PDA

View Full Version : Politics

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100

sandydandy
May 29th, 2020, 11:26 AM
It’s a start at least.

Crazed_Insanity
May 29th, 2020, 11:32 AM
CNN reporter got arrested faster than that guy...

Yes, this fire is only getting started.

Anyway, not trying to promote violent protesting at home and abroad in HK, but when governments do unjust things, they can only brush it under the carpet for so long.

FaultyMario
May 29th, 2020, 12:07 PM
Can the U.S. go thru with DJT's threat of leaving WHO? Wouldn't that meant they'd be out of the U.N., which in turn would go against Israel's long-held impunity from the security council's resolutions?

Crazed_Insanity
May 29th, 2020, 12:12 PM
Not sure. If the president could no longer tweet out his executive orders, maybe it’s just an empty threat...

sandydandy
May 29th, 2020, 12:36 PM
Arrest/custody don’t mean jack. LA riot erupted when officers were acquitted.

This particular officer has had a history of serious abuses like this one in the past in multiple states... decades of fucking with brown people career... and was acquitted every time!

I wonder who is backing up this guy.

Nation is on fire because of him for like 3 days and he is only now being arrested... We can always hope that someone will go Iron Sheik on him in jail. Break his back, fuck his ass and make him humble.

Crazed_Insanity
May 29th, 2020, 01:27 PM
Yes, complainers of that trash police officer had been hoping for the past 19 years and the dude managed to continued working as an officer servicing or fucking various communities in multiple states.

A 19 year career of abusing brown folks. This systemic problem goes beyond trump and Obama combined... if I were brown, I’d definitely burn the motherfoquen police station down myself..., I’ll probably leave target and other retailers alone... that’s just uncalled for.

neanderthal
May 29th, 2020, 03:33 PM
100000 people have died, Trump just retweeted someone saying "the only good Democrat is dead Democrat" and he's threatened protesters with armed response from the National Guard.

Did I get that right?

Oh and Minneapolis police arrested a black journalist covering the protests, before they arrested the person who is responsible for all these protests happening in the first place.

Did I get that right too?

neanderthal
May 29th, 2020, 03:34 PM
100000 people have died, Trump just retweeted someone saying "the only good Democrat is dead Democrat" and he's threatened protesters with armed response from the National Guard.

Did I get that right?

Oh and Minneapolis police arrested a black journalist covering the protests, before they arrested the person who is responsible for all these protests happening in the first place.

Did I get that right too?

Big shout out to the people who voted for Hillary Clinton. Everybody else, ... :smh:

FaultyMario
May 29th, 2020, 03:40 PM
Racism in America is a structural problem, it goes deeper than the 2016 election.

Crazed_Insanity
May 29th, 2020, 03:51 PM
Yes, that asshole survived his career In policing/abusing minorities during all 8 years of Obama admin. Yes, it’d be nice to believe Hillary could’ve done better than Obama, but I kinda doubt that. I can definitely agree trump probably made it worse, but I don’t believe for a minute that Hillary/Biden will be able to really fix it...

Police depts nation wide really need to come up with a good explanation why such a person is being rotated all over the country wreaking havoc all over the place... blue lives are fucking themselves over...

neanderthal
May 29th, 2020, 04:30 PM
Racism in America is a structural problem, it goes deeper than the 2016 election.

When the choice was between an accomplished and competent woman, versus a racist?!?

Thanks for making my point.

sandydandy
May 29th, 2020, 04:59 PM
Racism in America is a structural problem, it goes deeper than the 2016 election. True, but the current spike in overt racism is clearly attributed to you know who.

Yw-slayer
May 29th, 2020, 05:27 PM
At least the violence should stop, peaceful protests no problem.

That sounds strangely familiar to me...

MR2 Fan
May 29th, 2020, 05:36 PM
rioters are attacking CNN HQ in Atlanta.....they're attacking the wrong station, ffs

Edit: "@mejiadanny36
There is a Police Department inside CNN HQ. it’s not just cause they’re attacking CNN."

sandydandy
May 29th, 2020, 06:13 PM
I saw a video of a firecracker being thrown into the CNN lobby. Crazy.

I don’t think they’re targeting CNN. They probably couldn’t care less. It’s the police they’re attacking.

Sadly it’s the legitimate protesters whose voices get muted by the rioters. I was watching NBC live stream in Atlanta and there was a black mother sharing her story about her son whose arm was broken by the police. Important stories like that get shoved under the rug because of the mayhem.

Tom Servo
May 29th, 2020, 06:27 PM
Cops in Louisville firing pepper rounds at local NBC affiliate reporters.

https://twitter.com/GuthrieGF/status/1266552085870493697

neanderthal
May 29th, 2020, 07:38 PM
Every conservative lecturing the world about rioting and all that noise lost their godamn mind about Kaep peacefully protesting by kneeling quietly. Remember that.

neanderthal
May 29th, 2020, 07:41 PM
I wish I hadn't scrolled past it but I saw a tweet where people were asking protesters to please go home, but they didn't. And they were the ones throwing incendiary devices.

A lot of the carnage and destruction is not native, it's not from the people who live in those neighborhoods.

JoshInKC
May 29th, 2020, 08:27 PM
And don't forget cops escalating the situation so they can come down harder on the protesters. Can't forget them.

Crazed_Insanity
May 29th, 2020, 09:35 PM
I’m truly surprised by the black establishment...

Denied Bernie the chance to start a revolution and took it upon themselves to start their own revolution. It’d be kinda funny to see a regime change in the US before China...

Anyway, I think it probably won’t be very effective using police to maintain law and order at this point because people don’t even trust the police anymore.

I also don’t see how Trump could help. We’d be lucky if president won’t add fuel to this fire.

MR2 Fan
May 30th, 2020, 01:31 AM
I understand the anger, the protests and even some of the rioting...the question is...what are they specifically expecting to happen right now?

The cop who committed the murder has been arrested and charged. The other 3 haven't but let's say they are....what about the other cities going crazy right now?

Tom Servo
May 30th, 2020, 05:52 AM
A lot of the carnage and destruction is not native, it's not from the people who live in those neighborhoods.

This is definitely the gist of what I'm reading from reporters I follow.

FaultyMario
May 30th, 2020, 06:10 AM
Brother Cornel: The US is a failed social arrangement, black faces in high places failed to deliver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEaPswNr39Q

Crazed_Insanity
May 30th, 2020, 07:55 AM
I understand the anger, the protests and even some of the rioting...the question is...what are they specifically expecting to happen right now?

The cop who committed the murder has been arrested and charged. The other 3 haven't but let's say they are....what about the other cities going crazy right now?

I really think US government is in a more dire situation than the CCP. At least HKers knows exactly what they want from the Chinese government.

In the US, these violent protesters are essentially just letting out anger because they’ve totally lost faith in the system.

Surprisingly a comedian explained this rather well:

https://youtu.be/v4amCfVbA_c

Cam
May 30th, 2020, 09:27 AM
I went to our local peaceful protest today. Police blocked the streets for the protesters. No riot gear. We marched from City Hall to the State House. Several people spoke to the crowd once we got there.

neanderthal
May 30th, 2020, 09:46 AM
Fuck Cornel. And Van Jones. And Killer Mike.

And I haven't even watched the video.

<edit.> OK, he said some good things.

Rikadyn
May 30th, 2020, 09:55 AM
What is an “outside agitator,” anyway? Deploying the National Guard to a town of 21,000 people—isn’t that outside agitation? When Occupy Oakland was in the news in 2011, there was a lot of rhetoric about “outside agitators” coming to the city to start trouble with police, until it came to light that over 90% of Oakland cops lived outside of Oakland. Surely if anyone deserves to be labeled outside agitators—in Ferguson, Oakland, or any other community around the US—it is the authorities.

But what about people who come from out of town to participate in protests? The CNN article claimed that “among those arrested are residents of Chicago, Brooklyn, Washington, San Francisco, Austin, Des Moines, and Huntsville, Alabama, according to jail records.”

This might sound like convincing evidence to middle class readers. But anyone who has been poor and precarious knows that the permanent address you give when you are arrested may not be the same as the place you actually live. You might give a different address because you aren’t sure your current housing will last, because the landlord doesn’t know your place has more people in it than are named on the lease, or simply because you don’t want local vigilantes to know where to find you. Instead, you might give a more reliable long-term address, perhaps from another state.

Still, let’s imagine that some of these arrestees who gave out-of-town addresses are in Ferguson for the very first time. Wouldn’t that make them outside agitators? Perhaps it would, if the issue was specific to Ferguson alone and they had no stake in it. But in “Chicago, Brooklyn, Washington, San Francisco, Austin, Des Moines, and Huntsville, Alabama” the police have killed black men under identical circumstances. The militarization, brutality, and systematic racism of the police are in effect all around the country, not just in Ferguson. When people are suffering the same forms of oppression everywhere, it makes sense for us to come to each other’s assistance, to make common cause.

This is not outside agitation. It is solidarity.

https://crimethinc.com/2014/08/20/feature-the-making-of-outside-agitators

MR2 Fan
May 30th, 2020, 10:10 AM
@NBCNews

Minnesota Gov. Walz estimates that about 80% of those being destructive are from outside the state:

"Our heart and our solidarity are with folks who understand what happened Monday night to George Floyd ... But these folks are not them."

Crazed_Insanity
May 30th, 2020, 10:18 AM
It’s always like that...

Even in HK, violent protesters are all supposedly outside agents of the West...

But think about it, even if all protesters are outsiders, how are the authorities assuring that things will be fair and just in the future? Just crush the outsider resistance and order will be restored?

Also, What about the violent protests outside of Minnesota?

If US govt cannot restore people’s faith in the system, we’re fucked.

Blue lives are indefensible this time around. Blaming violent protesters also won’t help. What would really help is government demonstrating justice for all will truly be restored. This will be a tall order.... with trump in power...

Rikadyn
May 30th, 2020, 12:18 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/29/how-western-media-would-cover-minneapolis-if-it-happened-another-country/

In recent years, the international community has sounded the alarm on the deteriorating political and human rights situation in the United States under the regime of Donald Trump. Now, as the country marks 100,000 deaths from the coronavirus pandemic, the former British colony finds itself in a downward spiral of ethnic violence. The fatigue and paralysis of the international community are evident in its silence, America experts say.

