PDA

View Full Version : Politics

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101

overpowered
September 3rd, 2015, 09:40 PM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11055250_1352441361451980_1153465263700679663_n.pn g?oh=7a020cf5714427eee309b895c26ee6b5&oe=5680677E

LHutton
September 4th, 2015, 02:06 AM
I don't really agree with arresting Kim Davis. She should absolutely be fired for refusing to do her job. I don't think she should be in jail though.
That's nearly always the outcome of disobeying a court, even in completely trivial matters. Perverting the course of justice will have the same affect. E.g. simple speeding fine. Lie about who was driving and it's prison.

Sad, little man
September 4th, 2015, 04:21 AM
Aaaaaaaand there's the praise for the judge...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/09/04/he-has-guts-judge-david-bunning-the-same-sex-marriage-decisions-unlikely-enforcer/

Tom Servo
September 4th, 2015, 04:39 AM
I'm impressed that slm has constructed a situation where the judge literally can't win. If nobody says he did the right thing, then he was wrong. If anybody says he did the right thing, then he did it purely for selfish reasons. Bravo, slm.

Sad, little man
September 4th, 2015, 05:16 AM
What can I say, my heart is a smouldering lump of coal.

Seriously though, ultimately I support what he did.That woman is a foolish bigot. Didn't he have the authority to just appoint someone else to issue the licenses rather than have the drama of sending her to jail? Maybe not, I dunno, but now she's a martyr for the right wing crazies.

And now I read that she is fine with licenses being issued as long as her name isn't on on them. When did this come to light? Probably since she got thrown in jail. That actually seems reasonable to me. Fine, take her name off. Before it seemed like she was actively blocking the licenses from being issued.

Tom Servo
September 4th, 2015, 05:56 AM
The rub is that the county clerk's name is on all marriage licenses. So, again, she could fix that situation by no longer being county clerk.

overpowered
September 4th, 2015, 07:26 AM
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/09/01/kentucky-clerk-fighting-gay-marriage-has-wed-four-times

The Kentucky county clerk facing potentially stiff penalties for refusing to issue same-sex marriage licenses has been married four times, raising questions of hypocrisy and selective application of the Bible to her life.

The marriages are documented in court records obtained by U.S. News, which show that Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis divorced three times, first in 1994, then 2006 and again in 2008.

She gave birth to twins five months after divorcing her first husband. They were fathered by her third husband but adopted by her second. Davis worked at the clerk's office at the time of each divorce and has since remarried.

So apparently adultery, divorce and having children out of wedlock are fine and dandy for her.

Freude am Fahren
September 4th, 2015, 07:31 AM
Yup. She's a cunt who can fuck off.

thesameguy
September 4th, 2015, 08:53 AM
At the risk of repeating myself, these guys have the right answer:

http://permacultureglobal.org/system/post_images/2213/original/mulcher%20chipper%20UK%202011%20032.jpg?1317656804

Kim Davis is as close a symbol of What's Wrong as we've got right this very second. Let's do something symbolic with her.

Tom Servo
September 4th, 2015, 08:54 AM
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/09/01/kentucky-clerk-fighting-gay-marriage-has-wed-four-times

So apparently adultery, divorce and having children out of wedlock are fine and dandy for her.

She maintains that she's born again as of about four years ago, which is after her last divorce/remarriage. One of those "I made mistakes in the past but have now rededicated my life to God" sorta things.

thesameguy
September 4th, 2015, 08:57 AM
If Christian God is an optimistic god, you'd expect she'd give these people the chance to fuck up their lives with a bad marriage and then find God, just as she did.

Crazed_Insanity
September 4th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Jesus Christ is indeed an optimistic God.

We're only human. Fucking up is what we do. Otherwise we won't be needing no Saviors.

Besides, there are Christians who divorced and commit adulteries and whatever other crimes. Christians are still only human. We don't all of a sudden become perfect.

Anyway, our, or their, legal system for issuing marriage licenses is fucked up. If this 'elected' clerk is dead, the system will not be able to issue marriage licenses? Can't possibly continue to stamp on the name of a dead person, right? So what? All married couples will have to wait until the next clerk is elected to get their certificate? Doesn't make sense to me.

Of course the simplest thing for her to do is to just resign.

But maybe she just needed the job to support her family? She should realize that God will provide for her... don't need to stay on a job doing something that you think would displease your God.

Until we're eventually told the whole story, no need to blame the judge or her. However, the system that issue certificate definitely needs to be blamed and fixed IMHO.

Tom Servo
September 4th, 2015, 09:36 AM
I'm pretty sure if the clerk dies, it'd be handled the same way it would if she resigned - the deputy clerk would take over.

Crazed_Insanity
September 4th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Why can't the deputy clerk take over for gay couples and prevent all this circus hoopla?

Tom Servo
September 4th, 2015, 09:49 AM
He can, but not if she's still in her position. Since she's in jail for contempt and essentially removed from her position in the only way available to the judge, he's up. 'Course, he's also her son and is also in jail now as well, so it went to third in command, and now they're issuing marriage licenses again.

Tom Servo
September 4th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Hell, even Lindsey Graham gets it.

“As a public official, comply with the law or resign,” Graham told clerk Kim Davis […]

“The rule of law is the rule of law,” Graham said. “We are a rule of law nation. And I appreciate her conviction, and I support traditional marriage, but she’s accepted a job where she has to apply the law to everyone and that’s her choice.”

thesameguy
September 4th, 2015, 09:57 AM
You know what they say, the family that's stupid together is jailed together.

Crazed_Insanity
September 4th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Thank God that 3rd in command isn't also another family member, otherwise the judge just might have to jail the whole family!

That's another issue, how does this 'elected office' become a family business? IMHO, the system is the one that needs to be fixed... if it can be so difficult to carry out an order from the Supreme Court.

thesameguy
September 4th, 2015, 10:06 AM
I am not sure but I think they are not actually elected positions but appointed positions. I think I heard that on the radio the other day. It was actually nice to hear, as the show is couple manly men and they recently added a gay guy. I generally like the show, it's entertaining, but since adding the new guy there's been a lot of humor at his expense which got old, fast... besides just being off-color. I mean, nobody is twisting arms but you can only hear so many in the ass jokes before it starts to be offensive. Anyway, they were talking about this story and I fully expected the straight guys to make excuses for Davis but they were unequivocal in their support for the law and gay rights. It reaffirmed their show is in good fun and there isn't some agenda. I think it's excellent that Sacramento's White Trash, I mean, Rock, Station isn't ass backwards.

Tom Servo
September 4th, 2015, 10:13 AM
I had heard that it was an elected position, but that the previous county clerk was Davis' mom, so this has been going on for a while. I have a feeling it's a small county and probably like most local elections, people just vote for incumbents unless they actually know of something bad that the incumbent did.

From the NPR article about this:

She Was Elected To Her Position: Davis, a Democrat, won a 2014 election for Rowan County clerk handily — 53 percent to 46 percent.

Davis took the keys of the office from her mother, Jean Bailey, who held the position for 37 years.

The night Davis won, she gave an interview to The Morehead News.

"My words can never express the appreciation but I promise to each and every one that I will be the very best working clerk that I can be and will be a good steward of their tax dollars and follow the statutes of this office to the letter," Davis said.

thesameguy
September 4th, 2015, 10:15 AM
Ah, got it!

Crazed_Insanity
September 4th, 2015, 01:21 PM
The day that she's jailed and couldn't work the very best as promised is the day she should've resigned. Should save taxpayers a lot of money.

Lastly, I have to say again, the system is screwed up. You can't allow an elected office end up as a family business. Further, when running for an office, you can't drag along your family as your running mate. Or at the very minimum, multiple signatures should be allowed on these official documents such as checks and certificates so that no ONE person end to to be so critical that if something happens, the entire system freezes.

overpowered
September 5th, 2015, 10:46 AM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11938061_689279954540215_8131283317006133661_n.jpg ?oh=a20f5602acd986ec71b3b23beadf8ca9&oe=56602AC3

Actually, he's down to 320 after lap band surgery.

Tom Servo
September 5th, 2015, 02:43 PM
Heh, saw someone mention how amusing it'd be if the government employee who eventually has to sign Kim Davis out of jail says that he can't sign it because it's against his religious beliefs.

Freude am Fahren
September 5th, 2015, 02:53 PM
That would be sweet Irony wouldn't it...

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/v/t1.0-9/11752435_10100352071315173_8755007482648465014_n.j pg?oh=23ff0edf2eacff549ea51e3d2a51833e&oe=566B4648
(would it? I don't know. Help me Alanis!)

overpowered
September 5th, 2015, 06:49 PM
Rick Perry: 'A Broken Clock Is Right Once A Day'

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rick-perry-broken-clock-trump

Apparently he doesn't know that since most common clocks are 12 hour clocks, a broken clock will be right twice a day, unless it's part of the minority of clocks that have 24 hour readings.

Freude am Fahren
September 5th, 2015, 07:28 PM
Reminds me of another famous old Texas saying, "Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

LHutton
September 6th, 2015, 01:15 AM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11938061_689279954540215_8131283317006133661_n.jpg ?oh=a20f5602acd986ec71b3b23beadf8ca9&oe=56602AC3

Actually, he's down to 320 after lap band surgery.
looks like has the munchies everyday, minus the cannabis.

overpowered
September 6th, 2015, 11:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpAhLbFAWAE

Freude am Fahren
September 6th, 2015, 11:31 AM
That's good speak.

overpowered
September 7th, 2015, 05:03 PM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10247254_875398365843411_5967920094668439421_n.jpg ?oh=2001483d8410a799d243d33b7ebf5da2&oe=56A788E9

overpowered
September 7th, 2015, 08:25 PM
5 facts exposing the media’s lies about police shootings

http://usuncut.com/black-lives-matter/5-facts-expose-media-lies-police-shootings/

TheBenior
September 7th, 2015, 10:37 PM
Addressing some of that spin:
-Police officer is always one of the top two jobs in terms of likelihood of being murdered (the other is cab driver).
-If 46% of cop killers are black, and 55% are white (a figure that includes most Hispanics), since black people make up 13% of the population, that means that your average black person is far more likely to murder a police officer than anyone else. This is consistent with homicide figures in general (typically just over half of all homicides with known offenders in the US are committed by black offenders).

I'd like to see somebody in the non-right wing media admit that even if the police treated everyone on equal terms, they'd still kill black people at a much higher rate relative to the general population.

On, and while we're talking about statistics, an estimated 1,000 Americans each year are killed by police, the vast majority of which are legally justifiable. This 1,000 is dwarfed by the 98,000-440,000 killed by hospital mistakes and negligence each year (https://www.propublica.org/article/how-many-die-from-medical-mistakes-in-us-hospitals). You're 100-440 times more likely to be killed by a hospital worker, and the vast majority of those incidents won't even result in a lawsuit.

LHutton
September 7th, 2015, 11:54 PM
It could be argued that more police officers were killed under Reagan because they shot less civilians. That said there have been some disgraceful incidents, like the guy who was shot in the back, where the cop tried plant his taser on him afterwards. That kind of thing raises questions about police conduct in general, and how much of it isn't being captured on camera phone.

TheBenior
September 8th, 2015, 06:55 AM
More police died under Reagan because the US homicide rate in general was much higher, seat belt use was lower, and body armor wasn't universal like it is now.

thesameguy
September 8th, 2015, 09:54 AM
Although I generally mistrust police and I appreciate bringing police brutality to light, it has become a counter-productive newspaper seller. The concept of actively portraying police as dangerous is, well, dangerous in the same way generalizing any group of people as dangerous is dangerous. Creating or exacerbating a cultural mistrust of law enforcement is about the worst slippery slope I can imagine.

What's awesome is that more than reinforcing my mistrust of police this trend has reinforced my disgust and mistrust of the media. I like "the truth" but the fact none of these people ever asks "what exactly are we doing here" is reprehensible. More than anything I wish we could get back to unbiased news reporting cold hard facts. Less exclamation points, more periods, if you will.

Dicknose
September 8th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Where I live the police had gotten a bad reputation for corruption, rather than shooting people.
The worst stuff (which included killing people) was a tiny minority.

But after the media exposed the worst of it, the politicians and top police did a serious cleanup. Quite a few were charged and gaoled. A lot where kicked out or left.
It wasn't easy as it was wide spread to take some small bribes or kickbacks, or at least ignore it if you knew of other cops on the take.

The reputation of the police was greatly improved.

It is possible for the U.S. police forces to fix their game.
Better training, weed out people who are not suitable, change the culture to not cover up for the bad apples.

It would time and even longer to get back some people's trust.

The biggest problem I would see is actually doing this in a system that is so fragmented, with many different levels of policing. We only have state police and it's a pretty large unit (over 16,000 officers) and so this cleanup was applied just to one organisation.

MR2 Fan
September 8th, 2015, 01:21 PM
As I mentioned before, America has a unique problem. Pretty much every other first world country/super power is either much smaller OR has most of their population/control/infrastructure in a few major cities.

America has large populations, infrastructure, industries, farming, state governments spread out in a massive area, with many differences.

So, anecdotal evidence of police issues, or anecdotal evidence of other large coordinated activities are more difficult to actually support without larger statistics, and who's going to compile them? the police forces themselves? (ha)

thesameguy
September 8th, 2015, 01:39 PM
I will do it.

TheBenior
September 8th, 2015, 01:42 PM
It's easy to say that police need better training, and I think even most police would agree with you. However, paying for it is a different story. Training costs money and decays over time. An officer in training for a day isn't out there answering calls, so if you want a very well trained department, you need a larger department to cover the slack caused by having guys away for training regularly. The anti-police/anti-government types will talk about cutting pay and benefits, but police departments these days (especially in jurisdictions that cover high-crime areas) are getting fewer applicants than in years past.

I'd also add that the 'bad apples' generally aren't doing their dirty work within view of cops who aren't on the same page. Chicago has had more than a few teams over the years that were corrupt, and they usually had that reputation before any federal investigations came down. However, what you know and what you can prove are two different things.

So, anecdotal evidence of police issues, or anecdotal evidence of other large coordinated activities are more difficult to actually support without larger statistics, and who's going to compile them? the police forces themselves? (ha)
Apart from larger municipalities, investigations on things like police shootings are often done/aided by the respective county/state police. I know a guy who used to work for a small department, and if one of their vehicles was involved in a crash, the report was done by the state or county police. The FBI has finally decided that they're going to track police shootings more accurately.

overpowered
September 8th, 2015, 04:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilJ0rDw4dxY

I love it when one of the bobble heads on Fox goes against the script.

overpowered
September 8th, 2015, 09:52 PM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11988200_382821781928575_5157335725117510454_n.jpg ?oh=5dd859a556c3dda018094f0331151dde&oe=56633216

Dicknose
September 8th, 2015, 11:49 PM
As I mentioned before, America has a unique problem.
Much of its own making.

The weird allocation of powers to states and then to county/cities makes for some problems.
While it might historically be due to size and how the US grew, its not a problem that is actually due to current size or population.

Changing so all local police are at a state level would give some big benefits in making sure all police are trained and held to the same standard.
Look at the Kim Davis situation - why the hell is this job elected and not appointed. If the job was simply a public service position that was appointed, she would have been sacked in 2 seconds and this would have been a no brainer.

I now its unlikely that these sorts of levels and methods of public service would change, but there is no reason that other systems that work well in other places would not work in the USA. Size and population wouldnt stop it.
Sure some states have big populations - but my state (NSW) would be ranked 13th if it was in the USA. Only 4 states are more than twice its population. My state is also larger than Texas (and its only 5th in size here - our biggest 2 are both bigger than Alaska)
Hard to argue that something that works for 7.5 million couldnt be applied to each US state. Sure California and Texas might need a bit more effort. But its not that your size or populations are so radically different that it becomes a whole different order of magnitude problem.

Its the legacy of history that they are that way and its easy to see a lot of problems with them for very few gains (other than jingoistic shouts of "freedom" or "democracy")

MR2 Fan
September 9th, 2015, 06:04 AM
Much of its own making.

The weird allocation of powers to states and then to county/cities makes for some problems.
While it might historically be due to size and how the US grew, its not a problem that is actually due to current size or population.

Changing so all local police are at a state level would give some big benefits in making sure all police are trained and held to the same standard.
Look at the Kim Davis situation - why the hell is this job elected and not appointed. If the job was simply a public service position that was appointed, she would have been sacked in 2 seconds and this would have been a no brainer.

I now its unlikely that these sorts of levels and methods of public service would change, but there is no reason that other systems that work well in other places would not work in the USA. Size and population wouldnt stop it.
Sure some states have big populations - but my state (NSW) would be ranked 13th if it was in the USA. Only 4 states are more than twice its population. My state is also larger than Texas (and its only 5th in size here - our biggest 2 are both bigger than Alaska)
Hard to argue that something that works for 7.5 million couldnt be applied to each US state. Sure California and Texas might need a bit more effort. But its not that your size or populations are so radically different that it becomes a whole different order of magnitude problem.

Its the legacy of history that they are that way and its easy to see a lot of problems with them for very few gains (other than jingoistic shouts of "freedom" or "democracy")

Agreed, and I'm thinking back to what was being discussed in the other thread about working together against a common enemy. The original 13 American colonies had a LOT of disagreements and differences, but they united to defeat the british. Then eventually after two wars against the british, those external issues were gone, and the issues that started with the 13 colonies led to the American Civil War.

