PDA

View Full Version : Politics

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101

Sad, little man
February 15th, 2017, 01:34 AM
Holly shit, even Fox News is dropping bombs.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/15/trump-reportedly-kept-pence-in-dark-about-flynns-russian-phone-calls.html

Shit's getting good folks! :D

What will Trump think when his favorite source of non-fake news is turning against him?

FaultyMario
February 15th, 2017, 05:13 AM
The real scandal here is that classified information is illegally given out by "intelligence" like candy. Very un-American!

Well, no shit Sherlock.

FaultyMario
February 15th, 2017, 05:24 AM
This administration always reminds me of a punk/oi song. Always.

http://youtu.be/5HtUnubXAO4

sandydandy
February 15th, 2017, 05:53 AM

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/15/trump-reportedly-kept-pence-in-dark-about-flynns-russian-phone-calls.html

What will Trump think when his favorite source of non-fake news is turning against him? I thought Breitbart was his favourite. Not all that different from Fox News, I guess.

Sad, little man
February 15th, 2017, 05:57 AM
Beginning of the end folks...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-idUSKBN15U0BK

And Trump is going off on a particularly fiery twitter tirade this morning, so you know there's something big that he's hiding.

Tom Servo
February 15th, 2017, 06:01 AM
Which appears to be entirely based around the idea that all the nefarious shit going on isn't the story, it's that someone's tattling on their nefarious shit.

Rikadyn
February 15th, 2017, 06:34 AM
, so you know there's something big that he's hiding.

Well, it's not his hands (or his penis) maybe he's transitioning?

MR2 Fan
February 15th, 2017, 07:23 AM
#trumpimpeachmentparty is trending #1 on Twitter in the U.S., a bit premature maybe but interesting

21Kid
February 15th, 2017, 08:16 AM

What will Trump think when his favorite source of non-fake news is turning against him?"President Trump was reportedly told six days into his presidency that his former national security adviser Michael Flynn misled the vice president about his phone calls with Russia, but did not tell his second-in-command."

The real scandal here is that classified information is illegally given out by "intelligence" like candy. Very un-American!Well, no shit Sherlock.Seeing how you did nothing with the very important information given to you (probably because it was at your behest), it's no surprise that someone would have to go go somewhere else with the info.

21Kid
February 15th, 2017, 08:18 AM
Beginning of the end folks...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-idUSKBN15U0BK

And Trump is going off on a particularly fiery twitter tirade this morning, so you know there's something big that he's hiding.
Geez, you're not kidding.

The fake news media is going crazy with their conspiracy theories and blind hatred. @MSNBC & @CNN are unwatchable. @foxandfriends is great!

This Russian connection non-sense is merely an attempt to cover-up the many mistakes made in Hillary Clinton's losing campaign.:popcorn:

Hopefully the investigation goes better than it did in Wisconsin. :(

21Kid
February 15th, 2017, 08:20 AM
Watergate is the biggest political scandal of my lifetime, until maybe now. It was the closest we came to a debilitating Constitutional crisis, until maybe now. On a 10 scale of armageddon for our form of government, I would put Watergate at a 9. This Russia scandal is currently somewhere around a 5 or 6, in my opinion, but it is cascading in intensity seemingly by the hour. And we may look back and see, in the end, that it is at least as big as Watergate. It may become the measure by which all future scandals are judged. It has all the necessary ingredients, and that is chilling.
When we look back at Watergate, we remember the end of the Nixon Presidency. It came with an avalanche, but for most of the time my fellow reporters and I were chasing down the story as it rumbled along with a low-grade intensity. We never were quite sure how much we would find out about what really happened. In the end, the truth emerged into the light, and President Nixon descended into infamy.
This Russia story started out with an avalanche and where we go from here no one really knows. Each piece of news demands new questions. We are still less than a month into the Trump Presidency, and many are asking that question made famous by Tennessee Senator Howard Baker those many years ago: "What did the President know, and when did he know it?" New reporting suggests that Mr. Trump knew for weeks. We can all remember the General Michael Flynn's speech from the Republican National Convention - "Lock her up!" in regards to Hillary Clinton. If Hillary Clinton had done one tenth of what Mr. Flynn had done, she likely would be in jail. And it isn't just Mr. Flynn, how far does this go?
The White House has no credibility on this issue. Their spigot of lies - can't we finally all agree to call them lies - long ago lost them any semblance of credibility. I would also extend that to the Republican Congress, who has excused away the Trump Administration's assertions for far too long.
We need an independent investigation. Damn the lies, full throttle forward on the truth. If a scriptwriter had approached Hollywood with what we are witnessing, he or she would probably have been told it was way too far-fetched for even a summer blockbuster. But this is not fiction. It is real and it is serious. Deadly serious. We deserve answers and those who are complicit in this scandal need to feel the full force of justice. :popcorn:

drew
February 15th, 2017, 08:24 AM
Yep...

tigeraid
February 15th, 2017, 09:07 AM
This is an excellent, logical read. And a little terrifying.

http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/176243/tomgram%3A_michael_klare%2C_a_%22china_first%22_an d_%22russia_second%22_foreign_policy/#more

As President Trump has made clear in recent weeks, however, his primary strategic priorities do not include the advancement of America’s status in the race for global strategic preeminence. Instead, as indicated by the outline of his “America First Foreign Policy” posted on the White House website, his top objectives are the extermination of what he calls “radical Islamic terrorism” and the enhancement of America’s overseas trade balance. Just how vital these objectives may be in the larger scheme of things has been the subject of considerable debate, but few have noted that Trump has completely abandoned any notion that the U.S. is engaged in a global struggle for power and wealth with two potentially fierce competitors, each possessing its own plan for achieving “greatness.”

And it’s not just that Trump seems to have abandoned the larger geopolitical playing field to America’s principal rivals. He appears to be doing everything in his power to facilitate their advance at the expense of the United States. In just the first few weeks of his presidency, he has already taken numerous steps that have put the wind in both China’s and Russia’s sails, while leaving the U.S. adrift.

“There’s no doubt that this action will be seen as a huge, huge win for China,” said Michael Froman, the trade representative who negotiated the TPP under President Obama. “For the Trump administration, after all this talk about being tough on China, for their first action to basically hand the keys to China and say we’re withdrawing from our leadership position in this region is geo-strategically damaging.”

In conjunction with America’s NATO allies, President Obama sought to curb Putin’s plans by imposing tough economic sanctions on Russia and by bolstering the defenses of NATO’s front-line states. Last July, at a NATO summit in Warsaw, he and the leaders of Britain, Canada, and Germany agreed to deploy reinforced battalions to Poland and the three Baltic states as a deterrent to any future Russian attack on those countries. Had she been elected president, Hillary Clinton was expected to step up the pressure further on Moscow.

For Trump, however, Putin’s transgressions in Europe and elsewhere seem to be of little consequence in comparison to his possible collaboration in fighting the Islamic State. “I think it would be great if we got along with Russia because we could fight ISIS together,” he declared during the second presidential debate last October. As for NATO and the Europeans, Trump has indicated little sympathy for their worries about Moscow and has shown little inclination to increase America’s contributions to their defense. Not only did he claim that NATO was “obsolete” last March, insisting that it wasn’t doing enough to fight terrorism, but that it was “unfair, economically, to us,” because “it really helps them more so than the United States, and we pay a disproportionate share.”

Since assuming the presidency, President Trump has behaved as if Russia were indeed a key ally-in-waiting and the NATO powers were former lovers who had lost their appeal. Yes, he met with British Prime Minister Theresa May before any other foreign leader, but he remained silent when she spoke of the need to maintain pressure on Moscow through sanctions, making her look at that moment like an unwelcome houseguest.

How does this affect us? The biggest danger: that China and Russia will feel emboldened by Trump’s narrow-minded approach to seek geopolitical advantage in some area like the South China Sea or the Baltic Sea region that is either important to the United States or seen as bearing on its prestige and credibility. In that case, the president, feeling personally threatened or affronted on the issue of America’s presumed paramountcy, might respond forcefully, possibly igniting a major crisis with nuclear implications. Even if such a crisis is avoided, it’s likely that American influence in such areas as Eastern Europe and South Asia will diminish, resulting in fewer trade opportunities and possibly a rollback of rights and liberties (which could, of course, happen in the U.S. as well).

Tom Servo
February 15th, 2017, 10:48 AM
I'm so confused. Are these illegal leaks or fake news?

FaultyMario
February 15th, 2017, 10:50 AM
As more pieces of the russian puzzle are made public, I believe we're headed for war.

I think Trump will not deny the facts he will instead shift focus, first onto the bad messenger, fake news, etcetera. Remember he is a popular president, he has galvanized audiences and those that like him, like him a lot. There's that poll saying that 25% of his followers believe in non-existent terrorist attacks. That's the early adopters among his consumer base.

That brings me to next point, he is no politician. He's a TV marketer, he has consumers not constituents. And the next play, would be some sort of media fireworks to make more people to agree with him, maybe even a tactical loss, something like a modern Night of the Long Knives, where allies and aides become "those thugs" that "betrayed the president's trust" by playing cozy to the FSB.

That would in turn gain him some time, but, the US being a country of institutions, that's not gonna hold up a long time, so the next logical step is war. And I think that we Mexicans are a viable candidate. It's either us or some other less militarized country, not Iran or NK or a big one. But one that he can bully.

MR2 Fan
February 15th, 2017, 11:06 AM
As more pieces of the russian puzzle are made public, I believe we're headed for war.

I think Trump will not deny the facts he will instead shift focus, first onto the bad messenger, fake news, etcetera. Remember he is a popular president, he has galvanized audiences and those that like him, like him a lot. There's that poll saying that 25% of his followers believe in non-existent terrorist attacks. That's the early adopters among his consumer base.

That brings me to next point, he is no politician. He's a TV marketer, he has consumers not constituents. And the next play, would be some sort of media fireworks to make more people to agree with him, maybe even a tactical loss, something like a modern Night of the Long Knives, where allies and aides become "those thugs" that "betrayed the president's trust" by playing cozy to the FSB.

That would in turn gain him some time, but, the US being a country of institutions, that's not gonna hold up a long time, so the next logical step is war. And I think that we Mexicans are a viable candidate. It's either us or some other less militarized country, not Iran or NK or a big one. But one that he can bully.

I don't disagree with you, let me state that first.

However I forsee another tactic being used. Trump and Bannon want more power, that's obvious. They'll probably stage some terror attack, blame muslims, then try to gain more power and time to "fight islam".

Having said that, I think the administration is falling much faster than any of them expected, and I doubt they'll have as much pull as they think. I believe a majority of people can see through the lies....the others are either plants, or just relying on far right news sources. I think that only makes up about 10-15% of the population. Other "supporters" are probably not paying much attention yet and taking a wait and see approach.

Trump's approval rating is lingering in less than 40% now...not even a month has gone by. It's going to keep dropping like an anchor with no change in sight.

Phil_SS
February 15th, 2017, 11:21 AM
Trump or any President can't go to war with approval from Congress.

Kchrpm
February 15th, 2017, 11:22 AM
He can say and do such inflammatory things that someone initiates war with us, though.