The country has been rocked by several viral videos depicting extrajudicial executions of black ethnic minorities by state security forces. Uprisings erupted in the northern city of Minneapolis after a video circulated online of the killing of a black man, George Floyd, after being attacked by a security force agent. Trump took to Twitter, calling black protesters “THUGS”’ and threatening to send in military force. “When the looting starts, the shooting starts!” he declared.

“Sure, we get it that black people are angry about decades of abuse and impunity,” said G. Scott Fitz, a Minnesotan and member of the white ethnic majority. “But going after a Target crosses the line. Can’t they find a more peaceful way, like kneeling in silence?”

neanderthal
May 30th, 2020, 12:22 PM
https://crimethinc.com/2014/08/20/feature-the-making-of-outside-agitators

You guys oftentimes amaze me with the scope and depth of your knowings, learnings, and readings. The nuance y'all have in some of our discussions, able to finely slice distinctions and able to show how a thing here, is not the same as a thing there, even though they are the same thing.

Bravo to all of you my learned friends. From whom i glean much of my knowledges too.

:up: Then there is un- named. :|

neanderthal
May 30th, 2020, 02:44 PM

Arrest don't mean nothing; see Rodney King. 1994.

When I see that cop immediately get arrested (them two fucksticks in Georgia also got a couple of days at home without being charged!!!!) and charged with the highest possible charge, murder 1, then i'll be satisfied. Man 3, what they've charged him with; that's 25 years max, no minimum. Depends on circumstances and all that. So, maybe 6 years. Maybe out in 3 then. Maybe hes vindicated completely by the "justice" system, as happened in the Rodney King case.

And there's 3 other officers who need to be arrested and charged; they were equally complicit. One of whom is Hmong. Like we say, all skin folk aint kinfolk.

(I composed this earlier this morning but didn't hit "post" apparently.)

Rikadyn
May 30th, 2020, 03:47 PM
https://twitter.com/BootsRiley/status/1266851333438500865?s=07

Rikadyn
May 30th, 2020, 05:19 PM
https://twitter.com/AJInvestigates/status/1266822263489339393?s=09

Cam
May 30th, 2020, 06:50 PM
After we left the protest, some of the protesters moved on to police HQ. Police had riot gear there. I heard from a (white) friend who was there that white dudes were starting shit. She confronted them and figured out they were right-wingers. Mayor (black) showed up, talked to the crowd and pleaded with people to stop and go home. He also subsequently enacted a curfew. As of right now, eight hours later, there is still shit happening downtown.

Godson
May 30th, 2020, 07:37 PM
National guard activated here in KC. About a mile from where I live.

Godson
May 30th, 2020, 08:48 PM
Annnnnnnd rumor has it armed protestors wearing body armor are moving towards city hall from where it has all started.

Crazed_Insanity
May 30th, 2020, 09:02 PM
I guess we found the real outsiders...

More and more reports of white rioters starting shit when black demonstrators asking them to stop...

There’s really no reason for white nationalists to get in the mix except that that have nothing better to do?

MR2 Fan
May 30th, 2020, 10:28 PM
yeah, can't imagine why white supremacists would want to TRY to rile up looting and violence to push the narrative how terrible ____ race is :rolleyes:

Yw-slayer
May 30th, 2020, 11:14 PM
Just put him on Ignore, man. Your life will be so much better.

Rare White Ape
May 30th, 2020, 11:19 PM
https://www.facebook.com/104894794368061/posts/162301985294008/?d=n

FaultyMario
May 31st, 2020, 12:48 AM
Interactive map (https://usprotests.liveuamap.com/) of mobilization events.

FaultyMario
May 31st, 2020, 12:57 AM
"There is nothing inherently wrong with golfing, watching television and tweeting. But if that’s pretty much all that a president does when the nation is engulfed in crises, he is not a president (https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/31/donald-trump-coronavirus-pandemic-george-floyd-minneapolis-tweets)."

FaultyMario
May 31st, 2020, 01:07 AM
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/nation/fbi-white-supremacists-in-law-enforcement

Rikadyn
May 31st, 2020, 03:18 AM
Just put him on Ignore, man. Your life will be so much better.

Tangently related

I hate the "message hidden" notice.

neanderthal
May 31st, 2020, 06:29 AM
So ... the people who didn't care about our grandmothers dying <checks notes> just 2 weeks ago, want us to shed tears over burning buildings and looted stores. Which are insured.

I can't replace my elders no matter how much insurance they have.

Conservatism is really, really, really, fucked up.

I hope you all understand why I keep saying FUCK TRUMP VOTERS! I don't know if the fuck Trump part still needs to be said.

FaultyMario
May 31st, 2020, 06:32 AM
Yeah, fuck people! Ad hominem attacks have pushed us forward more than constructive dialogue and comprehensive policy ever did.

Why do we need to understand Trump voters if we can just label them deplorables?

neanderthal
May 31st, 2020, 06:34 AM
Related.
Can someone tell me when the Disneyification of MLK happened? He was the most hated man when he was alive, and now errbody running to quote him, including the conservatives who would have tacitly approved his murder/ assassination back then.

We don't have his wisdom today because he got killed.

FaultyMario
May 31st, 2020, 06:34 AM
That rallied people behind the Democrat candidate last time around, right?

neanderthal
May 31st, 2020, 06:44 AM
Yeah, fuck people! Ad hominem attacks have pushed us forward more than constructive dialogue and comprehensive policy ever did.

Why do we need to understand Trump voters if we can just label them deplorables?

Well, the original quote never actually called all of them that,
“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”

She said the other half of Trump’s supporters “feel that the government has let them down” and are “desperate for change. Source. (https://time.com/4486502/hillary-clinton-basket-of-deplorables-transcript/) but lets play.

They took up the mantle when they started ignoring facts and science. Have you ever tried to argue/ discuss politics with a Trumper? Deplorable fits to a T. I had a coworker defending drinking bleach for ffs.

FaultyMario
May 31st, 2020, 07:04 AM
She has held power, she has delineated policy; her actions excluded and marginalized the same people that later went and voted for her opponent. She's an opportunistic politician who lost to a band of opportunistic politicians who capitalized on her mistakes.

The problems your country is facing right now are there because the structure that governs it has become more rigid, and in order to maintain its order it is more violent. That same structure became that way under Clinton's watch and because of Trump's pressures.

Blame culture ("fuck Trump voters", "thugs and outside agitators") is you yanks chasing your collective tail.

You should strive for dialogue, for a better political process. You mo have got to get it in your head that it's not "the others' problem", your discourse is part of the problem.

mk
May 31st, 2020, 07:11 AM

I think you can label majority of everybody as so.

Can't understand this police brutality is still present, after what, generations.

FaultyMario
May 31st, 2020, 07:18 AM
You don't treat people like that if you want something from them. That is the essence of politics: a tit for a tat.

How could you hope to maintain any arrangement if there's no way you can leverage the other party into conditionality?

Rikadyn
May 31st, 2020, 07:26 AM
https://i.redd.it/uvsolwkgk1251.jpg

Crazed_Insanity
May 31st, 2020, 08:24 AM
Don’t make me laugh at times like this dude! Hope we not only get rid of trump but america truly make some sort of fundamental change that should’ve taken place already since Rodney King.

This really doesn’t make any sense. Who was supporting that asshole police officer? How was he able to be acquitted every time and than able to move on to the next dept to continue his abuses?

Surly there are good cops around? Why nobody tried to stop him?

What happened to Floyd was simply unbelievable.

Yw-slayer
May 31st, 2020, 08:25 AM
Tangently related

I hate the "message hidden" notice.

It's irritating. But it's still better, and less irritating, than reading utter, brain-destroying, drivel.

Crazed_Insanity
May 31st, 2020, 08:38 AM
I thought you didn’t mind having your brain eaten?

Anyway, I find it irritating that you kept on diverting a topic toward the annoying Billi. Can’t you just properly ignore somebody?

Lastly, people in US or HK are not completely uncivilized. I won’t join a violent protest, but I’m sympathetic to their cause. It’s the authorities that need to reflect and change and calm them down. Oppressions cannot go on forever.

Blaming violent protesters is like blaming Bernie because of his bros.

Tom Servo
May 31st, 2020, 09:51 AM
An Italian restaurant out here has been serving as a food kitchen for hospitality workers who are out of work due to the pandemic, giving out hundreds of free meals every day alongside things like diapers, toilet paper, tylenol, baby food. So, of course it got looted last night.

Rikadyn
May 31st, 2020, 11:00 AM
https://i.redd.it/rk459kf1m3251.png

Crazed_Insanity
May 31st, 2020, 11:32 AM
This is a step in the right direction I think.

Police kneeling the right way.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FranklinWSVN/status/1266863303978074112

FaultyMario
May 31st, 2020, 11:38 AM
Thread about that guy you tried to defend his favorite (https://twitter.com/sassygravy/status/1267133058374926338?s=19) bar with a "hand-and-a-half sword" and ended up in hospital. He rationalized it saying he was a crusader fighting the armies of Saladin.

Tom Servo
May 31st, 2020, 02:13 PM
Looting's happening two blocks from my office.

Tom Servo
May 31st, 2020, 03:27 PM
Saw my favorite bar near work had fire hoses leading in the front door. My boss said all the businesses on his block were looted, including Sunnin, a restaurant run by a family that emigrated here from Lebanon.

Jason
May 31st, 2020, 03:34 PM
A lot of people are angry, and a lot of people are out of work, and then there’s also the agitators... its a good combination for looting/rioting. It sucks, but at the same time I understand it.

This week has been a sad week for so many reasons. It’s hard stay optimistic about the future.

Tom Servo
May 31st, 2020, 03:44 PM
Yeah. Rikadyn's article definitely made me think, but it was 100% clear from the footage that the looters were not even remotely associated with the demonstrators. Literally no connection, just a bunch of people coming in to take advantage of the situation - came in with their license plates covered and were literally pulling up in cars, having a few people run out and grab as much as they could, then loading it into the back of the car and taking off.

The looting doesn't worry me nearly as much as fires. A lot of places in downtown Santa Monica are mixed-use - businesses on the first floor, residences above them. My boss, who I've been friends with for 15+ years, lives a block from the REI that just caught on fire and he's in a mixed-use apartment. I've told him that he and his wife can come and stay here, but I don't think he feels like he can safely get out of the area right now. I'm friends with the guy who owns the bar I mentioned, as well as with a bunch of the people who work there, and I know they planned to be open today.