Fogelhund
September 9th, 2015, 09:54 AM
There was a video recently, where someone pointed out all the ridiculous verses in the bible that Christians choose to ignore... cloth of two threads, eating pork.. and so on... anyone have the link to this?

Freude am Fahren
September 9th, 2015, 12:34 PM
There are a lot of them, but I like the one from The West Wing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSXJzybEeJM

Fogelhund
September 9th, 2015, 01:30 PM
There are a lot of them, but I like the one from The West Wing.

That was the one I was looking for.. thanks.

Dicknose
September 9th, 2015, 05:05 PM
Ok so now NY police have assaulted James Blake, former top tennis player.
Why start with throwing the guy to the ground. He wasnt armed and from the sound of it, if it was about identity theft, they wouldnt have expected him to be a high risk of being armed and dangerous.
They didnt shoot him, but it does seem that it was extremely heavy handed.

overpowered
September 9th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Walking while black in NYC.

neanderthal
September 9th, 2015, 05:59 PM
While all the statistics and facts presented bear out, the "anecdotal evidence" suggests that in black and brown neighbourhoods, the police are uneccesarily heavy handed. These "stats" are borne out when you look at who is getting prosecuted, who is getting jailed, and who is in prison.

20 years ago, twenty. fucking. years. ago, black people were saying "this happens all the time" in response to the video taped beating of Rodney King. They went to the police station and filed complaints, called the mayor, their senator, etc, nothing got done. And now there was proof. White folks didn't understand why they rioted when the verdict was read in the trial of the police officers. Well here you had it; clear proof of police misconduct and they're found not guilty. It's why was there so much division at the result of the OJ trial; cut along racial lines.

Here we are, 2015. Black people still getting beaten and killed by the police. Even more cameras and proof. Still aint seeing those convictions when they are actually charged.

I'm not going to trust the police till i'm no longer black. That's from my own personal experiences. And i'm the squarest boringest black dude you've met. And if I hadn't been as well read and articulate in certain aspects of the law when I was pulled over, or in court, who knows what might have happened to me. When i'm on the side of the road, pulled over, reading/ quoting from the California Vehicle Code, which is in my hands, in order to not get a ticket, you know there is something wrong with that system. Three times I opened it and refuted what the officer said; I ended up keeping my registration and insurance in that book just to pre-stage our encounter.

One officer asked why I kept that in my car and I told him "if you don't know your rights you've already lost them."

The beautiful thing about the internet is that it democratises a lot of things. "He reached for my weapon" doesn't fly when the video shows otherwise.

Don't trust em. Won't trust em. Not till i ain't black.

neanderthal
September 9th, 2015, 06:03 PM
Why start with throwing the guy to the ground. He wasnt armed and from the sound of it, if it was about identity theft, they wouldnt have expected him to be a high risk of being armed and dangerous.

Police broke Thabo Sefolosha's leg when his team had made the playoffs. He's an active NBA player. Black in America.

Walking while black in NYC.

thesameguy
September 9th, 2015, 06:31 PM
20 years ago, twenty. fucking. years. ago, black people were saying "this happens all the time" in response to the video taped beating of Rodney King. They went to the police station and filed complaints, called the mayor, their senator, etc, nothing got done. And now there was proof. White folks didn't understand why they rioted when the verdict was read in the trial of the police officers. Well here you had it; clear proof of police misconduct and they're found not guilty. It's why was there so much division at the result of the OJ trial; cut along racial lines.

I am pretty sure it was about coming up and staying on top and screaming 187 on a motherfucking cop.

TheBenior
September 9th, 2015, 08:21 PM

If they straight up tackled him without him trying to run or pull away, that wouldn't be legally justifiable for identity theft by itself.

overpowered
September 9th, 2015, 10:05 PM
Louie Gohmert Vows To Quit Congress If Iran Peace Deal Passes

http://www.occupydemocrats.com/war-obsessed-tea-partier-louie-gohmert-vows-to-quit-congress-if-iran-peace-deal-passes/

Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

LHutton
September 10th, 2015, 01:13 AM
There was a video recently, where someone pointed out all the ridiculous verses in the bible that Christians choose to ignore... cloth of two threads, eating pork.. and so on... anyone have the link to this?
Not eating pork is Old Testament not New Testament, so arguably Judaism rather than Christian. The New Testament says that man will be judged by his actions, not what he puts in his mouth. And most of what's ignored by the majority of Christians is beneficial to the whole tolerance/social cohesion thing. You could equally do a video on all the aspects of The Constitution that the Government chooses to ignore and unlike the things ignored by Christians, that isn't beneficial.

overpowered
September 10th, 2015, 09:07 AM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/t31.0-8/12002454_10153667860574255_5030704171055636376_o.j pg

21Kid
September 10th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Yeah... I don't know how people can make some of these comparisons. :smh:

overpowered
September 10th, 2015, 06:37 PM
Huckabee: Dred Scott ‘still the law of the land’

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/huckabee-dred-scott-still-the-law-the-land

Erm, the Dred Scott Decision was in 1857. It was overturned in 1868 when the 14th Amendment was ratified by 2/3rds of the states. Nitwit doesn't understand that a change to the Constitution can overturn SCOTUS decisions.

MR2 Fan
September 11th, 2015, 07:14 AM
Christian Militia (should be an oxymoron, no?) group has issues with Kim Davis going to jail

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/oath-keepers-vow-to-defend-oath-breaking-kim-davis-with-guns-from-dictator-judge/

21Kid
September 11th, 2015, 08:00 AM
That sounds dangerous. :smh:

overpowered
September 11th, 2015, 09:49 AM
http://deadstate.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Screen-Shot-2015-09-11-at-7.34.07-AM.png

FaultyMario
September 11th, 2015, 09:54 AM
Following OP's picture:
donald trump picks the worst possible day to fail at twitter. (http://deadstate.org/donald-trump-picks-the-worst-possible-day-to-fail-at-twitter/)

What is Trump expecting to happen after this campaign? He has offended numerous would-be business partners.

Would campaign contributions be enough to level his sinking finances?

Crazed_Insanity
September 11th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Who cares?

At least he is nice enough to extend best wishes to all.

thesameguy
September 11th, 2015, 10:56 AM
:lol:

overpowered
September 11th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Apparently a bunch of people are pissed off that Alyssa Milano posted pictures of herself breast feeding her daughter. People need to relax about boobs and realize that this is what they are really about and it's not neither sexy nor weird.

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/who/latest-news/a/29483230/alyssa-milano-jokes-she-ll-breastfeed-her-daughter-until-she-s-6/

I'm sure she was joking about doing it until the child is 6. That would actually be pretty weird.

Crazed_Insanity
September 11th, 2015, 01:10 PM
I think it's weird to see how some mammals are pissed off seeing other mammals doing what mammals do!

To all the boobies haters, Donald Trump wishes you well.

MR2 Fan
September 11th, 2015, 02:52 PM
Rick Perry has dropped out of the presidential race....1 down....657 or something to go

overpowered
September 11th, 2015, 05:13 PM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlf1/v/t1.0-9/11990464_1246647568686122_4850148987678492381_n.pn g?oh=95ad3ff6283ca7853c2a9efaeb006db3&oe=5660127F

Freude am Fahren
September 11th, 2015, 07:53 PM
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/12002202_907280099360280_3234162864190023001_n.jpg ?oh=04bd31a05afc02394f6659043d3c734e&oe=56A7250E

overpowered
September 12th, 2015, 12:27 AM

Officer Who Arrested James Blake Has History of Force Complaints

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/12/nyregion/video-captures-new-york-officer-manhandling-tennis-star-during-arrest.html

overpowered
September 12th, 2015, 10:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5x09lkyIqc

mk
September 13th, 2015, 03:18 AM
http://2012election.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=004483
http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/sep/29/labour-conservatvies-uk-party-membership-is-tiny

Seems that members can't be compared between continents.
Around here you're a member after you've joined and have a membership document to prove it.

overpowered
September 13th, 2015, 07:17 AM
When you register to vote, you declare a party affiliation or independent. By declaring yourself for a party, you get to vote in that party's primary election, which is an election to decide which candidate from your party will go up against the opposing party in the general election some months later.

Freude am Fahren
September 13th, 2015, 07:45 AM
Which sucks as an independent. They should make primaries open, but you're only allowed to vote in one every election cycle.

mk
September 13th, 2015, 11:15 AM
When you register to vote, you declare a party affiliation or independent. By declaring yourself for a party, you get to vote in that party's primary election, which is an election to decide which candidate will go up against the opposing party in the general election some months later.
Who are the party before you register and after general election?

Can the Donald be a party if he spends enough?

overpowered
September 13th, 2015, 12:53 PM
If you are not registered to vote then you can't vote. Your party of choice is irrelevant. Registration is free and there are several ways that you can do it.

There are rules about becoming an officially recognized party. A party is not a person. It's a group of people identifying more or less with a group of political stances.

Trump could start his own party if he wants or run as an independent (no party). After much pressure from the Republican party, he has agreed not to do that, because it would pretty much guarantee a win for the Democrats. We have other parties but they are never a real factor for the presidential election and are rarely a factor for Senate or House seats.

I registered in 1981. I haven't changed my registration in that time.

Registering as a particular party has the following effects:

1. You can vote in primary elections for candidates that will compete for your party in the final election.
2. You get more junk mail from that party's politicians.

thesameguy
September 13th, 2015, 02:41 PM
I am a registered Republican so I can fuck with them. :up:

21Kid
September 14th, 2015, 06:00 AM
Kentucky county clerk won't authorize, or block, marriage licenses (http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/14/us-usa-gaymarriage-kentucky-idUSKCN0RE13920150914)

The county clerk from Kentucky who was jailed after refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples said Monday she will not authorize the licenses now that she has returned to work, but she will also not block her deputies from issuing them.
She's still refusing to do her job, forcing her deputies to do it. Someone should file a petition for her to be removed from office, if they can't fire her.

mk
September 14th, 2015, 08:10 AM
I registered in 1981. I haven't changed my registration in that time.
OK, I've missed that continuity.
I've always tought you need to register before every election cycle.
(registration is a media issue every time)
Anyway, are you more like a supporter than a member?
We have happenings where only members can go, on the other hand, supporters are not registered.

First link above has that spending and contributing are party registration requirements.
Committee is not defined.

Here a party is registered if it can show 5000 signed supporter cards.
If it can't win any representatives in two elections in a row it's removed from the register and must collect its supporter cards again.
No selected vote threshold here, but in practice small candidate list can make it very high,
D'Hondt method is used and not a long ago was a case where 2nd highest personal amount wasn't enough for 1 of 6.
Membership is also typically not free but the fee is nominal, highest is 90€/year for lefties over 3300 monthly bto salary.
Not so long ago farmers had a habit to register their whole families, only their party has a family fee, 50€/year.
State also support parties based on their representative count, youngsters can ask aid saparately.
It's illegal for a party to accept other public funded support, practice may differ and is tried every now and then.

thesameguy
September 14th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Kentucky county clerk won't authorize, or block, marriage licenses (http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/14/us-usa-gaymarriage-kentucky-idUSKCN0RE13920150914)

She's still refusing to do her job, forcing her deputies to do it. Someone should file a petition for her to be removed from office, if they can't fire her.

I'm sure they will - they just can't do it til the legislature is back in session.

overpowered
September 14th, 2015, 11:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLErPqqCC54

thesameguy
September 14th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Um, what about the Prime Directive?

https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Picard-Wtf.jpg

Sad, little man
September 14th, 2015, 01:08 PM
Maybe the first footage of them, but there has been footage of other uncontacted tribes, even up close.

Either way, it's a good thing they aren't in the US, or we would have already launched a drone strike on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaPYwlXOTzQ

overpowered
September 14th, 2015, 02:31 PM
They actually said first aerial footage of that tribe.

G'day Mate
September 14th, 2015, 06:30 PM
This is a very interesting docco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcOuBggle4Y

overpowered
September 14th, 2015, 09:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJodHoaY1Z0

Dicknose
September 15th, 2015, 01:09 AM
Australia changed Prime Minister.
Our PM Tony Abbott has been making a lot of stuff ups and finally his own party got sick of it, there was a challenge to his leadership and he was ousted.
So today Malcolm Turnbull became the new PM.

This is become a bit of trend, this is the third internal change of PM in the last 6 years, rather than via election.

JoshInKC
September 15th, 2015, 03:55 AM
So today Malcolm Turnbull became the new PM.

It'd be a lot cooler if it was Malcolm Tucker.

overpowered
September 15th, 2015, 08:28 AM
The quiet, uneventful end of ‘Jade Helm 15’

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/the-quiet-uneventful-end-jade-helm-15?cid=sm_fb_maddow

overpowered
September 15th, 2015, 08:59 AM
There is no ‘war on cops.’ And those who claim otherwise are playing a dangerous game.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2015/09/10/once-again-there-is-no-war-on-cops-and-those-who-claim-otherwise-are-playing-a-dangerous-game/

overpowered
September 15th, 2015, 07:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZVCbW63lc

LHutton
September 16th, 2015, 01:42 AM
There is no ‘war on cops.’ And those who claim otherwise are playing a dangerous game.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2015/09/10/once-again-there-is-no-war-on-cops-and-those-who-claim-otherwise-are-playing-a-dangerous-game/
Some people are always there to promote social unrest.

Crazed_Insanity
September 16th, 2015, 09:00 AM
Obama is right on. Even this very board is a bit too liberally PC. However, college campuses especially shouldn't be that closed minded about different point of views.

Regarding the cops issue, I really don't think it's a racial issue. I'm almost willing to bet that if we turn the entire police force 'black', there'll still be similar problems. It's a dangerous job. Our brains will naturally and automatically racially profile suspects and react differently. Further, the job also automatically attract certain types of people who just might be prone to seek seemingly legit ways of beating somebody up or kill somebody. Anyway, I just think the public needs to be more understanding and not judge the entire force based on few bad cops.

overpowered
September 16th, 2015, 09:06 AM
I can't remember the last time we banned someone for disagreeing or arguing. Obama says go ahead and argue. Just don't ban the people you disagree with.

Some people did leave because they were outnumbered. They banned themselves.

Crazed_Insanity
September 16th, 2015, 09:33 AM
Because they lost the argument so overwhelmingly so they feel so ashamed so they decided to ban themselves...

Does that sound right to you?

In real life campuses, some kid might just decide to kill themselves too. Well, too bad for those losers. If you decide to transfer to another school? Well good riddance.

Anyway, I just think people need to learn to be able to agree to disagree without resorting to attacks and still be able to peacefully coexist. Don't get me wrong, I understand this is not an easy thing to do.

overpowered
September 16th, 2015, 10:24 AM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/10408733_1188440847849227_9098387240404894483_n.jp g?oh=198923ff43bea35e90d5617090d75b43&oe=56AAEEF6

Freude am Fahren
September 16th, 2015, 11:06 AM
That story fills me with ALL OF THE RAGE. Fucking inbred hicks.

Crazed_Insanity
September 16th, 2015, 12:25 PM
You invent something that looks like a threat to inbred hicks. His science/engineering teacher warned him not to show it to anybody else. Society is not ready for it..., but unfortunately he also invented an alarm to go off so his invention just came out and scared the hell out of the inbred hicks.

Anyway, at least the kid is now famous and got a trip to the white house so it has a happy ending. Let go the rage.

Freude am Fahren
September 16th, 2015, 01:13 PM
I hope you're joking.

And if an alarm goes off, and a bomb doesn't explode, it's a clock.

Jason
September 16th, 2015, 01:39 PM
Science looks threatening to Texans. Got it.

Rikadyn
September 16th, 2015, 03:52 PM
We need to build a wall to keep texas out of the United States

Crazed_Insanity
September 16th, 2015, 03:56 PM
Should elemtary school teachers be expert at bomb detection? Surely she was just being cautious.

Funny how most here would give Arabs the benefit of the doubt and attack anyone who would racially profile them as terrorists but one overly cautious teacher would cause all texans to be racist dumb asses.

I hope the teacher/cops sincerely apologized for their mistake and won't over react in the future. No need to declare war on the South again. They are supposedly part of the union already. Maybe you guys actually want to kick them out of the union now?

MR2 Fan
September 16th, 2015, 07:22 PM
https://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/ahmed-hohamed-clock.jpg?w=960&h=609

Supposedly this was the clock.

I was fully on the students side reading stuff, BUT this doesn't look like an ordinary clock to me after seeing it :|

Yw-slayer
September 16th, 2015, 07:41 PM
Looks fine to me. If the science teacher cleared it as a clock, the other teacher doesn't need to be an "expert", but just needs to use her common sense.

overpowered
September 16th, 2015, 08:14 PM
I don't see anything that looks like it could be an explosive. No liquid. No plastic. No dynamite/m80/whatever.

Freude am Fahren
September 16th, 2015, 09:09 PM
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12002032_10206596879515039_4924957688331365403_n.j pg?oh=a69023d3e1ae2bb99f9df58bdea54220&oe=56A4DE54

overpowered
September 16th, 2015, 09:22 PM
Um, what about the Prime Directive?[/img]Logging interests want to cut down that forest and politicians are denying that this tribe exists. Proof is needed and this is about as minimal as contact can be while providing proof.

MR2 Fan
September 16th, 2015, 09:22 PM
Looks fine to me. If the science teacher cleared it as a clock, the other teacher doesn't need to be an "expert", but just needs to use her common sense.

common sense isn't allowed in american schools anymore...we have zero tolerance for that sort of thing!!

overpowered
September 16th, 2015, 10:46 PM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12004912_1226122567414814_3609927486012909286_n.jp g?oh=f44e2f1b5cb192f5cbdbf9ce2c1731b1&oe=56662F7E

Sad, little man
September 16th, 2015, 11:50 PM
Definitely funny, but I can't help but feel that it's wrong to ridicule someone's physical appearance just because you don't like their viewpoints and the way they express them. Seems a little Donald Trump to me.

Drachen596
September 17th, 2015, 02:57 AM
that looks like about 90% of the time bombs you see in movies. btw keep in mind that quite a few schools even have a zero tolerance policy for IMITATING a gun. remember the 7 year old suspended for a 'pop tart gun' http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/03/zero-tolerance-guns-schools-newtown

3 of the 6 offices charged in the Freddie Gray issue are black. still about racism whites vs blacks to quite a few people though.

Jason
September 17th, 2015, 03:05 AM
I don't see anything that looks like it could be an explosive. No liquid. No plastic. No dynamite/m80/whatever.

That's what I was thinking. It's literally a board and some wires, wtf.

Jason
September 17th, 2015, 03:06 AM
Definitely funny, but I can't help but feel that it's wrong to ridicule someone's physical appearance just because you don't like their viewpoints and the way they express them. Seems a little Donald Trump to me.

I've been seeing that around, and I read it more as she's a ridiculous asshole like Dick, more than she looks like him... considering the whole mask removal aspect.

Jason
September 17th, 2015, 03:07 AM
that looks like about 90% of the time bombs you see in movies. btw keep in mind that quite a few schools even have a zero tolerance policy for IMITATING a gun. remember the 7 year old suspended for a 'pop tart gun' http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/03/zero-tolerance-guns-schools-newtown

3 of the 6 offices charged in the Freddie Gray issue are black. still about racism whites vs blacks to quite a few people though.

Institutional racism isn't about the individuals of the institution, its about the actions of people representing the institution.

sandydandy
September 17th, 2015, 03:18 AM
What I don't get is if the kid was cleared of all wrongdoing by the authorities, then why did the school still suspend him for three days??

Jason
September 17th, 2015, 03:28 AM
What I don't get is if the kid was cleared of all wrongdoing by the authorities, then why did the school still suspend him for three days??

Because the kid is a distraction, or sets a bad example, or the the school authorities love their power, etc.

Drachen596
September 17th, 2015, 03:32 AM
i can't seem to find ANYTHING that says what the actual reason for the suspension is.

Sad, little man
September 17th, 2015, 04:05 AM
I've been seeing that around, and I read it more as she's a ridiculous asshole like Dick, more than she looks like him... considering the whole mask removal aspect.
Oh come on now, don't boil this down to grade school levels of understanding just to brush off the really nasty message this really conveys. First, there are dozens if not hundreds of people better suited to play the part in this comic than Dick Cheney. Hell, one of Cheney's daughters is gay, and he has supported gay marriage for years.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/11/dick-cheney-defends-daughter-liz-in-gay-marriage-family-feud/

Second, the fact that they only superimposed his face on there and left the hair as her's shows that it was clearly intended to play off of the similarities in their appearance.

As repulsive as Kim Davis has been, this comic comes from a similarly repulsive place... Shaming someone for their physical appearance, which has nothing to do with their ideologies. This is exactly what we've been shaming Trump for doing.

Don't play this off as anything else. That's like the kid in middle school who hits his teacher in the back of the head with a ball of paper but then claims he was aiming to throw it in the trash can.

Freude am Fahren
September 17th, 2015, 06:34 AM
Meh, I think she actually looks like him in that picture. It's not really shaming for being ugly, but for looking like a person who is also a hateful cunt.

overpowered
September 17th, 2015, 07:20 AM
Yeah. I think SLM is severely over thinking it.

Crazed_Insanity
September 17th, 2015, 09:11 AM
Yes SLM, you're over thinking it. Anyone who discriminate against arabs like Z07 or this school teacher ought to be hanged. We have no tolerance for such bigotry here.

However, it's open season for all the southern inbred conservative christians. Any attack is okay on those folks. If you don't like it, you're just over thinking it.

Freude am Fahren
September 17th, 2015, 01:26 PM
I think you're underthinking it, Billi.

Sad, little man
September 17th, 2015, 03:53 PM
First off, no Billi, her bigoted, hateful viewpoints do deserve ridicule, all day long, often.

But Freude, when you're calling out the similarities between the way a woman looks and an overweight middle-aged dude, that's shaming her for being ugly. Again, don't pawn this shit off as something else, it's not. Again, Dick Cheney has been a longtime gay marriage supporter. The use of his image here makes no sense except for the purpose of drawing out the similarities in the way they look to each other.

Again, yeah, it's a pretty clever and funny meme, but let's remember that in this case we're basically no better than Donald Trump when he says no one would vote for Carly Fiorina because of how her face looks.

overpowered
September 17th, 2015, 05:33 PM
http://freakoutnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Coulter-tweet-620x258.jpg

Jason
September 17th, 2015, 05:34 PM
I'm confused... What is she referring to?

overpowered
September 17th, 2015, 07:32 PM
She tries to worm her way out of it:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/17/ann-coulter-defends-f-king-jews-rant.html

Tom Servo
September 17th, 2015, 08:29 PM
I'm confused... What is she referring to?

I believe it was Carly Fiorina saying that she'd immediately call her good friend Netanyahu and tell him how we fully support Israel if she were elected.

overpowered
September 17th, 2015, 09:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOJm9NSEjic

Jason
September 18th, 2015, 05:55 AM
Well that makes me feel like 5% dirty, since I really dislike how much political influence and support Israel receives. But, not like... how she put it. :|

It'd be great to just spend less money over there supporting an endless war.

LHutton
September 18th, 2015, 07:05 AM
She tries to worm her way out of it:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/17/ann-coulter-defends-f-king-jews-rant.html
Badly expressed but she has a point. The US has been completely impotent when it comes to telling Israel to either follow International Law or have aid cut off. Chuck Hagel had to face a Spanish Inquisition after simply saying that US policy interests should be placed above those of Israel. At times the influence is that powerful it almost seems like the US is an Israeli dependency. But because she's pre-fixed 'Jews' with 'fucking' everyone will cry foul. However, all this shit was basically started because of the Iran deal and the fact that, for the first time ever, a US president had the sheer gall to verbally criticise Israel for killing >2,000 civilians. Wrong words, right intent. The problem isn't really Jews as a whole either, it's Zionists, who are few in number, but large in influence.

EDIT: Crazily enough though, having read on, she's not even against Israel's hideous policies, she was just literally sick of the arse-licking.

overpowered
September 18th, 2015, 08:20 AM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11200796_10100956269889332_9172472211017200508_n.j pg?oh=df14fb3cbdea9dca966da5fd509c7482&oe=569D1AEF

overpowered
September 18th, 2015, 08:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONRQZshyrPI

overpowered
September 18th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Bernie Sanders Live Tweets GOP Debate

http://aattp.org/bernie-sanders-live-tweets-gop-debate-makes-gop-look-ridiculous/

21Kid
September 18th, 2015, 09:59 AM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11200796_10100956269889332_9172472211017200508_n.j pg?oh=df14fb3cbdea9dca966da5fd509c7482&oe=569D1AEF
I hadn't thought about that...

thesameguy
September 18th, 2015, 10:23 AM
I think that's an obvious possibility, but I also think it's folly to speak authoritatively on how people will respond to threats. Some people run from an explosion, some people go to see what made the noise. Not everyone shares the same sense of danger, and not everyone is clear headed when threatened. Hell, not everyone is clear-headed period. Maybe they thought yelling at this kid was sufficient to curb the threat, maybe they didn't have the phone number for "bomb squad" (we don't have a listing in Sacramento, FWIW), and maybe they didn't want to upset their day with an evacuation. I'm not saying any of these things are true or not, but there is no clearly superior, provable, clinically likelier scenario.

The important fact is that these people are *clearly* stupid - the core fact is they either thought scrap electronics were a bomb, or they set out to humiliate a kid and manufactured a poorly constructed scenario to get it done. These are not smart people no matter how you slice it. Arguing "OMG bomb panic" is a less likely scenario than "let's get that kid good" is a boondoggle. Either way, their piss-poor handling of a piss-poor foundation is piss-poor. They are stupid and need to be removed from our educational system if not be sentenced immediately to the mulcher.

Sad, little man
September 18th, 2015, 12:11 PM
I thought that it was always understood that the clock wasn't an actual bomb, but the arrest and punishment were carried out based on the act of just bringing something to school that looked like a bomb, which I guess is a no-no.

Not siding with the administration, I'm just saying take off the tin foil conspiracy hats.

MR2 Fan
September 18th, 2015, 12:43 PM
I thought that it was always understood that the clock wasn't an actual bomb, but the arrest and punishment were carried out based on the act of just bringing something to school that looked like a bomb, which I guess is a no-no.

Not siding with the administration, I'm just saying take off the tin foil conspiracy hats.

That was my thoughts as well. But again, people have been watching too many action movies

thesameguy
September 18th, 2015, 01:36 PM
And who knows what people actually thought? The fact that they got "bomb" from "briefcase with a circuit board" is pathetic.

Although when I was in middle school I built this contraption that had some batteries, an electric motor, a tachometer, and some LEDs. It was a fan that showed poorly what speed it was spinning at. I got in big trouble for bringing a weapon to school. So, who knows what idiotic conclusions "average" people can draw from someone who has built something. Perhaps it could have just as easily gone the other way and they might have called the energy commission with a story about their student who had just solved the world's problems.

overpowered
September 18th, 2015, 07:10 PM
Neil deGrasse Tyson: A Conversation with Edward Snowden (Part 1)

https://soundcloud.com/startalk/a-conversation-with-edward-snowden-part-1

overpowered
September 18th, 2015, 11:24 PM
http://www.newscorpse.com/Pix/Campaign-2016/trump-hate-again.jpg

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/?p=29671

LHutton
September 18th, 2015, 11:50 PM

I guess they just weren't sure at the end of the day, but in fairness, that has to be the most suspicious looking clock ever. Would an airline also have stopped him, you know the answer is 'yes'.

LHutton
September 19th, 2015, 12:06 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/infamous-kentucky-clerk-kim-davis-220635278.html

Infamous Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Violates Judge's Order, Could Soon Return to Jail

overpowered
September 19th, 2015, 10:09 PM
Microsoft rewards the kid who made a clock.

http://www.geekwire.com/2015/heres-what-microsoft-gave-the-teenager-who-was-arrested-for-bringing-a-homemade-clock-to-school/

overpowered
September 20th, 2015, 06:19 AM
Irving police chief admits: Cops knew Ahmed Mohamed didn’t have a bomb when they arrested him

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/irving-police-chief-admits-cops-knew-ahmed-mohamed-didnt-have-a-bomb-when-they-arrested-him/

FaultyMario
September 20th, 2015, 07:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GX6a2WEA1Q

cool portraits here (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEgA6bEeal3xgBC16YIIHi6ap9FgI6a2i)

overpowered
September 20th, 2015, 11:11 AM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12039363_912371675523708_2398835788619957647_n.jpg ?oh=f40062bbe2af5877b64bca20fffa0332&oe=56A1FE75

MR2 Fan
September 20th, 2015, 07:59 PM
http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/a0Yn83Z_460s.jpg

overpowered
September 20th, 2015, 09:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ9FdmQg-5k

Freude am Fahren
September 21st, 2015, 03:41 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/21/business/a-huge-overnight-increase-in-a-drugs-price-raises-protests.html

A hedge fund bro bought an AIDS drug, then raised the price from $13.50 to $750

overpowered
September 21st, 2015, 05:02 PM
Slimy lying scumbag.

LHutton
September 22nd, 2015, 12:19 AM
How do those guys sleep at night?

Freude am Fahren
September 22nd, 2015, 06:45 AM
On 5000ct Egyptian cotton sheets flanked by European supermodels would be my guess.

Sad, little man
September 22nd, 2015, 08:36 AM
When he's not marking up life saving AIDS drugs, he dabbles in harassing and stalking friends and family members.

http://usuncut.com/class-war/pharma-ceo-hacked-legal-rival-harassed-wife-teenage-son/

overpowered
September 22nd, 2015, 09:36 AM
What do you expect from a drug king pin?

Crazed_Insanity
September 22nd, 2015, 10:00 AM
The move seems to want to rip off the insurance companies more than actual patients. Who the hell could afford that price out of their own pockets?

Anyway, why is this in politics thread? Hard to imagine any crazy Republican candidates would even approve such a price hike.

MR2 Fan
September 22nd, 2015, 11:25 AM
The move seems to want to rip off the insurance companies more than actual patients. Who the hell could afford that price out of their own pockets?

Anyway, why is this in politics thread? Hard to imagine any crazy Republican candidates would even approve such a price hike.

they would privately....not publicly

overpowered
September 22nd, 2015, 04:30 PM
Why is it in the politics thread? If we had government health care with a single payer system, such gouging could be prevented. This shit doesn't happen in Canada or most of Europe.

Also, he's relented. I was unclear if he was going back to the $13.50 price or backing off to a less insane markup.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11028036_929674063736957_8606123259132898340_n.jpg ?oh=8621c50f1cf304e9b6ae1771e0b229a3&oe=565DC599

overpowered
September 22nd, 2015, 04:53 PM
Trump’s Immigrant Grandpappy Made The Family Fortune On Stolen Land, Hookers, And Booze

http://www.liberalamerica.org/2015/09/21/trumps-immigrant-grandpappy-made-family-fortune-stolen-land-hookers-booze/

Yeah, I know the Kennedy's made theirs on booze.

Sad, little man
September 22nd, 2015, 05:11 PM
So basically the same way that Trump made his money?

overpowered
September 22nd, 2015, 08:47 PM
The Donald made his money the old fashioned way, he inherited it. He made more in real estate but without the money he started with, he probably would not have.

His dad also inherited it from his pimp dad. He also made more in real estate.

Pimp dad made it the other old fashioned way, pimping and selling illegal alcohol.

overpowered
September 22nd, 2015, 10:45 PM
This is how right-wing media welcomed Pope Francis to America:

https://www.facebook.com/Mediamatters/videos/10153193908191167/

overpowered
September 22nd, 2015, 10:47 PM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/t31.0-8/11170297_10152969986352522_1604480862142916540_o.p ng

Dicknose
September 22nd, 2015, 11:29 PM
Why is it in the politics thread? If we had government health care with a single payer system, such gouging could be prevented. This shit doesn't happen in Canada or most of Europe.

Yes this shit does happen to other health care systems - we have to buy the drug from that company if they hold a world wide patent.
What might happen is that the drug is re-evaluated to see if its cost effective to subsidise.

overpowered
September 23rd, 2015, 08:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uTPYiEqsUc

MR2 Fan
September 23rd, 2015, 09:22 AM
so my cousin and his gf whom I mentioned previously went to the White House and met POTUS again...this time got photos.

Thats his gf shaking hands with POTUS, my cousin taking a photo behind her.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/s960x960/12032772_10102571388378948_1011026245890055200_o.j pg

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t31.0-8/12029772_10102571391532628_8982327709200950373_o.j pg

At least one of us is doing something with our lives :p

Crazed_Insanity
September 23rd, 2015, 12:19 PM
Yes this shit does happen to other health care systems - we have to buy the drug from that company if they hold a world wide patent.
What might happen is that the drug is re-evaluated to see if its cost effective to subsidise.

Yep.

OP, remember department of defense is a single payer and defense companies have no problems ripping them off.

Single payer doesn't guarantee cost savings. Government inefficiencies can also end up increasing cost and lower the quality of services.

FaultyMario
September 23rd, 2015, 12:20 PM
Lucky him, he was then off to meet with Cardinal Bergoglio.

The unseemly left-right war over the pope's affections (http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/why-do-we-care-whose-side-the-pope-is-on-20150923)

The notion that [George] Will is upset with this pope on behalf of the poor is hilarious, but understandable. Conservatives loved the pre-Francis Catholic strategy for dealing with the poor. First, you create lots of cheap third-world factory labor by discouraging contraception. Then you give lip service to alleviating poverty by pushing a program of strictly voluntary charitable donations.

That Catholic Church has always been a great ally to the industrialist aristocrats George Will represents. So it's not surprising he's not feeling this whole "we need to reform capitalism" thing.

But conservatives feel betrayed on another level. Much in the way Mormons believe Jesus will ultimately return to earth and settle in Missouri, conservatives have long accepted that the pope should be a secret American who believes in free enterprise, cries during Band of Brothers and would build his home in the United States if he had it to do all over again.

Thus a lot of the criticism from the right this week implies that this pope is insufficiently worshipful of America and Americans. They think his lack of reverence for God's chosen symbol of the miracle of capitalist production traitorous, and moreover they're offended that he doesn't seem to think Americans are the best and most generous people on earth. Pollution and greed aside, doesn't this pope know that some of us claim hundreds of dollars a year in charitable deductions?

thesameguy
September 23rd, 2015, 03:03 PM
Like.

overpowered
September 23rd, 2015, 07:29 PM
'Murica

http://reverbpress.com/religion/wwjd-pastor-guards-no-gay-marriage-sign-shotgun/

overpowered
September 23rd, 2015, 07:52 PM
Huckabee

http://act.faithfulamerica.org/sign/huckabee_antichristian

overpowered
September 23rd, 2015, 10:09 PM
Dammit people suck.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/23/left-handed-preschooler-4-allegedly-ordered-to-use/

Dicknose
September 23rd, 2015, 10:37 PM
Dammit people suck.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/23/left-handed-preschooler-4-allegedly-ordered-to-use/

Thats sinister

overpowered
September 23rd, 2015, 10:52 PM
Trump dumps Fox News.

