PDA

View Full Version : Politics

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101

neanderthal
December 7th, 2018, 11:34 AM
The Benevolent Dictator has been Jesus Christ, but He is on his way out though according to latest surveys...

I do not think you know what dictator means.

Crazed_Insanity
December 7th, 2018, 11:36 AM
Yes, lets stay on point because you are misdirecting.

What should President Obama have done? Tell us.

What he promised to do. Not what W would do.

Am I not clear enough?

Crazed_Insanity
December 7th, 2018, 11:36 AM
I do not think you know what dictator means.

I don't think you know who Jesus Christ is.

neanderthal
December 7th, 2018, 11:44 AM
What he promised to do. Not what W would do.

Am I not clear enough?

That's very clever response, in that it pretends too have answered the question by putting the onus on him, and his actions, rather than on you and the impossible standards you have set for him.

Which is exactly why I will continue to ask you for specifics of exactly what he should have done. You want to pretend there are no circumstances or consequences he had to consider, and I won't let you.

It's January 2009. You're President Obilli, you've just been sworn in. What exactly are you going to do?

It's nice and easy to criticise, hindsight being 20/ 20 and all. But you're in the hot seat, so dish.

What would you have done? I've given you exceptional leeway to address ANY of his, according to you, multiple shortcomings, and you're, so far, failing dismally.

neanderthal
December 7th, 2018, 11:48 AM
I don't think you know who Jesus Christ is.

I'm very confident that i've read the Bible more than you. Very.

From start to finish.

Yes, reading the Bible is not the same as "knowing him." But, for ... perspective, i've read his life story (the Bible) more than you have. So i'm confident that I know him better than you.

But lets not get distracted, we're still waiting for you to answer what you would have done as president.

Crazed_Insanity
December 7th, 2018, 11:57 AM
Using my Star Wars analogy, I'd find out the source of our evil and attempt to destroy that. Of course I'd also look after America's interests, but I would minimize seemingly evil actions/policies that screws up nations and destabilizing regions. I'd even go as far as stop supporting Israel and just let God protect His chosen nation Himself. Point is stop playing God... only protect what's rightfully ours. I'm not against military actions completely. Fighting evil is perfectly fine in my book, but I would never covertly support a group by secretly supplying them weapons. If I'm gonna fight, I'm going all in. BTW, once I pick a general, I'd trust him to do the job completely and not fire him half way... Gen McChrystal is what I'm talking about...

Domestically, we need to chop things down. If you're too big to fail, then you're too big. Next time, we will never use too big to fail as excuse. I'd probably try my best to dismantle the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank. I don't know how I can do that safely and that's really way above my pay grade... so I'll worry about that once I reach the oval office.

Lastly, just to compete with President Obama's legacy, my Billicare will be funded only by liberal taxpayers and used by liberal taxpayers. If you're registered democrat, you're contributions will be mandatory and only you will be able to enjoy its benefits. If you really don't want in, just don't join the party. This healthcare fund will be separate from the federal budget... so if I fucked it up and it goes bankrupt, it'll all be my fault and liberals will hate me and conservatives will laugh at me but at least I won't bankrupt the country.

There. Is this accepatble to you?

Look, I'm grateful for his attempt at universal healthcare, but my general dislike about Obama was his foreign policies and he seemingly left wall street the same as before. Yeah, he saved us..., but what happens next time?

It kinda proves that Senator Palpatine lives on Wall Street.

neanderthal
December 7th, 2018, 01:01 PM
Using my Star Wars analogy, I'd find out the source of our evil and attempt to destroy that.

I don't watch Star Wars; meaningless reference.

Of course I'd also look after America's interests, but I would minimize seemingly evil actions/policies that screws up nations and destabilizing regions. I'd even go as far as stop supporting Israel and just let God protect His chosen nation Himself. Point is stop playing God... only protect what's rightfully ours. I'm not against military actions completely. Fighting evil is perfectly fine in my book, but I would never covertly support a group by secretly supplying them weapons. If I'm gonna fight, I'm going all in.

A lot of words, but so far you've said nothing. It's literally the essay of a kid trying to fill his assignment with words to meet the quota, filled with platitudes and grand nothings. But I can play with this, as you've given us an executive action.

Ok, you've stopped supporting Israel. Economically. Politically. Militarily.

Here's what happens in that scenario. Factions of Arabs that want to destroy Israel declare war; they want anything from as innocuous a thing as a free Palestine, to the complete extinction of Israel. They rain bombs on Israeli settlements. Israel responds in a heavy handed manner attemting to quell any such actions. All the Arab nations join in this fight which is now framed as anti Arab, a genocide and an attempt by Jews to steal all their land and oil. Russia and China rush to equip both sides, bolstering their economies. As does the EU and the UK. Oil production plunges, after all the world still has an oil dependent transportation system.
Inflation, as the cost of goods goes up. Petrol and diesel are scare, and unaffordable. Economic collapse. Massive layoffs. The rich survive; they have the means. They have the electric cars. They have large yards and people who can tend their now extensive vegetable gardens in those large yards. Hysteria and conflict abound. Neighbors are at war with each other, kids stealing tomatoes from their neighbors backyard. Gun sales go up. Ammo sales go up. Anarchy. No police; they can't fuel their vehicles.

Congrats. you've fucked the world. But lets keep playing. :)

Domestically, we need to chop things down. If you're too big to fail, then you're too big. Next time, we will never use too big to fail as excuse. I'd probably try my best to dismantle the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank. I don't know how I can do that safely and that's really way above my pay grade... so I'll worry about that once I reach the oval office.

Too late; you're in the oval office.
You've declared the banks too big, that they must downsize. But, since you haven't given any specifics of how this must be done, it's a giant clusterfuck. CEOs are quick to realise that they need to be the CEO of one of the future smaller banks, but they need assets. They loot all the assets from one division and put it in another, create two smaller banks, one with all the assets and cash, and another with all of the liabilities and the small deposits. They've kept the institutional accounts and mega dollar accounts for themselves at the new ACME bank. Your regular old Wells Fargo, which is what ACME was split from is now under considerable economic pressure as it doesn't have the financial leverage to pay its obligations. Cuts must be made to control the haemmoraghing payrol. Those cuts in payrol are jobs. Those jobs disappearing means people lose confidence in the bank and all of them hurry to withdraw their money. Creating a liquidity crisis, because the bank is only required to carry a small portion of their deposits in cash. Other banks see what's going on and immediately try to borrow money from each other, creating a vicious circle. And a banking system crash. And, bingo, you've got a recession.

And, since you've disbanded the Federal Reserve, you can't prince money. So you get the mint to print money with an executive order. They do. Suddenly every one can go to the bank and withdraw their money. Inflation. Our recession becomes a depression as the money is deemed worthless.

Congratulations. You've fucked the world. ;)

Lastly, just to compete with President Obama's legacy, my Billicare will be funded only by liberal taxpayers and used by liberal taxpayers. If you're registered democrat, you're contributions will be mandatory and only you will be able to enjoy its benefits. If you really don't want in, just don't join the party. This healthcare fund will be separate from the federal budget... so if I fucked it up and it goes bankrupt, it'll all be my fault and liberals will hate me and conservatives will laugh at me but at least I won't bankrupt the country.

Ha ha. Jokes on you. Conservatives and Libertarians are miffed at you and your creation of a special class of humans who get better benefits than they. They simply go to hospitals, clinics, doctors offices etc and kill all the people in "the new aristocracy" coming out. That includes the innocent Uber Eats driver who was simply there to deliver Dr Suess favorite Green Eggs and Ham sammitch. With dwindling income your healthcare fund goes bust. And basic fucking shit like a cold starts killing people. And soon we're back to the stone age.

Congratulations; you've fucked the world.

There. Is this accepatble to you?

You've left the world in a worse place than if a rabid meteor struck it, depleted it of it's resources, shat on it, then burned it. Lets keep playing.

Look, I'm grateful for his attempt at universal healthcare, but my general dislike about Obama was his foreign policies and he seemingly left wall street the same as before. Yeah, he saved us..., but what happens next time?

Maybe he should just fuck us over like you did rather than maintain the status quo. I don't know, it seems like President Obama did a fanstastic job now, seeing as you don't seem to know how to do anything right. I'll take his status quo over your garbage hot takes that lack substance, nuance, thought, consequence, consideration, empathy, ... I can keep going.

It kinda proves that Senator Palpatine lives on Wall Street.

Meaningless quote again. I don't watch Star Wars.

Crazed_Insanity
December 7th, 2018, 01:16 PM
I'm critical of Obama's job performance as a real president in real life because he let my hopes down.

You're critical of my job as a fictitious president? And isn't it much easier for you to create fictitious scenarios to make me look bad?

With regard to Israel, it's been around for thousands of years way before USA. If God wants it gone, it'll be gone. If God wants it back, it'll be back. Egyptians, Babylonians, Romans, Nazis were all simply God's instruments. Nobody will out last the Jews... anyway, it's obvious that the simulations in our minds run differently... so this isn't quite a fair game unless it's played out in real life...

So okay, just to entertain you, I've done a poor job as president. Does that have any bearing on how Hondurans look at President Obama? Will the article Mario linked just disappear because Billi sucks?

Burying Billi accomplishes nothing dude. US presidents enacts the same evil foreign policies and kiss up to wall street regardless of party. That's a pretty indisputable fact which has nothing to do with Billi.

neanderthal
December 7th, 2018, 01:47 PM
I'm critical of Obama's job performance as a real president in real life because he let my hopes down.

You're critical of my job as a fictitious president? And isn't it much easier for you to create fictitious scenarios to make me look bad?

With regard to Israel, it's been around for thousands of years way before USA. If God wants it gone, it'll be gone. If God wants it back, it'll be back. Egyptians, Babylonians, Romans, Nazis were all simply God's instruments. Nobody will out last the Jews... anyway, it's obvious that the simulations in our minds run differently... so this isn't quite a fair game unless it's played out in real life...

So okay, just to entertain you, I've done a poor job as president. Does that have any bearing on how Hondurans look at President Obama? Will the article Mario linked just disappear because Billi sucks?

Burying Billi accomplishes nothing dude. US presidents enacts the same evil foreign policies and kiss up to wall street regardless of party. That's a pretty indisputable fact which has nothing to do with Billi.

So, ... are you saying you couldn't have done a better job than President Obama, even with hindsight?

Ok, then shut the fuck up with your monopoly money criticisms.

-----------

I'm critical of your criticism of President Obama because it's not rooted in any kind of analysis, consideration, thought, context, substance, etc.