As much as I feel like I can get it, I get it, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm watching this happen in a place I'm often at and that a lot of my friends are currently trapped in the middle of it.

Tom Servo
May 31st, 2020, 04:12 PM
Sushi place at 4th & Santa Monica is on fire, across street from the REI that I presume they got the fires out in.

MR2 Fan
May 31st, 2020, 04:18 PM
I will say, it is interesting to see pretty much all of the protest signs using proper grammar and spelling, something that seems better compared to the right wingers protests

Rikadyn
May 31st, 2020, 04:35 PM
Yeah. Rikadyn's article definitely made me think, but it was 100% clear from the footage that the looters were not even remotely associated with the demonstrators.

Yea it was more to counter the idea that just being from out of town is automatically a negative. These problems are systemic and the fact that they keep happening means that they are more than just local news.

After getting some grape line news, yea seems there is a good deal of nazi groups looking to use this as an excuse to get protestors killed. Also good deal of cops agitating to do the same thing.

In the meantime our beloved leader has decided to declare antifa a terrorist organization. This is problematic because antifa is not ever been an organization. Rather its shorthand for anti-fascism and a banner for unaligned leftist groups to work together under. This means anyone who opposes fascism is now a terrorist.

https://i.redd.it/9w5uh22m26251.png

https://i.redd.it/k7wwqeay55251.png

neanderthal
May 31st, 2020, 07:03 PM
She has held power, she has delineated policy; her actions excluded and marginalized the same people that later went and voted for her opponent. She's an opportunistic politician who lost to a band of opportunistic politicians who capitalized on her mistakes.

The problems your country is facing right now are there because the structure that governs it has become more rigid, and in order to maintain its order it is more violent. That same structure became that way under Clinton's watch and because of Trump's pressures.

Blame culture ("fuck Trump voters", "thugs and outside agitators") is you yanks chasing your collective tail.

You should strive for dialogue, for a better political process. You mo have got to get it in your head that it's not "the others' problem", your discourse is part of the problem.

Sigh.

Um, you'll have to show me exactly where Hillary Clinton's power and policy "excluded and marginalised" the white middle class. And don't even point to affirmative action because the greatest beneficiaries of affirmative action have been white women.

The problems we face are because lies were repeatedly disseminated during the recent presidency of a good and honorable man. Lies, mistrust, anger, hate were sewn by a media no longer accountable for accurately reporting truth, thanks to the release of that restriction by Reagan. Those mistruths fomented such anger that a thoroughly competent and highly accomplished woman, (herself victim of similar attacks and prevarications since the late eighties/ early nineties!) was beaten in the last presidential elections under dubious circumstances.

The victor, a witless nincompoop nincomtwat, has then gone on to do essentially nothing, but undo the work of the previous president, while further excarcebating the divide between the haves and the have nots, rewarding his cronies and looting the coffers whichever way he can. And, those allegedly "disaffected voters" have sat back and done nothing but repeat such high level discourse as "fuck your feelings" to us in the meanwhile.
100000 people have died. One, hundred, thousand. Recently. In these last 3 months. And those same "disaffected voters" have championed us sacrificing our elderly so they can go get a fucking haircut. Or cupcakes.

Forgive me if I think they can get fucked. By a rusty, running chainsaw.

Mind you, a lot of them currently wringing their hands about the rioting going on right now, were losing their fucking minds when Kaep was quietly, peacefully, protesting the continued murder of black people by police. Rioting which right now was also triggered by ... <checks notes> police killing a black man.

To quote Martin Luther King Jr. "Rioting is the language of the unheard."

And to quote Mo; "fuck the Trumpers."

neanderthal
May 31st, 2020, 08:28 PM
Should point out to the people displaying anguish over property damage; the City of Chicago spent $100 million on police misconduct settlements in the most recent budget year.

Crazed_Insanity
May 31st, 2020, 08:55 PM
Ok, how can demonstration of US police brutality go global? Hard to believe this American ‘virus’ can end up spreading globally... interesting...

https://apple.news/AcnsA49NeS6mKFZTTxattxQ

Leon
June 1st, 2020, 01:43 AM
It was in NZ today. So, yes.

Yw-slayer
June 1st, 2020, 06:43 AM
HAY GUYZ CHECK THIS OUT

From Aug 2019: https://www.cotton.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=1192

Cotton Warns Chinese Communists Against Intervening in Hong Kong Protests
August 6, 2019
Contact Caroline Tabler or James Arnold (202) 224-2353

Washington, D.C. - Senator Tom Cotton (R-Arkansas) released the following statement on the Chinese Communist Party's threats of force against protestors in Hong Kong:

"Three decades after the Tiananmen Square Massacre, the Chinese Communist Party appears poised for a violent crack-down on civilian protestors in Hong Kong. I hope this does not happen. But should Beijing impose martial law in Hong Kong or otherwise violate the 1984 Joint Declaration, the United States will be compelled to reassess our relationship with China in fundamental ways. Our government should be prepared to:

Halt trade negotiations with Beijing
Sanction senior Chinese Communist Party officials
Revoke the U.S. visas of Party leaders and their families
Curtail student visas for Chinese nationals
Demand the expulsion of Chinese officials from leadership positions in international organizations
Revise the Hong Kong Policy Act

The Tiananmen Square Massacre highlighted the Chinese Communist Party's brutality and treachery, which they have employed for thirty years to steal our jobs and threaten our security. If Beijing cracks down on Hong Kong, the United States ought not make the same mistake again."

From 1 June 2020 (CNN):

GOP senator urges Trump to deploy active-duty military following protests
From CNN's Sam Fossum and Michael Callahan

Sen. Tom Cotton, a Republican from Arkansas, said today that President Trump should apply the Insurrection Act to deploy active-duty military to US cities in the wake of nation-wide protests following the death of George Floyd.

"The president should use the Insurrection Act to deploy active-duty military forces to these cities to support local law enforcement and ensure this violence ends tonight," Cotton wrote on Twitter.
What this is about: The Insurrection Act is the federal law which gives the President the power to deploy military personnel on US soil.

On Friday, the US military ordered several police units to be ready for potential deployment to Minnesota. Military police units at three US bases — Fort Riley in Kansas, Fort Bragg in North Carolina and Fort Drum in New York — have received "prepare to deploy" orders should the governor request federal assistance.

Tom Servo
June 1st, 2020, 07:04 AM
Yeah, he's got a long history of dumbshittery.

I know the CVS across the street from my work got looted. I doubt much happened to my work, but a friend who lives within a block of both of those ended up staying with us last night, he's off back to his place in one of those mixed-use buildings to see how it held up.

FaultyMario
June 1st, 2020, 07:21 AM
Heard of the Anonymous OP on the Epstein case?

This came up on twitter today

Motorsport names of interest in the Little Black Book:

- Alejandro Agag
- Flavio Briatore (name in bold)
- Bernie Ecclestone
- Jacques Villeneuve

FaultyMario
June 1st, 2020, 07:55 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZb8W90WAAEQ9Lg.jpg

"I'm not interested in your revolution if it takes me away from your anus".

Crazed_Insanity
June 1st, 2020, 08:18 AM
It was in NZ today. So, yes.

I hope it was a peaceful protest?

Are the protesters hoping the NZ government will relay their message to US government? Or perhaps just a show of solidarity on social media? Or perhaps NZ police can mistreat black people there too?

Crazed_Insanity
June 1st, 2020, 08:27 AM
I know the CVS across the street from my work got looted. I doubt much happened to my work, but a friend who lives within a block of both of those ended up staying with us last night, he's off back to his place in one of those mixed-use buildings to see how it held up.

Yeah, there are lots of these mix use, commercial below and residential up top, buildings propping up in LA area lately... come to think of it, these may be kinda dangerous during riots if the stores below got burned...

My "middle class" residential neighborhood currently is still okay... I'm guess this time protesters/looters specifically target richer neighborhoods because rich white folks are usually more complacent about black lives and they also have better merchandise to loot...

Has America been as fucked up since the civil war period?

This is DJ Trump's opportunity to shine like Lincoln...

You know the movie back to the future was way off with flying cars, but they sure were prophetic with president Biff. :smh:

Crazed_Insanity
June 1st, 2020, 08:29 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZb8W90WAAEQ9Lg.jpg

"I'm not interested in your revolution if it takes me away from your anus".

Can you not actually show picture of looters looting shit? :p

MR2 Fan
June 1st, 2020, 08:45 AM
Heard of the Anonymous OP on the Epstein case?

This came up on twitter today

Does this surprise anyone?

I knew Jacques was a douchebag before, but this cements it

Tom Servo
June 1st, 2020, 10:57 AM
My friend who stayed with us says his building is okay. Our offices were vandalized but nobody got inside.

Crazed_Insanity
June 1st, 2020, 11:40 AM
Truly crazy times...

When looting continues for a week, stock market continues to go up! Forget about stimulus checks, just keep on looting and markets will continue to rise!

Makes me think president Biff could possibly still win re-election... May need to burn America to the ground in order to achieve true structural change...

Anyway, end is near... Jesus is coming soon I hope...

Oh btw, independent autopsy has revealed the real cause of death of Floyd.

Making the entire police dept look like lying CCP.

Anyway, I think YW will be happy now. US will be too busy dealing with our own fucked up affairs than meddling with HK.

Justice needs to be restored somehow.

It’s kinda amazing that I haven’t seen anyone apologizing for this appalling abuse. Cops kneeling with protesters are not enough now... I don’t expect anything from our loser president, but Minnesota authorities need to own up to their mistakes and let us know how they plan to restore faith in our justice system.

Covid19 is no longer our top priority now...

End of last year, I got crashed into twice. Damaged my leased Honda EV and my S2000. Luckily no major damage and both fixed now.

My employer also crashed twice as people probably all noticed...

Now my country is also crashing... with this pandemic and with protesting...

Hope there won't be anymore crap piling on...

Though I am truly amazed at Trump able to continue to hold up the stock market. Goes to show how disconnected our nation really is... from top to bottom...

Yw-slayer
June 1st, 2020, 05:42 PM
HAY GUYZ DJT said he'll send in the troops and that the Govt needs to dominate the streets.

Coincidentally did you guyz know that this Thursday is the 4th of June?

Edited because I was being silly and thought 4 June was a Friday.

Rikadyn
June 1st, 2020, 06:00 PM
So when can we expect to need UN Peacekeepers on US soil, to protect the citizens.

sandydandy
June 1st, 2020, 06:19 PM
Trump will withdraw from the UN first.

Yw-slayer
June 1st, 2020, 07:37 PM
So when can we expect to need UN Peacekeepers on US soil, to protect the citizens.

Some might say that that would be "a beautiful sight". Not me, of course.

Crazed_Insanity
June 1st, 2020, 08:56 PM
We don’t need no UN! We got our own guns to keep peace... I hope.

Tom Servo
June 1st, 2020, 09:03 PM
Friend of mine took this in Santa Monica today.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZc3QZ7U8AA5Qh8?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Crazed_Insanity
June 1st, 2020, 10:43 PM
What is that or what does it do?

FaultyMario
June 2nd, 2020, 07:06 AM
Friend of mine took this in Santa Monica today.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZc3QZ7U8AA5Qh8?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

A non-armored crane wouldn't do the job?

FaultyMario
June 2nd, 2020, 08:32 AM
Around the WH a new, taller wall has been built:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZgwa4ZUEAAELRe.jpg

I can confirm that we Mexicans did not pay for it.

mk
June 2nd, 2020, 08:34 AM
Independent autopsy?

neanderthal
June 2nd, 2020, 09:02 AM
So, ... where are the 2nd Amendment <checks notes> "defend ourselves from a tyrannical government" folx? Anybody?

FaultyMario
June 2nd, 2020, 09:06 AM
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin have become the public faces of the $3 trillion federal coronavirus bailout. Behind the scenes, however, the Treasury’s responsibilities have fallen largely to the 42-year-old deputy secretary, Justin Muzinich.

A major beneficiary of that bailout so far: Muzinich & Co. (https://www.propublica.org/article/this-treasury-official-is-running-the-bailout-its-been-great-for-his-family), the asset manager founded by his father where Justin served as president before joining the administration.

These are the new generations of Fritz Thyssens (https://www.theholocaustexplained.org/the-nazi-rise-to-power/the-nazi-rise-to-power/the-role-of-the-conservative-elite/)who are propping up your neofascist regime.

Crazed_Insanity
June 2nd, 2020, 09:18 AM
Independent autopsy?

Police autopsy claim that Floyd died of heart attack and drug overdose or something.

Naturally the family called BS on it so they asked for an independent autopsy and they confirmed Floyd suffocated thanks to the knee.

Crazed_Insanity
June 2nd, 2020, 09:25 AM
So, ... where are the 2nd Amendment <checks notes> "defend ourselves from a tyrannical government" folx? Anybody?

Like Dave Chappelle said in one of his shows... all black folks need to register, not to vote, but their legal firearms. 1st for their own protection... 2nd this may be the only way for them white folks to agree to serious gun control legislation.

Anyway, to be fair to blue lives, I'm sure not all cops are as bad as that one. However, cops around the nation sure is taking their sweet time to fix their racism problem...

The only time I'd pick up arm to overthrown the US government is when Trump or whoever else decide to declare themselves dictator. At the moment, I don't think America is not salvageable...

Lastly, I'm really worry about our November election.

Remember how Bernie got fucked by his bros online?

Pretty sure Biden will be fucked by his bros burning the city down. Trump supporters will assume all rioters are the same black folks supporting Biden for sure...

I am contemplating whether to finally purchase a firearm to protect my family...

Jason
June 2nd, 2020, 09:26 AM

They all think Trump needs to send in the army and shoot people.

See Matt Gaetz.

Crazed_Insanity
June 2nd, 2020, 10:01 AM
Order does need to be maintained ASAP. Perhaps police is just not the most effective way to achieve that at the moment.

As for how to restore justice?

White police officers need to figure that out ASAP too! Will you guys ever learn? How many more black people do you need to step on? How many more riots do we need to fucking endure? A more just blue lives really matter a lot!

FaultyMario
June 2nd, 2020, 10:05 AM
This is why people are out on the streets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb1Td8VjmX0

And no billi, white POs don't need to figure out anything. It's common people who need exercise accountability on all public servants for what they do on ALL members of their communities, not just those like them.

sandydandy
June 2nd, 2020, 11:04 AM
Been watching a LOT of live streams on YouTube covering the demonstrations, from all four corners of the US and everything in between. Didn’t bother to look in my backyard at Buffalo and Niagara Falls NY, whose local news channels we also get.

Watched their news recently and it’s the same thing going on there. Peaceful protests combined with fires being set and looting.

George
June 2nd, 2020, 12:57 PM
I went for a walk from my office in Denver around 2:00 PM local time today. Here are some pictures.

There is some NSFW graffiti, if anyone cares. No commentary by me for your added enjoyment.

https://i.postimg.cc/ZqXPC5wZ/IMG-3501.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/3NTgFbMc/IMG-3502.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/tTP3PGc6/IMG-3506.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/YSvfrWfb/IMG-3508.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/NfxxpYj7/IMG-3510.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Hks9NKJG/IMG-3511.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/59B521Ld/IMG-3513.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/zvFTtS8X/IMG-3517.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/HkZ9125r/IMG-3518.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/PfQZkynd/IMG-3519.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/NM1XF7y7/IMG-3521.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/jdqfqfRP/IMG-3526.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/cHqYd5JL/IMG-3528.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/13jwjzh6/IMG-3531.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/PqvYskT7/IMG-3532.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/5ybCCYLc/IMG-3533.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/gkMZx005/IMG-3535.jpg

neanderthal
June 2nd, 2020, 02:17 PM
Ask yourself why arresting and detaining people for petty theft, loitering, vandalism etc is a much higher law enforcement priority than arresting police officers who WE KNOW committed murder.

Thinking about it makes you think it's not about justice or fighting crime.

Crazed_Insanity
June 2nd, 2020, 03:14 PM
We need to both arrest the abusive officers and the looters. Of course often times they got away. We can only catch a small percentage of them.

Look man, you can't condemn Bernie Bros and think actual looting and violence is justified because of racism. 2 wrongs don't make anything right.

Yeah, I think blue lives are more at fault this time... there's no freaking excuse for kneeling on GF's neck like that. There are also no excuses for looting.

Violent protesters/looters de-legitimizes the message they want to get across whether it's in America or in HK. I can understand and sympathize with them, but I cannot say that they're right.

Some of the store owners seriously injured or killed by the mob or perhaps by the police... what the fuck did they do to deserve this?

Police has pretty much lost all credibility, I do agree with Trump that it's time to move in the troops. Preferably black troops.

Police and the authorities need to issue some sort of formal apology follow up by concrete plans on how we can prevent wrongful deaths/riots from happening again.

MR2 Fan
June 2nd, 2020, 03:25 PM
Honestly, I wonder at this point if it's just better to stop protesting TEMPORARILY so Trump doesn't get his way by ordering in the military (apparently WITH bayonets according to reports), and start protests again when there's things are more in place to change the laws.

Unfortunately the way I see it is that things are just going to keep getting worse due to the people in charge not giving a FUCK and wanting confrontation

MR2 Fan
June 2nd, 2020, 03:47 PM
live verbal takedown of the LA police chief on public zoom meeting...this guy went HARD

https://twitter.com/djedgeofficial/status/1267926621605916672

Tom Servo
June 2nd, 2020, 03:54 PM
He's been saying some pretty dopey things over the past couple of days, that's for sure.

Crazed_Insanity
June 2nd, 2020, 05:31 PM
Honestly, I wonder at this point if it's just better to stop protesting TEMPORARILY so Trump doesn't get his way by ordering in the military (apparently WITH bayonets according to reports), and start protests again when there's things are more in place to change the laws.

Unfortunately the way I see it is that things are just going to keep getting worse due to the people in charge not giving a FUCK and wanting confrontation

Temporarily stop protesting?

To paraphrase from trump...’what do they have to lose?’

Black lives will be taken either ways anyways, might as well put up a fight? I know I would.

My main concern for deploying troops is actually fracturing of the US military and we’ll be in another civil war...

But how else could order be possibly be restored? Police is useless for now...

You know, I wonder if Mexicans are now having 2nd thoughts crossing the border? Probably thankful of the wall Trump built to keep trouble out of Mexico...

Poor Canada might end up overwhelmed with American refugees...

America, the world is watching. I hope and pray that our elected and appointed leaders will rise to the occasion and do the right things.

Tom Servo
June 2nd, 2020, 06:03 PM
As usual, in times of crisis, the Onion is fucking killing it.

https://twitter.com/SanaSaeed/status/1267919117018939393

Crazed_Insanity
June 2nd, 2020, 06:34 PM
Damn onions... don’t know whether to laugh or cry...

FaultyMario
June 2nd, 2020, 07:12 PM
Ding Ding! The Most Racist Congressman in America Just Got Beat

Iowa will have to make do without Steve King. (https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/06/steve-king-lost-racism-bad/)

Tom Servo
June 2nd, 2020, 08:14 PM
Was just coming in here to post about that. That is some very, very welcome news.

neanderthal
June 2nd, 2020, 08:23 PM
Ding Ding! The Most Racist Congressman in America Just Got Beat

Iowa will have to make do without Steve King. (https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/06/steve-king-lost-racism-bad/)

The GOP will just replace him with another racist. :popcorn:

Crazed_Insanity
June 2nd, 2020, 09:32 PM
Potential racist should still be better than a known racist!

MR2 Fan
June 2nd, 2020, 10:27 PM
Trump has lost the support of extreme right wing televangelist Pat Robertson....wow

FaultyMario
June 3rd, 2020, 01:59 AM
How do you guys feel about BOP personnel operating in American cities? They were reportedly sent to DC and Miami.

mk
June 3rd, 2020, 04:42 AM
Is the beacon of the free sending 82. Airborne to DC?

neanderthal
June 3rd, 2020, 05:28 AM
Is there any reporting on COVID anymore, or has the rioting drawn everybody's attention away from why Trump was polling poorly.

This is why Republicans defund education all the time, so people can be stupid as fuck. Don't be distracted by the strawmen. Place everything in context.

Tom Servo
June 3rd, 2020, 06:52 AM
I don't really watch much TV news, but for this morning's LA Times, two articles are specifically about demonstrations/protests, one is about Biden's response to Trump's response, and two are about COVID, so it's still getting at least newspaper real estate.

Crazed_Insanity
June 3rd, 2020, 07:47 AM
IMHO, this injustice definitely ‘trumps’ covid19.

If police can act unjustly during a pandemic, people can protest in a pandemic. Just the violence and looting can fuck off...

BTW, we Californians are mostly liberal and we are actively defunding education all the time... so it’s not just a republican problem.

Freude am Fahren
June 3rd, 2020, 09:07 AM
Local TV headline I saw this morning.

Obvious news is obvious.

COVID-19 cases rise dramatically since Palm Beach County reopened (https://www.wpbf.com/article/covid-19-cases-rise-dramatically-since-palm-beach-county-reopened/32746991)

Tom Servo
June 3rd, 2020, 09:18 AM
Kinda looks like two vampires trying really hard to pretend that the cross isn't making them starting burning.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZmoWn_U4AA6h5D?format=jpg&name=large

Crazed_Insanity
June 3rd, 2020, 09:37 AM
Interesting photo op... why are they standing behind Jesus?

As Jesus said, 'stand behind me Satan!'

FaultyMario
June 3rd, 2020, 09:40 AM
Kinda looks like two vampires trying really hard to pretend that the cross isn't making them starting burning.

How is that not gonna back fire?

FaultyMario
June 3rd, 2020, 09:47 AM
In hours of secretly recorded telephone conversations, police officers in Mount Vernon, New York, reveal widespread corruption, brutality and other misconduct in the troubled Westchester County city just north of the Bronx. (https://gothamist.com/news/mount-vernon-police-tapes-innocent-people-were-framed)

Jason
June 3rd, 2020, 09:51 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZmoWn_U4AA6h5D?format=jpg&name=large

Jesus, those two look absolutely miserable.

Tom Servo
June 3rd, 2020, 10:14 AM
I know! It's not like this look of wanting guidance, it's like he's mad-dogging the cross. "What the fuck you got, Jesus? Huh? I got tear gas and helicopters, motherfucker, what you got?"

Crazed_Insanity
June 3rd, 2020, 11:47 AM
In retrospect, don’t you guys find it weird that officer Dicky cocksucker totally wasn’t afraid of the camera?

There were more than just 4 officers on the scene. Nobody stopped this brutal act. They also didn’t quite mind being filmed. It’s the video footage of his cavalier attitude that caused the nation to explode... even white nationalists found it difficult to defend the actions of this blue low life...

Noticed also that officer dickhead’s wife and partner in crime are carefully identified as Hmong Americans...

The conspiracy theorist in me can’t help but think CCP might be involved in lighting this fire...

But anywho, nobody could light this fire if we’ve done our job fire proofing our country whether it’s a pandemic or social unrest. We do need to do a better job making our nation more fire proof.

Regardless of who the mastermind might be, I hope this officer won’t be acquitted... and be in prison for life.

Rare White Ape
June 3rd, 2020, 01:00 PM
Jesus, those two look absolutely miserable.

“If we scowl hard enough, maybe this will all go away.”

Rare White Ape
June 3rd, 2020, 01:16 PM
I see some reports on various Facebook groups saying that police in some areas where protests are taking place, are placing piles of bricks in areas where protesters are likely to congregate.

They are bait bricks. All they want is for protesters to be tempted to pick them up and throw them at the police.

If you’re out protesting and you see pallets of bricks laying about in odd places (eg there may be no construction nearby, or they’ve been pulled from footpaths for no clear reason) DO NOT THROW THEM AT THE COPS. Instead, take photos/video and upload with the hashtag #baitbricks.

Search that on Facebook, you’ll see.

If they get hurled then the situation escalates and the cops are allowed to use increased violent force. That is their goal.

Instead, some protesters have been making use of the bricks by gluing them into the road like they did in Hong Kong with the aim of making it hard for police vehicles to drive through and disperse the crowds.

MR2 Fan
June 3rd, 2020, 01:34 PM
yes, seen that for the past few days, even supposed video of cops putting them there, but couldn't confirm if that's what it was since the video was from far away.

I don't even think it's about throwing at cops as much as trying to get people to throw them at buildings to loot, etc.

Jason
June 3rd, 2020, 01:51 PM
https://youtu.be/RZevgdbMIB0

You’ll have to scrub around since he’s finished, but it’s worth watching just to remember what a leader sounds like.

Tom Servo
June 3rd, 2020, 02:52 PM
Former Defense Secretary Mattis goes after Trump

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/06/james-mattis-denounces-trump-protests-militarization/612640/

Right on the heels of former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mullen doing the same

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/06/american-cities-are-not-battlespaces/612553/

sandydandy
June 3rd, 2020, 03:02 PM
Mattis’ quote was savage.

FaultyMario
June 3rd, 2020, 03:06 PM
A statement by James Earl Carter Jr.:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZnMntpXkAgO7Dz.png

Crazed_Insanity
June 3rd, 2020, 03:20 PM
Could police be the ones strategically putting bait bricks around? Possibly.

However I tend to think looters are the ones planning such things...

Local police impounded some abandoned cars filled with sledge hammers and crowbars near Target and Costco parking lot last night... preparing to loot the stores at night and luckily the police impounded the cars and also apprehended some people out and about past curfew...

Anyway, for those peaceful protesters, I’m sure no bait bricks will ever be that tempting... but they might be tempting to looters.

Crazed_Insanity
June 3rd, 2020, 03:31 PM
A statement by James Earl Carter Jr.:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZnMntpXkAgO7Dz.png

Holy crap... I had no idea Jimmy Carter’s real name is actually James Earl Carter Jr.
had to google that to figure it out! :D

Anyway, well said, but how can we put them words into action?

MR2 Fan
June 3rd, 2020, 03:51 PM
If I was in charge of SDNY who has charges waiting for when Trump is no longer president, I'd offer a deal...they drop charges if he resigns right now

FaultyMario
June 3rd, 2020, 03:56 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZn3ioYWkAAMrb_.jpg

FaultyMario
June 3rd, 2020, 03:59 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b7/G%C3%B6ring_Detention_Report_mugshots.jpg/640px-G%C3%B6ring_Detention_Report_mugshots.jpg

neanderthal
June 3rd, 2020, 04:41 PM
REMINDER. It's not voting for the lesser of two evils if one of them is a white supremacist threatening the civil rights of countless people, destroying the environment, wrecking the economy, harming our relationships with other countries, gutting our social safety nets and generally being a syphillitic pustule on the arsehole of humanity, and the other is a nominee who ... doesn't excite you.

Rare White Ape
June 3rd, 2020, 07:32 PM
FuCk CeNtRiStStS ThOuGh

Anything but Trump is what I say.

One term would hurt his ego.

Yw-slayer
June 3rd, 2020, 09:53 PM
HAY GUYZ CHECK THIS OUT AND IT'S JUNE 4TH TODAY

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/03/opinion/tom-cotton-protests-military.html

Tom Cotton: Send in the Troops

mk
June 4th, 2020, 02:15 AM
I didn't recognize the date nor Göring's face.

Crazed_Insanity
June 4th, 2020, 07:06 AM
Tienanmen square massacre happened on that date in China.

Crazed_Insanity
June 4th, 2020, 11:59 AM
Interesting, one of the demands is to defund the police..., LAPD is really going to get defunded... about $100~150 million in cuts. Kamala Harris is also pushing legislation to further limit police power...

Sounds good in theory, but are we really addressing the racism issue?
Or couldn’t we be more strict with how police hire and train their officers? Should we really just assume all blue lives are racists?

Even the justice system needs reforming... need to end lawyers ability to select their own jurors... just make sure jurors are competent enough and then they should be randomly assigned. Jurors also should be ‘blind folded’ so that we can’t know the race of defendants. Jury will make their verdicts based purely on evidences presented. No more ability for jurors to see the face to know whether if said person looks guilty or innocent...

I dunno, not a lawyer, don’t even know if any of my ideas are even doable. However, I just don’t think defunding the police and further tie up the hands of all police officers is the answer.

Racial profiling all blacks as criminals is wrong. Likewise assuming all blue lives are assholes can’t be right either.

FaultyMario
June 4th, 2020, 12:30 PM
Doug shared this on twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZq-xCBWoAEHrVH.jpg

I don't know how to answer your questions without writing a book on structure and agency, billi, but the short version is that an actor in a social sphere has her movements restricted by a lot of tangible and intangible things that society has in place; from that restricted space she is free to take her own decisions and try to move to her happiness. Certain groups of actors have further, more rigid restrictions than others, put another way certain actors enjoy privileges which depend on the existence of those restrictions placed on others. What the graph shows is how our society has become more restrictive towards certain people (police are mostly there to protect the property of the privileged few who own it), so what we need a) a is less rigid structure, b) actors who are conscious of their own privileges and willing to give them up for a more equitable distribution and c) a bigger social net upon which to setup social networks for more social mobility for more people.

Tom Servo
June 4th, 2020, 01:17 PM
The author is a little colorful with his descriptions (I thought the "military precision" bit was a good sign it was going to be over the top), but the actual description of what was happening gibes with what I was seeing and what my friend who lives there described.

What I Saw from the Midst of the Looting in Santa Monica (https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/santa-monica-looting-essay/)

Tom Servo
June 4th, 2020, 01:21 PM
Re: defunding the LAPD, this is a graphic that was going around this morning after our mayor said he was going to reduce their budget by $150 million.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZpKjvbUcAAzxFs?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

I somehow don't think that the police will be rendered helpless here...

Crazed_Insanity
June 4th, 2020, 01:44 PM
Mario, I completely agree with your C, bigger social net to be able to lift people out of poverty 1st...

As for B, I'm not sure we can rely on people willingly giving up their privileges. Other than Jesus Christ, who does that these days? To hope that people will give privilege up is just being too naive. I had been counting on a more equitable distribution whether it's thru Sanders/Warren's progressive programs or Yang's UBI..., but not only the rich don't like that... even the common voters don't think it's possible to be THAT equitable... yes, some wouldn't mind giving privileges up... some will even donate money... and actually work to fight inequalities, but for sure most won't do that. Also, even if the powerful pays lip service to do that, doesn't even mean that it can be done. Remember, BLM started when Obama was in office. Of course, not blaming racial injustices on Obama... nor am I trying to say that Obama don't care about black lives, but it's just difficult to fight for structural change.