MR2 Fan
February 15th, 2017, 11:22 AM
Trump or any President can't go to war with approval from Congress.

"war"

Freude am Fahren
February 15th, 2017, 11:34 AM
lulz, as if that mattered in the lightest with these people...

tigeraid
February 15th, 2017, 11:43 AM
The last war that was declared by vote of Congress was in 1942. There are many ways to wage war. The main way is to label it a "policing action." Y'know, like Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan, Somalia, Yemin, Iraq.... Or pick whatever South American country Regan "policed" each week in the 80s.

21Kid
February 15th, 2017, 11:51 AM
I think (hope) that the senate will be a lot more cautious after the last fake "war" we got into.

Especially with how much the current administration has been proven to lie.

The359
February 15th, 2017, 11:53 AM
However I forsee another tactic being used. Trump and Bannon want more power, that's obvious. They'll probably stage some terror attack, blame muslims, then try to gain more power and time to "fight islam".

Not possible, his administration is already leaking worse than the Titanic. How would they pull off a conspiracy?

21Kid
February 15th, 2017, 11:56 AM
Andy Puzder, President Trump’s nominee for secretary of labor, is expected to withdraw his name from consideration, NBC News and Fox News reported Wednesday afternoon.

Puzder’s reported withdrawal comes a day after his Senate confirmation hearing was set to begin.

Earlier Wednesday, multiple reports surfaced that GOP officials had advised the White House that Puzder, chief executive of CKE Restaurants, lacked the votes needed for confirmation.

FaultyMario
February 15th, 2017, 12:26 PM
Win?

FaultyMario
February 15th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Not possible, his administration is already leaking worse than the Titanic.

Poor old Donnie, he's been swallowed by the swamp.

drew
February 15th, 2017, 12:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNaXdLWt17A

Tom Servo
February 15th, 2017, 03:17 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4uUqfeVUAA0FJY.jpg:large

Credit (https://twitter.com/DanAmira/status/831922156997074945)

drew
February 15th, 2017, 05:51 PM
:lol:

Crazed_Insanity
February 15th, 2017, 05:53 PM
It'd be really funny if we end up locking him up!

But it probably won't happen even if he is guilty of whatever...

Sad, little man
February 15th, 2017, 07:39 PM
The best part about all this is that the odds are getting better and better that Trump actually did pay hookers to pee on things.

Yw-slayer
February 15th, 2017, 10:05 PM
No, that I still think was inserted by a foreign agency to affect the perceived credibility of other allegations.

drew
February 16th, 2017, 02:32 AM
I'm pretty sure the hooker thing is moot. I'd bet a fair amount that Russia has something really YUGE on him.

Hooker piss, who cares? The guy said he liked to grab pussies. I would think that getting pissed on would just be a part of his repertoire.

It seems that more Congress folks (on both sides) are starting to see the big deal with the Flynn thing.

Add to that, his continuing tweets about how the "Intelligence" community is shit.... seriously, again. What the fuck.

FaultyMario
February 16th, 2017, 07:36 AM
For Billi and anyone interested in racist/colonial mentality. Part one of a 55 minute talk on Fanon's work. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omPUaAr0pLU)

Tom Servo
February 16th, 2017, 08:26 AM
We're going to find the leakers and they're going to pay a big price.

Well, I guess we know where he stands on whistleblowers now.

drew
February 16th, 2017, 08:37 AM
Jesus christ.

MR2 Fan
February 16th, 2017, 08:51 AM
so he only like leaks ON him and not ABOUT him, amirite?

Cam
February 16th, 2017, 08:57 AM

Freude am Fahren
February 16th, 2017, 09:35 AM
ABC just asked if the leaks are real, or fake news. Trump responded, "The leaks are real, the news is fake."

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING HERE!?

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

Tom Servo
February 16th, 2017, 10:30 AM
Trump just asked April Ryan, a black journalist, if she was friends with the Congressional Black Caucus. Ya know. 'Cause she's black.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/832306792101212162

Tom Servo
February 16th, 2017, 10:32 AM
John King of CNN is saying that a GOP senator texted him during the press conference saying "He should do this with a therapist, not on live TV"

Cam
February 16th, 2017, 10:36 AM

drew
February 16th, 2017, 10:54 AM
I threw my money on 4 months. Meaning, he'd be out within the first 4 months.

Fucking hell.

Kchrpm
February 16th, 2017, 10:55 AM
*checks Twitter*

Ten posts about how he seems insane. One to two posts about how he roasted the media and put them in their place. Repeat.

Tom Servo
February 16th, 2017, 10:55 AM
We've begun preparing to repeal and replace Obamacare. Obamacare is a disaster, folks. It's a disaster. I know you can say, oh, Obamacare. I mean, they fill up our alleys with people that you wonder how they get there, but they are not the Republican people that our representative are representing.

:?

Kchrpm
February 16th, 2017, 10:57 AM
He means all the protesters are not Republicans telling their representatives to not repeal are not Republicans, and therefore Republicans in Congress don't represent them. Which isn't true, but that's what he believes.

Tom Servo
February 16th, 2017, 11:05 AM
Assuming that's what he was trying to say (alleys?), you might want to look into a potentially extremely lucrative career as his translator.

novicius
February 16th, 2017, 11:08 AM
I threw my money on 4 months. Meaning, he'd be out within the first 4 months.

Fucking hell.
I thought he'd be voted out at re-election. Now I'm firmly convinced that this is what the majority of U.S. voting blocks want: victory over "libtards" at any cost. #shrug

MR2 Fan
February 16th, 2017, 11:37 AM
I thought he'd be voted out at re-election. Now I'm firmly convinced that this is what the majority of U.S. voting blocks want: victory over "libtards" at any cost. #shrug

Yes, but we can only hope that the sleeping majority (those who weren't voting) will wake up and realize that our country REALLY IS at stake this time, and actually vote out those who are still supporting Trump.

novicius
February 16th, 2017, 11:41 AM
I just don't think they care.

Jason
February 16th, 2017, 11:46 AM

If you look around in enough places, this is exactly what you'll find. A large voting block doesn't give a damned about policy, other than 'the government sucks'. They very much do care about 'lol suck it liberal losers, go back to your mommies, snowflakes' etc.

Crazed_Insanity
February 16th, 2017, 12:12 PM
For Billi and anyone interested in racist/colonial mentality. Part one of a 55 minute talk on Fanon's work. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omPUaAr0pLU)

Hey, thanks for introducing me to Fanon, listened thru that over lunch today. Have to admit most of which went over my head... ;)

The thing that got me thinking was yeah, after we protest and rebel, assuming that we won..., what do we want?

What can we put in place to ensure that black lives matter and the gap between the rich and the poor stay manageable?

If only people truly follow Christ's teachings, not the modern day version of Christianity..., then perhaps we'll be set.

Or more realistically, if we can have politicians who are like Bernie Sanders in the white house, congress and the supreme court..., then perhaps we'll be set?

Dream on...

I guess this is probably one of the reasons why I don't enjoy joining any protests. Not that I don't give a damn, but even if I won the protest, what will I put in place that's better than before?

After Trump is impeached. There's still Pence. After Pence is somehow removed, there's still Ryan. After all republicans are removed by the silent angered majority..., we'll still have crooked democrats in place to help the rich get richer. Something fundamental has to be changed, but fuck... how?

I guess I can only pray about it. Sigh...

21Kid
February 16th, 2017, 12:35 PM
:(

Kchrpm
February 16th, 2017, 12:40 PM
I think the idea of the protests is to show that we care and are watching, so whoever is in charge, you can't just do crazy shit and lie and expect the public to not notice, to not care. It's about making sure they have accountability.

drew
February 16th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Right, but with this group, it all means shit, because they're trying to discredit everyone.

Even when they step on their own dicks in contradiction of shit they said as recently as a week ago...

The fuck?

MR2 Fan
February 16th, 2017, 02:37 PM
I think the idea of the protests is to show that we care and are watching, so whoever is in charge, you can't just do crazy shit and lie and expect the public to not notice, to not care. It's about making sure they have accountability.

Agreed and I think it will make other people take notice who may not have been paying attention. When you have the largest protests in history, spanning 7 continents, ONE day after an election, that's big.

tigeraid
February 16th, 2017, 05:20 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/l3GH1CCZOPMsg/giphy-downsized-large.gif

Sad, little man
February 16th, 2017, 06:33 PM
You'd better listen up, as you'll also be under the persistent debris cloud that results after we start trading nuclear ICBMs with NKorea/Russia/China/Iran (once they get them.) I think you guys have it cold enough without a ton of ash and dust blocking out the majority of sunlight. And just a reminder, our policy with regard to nuclear weapons allows Trump to launch them at any given time without any approval from anyone, within about four minutes of him deciding to do so.

FaultyMario
February 16th, 2017, 07:05 PM
I think Iran has got them. They don't know how to make them, but they've bought a few.

Crazed_Insanity
February 16th, 2017, 07:33 PM
You know, to be fair to Trump, stock market is still doing quite well since election. When was the last time we can have Russian ship this close... Dictator launching missiles... Not to mention lots of provocative actions done lately whether at US or abroad... Doomsday clock also inched closer to our impending doom...

but the investors are still bullish about the future.

The man can do no wrong apparently. Or are all investors conservatives? Market sort of crashed during election night.., all liberal investors must've dumped their stocks and conservative investors just gobbled them up?

I can't figure this out.

Tom Servo
February 16th, 2017, 07:38 PM
He's talking about deregulating everything. He just gleefully rolled back Obama's law that makes it harder for coal mining companies to contaminate waterways. It's a bubble, the irrational exuberance just before the actual consequences happen.

Kinda like what happened under George W.

So, Fox News are reporting that Trump knew exactly what Flynn discussed with Russia on every single call he made. Ya know, the one he doesn't call fake news. So, who in the GOP do we think has the goods that actually got the metaphorical nuclear button pushed?

Freude am Fahren
February 17th, 2017, 06:18 AM
The whole Flynn thing; was it illegal what he actually did by talking to them? Or was it just that he lied about it? Because if Trump knew (which he said he did, and if Flynn didn't do it, he was going to order him to anyway), how is that not a problem?

21Kid
February 17th, 2017, 07:04 AM
They are also rolling back the gun law that prohibited mentally-challenged people from owning guns. :smh: :( :mad:

Tom Servo
February 17th, 2017, 07:21 AM
The whole Flynn thing; was it illegal what he actually did by talking to them? Or was it just that he lied about it? Because if Trump knew (which he said he did, and if Flynn didn't do it, he was going to order him to anyway), how is that not a problem?

I'm not at all sure on that. If he did tell the Kremlin that they had every intention of removing sanctions when they came to power, I could definitely see that as subverting the current president. I'm not sure even that's illegal, because Flynn wasn't actually in any sort of governmental position at that point, he was just one of the president elect's henchmen.

I figure it's most likely not illegal, probably part of the reason that the FBI have said they have no intention of pursuing it. I think the actual issue is that it hurts the credibility of the administration when they that they aren't in cahoots with Putin, and that could potentially lose them some of the GOP support they need to get away with their shenanigans. They need the story to remain that they just respect Russia and would like their help putting down ISIS, not that Putin sees Trump as a useful idiot and is regularly manipulating him.