I can ask you a simple pointed question (not the open ended one I asked you before) "what should President Obama have done with/ in Syria" and you'll waffle and obfuscate and shuffle your feet, and twiddle your thumbs and anything but not actually answer. Then claim your response is a theoretical one to his actual in real meat space one.

Your failure to answer reflects the failure of your criticism; both lack substance. Context. Contemplation. Meaningful understanding of all the parties involved. Any of the factors at play. The effects of any changes. Etc etc etc.

Let your criticism be rooted on a basis of knowledge, facts, information, and we're not having this discussion. But keep parroting the talking points of the extreme left and the right, and i'll call you on it.

And before you get defensive; my very simple take down of your "dismantle the big banks" theory shows how little your criticisms are based on reality.

I, and many others on this board, are not ones to simply parrot meaningless slogans. We think. We digest. We read. We ask. We think some more. And a lot of us are quite ok with saying, "you know, I was wrong about that" when presented with information that changes our previously held conclusions and dogmas. They might say mistaken, uninformed, unenlightened or other synonyms. You might want to try it. The reading and digesting part.

Tom Servo
December 7th, 2018, 01:49 PM
Every word that dear leader has tweeted about Rex Tillerson in one big paragraph:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dt16tHQUUAApfvO.jpg:large

Crazed_Insanity
December 7th, 2018, 03:39 PM
So, ... are you saying you couldn't have done a better job than President Obama, even with hindsight?

Ok, then shut the fuck up with your monopoly money criticisms.

-----------

I'm critical of your criticism of President Obama because it's not rooted in any kind of analysis, consideration, thought, context, substance, etc.

I can ask you a simple pointed question (not the open ended one I asked you before) "what should President Obama have done with/ in Syria" and you'll waffle and obfuscate and shuffle your feet, and twiddle your thumbs and anything but not actually answer. Then claim your response is a theoretical one to his actual in real meat space one.

Your failure to answer reflects the failure of your criticism; both lack substance. Context. Contemplation. Meaningful understanding of all the parties involved. Any of the factors at play. The effects of any changes. Etc etc etc.

Let your criticism be rooted on a basis of knowledge, facts, information, and we're not having this discussion. But keep parroting the talking points of the extreme left and the right, and i'll call you on it.

And before you get defensive; my very simple take down of your "dismantle the big banks" theory shows how little your criticisms are based on reality.

I, and many others on this board, are not ones to simply parrot meaningless slogans. We think. We digest. We read. We ask. We think some more. And a lot of us are quite ok with saying, "you know, I was wrong about that" when presented with information that changes our previously held conclusions and dogmas. They might say mistaken, uninformed, unenlightened or other synonyms. You might want to try it. The reading and digesting part.

Okay, you’re right. Forget about ignorant Billi.

What about those Latin Americans?

What’s your response to Mario’s linked article? Can you accept those criticisms on behalf of our dear president?

drew
December 7th, 2018, 04:04 PM
I know that is a "collage" of cluskterfuckery, but the sad part is, it could pass as an actual one-time tweet of his. In its entirety, an example of a complete grammatical assfucking.

-Shakespeare of Shit.

Crazed_Insanity
December 7th, 2018, 09:54 PM
Neanderthal, while you're still formulating a response regarding the criticisms of Obama from Latin Americans, I just wish to address the too big to fail issue...

Yes, my suggestion is not really based on reality, but on theory. UK is in a very similar situation as US. Prof. Werner can explain why we absolutely need to down sized... or at least regulate banks to not allow them to lend to investors purchasing non-productive financial products...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC0G7pY4wRE

Anyway, anything too big will cause problems, whether it's bank, government or even church. If you elect me president, I down size them all... probably in that order as well.

21Kid
December 10th, 2018, 12:09 PM
Mo, just put Billi back on ignore. For all of our sakes. ;)

MR2 Fan
December 10th, 2018, 12:44 PM
I just did...again...

Crazed_Insanity
December 10th, 2018, 01:53 PM
Yes Mo, listen to your liberal friends. Stay within the comfort of your bubble. Our discussions are really a waste of time.

I will just try to help save America and the world by keep on voting 3rd party from now on. Well, if another major party candidate can make me feel hopeful again, then maybe I won’t waste my vote... :p

Tom Servo
December 10th, 2018, 01:55 PM
The fact that it's a waste of time has nothing to do with liberal bubbles.

Crazed_Insanity
December 10th, 2018, 01:57 PM
Of course it is. You guys are just so blinded by partisan politics that you cannot see the shortcomings of your own party.

Tom Servo
December 10th, 2018, 02:04 PM
Keep telling yourself that that's the problem.

Crazed_Insanity
December 10th, 2018, 02:10 PM
Oh sorry, I forgot, Billi is the problem. I’m not qualified enough to be critical of your supreme savior Obama and Hillary.

DNC for sure isn’t the ‘same’ as GOP. Billi is just crazy and really really weird.

So do you care about Latin Americans complaints? Not really... because you can conveniently just blame it on Reagan/ Bush. They were way more evil!!!

Our system is rotten.

Jason
December 11th, 2018, 10:11 AM
https://www.c-span.org/video/?455813-1/president-trump-democratic-leaders-clash-border-funding

Senior level public meeting goes off the rails a bit... The ending is really the important part, Trump puts it right out there... if he doesn't get his way (funding for the wall), he'll gladly shut down the government.

Unsurprisingly, responses from both sides of the aisle have been critical:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?455813-1/president-trump-democratic-leaders-clash-border-funding

FaultyMario
December 11th, 2018, 12:51 PM
Trump is great television.

FaultyMario
December 11th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Trump's 'beautiful wall' is a vanity project and nothing more. Democrats should treat it as such (https://www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-shutdown-wall-funding-20181211-story.html)

And although compromise is vital to a functional democracy, lawmakers should continue to resist throwing $5 billion worth of tax dollars at what amounts to a vanity project for Trump. What both sides should be focused on is a comprehensive overhaul of U.S. immigration law that addresses the full panoply of issues associated with decades of failed policy.

G'day Mate
December 11th, 2018, 02:11 PM
The ending is really the important part, Trump puts it right out there... if he doesn't get his way (funding for the wall), he'll gladly shut down the government.

:smh:

Freude am Fahren
December 11th, 2018, 03:21 PM

Senior level public meeting goes off the rails a bit... The ending is really the important part, Trump puts it right out there... if he doesn't get his way (funding for the wall), he'll gladly shut down the government.

Unsurprisingly, responses from both sides of the aisle have been critical:

First of all, is Mother there? Is Mike allowed that close to Nancy Pelosi?

Second, if what Pelosi says is true, she should introduce the Wall bill in the house, to let it fail.

Trump is such a petulant child, and that video shows it as good as any we've seen, and it's what's ahead for the next two years.

Jason
December 11th, 2018, 03:45 PM
Whoops, just realized I posted the C-SPAN link twice instead of another article about the response (it was a Hill article, can't find the link right this second)

G'day Mate
December 11th, 2018, 03:52 PM
The "Bottomless Pinocchio" ... https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/fact-checker-most-repeated-disinformation/?utm_term=.7410969a2981

Crazed_Insanity
December 11th, 2018, 08:05 PM
Trump's 'beautiful wall' is a vanity project and nothing more. Democrats should treat it as such (https://www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-shutdown-wall-funding-20181211-story.html)

I think it's important to know that it isn't just Trump alone who wants the wall. We need to help certain group of Americans understand that it's a waste of tax dollars.

I think the most effective way to stop this is for Democrats to all of a sudden support building it... in fact, double or triple Trump's projected cost and height and make it even more 'beautiful'. Go nuts and try to bankrupt the federal budget. Then maybe the conservatives will come to some senses. For now, I fear it's a no win situation for democrats. Opposing Trump will only make him more popular with his supporters and vilify yourself further... sigh...

I seriously think democrats should just try reverse psychology. Because they will irrationally oppose whatever you propose...

Tom Servo
December 12th, 2018, 09:57 AM
Michael Cohen gets sentenced to 3 years in prison, and now AMI (publisher of the National Enquirer, among others) has entered into a non-prosecution agreement with the southern district of New York, where they admit they paid Karen McDougal $150,000 in "concert with" the Trump Campaign to "suppress [her] story" in an attempt to "influence the election." They're now cooperating with SDNY in order to not be prosecuted for their role in campaign finance violations.

FaultyMario
December 12th, 2018, 10:08 AM
Cohen attorney Lanny Davis says that "after Mr. Mueller completes his investigation and issues his final report, I look forward to assisting Michael to state publicly all he knows about Mr. Trump."

Twitter thread (https://twitter.com/eorden/status/1072869972773285888).

FaultyMario
December 13th, 2018, 09:17 AM
Mr Trump has tweeted:

I often stated, “One way or the other, Mexico is going to pay for the Wall.” This has never changed. Our new deal with Mexico (and Canada), the USMCA, is so much better than the old, very costly & anti-USA NAFTA deal, that just by the money we save, MEXICO IS PAYING FOR THE WALL!

Our congress and our department of treasury are in negotiations for the government income and expenditure packages of next year and I have heard of no report on direct payments for a northern border wall. Issues are the buyback of airport bonds and funding of the military for our national guard. So, what Mr Trump tweeted is mostly misleading. No talk about tax adjustments with regards to T-MEC, either.

Tom Servo
December 13th, 2018, 09:44 AM
He's just trying to weasel out of that campaign promise by claiming that this new deal is so much better for us that we're saving enough money on trade to cover the cost of the wall, therefore indirectly Mexico *is* paying for it.

FaultyMario
December 13th, 2018, 10:39 AM
You mean he's providing false information to his constituency? :twitch:

Tom Servo
December 13th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Shocking, I know!

Crazed_Insanity
December 13th, 2018, 11:54 AM
Unless you're his ardent fan, who in their right mind, I'd guess not even most of the conservative right, relies on Trump to give them accurate information?

I think you're expecting too much Sr. Mario.

Anyway, he's gonna make you pay for the wall one way or another! Be prepared!

Tom Servo
December 13th, 2018, 01:06 PM
Also fun, Wall Street Journal and NBC are both reporting that there in the discussions on how to counter negative stories about Trump's relationship with women that Michael Cohen, David Pecker (of American Media), and Trump himself were present. The first two have plead guilty.

Freude am Fahren
December 13th, 2018, 03:34 PM
Why bother.

It's not like there's anything new. Is anyone's opinion of him on either side different than it was a week ago? A month ago? A year ago?

The most (only?) truthful thing the man has ever said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTACH1eVIaA&ab_channel=CNN

Crazed_Insanity
December 13th, 2018, 06:39 PM
You know FaF speaks the truth without having to quote him.

