the exclusives from Destiny 2, as those will not be available until at least Fall 2018.
:( I didn't realize that D2 had restrictions on the Xbox too. Maybe I should have gotten it for the PS4. :|

Cam
October 4th, 2017, 02:51 PM
:rolleyes: