PDA

View Full Version : Politics

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101

overpowered
June 6th, 2016, 01:01 AM
Trump's disdain for the 1st amendment.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/02/27/trump-freedom-press-not-people.html

Crazed_Insanity
June 6th, 2016, 07:06 AM
He'd be litigator in chief if elected! Anyway, I don't think he's saying we should get rid of freedom of press, just that he'll sue if report is not to his liking. Media has long been the 4th branch of govt, it's good to have some sort of chk and balancing going on in my opinion.

LHutton
June 6th, 2016, 07:19 AM
To be honest, it depends what he means. If he means preventing reports that are in the public interest, then that's bad. But if he means curtailing blatantly bullshit false reporting, then that could actually be good.

LHutton
June 6th, 2016, 08:53 AM
http://www.onenewspage.com/n/Markets/759otmc5b/ISIS-Burns-Alive-19-Women-For-Refusing-Sex.htm

ISIS Burns Alive 19 Women For Refusing Sex; Executes Dozens Of Its Own Fighters In Spy Purge

:smh:

overpowered
June 6th, 2016, 04:26 PM
Trump's racism isn't just racism. It's strategy.

https://www.facebook.com/moveon/videos/10153501807100493/

Alan P
June 6th, 2016, 06:05 PM
BBC via AP reporting that Hillary has enough pledged delegates to win the nomination. PLEASE FBI, Indict her already.

overpowered
June 6th, 2016, 07:19 PM
They are mistaken. She has enough with pledged+super delegates (the exact minimum number), but not with pledged delegates alone. Super delegates can change any time up to and including at the convention, and the remaining primaries could affect super delegate choices.

LHutton
June 6th, 2016, 10:29 PM
What happens if Hillary gets selected but then gets indicted during the Presidential race? Disqualification with Trump President by default? Democrat VP choice takes over running?

overpowered
June 6th, 2016, 11:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tji1g0WrPw

novicius
June 7th, 2016, 04:48 AM
BBC via AP reporting that Hillary has enough pledged delegates to win the nomination. PLEASE FBI, Indict her already.
Sure seems like they're dragging their feet on purpose. :smh:

Waiting until Bernie drops out? Until after the general election even? Clinton writing her own Presidential Pardon seems like a very "Clinton-y" thing to do.

Kchrpm
June 7th, 2016, 05:19 AM
Interesting. I was thinking they were holding on to it until the general election so they could bury her and the Democratic party with it, but waiting until after she's president so she could pardon herself (is that a thing she can do?) is a new wrinkle I hadn't considered.

overpowered
June 7th, 2016, 05:56 AM
Donald Trump answers the question: What is 2+2? (Credit: Steven Edwards)

"I have to say a lot of people have been asking this question. No, really. A lot of people come up to me and they ask me. They say, 'What's 2+2'? And I tell them look, we know what 2+2 is. We've had almost eight years of the worst kind of math you can imagine. Oh my God, I can't believe it. Addition and subtraction of the 1s the 2s and the 3s. It's terrible. It's just terrible. Look, if you want to know what 2+2 is, do you want to know what 2+2 is? I'll tell you. First of all the number 2, by the way, I love the number 2. It's probably my favorite number, no it is my favorite number. You know what, it's probably more like the number two but with a lot of zeros behind it. A lot. If I'm being honest, I mean, if I'm being honest. I like a lot of zeros. Except for Marco Rubio, now he's a zero that I don't like. Though, I probably shouldn't say that. He's a nice guy but he's like, '10101000101,' on and on, like that. He's like a computer! You know what I mean? He's like a computer. I don't know. I mean, you know. So, we have all these numbers, and we can add them and subtract them and add them. TIMES them even. Did you know that? We can times them OR divide them, they don't tell you that, and I'll tell you, no one is better at the order of operations than me. You wouldn't believe it. So, we're gonna be the best on 2+2, believe me."

http://www.attn.com/stories/6407/george-takei-impersonates-donald-trump

His first most-used word was “I,” and his fourth favorite was “Trump.” The report found that eight of his top 13 words were monosyllabic, and the words that had two syllables were the words “very” and “China.”

overpowered
June 7th, 2016, 06:17 AM
http://media.boingboing.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/1291cbCOMIC-trumps-america.jpg

overpowered
June 7th, 2016, 07:05 AM
How an Outsider President Killed a Party

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/06/history-campaign-politics-zachary-taylor-killed-whigs-political-party-213935

Crazed_Insanity
June 7th, 2016, 09:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tji1g0WrPw

Honest politicians, journalistic integrity and us voters actually engaging fully? Sounds good to me.

Politician side... partially CHECKed! We have Bernie!

Journalistic side? Hmm... not so sure. They still prefer to report on Trump than Bernie. Even the lefty news ignores Bernie mostly...

As for us? Oh yeah, like I said I'm going to "engage" myself in this election for sure. Either Bernie or bust(with Trump).

No more status fucking quo!

Anyway, couldn't agree with this video more. Democracy as we know it... needs some fine retuning.

Tom Servo
June 7th, 2016, 01:31 PM
From @michaelianblack on Twitter:

Trump: "My comments were misconstrued. I should have added blacks to the people who cannot fairly judge me."

thesameguy
June 7th, 2016, 03:24 PM
Had to run to SF yesterday, saw various highways littered with billboards from this campaign:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/128092712

It was nice to see.

Crazed_Insanity
June 7th, 2016, 06:10 PM
Just voted for Bernie and prayed... The rest is in God's hand.

If my next ballot doesn't have Bernie's name on it, trump will get my vote. Is that what you want God?

overpowered
June 7th, 2016, 08:44 PM
It felt good to vote for someone for a reason other than them being the lesser of two evils, but it's looking very bad. 13% reporting, so it could theoretically change significantly but at the moment Hillary has over 62% of California.

Tom Servo
June 7th, 2016, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I'm surprised at how handily she's taking this so far. I'm a little sad...I didn't expect Bernie to win, but was hoping that a message would be sent that his policy ideas are ones that resonate with people more than the focus groups might indicate.

LHutton
June 8th, 2016, 12:49 AM
Well some of your voting machines are a little questionable. Hence the discrepancies with exit polls. Maybe democracy is just an illusion to pacify the masses.

novicius
June 8th, 2016, 04:08 AM
Yep. I'm a Bernie hardliner but I will vote for Shillary instead of Trump -- just like my corporate overlords want me to. :smh: :down:

(Hardest part is having to "celebrate" with Shillary-loving friends! :thppt: )

MR2 Fan
June 8th, 2016, 06:55 AM
Yep. I'm a Bernie hardliner but I will vote for Shillary instead of Trump -- just like my corporate overlords want me to. :smh: :down:

(Hardest part is having to "celebrate" with Shillary-loving friends! :thppt: )

But think of it this way...with this much campaign "insurgency" this year, imagine how it will be in 4 years or 8 years...IMO things are going to get more crazy than less, unless government actually does some real change (and unless congress gets a massive overhaul, very unlikely)

Edit: I think we'll 3 or 4 parties in the next big election cycle, or several independent runners...the era of 2 parties controlling everything may be ending.

Crazed_Insanity
June 8th, 2016, 07:30 AM
It is kinda odd to have preelection polls slowing dead heat... High registration and turnouts ... Yet all to Clinton's favor? Really? She's really that energizing?

overpowered
June 8th, 2016, 08:36 AM
Hillary dropped to 55.8%, but that's still a strong win.

She now has 54% of pledged delegates. She increased her lead in pledged delegates yesterday by 89 with almost all of that coming from California and New Jersey.

The only primary left is D.C., which has an astounding 20 delegates and 26 super delegates (WTF?).

Bernie needs 580 more delegates to win, which would mean having a whole lot of super delegates switch from Hillary to Bernie, which isn't happening. 80% have already declared for her.

In most states, Bernie seemed to beat pre-election polling, but in California, it was pretty close to correct.

overpowered
June 8th, 2016, 08:41 AM
Trump took 75.3% in California, with Kasich and Cruz taking most of the rest.

A San Diego Union Tribune editorial urged Republicans to write in Ronald Reagan. It will be weeks before they can count all the write-ins. I wonder if many did?

tigeraid
June 8th, 2016, 08:45 AM
Dan Carlin made that point a little while ago on his podcast--never mind this election, which (jesus fucking wept I hope) Hillary wins, since Bernie won't get the nomination.... What about the next election? That's the point where maybe, just MAAAAAAAAAYBE, the public will realize that the candidate they WANT to run literally is not picked by them, and that, as much as you may dislike Bernie OR Drumph, they both exposed bullshit 2-party politics. I'd lay good odds someone might finally become a viable 3rd-party candidate next time.

Crazed_Insanity
June 8th, 2016, 08:59 AM
I dunno, I can't believe the high voter registration and turnout is all due to the feminists coming out for Hillary.

Another personal note with regard to my voting experience... is that I only punched a single hole for Bernie and not voted for anything else. Partly because I haven't really done my research with all those other offices and partly because I took my 4yr old with me and didn't want to take too long...

When I turned in my ballot, they send it thru some sort of pre-check machine? Anyway, my ballot got rejected. Originally the volunteer there said I didn't make any selections... I said, what you talking about Willis? I voted for Bernie! Then he said, you need to make more selections. So I went back and hesitantly voted for a guy who was running unopposed... and another office with just a single democrat candidate...

Only then my ballot was accepted.

In retrospect, maybe my Bernie vote was just invisible.

Anyway, it's just very difficult for voters to engage in US politics.

Only chance for me to vote Hillary is to have Sanders as VP.

Otherwise, I'll engage with Trump! (I'll just not vote if Trump continues to refuse to show me his taxes!)

Crazed_Insanity
June 8th, 2016, 09:10 AM
I'd lay good odds someone might finally become a viable 3rd-party candidate next time.
3rd party candidates won't get the time of day with the 'established' media.

Trump has been a master who worked the system to his advantage. We can expect to see more bozos like him in the future exploiting the current system.

With regard to Bernie, he just slightly exposed the reaches of the 'establishment's' grip on the liberal side. I think it's now obvious Americans don't mind bad hair, but perhaps Sander's age and religious views held him back. He's already a pretty vibrant person at such old age, but if he were younger and a Christian... or at least some sort of God fearing person, he'll probably do better. (Anyway, I'm assuming the election's not rigged here..., but who knows... I totally wouldn't be surprised to later on learn that my vote wasn't counted.)

thesameguy
June 8th, 2016, 09:28 AM
I would bet money on the 2016 election changing future elections for the worse, not better. Trump exposed holes in the GOP that they will quickly plug and guard much more intensely. They were not expecting Trump to go as far as he did as quickly. Next time, they'll start the smear machine that much earlier. Cast doubt on his credibility, rig more systems to make it harder for the new guy, etc. They won't let an outsider do that much damage ever again. I think in '15 Hillary was sure she was a shoo in as there were no credible threats in the eight years prior. Bernie came out of left field and made a good run with almost no corporate connections. Unless there is serious money-in-Washington reform nobody is ever going to get further than he did. You can bet big business was quaking with every little victory he had. I suspect that many Americans - even if it's not most - asking for change put the fear in them. They'll work harder next time to ensure whoever gets the baton is less threatened. Hillary has everything to lose from changing how the system works, so best case nothing changes. Worst case, it gets worse for the outsider next time.

FaultyMario
June 8th, 2016, 09:34 AM
You mean the Republicans will hire DNC advisers to teach them how to run a party?

thesameguy
June 8th, 2016, 09:51 AM
:lol:

Crap thing is, I don't see a huge difference in how the parties are run. They're both shitty. The difference is that the DNC's more common-sense oriented platform makes their operation seem less shady and less anti-citizen than the GOP's us vs. them platform. When Hillary says "Look, I took all this money but it didn't hurt you" that might be defensible and nobody is upset when someone makes some innocent cash. When those assclowns say "Don't be a homosexual transgender underage minority but I totally fucked a homosexual transgender underage minority in my limo last night" it seems at least a little sketchy. I think they run their organizations about the same, it's just the surface of the DNC is more palatable than the surface of the GOP.

FaultyMario
June 8th, 2016, 09:55 AM
I meant in the "Yes, we allow outsiders to the party, it's just that we won't ever let them feel welcomed!".

Crazed_Insanity
June 8th, 2016, 10:05 AM
I don't think the difference is with how the party is run, but Sanders just has more sense and class than Trump.

Sense and class aren't something that'll produce ratings.

Anyway, probably in a few more years when the top .1% owns 99.9% of everything will Bernie Sanders' movement finally become unstoppable. We'll just have to let status quo work its magic...

thesameguy
June 8th, 2016, 10:19 AM
We'll either fix this democratically or eventually we'll fix it the French way.

MR2 Fan
June 8th, 2016, 11:06 AM

Crap thing is, I don't see a huge difference in how the parties are run. They're both shitty. The difference is that the DNC's more common-sense oriented platform makes their operation seem less shady and less anti-citizen than the GOP's us vs. them platform. When Hillary says "Look, I took all this money but it didn't hurt you" that might be defensible and nobody is upset when someone makes some innocent cash. When those assclowns say "Don't be a homosexual transgender underage minority but I totally fucked a homosexual transgender underage minority in my limo last night" it seems at least a little sketchy. I think they run their organizations about the same, it's just the surface of the DNC is more palatable than the surface of the GOP.

:up:

LHutton
June 9th, 2016, 01:35 AM
What about when Hillary says, "A bloody sectarian conflict in Syria would be good for Israel and its allies"? Or stealing from the Haiti relief fund?

It's a choice between someone who says bad things and presents as an unpolished turd and someone who does bad things but presents as a fairly well polished turd.

LHutton
June 9th, 2016, 01:40 AM
I would bet money on the 2016 election changing future elections for the worse, not better. Trump exposed holes in the GOP that they will quickly plug and guard much more intensely. They were not expecting Trump to go as far as he did as quickly. Next time, they'll start the smear machine that much earlier. Cast doubt on his credibility,
It's the smear campaign that worked to his advantage. People saw it as the establishment coming down on someone and the 'protect the underdog' mentality switch was flicked.

Also, see above, throwing dirt at an unpolished turd is a waste of time.

novicius
June 9th, 2016, 07:10 AM
The truly sad part is, a vote for Shillary is a vote for war. :smh:

21Kid
June 9th, 2016, 07:43 AM
But, a vote for Trump is a vote for the Apocalypse. :sadbanana:

novicius
June 9th, 2016, 07:55 AM
Yep, hence why I'm voting for The Shill

Still depressing.

tigeraid
June 9th, 2016, 08:07 AM
*sigh*... Not seeing the forest for the trees.

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/the-founder-of-canadians-for-donald-trump-explains-how-the-donald-would-make-canada-great-again

As Canadians watch the quadrennial shitshow that is the US presidential election play out, many are having a tough time wrapping their heads around the appeal of Donald Trump, a head of hair who has been caught lying to "pants on fire" proportions throughout his campaign, proposing both impractical and outright racist policies, and just generally acting like a clown.

While it's tempting to chalk the Republican candidate's popularity up to a brand of conservatism and staunch partisanship that wouldn't flourish here, that might not be entirely true.

Torontonian Jay White, 37, is part of a (small) subset of Canadians who are rabid Trump fans. White started the Facebook group Canadians For Donald Trump in February, as an outlet for himself and likeminded people who "felt too intimidated to voice their opinion publicly."

Trump has said he wants to build a wall across the US-Mexico border—how would you feel if he decided to do the same for Canada?

Our border is already very heavily patrolled by personnel and drones and a wall would add very little to this. But for the sake of argument I think you are asking me: Are others are right to be offended by his desires to build a wall at Mexico? To be honest I think the wall is more figurative, and more of a saying. What he really desires is the enforcement of immigration. It truly is shocking how easy it is for illegals to enter the USA.

I'm not sure why you think it's figurative. I saw him speak recently and he said, "We're going to build a wall, it's going to be a great wall." That's something he's said repeatedly.

I have no doubts that he will actually build a wall. But Donald is not an idiot and he knows that a wall doesn't keep people out. The wall is something for people to marvel at and it would act as a symbol of immigration reform. Much the way that people look at the Statue of Liberty and think of freedom.

Freude am Fahren
June 9th, 2016, 08:28 AM
Saw this on a facebook comments thread and thought it was pretty accurate

Fox is that guy who locks his doors when he sees a person of color, even in suburbia, but swears he isn't a racist, because he works with a black guy.

thesameguy
June 9th, 2016, 08:57 AM
*sigh*... Not seeing the forest for the trees.

What's interesting to me about this interview is that you could probably replace Trump with Bible or something. I positively hate it when people say "I know he said X but what he meant was Y." I feel like there is a certain group of people who have this amazing ability to take words in and mutate them into a more tasteful concept which they can then directly support. I understand figuratives and superlatives and metaphors, but when someone makes a simple, unambiguous statement I fundamentally lack the ability to imagine that statement to be anything more than what it appears on the surface. It's a very peculiar ability. I feel like it's a trait not unique to but common to hardcore religious conservatives. What TrumpJesus said was, but what he meant was." HOW THE FLYING FUCK DO YOU KNOW?

tigeraid
June 9th, 2016, 09:38 AM
Yup. Blind support because of a vague agreement in the overriding "theme" the guy brings to the table. While ignoring every single fucking important detail. Politics in a nutshell, usually.

21Kid
June 9th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Ohio Gov. John Kasich said Thursday he still isn't ready to endorse presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump. "Why would I feel compelled to support someone whose positions I kind of fundamentally disagree with? :clap:

Crazed_Insanity
June 9th, 2016, 09:53 AM
Think of it this way... If the choice is slow death and quick death, which would you prefer?

Of course if the choice for life(Bernie) is still possible, I'm sure we'd all pick that, but unfortunately current political system tend to just offer us choices between slow death (Hillary)or quick death(you know who).

I personally prefer quick death, but who knows, maybe slow death could buy us some time to turn things around?

It's also kinda sad that Bernie is now being painted as a sore loser...

Crazed_Insanity
June 9th, 2016, 10:05 AM
What's interesting to me about this interview is that you could probably replace Trump with Bible or something. I positively hate it when people say "I know he said X but what he meant was Y." I feel like there is a certain group of people who have this amazing ability to take words in and mutate them into a more tasteful concept which they can then directly support. I understand figuratives and superlatives and metaphors, but when someone makes a simple, unambiguous statement I fundamentally lack the ability to imagine that statement to be anything more than what it appears on the surface. It's a very peculiar ability. I feel like it's a trait not unique to but common to hardcore religious conservatives. What TrumpJesus said was, but what he meant was." HOW THE FLYING FUCK DO YOU KNOW?

You have to consider context.

With regard to bible, one has to consider what's the overall message from God. If a single verse goes contrary to that message, it cannot be taken as if that is indeed what God represent.

As for trump, the guy had set infinite # of pants on fire, even his supporters know not to take any of his words seriously... Except for the words they really like I guess....

I think that's his game plan. The shit that he said will resonate with your shitty part of you well... As for the rest of the outrageous shit that he said, you end up believing that he's just joking...

The guy is from NY and used to mingle with the Clintons. He's good at saying shit people want to hear. Maybe by general election, he'll be able to say shit that can make the politically correct liberal tight asses happy..., then again maybe not!

LHutton
June 9th, 2016, 10:41 AM
The truly sad part is, a vote for Shillary is a vote for war. :smh:
Well China do like building islands a little too much. And based on best guess they're going to collapse START I and II as well.

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M46a73b9050a3cf815c6b27f6a117e634o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

overpowered
June 9th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Breakdown of which precincts went to which candidate in San Diego. It's interesting to note that wealthy areas mostly went to Hillary. So did the gay region (Hillcrest) but that's also mostly a wealthy area. Military mostly went with Bernie. Hippies and young people with Bernie. UCSD, USD and SDSU to Bernie. More heavily hispanic areas split but more to Hillary than to Bernie.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/jun/09/california-primary-precinct-level-results/?Watchdog

overpowered
June 9th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Is This the Beginning of a Trump Fueled Exodus?

http://secondnexus.com/politics-and-economics/beginning-trump-fueled-exodus/

LHutton
June 9th, 2016, 12:14 PM
Vote for the Death and Taxes Party. Their mandate is at least honest.

overpowered
June 9th, 2016, 12:20 PM
Bernie's staying in until the convention. Apparently he wants to keep the conversation going about his platform objectives and maybe work more of them into the Democratic party platform. Maybe he'll pick up a few more super delegates. It won't be close to enough to win, but it might at least have an affect on the party platform.

Tom Servo
June 9th, 2016, 01:07 PM
I know you can't actually blame Trump for this, but it's too entertaining not to share. Especially with the revelation about Wolf Blitzer.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/david-duke-trump-judge-224121

LHutton
June 9th, 2016, 01:13 PM
'Grand Wizard' - that makes me chuckle.

overpowered
June 9th, 2016, 11:33 PM
Never forget that Trump wants to bang his daughter:

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/287919/donald-trump-ivanka-daddys-little-girl/

21Kid
June 10th, 2016, 07:29 AM
I'm getting really sick of no one taking him to task for the utter lies he spouts. Is there no credibility left anymore?!? Do people just expect politicans to lie and except it? :mad:

Donald Trump said, 'Crime is rising.' It's not (and hasn't been for decades) (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jun/09/donald-trump/donald-trump-said-crime-rising-its-not-and-hasnt-b/)

novicius
June 10th, 2016, 08:06 AM
Trump always talks broadly about statistics. Even his "Pants on Fire" statements can fit the stats if you limit & warp them enough. :down:

FaultyMario
June 10th, 2016, 08:08 AM
I assume there'll be no indiction for Hilliarry in the near future...

LHutton
June 10th, 2016, 08:11 AM
I'm getting really sick of no one taking him to task for the utter lies he spouts. Is there no credibility left anymore?!? Do people just expect politicans to lie and except it? :mad:
Yes.

I assume there'll be no indiction for Hilliarry in the near future...
I'm expecting it to come between end of primaries and presidential, which is why I wouldn't have selected her.

overpowered
June 10th, 2016, 08:32 AM
I assume there'll be no indiction for Hilliarry in the near future...I think that the word you were looking for was indictment.

Indiction is an old word that isn't really used anymore except by historians discussing them. My browser flags it as a misspelling but it isn't. It's just a word that's so rarely used that it wasn't included in the spell checker.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiction

I have no idea what the feds are going to do on that front. Of course, what about fraud charges for Trump?

It would be interesting to go into an election with both major candidates facing criminal charges at the same time.

LHutton
June 10th, 2016, 08:39 AM
I have no idea what the feds are going to do on that front. Of course, what about fraud charges for Trump?
It says a great deal about the corruption of democracy when it comes down to a choice between two criminals.:lol:

21Kid
June 10th, 2016, 08:47 AM
Thanks Obama!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymGENUjIdIg

Orange is Not the New Black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziwYbVx_-qg

21Kid
June 10th, 2016, 09:29 AM
What?!? :lol: LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdkznU2IvfU

Crazed_Insanity
June 10th, 2016, 09:42 AM
Wonder how real is this... Hope it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibK4de85IKw

Crazed_Insanity
June 10th, 2016, 09:51 AM
What?!? :lol: LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdkznU2IvfU

Okay, I didn't realize I was also conditioned to just believe there are only 2 parties in America... that I HAVE to pick one or the OTHER!

Since anti-establishment is what I'm going for, I guess if the Bernie isn't a choice for me, then I'll be voting for Gary Johnson! :up:

FaultyMario
June 10th, 2016, 10:56 AM
I think that the word you were looking for was indictment.

I knew it didn't sound right.

overpowered
June 10th, 2016, 11:12 AM
End of the British monarchy?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/british-republican-group-calls-for-referendum-on-monarchy-when-queen-dies-a6993216.html

LHutton
June 10th, 2016, 11:17 AM
Let them have a referendum, it would be at least 75:25 in favour of keeping it and frankly I don't think it would be possible to get rid of them anyway. Then you look at the ever declining standard of elected politicians and the Monarchy seems pretty brilliant. Besides, it's HMG - Her Majesty's Government - she's only letting these arseholes run the country.

overpowered
June 10th, 2016, 06:44 PM
Elizabeth Warren rips Trump a new one and throws in some extra for the GOP while she's at it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVyfuR0n3sM

overpowered
June 10th, 2016, 07:01 PM
Joe Biden went on later and nailed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhoQeS3haFE

overpowered
June 10th, 2016, 10:57 PM
Democrats Will Learn All the Wrong Lessons From Brush With Bernie

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/democrats-will-learn-all-the-wrong-lessons-from-brush-with-bernie-20160609

LHutton
June 11th, 2016, 04:31 AM
https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/06/10/uh-oh-newly-released-email-was-marked-classified-when-it-hit-clintons-server/

Hillary Clinton has claimed from the very beginning of the email scandal that nothing she sent or received was marked classified at the time. As recently as Wednesday of this week, she told Fox News' Bret Baier, "nothing that I sent or received was marked classified. And nothing has been demonstrated to contradict that. So it is the fact. It was the fact when I first said it. It is the fact that I’m saying it now."

Unfortunately for Hillary, the State Department today released an email from 2012 that totally contradicts her "fact."

FaultyMario
June 11th, 2016, 06:56 AM
Can we start campaigning for Michelle 2020? She's going to be this century's Lincoln after Trump's world war.

LHutton
June 11th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Madoff 2020.

LHutton
June 11th, 2016, 08:35 AM
Sorry but I'm gonna go there again.

Muslims Spit On Dutch Female Reporter During Live Broadcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBFTIV_NqgU

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/images/Ramadan-Bombathon-2016.jpg

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/terrorists-likely-stockpiling-explosives-in-europe-says-eu-security-official-a7047256.html

Terrorists likely 'stockpiling explosives in Europe', says EU security official
The EU’s police agency, Europol, said it had foiled 211 terror plots in the last year

Terrorist cells in the EU are probably stockpiling explosives for future attacks, a senior Europol security official has said.

“We have some information reported by the member states that terrorists groups are trying to establish large clandestine stockpiles of explosives in the European Union to be used eventually in large scale home attacks.”

More than 4,000 so-called foreign fighters have been identified in the EU and entered into a Europol database.

Crazed_Insanity
June 11th, 2016, 11:05 AM
Democrats Will Learn All the Wrong Lessons From Brush With Bernie

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/democrats-will-learn-all-the-wrong-lessons-from-brush-with-bernie-20160609

Interesting read. However, Unless there's really election fraud, otherwise I believe the main culprit should still be the dumb fear driven voters.

Without us dumb voters, the dumb game can't be played.

LHutton
June 11th, 2016, 11:59 PM
I wonder if they just just banned all media coverage of elections, except for basic result reporting and just had a website and leaflets with a list of policies for each party, would that make voters smarter.

Oh and no more electronic voting.

LHutton
June 12th, 2016, 12:54 AM
LOL, can't help themselves.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/10/refugees-angry-over-ramadan-meals-set-fire-to-germ/

Refugees angry over Ramadan meals set fire to German shelter, police say

Oh, it just never stops.

http://nypost.com/2016/06/12/multiple-injuries-reported-after-florida-nightclub-shooting-cops/

ORLANDO, Fla. — A gunman with possible “leanings toward radical Islamic terrorism” took hostages and opened fire inside a crowded gay nightclub in Florida early Sunday, killing approximately 20 people and wounding 42 others before dying in a gunfight with SWAT officers, officials said Sunday.

overpowered
June 12th, 2016, 11:12 AM
Not going to click "view post". I'm sure I already know what he said.

Apparently the shooter's father is saying that his son was upset about seeing 2 men kissing in Miami. The father claims it has nothing to do with religion. According to him it's anti-gay hate and not radical Islam. Of course, parents don't always know what their 29 year old offspring are doing so he could be wrong. Best to wait until after the investigation before drawing conclusions.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/06/12/orlando-nightclub-shooter-what-we-know/85791172/

It should also be noted that the shooter was a security guard, licensed to carry firearms.

MR2 Fan
June 12th, 2016, 11:27 AM
so on top of the mass shooting, found out from people's tweets that it's illegal to donate blood if you're gay? what's up with that?

Drachen596
June 12th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Its an old ruling dating to the 70s when the AIDs thing was just starting.

it was lifted recently though i thought.

Edit - it was changed to being allowed if they hadn't slept with another man in the last 12 months in 2015 by the FDA.

LHutton
June 13th, 2016, 02:04 AM
Not going to click "view post". I'm sure I already know what he said.

Apparently the shooter's father is saying that his son was upset about seeing 2 men kissing in Miami. The father claims it has nothing to do with religion. According to him it's anti-gay hate and not radical Islam. Of course, parents don't always know what their 29 year old offspring are doing so he could be wrong. Best to wait until after the investigation before drawing conclusions.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/06/12/orlando-nightclub-shooter-what-we-know/85791172/

It should also be noted that the shooter was a security guard, licensed to carry firearms.
He'd been interviewed for connections with IS twice and then there's also this:

http://gtxforums.net/showthread.php?1254-Gun-control&p=74392&viewfull=1#post74392

Radical Islam is the most extreme form of homophobia. In Islamic countries, killing gays is known as the judicial process.

LHutton
June 13th, 2016, 05:41 AM
Rationalise this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vev-OzHQy94

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/yeni-akit-orlando-mass-shooting_uk_575e5dc1e4b041514369e4b1

Turkish Newspaper Yeni Akit Calls Orlando Shooting Victims ‘Perverts’

A Turkish newspaper has called the victims of the Orlando shooting “perverts” and “deviants”.

Yeni Akit which has ties with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, broke the story with the headline: “Death toll rises to 50 in bar where perverted homosexuals go!”

The exclamation mark has prompted some to claim the paper was actually celebrating the attack which killed 50 people in a gay bar in Florida.

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/ad_209531782.jpg

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13404032_1185176611513813_5184753407865374930_o.jp g

Tom Servo
June 13th, 2016, 06:12 AM
Donald Trump suggests President Obama was involved with Orlando shooting (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/06/13/donald-trump-suggests-president-obama-was-involved-with-orlando-shooting/)

What an asshole.

21Kid
June 13th, 2016, 09:54 AM
:smh: I don't think I can follow this thread any more. :(

Kchrpm
June 13th, 2016, 10:56 AM
There was a speaker at an event my father was honored at yesterday, and his passion is fighting the growing social divide in Dayton. Part of the struggle is that children growing up in poverty are behind even before kindergarten: their parent(s) are often working multiple jobs to make ends meet, so they have less interaction with them (and are witness to much higher stress levels). Because they spend less time with their parents and speaking with their parents, they know fewer words: on average, kids coming from high poverty neighborhoods know 2 words for every 7 of children from other neighborhoods. There was a lot more to his speech, but that stood out to me.

Crazed_Insanity
June 13th, 2016, 11:04 AM
Parents definitely are making important contributions to a developing child's mind.

Poor folks are at a disadvantage starting from birth.

Crazed_Insanity
June 13th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Donald Trump suggests President Obama was involved with Orlando shooting (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/06/13/donald-trump-suggests-president-obama-was-involved-with-orlando-shooting/)

What an asshole.

Sensational speaker along with sensational news story telling...

Resulting in a more polarizing and hateful society.

Just wonderful.

overpowered
June 13th, 2016, 11:11 AM
Orlando shooter's father hosts a California based Afghan satellite show with a Pashtun pro-Taliban slant. He claims that humans shouldn't be the ones dealing with gays -- god should do that. Yep, he's a wacko and no doubt passed his hateful wackiness on to his son.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/orlando-shooting-omar-mateen-father-seddique-mateen-taliban-god-punish-gays/

Crazed_Insanity
June 13th, 2016, 01:05 PM
Enough blames already. The father at least didn't do the crime.

You guys also mostly had Christian upbringings.

What happened to the stuffs supposedly passed down to you guys?

overpowered
June 13th, 2016, 01:24 PM
As mail-in ballots get counted, Hillary's lead in California is dwindling, but it still won't be enough for Bernie to win California, much less the nomination. She's also lost some super-delegates in California. It still won't be enough. :(

http://www.inquisitr.com/3193693/california-counts-millions-of-provisional-and-mail-in-ballots-counties-flip-for-bernie-and-nine-more-superdelegates-drop-clinton/

Tom Servo
June 13th, 2016, 02:18 PM
I had an atheist upbringing. My parents taught me to love everyone equally, that everyone is a person with feelings and drives and ambitions, and that the golden rule is the most important one there is.

I like to think a lot of what they taught me stuck. They seem to be reasonably happy with how I turned out, so I figure I can't have done too bad.

Tom Servo
June 13th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Well, rather than Trump confirming that he was not, in fact, insinuating that Obama was in some way related to the shooting, he's chosen to revoke the Washington Post's press credentials instead. (https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/posts/10157164117925725)

FaultyMario
June 13th, 2016, 02:54 PM
There was a speaker at an event my father was honored at yesterday, and his passion is fighting the growing social divide in Dayton. Part of the struggle is that children growing up in poverty are behind even before kindergarten: their parent(s) are often working multiple jobs to make ends meet, so they have less interaction with them (and are witness to much higher stress levels). Because they spend less time with their parents and speaking with their parents, they know fewer words: on average, kids coming from high poverty neighborhoods know 2 words for every 7 of children from other neighborhoods. There was a lot more to his speech, but that stood out to me.

That's why third wave socialism makes sense. It redistributes wealth to a basic level of state services (education, healthcare, recreation) that is pushed upwards for the lower deciles and the better income brackets can opt in to better paid services without damaging the basic common services.

LHutton
June 14th, 2016, 12:46 AM
Well that didn't take long.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/14/world/europe/france-stabbing-police-officer-magnanville.html?_r=0

PARIS — A police captain was fatally stabbed and his companion was also killed at their home in a small town northwest of Paris on Monday evening, and within hours the Islamic State claimed responsibility for the murders.

The police captain, who was not otherwise identified, was outside his home in Magnanville when he was stabbed by an unidentified assailant, who appeared to have then entered the house and took the captain’s companion and 3-year-old son hostage, according to a statement on the website of the French Interior Ministry and a statement from President François Hollande.

LHutton
June 14th, 2016, 07:32 AM
Oh Lordy.

https://www.rt.com/usa/346534-wikileaks-clinton-assange-fbi/

Wikileaks will publish ‘enough evidence’ to indict Hillary Clinton, warns Assange

thesameguy
June 14th, 2016, 08:43 AM
Bring it.

overpowered
June 14th, 2016, 09:38 AM
Lord of the Lies

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/10/opinion/lord-of-the-lies.html

overpowered
June 14th, 2016, 09:39 AM
Donald Trump: Americans Who Don’t Report Their Suspicious Neighbors Should Be ‘Brought To Justice’

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-orlando-san-bernardino_us_575f1802e4b0e4fe51435eb2

Does it feel like Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia yet?

thesameguy
June 14th, 2016, 09:43 AM
Who lives next door to Trump? He seems pretty suspicious.

21Kid
June 14th, 2016, 09:54 AM
Lord of the Lies

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/10/opinion/lord-of-the-lies.html

I don't understand why that's an opinion? He lies 86% of the time (http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/).

Freude am Fahren
June 14th, 2016, 10:16 AM
Presidential candidates should have to be sworn in under oath for their candidacies. Hold these assholes accountable.

overpowered
June 14th, 2016, 11:37 AM
What are the steps of a neo-fascist who seeks to take over a democracy?

1. Use the tragic slaughter of innocent civilians to cast blame on an entire religion (Trump on the Orlando killings).

2. Use hatred of minorities and "outsiders" to build his power base, taking over a major political party (Trump every chance he gets).

3. Intimidate and harass opponents, encourage followers to do the same, and excuse violence against them (Trump every chance he gets).

4. Revoke the press credentials of newspapers and media that write truthful stories about what he’s been up to (See story below).Donald Trump Revokes Washington Post’s Press Credentials

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/06/13/donald-trump-revokes-washington-post-press-credentials/

Freude am Fahren
June 14th, 2016, 12:27 PM
Anderson Cooper goes after Pam Bondi's anti-gay history live on CNN and doesn't back down.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/06/14/anderson-cooper-jus-absolutely-grilled-floridas-gop-attorney-general-over-lgbt-rights/?tid=sm_fb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XsIGCxT3Po

thesameguy
June 14th, 2016, 01:26 PM
Ooof. That is painful to watch. I almost feel bad for her.

Clasped hands in rainbow colors. Poetry.

Crazed_Insanity
June 14th, 2016, 02:10 PM
Don't really know who's Pam Bondi or her history, but Anderson sure picked an appropriate time to pick a fight.

"You had national dog month, nations cat month tweets, but where are your national gay pride month tweets? Why are you acting as if you're so helpful to the LGBT community?"

Well, would you rather her not help the victims' family and friends and celebrate the death of victims like that CA pastor?

Even if Anderson were actually interviewing that vile pastor helping out the gay victims at Orlando, must you report your story in this kind of light on the hypocritical pastor who's hateful of gays, but helping them at the same time?

It's already bad enough that we have hateful people around, but this kind of "news" reporting can only increase hatred of the other side further.

Especially after seeing how CNN treats Bernie Sanders, I think I'm ready to put CNN and FOX in the same category. In the business to say shit that their viewers like to hear.

thesameguy
June 14th, 2016, 02:26 PM
Especially after seeing how CNN treats Bernie Sanders, I think I'm ready to put CNN and FOX in the same category. In the business to say shit that their viewers like to hear.

Yeah, they're both worthless. CNN lost credibility years and years ago.

Tom Servo
June 14th, 2016, 02:33 PM
Man, I feel like you'd be all upset if David Frost was grilling Richard Nixon right now.

thesameguy
June 14th, 2016, 02:46 PM
...?

thesameguy
June 14th, 2016, 03:36 PM
http://40.media.tumblr.com/850311b83318356ac749e35f517b709d/tumblr_inline_nndrp0lN5C1t9gtvs_500.png

Crazed_Insanity
June 14th, 2016, 04:26 PM
Man, I feel like you'd be all upset if David Frost was grilling Richard Nixon right now.

Grilling in itself isn't the issue, when caught with wrongdoing, it's good to give'em a good grill, but like I said, timing just seems off.

If you want to expose some fraud, expose it. Don't take advantage of a sad situation to prove your point.

Okay, so that lady is an asshole in disguise. A helpful asshole. Live from CNN. This is Anderson Cooper.

Tom Servo
June 14th, 2016, 07:36 PM
...?

Sorry, that was meant for insanity and his latest thing where any confrontational reporter is sensationalist. Inferring that he would rather reporters just be mouthpieces for politicians out of fear of angering someone.

thesameguy
June 14th, 2016, 07:55 PM
Ah, got it.

And I get the point, but I think there is also value in encouraging people when they make the right choice (even if it's not willingly) rather than remind them of the bad choices they've made in the past. "I see you've come around in your thinking and are doing your best to support human beings in need" is a lot more positive (and far less sensationalistic) than "You sure have made a lot a shitty calls in the past." In either case, both are wholly in appropriate for a news organization under anything other than editorial, but at least one accentuate and hopefully encourages the positive rather than dwelling on past negatives. I'd sure rather see more of the former than opportunistic examples of the latter.

Tom Servo
June 14th, 2016, 08:30 PM
I disagree. I think part of the job of the press is to hold politician's feet to the fire. Claim to support something when you've shown every sign in the past that you don't? Prove it.

In fact, I think she did, to a point. Her job was to uphold the constitution, not to put her own personal feelings behind it, and I feel like she made that clear.

Crazed_Insanity
June 14th, 2016, 08:58 PM
Reporter should report the truth, but timing of such delivery is important too.

Freude am Fahren
June 14th, 2016, 09:31 PM
When would be a more appropriate time to point out discrimination against gays than when they are front and center in the news for being attacked?

thesameguy
June 14th, 2016, 10:02 PM
"Holding feet to the fire" sounds like an agenda to me. If you're Oprah or whoever the fuck is on daytime TV then I guess that's fine, but I come from a time (no, I don't) when news was impartial and the point of the news was to tell people what happened and let them figure out how the feel. Not confront public figures about anything for any reason. I'll buy into a little "this happened before and the opposite is happening now" when it's factual, but I don't like "news" being outraged or indigant for me. Confrontation and foot-holding is what they do on reality TV to bring the audience in and entrap them with other peoples' drama. I want my news as far away from that emotional sinkhole as possible. If news must resort to emotional snares to keep interest, then maybe let's try some positive reinforcement instead of destructive criticism. That's my $0.02, ymmv.

Jason
June 15th, 2016, 02:28 AM
When would be a more appropriate time to point out discrimination against gays than when they are front and center in the news for being attacked?

Bingo.

This happens with every major 'tragedy'. We aren't allowed to discuss policy after the event for a certain amount of time, due to 'grieving'. Then when enough time has passed, people just simply ignore it.

LHutton
June 15th, 2016, 05:42 AM
Wow, Donald Trump got stupider as he got older. (Yes, I noted the source.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgARRvbTF_s

21Kid
June 15th, 2016, 06:57 AM
Ah, got it.

And I get the point, but I think there is also value in encouraging people when they make the right choice (even if it's not willingly) rather than remind them of the bad choices they've made in the past. "I see you've come around in your thinking and are doing your best to support human beings in need" is a lot more positive (and far less sensationalistic) than "You sure have made a lot a shitty calls in the past." In either case, both are wholly in appropriate for a news organization under anything other than editorial, but at least one accentuate and hopefully encourages the positive rather than dwelling on past negatives. I'd sure rather see more of the former than opportunistic examples of the latter.
I disagree. I think part of the job of the press is to hold politician's feet to the fire. Claim to support something when you've shown every sign in the past that you don't? Prove it.

In fact, I think she did, to a point. Her job was to uphold the constitution, not to put her own personal feelings behind it, and I feel like she made that clear.
Also, to further Tom's point... These are the people that will be 'making the call" as president. We should hear about all the shitty calls they've made, and how they were wrong in the past, so we know how they will react when they are in the big chair.
I'd prefer to hear how someone has made the calls in the past, rather than how they feel about their bad decisions now. Because they will be the ones making the future decisions. And we need to be aware of how good they are at making tough decisions, good or bad.

Kchrpm
June 15th, 2016, 07:03 AM
Read the article but can't watch the video, sounds to me like what he did was perfect. She has not supported the LGBT community until there is a major moment where every political/public figure wants to come out in support. Make her admit that she's being a hypocrite and choose sides. Then, when the discussion of same-sex marriage comes up, will she think differently before claiming that it will do harm to the community? Will she realize that she is being held accountable for all the things she says, that the public is not just bouncing from soundbite to soundbite with no permanence of thought?

If you want to say you support the LGBT community, then support them, don't just say it because it is politically prudent for you to do so.

Tom Servo
June 15th, 2016, 07:20 AM
I certainly didn't see it as confrontational as, say, a Bill O'Reilly or AM radio talk show kinda thing, but maybe that's just me.

Crazed_Insanity
June 15th, 2016, 08:36 AM
Chick fillet, the anti gay marriage fast food chain, also all of a sudden pretend to champion gays by opening on Sundays to support their community in need. What pretentious assholes these conservative Christians are...

Anyway, if this is the way you guys like your 'news', who am I to judge.

Thanks Fox and CNN, for turning American brothers and sisters against each other every fucking opportunity they see. Sigh...

Freude am Fahren
June 15th, 2016, 09:12 AM
Yes, asshole can do nice things. That doesn't automatically make the not assholes.

The359
June 15th, 2016, 09:20 AM
I'm confused on how being open for business selling chicken is "helping the community". Maybe if they donated all their proceeds from that day to charity, I could see it, but just opening your fast food business does what exactly?

Freude am Fahren
June 15th, 2016, 09:22 AM
I think they did donate a bunch of food to blood donors and volunteers, not just opened for business.

Crazed_Insanity
June 15th, 2016, 09:50 AM
See how much of an asshole those Chick filet people are?

They should just stay closed and on the sideline and cheered with that CA pastor?

You guys are amazing. Just as the crazy Fox supporting assholes.

If this continues, America is doomed.

I also hope everyone realizes that we all have assholes.

Our culture now is that we take selfies of our gorgeous faces and then focuses in on the assholes of our neighbors. What a wonderful stinking world we live in...

Kchrpm
June 15th, 2016, 10:06 AM
You're missing the point.

The point of pointing out hypocrisy isn't to say "I'm better than you."

The point is to try and end the hypocrisy. The point is for Pam Bondi and Chick-fil-A to come to the next fork in the road, where they can choose between supporting the LGBT community or being against it, and deciding to continue supporting it.

If you catch your child lying to you and call them out on it, you're not doing it so that you can justify calling them a bad person. You call them on it so that they know there are consequences to lying, that they need to be truthful and honest, for their sake and the sake of others.

You're teaching people humility and respect for others, that you can't just do whatever you want in the moment and assume no one will notice.

Tom Servo
June 15th, 2016, 10:20 AM
They should just stay closed and on the sideline and cheered with that CA pastor?

This sort of thing is the *exact* thing you're accusing everyone else of. Demanding that it's either wonderful or horrible. Why does it have to be one or the other? I'm appreciative of the fact that they are trying to help, but questioning their motivation considering their past history does not a) negate that they are doing something nice and b) does not mean that the only other option is to be like that asshole in Sacramento.

Crazed_Insanity
June 15th, 2016, 10:28 AM
This sort of thing is the *exact* thing you're accusing everyone else of. Demanding that it's either wonderful or horrible. Why does it have to be one or the other? I'm appreciative of the fact that they are trying to help, but questioning their motivation considering their past history does not a) negate that they are doing something nice and b) does not mean that the only other option is to be like that asshole in Sacramento.

Anderson's report was mostly about her past, rather that the good that she did. He was focusing emphasizing mostly on her past than the here and now... was Anderson showing any appreciation? I sure didn't see it. Yes, perhaps it's all truth, but is this really what the country needs right now?

I think most of you guys are blinded by your own political/religious convictions.

Supporting gay marriage and supporting a brother in need are 2 separate issues.

My personal interpretation of God's words is that love can cover up all sins. If gay couple are really loving one another that deeply, love surely can also cover up the supposedly evil homosexuality... To me, gay marriage is for sure better than no gay marriage.

However, as far as I know, mainstream Christianity still doesn't agree with gay marriage. Just because gay marriage is legalized, obviously that doesn't mean a lot of churches/pastors will all of a sudden switch bandwagons. People will continue to stick with their own biblical interpretations... or perhaps just continue to latch on to their own inner hatred.

However, even with the mainstream Christianity not on board with gay marriage, it doesn't mean they should cheer during such tragic event. As Christians we should still help out as much as we can, regardless of the beliefs of the victims. Jesus even called for us to help out ISIS members if possible.

We are all sinners... God still loves all of us and wants us to love one another. A Christian can disagree with gay marriage, but still help a homosexual in need and that alone doesn't make him a hypocrite.

Disagreeing with gay marriage also shouldn't automatically make somebody an asshole.

We all shouldn't have to celebrate gay pride or otherwise be branded as a hateful bigot.

I can certainly see how in the past Christians have done gays wrong, but the trend is now reversed. Maybe you guys now think this is the right way to get even... yeah, maybe Christians now deserve it for the sins of their past...

My point is, we now have this 'event' that happened that's bigger than the differences we have. This shouldn't be the time to be divisive.

To me, the true asshole is that CA pastor. That was really unbelievably outrageous. Perhaps that triggered the subsequent reaction for all the anti-Christian folks. Whatever a Christian(organization) is doing, none is really appreciated anymore...

I can understand how people can feel this way, but when a new organization does it and fuel more fire, I thought that's a bit destructive.

Anyway, if you guys like it, who am I to say anything I guess.

I'm done with this discussion.

Freude am Fahren
June 15th, 2016, 10:55 AM
I think most of you guys are blinded by your own political/religious convictions.
:lol: That's rich.

Supporting gay marriage and supporting a brother in need are 2 separate issues.
Are they? Is a gay man denied his civil liberties not a brother in need?

Disagreeing with gay marriage also shouldn't automatically make somebody an asshole.
Yes it should.

We all shouldn't have to celebrate gay pride or otherwise be branded as a hateful bigot.
Nobody said that. But if you have a past of discrimination, and you celebrate every other convoluted "national x-month", yeah you should.

I can certainly see how in the past Christians have done gays wrong, but the trend is now reversed. Maybe you guys now think this is the right way to get even... yeah, maybe Christians now deserve it for the sins of their past...
Oh here we go again with the Christians are the real victims bullshit. Calling out people for being bigoted is not the same as being bigoted. Who sounds like Fox News now?

21Kid
June 15th, 2016, 10:55 AM
You're missing the point.

The point of pointing out hypocrisy isn't to say "I'm better than you."

The point is to try and end the hypocrisy. The point is for Pam Bondi and Chick-fil-A to come to the next fork in the road, where they can choose between supporting the LGBT community or being against it, and deciding to continue supporting it.

If you catch your child lying to you and call them out on it, you're not doing it so that you can justify calling them a bad person. You call them on it so that they know there are consequences to lying, that they need to be truthful and honest, for their sake and the sake of others.

You're teaching people humility and respect for others, that you can't just do whatever you want in the moment and assume no one will notice.
Good post...

Unfortunately, no one cares if you lie in politics (see trump).

thesameguy
June 15th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Make her admit that she's being a hypocrite and choose sides. Then, when the discussion of same-sex marriage comes up, will she think differently before claiming that it will do harm to the community? Will she realize that she is being held accountable for all the things she says, that the public is not just bouncing from soundbite to soundbite with no permanence of thought?

i like this very much, but I don't think it's realistic, and maybe that's my major hangup with it. I would appreciate the activity more if it meant or accomplished something, but it doesn't. I will guaran-damn-tee bitchface did not walk away from the interview thinking, "Gosh, I got schooled" but rather "I stayed on point and handled myself." She doesn't feel like Cooper got the better of her, she won't do different next time. This is just opportunism and publicity work by CNN, neither news reporting nor changing the ways of politicians. I would bet money that CNN wasn't thinking "I sure hope she changes her ways" but rather "This is going to make a great clip." Maybe I'm overly cynical, but I truly believe the "wait for you to fuck up and then pounce" sale is far easier and currently far more desirable than the "you've done the right thing here, and we'd like to call attention to it" sale. It's been shown over and over again that the content of the message is far less important than the headline - seeing "Anderson Cooper" and "Blondie McFuckfce" in the headline is what consumers walk away with, not what actually transpired. Her being in the news is a win. Maybe we should try keeping people out of the news - publicly invisible - untli they do some good. I don't think Trump would enjoy the name recognition he does if his only media coverage was from saving kittens and setting up orphanages. He's a dick, always has been a dick, and everyone knows he's a dick but that doesn't stop "Trump" from being a household name.

I certainly didn't see it as confrontational as, say, a Bill O'Reilly or AM radio talk show kinda thing, but maybe that's just me.

Totally agree. Well, I think I do. I never listen to either. But I have opinions about both of those things that prevent me from classifying either as "news" in the first place, so I don't hold them to the same standards as I want to hold CNN. But, I think to same degree this comment supports my concept - CNN is trying to position itself as a Fox News or morning AM radio - infotainment, not news. IMHO, "confront people on their fuckups" is what the former does, not the latter. I don't like all the modern confusion with "editorial" and "news."

Yes, asshole can do nice things. That doesn't automatically make the not assholes.

I think you will agree, we'd all be in really bad shape without assholes.

Crazed_Insanity
June 15th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Anyway, like I said, not going to talk about it anymore. You guys have your own political/anti-religion convictions. I can respect that.

I just find it sad that more and more mainstream media are turning into Fox...

I can't trust the right... and I can't trust the left.

This is why Bernie to me is such a breath of fresh air.

He is an atheist, but I don't sense that he's the kind of atheist who has a chip on his shoulder ready to rip on religious issues whenever chance he gets. He's an extremist too obviously, passionately fighting for social causes that matters to all people.

CNN buries Bernie during the primaries campaign should be pretty obvious that it's not really a news organization that's FOR the people.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that CNN and Fox are working together hand in hand to make sure that the voters are pissed at each other so that they won't realize the establishment is fucking them over behind the scene. Yeah, whenever nothing gets done, we can always blame the 'other side'. Corporate friendly shit OTHO always gets done whether if we have republicans or democrats in office.

overpowered
June 15th, 2016, 05:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kygQLLhos5k

overpowered
June 15th, 2016, 06:58 PM
Trump the tax dodger.

http://us.blastingnews.com/news/2016/06/donald-trump-tax-returns-leaked-details-show-zero-income-declared-no-taxes-paid-00969017.html

thesameguy
June 15th, 2016, 07:37 PM
two years of tax returns for Donald Trump, 1978 and 1978

what the actual fuck.

overpowered
June 15th, 2016, 07:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hDqFJJDHhk

Crazed_Insanity
June 15th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Trump the tax dodger.

http://us.blastingnews.com/news/2016/06/donald-trump-tax-returns-leaked-details-show-zero-income-declared-no-taxes-paid-00969017.html

Anyway, something does smell very fishy here...

My earlier thinking was trapped in a faulty false dichotomy... thinking that if Bernie's not on the democratic ticket, Trump would be my only choice to go anti-establishment...

But thanks to Samantha Bee for opening my eyes.

I think I'll just vote for Gary Johnson if the best DNC can do is Hillary.

Crazed_Insanity
June 16th, 2016, 09:27 AM
Anyway, besides our internal left and right bickering... see the same strategy being used by the 'establishment' to turn Americans and Arab people into mortal enemies. And see what's the recommended fix by a former undercover CIA operative.
Hatred and fear are not the solutions...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WEd34oW9BI

Freude am Fahren
June 16th, 2016, 09:56 AM
http://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AAh6AUL.img?h=470&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Anonymous hacks ISIS' twitter (http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/anonymous-hacks-isis%E2%80%99-twitter-makes-it-as-fabulously-gay-as-humanly-possible/ar-AAh6u9Y?ocid=spartandhp)

Tom Servo
June 16th, 2016, 09:59 AM
That's just lazy. They really could have made that sword into a giant dildo on the flag.

novicius
June 16th, 2016, 10:25 AM
*zing!* :lol:

Tom Servo
June 16th, 2016, 10:50 AM
Was just reading Rick Wilson's tweetstorm about Trump from Wed. night. His nickname for Trump is one that I will now use as well. "Cheeto Jesus".

Crazed_Insanity
June 16th, 2016, 10:56 AM
Cheetos should be enough, I don't see why Jesus' name should be pinned on him at all.

The guys is orange and fast like cheetah! None in the GOP can catch him! Is Trump really a faithful follower of Christ? Gimme a break.

Tom Servo
June 16th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Because he thinks he is Jesus.

Crazed_Insanity
June 16th, 2016, 10:59 AM
Has he actually said such a thing? That should be enough to turn most Christians off...

21Kid
June 16th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Seth Meyers bans Donald Trump from show in solidarity with Washington Post (http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/15/media/seth-meyers-bans-donald-trump/index.html)

Meyers banned the presidential candidate from his show on Tuesday night in solidarity with the Washington Post. Trump revoked the newspaper's press access at his campaign events earlier this week.
"We here at 'Late Night' believe in freedom of the press so therefore have decided to stand in solidarity with them," Meyers said

21Kid
June 16th, 2016, 12:42 PM
These people must be bi-polar. :erm:

McCain: Obama 'directly responsible' for Orlando shooting

Tom Servo
June 16th, 2016, 12:52 PM
Has he actually said such a thing? That should be enough to turn most Christians off...

http://i.imgur.com/9nohQh4.jpg

I can't take it anymore. I can't take Commander "all things are black and white, except when I don't like it, then it's all about the shades of grey." I can't take the "Oh, you'd rather Chic-Fil-A hang out cheering on their deaths with that Sacramento pastor?" black & white while bemoaning that others aren't seeing things in shades of grey, saying "Just because I disagree with gay marriage doesn't make me a bigot!". I just can't even deal with it anymore.

21Kid
June 16th, 2016, 01:01 PM
Yup... Thankfully there is an ignore feature.

Crazed_Insanity
June 16th, 2016, 01:07 PM
My apologies for driving an atheist so mad that he's perhaps ready to do something crazy....

Or are you joking again?

Crazed_Insanity
June 16th, 2016, 02:13 PM
These people must be bi-polar. :erm:

McCain has now claimed that he misspoke... He didn't mean Obama is personally responsible...

But anyway, it is still rather appalling to see people using the tragedy to advance their own political, not to mention divisive agenda...

overpowered
June 16th, 2016, 04:53 PM
Anonymous floods ISIS Twitter feed with gay porn:

http://secondnexus.com/technology-and-innovation/anonymous-strikes-isis/

Sad, little man
June 17th, 2016, 03:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbM6WbUw7Bs

overpowered
June 17th, 2016, 05:31 PM
Lots of major companies that traditionally sponsor the GOP convention decline to do it this year:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/283832-major-companies-pull-sponsorship-of-gop-convention#

overpowered
June 17th, 2016, 07:21 PM
Trump's poll ratings in a historic hole.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/donald-trump-unfavorable-polls-224454

LHutton
June 18th, 2016, 02:12 AM
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/06/forget-party-unity-the-new-dnc-email-leak-means-th.html

As Bernie Sanders delivered a livestream address to his supporters on Thursday about the future of his movement, he signaled an eventual end to the campaign. Encouraging his supporters to get involved, Sanders vowed to help Hillary Clinton defeat Trump conditional upon the Democratic Party adopting a “real progressive agenda.” However, earlier in the day news broke about a different story that undercut the Vermont Senator’s calls for eventual party unity.

On the same website that published the DNC’s 200-page Donald Trump oppo file, the hacktivist known as “Guccifer 2.0” released what appears to be an internal email from the DNC discussing strategy, which served to confirm what many of Sanders’ supporters have felt all along: The Democratic Party leadership has had its thumb on the scale for Hillary Clinton in the primary. The email, dated May 26, 2015, about a month after Sanders announced his candidacy, revealed that at least some in the DNC were planning for a Clinton nomination:

Alan P
June 18th, 2016, 08:30 AM
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/06/forget-party-unity-the-new-dnc-email-leak-means-th.html

This is news? Unexpected?

21Kid
June 20th, 2016, 11:39 AM
What will she choose...

Wall Street donors seek to block Warren VP pick -POLITICO
Wall Street cash or Elizabeth Warren: Hillary's choice -CNBC.Com

I'm pretty sure we all know the answer to this already. :(

Alan P
June 20th, 2016, 12:13 PM
Trump has apparently fired his campaign manager at the behest of his daughters. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36579467

Wonder if we'll see any stories or mud slinging?

overpowered
June 20th, 2016, 01:18 PM
What will she choose...

Wall Street donors seek to block Warren VP pick -POLITICO
Wall Street cash or Elizabeth Warren: Hillary's choice -CNBC.Com

I'm pretty sure we all know the answer to this already. :(Sadly true.

Crazed_Insanity
June 20th, 2016, 01:35 PM
You guys still going to support Hillary if she continues to submit to big money?

Forget Trump, give Gary Johnson a chance!

Hillary will have my vote if she listens to wall st by dumping Waren but takes on Bernie as her vp choice! :D

Freude am Fahren
June 20th, 2016, 01:54 PM
Hillary was never and never will pick either of them anyway.

LHutton
June 20th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Hillary or Trump? I would vote AIDS.

MR2 Fan
June 20th, 2016, 02:16 PM
You guys still going to support Hillary if she continues to submit to big money?

Forget Trump, give Gary Johnson a chance!

Hillary will have my vote if she listens to wall st by dumping Waren but takes on Bernie as her vp choice! :D

Gary who?

thesameguy
June 20th, 2016, 02:42 PM
http://cdn.quotationof.com/images/gary-johnsons-quotes-1.jpg

MR2 Fan
June 20th, 2016, 02:43 PM
speaking of which...if you guys were to start your own political party, what would you name it?

Crazed_Insanity
June 20th, 2016, 02:54 PM
You guys are avoiding the question.

Here you are saying Trump's lame... Trump supporter's lame...

But Hillary is also a candidate just saying the messages that you want to hear, but you know she won't do any of it if big money is in the way...

Both candidates are just saying shit voters want to hear in order to win votes and most likely won't fulfill any of the promises.

Why bother.

I was looking fwd to Trump shaking DC up a bit, but if he can't even produce some simple tax returns, then maybe allowing him inside the WH is too big of a gamble.

White House is best left empty, but if we must put somebody in there, it might as well be Gary Johnson.

Rikadyn
June 20th, 2016, 02:58 PM
speaking of which...if you guys were to start your own political party, what would you name it?

Why would I want to do that?

Crazed_Insanity
June 20th, 2016, 03:03 PM
Anyway, if I have to start a party..., I probably name it Christmas.

All the people registered under the Christmas Party will automatically be Christians.

If the religious sounding names are offensive to you... then perhaps I create another Party called Birthday.

All the people registered under the birthday party will be called Birthday boys and girls!

Rikadyn
June 20th, 2016, 03:06 PM
Anyway, if I have to start a party..., I probably name it Christmas.

All the people registered under the Christmas Party will automatically be Christians.

If the religious sounding names are offensive to you... then perhaps I create another Party called Birthday.

All the people registered under the birthday party will be called Birthday boys and girls!

so just alienate the gender-fluid?

thesameguy
June 20th, 2016, 03:07 PM
Whoa. Can you imagine a system where the people could just stonewall the presidential election? We'd rather have it empty and wait for someone we like rather than fill it just to fill it. Crazy.

thesameguy
June 20th, 2016, 03:09 PM

How could it be anything other than Lemon?

Rikadyn
June 20th, 2016, 03:10 PM
I can imagine a system where the idea of centralized governance is not only not needed, but not wanted so, yea...

Crazed_Insanity
June 20th, 2016, 03:21 PM
There definitely should be a none of the above option on the ballots.

In the event none of the above wins, the office is not really just left vacant... but just treated as if the office holder is assassinated legally by the voters... so the next in line can fill the position. If the entire government ended up empty due to this kind of election, so be it. Should save a ton on taxes. Government can't do much anyway. Might as well allow it to be empty and turn the lights out rather than wasting all the energy seeing it in gridlock.

LHutton
June 21st, 2016, 12:19 AM
Whoa. Can you imagine a system where the people could just stonewall the presidential election? We'd rather have it empty and wait for someone we like rather than fill it just to fill it. Crazy.
Like asking for a reshuffle. Sorry but you'll have to come up with better options than Genghis and Adolf, try again.

There definitely should be a none of the above option on the ballots.
Or an 'execute the above' option. And if more people vote for that then...

LHutton
June 21st, 2016, 01:25 AM
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/284121-after-delay-clinton-it-aide-to-testify-in-email-case

After delay, Clinton IT aide to testify in email case

21Kid
June 21st, 2016, 04:56 AM
Afrika?

Rikadyn
June 21st, 2016, 05:31 AM

Seriously though, Had to do this as part of an American Government PoliSci class. Ended up promoting direct action instead of relying on government. Class did not understand it at all, but my group became supporters of the idea the more we worked on it. Teacher understood it, but then he open the first day of class by saying he was a communist (marxist-communist, so we fought a bit)

21Kid
June 21st, 2016, 06:05 AM
I think profiling is something that we're going to have to start thinking about as a country
The list of officials quitting the Republican Party keeps growing (http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/the-list-officials-quitting-the-republican-party-keeps-growing)

Two weeks ago, an Iowa state senator who’s had a lengthy career in public service as a Republican announced he just couldn’t take it anymore: citing Donald Trump as a contributing factor, the lawmaker quit the GOP and changed his voter registration to “no party.”

A few days later, the Republican mayor of Hackensack, New Jersey, announced he too is giving up on the GOP, and he was joined by his deputy mayor. Both mentioned Trump in their statements and both switched their registration to “independent.”
Over the weekend, the Charleston Gazette-Mail in West Virginia reported on another joining the club.
Charleston Mayor Danny Jones, who has been a Republican for 45 years and has been elected mayor four times as a Republican, has left the party.

It’s important, of course, not to overstate matters based on a handful of examples. Four local officials do not necessarily a trend make.
Jones announced Friday that he has switched his party registration to “unaffiliated.”

But every time I read about someone like Danny Jones, I wonder how many other Danny Joneses there are out there: Americans who’ve long considered themselves Republicans, who remember what the GOP was like before its radicalization, and who may be tempted to give up on the party in light of Trump’s nomination and antics.

Kchrpm
June 21st, 2016, 06:25 AM

I'd make the American branch of Australia's Sex Party. Who doesn't want to join a Sex Party?

Jason
June 21st, 2016, 07:57 AM
Really depends on membership :|

LHutton
June 21st, 2016, 08:52 AM
And the type of sex. For instance, if it's like the ones in prison showers, then count me out.

LHutton
June 21st, 2016, 09:02 AM
https://us.yahoo.com/news/authorities-uk-man-arrested-rally-planned-kill-trump-095014851--election.html

LAS VEGAS (AP) — A British man arrested at a weekend Donald Trump rally in Las Vegas tried to grab a police officer’s gun so he could kill the presidential candidate after planning an assassination for about a year, according to authorities.

overpowered
June 21st, 2016, 10:14 AM
Trump funneling campaign cash to his own companies:

http://www.poli-ticks.com/news/busted-trump-caught-red-handed-funneling-campaign-cash-to-his-own-companies/

novicius
June 21st, 2016, 10:18 AM
Really depends on membership :|
YEEEEAH!! NO FATTIES!! :mad:

<--- membership denied.

drew
June 21st, 2016, 10:27 AM

http://www.poli-ticks.com/news/busted-trump-caught-red-handed-funneling-campaign-cash-to-his-own-companies/

If that's true, I'm not the least bit surprised. I will also not be surprised, if it's true, that he'll still get votes, despite it.

I don't understand this fucking country at all.

LHutton
June 21st, 2016, 11:16 AM
Worldwide known cyber security company CrowdStrike announced that the Democratic National Committee (DNC) servers had been hacked by “sophisticated” hacker groups.

I’m very pleased the company appreciated my skills so highly))) But in fact, it was easy, very easy.

Guccifer may have been the first one who penetrated Hillary Clinton’s and other Democrats’ mail servers. But he certainly wasn’t the last. No wonder any other hacker could easily get access to the DNC’s servers.

Shame on CrowdStrike: Do you think I’ve been in the DNC’s networks for almost a year and saved only 2 documents? Do you really believe it?

Here are just a few docs from many thousands I extracted when hacking into DNC’s network.

They mentioned a leaked database on Donald Trump. Did they mean this one ('https://guccifer2.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/1.doc')?

https://guccifer2.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/11.png?w=756https://guccifer2.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/12.png?w=756https://guccifer2.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/13.png?w=756https://guccifer2.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/14.png?w=756

Some hundred sheets! This’s a serious case, isn’t it?

And it’s just a tiny part of all docs I downloaded from the Democrats networks.

DNC chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz said no financial documents were compromised. Nonsense! Just look through the Democratic Party lists of donors!

This one ('https://guccifer2.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/big-donors-list.xls')

https://guccifer2.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/bd.png?w=756

Another one ('https://guccifer2.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/donors.xlsx')https://guccifer2.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/don.png?w=756

And another one ('https://guccifer2.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/prospect-list_032916.xlsx')https://guccifer2.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/don2.png?w=756

They say there were no secret docs! Lies again! Here is a secret document ('https://guccifer2.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/4.doc') from Hillary’s PC she worked with as the Secretary of State.https://guccifer2.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/411.png?w=756https://guccifer2.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/421.png?w=756https://guccifer2.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/431.png?w=756

Here are other docs:

2016 GOP presidential candidates ('https://guccifer2.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/2.doc')

HRC election plans ('https://guccifer2.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/3.doc')

NATIONAL SECURITY TRANSITION PLANNING ('https://guccifer2.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/5.doc')

2.19.16 Friends of HRC List_HFA16 Giving History ('https://guccifer2.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/2-19-16-friends-of-hrc-list_hfa16-giving-history.xlsx')

4.16 Commitment Sheet_040416 Update ('https://guccifer2.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/4-16-commitment-sheet_040416-update.xlsx')

7.1.15 Commitment Sheet ('https://guccifer2.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/7-1-15-commitment-sheet.xlsx')

The main part of the papers, thousands of files and mails, I gave to Wikileaks. They will publish them soon.

I guess CrowdStrike customers should think twice about company’s competence.

**** the Illuminati and their conspiracies!!!!!!!!! **** CrowdStrike!!!!!!!!!

https://guccifer2.wordpress.com/2016/06/15/dnc/

thesameguy
June 21st, 2016, 11:32 AM
This stuff makes me anxious and giddy all at once.

FaultyMario
June 21st, 2016, 11:39 AM

That was always the plan, innit?

Crazed_Insanity
June 21st, 2016, 12:17 PM
Media really should learn to stop covering Trump, instead, they should treat him like they did with Bernie.

But they probably just can't help themselves.

It's funny to see Trump beat up the GOP's established candidates... and to see some of them giving up on the party...

But it'd be less funny to see Hillary with a much bigger war chest... end up being defeated by this dude who's only interest is to make money for himself and his companies.

Media is giving him too much free coverage.

One thing I love about Trump is that he exposed how fucked up our political system is...

I also admire his cleverness at exploiting it to his advantage to the max!

Too bad I just don't like the guy.

drew
June 21st, 2016, 01:19 PM
It's a quagmire. They could just ignore Trump, but they also can't, because, ratings. You know, because news is about ratings, not objective reporting.

LHutton
June 21st, 2016, 01:53 PM

Wow, Hillary has competition.

overpowered
June 21st, 2016, 06:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUewbHseMQ4

Rikadyn
June 21st, 2016, 06:49 PM
It's a quagmire. They could just ignore Trump, but they also can't, because, ratings. You know, because news is about ratings, not objective reporting.

News has never been about objective reporting.

overpowered
June 21st, 2016, 11:50 PM
Allegations of Trump raping a 13 year old.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/436890/did-donald-trump-and-jeffrey-epstein-rape-13-year-old-girl

overpowered
June 22nd, 2016, 12:08 AM
Trump’s campaign hired an ad firm called Draper Sterling. Really.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/06/21/draper-sterling-founder-paul-holzer-says-worked-for-trump-campaign-mass/kLRp1j0Ai8jwCilBQiFpuM/story.html

LHutton
June 22nd, 2016, 02:51 AM
Allegations of Trump raping a 13 year old.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/436890/did-donald-trump-and-jeffrey-epstein-rape-13-year-old-girl
Bullshit. If they were raped, it would be a criminal proceeding first, then a civil proceeding. I have no time for claims that go to civil court first.

drew
June 22nd, 2016, 03:12 AM
News has never been about objective reporting.

Yeah, I know. Thus why I never watched it. Unfortunately, she has to watch it. Even on her phone, while watching GoT, getting pissed off about what she reads, and then asking me "what happened?"

But that's another subject.

novicius
June 22nd, 2016, 04:21 AM
That's love. ;)

drew
June 22nd, 2016, 05:48 AM
:finger:

overpowered
June 22nd, 2016, 10:14 AM
Bullshit. If they were raped, it would be a criminal proceeding first, then a civil proceeding. I have no time for claims that go to civil court first.22 years ago. Statute of limitations.

Kchrpm
June 22nd, 2016, 10:27 AM
Does this go in the Politics thread or the gun control thread?

http://gawker.com/house-democrats-hold-sit-in-to-demand-gun-control-vote-1782432366

Just a week after Senate Democrats filibustered for new gun control measures, the Democrats of the House have decided to get in on the fun. This time, with a good old-fashioned sit-in.

thesameguy
June 22nd, 2016, 10:43 AM
I dunno, but I am borderline suicidal over how much of a shitshow our government is this year. They expect us to behave like adults when we're participating in the system, but they get to act like children? Blah.

21Kid
June 22nd, 2016, 12:15 PM
There's still the Green Party candidate, Dr. Jill Stein (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jill_Stein).

We are all realizing that we, the people, have to take charge because the political parties that are serving the top 1 percent are not going to solve the problems that the rest of us face, we need people in Washington who will refuse to be bought by lobbyists and for whom change is not just a slogan.Jill Stein was a 99% match with Bernie Sanders and 91% match with Hillary Clinton on ISideWith, a political quiz on political stances.

Referring to President Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal approach to the Great Depression, Jill Stein advocated a "Green New Deal", in which renewable energy jobs would be created to address climate change and environmental issues; the objective would be to employ "every American willing and able to work". Stein noted the successful economic effects of the 1930s' New Deal projects, and said she would fund the start-up costs of the plan with a 30% reduction in the U.S. military budget, returning US troops home, and increasing taxes on areas such as speculation in stock markets, offshore tax havens, and multimillion-dollar real estate. She claims that the research of Phillip Harvey, Professor of Law & Economics at Rutgers University, shows that the multiplier economic effects of this Green New Deal would later recoup most of the start-up costs.Good stuff. :up:

Crazed_Insanity
June 22nd, 2016, 12:24 PM
Hmm... a doctor and similarly political alignment with Bernie Sanders?

Okay, maybe I'll vote for her rather than Gary Johnson.

thesameguy
June 22nd, 2016, 12:37 PM
For real. I'm in. I've thrown presidential election votes away before and I am not afraid to do it again.

21Kid
June 22nd, 2016, 12:47 PM
I'm considering it... Hillary hasn't done anything to make me trust her.

Jason
June 22nd, 2016, 12:51 PM
My problem with Jill Stein is, she doesn't have any actual political experience from what I can tell. As much as I'd love to stick to my ideals, I'm not going to vote for someone with zero experience in navigating Washington, or with foreign affairs. If Sanders decides, against all odds, to run on the Green Party ticket, I'll consider him, but if not, I'm voting Clinton. It's important to me that a liberal, even a moderate liberal, wins this election, because they are likely nominating three Supreme Court Justices.

Crazed_Insanity
June 22nd, 2016, 01:51 PM
We need people with actual brains in higher offices.

According to my quick Google, she's not only just a medical doctor, but graduated magna cum laude from Harvard University!

Obama had very little national/international political experiences as well as a Jr Senator. If he can do it, I can't see why she couldn't do it. Gary Johnson has more actual experience with politics, but he doesn't look very bright though...

Face it, even if Trump wins, he won't be able to do much. Not just because of his inexperience, but also because even the GOP hates him!

Hillary for sure will be very experienced and qualified to get things done, but how much are you willing to be that those things will mostly benefit her donors rather than people like us.

We voters need to send a message to big money that though they might buy them politicians, but such move will actually cause their candidates to lose votes because we're ON to them!

Enough of voting for the lesser of the 2 evils.

We really should not have either one of them as presidential candidates. If these are the best each of the party has to offer, then there's no better time to give 3rd party a try.

We voters need to send a strong message to the establishment/big money that enough is enough. Without Bernie, voting 3rd Party is the only way to send that msg. Even if shit happens and Trump ended up winning..., so what, that'll still send the message. We can only hope that Trump will be so ineffective during his 4 years in office.

Hopefully next time, these parties will be able to give us better selections to choose from.

If Trump wins the reelection..., then may God have mercy on us.

Freude am Fahren
June 22nd, 2016, 03:32 PM
My problem with Jill Stein is, she doesn't have any actual political experience from what I can tell. As much as I'd love to stick to my ideals, I'm not going to vote for someone with zero experience in navigating Washington, or with foreign affairs. If Sanders decides, against all odds, to run on the Green Party ticket, I'll consider him, but if not, I'm voting Clinton. It's important to me that a liberal, even a moderate liberal, wins this election, because they are likely nominating three Supreme Court Justices.

I wouldn't worry about her winning. I'll be voting for Hillary unless the polls have her well ahead of Trump in Florida, in which case, I'll probably vote third party, maybe Stein. I'm not worried about her experience since she won't win. If enough people like us here (I don't think any of us are really pro-Hillary or pro-Trump) in states that aren't close vote third party it could be another small step to getting things done.

Rubio has gone back on his word and is running again. I can't wait to vote against him and Wasserman-Schultz.

Freude am Fahren
June 22nd, 2016, 03:52 PM
A man has come forward claiming to be Orlando gunman's gay lover, says he targeted Latinos because he felt they used him. I don't care whether or not it's true, this is exactly what we should be doing to this guy. Make him appear everything that he claims he was fighting against. We should do it (true or not) to all of these types of guys.

overpowered
June 22nd, 2016, 03:57 PM
I wouldn't worry about her winning. I'll be voting for Hillary unless the polls have her well ahead of Trump in Florida, in which case, I'll probably vote third party, maybe Stein. I'm not worried about her experience since she won't win. If enough people like us here (I don't think any of us are really pro-Hillary or pro-Trump) in states that aren't close vote third party it could be another small step to getting things done.Interesting thought.

California will go Hillary in a landslide. Maybe I'll write Bernie in.

Jason
June 23rd, 2016, 05:48 AM
DC will go Hillary as well, but I'm not taking any chances. I really, really, don't want Trump as POTUS.

Crazed_Insanity
June 23rd, 2016, 09:15 AM
I wouldn't worry about her winning. I'll be voting for Hillary unless the polls have her well ahead of Trump in Florida, in which case, I'll probably vote third party, maybe Stein. I'm not worried about her experience since she won't win. If enough people like us here (I don't think any of us are really pro-Hillary or pro-Trump) in states that aren't close vote third party it could be another small step to getting things done.

Rubio has gone back on his word and is running again. I can't wait to vote against him and Wasserman-Schultz.

Baby steps are better than nothing I suppose.

To me, both candidate are equally bad. Either one elected is a step backwards. (Baby steps fwd would be pretty meaningless)

It's like we're voting for 2 racists into office. One of them is more politically correct. You know she's a racist, but at least she says thing beautifully and won't offend anybody. The other racist is one loud mouth annoying mutherfoquer. But at least I know what he's thinking and doing so I can anticipate his moves and hopefully stop them or run away in time...

Of course the other 3rd party folks are relatively unknown..., I don't even know if they're racists or not, but at least there's a chance that they are not!

overpowered
June 23rd, 2016, 09:23 AM
Private prisons. :smh:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/06/cca-private-prisons-corrections-corporation-inmates-investigation-bauer

Alan P
June 23rd, 2016, 12:53 PM
How do US elections work? Are you literally voting for Hillary or Trump on your ballot paper? Over here you vote for your local candidate and then their party affiliation decides who the prime minister is.

Crazed_Insanity
June 23rd, 2016, 01:35 PM
It works kinda like your way...

We do vote directly for the presidential candidates but these so called popular votes wont determine final national election results... only state level.

Each particular state declares a winner on a state level... and give the state's electoral votes to the candidate. In the end, whoever has the most electoral votes wins.

There had been cases where a candidate won the popular vote nationally, but end up losing the election because of this electoral system. Not sure if it's really fair or not..., but at least if we need to do a recount, we don't have to recount all 50 states... just a few key critically close states...

Rikadyn
June 23rd, 2016, 01:35 PM
How do US elections work? Are you literally voting for Hillary or Trump on your ballot paper? Over here you vote for your local candidate and then their party affiliation decides who the prime minister is.

Eh, we wish it was that simple.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_College_(United_States)

FaultyMario
June 24th, 2016, 09:31 AM
So you're saying some of your most dealy beholden rules are antiquated relics?

21Kid
June 24th, 2016, 10:14 AM
But, it's tradition!!!

overpowered
June 24th, 2016, 11:20 AM
Trump doesn't like it when someone suggests that he's talking out of his ass:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/284701-trump-in-testy-exchange-with-nbc-host-over-clinton-emails

Crazed_Insanity
June 24th, 2016, 11:22 AM
Oh fuck Trump already. Isn't he getting enough coverage already? Do we really need to see more of him here? Can he even be hated MORE?

Let's try to look on the brighter side! The more I see the more I like Dr. Stein. (At least her looks and mannerism appeared much better than Gary Johnson.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N_jWAZeIZE

We have 17% of American supporting Gary Johnson and Jill Stein at the moment.

Need more please.

Don't vote for Hillary because you hate Trump.

Don't vote for Trump because you hate Hillary. (I personally almost did that, but I don't personally hate Hillary, I just hate the establishment more!)

Whether Trump or Hillary wins, America and the world will lose...

thesameguy
June 24th, 2016, 12:11 PM
I like Jill Stein. She doesn't have Sanders' fire and she reminds me a little of my crazy ex-girlfriend, but she had her good points. ;)

I will not vote for Hillary. I will seriously vote for Trump before Hillary. But, I'm also happy to join the 7% that support Stein.

Freude am Fahren
June 24th, 2016, 12:25 PM
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13533060_10157013667795366_5801755184376761118_n.j pg?oh=08dd4e46bbce69c5b2980ec46f43a410&oe=5807A83F

Tom Servo
June 24th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Well, I guess at least Stein and Trump have something in common. They both are anti-vaxxers who believe that they cause autism.

thesameguy
June 24th, 2016, 02:25 PM
I don't think that's accurate. Jill Stein is pro homeopathy and alt medicine but as far as I can tell she's not anti-science or anti-vax specifically. Wiki quotes:

Stein has stated that "vaccines in general have made a huge contribution to public health," but suggested that it is reasonable to be skeptical of mandatory vaccinations due to allegedly close connections between corporate interests and regulatory agencies.

She is not opposed to vaccines, she supports better, well, regulation of medical research to avoid conflicts of interest and compromised science to help build faith in the results. I think she's right to promote skepticism of science as that's what science is all about. John Oliver did a piece on this at some point that, and I think this is his position, my position, and her position.

Shitty science is what started the whole anti-vax movement. If her approach is realized, we could avoid "for profit science" screwing with society's opinions and prevent such loss of ground in the future.

thesameguy
June 24th, 2016, 02:30 PM
She said this on reddit:

In the US, however, regulatory agencies are routinely packed with corporate lobbyists and CEOs. So the foxes are guarding the chicken coop as usual in the US. So who wouldn't be skeptical? I think dropping vaccinations rates that can and must be fixed in order to get at the vaccination issue: the widespread distrust of the medical-indsutrial complex.

She sounds pro-vaccine to me.

Tom Servo
June 24th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Same AMA where she wouldn't say that she thought vaccinations were safe and didn't cause autism.

Either way, she's got nutty ideas about autism, so I'll retract the previous statement. She and Trump both have nutty ideas about autism.

Crazed_Insanity
June 24th, 2016, 07:17 PM
So what is the acceptable idea about autism?

We cannot even trust a medical doctor who graduated with great honor from Harvard to have normal ideas about autism? So who should we trust?

Okay, you got me. I'll vote for Hillary... I'm assuming her ideas about autism is about normal?

overpowered
June 24th, 2016, 10:27 PM
Sometimes, things are so far out there that they can't be real, so you look them up on Snopes and fuck. It's real.

http://www.snopes.com/make-america-white-again-billboard/

overpowered
June 24th, 2016, 11:49 PM
Right wing morons inspired by Brexit.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/republicans-think-its-americas-turn-brexit-our-own

LHutton
June 25th, 2016, 01:17 AM
Some people are just jealous that we have an Independence Day too now. 23rd of June.

It's amazing how left-wingers complain about democracy every time it works against them. You're also super-fucking wrong on it being right-wingers. The Leave vote crossed all party lines, it went against all 3 main parties, right, left and lefter. The vote was dominated by public services. Labour and Lib Dem constituencies voted out across England and Wales. The same old people who voted us in, voted us out.

http://leftfootforward.org/images/2016/06/EU-vote-map.jpg

http://media.fyre.co/nWhUZPBLTeye9HoAOomy_Ashcroft%20data.JPG

MR2 Fan
June 25th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Conservative commentator George Will has abandoned the GOP because of Trump

Taimar
June 26th, 2016, 08:47 AM
Some people are just jealous that we have an Independence Day too now. 23rd of June.

Actually, some people are just amazed at your stupidity and willingness to destroy your own country in the most spectacular act of voluntary, unnecessary self-immolation in modern history.

LHutton
June 26th, 2016, 09:09 AM
Actually, some people are just amazed at your stupidity and willingness to destroy your own country in the most spectacular act of voluntary, unnecessary self-immolation in modern history.
It's amazing how someone at the other side of the Atlantic claims to know what's going on in your country more than you do.

Public services, like the NHS (National Health Service) and Education system, run on an average funding (tax, NI, VAT, indirect taxes etc.) per person basis. If the population increases way faster than the funding, then either the standard of service declines and/or the deficit increases. And that's exactly what happens with mass, low income migration. a quarter of which contributes less than £1/week net in tax and NI because of in-work benefits, even when they're working. You can't expect people to see the Health Service and Education System trashed in their area for the sake of London.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10796558/Some-eastern-European-workers-pay-just-1-a-week-in-tax-says-report.html

If you want to blame it on someone, blame it on Tony Blair. He sleep-walked a nation in a perfectly amicable union of similar economies into a completely mismatched bundle of chaos, as did other EU national leaders. They did it so that big business could move into Eastern Europe, takeover nationalised industry, kill off the competition and put tons of people out of work just to profit. The trade-off was that the newly unemployed got to go to Western Europe for jobs (conveniently they'd established the free movement of people in 1992 way before they introduced the A8 nations, I wonder why). The only people who won from this deal was a few elitist arseholes who fucked everybody. And that's all the EU is, a vehicle for the business elite to fuck everybody. And while people are being fucked, every national leader can just blame it on EU policy, made by commissioners who are unaccountable to voters.

Taimar
June 26th, 2016, 09:59 AM
It's amazing how someone at the other side of the Atlantic claims to know what's going on in your country more than you do.

Well, it is you we're talking about.

Public services, like the NHS (National Health Service) and Education system, run on an average funding (tax, NI, VAT, indirect taxes etc.) per person basis. If the population increases way faster than the funding, then either the standard of service declines and/or the deficit increases. And that's exactly what happens with mass, low income migration. a quarter of which contributes less than £1/week net in tax and NI because of in-work benefits, even when they're working. You can't expect people to see the Health Service and Education System trashed in their area for the sake of London.

But the population isn't increasing way faster than the funding. The population growth rate is lower now than it was in 2008. The population as a whole grew from 57.4 Million in 1991 to 64.5 million in 2014, an increase of about 12%. In Sweden, the population has grown from 8.5 million in 1990 to 10 million by yearend 2016 - an increase of 15% in a country with a much smaller population, which means much more of an impact on the culture. There is resistance to immigration in Sweden, particularly to additional refugees from the middle east crisis, but few people would be willing to dismember their country and it's economic relationships to stop immigration, and the motivations for that opposition are ethnic and racial - they are not cloaked in phony concerns about jobs and social services.

That's because the real reason for "Brexit" is a dislike of people who do not fit the stereotypical mold of what a White, Anglo-Saxon Briton should look like.

If you want to blame it on someone, blame it on Tony Blair. He sleep-walked a nation in a perfectly amicable union of similar economies into a completely mismatched bundle of chaos, as did other EU national leaders. They did it so that big business could move into Eastern Europe, takeover nationalised industry, kill off the competition and put tons of people out of work just to profit. The trade-off was that the newly unemployed got to go to Western Europe for jobs (conveniently they'd established the free movement of people in 1992 way before they introduced the A8 nations, I wonder why). The only people who won from this deal was a few elitist arseholes who fucked everybody. And that's all the EU is, a vehicle for the business elite to fuck everybody. And while people are being fucked, every national leader can just blame it on EU policy, made by commissioners who are unaccountable to voters.