MR2 Fan
December 14th, 2018, 10:09 AM
Trump supporters will change... probably when the Dow Jones keeps crawling back down under 20,000 like its heading toward now

Tom Servo
December 14th, 2018, 12:03 PM
Kinda like in a debate, the goal here is not to get his base to turn on him. It's to get the "independents" to be less likely to vote for him and to motivate folks who didn't bother to vote in the last election to come out. It worked for the house this year.

Crazed_Insanity
December 14th, 2018, 12:59 PM
I do believe MR2 is right on the 'money'. Regardless of your political affiliation, Trump will be dumped if the economy tanks. If Dow Jones bubble sustains for 6 more years and Mueller investigation turned out to be as effective as pussy grabbing-gate... that'll really really suck!

Anyway, people should still try to see the silverlining... At least we don't have full riots like France. Yeah, had we elected Hillary, we might end up like France. Right now we're more like Brexiting Brits.

Either scenario sucks in different ways. I'm really not sure which scenario I prefer.

I know even if Bernie Sanders won out in the end, there's no guarantee that he will make the world great again, but at least the future would be more unpredictable and hopeful.

FaultyMario
December 14th, 2018, 03:41 PM
Heh, sci started because of the distraction devised against the Access Hollywood tape seemed fishy.

MR2 Fan
December 14th, 2018, 08:10 PM
Trump is unable to get a chief of staff....even Chris Christie has declined..............something something something Titanic

Tom Servo
December 15th, 2018, 07:44 AM
Ryan Zinke will be leaving his spot as Interior Secretary at the end of the year. Washington Post is reporting that he's already under numerous ethics investigations, and that he'd be one of the most vulnerable cabinet members when the new congress comes and can run their own investigations.

Tom Servo
December 15th, 2018, 10:08 AM
White House pushed Zinke to quit for weeks and told him he would be fired if he did not. He was viewed as big issue w/ Democrats taking House. But he wanted to have his Christmas party.

Fun!

The secretary's final public appearance was Thursday night at his Christmas party, which he told staffers he wanted to have before his dismissal. He invited lobbyists and conservative activists to his executive suite, where he posed for photos in front of a large stuffed polar bear wearing a Santa cap, according to an attendee.

Mounted animals on the wall were fitted with ornaments.

Tom Servo
December 15th, 2018, 09:55 PM
Nearly every organization Trump has led over the past decade is under some sort of investigation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mounting-legal-threats-surround-trump-as-nearly-every-organization-he-has-led-is-under-investigation/2018/12/15/4cfb4482-ffbb-11e8-862a-b6a6f3ce8199_story.html

To go back to a previous point, his base may not waver, but Orange County, previously a Republican stronghold of southern California, is now *entirely* represented by Democrats as of the 2018 election.

MR2 Fan
December 17th, 2018, 06:39 AM
Does anyone else think having the flag at half mast for a FULL MONTH for a former president's passing is a bit over the top?

Freude am Fahren
December 17th, 2018, 06:58 AM
I was wondering why they were all still down, I figured a week after burial at most. Is there a standard?

Crazed_Insanity
December 17th, 2018, 07:34 AM
Does anyone else think having the flag at half mast for a FULL MONTH for a former president's passing is a bit over the top?
Not really. The flags are only half way to the top... you can't really raise the flag above the top dude! :p

Anyway, 1 of those 30 days was for Pearl Harbor. The other 29 days is for the loss of our beloved president. You're not going to remember him next year anyway... so just bear with it a little... plus I think WH is also very depressed about various matters...

But seriously, we probably shouldn't politicize our flag situation too much. 30days is standard protocol for death of presidents in US. This is not because Trump is nuts. ;)

tigeraid
December 17th, 2018, 07:48 AM
Does anyone else think having the flag at half mast for a FULL MONTH for a former War Criminal's passing is a bit over the top?

Fixed that for you.

Crazed_Insanity
December 17th, 2018, 08:50 AM
Using the strictest standards, they could pretty much all be criminals, maybe other than President Carter...

Take Lincoln for example, half the country probably thought he's a war criminal. (Hopefully only at the time and not anymore...)

I think people need to not politicize a dead president so much and learn to respect that office a bit more.

I think the fairest way to judge a president is to let the people of same party make that judgement. Liberals be critical of liberal presidents and conservatives try to be critical of conservative presidents...

Then pretty much all presidents will end up becoming saints. Maybe Trump will be the exception...

MR2 Fan
December 17th, 2018, 12:30 PM
The Dow Jones took another nose dive today...for some reason Trump isn't tweeting about it.

Freude am Fahren
December 17th, 2018, 08:31 PM
I thought this guy hated migration...

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/stephen-miller-hair-1545083607.jpg

Tom Servo
December 17th, 2018, 09:15 PM
Someone should let him know that's the least of his problems.

Tom Servo
December 18th, 2018, 08:40 AM
The Trump Foundation is being liquidated, and all assets donated to charities approved by a judge, who will be supervising the process, after the NY AG says they found a "shocking pattern of illegality".

The NY AG will continue to pursue its existing lawsuit against the foundation and is seeking millions in restitution and penalties and also seeks to bar President Trump and his children from serving on the boards of other New York charities.

Tom Servo
December 18th, 2018, 04:35 PM
I didn't realize it was going to be an artisinally curated wall...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Duve6rIUYAAJK8T.jpg:large

tigeraid
December 19th, 2018, 07:25 AM
"So you can see all the crying women and children being tear-gassed!"

MR2 Fan
December 19th, 2018, 07:29 AM
While the actual News channels cover the Trump situation, Ukraine, etc., here's what Fox is covering...whether cookies have a gender

https://twitter.com/peltzmadeline/status/1075206666965139456

FaultyMario
December 19th, 2018, 07:32 AM
I hear Putin is really happy today.

George
December 19th, 2018, 08:27 AM
While the actual News channels cover the Trump situation, Ukraine, etc., here's what Fox is covering...whether cookies have a gender

A couple weekends ago when some big story or another was brewing about Trump, I flipped past Fox News and noticed they were running a documentary about Ted Kennedy and the Chappaquiddick incident from 1969!

speedpimp
December 19th, 2018, 08:40 AM
I didn't realize it was going to be an artisinally curated wall...

It is also certified organic, Fair Trade, vegan friendly and gluten free.

Crazed_Insanity
December 19th, 2018, 08:45 AM

https://twitter.com/peltzmadeline/status/1075206666965139456

Haven't you seen Shrek? Isn't it obvious that the gingerbread man cookie is male? Of course people could make gingerbread woman cookies as well... of course you can't really ask them and they can't really tell you anything so you could imagine that they're gay, bi, neutral or whatever...

Anyway, it's not just FOX, corporate media does that often..., just don't report stuffs that they themselves don't like. Take Bernie Sanders for example:

The study found that five Republican candidates—Trump, Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, and Ben Carson—each got more coverage than Sanders during 2015 and that Clinton herself received three times as much press than the Vermont senator.
https://www.boston.com/news/politics/2016/06/14/harvard-study-confirms-refutes-bernie-sanderss-complaints-media

Imagine if Bernie had more coverage than Ben Carson, what would today be like?
Imagine if Bernie had 3x more coverage than Hillary, he could probably win by a landslide!

Anyway, instead we have Trump winning by a 'landslide'. Hope he'll experience mud slide to his political career soon...

MR2 Fan
December 19th, 2018, 08:46 AM
this is absolutely disgusting and shows part of why our healthcare system in the U.S. is so messed up

https://www.vox.com/health-care/2018/12/18/18134825/emergency-room-bills-health-care-costs-america

Tom Servo
December 19th, 2018, 11:21 AM
Anyway, it's not just FOX, corporate media does that often..., just don't report stuffs that they themselves don't like. Take Bernie Sanders for example:

https://www.boston.com/news/politics/2016/06/14/harvard-study-confirms-refutes-bernie-sanderss-complaints-media

Imagine if Bernie had more coverage than Ben Carson, what would today be like?
Imagine if Bernie had 3x more coverage than Hillary, he could probably win by a landslide!

Anyway, instead we have Trump winning by a 'landslide'. Hope he'll experience mud slide to his political career soon...

That ignores the part of the article that mentions how Clinton got more coverage, but it was also significantly more negative. There's something to be said for the idea that any publicity is good publicity, but I'd be interested to see if how the tone of Bernie's coverage would have been if it was more intense. There's also something to be said for negative coverage - you've repeatedly stated your negative feelings towards Clinton but have pretty rarely been able to put a finger on the things she's actually done to make you feel that way.

The RNC reportedly had a pretty large set of things they were ready to attack Bernie about, and I've long thought that he says a lot of good things but is an ineffective legislator - I agree with him on nearly everything, but I doubt his ability to actually accomplish any of what he sets out to do. I feel like he's the prototype of what we need. I also like Ocasio-Cortez, though it's too early to tell if she'll be as effective as I hope she is.

Crazed_Insanity
December 19th, 2018, 01:09 PM
I think Trump has proven the fact that any publicity is good publicity for him... at least during the election. Doesn't matter whether he's grabbing pussy cats or petting puppies.

I do agree with you that these non-traditional politicians may not be very effective. Just look at Trump. With so many turn over of his top staffs, there's no way he can be very effective in actually doing anything. Not to mention he's now probably so busy fighting fires about his own businesses...

So let's just go back to Honduras fiasco, Trump will most likely not be very effective and ruining Latin American's lives compared to Reagan/Bush/Obama/Hillary. So Trump may very well sound like the most evil president ever, but action-wise, he won't be very effectively as evil. Just like tweet to build a wall, but will he actually be able to do it? We'll see.

I have no doubt had Bernie won, he won't be very effective as well... unless American people all got behind his back. Just take President Carter for example. Nice guy. I'm pretty sure he's the least evil of all modern presidents. Again, not very effective single termer. So I do agree with you that perhaps nice guys finish last applies to presidency as well.

Hillary's experience will for sure make her a very effective president. No question about it. I just don't trust her that she'll use that experience for good. Foreign policy-wise she didn't do a lot of good with Obama. I'll grant you that Obama admin wasn't pure evil, surely he's done good as well... it's just some of his action were done as if he were W. WTF? Why? Obama admin has also been the least transparent EVER by deny freedom of information act requests. She's also very cozy with Wall Street. Even the primary lost felt like it's rigged. Yeah, I can't prove it, but there was just nothing that gave me any hopeful trustworthy feelings.

Silverlining of Trump presidency is that this loud mouth president won't be very effective at doing anything bad, hopefully, and in exchange, our congress is now getting better. If we have president Hillary, our worst congress ever will only get worse... and the WH will also be very effective at doing the will of Senator Palpatine while making everything look super politically correct... and we also might experience riots in our cities like Paris.