Lastly to your A, not sure what you meant by rigid. IMHO, at least in theory, US system has been pretty flexible compared to other authoritarian regimes. Our justice system is suppose to let go criminals more than wrongfully convict the innocent. IMHO, our system is simply being corrupted and therefore biased against black people. We just need to figure out a way to clean up or remove the bias in the system.

For example, US government at the moment is pretty fucked up, but only because of the bad actors occupying those offices, not because US constitution itself has some errors which caused these problems. I'm not sure if 'system' is our main problem. We just need to remove and prevent future bad actors from jacking our system.

Looking at that chart... the solution shouldn't be to reduce law and order funding just to match welfare funding or education funding... The solution should be in increase welfare and education funding... and try hard to stop bad actors from continuing bad stuffs to ensure law and order are maintained fairly.

If prison population doesn't reflect actual population, something if fucking wrong. If racial make up of all COVID19 patients doesn't reflect general population, something is fucking wrong. Government should monitor these things... and the solutions should be to increase funding to fix the problem... not trying to fix problems by cutting funds.

Anyway, I just thought it's kinda ridiculous to see Minneapolis police fucking up and then LAPD needs to cut funding to comfort the angry mob. The solution makes no sense to me.

LA mayor and Kamala need to think harder about a true reform rather than just cripple the police financially and legally as some sort of PR move.

[edit]
Anyway, Swervo, even if the cut is next to nothing compared to $3billion, but I still don't think it'll actually solve the problem most people want solved! Which is police brutality against minorities.

FaultyMario
June 4th, 2020, 02:15 PM
Not sure what you meant by rigid.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/119849.The_McDonaldization_of_Society

MR2 Fan
June 4th, 2020, 02:32 PM
It's interesting to me that George Floyd's murder may have been the push needed to really push people to protest and to vote, and getting both Trump AND GOP out of office in massive numbers. People have really woken up to systematic problems now and those in charge are going to have a much more difficult time trying to do things "under the radar"

Trumps bible stunt where police teargassed and assaulted reporters was a major mistake in a culmination of mistakes he's made this year (well, for 3+ years but you get the idea).

Still, let's say there's an election and Trump loses....those 2 1/2 months until inauguration are going to be a wild shit-show from him. I wouldn't put it past him to try to burn down the White House at this point

Tom Servo
June 4th, 2020, 02:39 PM
Anyway, Swervo, even if the cut is next to nothing compared to $3billion, but I still don't think it'll actually solve the problem most people want solved! Which is police brutality against minorities.

That's not the gist that I've gathered on why people want defunding. The main gists I've gotten are a) stop spending so much on paramilitary gear - the LAPD right now seem to have more gear on them than the Nation Guard do, and b) we have a finite budget and $150 million could go a long way for other things, like helping with homelessness, or transportation, or...

MR2 Fan
June 4th, 2020, 02:46 PM
...or lessening reasons for people to commit crimes, therefore needing less police?

Rare White Ape
June 4th, 2020, 03:00 PM
EXAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACTLY!!!!!!!!

Tom Servo
June 4th, 2020, 03:02 PM
You put that a lot better than I did.

MR2 Fan
June 4th, 2020, 03:07 PM
but how will the for-profit prisons make money???

One of the most heinous things in American society

Crazed_Insanity
June 4th, 2020, 04:34 PM
...or lessening reasons for people to commit crimes, therefore needing less police?

Yes. A more just police will result in less riots. Adding or subtracting money from the police won’t help police become more just. This isn’t about money. A more militarized police won’t make the police any more or less racist. It’s the people that’s giving us problems!

Do you really believe cutting police budget is the one thing you’d do to lower crime rate in your city if you were mayor?

Crazed_Insanity
June 4th, 2020, 04:42 PM
but how will the for-profit prisons make money???

One of the most heinous things in American society

Prisons, for or non-profit, will be closed if there isn’t a biased justice system feeding them excessive people to lock up.

Our judicial system needs reforms as well. Even our Supreme Court can make stupid decisions...

Again, I don’t think it’s the constitution that’s causing our problems, but the bad actors in position of power.

Of course the people electing some of those bad actors can be problematic as well.

We cannot defund education and we cannot allow poverty to exist in a democracy I guess...

FaultyMario
June 4th, 2020, 04:42 PM
Does this surprise anyone?

I knew Jacques was a douchebag before, but this cements it

There was a pic of a BAR recently posted on the pics thread... And you know what? Craig Pollock always gave me the willies. There was something creepy about that dude.

Crazed_Insanity
June 4th, 2020, 04:53 PM
It's interesting to me that George Floyd's murder may have been the push needed to really push people to protest and to vote, and getting both Trump AND GOP out of office in massive numbers. People have really woken up to systematic problems now and those in charge are going to have a much more difficult time trying to do things "under the radar"

Trumps bible stunt where police teargassed and assaulted reporters was a major mistake in a culmination of mistakes he's made this year (well, for 3+ years but you get the idea).

Still, let's say there's an election and Trump loses....those 2 1/2 months until inauguration are going to be a wild shit-show from him. I wouldn't put it past him to try to burn down the White House at this point

Trump definitely needs to go.

However, do you guys really believe Biden will do better than Obama and make black lives matter in America? I hope so, but I’m keeping my expectations low.

Most Democrats are like Kamala and the LA mayor... they either don’t know or just don’t want true reforms that’d would really fix the system.

Who will be our next Abe Lincoln to preserve our union?

neanderthal
June 4th, 2020, 09:26 PM
This video ...

wont upload.:|

neanderthal
June 5th, 2020, 05:54 AM
So many journalists being arrested.

Journalists clearly covering the demonstrations, riots, looting, not participating.

But there's people who thought Hillary would be worse.

FaultyMario
June 5th, 2020, 06:55 AM
But there's people who thought Hillary would be worse.

Again, the Clinton foreign policy would have been worse for the region I live in. As experience proves.

Again, IMHO their particular brand of Neo-liberalism as shown its limits. During her recent appearance in Joe Rogan's podcast, Krystal Ball gives an explanation of why it has eroded community life in the U.S., might want to check it out; I'm sure it's non-progressive enough for most people's tastes.

Tom Servo
June 5th, 2020, 08:05 AM
Looters who hit L.A. stores explain what they did (https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-05/looting-protests-george-floyd)

Tom Servo
June 5th, 2020, 08:35 AM
Growing the LAPD was gospel at City Hall. George Floyd changed that (https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-05/eric-garcetti-lapd-budget-cuts-10000-officers-protests)

Notably, I thought it stood out that the budget cut makes the portion of the city budget that goes towards the LAPD go from about 53% to just below 50%. Even with the cut, LAPD gets nearly half the money the city spends.

Crazed_Insanity
June 5th, 2020, 09:11 AM
I have to admit I had no idea LA spent 50% of its budget on police...

So if we need money to build up other areas in the city, it makes sense to shift some funds from such a well funded police.

$150 million cut probably won’t cause LAPD pain at all, but hopefully the money will be put to good use in minority communities. However I hope money won’t be wasted just on PR moves but will actually build up and heal minority communities.

Lastly, besides healing, we also need to prevent future injuries! I’m still waiting on what actual reforms that will take place to minimize unfair police oppression of minority lives.

I really don’t want to see anymore brutal beatings/killings and the subsequent protesting/rioting again. We may not be able to fully cure racism, but surely we can adopt measures that could remove bad actors in the police dept?

MR2 Fan
June 5th, 2020, 10:01 AM
The DC Mayor is taking NO SHIT from Trump, first she kicked out the National Guard from DC hotel rooms invoking the 3rd Amendment, and now:

@washingtonpost

D.C. mayor renames street outside White House ‘Black Lives Matter Plaza’ in escalation of feud over federal presence in city

Trump must be losing his fking mind right now

Edit: oh and there's this now too:

https://twitter.com/mrlkdds/status/1268935645420019714

sandydandy
June 5th, 2020, 10:29 AM
I love it!

The Imbecile in Chief has now attacked her on Twitter and threatened to send in “a different group of men and women”.

Turd.

Jason
June 5th, 2020, 11:35 AM
Bowser hasn’t been well liked in DC, but this is probably going to help her re-election chances greatly :lol:

Crazed_Insanity
June 5th, 2020, 11:48 AM
That was certainly very interesting...

I like the renaming of a street... hopefully to be able to remind cops to please don’t fuck up again when pursuing future suspects...

sandydandy
June 5th, 2020, 04:29 PM
57 police officers in Buffalo quit in response to the two that were suspended. So technically that means 59 fewer potential black lives murdered.

FaultyMario
June 5th, 2020, 04:59 PM
Lindsey Graham is being outed by gay sex workers who he had apparently had sign NDAs.

While that is somewhat irrelevant because it touches on his private life, what is relevant is that he might have been blackmailed by candidate Trump into supporting him.

The really questionable party is how candidate Trump was able to acquire the kompromat.

FaultyMario
June 5th, 2020, 05:18 PM
Opinion from last year:

https://gregolear.substack.com/p/lindsey-graham-is-trumps-hostage

He’s in the closet, and he can’t get elected in South Carolina if he’s openly gay. This is the boilerplate explanation, but it rings hollow. First of all, it’s almost twenty fucking twenty. Does anyone actually care?

Jason
June 5th, 2020, 05:26 PM
190 clips of Police Brutality in the wake of Geor…: https://youtu.be/hcg9AEKNpmI

Tom Servo
June 5th, 2020, 05:31 PM
57 police officers in Buffalo quit in response to the two that were suspended. So technically that means 59 fewer potential black lives murdered.

Sadly, they just resigned from that specific team. None of them actually resigned from their jobs, they're still getting paid and still working, and presumably still ready to go rough up some folks for fun.

sandydandy
June 5th, 2020, 05:49 PM
Crap. :mad:

Cam
June 5th, 2020, 05:53 PM
Protesters: Stop police brutality!
Cops: *brutalize protesters*

:smh:

MR2 Fan
June 5th, 2020, 06:58 PM
the beatings will continue until you realize there is no police brutality

neanderthal
June 5th, 2020, 07:28 PM
Again, the Clinton foreign policy would have been worse for the region I live in. As experience proves.