Crazed_Insanity
February 17th, 2017, 08:56 AM
He's talking about deregulating everything. He just gleefully rolled back Obama's law that makes it harder for coal mining companies to contaminate waterways. It's a bubble, the irrational exuberance just before the actual consequences happen.

Kinda like what happened under George W.

I don't think W's early period experienced this much irrational exuberance..., maybe it was because it had already happened during Bill Clinton's time. 9/11 also helped kept stock market down...

Anyway, just wondering what will be the trigger for the next financial meltdown. It has to be an outside factor as big as 9/11 or some sort of economic meltdown like 2008... So far it just seems there's nothing Trump can do wrong... 9/11 aside, there are talks about how 2008 was caused by 'regulations'. Perhaps that's why wall st is really looking forward to deregulation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrFSO62p0jk

neanderthal
February 17th, 2017, 04:32 PM
2008 was caused by lax oversight and DEregulation.

Go watch "The Big Short."

drew
February 18th, 2017, 05:03 AM
2018 will be 2008 all over again. Maybe worse.

Deregulate and privatize everything.

That always works well.

Fogelhund
February 19th, 2017, 07:58 AM
I posted about this on Facebook, but thoughts and prayers out to Sweden.

speedpimp
February 19th, 2017, 08:08 AM
Yes it is. Most definitely dark days indeed when Ace Of Base gets voted into the Swedish Heavy Metal Hall Of Fame.

G'day Mate
February 19th, 2017, 01:29 PM
:rolleyes:

My statement as to what's happening in Sweden was in reference to a story that was broadcast on @FoxNews concerning immigrants & Sweden.

drew
February 20th, 2017, 03:24 AM
Exactly. He gets his briefings from Fox News, rather than, you know, the actual intelligence agencies he has at his disposal, and ridicules at every turn..

G'day Mate
February 20th, 2017, 03:51 AM
Weirdly, he hasn't tweeted since. I'm not on Twitter but I check his page a few times a day for lulz, and that's the only tweet in over 24 hours now!

drew
February 20th, 2017, 04:29 AM
He's probably flying back from his "rally".

Seriously, the guy fucking won, why is he giving campaign rallies?

FaultyMario
February 20th, 2017, 04:44 AM
Because tiny penis.

drew
February 20th, 2017, 05:27 AM
Yep. "Look how great I am, because I think I am"

The359
February 20th, 2017, 07:14 AM
I think it's more that he's trying to avoid the media and speak directly to his cult of followers.

I personally know people who have been to his campaign rallies and were completely enamored with him.

drew
February 20th, 2017, 07:48 AM
Must be some good ass kool-aid

Rikadyn
February 20th, 2017, 08:05 AM
Must be some good ass kool-aid

ass-kool-aid?

MR2 Fan
February 20th, 2017, 09:49 AM
Russian Ambassador to the U.N. suddenly died today...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/vitaly-churkin-russias-ambassador-to-the-united-nations-dies-suddenly-1487613252?mod=e2tw

21Kid
February 20th, 2017, 12:28 PM
He's probably flying back from his "rally".

Seriously, the guy fucking won, why is he giving campaign rallies?TrumPence 2020... Gotta start campaigning.

Rikadyn
February 20th, 2017, 12:54 PM
TrumPence 2020... Gotta start campaigning.

Then it would be inappropriate for Congress to confirm any more positions during campaign season and they should be left for the next president

21Kid
February 20th, 2017, 01:02 PM
:nosetouch:

Freude am Fahren
February 20th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Then it would be inappropriate for Congress to confirm any more positions during campaign season and they should be left for the next president

:up:

I can't confirm it, but I saw on one of the news stations, that he has already filed paperwork for his 2020 campaign. Did it right the election or inauguration, can't remember.

Crazed_Insanity
February 20th, 2017, 02:15 PM
One thing I'm handing it to Trump is his ability to melt the markets up without doing anything.

Another thing I have to give Trump credit is his ability to think ahead with his marketing campaign.

The guy trade marked "Make America Great Again" soon after Mitt Romney lost out to Obama.

He has already trade marked his new slogan "Keep America Great!"

The guys is a social media genius!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/18/donald-trumps-new-2020-campaign-slogan-is-very-well-donald-trump/?utm_term=.adf3d1837219

Of course, I don't think he's that great of a public speaker. Doesn't check for facts and mistakenly let others to believe that Sweden suffered a terrorist attack. Of course while it is true that he never said terrorist attacks, but...

Anyway, maybe it's better that he sticks to tweeting.

Sad, little man
February 20th, 2017, 04:46 PM
Yes, you're right, he should tweet more. That's a good strategy.

Freude am Fahren
February 20th, 2017, 04:57 PM
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16832121_10155261869174305_892462520013390711_n.jp g?oh=92e60037fc1a35364cdfb4a7afc2f53c&oe=5936E694

Tom Servo
February 20th, 2017, 05:18 PM
Tangentially related, but Milo Yiannopoulis finally found the line that the alt-right cannot cross. A speech popped up showing him advocating essentially NAMBLA, that gay men should be able to have sex with underage boys.

CPAC has cancelled his appearance, Simon & Schuster have cancelled his book, and apparently a number of Breitbart employees are threatening to walk if he's not fired from there.

I guess bashing women, blacks, muslims, and trans people wasn't enough, but we found the line.

Of note as well, for all the people claiming "free speech!", I'm pretty sure all of these repercussions are nothing more than the free market at work.

neanderthal
February 20th, 2017, 06:42 PM
The Heritage Foundation was all "nuh uh!" when the Log Cabin republicans wanted space to speak at CPAC, in the name of "fambly valyas" but they're being curiously silent about this twat.

Very Christian of them.

Tom Servo
February 21st, 2017, 10:57 AM
Looks like Yiannapoulis wasn't fired, but presumably was politely requested to resign, which he has done.

Which, presumably, means he'll find a spot in Trump's cabinet in T-minus...

21Kid
February 21st, 2017, 11:44 AM
Probably as a Youth Activity Secretary.

If one doesn't exist yet, they'll just make it up.

Phil_SS
February 21st, 2017, 12:50 PM
Head of the Trump Youth? Wonder if they'l give out knives..........too early?

drew
February 21st, 2017, 01:08 PM

Trump Knives®

*Made in China

Freude am Fahren
February 21st, 2017, 03:16 PM
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/q81/p480x480/16864230_10212235609587956_8007686531409366319_n.j pg?oh=29e9576f4c18e6c5d9d3870aeb308c27&oe=594543F4

Fogelhund
February 21st, 2017, 11:04 PM
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff279/Fogelhund/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-02/16807370_1436956283064088_8900229738144673893_n.pn g

Crazed_Insanity
February 22nd, 2017, 05:11 AM

Tom Servo
February 24th, 2017, 01:05 PM
Post CPAC press briefing saw CNN, LA Times, NY Times, Politico, The Hill, The BBC, The Daily Mail (??), New York Daily News and BuzzFeed all banned from entering. Hearing AP and Time Magazine both boycotted the presser in protest.

This just hours after Donald Trump bragged about how much he loves the first amendment.

And a couple of months after Spicer said that Trump wouldn't ban specific media outlets because "That's what makes a democracy a democracy vs. a dictatorship."

Hey, he said it, not me.

Notably, all of the banned press outfits have run multiple stories about Russian connections to the Trump administration. Also recently, Priebus apparently tried to get the FBI to tell the press that there was no Russian connection, the FBI refused.

EDIT: Adding more news sources barred from presser.

drew
February 24th, 2017, 01:10 PM
I'm waiting for the FBI to just say "fuck you".

Especially after his twitter tantrum aimed directly at them earlier today.

Fuck Trump.

Cam
February 24th, 2017, 01:12 PM
Effing hell. :twitch: :smh:

FaultyMario
February 24th, 2017, 01:48 PM
When 45 threatens to stop aid to Mexico directed towards the war on drugs, i think the only sane answer comes from the book of the prophet Samuel when he said:

"I dare you, i double dare you motherfucker".

G'day Mate
February 24th, 2017, 05:31 PM
I hear the wall is waaaay ahead of schedule. What was the schedule for that anyway?

Crazed_Insanity
February 24th, 2017, 05:48 PM
"You can't always get what you want"

I guess their 'anthem' is aimed at liberals. I was wondering why trump would sing such a tune to his supporters.

FaultyMario
February 25th, 2017, 08:31 AM
Dave, who knows... How long do you bake pie in the sky?

The whole wall thing is just a sales pitch to dumb fucks. Some of the terrain where it's supposed to be built fall on private or autonomous land. Try to build anything there without the rightholders' acquiesce and you've got a court battle in your hands, no to mention some parts are also protected by environmental treaties and such. It's not at all like building on your own property.

Now it's super costly. So much that costs must outweigh benefits on a logarithmic scale.

If you want to finance it with a tax, it's you population fitting the bill. If you want to finance it by reducing aid, then, like in the property situation, you're gonna run into problems because some of those aid packages are part of bilateral and multilateral agreements, and you can't chop 'em without pissing off your partners and losing stuff you've already gained by negotiation.

Now, say it's paid for by stopping security aid.

Dumb, dumb, dumb idea.

The last 2 Mexican presidents have had legitimacy problems and the might of the civilian and armed forces have been used to hold them in power, at least as a coercive deterrent. Cut them that life line and the situation becomes very bad for American interests, as those two have been very loyal to the US. In the best case scenario, Mexicans choose a nationalist politician that takes heed from the critics currently asking "why must we be killing ourselves making sure drugs don't reach the US?, Let them deal with their problem there".

Fogelhund
February 25th, 2017, 09:39 AM
Donald J. TrumpVerified account‏@realDonaldTrump 5h5 hours ago
More
The media has not reported that the National Debt in my first month went down by $12 billion vs a $200 billion increase in Obama first mo.

I wonder how many dumb fucks actually believe this shit?

Donald J. TrumpVerified account‏@realDonaldTrump 15h15 hours ago
More
FAKE NEWS media knowingly doesn't tell the truth. A great danger to our country. The failing @nytimes has become a joke. Likewise @CNN. Sad!

Nuts.

drew
February 25th, 2017, 09:55 AM
Seems legit.

12 Billion in the first month.... I wonder if that accounts for the 12M he's spent on trips to FL, versus 12M the first YEAR Obama did fly-aways.

Jesus christ.

Freude am Fahren
February 25th, 2017, 05:49 PM
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16832322_1256696621088015_4117826408373502319_n.jp g?oh=cbd1d3ba556ce07945fc61890a9320e8&oe=59328CD8

Crazed_Insanity
February 25th, 2017, 06:58 PM
What do you guys think of the New Democratic leadership, Perez?

It seems Perez is still an 'established' politician... Sanders and warren progressive camp were in favor of Ellison... And when Ellison narrowly lost, crowd got angry..., but Perez at least promised to take on Ellison as his deputy...

Anyway, so I guess it's a slight improvement than Hillarys VP pick..., DNC is beginning to realize their old ways of doing things were over.

Anyway 2, progressives like sanders and warren are probably still being viewed as outsiders. They really should start a new party of their own. I don't see DNC capable of mounting any serious challenges over this clown president that we currently have. Pretty pathetic.

drew
February 26th, 2017, 08:05 AM
I wonder if Lincoln would fly coach.

speedpimp
February 26th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Pretty sure he wouldn't ride in a Ford to a theater.