Anyway, not saying Trump admin is awesome. He definitely sucks. Either scenarios will be bad... and I think the ineffective Bernie administration will be much better than either of those 2 evils.

We need to give new comers some time to get over that learning curve. We definitely need to elect competent folks to get things done. I just think we need to think twice about voting effective 'politicians'. Are they effective at doing who's will?

MR2 Fan
December 19th, 2018, 02:00 PM
In general, a president without a congress to back him up on anything, isn't very effective.

Bernie's problem and potentially Hillary's as well, is that they weren't doing a lot of planning to bring a lot of votes for congress with them during the 2016 election and the GOP just basically do nothing and stall at every turn.

G'day Mate
December 19th, 2018, 04:50 PM
Oh sweet, Trump beat ISIS

Crazed_Insanity
December 19th, 2018, 06:50 PM
Impressive!

Usually a scandalous president would start a war to get focus off of him..., he ends wars so that he can let the Russians protect their interests! What a nice guy! Hope he’s also about to be finished at last...

MR2 Fan
December 20th, 2018, 11:23 AM
...no words...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1075846949427908608

Tom Servo
December 20th, 2018, 02:03 PM
Mattis is resigning effective end of February. Says that he believes in the importance of our alliances and the threat of Russia and China, and that the president has "a right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours".

'Course, it might also be over that shit MR2 just posted.

tigeraid
December 21st, 2018, 05:31 AM
I agree in principal with the idea of pulling troops out of that fucking disaster, at this point.

But given how the world is quickly devolving into fascist dictatorship, the pessimist in me thinks those troops are just gonna be used domestically instead.... :|

tigeraid
December 21st, 2018, 05:33 AM
In general, a president without a congress to back him up on anything, isn't very effective.

Makes me wonder aloud: has there been a (recent) time in America where a democrat has had his government in majority and supporting him fully? It might just be selective memory but it always seems to me like it's "Republican shithead with the full power of a conservative congress behind him" or "struggling Democrat with the full power of a conservative congress fighting him."

(Although to be fair I barely consider Clinton a Democrat policy-wise...)

Freude am Fahren
December 21st, 2018, 06:12 AM
Obama had it his first two years. That's it since Carter.

MR2 Fan
December 21st, 2018, 06:26 AM
Trump last week: "it's a Trump shutdown"
Trump today: "It's a democrat shutdown"

anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together know he's a f-ing moron

Crazed_Insanity
December 21st, 2018, 08:43 AM
this is absolutely disgusting and shows part of why our healthcare system in the U.S. is so messed up

https://www.vox.com/health-care/2018/12/18/18134825/emergency-room-bills-health-care-costs-america

A friend's mom is a pretty senior level nurse who makes $180k/yr... and according to her contract, she doesn't get overtime pay. However, after so many years of working more than 10hrs a day, it's beginning to take a toll on her. She's not young of course..., so she complained to the hospital... so now she can earn OT. Based on the # of hours that she worked, she can now probably make $250k/yr.

It's hard work, and surely we all can be happy to see people getting hard earned raises..., but wouldn't it be better to get 2 nurses and paying them $125k each? Same cost to the hospital and each nurse will probably have better hours that won't cause them to burn out? Or get a more jr level nurse at $70k to help offset some work so that you won't end up working the older nurse to death?

Anyway, I'm sure most of the profits hospitals made, only small percentage go to the nurses too... whatever, maybe I should become a nurse too.

Crazed_Insanity
December 21st, 2018, 08:45 AM
Trump last week: "it's a Trump shutdown"
Trump today: "It's a democrat shutdown"

anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together know he's a f-ing moron

Sadly, there were enough single cell organisms to get Trump elected in the 1st place.

Looks like we're getting a wall... and democrats should dwell on the fact that Mexicans didn't pay for it!!!! And blame the deficit on Trump too.

FaultyMario
December 21st, 2018, 09:38 AM
Obama had it his first two years. That's it since Carter.

Maybe because

THE SYSTEM IS RIGGED!!1!

MR2 Fan
December 21st, 2018, 01:07 PM
Crystal clear tweet from @NPR today:

#BREAKING: The Supreme Court has refused to immediately block a lower-court order that barred the Trump administration from denying people from trying to claim asylum at the border.

Freude am Fahren
December 21st, 2018, 01:50 PM
So if I understand it right, we should be getting tweets any second from Trump about how the SCOTUS is stacked with liberals, put there by Obama and Hillary, out to get him?

Tom Servo
December 21st, 2018, 01:52 PM
Crystal clear tweet from @NPR today:

#BREAKING: The Supreme Court has refused to immediately block a lower-court order that barred the Trump administration from denying people from trying to claim asylum at the border.

I mostly can't not be unable to understand why that isn't against a thing it's not for.

MR2 Fan
December 21st, 2018, 01:53 PM
...it's getting worse...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1076239448461987841

Tom Servo
December 21st, 2018, 01:56 PM
I hated that level in City Connection.

MR2 Fan
December 21st, 2018, 01:58 PM
I hated that level in City Connection.

:lol:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/d593c7fe525b498b38186d80e177d238/tenor.gif?itemid=6215017

Freude am Fahren
December 21st, 2018, 04:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JI95VOL.gif

The359
December 21st, 2018, 04:30 PM
I wonder how many "build the wall" afficianados are now questioning their judgement...

Tom Servo
December 21st, 2018, 04:31 PM
Someone I know on Facebook wrote some thing about how building a wall was just common sense. He's in Florida.

Crazed_Insanity
December 21st, 2018, 05:19 PM
In a way, there’s nothing wrong with building the wall. If you have a fence around your yard/property, you should know that there’s really nothing wrong with walls.

Plus, if they’re durable enough, thousands of years later, they could become great tourist destinations! I’m sure China has had made great returns for their investments made on the Great Wall.

History will remember these great emporer/president fondly I’m sure.

It’s just really funny that I have to throw a fit and not pay any other bills unless my wife approves building new beautiful fences around the house which we can’t really afford.

Freude am Fahren
December 21st, 2018, 07:39 PM
Property fences are normally for privacy, or keeping things (kids/pets) in, or aesthetics. They usually have nothing to do with safety. And when people do put them up for "safety" it's nonsense. Criminals have no problem scaling a 6 ft. tall fence/wall.

If we were being invaded by an invading military force, hundreds of years ago, your China comparison might work.

Crazed_Insanity
December 21st, 2018, 08:44 PM
FYI, emporer Qi was not considered as one of the better emporers of china. The wall also didn’t always work.

Tom Servo
December 22nd, 2018, 08:27 AM
If we were being invaded by an invading military force, hundreds of years ago, your China comparison might work.

One thing I'm very slowly learning is that Billi feels compelled to respond to every post, whether it needs a response or not, with a "whataboutthis" devil's advocate post. It doesn't matter how ill-advised, or how unnecessary it is, he's gonna do it, and if you point out that it doesn't work, he's going to double-down on it.

Crazed_Insanity
December 22nd, 2018, 09:58 AM
Sometimes you guys also like to double down on my sarcasm.

Btw, emporer Qi was one of the most ruthless authoritarian in Chinese history, probably the type Trump looks up to.

Still, one has to wonder when was the last ruthless authoritarian in history who decides to withdraw troops against all recommendations... trump is an unpredictable weirdo.

I think main reason why he’s unpredictable is because, essentially, he’s just a sneaky salesman. Going which ever way the wind is blowing as long as it somehow helps him...

Tom Servo
December 22nd, 2018, 01:19 PM
See what I mean?

Crazed_Insanity
December 22nd, 2018, 03:39 PM
Yes I see. Enough about Billi. This thread isn’t about me. I also don’t mean to make it about me. Agree or disagree, respond or ignore, but please just focus on topic please.

Anyway, never thought I’d agree with political view of vanity fair! Apple news app recommended it to me... guess it’s algorithm has already figured out my preferences...

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/12/trumps-war-on-everything

MR2 Fan
December 24th, 2018, 07:53 AM
Dow Jones creeping down toward 21,000 and Trump is asking if he can fire the Fed chief, because OF COURSE he has to blame someone else.

Update: 21,792.20 -653.17 (-2.91%)

FaultyMario
December 24th, 2018, 12:48 PM
Haji Haidar, 39, is standing outside his blacksmith shop. Everyone here is angry and scared, he says. "All the work they did together, and now they are leaving so suddenly," he says. "I don't understand it. People are afraid that they will just sell the country to someone." (https://www.npr.org/2018/12/24/679813573/we-will-curse-them-as-traitors-syrian-kurds-react-to-u-s-troop-withdrawal-plan)

MR2 Fan
December 24th, 2018, 05:52 PM
Trump just told a 7 year old, on camera, basically that there is no Santa claus...on Christmas....does it ever stop getting dumber and more cringe-worthy???

Crazed_Insanity
December 24th, 2018, 06:03 PM
That’s not how I’d interpret his action, but anyway, surely there are much bigger fishes to fry than that call with the 7 yr old...

Yw-slayer
December 24th, 2018, 08:52 PM
Trump just told a 7 year old, on camera, basically that there is no Santa claus...on Christmas....does it ever stop getting dumber and more cringe-worthy???

Probably the only worthwhile thing he's ever done. Fuck Santa and fuck Christmas. Plus my daughter figured out at 5 that Santa is a bullshit story anyway. No doubt the 7 year old's belief is an indictment of the education system and consumerism.

Crazed_Insanity
December 25th, 2018, 09:23 AM
Dude, why are you so angry today? Hope everything’s okay? You can’t expect Santa to show up at your house if he knows you want to rape him you know? :p

neanderthal
December 25th, 2018, 09:52 AM
Dow Jones creeping down toward 21,000 and Trump is asking if he can fire the Fed chief, because OF COURSE he has to blame someone else.

Update: 21,792.20 -653.17 (-2.91%)

I'm down $80k... :(

MR2 Fan
December 25th, 2018, 12:35 PM
Probably the only worthwhile thing he's ever done. Fuck Santa and fuck Christmas. Plus my daughter figured out at 5 that Santa is a bullshit story anyway. No doubt the 7 year old's belief is an indictment of the education system and consumerism.

Dang, YW...didn't get the gifts you wanted this year? :p

But seriously, that's beside the point. My point is that every time I think his stupidity level can't get any higher, he proves me wrong. I can't imagine how many people would jump to asking a 7 year old whether it's "marginal" whether they still believe in Santa. 7 year olds don't even know what "marginal" means

Yw-slayer
December 25th, 2018, 12:43 PM
Oh I'm fine. I enjoyed the 25th because I was able to listen to Slayer while the kids opened their presents. I just resent being forced to "celebrate" some festival which I don't believe in and don't care about. For example, imagine if for 2 months before Wesak day you had malls putting up stupid shit to try and entice you to buy rubbish while playing smooth Buddhist jazz. A lot of people probably wouldn't enjoy that either. I don't mind people celebrating it on their own and I enjoy the holiday, but most of what is associated with Christmas is utter bullshit, and Santa is top of that fucking list.

FaultyMario
December 25th, 2018, 02:54 PM
Fuck Santa and fuck Christmas.

You know they're only going to be kids for a 1/6 of their lives, right?

Yw-slayer
December 25th, 2018, 04:00 PM
It's cool, I'd rather have kids who don't buy into imperialist consumerist bullshit. I figured out pretty early thst Santa was bullshit since I grew up in a tropical country where there are no chimneys.

FaultyMario
December 25th, 2018, 05:59 PM
I don't know dude, but this kind got me thru my late teens:

A man lies in his bed in a room with no door
He waits hoping for a presence something anything to enter
After spending half his life searching he still felt as blank
As the ceiling at which he stared
He is alive but feels absolutely nothing
So is he?
When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him
By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact
No tradebacks...
So this is what it's like to be an adult
If he only knew now what he knew then...

Crazed_Insanity
December 25th, 2018, 09:33 PM
Dude, Saint Nick was real. Maybe not north pole kinda real, but he was a real person. That spirit of joyful giving is what baby Jesus is all about. God didn’t send baby Jesus here 2000 some years ago to promote imperial consumerism you know. Plus, it’s your foquen family and you should be able to celebrate it however you want... without feeling so aroused to want to have sex with Santa... chill out dude! :p

Try to have a happy new year..., and remember not to consume... or party too hard! ;)

Yw-slayer
December 25th, 2018, 10:01 PM
Still bullshit.

G'day Mate
December 25th, 2018, 11:04 PM
I thought Jesus was God, sent by God to serve as some kind of sacrificial loophole to rules made by God because God couldn’t think up a better plan ... but that’s a discussion for another thread

drew
December 26th, 2018, 01:48 AM
PLEASE

Tom Servo
December 27th, 2018, 06:49 PM
Went to see in-laws in Prescott, AZ for Christmas. Apparently, Prescott is "America's Christmas City". *Everyone* makes it a point to say "Merry Christmas" to you. "Merry Christmas" doesn't bug me, and I regularly say it, but the number of people saying it almost like automatons made me think I was in "They Live".

Crazed_Insanity
December 28th, 2018, 08:06 AM
PLEASE

Tom Servo
December 28th, 2018, 08:17 AM
No. It was a good joke and I stand by it.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/theylive.jpg

Crazed_Insanity
December 28th, 2018, 09:13 AM
Remember, the glasses were found in a church! Merry Xmas and happy new year! :p

FaultyMario
December 28th, 2018, 11:19 AM
PLEASE

I don't know if It's available in all regions, but i think you'll enjoy porta dos fundos Christmas special on Netflix.

Tom Servo
December 28th, 2018, 12:46 PM
Well, this is fun.

Jill Stein used campaign donations to pay for her trip to an RT party in Moscow, according to the lawyer Stein's paying with money raised to recount the 2016 election.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jill-steins-recount-cash-pays-for-her-russia-legal-defense?via=twitter_page

The most recent Stein campaign FEC filing shows she's still paying her 2016 campaign manager, David Cobb, a salary in excess of $90,000 a year -- to do what is unclear. Originally, Stein promised recount donors they'd get to vote on how to spend this cash.

Jill Stein's 2016 campaign manager, David Cobb, is now earning $11,280 a month in 2016 recount money, according to Stein's latest FEC report. That's a 50 percent raise, per the Dec. 21 filing. Other staffers received a 33 percent increase in salary.

http://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/forms/C00581199/1263537/sb/ALL

Crazed_Insanity
December 28th, 2018, 02:56 PM
Dude, who cares about Jill Stein now?

If you guys still believe she’s the reason why Hillary lost, here are the reasons why it’s not true: https://reason.com/blog/2018/12/26/no-jill-stein-did-not-cost-hillary-clint/amp

Reason for me personally would be that I wouldn’t vote in the 1st place.

Yeah yeah, she’s probably not worth my vote in retrospect, but glad I didn’t pay for her campaign... :p

Tom Servo
December 28th, 2018, 03:18 PM
She ran for president. This is the politics thread. She's apparently misappropriating money around a recount of the presidential election. It seems apropos.

Also, what weird-ass 1995 website did you send me to?

mk
December 29th, 2018, 05:14 AM
Is this Ocasio-Cortez, Jeffries and Lee thing already my team vs. blue team?

How many longer time group in group there are in the congress?

Are there many multi group members?

neanderthal
December 29th, 2018, 10:23 AM
Good read. (https://www.newsweek.com/myths-cost-democrats-presidential-election-521044?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true)

Crazed_Insanity
December 29th, 2018, 07:05 PM
Not really that good... I’d totally believe it if you said that article was authored by you.

Look, anti-established candidates were in fashion back in 2016. If it weren’t the weak DNC helping Hillary, then it’s the majority of the liberal voters supporting a clearly established candidate against the rising tide of nationalism around the world.

Liberals lost somehow. Whatever the reason for that lost, blaming it on Jill Stein, or the unhappy voters who voted for her in the end, won’t really solve anything.

Time to re-examine why was there a political climate change that caused the rising tide in the 1st place. Are you guys sure maintaining status quo will really lower that tide?

We are more like Brexit, or maybe worse... and France offers us a glimpse of what would happen if Hillary won. Both scenarios suck.

How can we fix it? I don’t know. Could Jill or Bernie really fix it? Probably not. But I’m pretty sure Hillary will make it worse. As for Trump... yeah, TBD. Fingers crossed. I’m happy with no wars.

neanderthal
December 29th, 2018, 08:23 PM
Not really that good... I’d totally believe it if you said that article was authored by you.

Look, anti-established candidates were in fashion back in 2016. If it weren’t the weak DNC helping Hillary, then it’s the majority of the liberal voters supporting a clearly established candidate against the rising tide of nationalism around the world.

Liberals lost somehow. Whatever the reason for that lost, blaming it on Jill Stein, or the unhappy voters who voted for her in the end, won’t really solve anything.

Time to re-examine why was there a political climate change that caused the rising tide in the 1st place. Are you guys sure maintaining status quo will really lower that tide?

We are more like Brexit, or maybe worse... and France offers us a glimpse of what would happen if Hillary won. Both scenarios suck.

How can we fix it? I don’t know. Could Jill or Bernie really fix it? Probably not. But I’m pretty sure Hillary will make it worse. As for Trump... yeah, TBD. Fingers crossed. I’m happy with no wars.

I'm not Kurt Eichenwald. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Eichenwald)

Your response is completely debunked by everything we know and have learnt since, and the most telling thing is that you still refuse to acknowledge you and your ilk were hoodwinked by 3rd party candidates and that cost us the election.

Then you have the nerve to say Trumps presidency is "still TBD" meanwhile it's been a shit show since day one. Kids being ripped apart from their families at the border, but NBD. Courts being stacked, but NBD. Tax breaks for corps and the wealthy but NBD. etc

Crazed_Insanity
December 29th, 2018, 10:53 PM
Yes, I refuse to acknowledge my vote for Jill helped Trump in any way. Even for states other than CA, it won’t be easy to prove Jill Stein caused Hillary to lose. https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2016/11/11/13576798/jill-stein-third-party-donald-trump-win

Liberals definitely put up a better show, just as political correctness is all just a show..., but like I said, why is there a global trend of nationalism rising? If the show is really really so good, why were so many around the world so unhappy?

Trump for sure is the worst showman on earth, no argument there..., but he is trying to do what past admins failed to do.

mk
December 30th, 2018, 02:02 AM
Tribalization

https://medium.com/@koertdebeuf/tribalization-d6446b5301ed

Crazed_Insanity
December 30th, 2018, 08:15 AM
That’s a good, but depressing read...

Freude am Fahren
January 4th, 2019, 10:48 AM
:rolleyes:
http://gtxforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=3167&d=1546631255

MR2 Fan
January 4th, 2019, 10:53 AM
AOC looks good dancing....that is all

FaultyMario
January 4th, 2019, 11:30 AM
... That is not all.

Crazed_Insanity
January 4th, 2019, 11:57 AM
I like her dance moves for sure, but according to Anderson Cooper's interview with her... she said she's for zero carbon emission and no use of fossil fuels in 12 years?!?!?!? Okay... I'm sure Elon Musk will be okay with that... and Tesla will be the ginormous-est company in the world! ;)

MR2 Fan
January 4th, 2019, 01:08 PM
... That is not all.

I meant that is all I had to say, not that's all that is good with her being in office....sorry if that was mis-interpreted!

FaultyMario
January 4th, 2019, 01:17 PM
And I'm sorry for not being able to type out my thoughts. The kinkier ones, i mean.

MR2 Fan
January 4th, 2019, 01:31 PM
And I'm sorry for not being able to type out my thoughts. The kinkier ones, i mean.

:devil:

mk
January 5th, 2019, 06:49 AM
->2020
Rep 170+45(OH,GA,AZ)+90(FL,PA,MI,NC,WI)
Dem 182+27(VA,CO,NM)+24(MN,NV,ME,NH)

Diff 37

Is Trump seeing the impossible and acting accordingly?

ps.
Swedes are still without new government.
Still two(2/4) prime minister votes available/needed before new election.

MR2 Fan
January 8th, 2019, 02:35 PM
So there's been a big push for the networks not to air Trump's presidential address at the border or whatever tonight.

I understand that, but I think what they should do is air it on a delay and have live fact-checking instead.

I'm thinking about precedent in news coverage for future presidents and what kind of slippery slope we offer if news channels just not air presidential addresses of an important nature (I realize this border wall thing really isn't one of them, but it's being promoted as such).

Freude am Fahren
January 8th, 2019, 03:12 PM
They should use the 5 sec delay and just mute the lies. It'll be all silent.

G'day Mate
January 8th, 2019, 05:23 PM
So he said ... basically nothing? I was expecting a declaration of crisis, but all he seemed to do was try and appeal to his base to get up and be loud about it.

Did Fox News show the response from Democrats?

Freude am Fahren
January 8th, 2019, 06:07 PM
They did. I didn't stick around to hear their analysis though.

G'day Mate
January 8th, 2019, 06:13 PM
Whose show was it, Hannity's?

Tom Servo
January 8th, 2019, 07:20 PM
I did hear that Shepard Smith did some fact-checking on Fox News just after the president's speech. I couldn't force myself to watch the shitshow, figured I'd catch highlights later. Of note, the Twitter traffic about it is less than I would have expected. Kinda seems like it was a whole lot of nothing, just the same shit he's been saying, only I'm presuming in his quieter "president" voice that he gets when a teleprompter is involved.

sandydandy
January 9th, 2019, 05:13 AM
I caught a bit of his speech. Usual gibberish.

FaultyMario
January 9th, 2019, 06:05 AM
brb writing a super villain with flame powers whose secret identity is Forrest Fires

(@saladinahmed (https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/status/1083013913225105408))

Freude am Fahren
January 9th, 2019, 06:59 AM
(context)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwerZoHX4AAg4k4.jpg:large

Tom Servo
January 9th, 2019, 07:17 AM
Apparently administration sources are saying that the impetus for that is that he wants to get back at Pelosi for saying mean things about him last night, as she's recently requested increased federal funding for fire response, rebuilding, and mitigation.

The typos are just the icing on that shit sandwich.

tigeraid
January 9th, 2019, 07:40 AM
Typos only tend to happen once. He misspelled it twice. Because he's a fucking uneducated child.

FaultyMario
January 9th, 2019, 08:15 AM
No, that's part of his standard diversion 'technique': it's like 90% mean, 9% whacko, and 1% stupid shit for people to focus on.

Tom Servo
January 9th, 2019, 08:17 AM
Yeah, the more important part is that if it's FEMA money he's trying to stop, he's just threatening to stop federal funding for people already displaced by the wildfires out here, which seems kinda dickish.

'Course, most of those people were affected by the Camp Fire which was in a pretty solidly red part of the state, so....

Also, a lot of this supposedly poorly managed land was federal forest land, not under CA's purview. Not sure how much better that management's gonna be while the government is shut down.

tigeraid
January 9th, 2019, 08:25 AM
No, that's part of his standard diversion 'technique': it's like 90% mean, 9% whacko, and 1% stupid shit for people to focus on.

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/selectall/2017/02/09/09-roll-safe.w700.h700.jpg

Crazed_Insanity
January 9th, 2019, 10:42 AM
Typos only tend to happen once. He misspelled it twice. Because he's a fucking uneducated child.

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/stupid-is-as-stupid-does-gif.gif

Godson
January 9th, 2019, 12:00 PM
Just watch the first three minutes. Shepard is on point.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/424474-fox-newss-shep-smith-immediately-fact-check-trump-address

George
January 9th, 2019, 12:24 PM
I spent the three minutes trying to close all the popups on that site.

Still, nice to see Fox News saying something that isn't 100% pro-Trump.

drew
January 10th, 2019, 01:31 AM
They just need to go to Home Depot and get rakes. It works for Finland.

Tom Servo
January 10th, 2019, 06:45 AM
“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” King asked in an interview with The New York Times published on Thursday.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/424688-steve-king-asks-how-terms-white-nationalist-and-white-supremacist-became

Dicknose
January 10th, 2019, 03:46 PM
Interesting ranking of "democracy"
https://datawrapper.dwcdn.net/jkMCN/2/

Not a huge surprise our buddies in North Korea are last.
Those damn Scandinavians all in the top 10. En-Zed doing the pacific proud.
I was surprised by how low ranked were places like Italy, Hungary and South Africa.

tigeraid
January 10th, 2019, 04:17 PM
TIED WITH THOSE FILTHY POTATO-EATERS!?

Hey, you guys are creeping up on Chili.

"LONG LIVE CHILI--DAMMIT!"

Crazed_Insanity
January 10th, 2019, 05:40 PM
What does the ranking mean exactly?

US is a flawed democracy because of electoral college or what? Also UK voted for brexit, that’s not flawed in any way? ;)

Tom Servo
January 10th, 2019, 06:25 PM

Short synopsis along with a link to the full white paper is available here: http://www.eiu.com/topic/democracy-index

Tom Servo
January 10th, 2019, 08:17 PM
It looks like a bunch of news outlets, including Fox, are reporting that Trump is looking at getting the Army Corps of Engineers to see if they can divert funds from CA wildfire, FL, TX, and PR hurricane relief to build the wall. Sarah Sanders says that it's all fake news, but then says that that doesn't mean that it won't happen.

Tom Servo
January 10th, 2019, 08:20 PM
Also, Lol: https://twitter.com/RespectableLaw/status/1083449803936329728

neanderthal
January 11th, 2019, 09:25 AM

US is a flawed democracy because of electoral college or what? Also UK voted for brexit, that’s not flawed in any way? ;)

It means "the greatest country in the world" is barely better than Botswana; where they have seven cows for each person.

Or had...

FaultyMario
January 11th, 2019, 09:45 AM
That's stretch, Mo.

We all know it.

Crazed_Insanity
January 11th, 2019, 10:09 AM
Yeah, democracy is nice, but it's not all that representative of everything about that nation.

Honduras is about in the middle of the ranking..., but that doesn't mean all nations below have citizens wanting to flee their violent country in search of better life...

G'day Mate
January 11th, 2019, 01:17 PM
What is interesting is that the countries of leaders Trump admires most are all in the red zone

SportWagon
January 11th, 2019, 01:20 PM
Interesting, maybe, but not really unexpected.

Crazed_Insanity
January 11th, 2019, 03:03 PM
What is interesting is that the countries of leaders Trump admires most are all in the red zone

He just wishes he has more control to be able to do whatever he wants.

In order for a president to gain more control in US, he needs a war, yet he chooses to withdraw troops... so not sure what he’s thinking...

Anyway, I think that democracy ranking is probably most indicative of stability/safety. For example, Uruguay is probably the most stable/safest Latin American nations?

Those lower in ranking increase the chance of you or your company getting screwed over by its people or government somehow?

Also noticed most nations on top of the list are nations in cooler geographic locations... to help people have cooler heads so democracy can work better? ;)

G'day Mate
January 11th, 2019, 03:37 PM
Interesting, maybe, but not really unexpected.

No not at all, it's just well illustrated

Crazed_Insanity
January 11th, 2019, 06:04 PM
Anyway, I really think democrats are wasting their huge opportunity to deal with Trump...

Rather than just doing nothing and shutting down the government, ask Trump why do we really need a wall to protect America? Why can’t we just use our thoughts and prayers to keep illegal terrorists and rapists away?

If he admits that’s thoughts and prayers won’t work, then ask him how much money he needs to keep America safe from sick people who own guns. Package these two issues together as keep America safe again!

At the moment, we all just sit and watch America rot away...

MR2 Fan
January 12th, 2019, 12:26 PM
I'll be honest, I heard Julian Castro was running for 2020 and thought it was referring to Cuba. I didn't know there was a Julian Castro in American politics, he's going to need to win some name recognition (yes, Obama did also)

Tom Servo
January 12th, 2019, 02:44 PM
Trump has concealed details of his face-to-face encounters with Putin from senior officials in administration (https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-has-concealed-details-of-his-face-to-face-encounters-with-putin-from-senior-officials-in-administration/2019/01/12/65f6686c-1434-11e9-b6ad-9cfd62dbb0a8_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.ae5936a9d6a2)

Rikadyn
January 13th, 2019, 04:58 AM
No he hasn't, I am sure the Russian government knows. >.>

mk
January 14th, 2019, 01:32 AM
Can GOP think they can still keep the senate?
If so how far can Trump go?

For starters AL is clearly an error, so GOP starts from 54.
Flipping AZ(McCain), CO(not red) and GA(Abrams) is still 51.

On the other hand,
flipping also ME(Collins) and MI(public hanging) is 49.
Then more from weak reds(IA, MO and NC) and it's 46.
Quite a flip but still far from filibuster free government.

FaultyMario
January 14th, 2019, 08:16 AM
Is teacher's pay affected by the shutdown?

Tom Servo
January 14th, 2019, 08:23 AM
Not as far as I know. I think teachers are generally employees of their school district, not federal. We just started a teacher strike in the Los Angeles Unified School District, and I have a feeling it wouldn't be as big of a deal as it is if they already weren't being paid. My sister works for Cal Poly Pomona and her pay is uninterrupted.

The359
January 14th, 2019, 10:13 AM
Postal employees are not affected by the shut down, despite being federal employees. I believe we fall under essential.

tigeraid
January 14th, 2019, 11:56 AM
FUKKEN' LOL

https://splinternews.com/free-market-boner-rand-paul-is-getting-hernia-surgery-i-1831742735

...the Louisville Courier Journal reports that [Senator] Paul, who is still recovering from his injuries as a result of Neighborgate, will go to Canada later this month to get hernia surgery.

...Paul—an ophthalmologist by trade who once compared the right to healthcare to slavery—is going to another country where healthcare for everyone is guaranteed and funded by the government via a program called Medicare, in order to get better quality care than he would have here in the United States, which has a Frankenstein-like monstrosity of a healthcare system that still leaves tens of millions uninsured.

Crazed_Insanity
January 14th, 2019, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I saw that too...

The question I initially had was why would Canada allow illegals access to their socialized healthcare? Shouldn't there at least be some sort of virtual wall to stop a US Senator from taking advantage of it?

Upon further reading I realized he was going to a private hospital paying for it himself... or his neighbor, so it's not as hypocritical as news media let out to be...

Still, it proves that socialized healthcare is still capable of maintaining a top notch care that patients from around the world would want to visit.

MR2 Fan
January 14th, 2019, 02:36 PM
Jeff Tiedrich @itsJeffTiedrich

Rand Paul goes to Canada for surgery because their socialized medicine is better and cheaper than ours and Laura Loomer jumps Pelosi's fence, thereby proving that walls don't keep people out and we need just one more entry today to have a Conservative Dipshit Self-Own Trifecta

Dicknose
January 15th, 2019, 02:20 AM
Our health system isnt perfect and some things arent covered - we have people go to South East Asia for cheap operations or dental.

tigeraid
January 15th, 2019, 03:44 AM
Upon further reading I realized he was going to a private hospital paying for it himself... or his neighbor, so it's not as hypocritical as news media let out to be...

But still hypocritical, as the facility is supported by socialized medicine and subsidized by our government. People outside of Canada can pay to partake of the services as well. So he's still "using medicine provided by socialism", basically.

And, further, he's always been one to tout America's healthcare system as being unparalleled and the best in the world, BECAUSE of free-market capitalism. So why come here?