Again, IMHO their particular brand of Neo-liberalism as shown its limits. During her recent appearance in Joe Rogan's podcast, Krystal Ball gives an explanation of why it has eroded community life in the U.S., might want to check it out; I'm sure it's non-progressive enough for most people's tastes.

Riiiiiiiiight. Trump voters voted for Clinton because they favored his foreign policy. :rolleyes:

neanderthal
June 5th, 2020, 07:31 PM
Protesters: Stop police brutality!
Cops: *brutalize protesters*

:smh:

This.

the beatings will continue until you realize there is no police brutality

And this.

MR2 Fan
June 5th, 2020, 09:29 PM
Fox "News" propaganda machine in full force

https://twitter.com/LCRWnews/status/1269098948972523520

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZy-w_HUcAAqqL3?format=jpg&name=900x900

Rare White Ape
June 5th, 2020, 11:39 PM
ATTACK AND DETHRONE GOD

How do I join this club?

Yw-slayer
June 6th, 2020, 01:40 AM
ATTACK AND DETHRONE GOD

How do I join this club?

Imma right behind you in the queue, bro.

Rikadyn
June 6th, 2020, 03:06 AM
https://i.redd.it/54wyx268m8351.jpg

mk
June 6th, 2020, 04:42 AM
Is now finally a turning point, after 52 years.

Rikadyn
June 6th, 2020, 05:01 AM
https://i.imgur.com/M0RnHdR.jpg

neanderthal
June 6th, 2020, 07:22 AM
https://i.imgur.com/M0RnHdR.jpg

The irony is delicious.

Rikadyn
June 6th, 2020, 11:10 AM
https://i.redd.it/o58104rura351.jpg

MR2 Fan
June 6th, 2020, 11:43 AM
I agree and I will say that I was WRONG about temporarily stopping the protests. I didn't realize the effect they're having as a whole.

Crazed_Insanity
June 6th, 2020, 01:22 PM
Black establishment halted Bernie’s revolution, so it’s only fair that BLM carry the torch on... America is sick and corrupted. Some sort of reform or revolution is needed to get back on the right path for sure.

Still, I think most would agree that protests shouldn’t turn violent and looting of local mom and pop shops at your local communities are stupid things to do...

Also, bringing your kids even to peaceful protests is really irresponsible thing to do.

Anyway, at this point, the only worrisome thing is spread of Coronavirus... really wish we do not have that virus around...

Tom Servo
June 6th, 2020, 01:35 PM
Still on the police funding thing, saw a reporter saying that one LAPD officer claimed 3,702 hours of overtime last year. That's over 10 hours a day of overtime, every single day.

Crazed_Insanity
June 6th, 2020, 02:06 PM
That’s amazing! That officer must worked really really hard that year!

Still, this shouldn’t be the reason for budget cut... police obviously lack accountability both legally and financially.

Cam
June 6th, 2020, 03:08 PM
I think the implication is that they are corrupt. :|

Rikadyn
June 6th, 2020, 03:11 PM
Also whoever is not fixing that time card is corrupt

Crazed_Insanity
June 6th, 2020, 04:35 PM
Yes, anyway, the point is it’s kinda pointless to fight corruption with budget cuts.

Not to mention the cut is going to be from 53% of total budget down to 50%!

Conservative leaders simply ignore problems and continue their corruption.

Liberal leaders pretend to want to fix the problems...

CA and LA both have liberal leaders, please demonstrate some leadership! Help make our government less corrupt so that we can have less angry protesters!

It’s be nice to at least be able to have blue lives in blue states treat black lives with more respect. CA or LA really can’t blame Trump and GOP for allowing officers to charge unreasonable OT and killing of blacks!

FaultyMario
June 6th, 2020, 04:36 PM
Do police unions get a percentage of that OT pay? I've seen cases of workers not knowing how much extra they contribute to their unions.

Cam
June 6th, 2020, 04:42 PM
Last week, HondaKid talked about how the right-wing gun nuts have adopted The Punisher as an icon. All of a sudden, I am noticing the pick-up trucks with Punisher skull stickers on them. I even saw a Punisher skull with a Trump haircut today. :erm:

Me: I wonder if Marvel knows they are misappropriating their intellectual property.
Lori: Did you know that the head of Marvel is a Trump supporter?
Me: FFFFF... :mad:

Anyway, they obviously ignore what The Punisher stands for.

MR2 Fan
June 6th, 2020, 05:03 PM
I know that since Disney owns Marvel, there have been people trying to ask the Disney company to ensure the punisher logo isn't being used nefariously. Abigail Disney mentioned she is going to look into it as well, even though she technically isn't part of the company, she is Walt's niece.

MR2 Fan
June 6th, 2020, 05:26 PM
So I found out what a TERF was today....so many acronyms/terms about prejudice

Rare White Ape
June 6th, 2020, 06:17 PM
Cam that reminds me of the Pepe frog character meme. The alt-right have adopted it as well.

The artist who came up with Pepe hates it, although there is not much he can do about it.

The stance of the Marvel honcho is disappointing, given Stan Lee’s clear stance on empowering marginalised people and minorities. Basically the entire Marvel back catalogue runs with this as it’s central theme.

It would be great if Disney produced a Punisher film in which the main character picks alt-right themes and icons as the enemy.

Tom Servo
June 6th, 2020, 06:35 PM
Pretty sure the guy who came up with the Punisher has come out against that usage, pointing out that one should not aspire to be like the Punisher.

Yep, in this interview: https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/punisher-creator-gerry-conway-cops-using-the-skull-logo-are-like-people-using-the

Yw-slayer
June 6th, 2020, 10:54 PM
It's pretty clear from the comics that The Punisher is anti-nazi.

mk
June 7th, 2020, 01:46 AM
Speaking of clear.

Thoughts of malaysian beauty queen.
(alternative perspective)

https://sea.mashable.com/culture/10814/this-former-miss-malaysia-is-currently-under-fire-for-saying-black-americans-chose-to-be-born-black

FaultyMario
June 7th, 2020, 04:35 AM
So I found out what a TERF was today....so many acronyms/terms about prejudice

Yeah, why can't JK keep her mouth shut? Opinions are not mandatory.

MR2 Fan
June 7th, 2020, 06:45 AM
I hate to say this, but it does seem that being a centrist Democrat is going to pay off for Joe Biden. Seems like a lot of republicans are more easily being swayed to vote for Biden.

At this point I don't care who it is, as long as it isn't Trump...well, or a couple of other insane GOP people

Tom Servo
June 7th, 2020, 10:13 AM
Saw a person I know (a friend of a friend) who just now started posting QAnonsense on Facebook. There was basically no other sign of falling down that rabbit hole until a couple of days ago when she repeated some nonsense about Antifa leaving bricks lying around for protesters to throw (it was a picture of a security barrier that Chabad of Sherman Oaks had put up over a year ago), then this. I know she's pretty much already too far gone to help, but it seems like more and more people are getting sucked into what's essentially a doomsday cult.

If you know someone that's getting more and more of their "news" from Youtube, it couldn't hurt to try to steer them away from that before it's too late.

mk
June 7th, 2020, 10:41 AM
Around here your heavy stuff is always a bit of an alternative reality.

Tried to catch up and bumped to an article of Bedford boys at Omaha beach.
(yesterday was sixth of June)

Rikadyn
June 7th, 2020, 11:38 AM
https://i.imgur.com/4TxlTAk.png

Jason
June 7th, 2020, 12:25 PM
:lol:

MR2 Fan
June 7th, 2020, 01:23 PM
Saw a person I know (a friend of a friend) who just now started posting QAnonsense on Facebook. There was basically no other sign of falling down that rabbit hole until a couple of days ago when she repeated some nonsense about Antifa leaving bricks lying around for protesters to throw (it was a picture of a security barrier that Chabad of Sherman Oaks had put up over a year ago), then this. I know she's pretty much already too far gone to help, but it seems like more and more people are getting sucked into what's essentially a doomsday cult.

If you know someone that's getting more and more of their "news" from Youtube, it couldn't hurt to try to steer them away from that before it's too late.

This is an ongoing twitter thread of police brutality that has taken place during the protests on video:

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1268395872057950208

MR2 Fan
June 7th, 2020, 03:17 PM
Mitt Romney is marching with BLM protestors today, further cementing my thought that he is the most centrist person in the GOP these days (admittedly, not saying much)

MR2 Fan
June 7th, 2020, 03:29 PM
I think the next time Trump is in front of reporters, someone should ask him straight up "Are you a fascist?" just to see his response, since he's so against ANTIFA, the only response should be "yes"

Crazed_Insanity
June 7th, 2020, 04:18 PM
Mitt Romney is marching with BLM protestors today, further cementing my thought that he is the most centrist person in the GOP these days (admittedly, not saying much)

Main reason why I don’t like most centrists is because they’re only pretending to be centrists in order to win max amount of votes.

Of course I don’t like extremists too...

Personally I don’t mind either sides as long as the person is authentic and have a healthy attitude about his ideology. Meaning that they’d push policies that intend to benefit people rather than oppress/hurt/limit people.

Problem with centrists is that I don’t really know where they really stand...

Bernie Sanders is way more consistent throughout his political career compared to most centrists. You know where Bernie stands. Whereas I’m not sure if anyone knows where Hillary or Biden really stand other than they would stand more upright than Trump the orangutan! ;)

Yw-slayer
June 7th, 2020, 04:18 PM
HAY GUYZ the President sent a tweet in support of Tom Cotton's NYT op-Ed which was published on June 4th, claiming that it was "excellent"!

neanderthal
June 7th, 2020, 08:34 PM
HAY GUYZ the President sent a tweet in support of Tom Cotton's NYT op-Ed which was published on June 4th, claiming that it was "excellent"!

And in the post right above yours, you know who, still equivocates. (https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=equivocates&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8) In today's climate. With everything we know, ... bastards will bastard I guess. And that's why I ignore the bastard.

Crazed_Insanity
June 7th, 2020, 09:34 PM
Look, Biden won the primary and I do like him more than Hillary and I do hate trump more so I thought I made it clear who I’d vote for this time. If you still think I’m ambiguous, I’ll spell it out: BIDEN!