2ndMoparMan
February 26th, 2017, 03:09 PM
/rimshot

G'day Mate
February 26th, 2017, 03:29 PM
Dave, who knows... How long do you bake pie in the sky?

Exactly. They're ahead of a schedule that was never published because it never existed. He's just making up stuff as it springs to mind.

In other news, the Ministry of Plenty has announced the overproduction of shoes by 483,961,202 pairs for the second half of the Sixth Third- Year Plan.

Sad, little man
February 26th, 2017, 06:10 PM
White House leaks information about Sean Spicer searching people's electronic devices in order to find out who is leaking information.

You know, more and more I feel like the Benny Hill theme is probably playing in the White House over and over on a continuous loop.

drew
February 27th, 2017, 07:28 AM
Exactly. This shit is making Hogan's Heroes look like a Frontline documentary.

Tom Servo
February 27th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Trump's offhand comment that health care reform is hard is a window into the mind of a man who realizes the jig is almost up. (http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/02/trump-nobody-knew-health-care-could-be-so-complicated.html?mid=twitter_nymag)

drew
February 27th, 2017, 11:31 AM
No way. He can run his business and the country. Because he's that goddamn good.

Tom Servo
February 27th, 2017, 11:47 AM
Slow down Donald Trump a bit and he becomes that drunken old man ranting in a bar. (https://twitter.com/JamesMelville/status/835090321713299456)

drew
February 27th, 2017, 01:26 PM
I think that very well may be the greatest shit I've seen, YET.

Freude am Fahren
February 27th, 2017, 02:39 PM
Someone did the same thing during the election, it was great. This is even better.

drew
February 27th, 2017, 02:56 PM
This Melville guy needs a Pulitzer.

Crazed_Insanity
February 27th, 2017, 05:58 PM

So if you're drunk and speed up a bit when you talk you can sound like a POTUS!

G'day Mate
February 27th, 2017, 06:01 PM
That's basically how my brewing channel on YouTube works ...

drew
February 28th, 2017, 04:10 AM
there's this (https://www.thelocal.de/20170227/in-pics-german-carnival-floats-show-trump-no-mercy)

balki
February 28th, 2017, 04:12 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how much foreign counties follow US politics.

Tom Servo
February 28th, 2017, 05:33 AM
True, though the Germans may be particularly sensitive to authoritarian fascists blaming terrorism on a specific religious group.

Fogelhund
February 28th, 2017, 06:06 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how much foreign counties follow US politics.

Given the degree to which such decisions, and economic impacts they have globally, it shouldn't amaze anyone.

drew
February 28th, 2017, 06:22 AM
Exactly. Which is why the general Trump supporters' "if you're not American, you have no say, so shut the fuck up" rebuttal is a little short-sighted.

Our leader and politics play a huge (YUGE) role on the global stage. To say it doesn't, you're living in a hole. (Al, not saying YOU are living in a hole :))

Fogelhund
February 28th, 2017, 07:16 AM
..and it's far from just economic impacts as well.... it's environmental decisions, social...

Yw-slayer
February 28th, 2017, 07:37 AM
http://www.theroot.com/muhammad-ali-jr-speaks-out-about-being-detained-at-a-f-1792811061

drew
February 28th, 2017, 08:44 AM
Yep. Because of the color of his skin and his name.

So what if he's a US-born citizen with US Passport?

FaultyMario
February 28th, 2017, 09:43 AM
I think the safeword now is "get out of my country".

sandydandy
March 1st, 2017, 08:22 AM
So the elephant in the room that nobody's taking about...Trump's speech last night. I thought it was decent. Looked presidential and showed that he had a heart and was capable of being...human. Even Van Jones wasn't crying last night, and sang his praises. Just hope he can follow up on what he said, and not go back to pandering to the toxic alt-right.

Some of what he talked about did irk me - in particular, setting up a special office for victims of immigrant crimes. That was bizarre, since offices for that sort of thing already exist, they're called the police and Homeland Security. Other than that he had some grand ideas, but I have no clue how he plans to pay for them. I'm glad he's open to the idea of softening his stance on illegal aliens and working toward a path to permanent residency, although he didn't mention that in his speech, I heard he did talk about it in a press conference.

Obviously a lot of what he said last night wasn't factual, but that's something we already knew about him.

I thought the Democrat response was excellent.

Freude am Fahren
March 1st, 2017, 08:29 AM
Please tell me there wasn't a special office in Germany in the 30's specifically for victims of crimes committed by Jews...

MR2 Fan
March 1st, 2017, 08:33 AM
So the elephant in the room that nobody's taking about...Trump's speech last night. I thought it was decent. Looked presidential and showed that he had a heart and was capable of being...human.

that's because he didn't write it

Tom Servo
March 1st, 2017, 08:54 AM
Yeah, I'm glad he was able to recite a written speech without stabbing himself in the eye.

Now, if any of his policies/appointments followed any of that, we might be working with something.

Crazed_Insanity
March 1st, 2017, 09:07 AM
I didn't bother listening to his speech. Glad to hear even liberals were not riled up by it. :up:

Leon
March 1st, 2017, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I'm glad he was able to recite a written speech without stabbing himself in the eye.

Now, if any of his policies/appointments followed any of that, we might be working with something.

Pretty much my thought too. When he is given a script, he can read it.

But then somebody will upset him, or ask him a question (where there isn't a scripted answer), and then the leopard will show his spots.

FaultyMario
March 1st, 2017, 10:08 AM
Please tell me there wasn't a special office in Germany in the 30's specifically for victims of crimes committed by Jews...

The Nazi Institute for Research on the Jewish Question kept files on crimes committed by Jews

and there's also:

http://www.breitbart.com/tag/black-crime/

drew
March 1st, 2017, 10:46 AM
I thought having the SEAL'S widow in the audience was fucking appalling. He's a piece of shit. He used her just like he used those stupid fucking piles of folders of "divestment". Especially when you consider he's putting his death on the generals, and Obama... You're the CiC, YOU are the ultimate success/failure. But he doesn't "lose", he just blames someone else, unless he wins.

Nothing he said last night had any substance. It was the same old campaign rah rah shit he's been saying for over a year. Which he's going to Orlando/Mar-a-lago this weekend, again, for more of the same.

All he proved last night, is that he can read, and that's no solace.

95 million not working: pretty sure that's BS, even if you're taking into account retired people and those too young to work.

balki
March 1st, 2017, 10:56 AM
... thought it was decent. Looked presidential ... he had some grand ideas, but I have no clue how he plans to pay for them... a lot of what he said last night wasn't factual, but that's something we already knew about him...I thought the Democrat response was excellent.
yes, yes and yes.
not a fan of every other sentence getting a standing ovation (usually from one half of the room)
If he can make the numbers add up I'm all for most of what he said.

95 million not working: pretty sure that's BS, even if you're taking into account retired people and those too young to work.
might not be BS (lots of young'ins, old folks, off the books peeps, college students, welfare mongers...). He did say one in five were unemployed.
Alternate fact of the day: 5% = 20%

MR2 Fan
March 1st, 2017, 10:58 AM

There's only 318 million people in the U.S. anyway! that would be like 1/3 of EVERYONE

drew
March 1st, 2017, 12:14 PM
Right, my point. He's conflating A: Those that can't work; B: those that are retired, resulting in some bullshit number that's nowhere near reality.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by anything at this point.

After all, Hitler was Obama's fault.

#AlternativeFactsFTMFW

21Kid
March 1st, 2017, 12:30 PM
I don't think anyone should be congratulated on being able to speak publicly without throwing a tantrum. That seems like the basic bar for entry. Which #45 has failed time and again. Just because he can keep a lid on it one time doesn't make up for the others.

Not to mention most of what he spoke about was completely false. You'd think telling the truth would be another minimum requirement. :smh:

Rikadyn
March 1st, 2017, 12:58 PM
but then there would be no politicians lawyers or capitalists...

Jason
March 1st, 2017, 01:25 PM
Uh yeah. As much as it'd be nice to have some truthing happen, not even the holiest of progressives tell the truth 100% of the time.

MR2 Fan
March 1st, 2017, 01:38 PM
Uh yeah. As much as it'd be nice to have some truthing happen, not even the holiest of progressives tell the truth 100% of the time.

IMO, It's one thing for politicians to skew certain statistics in their favor to prove a point, it's another to FLAT OUT LIE at every turn and have a group of supporters buy it with no questions asked. That's the scary part.

sandydandy
March 1st, 2017, 01:48 PM
I'm of the opinion that I'd very much like to believe in the 'new' Donald J. Trump. Maybe last night really was a reset/turning point that he intends to build on, or it was just theatre. Either way, the blatant lies have to go.

balki
March 1st, 2017, 02:35 PM
Don't think HRC would have been much better here (less lies, more two-face-edness)

Crazed_Insanity
March 1st, 2017, 05:42 PM
It's all democrat said republican said.

At least investors are optimistic and the markets are melting up again.

Until you can find a way to impeach the guy, might as well just hang on and enjoy the ride. Will DNC be able to come up with somebody who can beat Trump? Fingers crossed.

Sad, little man
March 1st, 2017, 05:48 PM
Hooo boy, the shit's gettin' deep now. May not have to wait too long on that impeachment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/sessions-spoke-twice-with-russian-ambassador-during-trumps-presidential-campaign-justice-officials-say/2017/03/01/77205eda-feac-11e6-99b4-9e613afeb09f_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_no-name%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.05f63808d5e4

neanderthal
March 1st, 2017, 06:24 PM
might not be BS (lots of young'ins, old folks, off the books peeps, college students, welfare mongers...). He did say one in five were unemployed.
Alternate fact of the day: 5% = 20%

For instance, the figure includes retirees, high school students over 16, undergraduate and graduate students, stay-at-home parents, disabled people, adults who are engaged in full-time education or training, and even trust-fund kids and those wealthy enough to be living off investments. Put it all together and this is not a trivial group of people. source

I'd goddam hope most high school kids, most college age kids and retirees were not employed, a bunch of disabled people etc, and that only a few of them would be seeking it.

neanderthal
March 1st, 2017, 06:37 PM
I don't think anyone should be congratulated on being able to speak publicly without throwing a tantrum. That seems like the basic bar for entry. Which #45 has failed time and again. Just because he can keep a lid on it one time doesn't make up for the others.

The bar for Presidential competency has been drastically lowered and people acting like it's all right. Like we're alright. No we ain't.

Not to mention most of what he spoke about was completely false. You'd think telling the truth would be another minimum requirement. :smh:

IMO, It's one thing for politicians to skew certain statistics in their favor to prove a point, it's another to FLAT OUT LIE at every turn and have a group of supporters buy it with no questions asked. That's the scary part.

A lyin can't change it's spots. (http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/)

I'm of the opinion that I'd very much like to believe in the 'new' Donald J. Trump. Maybe last night really was a reset/turning point that he intends to build on, or it was just theatre. Either way, the blatant lies have to go.