Actually, the real reason to blame Tony Blair is that he supported the Iraq war, which directly led to the creation of ISIS, which directly led to ongoing conflict that has displaced so many refugees into Europe. Of course, American conservatives also deserve the majority of blame for that, not that they'll ever admit culpability.

They ask us every two years to put them back in power despite a 40 year record of spectacular failures, and then crow about how they are the "party of personal responsibility." But that's another tale.

As for big business entering Eastern Europe and taking over previously state-owned industries, alot of that began before the EU - VW's takeover of Skoda began in early 1991, for example. The EU may have accelerated that change, but it would've happened anyway. Industrial assets in Eastern Europe were bargains for the taking, and business doesn't resist bargains.

Regardless, you're still controlled by business interests whether they be in Brussels or London, and don't think for one second that somehow giving the finger to Brussels will mean independence from the control of business elites - many of whom are based in London.

In the meantime, it's been less than 72 hours and already Sinn Fein wants Northern Ireland to join a united Ireland, and Scotland's already looking for the door. The case for unification of Ireland doesn't have much traction now, but wait until the EU tap is turned off and border controls are reinstated there.

When Scotland had its independence referendum, I watched with great anxiety hoping that they would stay in the United Kingdom - the U.K. is not my home, but I have great affection for it and in particular for Scotland. I believed deeply that leaving the U.K. would put Scotland at a great disadvantage. Now I think they'd be entirely justified in leaving the U.K., and that's a very sad statement to make about a union that's held since 1707.

What you will get out of "Brexit" is a diminished country with diminished economic capacity, diminished international influence and prestige, and likely a diminished tax base.

overpowered
June 26th, 2016, 10:56 AM
Trump scores his 34th pants-on-fire. He's not slowing down. The bullshit continues to spew at full speed.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jun/22/donald-trump/trump-wrong-clintons-refugee-plan-would-cost-more-/

Alan P
June 26th, 2016, 02:40 PM
Around 30% of the NHS staff is made up of immigrants and white, anglo-saxon people are far, far more likely to claim benefits than any immigrant. Nearly all immigrants from eastern Europe come to the UK and work and pay taxes. I've yet to see anyone in the Daily Mail, Sun, Daily Express or on Channel 4's benefits street that isn't white and English while being lambasted for being 'wasters' and 'spongers'. Before anyone talks about 'they're taking our jobs!' there are THOUSANDS of jobs out there that are available to anyone yet there are also thousands of manual labour jobs that no 'white Anglo-Saxon' person will apply for.

Being from Scotland I voted 'Stay' in the independence referendum. I also voted 'IN' for the EU referendum, as did the whole of the rest of Scotland but we've had our democracy rendered pointless and moot thanks to the English and their inability to believe anything other than what they read on the front of their favourite 'newspaper' which does little more than peddle whatever their owner wants it to.

Should Scotland have another independence referendum I will most certainly be voting to go it alone. And once done so we will apply to rejoin the EU.

FaultyMario
June 26th, 2016, 09:23 PM
Trump in the USA, Gove in the UK, LePen in France, Fernandez Díaz in Spain, Zavala in Mexico. Same disregard for facts, same love for power for the sake of power.

Yw-slayer
June 26th, 2016, 11:29 PM
Actually, the real reason to blame Tony Blair is that he supported the Iraq war, which directly led to the creation of ISIS, which directly led to ongoing conflict that has displaced so many refugees into Europe. Of course, American conservatives also deserve the majority of blame for that, not that they'll ever admit culpability.

Yup. Nothing that the others ever did or didn't do can overshadow Blair's "achievement" in that area.

LHutton
June 27th, 2016, 01:03 AM
But the population isn't increasing way faster than the funding. The population growth rate is lower now than it was in 2008.
And yet the funding per capita is down on 2008 and the GDP per capita is down too. This means public services can't be expanded at the same rate that the population is growing.

The population as a whole grew from 57.4 Million in 1991 to 64.5 million in 2014, an increase of about 12%. In Sweden, the population has grown from 8.5 million in 1990 to 10 million by yearend 2016 - an increase of 15% in a country with a much smaller population, which means much more of an impact on the culture. There is resistance to immigration in Sweden, particularly to additional refugees from the middle east crisis, but few people would be willing to dismember their country and it's economic relationships to stop immigration, and the motivations for that opposition are ethnic and racial - they are not cloaked in phony concerns about jobs and social services.
Yeah, and the Swedish are really fucking happy about that.:lol: When an American thinks he knows what's going on in Europe.:lol: From 1991-2001 it grew by 1.7m, from 2001-2011 it grew by >4m, Equivalent to the entire population of Ireland, and 25% more than the previous 3 decades combined. And the rate is increasing (see entire Brexit thread for links).

Oh yeah:
http://www.euractiv.com/section/uk-europe/news/poll-majority-of-swedes-want-to-leave-eu-in-case-of-brexit/

That's because the real reason for "Brexit" is a dislike of people who do not fit the stereotypical mold of what a White, Anglo-Saxon Briton should look like.
The problem immigration is uncontrollable low income, White European migration from Eastern Europe, that pays thousands of pounds less than the national average in taxes, NI and VAT. Some racists don't actually mind them, because they're white and look exactly like us. Here are the White Anglo-Saxon Leave voters:

http://themess.net/forum/political-discussion/158853-brexit-vote-today?p=159957#post159957

The refugee crisis is only a small part of this. The induction of Turkey to the EU, where 8% of people sympathise with ISIS is seen as a bigger future threat but less than 75% of the reason people voted out.

As for big business entering Eastern Europe and taking over previously state-owned industries, alot of that began before the EU - VW's takeover of Skoda began in early 1991, for example. The EU may have accelerated that change, but it would've happened anyway. Industrial assets in Eastern Europe were bargains for the taking, and business doesn't resist bargains.
Yes and what you'll find is that the changes in the EU were planned in advance as a condition of that. I've been listening to Eastern Europeans on this, so I know. You should try speaking to people who live in affected countries rather than assuming you know everything. They rushed to drag countries away from the old Soviet sphere of influence, but instead they recreated the Soviet Union, except with Russia replaced by Western Europe and Communism replaced by anarcho-Capitalism. The one thing they had in common - no one was really happy.

Regardless, you're still controlled by business interests whether they be in Brussels or London, and don't think for one second that somehow giving the finger to Brussels will mean independence from the control of business elites - many of whom are based in London.
The message on immigration control from this referendum is a very clear one and it would be foolish to ignore it. You think it's right they have such influence?

In the meantime, it's been less than 72 hours and already Sinn Fein wants Northern Ireland to join a united Ireland, and Scotland's already looking for the door. The case for unification of Ireland doesn't have much traction now, but wait until the EU tap is turned off and border controls are reinstated there.
Sinn Fein has wanted that since before the EU existed. Similarly the SNP has wanted Scotland out of the UK even before the UK was talking about leaving the EU, so anyone who thinks that they have Scotland's best interests at heart has their head firmly in their arse. Scotland, in total, has had less low income A8 migrants than England gets every 4 months. 10-12 years ago, 62% of English and Welsh people would have voted to Remain to. They are no different to us and naive to think they are. Their opinions of low income migration are the same as ours and scholars suggest that they would react similarly to us about a similar level of migration, if it were to hit them, which it would if they joined the EU alone, except they'd then have no rebate, pay a relatively higher subscription, have no Barnett formula, have to fund their own prescription drugs and have to fund the free higher education of all Scottish students in Scottish universities, all at $48/bbl.

http://gtxforums.net/showthread.php?1530-BREXIT&p=76006&viewfull=1#post76006

When Scotland had its independence referendum, I watched with great anxiety hoping that they would stay in the United Kingdom - the U.K. is not my home, but I have great affection for it and in particular for Scotland. I believed deeply that leaving the U.K. would put Scotland at a great disadvantage. Now I think they'd be entirely justified in leaving the U.K., and that's a very sad statement to make about a union that's held since 1707.
Well they could do that, or they could look at why people voted as they did, realise they're going to end up the same in 10 years and not destroy a 309 year union and a home market for the sake of a 24 year union that was corrupted beyond recognition 8-9 years ago. Basically the SNP want out anyway, it's their policy, they'd want out even if we gave them 50% of all English and Welsh revenue and sung their praise every morning at the crack of dawn. It's just who they are. We have no ability to change their opinion on that, because it isn't a rational one.

What you will get out of "Brexit" is a diminished country with diminished economic capacity, diminished international influence and prestige, and likely a diminished tax base.
Exactly what we'll get depends on the deal. But what we won't get is tens of billions of pounds of extra unfunded public service expansion requirements every decade cumulative on an indefinite basis. What you still don't get is that we're already getting a diminished tax base relative population size, such that people in heavily impacted areas voted over 75% in favour of leaving.

LHutton
June 27th, 2016, 01:22 AM
Around 30% of the NHS staff is made up of immigrants and white, anglo-saxon people are far, far more likely to claim benefits than any immigrant. Nearly all immigrants from eastern Europe come to the UK and work and pay taxes. I've yet to see anyone in the Daily Mail, Sun, Daily Express or on Channel 4's benefits street that isn't white and English while being lambasted for being 'wasters' and 'spongers'. Before anyone talks about 'they're taking our jobs!' there are THOUSANDS of jobs out there that are available to anyone yet there are also thousands of manual labour jobs that no 'white Anglo-Saxon' person will apply for.

Being from Scotland I voted 'Stay' in the independence referendum. I also voted 'IN' for the EU referendum, as did the whole of the rest of Scotland but we've had our democracy rendered pointless and moot thanks to the English and their inability to believe anything other than what they read on the front of their favourite 'newspaper' which does little more than peddle whatever their owner wants it to.

Should Scotland have another independence referendum I will most certainly be voting to go it alone. And once done so we will apply to rejoin the EU.
Just because you're working, it doesn't make you a positive contributor as an A8 migrant if your income is so damn low that you pay hardly anything net in taxes and NI, while adding extra burden to public services. If we need a given skill, we can still have an immigrant with that skill, but it will be our choice.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10796558/Some-eastern-European-workers-pay-just-1-a-week-in-tax-says-report.html
http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/briefings/characteristics-and-outcomes-migrants-uk-labour-market

It also helps when UK jobs are actually advertised in the UK.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/hungarian-jobs-firm-offering-low-2180745

I guarantee that after 10 years in the EU alone, Scotland would change their mind. As I said, 62% of English would also have voted Remain 10-12 years ago. Hardly anyone was asking to leave in 2004, think about that!

21Kid
June 27th, 2016, 07:21 AM
With so much information available today, why are we still doing stupid things? :mad::(

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/a1/0b/f2/a10bf27fb95a3b2fa8e4a845bae9ea25.jpg

LHutton
June 27th, 2016, 09:07 AM
Idiocracy is the type of governmental structure practised by the EU Commission. It's a combination of autocracy and idiocy.

overpowered
June 27th, 2016, 09:46 AM
http://brewminate.com/trump-lashes-out-at-george-will-for-leaving-the-gop-wills-response-priceless/

“He [Trump] has an advantage on me, because he can say everything he knows about any subject in 140 characters and I can’t.” - George Will

dodint
June 27th, 2016, 10:28 AM
SCOTUS has been interesting today, certainly more agreeable than it's botching of Fisher II last week.

Whole Woman’s Health v. Hellerstedt came down nicely, turns out putting up a bunch of barriers to abortion, in the name of 'protecting women's health', is a no-no. Go away, Texas.

Voisine v. United States upheld that motive doesn't matter in domestic violence convictions as it pertains to gun ownership post-conviction. Not really a gun issue to me and I'm not bent out of shape on it. Kind of hard to believe that they went all the way to the SCOTUS with the argument of "I'm criminally reckless but since I didn't overtly mean to be a domestic abuser it shouldn't count so let me have my guns plz!" Pretty much the exact opposite of what every responsible gun owner believes. Pair of clowns, there.

For clarity, from SCOTUSblog:

Voisine and Armstrong contend their state convictions do not automatically qualify as misdemeanor crimes of domestic violence because the state-law provisions can be violated by conduct that is merely reckless, rather than intentional.

overpowered
June 28th, 2016, 02:22 AM
the biggest weapon anyone person can have is to legitimately listen to the other side instead of vilifying them as the enemy.

http://distractify.com/videos/2016/06/17/cia-drops-truth