Now, with that said, centrists, not just Biden, do tend to be more ambiguous so it’s harder to figure out where they stand. Often times they may end up trying to make both sides happy but instead making both sides mad!

You’d be better off just do what you believe is right, rather than making policies based on polls.

Just take Warren as example. I really liked her earlier on, but as she tried to win both the progressive and the centrist votes, she ended up losing support from both sides... if she had focused on just making the best possible plans, I think she could’ve easily won.

Anyway, I will be a Biden supporter but just not quite a believer yet. Will he really do better than Obama and bring the structural change we need? I doubt it.

However, I suppose it’d already be a great achievement to bring about normalcy at this point and I do hope this new normal will include the end of police brutality and subsequent protesting/rioting...

Rare White Ape
June 7th, 2020, 10:07 PM
Hey Mo: the only answer, is to ATTACK AND DETHRONE GOD

https://www.facebook.com/AnarchoGoth/photos/a.1924519637843531/2294961044132720/?type=3

Yw-slayer
June 7th, 2020, 11:02 PM
Hey Mo: the only answer, is to ATTACK AND DETHRONE GOD[/url]

Bro, can you put in a word in support of my application? Been waiting.

Rikadyn
June 8th, 2020, 02:00 AM
https://i.redd.it/u05q1d7qok351.jpg

FaultyMario
June 8th, 2020, 03:17 AM
If America was a used car lot, this guy would be impeccable. (https://twitter.com/i/status/1269766365465866240)

Except it's not, and he is the Director of the National Economic Council

FaultyMario
June 8th, 2020, 08:08 AM
BTS Army raises $1M USD for BLM in 24 hours and matches the original donation made by the K-Pop band (https://variety.com/2020/music/news/bts-big-hit-1-million-black-lives-matter-donation-1234627049/).

neanderthal
June 8th, 2020, 10:26 AM
So Bernie is missing a bunch of votes.

And, am I right, Mitt Romney declared black lives matter/ attended a protest before him. What use is Bernie?

George
June 8th, 2020, 12:14 PM
Every time I click on a Twitter link, I end up feeling like I've made a wrong turn and ended up somewhere I shouldn't be. Someone posts something at the top of the page and then most of what follows seems unrelated to the original post. I guess I'm just too old.

Crazed_Insanity
June 8th, 2020, 12:25 PM
So Bernie is missing a bunch of votes.

And, am I right, Mitt Romney declared black lives matter/ attended a protest before him. What use is Bernie?

Yes, we should vote Romney for president. He is obviously better than Bernie. :rolleyes:

Case and point... Obama didn’t not run as a centrist. He was more progressive and Hillary was more centrist. Romney was seen as a more reasonable GOP centrist.

Centrists typically don’t win unless they get lucky. Biden is kinda lucky that the world has turned upside down so going back to status quo is looking quite good right now.

Lastly, again, Bernie missing votes is better than fucking Democratic centrist voting FOR BS! Give the old man a break man...

You should be happy right now... kamala is now the leading VP candidate! :)

All I have to say is that anybody would be better than trump!

One thing I have to admit is that Biden is probably the right guy for the job at this point because the ‘black establishment’ trusts him more. I’m not sure if Bernie could do better than Biden in that regard. I hope he will indeed get the job done and become America’s 1st real black president who ended the BLM movement and restored racial harmony...

FaultyMario
June 8th, 2020, 02:01 PM
Every time I click on a Twitter link, I end up feeling like I've made a wrong turn and ended up somewhere I shouldn't be.

Ok, boomer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS6IedF22g4

Tom Servo
June 8th, 2020, 02:37 PM
Every time I click on a Twitter link, I end up feeling like I've made a wrong turn and ended up somewhere I shouldn't be. Someone posts something at the top of the page and then most of what follows seems unrelated to the original post. I guess I'm just too old.

It is obnoxious, especially with the recent redesign. What I normally see when I'm scrolling through my feed is often entirely different than what someone else sees if they click on a link I put out.

Most of the time, just look at the main post at the top and any other posts in the thread by the same author, otherwise it's just random noise.

neanderthal
June 8th, 2020, 05:02 PM
BTS Army raises $1M USD for BLM in 24 hours and matches the original donation made by the K-Pop band (https://variety.com/2020/music/news/bts-big-hit-1-million-black-lives-matter-donation-1234627049/).

And online, K pop stans have been constantly flooding right wing sites and derailing all their efforts to get certain hashtags trending.

It's been quite lovely.

neanderthal
June 8th, 2020, 05:04 PM

It is obnoxious, especially with the recent redesign. What I normally see when I'm scrolling through my feed is often entirely different than what someone else sees if they click on a link I put out.

Most of the time, just look at the main post at the top and any other posts in the thread by the same author, otherwise it's just random noise.

It's a clusterfuck! Especially when you start to read a tweet near the end of your timeline and then the whole thing refreshes.

Social media is just a shit show.

Tom Servo
June 8th, 2020, 06:05 PM
It really is. Part of it is technical - it's way harder than most people think to be able to have a website handle that many people and still be that snappy (eventual consistency in high speed NoSQL data stores is the bane of my existence sometimes), but it's also product people being dickholes.

Yw-slayer
June 8th, 2020, 06:47 PM
HAY GUYZ, apparently "Florida police organization offers to hire cops who were fired or resigned over police misconduct"!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/08/us/brevard-county-florida-police-union-misconduct-trnd/index.html?utm_term=link&utm_content=2020-06-08T23%3A30%3A17&utm_source=fbCNN&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR2613ZXGzj9cZf9VcBSjxUNgYxIp-nQSGF3K9TfsCmJPbjdNMFHu8tbGK4

neanderthal
June 8th, 2020, 09:26 PM
https://twitter.com/ess_trainor/status/1269748616895348738?s=19

Jason
June 9th, 2020, 06:04 AM
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1270333484528214018

Tom Servo
June 9th, 2020, 06:50 AM
That's the kind of shit my grandma used to say right around the time she started watching "A Current Affair" because it was the "news they don't want you to know about" and started blaming Mexicans every time she lost something.

She also got really into the Phoenix Suns and Charles Barkley around that time too...

Jason
June 9th, 2020, 07:02 AM
I always knew Keith was a birther

Kchrpm
June 9th, 2020, 07:09 AM
...:(

George
June 9th, 2020, 09:05 AM
Ok, boomer.

That's what my kids say to me. :(

FaultyMario
June 9th, 2020, 12:50 PM
Should be a proud papa, those are cool kids!

MR2 Fan
June 9th, 2020, 01:30 PM
Trump can't help himself, he's just digging a deeper and deeper hole for himself. Really will be interesting to see what the GOP does at this point.

I can't imagine what the GOP convention will look like

FaultyMario
June 9th, 2020, 01:49 PM
Trump can't help himself, he's just digging a deeper and deeper hole for himself.

What's the context? The tweet about how that old dude was surely trying to reach for the cop's baton? That's a message for his base, not for the general public, he's giving them an angle to rationalize the crazy. As I've said to others before, there's no point demonizing Trump voters in general1, some are just as tired of the neoliberal State as those who wanted a Warren or a Marianne Williamson, but Trump just resonated with them. So I think that instead of calling attention to the depth of the whole it'd be more constructive to understand why some people don't see it as hole. At all.

_______
1 Nazi punks fuck off. Fuck off.

Tom Servo
June 9th, 2020, 02:50 PM
It's likely about the tweet, but there are a few things at play.

Notably, he wasn't saying he was reaching for his baton, he was saying some bizarre thing about him supposedly trying to scan their radios with his phone in order to block their communications. Like, even if you're pro-police and anti-demonstrator, what kind of fucking nonsense science is that? It's a phone, not a tricorder.
This is all while rumor has it he's planning on a speech meant to unite everyone and lessening the divisive "Law & Order" tone that he's been having which has caused his approval ratings to crater about as much as they can given that most of the country has always disapproved and his base isn't budging. That said, I hear the speech is being written by Stephen Miller. "Can't we all just get along, as long as we're all white?"
This was was kooky enough that Republican congresscritters are legit saying they haven't read it and refusing to read it when handed printouts by reporters. They're not even trying to defend it, just trying to pretend it didn't happen. This is all while some Republican senators have been working on their own police reform bill reportedly without involving Trump at all.

G'day Mate
June 9th, 2020, 03:46 PM
"after appearing to scan police communications in order to black out the equipment"

:erm:

Tom Servo
June 9th, 2020, 04:15 PM
Lololol

https://i.imgur.com/gvDkICQ.png

My favorite response so far was "Cypress Hill, I used to be a fan until someone told me today that you smoke weed."

Yw-slayer
June 9th, 2020, 05:51 PM
:lol:

"Mariah, I used to be a fan but the last things I want to hear about are your emotions and love."

Rare White Ape
June 9th, 2020, 06:30 PM
Meanwhile the lazy and content peace hippies over in NZ are up to nothing good.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-09/new-zealand-armed-response-teams-will-not-continue/12336460

neanderthal
June 9th, 2020, 06:38 PM
The daily show is so brilliant. Oldie but a goodie.

https://youtu.be/NzDhm808oU4

Yw-slayer
June 9th, 2020, 10:00 PM
There is a good point in the replies that the Scott Castenada account could be fake, since it goes from pro-ACA in 2015 to pro-Trump in July 2019. But who knows. And in the meantime, Tom's been roasting other morons anyway.

Crazed_Insanity
June 9th, 2020, 10:07 PM
:sing:bad cops bad cops, whacha gonna do? Whacha gonna do when they cancel you... ?:sing:

neanderthal
June 10th, 2020, 06:34 AM
Problems voting in certain districts in Georgia. (https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/06/09/georgia-primary-election-voting-309066?__twitter_impression=true)

But if you ask certain fucksticks (one posts here regularly) it's because ... some other bullshit.

neanderthal
June 10th, 2020, 06:36 AM
Lololol

https://i.imgur.com/gvDkICQ.png

My favorite response so far was "Cypress Hill, I used to be a fan until someone told me today that you smoke weed."

What machine did they they they were raging against? The washing machine? Coffee machine? Vending machine? :lol:

MR2 Fan
June 10th, 2020, 09:53 AM
Yeah regarding Georgia, at least we're seeing these issues now before November and honestly, I'm just going to call GA for Trump and stop worrying about whatever happens in that state.