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/?p=29719

MR2 Fan
September 24th, 2015, 05:06 AM
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/busted-florida-goper-hatches-diabolical-plan-to-redraw-dems-district-with-black-inmates-who-cant-vote/

21Kid
September 24th, 2015, 09:20 AM
The Republican lawmaker predicted that Brown’s lawsuit would be “on ice” until after the elections because the longtime Democratic representative could not show damages unless she lost. :erm:

thesameguy
September 24th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Well, that is how it works. Redrawing district lines isn't illegal, so you'd have to show the redraw had a negative effect. Unfortunately there is no such thing as "attempted hooliganism."

overpowered
September 24th, 2015, 01:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAtunJv6NtE

overpowered
September 24th, 2015, 01:50 PM
http://i2.wp.com/contemptor.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/john-boehner-cry-face.jpg

LHutton
September 25th, 2015, 01:41 AM
Well, that is how it works. Redrawing district lines isn't illegal, so you'd have to show the redraw had a negative effect. Unfortunately there is no such thing as "attempted hooliganism."
Gerrymandering is common practice across the political spectrum. The Labour party in the UK did a shitload of it between 1997 and 2010. It's not even illegal if it does provide an advantage here, because the aforementioned changes surely did.

Tom Servo
September 25th, 2015, 06:04 AM
Huh, Boehner has resigned not only from the speaker position, but from congress entirely, effective Oct. 30th. Saying it's for the good of the party, and I could see that if it was just the speakership, but it seems odd to completely give up the seat in congress for that. Wonder what he got caught doing...

MR2 Fan
September 25th, 2015, 06:21 AM
Huh, Boehner has resigned not only from the speaker position, but from congress entirely, effective Oct. 30th. Saying it's for the good of the party, and I could see that if it was just the speakership, but it seems odd to completely give up the seat in congress for that. Wonder what he got caught doing...

wow....I'm scared, I wonder who's going to replace him

Rikadyn
September 25th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Maybe he had a moment after meeting the pope and realising he couldn't be part of it anymore

Crazed_Insanity
September 25th, 2015, 08:52 AM
Should have the Pope pay everyone in Congress a visit and clean up the place!

Tom Servo
September 25th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Maybe he had a moment after meeting the pope and realising he couldn't be part of it anymore

Just saw this from a Clara Jeffery on Twitter:

John Boehner was so moved by the Pope's sermon on humility and cooperation he'll take a year off before becoming a corporate lobbyist

overpowered
September 25th, 2015, 10:02 AM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlf1/v/t1.0-9/19202_10203825052547151_9009896669108938108_n.jpg? oh=d618732b8f08a7dda437378054742eb3&oe=56A4DC45

Crazed_Insanity
September 25th, 2015, 10:17 AM
:lol:

Rikadyn
September 25th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Should have the Pope pay everyone in Congress a visit and clean up the place!

Would only matter to the catholics

Crazed_Insanity
September 25th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Ah! Didn't realize Boner is Catholic.

overpowered
September 25th, 2015, 08:14 PM
Edward Snowden on Star Talk, part 2.

https://soundcloud.com/startalk/a-conversation-with-edward-snowden-part-2

overpowered
September 26th, 2015, 08:54 PM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/12009761_1195856087107703_5010451522631585173_n.jp g?oh=54ba57410bff96c75af94bfd565ed04e&oe=569B797E

overpowered
September 26th, 2015, 10:39 PM
Carly Fiorina caught lying to military veterans about medical marijuana

http://www.dailynewsbin.com/news/carly-fiorina-caught-lying-to-military-veterans-about-medical-marijuana/22583/

overpowered
September 27th, 2015, 09:16 AM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/12004063_880733075328639_3627248838852035101_n.jpg ?oh=ff959b5fb93644fdad86767273014007&oe=5694C9DB

overpowered
September 27th, 2015, 02:58 PM
The Fox News Cult Of Ignorance: It’s Just As Bad As You Thought

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/?p=29751

overpowered
September 28th, 2015, 10:54 AM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12033210_10208107430143729_8294868586210557567_n.j pg?oh=501b5b27b847be6d1aab6198b4d46241&oe=56A07869

overpowered
September 28th, 2015, 02:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtgKtBAsk34

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2015/09/cops-pull-gun-on-couple-driving-to-the-hospital-to-give-birth

overpowered
September 28th, 2015, 08:49 PM
The drug industry wants us to think Martin Shkreli is a rogue CEO. He isn’t.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonkblog/wp/2015/09/25/the-drug-industry-wants-us-to-think-martin-shkreli-is-a-rogue-ceo-he-isnt/

overpowered
September 29th, 2015, 06:57 AM
Water on Mars is a liberal plot.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/limbaugh-sees-liberal-plot-mars-water

FaultyMario
September 29th, 2015, 11:27 PM
Is any of your presidential hopefuls propposing a repeal of the patriot act?

That is who i'd vote for if I had the chance.
Everything else seems to be business as usual.
You northern neighbors got really screwed by Cheney on that one.

overpowered
September 29th, 2015, 11:28 PM
Bernie Sanders and Rand Paul.

FaultyMario
September 30th, 2015, 05:23 AM
Did some reading last night about Russ Feingold. I wonder why he lost his senate seat, does he have a turbulent personal life?

21Kid
September 30th, 2015, 05:24 AM
Bernie Sanders and Rand Paul.
Rand Paul still has too many other crazy ideas. :down:
:up: for Bernie.

overpowered
September 30th, 2015, 06:44 AM
Propagandists can't even handle simple Cartesian graph making.

http://www.vox.com/2015/9/29/9417845/planned-parenthood-terrible-chart

overpowered
September 30th, 2015, 06:49 AM
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/gop-leader-accidentally-tells-the-truth-about-benghazi-committee

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) – the likely next Speaker of the House – and his interview on Fox News last night. Roll Call reported this morning on the Republican leader’s on-air comments:

What you’re going to see is a conservative Speaker, that takes a conservative Congress, that puts a strategy to fight and win. And let me give you one example. Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right?

“But we put together a Benghazi special committee. A select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she’s untrustable. But no one would have known that any of that had happened had we not fought to make that happen.Michael Kinsley once said a political gaffe occurs when a politician accidentally tells the truth. By this measure, the man who’s likely to become Speaker of the House next month made an important mistake last night.

LHutton
September 30th, 2015, 07:50 AM
Propagandists can't even handle simple Cartesian graph making.

http://www.vox.com/2015/9/29/9417845/planned-parenthood-terrible-chart
They could be on separate scales (one left, one right), but then the scales aren't shown, so yeah, screwed up and still out of proportion anyway.

Freude am Fahren
September 30th, 2015, 07:54 AM
Even if they are it's disingenuous at best.

Look at how much torque my 200hp motor makes on my new Dyno chart!

overpowered
September 30th, 2015, 08:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9mJpVf4dkc

LHutton
September 30th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Even if they are it's disingenuous at best.

Look at how much torque my 200hp motor makes on my new Dyno chart!

In kW and Nm that's pretty much what most look like, especially turbo-diesels... even on the same scale.

The main reason there's still a problem with their graph is the fact that they have ~half of 2 million looking like < one fifth of it and ~15% more than 289k looking like 3 times it.

thesameguy
September 30th, 2015, 09:51 AM
Rand Paul still has too many other crazy ideas. :down:
:up: for Bernie.

Man, Bernie is looking like a winner, isn't he?

21Kid
September 30th, 2015, 11:17 AM
I think so.

overpowered
September 30th, 2015, 02:46 PM
Kentucky Republican, along with two libertarians, claims First Amendment right to accept bribes

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/kentucky-republican-along-with-two-libertarians-claims-first-amendment-right-to-accept-bribes/

LHutton
October 1st, 2015, 02:07 AM
Republican candidates of late:

Romney 2012... Trump 2016... Madoff 2020?

21Kid
October 1st, 2015, 06:00 AM
Kentucky Republican, along with two libertarians, claims First Amendment right to accept bribes

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/kentucky-republican-along-with-two-libertarians-claims-first-amendment-right-to-accept-bribes/ Isn't that how Citizens United got approved?

MR2 Fan
October 1st, 2015, 06:17 AM
I can't link to it right now, but Rachel Maddow's show last night was very interesting. Apparently the most likely new Speaker of the House, 2 heartbeats away from the President, ironically, can't put coherent sentences together, it's simultaneously amusing and terrifying.