Crazed_Insanity
January 15th, 2019, 09:59 AM
That's true and I fully agree with your statement. That's why I said it's not AS hypocritical as the media let out to be... at 1st glance, most news reports made it sound as if he's freeloading off of Canadian healthcare, but I think he mostly made his decision based on what's best for him? Anyway, he's obviously participating canadian slave trading healthcare system and his payment for such service is his endorsement for slavery... ;)

It is rather amazing why he does it. He couldn't find an American doctor to do this? What will be his excuse for Obamacare next time?

FaultyMario
January 15th, 2019, 04:33 PM
Yo bulldawgs! I heard you liked exit plans so i put an exit plan on your exit plans...

George
January 17th, 2019, 12:11 PM
https://www.rollingstone.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/donald-trump-fast-food.jpg?crop=900:600&width=1440

https://i.imgur.com/VPNW46a.gif

Tom Servo
January 17th, 2019, 12:54 PM
It sounds like Michael Cohen was also given some money to help boost Trump's rating in online polls, something like $50k to give to a small IT firm called RedFinch that just so happened to be owned by the CIO of Liberty University. Michael also apparently asked that they create a Twitter account called "@WomenForCohen" to tweet about how hot he is.

I am not making this up.

https://theslot.jezebel.com/michael-cohen-reportedly-paid-someone-to-create-a-fake-1831834133

Also of note, it looks like then Cohen stiffed them, paying out significantly less than the $50k offered (I've heard both $18K and "$12-$13k plus a glove that had previously been worn by a Brazilian MMA fighter.")

I'm not sure that this is directly politics related, but it is hilarious, so I'm going for it.

Crazed_Insanity
January 17th, 2019, 06:19 PM
I’d Definitely vote for more humor in the political thread... :up: :)

Tom Servo
January 17th, 2019, 06:47 PM
Oh lordy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxKeE_7WsAA_YRD.jpg:large

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jasonleopold/trump-russia-cohen-moscow-tower-mueller-investigation

neanderthal
January 18th, 2019, 05:01 AM
Treason; punishable by up to the death penalty.

Jason
January 18th, 2019, 05:04 AM
Yet McConnell and company will continue to hump his leg like he's the second coming of Ronald American Jesus Reagan.

Freude am Fahren
January 18th, 2019, 03:51 PM
And if/when he and his ilk do finally turn on Trump, their bases (those slightly less deplorable than Trump's base) won't see them for the spineless cunts that they are.

George
January 18th, 2019, 04:07 PM
^^^ See also Ted Cruz.

Tom Servo
January 18th, 2019, 04:24 PM
That's one of the ones that I think has shocked me the most. Texas has that reputation where you don't mess with someone, and you sure don't insult their wife, yet somehow they're okay with their senator basically saying "Please, sir, can I have another?"

Jason
January 18th, 2019, 05:28 PM
Mueller's spokesperson has since stated that BuzzFeed's article is in accurate. Bad look for the "liberal" media. 😐

Crazed_Insanity
January 18th, 2019, 06:55 PM
Inaccurate as it is... Anyway, I still think Trump’s days are numbered.

Republican Party has finally repudiated Rep Steve King. He’s basically John the Baptist for Trump. Not only that, King’s Election win in Iowa also had the lowest margin ever...

Government shut down and trade wars might further ruin the economy...

Can things rebound for trump in 2020? I think not. Fingers crossed.

MR2 Fan
January 18th, 2019, 11:11 PM
Mueller's spokesperson has since stated that BuzzFeed's article is in accurate. Bad look for the "liberal" media. ��

What's being interpreted by other outlets is that the source was their investigation is the part that's inaccurate, not the actual situation....in other words, it could have come from SDNY

SkylineObsession
January 18th, 2019, 11:21 PM
Tuesday, 3 November, 2020.

Can't wait for this date. :)

Tom Servo
January 22nd, 2019, 05:30 AM
This New Yorker interview with Rudy Giuliani is pretty wild.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/the-new-yorker-interview/even-if-he-did-do-it-it-wouldnt-be-a-crime-rudy-giuliani-donald-trump-robert-mueller-moscow-buzzfeed

21Kid
January 22nd, 2019, 07:39 AM
Why isn't there more pressure being put on Mitch McConnell? He is the one preventing the government from opening.

That's the exact reason we have different levels of government.

Trump is the ONLY person who wants this dumb wall. By refusing to do his job, McConnell is basically making trump into a dictator.

MR2 Fan
January 22nd, 2019, 08:01 AM
Why isn't there more pressure being put on Mitch McConnell? He is the one preventing the government from opening.

That's the exact reason we have different levels of government.

Trump is the ONLY person who wants this dumb wall. By refusing to do his job, McConnell is basically making trump into a dictator.

Agreed, he's just as complicit and evil as Trump is.

The359
January 22nd, 2019, 06:28 PM
Everyone is going on about this MAGA teenager versus Native American veteran thing in DC. All I can think to myself is, remember when the conservatives were in a big uproar over school children singing songs about Obama and fear of indoctrination? Yet a school ships teeangers to a protest in full Trump ensemble and no one bats an eye?

Crazed_Insanity
January 23rd, 2019, 08:55 AM
Both should be fine and protected under law.

Wearing MAGA cap and marching for life should be protected under freedom of speech.

Singing praise and worship song to a president should also be covered under freedom of religion.

Anyway, seriously, the conspiracy theorist in me is thinking some foreign entity, whether russia or china or whatever, is still actively using social media to stir up shit between Americans.

Tom Servo
January 23rd, 2019, 10:41 AM
I think everyone agrees with that. Nobody that I've seen has been calling for people to be arrested for anything.

Phil_SS
January 23rd, 2019, 12:06 PM
The kid looks like a total douche. And it always amazes me, how often this stuff goes down and it is a Catholic school that is involved, doesn't the bible say to be nice to your neighbor and shit. Just blows my mind.

And no Billi, I don't need a dissertation on what the bible says. Thanks.

Crazed_Insanity
January 23rd, 2019, 12:08 PM
I mentioned nothing of the bible.

As far as I know, the boy wasn't being mean to the old man. Your mind was simply blown by a fake tweet.

Calm down dude.

Tom Servo
January 23rd, 2019, 01:20 PM
He was referring to his own sentence about saying "doesn't the bible say to be nice to your neighbor and shit." He never claimed you did, was just telling you not to bother if you were going to.

Calm down, dude.

Crazed_Insanity
January 23rd, 2019, 01:50 PM
Yes. Let's move forward.

Tom Servo
January 23rd, 2019, 01:56 PM
Along those lines, The Daily was about this whole Lincoln Memorial thing today, I found it a good listen: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/23/podcasts/the-daily/covington-nathan-phillips.html

neanderthal
January 23rd, 2019, 11:03 PM
Ask all the "he's just a kid" naysayers what they thought about Trayvon Martin; he was a thug...

This lil cunt is what becomes a Brett Kavanaugh.

And the stories coming out about this school, the behaviour, the ... i'm just gonna go to sleep.

Crazed_Insanity
January 24th, 2019, 08:54 AM
Such over generalization is what helped this falsely captioned video clip, by an unknown bogus tweeter, to go viral.

Yes, hope you had a good nite's sleep. Sometimes it's just not worth it listening to 'stories' and getting all riled up by them. You're not even sure if they're real or not. If laws were broken, then we should definitely try to get them convicted in court of law, rather than trying white people thru the court of public opinions.

Fight the good fight like Dr. King... with Truth and Peace. That's how things can end well and also with lasting impact.

Tom Servo
January 25th, 2019, 04:29 AM
Roger Stone's been arrested by the FBI. He's been indicted for one count of obstruction, five counts of making false statements, and one count of witness tampering.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/ex-trump-adviser-roger-stone-arrested-part-mueller-probe-n962601

MR2 Fan
January 25th, 2019, 06:39 AM
Looks like we can add more to the Indictment Bingo card

https://i.redd.it/hap38kjjvz301.jpg

MR2 Fan
January 25th, 2019, 07:58 AM
Not related to today's news, but some pro-Billionaire getting totally self-owned by his tweet about Elizabeth Warren's tax plan, comments are gold

https://twitter.com/PatrickRuffini/status/1088618891146919936

FaultyMario
January 25th, 2019, 09:14 AM
There's a video doing the rounds from a WaPo panel held during Davos, in which Michael Dell asks to be shown where a marginal tax rate of 70% has worked in helping the economy.

Panel and audience laugh.

Head of MIT's digital economy interrupts and says that for 30 plus years, the MTR for high-income earners in the U.S. was around that, and that it coincided with a period of sustained growth.

Panel and audience fall in uncomfortable silence.

Tom Servo
January 25th, 2019, 01:17 PM
I've heard someone call today's arrest of Roger Stone as "grabbing Trump by the posse" and I can't work any more today (https://twitter.com/GeoffTebbetts/status/1088910889904947200)

In other news, the government is now open again for the next three weeks. They're really trying to spin this as Trump winning, but I don't see how this is anything other than caving.

drew
January 25th, 2019, 03:39 PM
Of course he's trying to make himself the hero. FUUUUUCKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUU.

What a twat.

MR2 Fan
January 25th, 2019, 06:01 PM
Sean Hannity eventually going down too it looks like:

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/fox-news-sean-hannity-appears-acted-directives-newly-revealed-stone-wikileaks-emails/

BTW, people have mentioned that the official Fox News account hasn't posted anything on twitter since November 8th, since it was revealed that they were part of an FBI investigation....interesting and correct.

Tom Servo
January 25th, 2019, 07:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxzpwA-UwAIcTeM.jpg:large

drew
January 26th, 2019, 03:52 AM
Sean Hannity eventually going down too it looks like:

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/fox-news-sean-hannity-appears-acted-directives-newly-revealed-stone-wikileaks-emails/

BTW, people have mentioned that the official Fox News account hasn't posted anything on twitter since November 8th, since it was revealed that they were part of an FBI investigation....interesting and correct.

I'm loving all of this. SA is another despicable human being. Now he's at TWO connections to this whole thing. I find it amazing that the loyal FN viewers are still drinking the Kool-Aid from a fire house, and can't see the skull and crossbones on the tank.

Trump's routine:

Talk about some nonsensical bullshit crisis, create nonsensical bullshit crisis, cave in because you're the political equivalent of a toddler in a UFC match with McGregor, claim victory for resolving the nonsensical bullshit crisis you caused, that never would have existing, had you not made up some nonsensical bullshit crisis.

Fuck this guy.

mk
January 26th, 2019, 07:11 AM
More adults found.