Actions speak louder than one speech. I'll believe Trump isn't out to only enrich himself and his cronies when he actually starts being a President for the whole country not just the wealthy few. Starts appointing people who are competent to cabinet positions. Starts paying attention to his intelligence briefings. No longer thinks he knows better than everyone. And stops going on vacation every fucking week. To his own f'n resort (emoluments clause, hello!!!!!!!!) His security bill in ONE MONTH OF OFFICE is already more than the Obamas for the last year.

Trump conjugates a coherent sentence and the media gets up and applauds. Hillary gave thoughtful cogent, coherent, thoughtful speeches and they went "meh!"

drew
March 2nd, 2017, 03:47 AM
Trump conjugates a coherent sentence and the media gets up and applauds. Hillary gave thoughtful cogent, coherent, thoughtful speeches and they went "meh!"

My thoughts on his "voters":

Trumpites: You voted for him because he's "not politically correct" (this was an actual response from someone I know in IN (on FB) and says what you think without any filter. These are the people that will buy into it completely. They're also the ones that will be fucked over the most when IT happens. The writing's been on the wall for months, until they feel the head go in, they'll never see anything wrong. Trump Rules, he's their orange messiah.

Party-Line voting Republicans: I know some in this group, pretty sure one is my father. All I have to say is, you voted for him, because he's republican. You have no right to bitch about anything he does/says. In fact, I remember some disgust/disappointment being expressed about him before he was even the nominee. This is why I don't discuss politics with family.

Third-Party/Clinton protest voters: Congrats. This is just as much on you as it is the first two groups. But the difference is, you KNEW better. Johnson/Stein had NO chance. None.

Of course, there's the popular vote vs college, so....fuck it.

This man will go down as the worst/most corrupt/most inept/most incompetent president in history. Hopefully with the shortest term in history. There's no way the GOP would impeach him though, at least, yet. They still have a lot of shit to rush through before they'll toss him out like a used condom (implying of course they'd have the courtesy of using a condom before fucking us). He's their master clown in the center ring waving hands and juggling flaming chainsaws. They can't afford to lose that distraction at this point.

Again, we're only 40-odd days in...

jfc

Crazed_Insanity
March 2nd, 2017, 07:36 AM
I thought majority of the media were Hillary leaning. Evan Fox didn't always see eye to eye with trump..., well, now that Kelly's gone fox does seem to fall back under party line...

Anyway, trump supporters were right to put in an outsider to fix our political problem, but at the same time, wrong to put a billionaire to office to fix problems caused by billionaires...

The359
March 2nd, 2017, 08:34 AM
Hopefully with the shortest term in history.

He's already outlasted William Henry Harrison. ;)

neanderthal
March 2nd, 2017, 08:38 AM
I thought majority of the media were Hillary leaning. Evan Fox didn't always see eye to eye with trump..., well, now that Kelly's gone fox does seem to fall back under party line...

Anyway, trump supporters were right to put in an outsider to fix our political problem, but at the same time, wrong to put a billionaire to office to fix problems caused by billionaires...

So how much free press did Hillary get? How much scrutinising was done of what she said versus what he said? How often was it repeated that her emails were a problem (wait, didn't you vote for some alternate quack because you were duped into thinking she is untrustworthy?) her use of a private server was problematic and how are the same standards being applied to the current regime? Was anything Trump claimed ("we're gonna build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it, she is going straight to jail on my first day, repeal obamacare on my first day," etc) actually scrutinised for verity, ability to execute, probability etc? Hillary got press that said she is untrustworthy. Did Trump get that sort of press. Get the fuck out of here with that false equivalency shit.

And what does that last sentence even mean? Have you seen what the first 40 days of office look like for an outsider. I'll give you a hint. It looks like an abortion gone wrong! This outsider nonsense of yours.. got me on my last nerve. Do you go to your tax preparer to get your teeth done. Coz hes outside the nefarious dental mafia?

Do you listen to yourself at all?

neanderthal
March 2nd, 2017, 08:38 AM
My thoughts on his "voters":

Trumpites: You voted for him because he's "not politically correct" (this was an actual response from someone I know in IN (on FB) and says what you think without any filter. These are the people that will buy into it completely. They're also the ones that will be fucked over the most when IT happens. The writing's been on the wall for months, until they feel the head go in, they'll never see anything wrong. Trump Rules, he's their orange messiah.

Party-Line voting Republicans: I know some in this group, pretty sure one is my father. All I have to say is, you voted for him, because he's republican. You have no right to bitch about anything he does/says. In fact, I remember some disgust/disappointment being expressed about him before he was even the nominee. This is why I don't discuss politics with family.

Third-Party/Clinton protest voters: Congrats. This is just as much on you as it is the first two groups. But the difference is, you KNEW better. Johnson/Stein had NO chance. None.

Of course, there's the popular vote vs college, so....fuck it.

This man will go down as the worst/most corrupt/most inept/most incompetent president in history. Hopefully with the shortest term in history. There's no way the GOP would impeach him though, at least, yet. They still have a lot of shit to rush through before they'll toss him out like a used condom (implying of course they'd have the courtesy of using a condom before fucking us). He's their master clown in the center ring waving hands and juggling flaming chainsaws. They can't afford to lose that distraction at this point.

Again, we're only 40-odd days in...

jfc

Preach!

neanderthal
March 2nd, 2017, 08:43 AM
Hillary needs to go every where telling errbody "I told y'all." Starbucks, the hair salon, the pantsuit store, golf clubs, foundation dinners, charity balls, dogcatchers weekly poker night, the bus stop, little league games, maybe even wearing a damn T shirt that says that.
Heck, it needs to be the title of her tell all book that she's writing, hopefully right fucking now.

I can't believe half the people that voted ...

Nevermind the ones that didn't...

MR2 Fan
March 2nd, 2017, 08:53 AM
Minor good news for those unfortunate enough to live in Kansas...Kansas Supreme Court rules schools were underfunded

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C57a7EbVAAAymHl.jpg:large

neanderthal
March 2nd, 2017, 09:09 AM
Trickle down economic theory in effect...

Crazed_Insanity
March 2nd, 2017, 10:03 AM
So how much free press did Hillary get?
Trump got a lot of negative free press. Bernie Sanders got eve less press than HRC.

Trump just knows how to get attention, whether good or bad. For sure our media is not siding with Trump... nor was it siding with Sanders. They just inadvertently gave Trump free press. They thought negative publicity would hurt him, but being the master manipulator that he is, he used it to his advantage.

How much scrutinising was done of what she said versus what he said?
I see the media fact checking Trump all the time..., and Trump has pretty consistently be proven wrong. It's his supporters that don't care, I don't think it's the media's fault.

How often was it repeated that her emails were a problem (wait, didn't you vote for some alternate quack because you were duped into thinking she is untrustworthy?) her use of a private server was problematic and how are the same standards being applied to the current regime?
I think you're getting into partisan politics. Republicans are good at this. Whether it's a server or a stained dress..., Democrats really need to learn from the Republicans with regard to digging dirt... whether real or not. Still, there are still some digging around... otherwise we won't have any Russian scandals. Still, liberal media and democrats usually dig too little too late most of the time... Anyway, maybe conservatives are just more immuned to bad news of their candidates? I still cannot believe how Trump survived that cat grabbing incident...

Was anything Trump claimed ("we're gonna build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it, she is going straight to jail on my first day, repeal obamacare on my first day," etc) actually scrutinised for verity, ability to execute, probability etc? Hillary got press that said she is untrustworthy. Did Trump get that sort of press.
I've certainly seen press about all these topics. Other than the super rightie media, I really don't think majority of US media is reporting that our president is a fact based truth teller. Like I said, it's just that Trump supporter don't care and believe media is generating fake news.

And what does that last sentence even mean? Have you seen what the first 40 days of office look like for an outsider. I'll give you a hint. It looks like an abortion gone wrong! This outsider nonsense of yours.. got me on my last nerve. Do you go to your tax preparer to get your teeth done. Coz hes outside the nefarious dental mafia?
It meant his supporters thought they're voting for the right guy, but they're wrong.

The right guy should've been bernie sanders. Although a career politician, but a true 'outsider'.

Our political problems are caused to billionaires corrupting our government..., maybe it'll take a billionaire to fight other billionaires, but so far, Trump hasn't won me over yet.

Do you listen to yourself at all?
Yes I do... and I do have occasional typos; however, your anger has consistently distort the words/ideas that I said. You should try to tone down your anger level prior to reading my posts. If you can't tone it down, then it's better you ignore my posts for your own benefit.

drew
March 2nd, 2017, 11:43 AM
He's already outlasted William Henry Harrison. ;)

Well, fuck.

I went to high school in BFE Indiana, I place the blame there.

neanderthal
March 2nd, 2017, 04:58 PM
Trump got a lot of negative free press. Bernie Sanders got eve less press than HRC.

Trump just knows how to get attention, whether good or bad. For sure our media is not siding with Trump... nor was it siding with Sanders. They just inadvertently gave Trump free press. They thought negative publicity would hurt him, but being the master manipulator that he is, he used it to his advantage.

I see the media fact checking Trump all the time..., and Trump has pretty consistently be proven wrong. It's his supporters that don't care, I don't think it's the media's fault.

I think you're getting into partisan politics. Republicans are good at this. Whether it's a server or a stained dress..., Democrats really need to learn from the Republicans with regard to digging dirt... whether real or not. Still, there are still some digging around... otherwise we won't have any Russian scandals. Still, liberal media and democrats usually dig too little too late most of the time... Anyway, maybe conservatives are just more immuned to bad news of their candidates? I still cannot believe how Trump survived that cat grabbing incident...

I've certainly seen press about all these topics. Other than the super rightie media, I really don't think majority of US media is reporting that our president is a fact based truth teller. Like I said, it's just that Trump supporter don't care and believe media is generating fake news.

It meant his supporters thought they're voting for the right guy, but they're wrong.

The right guy should've been bernie sanders. Although a career politician, but a true 'outsider'.

Our political problems are caused to billionaires corrupting our government..., maybe it'll take a billionaire to fight other billionaires, but so far, Trump hasn't won me over yet.

Yes I do... and I do have occasional typos; however, your anger has consistently distort the words/ideas that I said. You should try to tone down your anger level prior to reading my posts. If you can't tone it down, then it's better you ignore my posts for your own benefit.

Jesus.

Do you think billionaires care about your dumb ass enough to get into politics to fix errthang? To their own detriment? Because any fix necessarily relies on taxes for the wealthy going up. That means they themselves would suffer the effects of their own governance. You're a special kind of slow...

I was going to respond to all you said but that part that I responded to reminded me why you're on perma ignore by several people here. Your ability to ingest information, analyse that data, assess its potential outcomes, project an outcome etc, is seriously flawed. Trump didn't run to be President for the people.If he did, name one thing that indicates that those are his intentions. Trump ran for attention. To stroke his own ego. Things cannon balled and now he is there to cash in. Switch on!!!!

I should go back to ignoring you.

Crazed_Insanity
March 2nd, 2017, 07:27 PM
You really should. Not sure why you haven't. Thanks for your patience thus far.

novicius
March 3rd, 2017, 04:02 AM
At the very least stop quoting him. :rolleyes:

drew
March 3rd, 2017, 04:06 AM
If anybody thinks Trump is going to help anyone out except Trump, they're smoking some serious shit.