Also, we're now in a proxy war in Syria....Russia bombing for Assad, and the U.S. bombing for the rebels, and ISIS is somewhere in between.

21Kid
October 1st, 2015, 09:25 AM
Is that the same one as OPs comment above, where he also admitted that the entire Benghazi "scandal" was implemented to lower Hilary's polling?

MR2 Fan
October 1st, 2015, 09:54 AM
Is that the same one as OPs comment above, where he also admitted that the entire Benghazi "scandal" was implemented to lower Hilary's polling?

oh no, he says a LOT of other stupid stuff....that was just accidentally telling the truth. He has a very bad grasp of the english language and public speaking apparently.

http://on.msnbc.com/1FJrnpV

21Kid
October 1st, 2015, 10:20 AM
Oh my... that is sad. :(
Why would they pick that guy? The least experienced person in history, huh? He's passed two bills... renaming a post office and a bill renaming a research facility.

or not...
House Republicans on Wednesday sharply repudiated Rep. Kevin McCarthy's comments that suggested the Benghazi oversight committee had succeeded by tarnishing Hillary Clinton, saying it undermined their party's messaging on a key issue and raised questions about his ability to be the GOP's top communicator.

Rikadyn
October 1st, 2015, 04:22 PM
Return to McCarthyism?

overpowered
October 1st, 2015, 06:45 PM
In some ways, yes. We've been moving that direction for a while now.

overpowered
October 1st, 2015, 08:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePY8N8g39Ms

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/10/01/mccarthy-admits-planned-parenthood-hearings-purpose-political-benghazi-probe.html

overpowered
October 2nd, 2015, 07:25 AM
Alabama Demands Voter ID--Then Closes Driver's License Offices In Black Counties

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/alabama-drivers-licenses-voter-id

overpowered
October 2nd, 2015, 08:33 AM
Fox News Admitted The Benghazi Probe Was A Political Sham Years Before McCarthy

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/?p=29788

overpowered
October 2nd, 2015, 02:15 PM
Kim Davis apparently misrepresented her meeting with the Pope.

http://www.advocate.com/religion/2015/10/02/vatican-disputes-kim-daviss-version-papal-meeting

overpowered
October 2nd, 2015, 02:23 PM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtl1/v/t1.0-9/12144661_475719105938597_1059444011986511686_n.jpg ?oh=019c6b3f1608b6375284537eda26396f&oe=56A94D18

overpowered
October 2nd, 2015, 08:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOCwYJPOgr4

overpowered
October 3rd, 2015, 12:22 PM
Ben Carson's scientific ignorance:

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/ben-carsons-scientific-ignorance

overpowered
October 3rd, 2015, 08:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwsdj5p8KEY

LHutton
October 4th, 2015, 01:24 AM
He'd probably be their most viable candidate if he did.

overpowered
October 4th, 2015, 06:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUE50xRpIuo

overpowered
October 4th, 2015, 09:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns7ocpRhDD8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P4m7EiQlSQ

overpowered
October 4th, 2015, 02:09 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2961897/Sexually-abused-home-schooled-offered-arranged-marriage-25-000-unable-work-didn-t-exist-extraordinary-story-victim-extreme-fundamentalists.html

Some people still take the Bible literally when it talks about selling your daughter. :smh:

JoshInKC
October 4th, 2015, 05:56 PM
He'd probably be their most viable candidate if he did.

Depends really. If he were to somehow run on the record of his presidency, he'd be completely unelectable. He's way too far to the left for the modern-day Reps or even the Dems.
But he was a canny enough political operator that if he wasn't running on his record, he'd probably position himself to crush the competition for the Rep nomination.

overpowered
October 5th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Southern California Cops Punch and Knee Woman After She Complains About Profane Officer

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2015/10/southern-california-cops-punch-and-knee-woman-after-she-complains-about-profane-officer/

Crazed_Insanity
October 5th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Story is very one sided. Pulled over for a seat belt violation... and then the next thing she knows is that the cop is basically on top of her?

Why is an officer on top of a woman like that? That's odd. Also, why is the officer staying on top of her like that for that long? She couldn't be handcuffed? Or was he just dry humping her for fun?

I can't imagine a cop would just push a lady down and then lay on top of her for no reason at all.

Now the 2nd officer rushed over and hit and kneed the subdued woman was totally unnecessary, but perhaps this could be avoided had she been cooperative with the 1st officer?

Anyway, surely there's more to this story that what the article is showing.

Lastly, had this been a black lady, another riot probably will follow. But as we all can see here, an emotionally charged cop can easily over use force on uncooperative folks. It's not just a race thing. It's a cop thing. When they put their lives on the line day in and day out, give them a little break. It's also a good idea for you to comply to whatever stupid demands they ask of you. Don't fight them on the spot. Fight them in courts.This is for your own benefit.

overpowered
October 5th, 2015, 09:43 AM
A little more to it than that.

The incident took place July 31, 2013 when she came across an officer standing in front of a car with a blaring alarm.

She asked what was going on. He asked if it was her car. She said no.

“Then mind your fucking business,” he told her.

Shocked and angered, she called the Carlsbad Police Department to complain about the police officer.

She also pulled out her phone and began recording and he continued to insult her using profane language, according to CBS Los Angeles, but that video has not surfaced yet.

Then she got in her car and tried to leave, which was when the officer pulled her over, accusing her of a seat belt violation.

Crazed_Insanity
October 5th, 2015, 10:03 AM
I got that. I just want to know how does a seat belt violation resulted in her laying down on the lawn with an officer on top dry humping her.

Because she asked what's going on earlier? Because she reported the guy? Because she's white? Because the cop is just nuts and wants to rape her in public?

The story covered none of that. It's like she blacked out from the moment that she was pulled over and then awaken to be on the ground with cop on top of her.

Was she cussing back? Was she resisting arrest and agitated a pissed off cop further? Most likely.

thesameguy
October 5th, 2015, 11:03 AM
The article suggests (but doesn't say) she was dragged out of her car. I agree, though, without knowing what transpired in the middle it is difficult to say how egregious the situation was. If she was actually wearing her seatbelt and as soon as she stopped she was dragged out for some punching that's a very different story than she wasn't wearing her seatbelt and after being pulled over she told the cop the fuck off and reached for a knife on the passenger seat. It's probably somewhere in the middle, but without knowing those details I can't put together an opinion on the situation.

overpowered
October 6th, 2015, 08:25 AM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xal1/v/t1.0-9/12079164_935050623199301_3234950068283759370_n.jpg ?oh=cadd496fff6998b6b26afe66f8fc8d9b&oe=568F3DF4

Crazed_Insanity
October 6th, 2015, 08:32 AM
So what do they call it when it actually helps themselves?

thesameguy
October 6th, 2015, 08:42 AM
Religion?

God helps those that that help themselves, right?

Crazed_Insanity
October 6th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Probably not quite religion, and I don't quite agree God only helps those who help themselves...

Anyway, but I see where you're trying to go...

I guess 'socialism' is just a dirty word the conservative Christians used to justify their lack of mercy and grace. Sad really.

LHutton
October 6th, 2015, 09:04 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/ex-un-general-assembly-head-among-6-held-130647097--finance.html

Ex-UN General Assembly head among 6 held in bribery scheme

overpowered
October 6th, 2015, 11:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZZ-wmzHDfE

MR2 Fan
October 7th, 2015, 05:03 PM
http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/a1YEOVw_460s_v1.jpg

2ndMoparMan
October 7th, 2015, 07:25 PM
http://esq.h-cdn.co/assets/15/40/1443538748-kim-davis-roz.jpg

MR2 Fan
October 8th, 2015, 09:52 AM
oh no, he says a LOT of other stupid stuff....that was just accidentally telling the truth. He has a very bad grasp of the english language and public speaking apparently.

http://on.msnbc.com/1FJrnpV

Quoting myself BECAUSE, Kevin McCarthy has just dropped out of the running as the next Speaker of the House. Now let's see who they drag out of the shadows for this position that nobody in the GOP really seems to want.

overpowered
October 8th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Lindsey Graham says he can’t remember why he voted against Hurricane Sandy relief

http://americablog.com/2015/10/lindsey-graham-says-he-cant-remember-why-he-voted-against-hurricane-sandy-relief.html

overpowered
October 8th, 2015, 12:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lC-U5xiFjs

FaultyMario
October 9th, 2015, 04:03 AM
"people think the system is rigged".

All sorts of people in Europe, North and South America and East Asia "think" the rich get more than they put in.

LHutton
October 9th, 2015, 04:26 AM
That's a basic mathematical fact of the financial system. When a house is built, the bank makes more money through interest than everyone involved in the work and supply of goods.

FaultyMario
October 9th, 2015, 08:37 AM
So a "basic mathematical fact", not an opinion, helps explain the rise of someone, Sanders, who expresses a public desire to change policy.

Thank you.