21Kid
January 27th, 2019, 06:52 AM
Looks like we can add more to the Indictment Bingo card

https://i.redd.it/hap38kjjvz301.jpg

I like the one that The Daily Show has. (doesn't look like it has been updated)

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1071475135847239681/photo/1

FaultyMario
January 27th, 2019, 06:49 PM
Business as usual, as usual. (https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/427156-clinton-not-ruling-out-running-in-2020-report)

Crazed_Insanity
January 28th, 2019, 10:46 AM
It’d be awesome to see trump vs Hillary again!

Not!

Anyway, so was the govt shut down worth it?

Not!

Wish at least one side actually cares about the people.

Like Trump said, most federal workers not paid probably were mostly liberals... political wins are more important I guess.

George
January 28th, 2019, 12:17 PM
What kind of "nothing-news" is this?

Hillary, Clinton, the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, reportedly has yet to rule out running for the Oval Office again in 2020.

In other "news", she has "reportedly" not won the Tour de France nor walked on the moon. :rolleyes:

FaultyMario
January 28th, 2019, 01:06 PM
most federal workers not paid probably were mostly liberals...

Well duh.

Crazed_Insanity
January 28th, 2019, 01:23 PM
If I were Pelosi Schumer, I’d let him have his damn wall. As wasteful and ineffective as the walls going to be, this is not really something worth fighting for like that...

MR2 Fan
January 28th, 2019, 01:26 PM
Wrong. If he get this, he'll do the same thing again for another stupid project

Crazed_Insanity
January 28th, 2019, 01:37 PM
One has to pick the proper battle. If we’re talking about starting an unjust war or something totally unethical, then I’d understand. But it’s just a freaking wall. What harm would it cause?

Govt shut down probably caused greater harm to more Americans than building that wall.

Tom Servo
January 28th, 2019, 02:02 PM
The harm is exactly what MR2 said. It's essentially giving the hostage taker what he wants, which will encourage him to take more hostages. It would also set a hilariously awful precedent, that the president could just ram through whatever he or she wants by turning the screws on 800,000 workers who have no say in the matter.

The president is co-equal in the government with the house and senate. Giving in to this would essentially give the president a dictator-level power, and would literally degrade our entire system of government.

MR2 Fan
January 28th, 2019, 02:08 PM
He also could have done it when the GOP was in control of both houses, except he couldn't because there already weren't enough of votes, OR he could have tried to do it in the 2 years he's been in office. Instead he waits until he can try to blame someone else.

Tom Servo
January 28th, 2019, 02:11 PM
What kind of "nothing-news" is this?

Where was that from? That's pretty bad.

Crazed_Insanity
January 28th, 2019, 03:44 PM
He also could have done it when the GOP was in control of both houses, except he couldn't because there already weren't enough of votes, OR he could have tried to do it in the 2 years he's been in office. Instead he waits until he can try to blame someone else.

That’s the thing. Now he has somebody to blame when he couldn’t get it done. If he gets the wall he wins. If he couldn’t get the wall, he won’t lose. While they play this political game, federal workers and the economy suffers.

But anyway, who cares about them workers. It’ll be wonderful if US economy tanks, because then dems will have a shot at winning the White House! :)

George
January 29th, 2019, 10:24 AM
Where was that from? That's pretty bad.

From Mario's link in post #12717: Business as usual, as usual. (https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/427156-clinton-not-ruling-out-running-in-2020-report)

I didn't need to comment, I guess, but I was struck by how little that article says and how it's just not news at all. I see lots of stuff like that and don't reply but lately I've been realizing that so many "Read this!" links are just worthless.

But, that's politics, I guess. I'm happier when I don't think/read/talk about it and should remember that.

Tom Servo
January 29th, 2019, 11:19 AM
Aww man, totally got busted not reading the article Mario posted.

FaultyMario
January 29th, 2019, 11:55 AM
I was kind of cryptic because I thought that if you'd hover over the phrase you'd know everything you needed to know from the actual URL.

FaultyMario
January 30th, 2019, 07:02 AM
Is having a record a requisite for working in the trumpian White House?

Elliott Abrams (https://www.thenation.com/article/rehabilitation-elliott-abrams/), U.S. envoy to Venezuela (https://www.reuters.com/article/us-venezuela-politics-usa-abrams/former-u-s-diplomat-abrams-to-lead-efforts-on-venezuela-idUSKCN1PJ2IC)

Also, with more info coming out everyday regarding the reasons for U.S. intervention in commodity-rich countries (https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/world/latin-america/article225202140.html), I grow more worried that you yanks live under a regime of despots (https://www.reuters.com/article/mexico-pemex-peso/mexicos-peso-weakens-after-fitch-downgrades-pemex-credit-rating-idUSL1N1ZU03D) and hypocrites (https://www.pri.org/stories/2019-01-21/mexicos-gas-crisis-explained). But worry not, those are your own problems and I believe in self-determination.

Rikadyn
January 30th, 2019, 04:15 PM
Most damage Hillary Clinton could inflict on the gop is by dying

Tom Servo
February 4th, 2019, 07:54 PM
Trump's inaugural committee is under investigation by federal prosecutors in New York for accepting illegal contributions from foreigners, among other things. Today they received a subpoena for documents about its donors, finances and activities. (https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/04/us/politics/trump-inaugural-committee-subpoena.html)

tigeraid
February 5th, 2019, 04:59 AM
Oh good. As if Zinke wasn't corrupt enough.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/428395-trump-picks-ex-oil-lobbyist-david-bernhard-for-interior-secretary

President Trump is picking David Bernhardt, a former energy lobbyist, to be the Interior Department’s next secretary.

As deputy secretary, Bernhardt, a Colorado native, worked hand in hand with Zinke on his oil and gas leasing agenda and took the lead on many others, including the administration's push to drill in Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and the rollback of a number of Endangered Species Act regulations.

In the past he’s called the ESA an “unnecessary regulatory burden.” The rule proposal he helped roll out in July would make it easier to delist an endangered species and would withdraw a policy that offered the same protections for threatened species as for endangered species unless otherwise specified.

21Kid
February 5th, 2019, 10:51 AM
It's like a toddler pushing the envelope to see how bad they can act before they get in trouble.

Only in this case, the GOP has been letting him get away with everything for 2 years.

tigeraid
February 5th, 2019, 11:14 AM
It's like it's straight out of an Austin Powers movie. "Who do we put in charge of the National Parks and protecting endangered wild life? I know! This moustache-twirling oil magnate!"

FaultyMario
February 6th, 2019, 05:21 AM
Dems can't not nominate a woman for president now. You guys ready for a Trump repeat?

I can only see Gabbard putting up a good fight, but there's no way she can navigate The Maze®.

FaultyMario
February 6th, 2019, 06:54 AM
I don't know who Rick Wilson is, but he had me rolling on the floor. (https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-state-of-the-union-protection-racket-either-mueller-gets-it-or-the-american-economy-does)

Sure, we all knew he would trot out the usual base-stoking Wallsturbation lines, and he didn’t disappoint. We’ve heard the dramatic claims so often they’re almost laughable. Trump’s followers still persist in their belief he’ll produce the Wall, but he was practically begging for the Freedom Ditch by the end.

neanderthal
February 6th, 2019, 06:55 AM
Dems can't not nominate a woman for president now. You guys ready for a Trump repeat?

I can only see Gabbard putting up a good fight, but there's no way she can navigate The Maze®.

Gabbard? Whom David Duke has endorsed? No thanks.

FaultyMario
February 6th, 2019, 09:01 AM
Gabbard? Whom David Duke has endorsed? No thanks.

Hillary hasn't confirmed she's running this time, so you can't start the cheer just yet.

21Kid
February 6th, 2019, 09:58 AM
Kamala Harris might have a good chance

Crazed_Insanity
February 6th, 2019, 10:28 AM
The right is enabling BS pussy grabbing racists, but the left is also killing themselves. Bunch of candidates coming out apologizing for this and that done thousands of years ago.

I don't understand why people can't just objectively assess how competent a politician is and how is he/she doing RIGHT NOW and do you believe such politician will take our country in the right direction?

Can you imagine having an annual performance review with your manager at work... and then he said that, 'sorry Billi, because you painted your face black, possibly raped somebody or self identified as a Cherokee few decades back, we're just gonna have to ask you to resign because you're a disgrace to the company. We don't really care how productive you are, you're just too toxic now. Bye.'

And then he turns around and hire some frat pussy grabbing college kid who claims he loves Jesus and going to make this company great again to fill my spot.

This company is going far....

off the deep end.

Crazed_Insanity
February 6th, 2019, 10:33 AM
Kamala Harris might have a good chance

She reminds me of a darker skin Hillary Clinton.

Jason
February 6th, 2019, 12:28 PM
VA Governor either wore black face or KKK robes in college

VA Lt. Governor is accused of rape

VA Attorney General wore black face in college

All Democrats.

This is why I'm not big on the party as a whole, sure they're better than Republicans, but they're still kinda shitty.

MR2 Fan
February 6th, 2019, 01:28 PM

All Democrats.

This is why I'm not big on the party as a whole, sure they're better than Republicans, but they're still kinda shitty.

Region is also important. Virginia Democrats are probably like California Republicans

George
February 7th, 2019, 09:36 AM
https://i.redd.it/r4ehehpk65f21.jpg

MR2 Fan
February 7th, 2019, 09:49 AM
:lol:

Crazed_Insanity
February 7th, 2019, 11:51 AM
At least he looks happy...

All Democrats.

I disliked Hillary only because I don’t believe she can properly lead this country... I don’t believe Trump the guy either... however, if Hillary were elected and somebody found some dirt about something stupid done decades ago, I wouldn’t want her to resign. I can understand smears during elections, but dems are getting out of hand with these witch-hunts. Pretty soon Republicans like Trump will be able to take over. Because they are catching on how they can get rid of dems. Just dig around for dirt...

It is just unwise to retroactively judge somebody about something stupid done decades ago. Let the shitty past go. Even if a person were found out to be a former Nazi, if he is doing something good now, is he still a Nazi?

The left doesn’t believe in Jesus but expect everyone to be squeaky clean like Jesus. The right is more inclined to believe in Jesus, but is way too forgiving with unrepentant sinners... wish our nation can be more balanced in between.

Tom Servo
February 7th, 2019, 12:58 PM
The left doesn’t believe in Jesus but expect everyone to be squeaky clean like Jesus. The right is more inclined to believe in Jesus, but is way too forgiving with unrepentant sinners... wish our nation can be more balanced in between.

FWIW: Per a Pew Research study, 85% of democrats believe in God to varying degrees of certainty, 55% are absolutely certain in their belief in God, 2% don't know if they believe in God, and 13% don't believe.

21Kid
February 7th, 2019, 01:03 PM
Even more so recently... I don't know how any Christian could support Republicans. Nearly everything they do is against the principles of the religion.