He's the epitome of "narcissist", he only cares about one thing, himself.

If some of his billionaire buddies benefit from anything he does, it's just a fringie.

But he's only doing the shit he's doing (or will do), because it will ultimately benefit him in the end.

He doesn't give one solitary fuck about anyone else, much less, us regular peons.

Jesus, take your head out of the sand. This is nothing new, and everybody knew this was coming, long before he was sworn in. Made obvious by his cabinet picks.

At this rate, there will be two very distinct social/economic classes: the billionaires, and everybody else living out of boxes. There will be no "middle" class with his "plan". Which is exactly what they want. It makes them easier to foreclose on your shit and acquire more wealth.

Cam
March 3rd, 2017, 04:30 AM
Hunger Games: coming soon.

balki
March 3rd, 2017, 06:00 AM
drew, you're clearly wrong: he said he was going to build a great wall, spend $1T on infrastructure, fix healthcare and lower taxes for the middle class and corporations. Problems solved.
Don't forget he's going to strengthen the military, both defensively and offensively (yet no mention of taking proper care of our vets :angry:)

drew
March 3rd, 2017, 07:43 AM
Oh, and bring back coal mining jobs, and manufacturing job unlike we've ever seen....

Maybe he's going to give everybody a manufacturing job, assembling the robots to manufacture everything else.

21Kid
March 3rd, 2017, 09:13 AM
At the very least stop quoting him. :rolleyes:uh-huh.

However, there are a few good billionaires out their Mo.
https://givingpledge.org/
As of June{2015}, 137 ultra-wealthy individuals and families have joined the effort, with some pledging to allocate more than 99% of their money to philanthropy.

Crazed_Insanity
March 3rd, 2017, 11:17 AM
I'll vote for mark zuckerberg whenever he's running for president.

The other billionaire I know enough to trust would be Musk, but unfortunately he doesn't qualify...

I would think most other billionaires can't really be trusted... Okay maybe the old Bill Gates would do better than Trump...

If I were a billionaire and really want to make this world a better place... Becoming the POTUS must be the last thing on my mind... Gotta be suspicious of a billionaires motive for running...

sandydandy
March 3rd, 2017, 02:19 PM
uh-huh.

However, there are a few good billionaires out their Mo.
https://givingpledge.org/
As of June{2015}, 137 ultra-wealthy individuals and families have joined the effort, with some pledging to allocate more than 99% of their money to philanthropy. Like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMfzR9Lu-os

21Kid
March 3rd, 2017, 05:30 PM
Nice :D :up:

neanderthal
March 3rd, 2017, 08:31 PM
Very cool.

But, ... exception, not the rule.

MR2 Fan
March 3rd, 2017, 10:48 PM
In other news that is more of a local thing related to Disney World....they have a long-standing "Hall of Presidents" attraction, and every new President that gets elected, they add them to the attraction at the end.

Starting with Bill Clinton in 1992, they even had a speaking part at the end.

Disney had briefly closed the attraction in preparation for whoever gets elected, then was planning to keep the attraction down til June to refresh it. Now I'm hearing that they're going to just delay re-opening it indefinitely at this point, since they have no idea who will be President by June or what the reaction will be of the public once it DOES re-open. (the insider I'm hearing this from said they were even afraid of fist fights breaking out)so I received

Interestingly, the president who was in office when the attraction first opened was Richard Nixon.

G'day Mate
March 4th, 2017, 02:43 AM
Trump accusing Obama of McCarthyism :lol: That'll show that Muslim Kenyan who's boss!

drew
March 4th, 2017, 07:12 AM
You just can't keep up with this shit.

21Kid
March 4th, 2017, 09:29 AM
I feel bad for The Onion. :(

Freude am Fahren
March 4th, 2017, 09:36 AM
When Trump denies Russian ties, I don't necessarily doubt him. I don't really think he colluded with Russia, or agreed to do anything it because of direct Russian influence/blackmail. I think it's more likely he's a complete puppet and had no idea he was being manipulated.

Crazed_Insanity
March 4th, 2017, 12:38 PM
How can there be no ties?
I kinda doubt that.

Whether impeached/resigned or not, it still won't give me any satisfaction to see Pence or Ryan in charge.

Freude am Fahren
March 4th, 2017, 12:38 PM
I'm talking about him specifically, not his campaign.

Crazed_Insanity
March 4th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Pretty much everyone around him has certain Russia ties, is it really just Putin playing and manipulating him like an unknowing puppet? Like I said, kinda doubt that.

Tom Servo
March 4th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Most of what I'm reading right now says that Trump spazzing out at 4 in the morning about being wiretapped was pretty much the worst thing he could have done. There are only two outcomes:

1) He's a crazy person who read this on some site like Infowars and is now retweeting conspiracy theories with no evidence or

2) There was a wiretap, which means that the federal government had enough probable cause to get a FISA warrant, and he is under investigation.

So either he's got considerable evidence against him or he's crazy.

Tom Servo
March 4th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Imagine if u honestly uncovered a Watergate-level scandal abt yr own presidency, but then 30 min later got bored & started tweeting about TV (https://twitter.com/davidgross_man/status/838022813550329858)

Freude am Fahren
March 4th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Most of what I'm reading right now says that Trump spazzing out at 4 in the morning about being wiretapped was pretty much the worst thing he could have done. There are only two outcomes:

1) He's a crazy person who read this on some site like Infowars and is now retweeting conspiracy theories with no evidence or

2) There was a wiretap, which means that the federal government had enough probable cause to get a FISA warrant, and he is under investigation.

So either he's got considerable evidence against him or he's crazy.

Yup, and none of that matters. No facts matter anymore. We live in a post-fact world now.

MR2 Fan
March 4th, 2017, 04:20 PM
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Y23CnLZF14M/WD3DUTpEx3I/AAAAAAAAVjE/P-BpgN5FGKwgzkSqZ-bTRODVMOKjcObzQCLcB/s640/TruthinTrumpEra.jpg

Freude am Fahren
March 4th, 2017, 04:27 PM
Yup

Taimar
March 4th, 2017, 06:54 PM

There wasn't a specific agency, but the Nazis absolutely did do this. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/03/02/adolf-hitler-also-published-a-list-of-crimes-committed-by-groups-he-didnt-like/?utm_term=.89d364c929b2)

drew
March 5th, 2017, 03:29 AM
It certainly seems to be raining shit on Trump this week. Despite his "reset" to "being presidential" on Tuesday's address (fucking media, they should have called it like it was, a guy reading shit from a script). Nobody was fooled by it. He's right back to (not that he departed) his same old shit.

Add to that, this: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-russia-republican-pro-putin-ukraine-stance-rnc-ambassador-kislyak-meeting-a7610621.html

My money is still on Pence being #46 at the 4 month mark. People are going to lose their shit if the fucking GOP just sits by and does nothing. After the witch hunt with Benghazi, and HRC's emails, they do NOTHING when there's actual substantiation to some nefarious shit.

Fuck them all. I hope their reckoning comes on Nov 6 2018.

speedpimp
March 5th, 2017, 05:19 AM
Drew, no condom for the GOP. The De-Trumping/Re-Pence-ing will be skipping straight past the money shot and going right to ATM.

How long until The Purge starts?

Freude am Fahren
March 5th, 2017, 10:16 AM
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17021708_10154845956405240_6447137311076514258_n.j pg?oh=a52f0aa88f6f6702ef97dead4532b6b4&oe=5970C056

neanderthal
March 5th, 2017, 11:57 AM
"Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man." James Haning II. from twitter.

speedpimp
March 5th, 2017, 12:02 PM
Such tiny hands.

drew
March 5th, 2017, 03:09 PM

speedpimp
March 5th, 2017, 03:30 PM
Heh.

G'day Mate
March 5th, 2017, 06:50 PM
North Korea just tested nuclear capable ballistic missiles again.

Ordinarily I wouldn't be quite so nervous ...

Sad, little man
March 6th, 2017, 02:47 AM
Don't worry. Trump has been spending so much time up his own asshole lately, I doubt he'll even notice.

FaultyMario
March 6th, 2017, 07:37 AM
Yeah, I think they can reach Alaska but not Australia. You live in the south, right?

Crazed_Insanity
March 6th, 2017, 07:52 AM
We also have anti-missile missiles!

FaultyMario
March 6th, 2017, 12:21 PM
Good to know!!!

neanderthal
March 6th, 2017, 11:15 PM
Charles Clymer (twitter) had this to say that I fully agree with.

"It's difficult for me to buy the "listen to Trump voters" reasoning as if by hearing them out, profound insight will emerge

I swear I lose a little respect for the liberals who say this. I really do. It smacks of the worst naivete. There is no mystery here.

Trump was SO clear about what he said he would do, and he was SO very clear about hs lack of knowledge on anything.

He *said* he would ban Muslims, and build a wall, and ail women for having abortions and on an on

The media, even conservative media, would report on his failures as a business exec, lack of knowledge, etc, all of it.

Either Trump voters relate to his racism, sexism, etc and/ or they're fucking morons who deserve scorn. There is no in between.

I'm tired of fellow liberals acting as though Trump voters were hoodwinked with complex policy crosstalk. They weren't. Didn't happen.

And i'm really tires of these occasional articles about some liberal researcher who went out the "heartland" and reports back

with some ridiculous nonsense that all we have to do is create a dialogue with Trump voters and win them back.

I read a book recently about this very "suggestion." A researcher went to Louisiana for months to survey Trump voters.

I forgot the authors name but her thesis was that we just need to find common ground with folks and all will improve. No it won't.

The author had hundred and hundreds of interview transcripts. So much research. But you know what it is missing?

It was missing pushback. The author didn't question her subjects uninformed and/ or bigoted responses TO THEIR FACE.

You don't have to be mean to question some's logic. You just ask for more information and present facts/ data that contradict it.

But none of these so called "liberal authors" (which is what they use for clickbait titles) did this. None push back against these views.

And in thse so called "field studies," there is the undeniable stench of liberal guilt over being informed or having an education.

These liberal researchers who "survey" Trump voters want SDO badly to be linked and insulate against the "elitist liberal" steretype

that they sully an information collected with this apologetic "I promise i'm not elitist" bullshit approach. They don't push back.

How goes gay marriage affect you? What is the GOP's plan for health insurance? What government assistance do you receive?

Trump lied about this, this, and this. Here is proof on paper. Why do you feel comfortable supporting a "leader" who does this?

Nope. We do't get that. These interviews by "liberal researchers" are open- ended bullshit sessions. Non stop cognitive dissonance.

You might say "but Charles, isn't it helpful that they *feel* like they're being listened to? That it might foster goodwill?"

No, I would argue that instead of creating trust it enables them to continue with thier shitty/ moronic/ bigoted opininos. Think

I'll bet every dollar in my pocket that these Trump voters walked away thinking" well that liberal seemed to agree with me/"

Their terrible political opinions, borne out of ignorance and hatred, end up being validated by silence from the researcher

And, by the way, if thse "liberal researchers" spent all this time with Trump voters, wouldn't there be evidence that minds changed?

For example, Arlie Hochschild's "Strangers In Their Own Land" demonstrates no progress in breaking down walls of misunderstanding. None.

In fact, at the end of Hochschild's book, she doesn't have any success stories of changing folks minds. the closest she gets

is one of the main people profiled coming around to a liberarian approach on issues. That's it.

And I misspoke earlier; It wasn't "months" spent in Louisiana, it was five years. IVE YEARS interviewing Tea Party folks.

Wouldn't you think after five years talking to the same folks "listening ot the Heartland" their opinions might change a little bit?

I fear we, as liberals, are going to waste precious time and resources on reaching out to the wrong people.

We need to be focused on bridging progressive communities. ANd that's haf. Lots of bad feelings over 16. But it's necessary.

We will go further toward out goals (in. defeating Trump) by bridging progressives through hard, tough, discussions that trying

to reach out to peope who have made it very clear that Trump's bigoted, cartoonish, bullshit is what appeals to them.

It's as though we're afraid of having a "divided country" as though we've ever had a truly united country. We haven't.

Even in World War II, we were divided. White Americans might remember that differently Folks of color do not. We were divided.

If your fear is "divided country" believe me when I say we have always lived in one. Division in politics is not bad. It's not.

Division in politics breeds substantial debate, nuanced policy, forces compromise. It creates a STRONGER country.

The "good times" in politics really never were. Someone was always left out. And it usually wasn't white men.

When you're asking liberals to reach out to (mostly male, mostly white) Trump voters, you're asking to validate that exclusion.

We need to FIGHT back. We need to bridge progressives and start looking at this like the war of ideas that it is. DON'T BE WEAK

You've got family and friends that supported Trump? Fine. Telling them that they're bigots doesn't mean you love them any less.

In fact, having the courage to tell a Trump voter that you love that they being a bigoted moron is, really, a profound act of love.

People are going to have their feelings hurt. I think that's good. Feelings like that can be healed. Destruction comes at a price.

And not for nothing... but respecting/ loving someone enough to tell them that they're hateful/ bigoted/ whatever shoes you care. It does.

Goddam what a long rant. My apologies. Probably lost a few hundred followers. Have a good week folks. /thread"

Bolded mine.

Bravo random internet dude.

People who voted for Trump don't debate me any more. Of course i'm not on facebook anymore so that cuts down on a lot of random interactions with random people.

If you voted for Trump (and by extension if you DIDN'T vote for Hillary) it says you're ok with racism, sexism, bigotry, xenophobia, etc. As long as you own that, carry on. Keep being offended by her emails. I'll be offended by your casual attitudes towards the most deplorable human behaviours.

Kchrpm
March 7th, 2017, 07:07 AM
I'm not reading that whole thing, but I hope he covered the fact that many people were just glad he came and pretended to care about them, vs Hilary not coming to their towns at all. How racist/bigoted/whatever the people of each area are notwithstanding, the candidate that says "yeah I'll come talk to you directly" is more likely to get people on the fence about whether or not they will vote at all to actually go out and do it than someone that doesn't bother coming to town.

As many have said, the problem the Democrats need to overcome is less converting Trump supporters and more convincing people who just don't care that much, and don't think that the national stage Democrats, or any other political representatives, care about them, that they do matter, that they are needed and appreciated.

That doesn't mean to baby them or kiss their ass or make promises to them. It does mean, apparently, going to a bunch of areas, having speeches/rallies, listening to what they have to say and what they are concerned about, and having some kind of response.

MR2 Fan
March 7th, 2017, 08:20 AM
The main problem I see it as:

Dems/Liberals for the past few decades have not seemed as strong when they talk about their positions and how much they want to fight for them.

Republicans/Conservatives have absolutely NO problem with ramming their misguided and wacko views through to people, and strongly fighting for them

21Kid
March 7th, 2017, 09:09 AM
That doesn't mean to baby them or kiss their ass or make promises to them. It does mean, apparently, going to a bunch of areas, having speeches/rallies, listening to what they have to say and what they are concerned about, and having some kind of response.Like what Bernie did?

Yes, I'm jaded.

Crazed_Insanity
March 7th, 2017, 09:10 AM
I really think our genes are the limiting factor. You just cannot convert conservatives to vote for liberals and vice versa. People are stuck with their ideology genetically... yeah it's possible to change, but highly unlikely. Just like our genes could mutate or get cancer, but for the most part, we're stuck with it. Similar to trying to convert gays to become straight or convince straights to have gay sex. It's just not going to happen... unless somebody's bi... No rational discussion is going to change that preference that's deeply rooted within us.

However, the important, critical element is 'emotional' connection. Don't matter what your genetic make up, we all can 'feel'. You just need a candidate that at least appear to get what and how voters 'feel'.

Both Bill Clinton and Obama had that quality... not just charisma, but they also gave voters 'hope' for example. That was how they were consequently able to attract enough conservative or perhaps 'bi' votes to win the White House.

Hillary didn't have that. John Kerry didn't have that. Al Gore didn't have that.

Hillary as a woman really should've had that quality. But she doesn't. She's not your typical woman of course.

With regard to that 'twitter' Neanderthal posted, is it really necessary to totally disregard people with different "political ideology" now that science has shown that this is most likely not by 'choice'? Poor white folks who are in need of Obamacare just don't freaking want it. Is that mental retardation? Or perhaps it's just in their genes? Even if it's just mental retardation and more than 50% of Americans are mentally retarded, liberal candidates will have to learn to humble themselves to try to emotionally connect to the needs and wants of those mentally retarded Americans. You can't just disregard them as if they don't exist. You'll never win another election that way.

Emotions will always 'trump' reason. Whether you believe human brains were intelligently designed and evolved..., they just operate that way. Rational reason alone isn't enough. Ideally we should have both, sound reasoning that feels good! Unfortunately the repulicans are master manipulators at voter's emotions without much emphasis on the reasoning part...

Kchrpm
March 7th, 2017, 10:06 AM
I really think our genes are the limiting factor. You just cannot convert conservatives to vote for liberals and vice versa. People are stuck with their ideology genetically...
It's not genetics. It's where and how they grow up, and the choice to accept it rather than rebel against it.

21Kid
March 7th, 2017, 12:48 PM
:smh:

21Kid
March 7th, 2017, 12:56 PM
:twitch:
The White House statement, which includes quotes from President Donald Trump, pulled this quote nearly word-for-word from ExxonMobil 's statement (http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/06/politics/white-house-exxonmobil-statements/index.html)

Nothing to see here. :rolleyes:

Crazed_Insanity
March 7th, 2017, 01:30 PM
It's not genetics. It's where and how they grow up, and the choice to accept it rather than rebel against it.
Not saying political stances are purely genetics, but surely a combination of both nature and nurture. However, you can't completely rule genetics out. Political ideology is not ALL due to choice and nurture. Identical twins raised by different parents at different locations will most likely share the same political ideology when all grown up.

https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2016/03/22/voting-genes-are-political-views-inherited/

Tom Servo
March 7th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Obamacare vs. Trumpcare

https://news.artnet.com/app/news-upload/2014/04/Ecce-Homo.jpg

drew
March 7th, 2017, 03:50 PM
Yep.... and some GOP are fucked off that it's just a re-work, as to a total repeal. Assholes.

I agree that some parts are good (that they kept), but the basis of some of the GOP's "concerns" is that it's not a total eradication of it.

So, fuck them, fuck them all.

The359
March 7th, 2017, 03:52 PM
Not saying political stances are purely genetics, but surely a combination of both nature and nurture. However, you can't completely rule genetics out. Political ideology is not ALL due to choice and nurture. Identical twins raised by different parents at different locations will most likely share the same political ideology when all grown up.

https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2016/03/22/voting-genes-are-political-views-inherited/

The very last paragraph completely disagrees with what you just said.

Please tell me someone else sees the irony of defending political views as genetic...

drew
March 7th, 2017, 04:05 PM
I wish I hadn't seen it at all.

Please stop quoting his shit.

Fogelhund
March 7th, 2017, 05:25 PM
Gotta love some of the clauses of Trumpcare... such as Executive Pay is a completely tax deductible item for the Health Care corporations... nothing like the general public subsidizing CEO pay.

Crazed_Insanity
March 7th, 2017, 05:26 PM
The very last paragraph completely disagrees with what you just said.

Please tell me someone else sees the irony of defending political views as genetic...
It does not completely disagree with me, only tries to... I purposely tried to pick the most 'neutral' article. This author obviously doesn't want to believe in the genetic connection, but the science is too strong to completely disregard it.

Tom Servo
March 7th, 2017, 06:49 PM
Also, if I'm understanding correctly, there are lifetime limits on how much will be paid for. I seem to remember a bunch of screaming about "death panels" back when the ACA was introduced...I think I just found them. "You hit your limit, I'm yanking this chemo straight out of the port installed in you. And you're paying if you want the port removed. Freeloader."

drew
March 8th, 2017, 03:52 AM
World's Greatest Health Care Plan of 2017.

Kchrpm
March 8th, 2017, 04:57 AM
It does not completely disagree with me, only tries to... I purposely tried to pick the most 'neutral' article. This author obviously doesn't want to believe in the genetic connection, but the science is too strong to completely disregard it.

No it isn't.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/09/opinion/thomas-edsall-how-much-do-our-genes-influence-our-political-beliefs.html

There are studies out there, but the way they have been conducted is being questioned. For example, one simply compared different types of twins, identical and fraternal, and based results on the fact that identical twins are genetically identical, therefore the fact that the ones they studied were more likely to agree with each other than the fraternal twins means that those beliefs must have been passed down.

Or maybe it means that identical twins are more likely to agree on everything, or more likely to hold on to what their parents taught them.

It's not as simple as "a few people did a study, it must be true." What the study actually entailed matters.

drew
March 8th, 2017, 06:17 AM
Keith, you're forgetting he's in a black and white world, and to stop quoting him.

Tom Servo
March 8th, 2017, 06:35 AM
We had an off cycle election out here. Not thrilled with our city council stuff, but from what I gather it's almost impossible for an incumbent in Los Angeles to not win re-election unless they really do something horrible. We did, however, continue to do stuff I'm happy about. Got the full 2/3 vote to raise the sales tax to fund homeless programs including mental health programs, substance abuse, education, job training, emergency housing, etc. Voted down a NIMBY measure that would have basically stopped all new housing development for the next two years while we're already in a massive housing shortage that's sending home prices and rents up through the roof, despite a very slick and often deceptive advertising campaign. Voted overwhelmingly to essentially legalize and tax marijuana sales in LA.

Still happy to live in this city and this state right now.

drew
March 8th, 2017, 06:47 AM
:up:

21Kid
March 8th, 2017, 07:04 AM
If CA were it's own country...

Tom Servo
March 8th, 2017, 07:24 AM
On the downside, we had 11.2% voter turnout, which is just embarrassing. I'm guessing there are still some vote by mail ballots that haven't been counted (I didn't send mine in until Monday, so it probably won't be counted until today at the earliest), but still.

Crazed_Insanity
March 8th, 2017, 07:40 AM
No it isn't.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/09/opinion/thomas-edsall-how-much-do-our-genes-influence-our-political-beliefs.html

There are studies out there, but the way they have been conducted is being questioned. For example, one simply compared different types of twins, identical and fraternal, and based results on the fact that identical twins are genetically identical, therefore the fact that the ones they studied were more likely to agree with each other than the fraternal twins means that those beliefs must have been passed down.

Or maybe it means that identical twins are more likely to agree on everything, or more likely to hold on to what their parents taught them.

It's not as simple as "a few people did a study, it must be true." What the study actually entailed matters.

Anyway, because of those few studies, it is now difficult to deny the genetic component of this reality.

This is not a black OR white thing. I'm not arguing for nature or nurture, predestined or free willed... I'm saying Both!

Naturally if you're born and raised in a certain environment, you might be influenced that way..., if your genetic component is also that way, then that's that. How ever, if your genes are incompatible with your surroundings, then you'll have to make a decision to hide your feelings... Or move out of the 'closet'.

It'll be easier to convince closet conservatives to join liberals using rational argument, but it'll be nearly impossible to seduce somebody who's an authentic conservative to ever vote for a liberal...

That's my conjecture based on the researches anyway...

Fogelhund
March 8th, 2017, 07:19 PM
Nuts... that's all I have to say.

Tom Servo
March 8th, 2017, 07:55 PM
I found some common ground between Trump and I. I, also, am totally okay with slashing the TSA budget.

https://i0.wp.com/loweringthebar.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/6a00d83451bd4469e201348123c7de970c.jpg

Freude am Fahren
March 8th, 2017, 08:13 PM
TSA or DOT??

Tom Servo
March 8th, 2017, 09:08 PM
I Tried Trump’s Media Diet. Now Nothing Surprises Me Anymore (https://www.wired.com/2017/03/tried-trumps-media-diet-now-nothing-surprises-anymore/?mbid=social_twitter_onsiteshare)

Taimar
March 9th, 2017, 10:09 PM
I Tried Trump’s Media Diet. Now Nothing Surprises Me Anymore (https://www.wired.com/2017/03/tried-trumps-media-diet-now-nothing-surprises-anymore/?mbid=social_twitter_onsiteshare)

That's been a horrifying reality for years now - a certain segment of the population has entirely walled itself off from reality. Now we face the very real possibility of national collapse as a result.

And as bad as things seem now, they'll be much, much worse in the near future.

MR2 Fan
March 10th, 2017, 06:10 AM
we can only hope that Trump brings up Lizard People in a speech sometime

novicius
March 10th, 2017, 06:48 AM
He's saving that gem for when he needs a serious distraction.

drew
March 10th, 2017, 07:21 AM

Freude am Fahren
March 10th, 2017, 05:34 PM
So in new moronics, Trump believes the recent jobs report and the 4.7% unemployment figures are accurate. But the old ones were all lies. AND it's all because of him (you know, not the trends or anything matter, because the numbers were fake.)

In his mind, he alone, in one month brought unemployment down from 42% (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wII90dqsZrM&ab_channel=WhatTrumpSays) to 4.7%.

How do you even talk to someone with such a mental disability.

FaultyMario
March 10th, 2017, 08:47 PM
I've reading Maus lately. I think I'm swayed.

But you think that now, that most judenfrage survivors are dead, people have forgotten about it and are ready to make the same mistakes again?

drew
March 11th, 2017, 03:06 AM
Also like how Flynn was attending intel meetings (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/10/us/politics/michael-flynn-turkey.html?_r=0), while being paid $500k from Turkey to be a lobbyist.

Rikadyn
March 12th, 2017, 07:29 AM
wrong thred

tigeraid
March 13th, 2017, 03:12 PM
I don't really plan on posting ALL his videos, and he tends to get a bit repetitive, but this rant couldn't possibly be closer to my heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtUqsYcR6mY

Tom Servo
March 13th, 2017, 03:16 PM
Good news, everyone. According to Sean Spicer, Trump didn't mean wiretapping when he tweeted about wiretapping (http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/13/politics/sean-spicer-donald-trump-wiretapping/index.html?sr=fbCNN031317sean-spicer-donald-trump-wiretapping0755PMVODtopLink&linkId=35432922).

drew
March 13th, 2017, 03:30 PM
unfuckingbelievable

Freude am Fahren
March 13th, 2017, 04:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/leErPNS.gif

G'day Mate
March 13th, 2017, 07:58 PM
I don't really plan on posting ALL his videos, and he tends to get a bit repetitive, but this rant couldn't possibly be closer to my heart

The video appears to be removed - found it again at https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5ept3s

Leon
March 13th, 2017, 10:29 PM
BRB, I think my microwave is watching me, so I'm going to put another layer of tinfoil around my head.

21Kid
March 14th, 2017, 05:48 AM
You can't even make this stuff up. :smh: If you'd have proposed something like this to a movie studio 15 yrs ago, they would have told you to stop being absurd.

drew
March 14th, 2017, 05:55 AM
He's doing exactly what the GOP needs him to do, this why they're not saying anything to disavow the shit.

They're going to keep ramming bullshit laws through to complete their objectives. They will keep doing so as long as they can (meaning, hopefully Nov 6 2018, is a day of reckoning for them, and maybe they have some foresight to that).

It's fucking disgusting.

What fucks me off the most about this wire tapping bullshit, there is NO justification for it. Just like there will be NO consequence for just making up blatant bullshit lies. This is an incredibly serious allegation, founded on nothing more than a Breitbart "news" story. Only the FBI/etc can issue such a thing after a judge deems it warranted, issuing a FISA warrant.

Fuck Trump. I'm sick of this diversion bullshit. The Democrats don't have enough bodies to make any difference, which goes back to my original point of the GOP's master plan.

We're making notes on which Republicans are actually trying to make a stand, or at the very least, voicing their disapproval (Graham/McCain for a couple), the rest, fuck em. Anyone with a "D" on the ballot in 2018 is getting a vote.

tigeraid
March 14th, 2017, 07:29 AM
The video appears to be removed - found it again at https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5ept3s

Yeah that was weird. GQ re-posted it back on youtube, so I edited my OP.

Crazed_Insanity
March 14th, 2017, 01:15 PM
Can we momentarily rest a bit regarding current political situations and talk a bit about politics in theory for a moment?

From https://www.studentnewsdaily.com/conservative-vs-liberal-beliefs/:

Liberals believe in government action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all. It is the duty of the government to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need. Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems.

Conservatives believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense. Believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals. Conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.

Based on the above definitions and still crazily assuming political orientation can be similar to sexual orientation, I think I'm bi-political! ;) I really have nothing against either political ideologies. It's just unfortunate that in real life, both sides failed to live up to their ideals, yet, conveniently blames the other side for our problems. Just find ways to fucking solve the problem whether thru private individuals or government agencies..., we really shouldn't have to be limited by these ideologies!

Anyway, I know most of you are liberals, so I was wondering what you guys think of the conservative values as defined above? Other than 'traditional American values', the other parts are not that disagreeable, right?

Freude am Fahren
March 14th, 2017, 08:20 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPGcLKuGsvaK43kSQ/source.gif

Freude am Fahren
March 14th, 2017, 08:33 PM
Anyway, so MSNBC obtained Trump's 2005 1040 (Basically the summary page with just the major numbers for those unfamiliar with US taxes. It's the most basic form that everyone needs to submit).

It's so innocuous and all it really does is tell people that Trump paid about 25% taxes (~$38M on ~$150M). The white house basically immediately issued a statement dissing the media (saying it was illegal to publish, which is wrong) and saying "hey look, he made a lot of money and paid his taxes!"

People don't really want to see the simple numbers. They care about the details in all the other forms that show where his money comes from, where he gives charitable donations, etc.

I'm completely convinced Trump leaked it himself.

http://theslot.jezebel.com/here-is-donald-trumps-2005-tax-return-courtesy-of-rach-1793279295

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C662nh6W0AEn_yO.jpg:large

Taimar
March 14th, 2017, 09:56 PM
Liberals believe in government action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all. It is the duty of the government to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need. Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems.

No, that's not what "liberals" believe. This is framed, of course, in a way that equates "Liberals" with "Government" and that "Government" should be paramount.

But that's really not what Liberals believe at all. Most Liberals believe in self-determination and that you should solve your problems yourself. But most liberals recognize that some problems cannot be solved at the individual or even local level, and that there are "common good" items that they'd rather be a small part of than not have at all.

Government is only a machine - and like a computer it does what we tell it to do, at least in an ideal world. Most liberals feel that Government is a machine that can be used to solve societal problems - and evidence has born this out pretty thoroughly over the last, say, 300 years.

They DO NOT feel that it is specifically the "Government's" duty to alleviate social ills or create level playing fields for opportunity. They feel it is their own duty - and they use the government to do it. Furthermore, the collective interest in the "Common good" often has a direct effect on their lives be they rich or poor.

For example, before the enlightenment - the origin of much of modern liberal political theory - most of the world's people lived without any particular political or social rights. Before the progressive era in the United States, a big chunk of the country lived in abject poverty and faced regular financial ruin and rampant disease. We decided that we could fix those things with Government and we did.

Conservatives believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense. Believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals. Conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.

Conservatives believe in maintaining the status quo and treading only carefully into new territory. Hence "to conserve" things as they are. That is not the same as the definition that we've come to think of as "conservative."

If you wanted to preserve, say, the post-ww2 peace structure or the 100 years of international leadership the US has enjoyed, that would make you, like me, a "Conservative."

But "Conservative" and "Republican" are now totally divorced from one another, to the point where we should really stop associating the two. Republicans are NOT conservative. They are radical.

Republicans believe in "Personal responsibility" - unless they have to contribute anything to society that does not benefit them or take responsibility for their mistakes.

Republicans believe in "free markets" - to the point of voting themselves into poverty and ending up as virtual serfs.

Republicans believe in "Individual Liberty" - as long as it isn't a gay person's right to get married or a trans person's right to use the bathroom or a black person's right to get equal treatment under the law.

Republicans believe in "Traditional American Values" like Racism, nativism, revisionist history, Christian theocracy, and isolationism.

Republicans believe in "a strong national defense" only if somebody else has to pay for it.

Republicans believe that government should be limited - because it usually prevents them from doing the things they really want to do - rob people blind and beat up or kill people who aren't like them.

Republicans believe the role of government should be to provide White, Heterosexual, Cisgender Christian people with the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals. People who don't fit into those four categories but who ascribe to Republican politics who believe this extends to them are fooling themselves.

Other than 'traditional American values', the other parts are not that disagreeable, right?

I think you have your answer.

drew
March 15th, 2017, 03:23 AM
"the dishonest media"

Every time I see/hear that, I want to punch something.

What a fucking clown.

novicius
March 15th, 2017, 04:29 AM
But that's really not what Liberals believe at all. Most Liberals believe in self-determination and that you should solve your problems yourself. But most liberals recognize that some problems cannot be solved at the individual or even local level, and that there are "common good" items that they'd rather be a small part of than not have at all.
https://media.giphy.com/media/7rj2ZgttvgomY/giphy.gif

Tom Servo
March 15th, 2017, 06:11 AM
You just knew nothing of real interest was going to show up in the tax returns that Maddow was teasing. If there was something interesting, it would have been immediate "BREAKING NEWS!!1!!11!" on CNN, not something teased for her show later on in the evening.