PDA

View Full Version : Politics

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101

MR2 Fan
July 10th, 2020, 08:45 AM
and only tell us what you can YW, if you don't feel comfortable sharing info here, that's understandable these days

Tom Servo
July 10th, 2020, 10:41 AM
Well, that's a nicely composed photo.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EcktkzSXsAA7ASX?format=jpg&name=900x900

(Credit to Samuel Corum (https://twitter.com/corumphoto))

Crazed_Insanity
July 10th, 2020, 11:23 AM
Looks like saint trump taking a dump!

mk
July 10th, 2020, 11:56 AM
Hathor?

George
July 10th, 2020, 12:09 PM
Beelzebub?

(I had to google Hathor)

Yw-slayer
July 10th, 2020, 12:35 PM
Nice to see you can still access this forum, YW. Do you expect to be under The Great Firewall soon?

I'm pretty sure we won't be under the Great Firewall anytime soon. But that's just my opinion.

Amusingly enough, I've actually been unable to access this forum without a VPN for some months of this year (not all, there was a problem-free period in the middle). I am 99.99999% sure it was/is just due to some screw-up on the HKIX side, and probably some DNS update thing, rather than because of any C3N50RR33DD!!/!/1!?!?!! or the firewall. I'll probably write to my ISP at some point just to clarify it. I mean, this is a car/videogame forum compared to the far more intense stuff that is posted on, say, Reddit everyday.

Other than that, nothing is ever perfect, and that's what I've been saying for some time (including over the last year or so), and will continue to say, regardless of recent events and how they have been reported.

Tom Servo
July 10th, 2020, 08:40 PM
Trump commutes Roger Stone's sentence after he explains that he could have turned on Trump but didn't. I mean, this is textbook corruption, right?

Tom Servo
July 10th, 2020, 09:23 PM
In other news, at least Senator Cruz is consistent in his love for Goya foods.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EcnmycyXgAUr86x?format=jpg&name=medium

Rare White Ape
July 11th, 2020, 01:24 AM
I'm getting a weird vibe here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1620066711466498

Cam
July 11th, 2020, 03:04 AM
I check the free section of Craigslist on a regular basis. Yesterday, there were a couple of strange ads for conspiracy theories. They were not selling anything. One was just a photo accompanied by one word. The other was a link to a conspiracy theory video. Something something taking yer gunz something... I flagged them for being stupid. I put this here because they were government-related.

sandydandy
July 11th, 2020, 10:46 AM
The good news is in less than four months America will have the chance to vote this prick out of office. Unless Ye is successful in sabotaging the Democratic vote.

Just curious, what happens if Trump outright refuses to leave office next January, even after being defeated in the election? I’ve seen some headlines of articles expressing concern about this very issue, (didn’t actually bother to read them).

Crazed_Insanity
July 11th, 2020, 12:24 PM
Trump has corrupted the justice dept, but I kinda doubt pentagon is loyal to him... unless there are a lot of closet trump supporters in the military that we don’t know about?

In order to grab power, he’s gonna need support of fire power. If our military stays loyal to the constitution, we should be okay?

We’ll see.

sandydandy
July 11th, 2020, 12:31 PM
You thinking it'll be a coup d'etat by Trump? It'll be the end of democracy in the US. Emperor Trump.

Crazed_Insanity
July 11th, 2020, 12:41 PM
There’ll be no other legitimate way for him to grab power.

Either that... or maybe start a world war and declare emergency war powers or something... point is, without voter support, without congressional and even Supreme Court support, he needs fire power to maintain power...

Anyway, I don’t think we have too much to worry about for now...

neanderthal
July 11th, 2020, 01:03 PM
Whatever happened to Tara Reade?

Have I mentioned "fuck Bernie" lately?

Can we get all the "I believe Tara" (https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1233346?__twitter_impression=true) people out on this one please.

neanderthal
July 11th, 2020, 02:43 PM
This dude, talking about ...

Just watch the video.

https://twitter.com/KingBach/status/1281076008364343296?s=09

Crazed_Insanity
July 11th, 2020, 09:48 PM

Can we get all the "I believe Tara" (https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1233346?__twitter_impression=true) people out on this one please.

It’s very possible that I’m sexist I suppose. I don’t quite believe Tara, nor this gal you mentioned...

I didn’t believe Warren’s accusation against Bernie and I didn’t vote for Hillary...

But I voted for Jill Stein!

Whew! So I guess I’m probably not a sexist? Otherwise I should vote for Gary Johnson, right?

Anyway dude, get over Bernie Sanders dude. Your guy won. Let it go. It’s unlikely that Bernie will run again in 4 or 8 years...

Black establishment has won. I hope the ‘establishment’ that Biden serves will eventually make the black establishment matter more too. Focus on kicking trumps ass rather kicking on Bernie the dead old horse.

Jason
July 12th, 2020, 09:10 AM

Considering how closely Biden and Sanders are working together to form policy, I’m expecting you to vote for Trump as a protest against the problematic nature of Biden and Sanders.

Right?

neanderthal
July 12th, 2020, 12:59 PM
Considering how closely Biden and Sanders are working together to form policy, I’m expecting you to vote for Trump as a protest against the problematic nature of Biden and Sanders.

Right?

Nah fam, I'm a big picture voter.

Jason
July 13th, 2020, 04:19 AM
Nah fam, I'm a big picture voter.

As are many Sanders supporters, so let's chill and re-focus on removing Trump :up:

Crazed_Insanity
July 13th, 2020, 07:28 AM
I think he just wish I could get out of that big picture... ;)

neanderthal
July 13th, 2020, 08:43 PM
As are many Sanders supporters, so let's chill and re-focus on removing Trump and all the Republican cunts enabling his regime.:up:

Fixed.

Yw-slayer
July 13th, 2020, 10:22 PM
Yo, tell us what you want. What you really, really, want.

SportWagon
July 14th, 2020, 06:02 AM
https://www.metro.us/watch-president-trump-hit-on-a-spice-girl-in-front-of-then-girlfriend-melania/

FaultyMario
July 14th, 2020, 10:14 AM
Yo, tell us what you want. What you really, really, want.

I really wanna zigzag.

Tom Servo
July 14th, 2020, 11:40 AM
I want a zagnut.

Tom Servo
July 14th, 2020, 11:42 AM
Today Ivanka Trump unveiled the "Find Something New" campaign, in an attempt to help people find new jobs when their old ones just aren't coming back.

Trump's whole campaign was about bringing back old jobs, like coal ones, while Hillary campaigned on programs to help people transition to new ones.

George
July 14th, 2020, 11:51 AM
I want...

Uh, nevermind. That didn't last long, did it?

In other news, I saw a bumper sticker this morning that said IMPEACH BIDEN.

I'm thinking that's a mixed message. On the one hand, it says "I support Trump." On the other, it says "I realize Trump will lose."

sandydandy
July 14th, 2020, 12:26 PM
Today Ivanka Trump unveiled the "Find Something New" campaign, in an attempt to help people find new jobs when their old ones just aren't coming back. I saw it. I don’t necessarily think it’s a bad thing to give people encouragement, because I don’t necessarily think she’s the same as her father. People will absolutely take it as a slap in the face though, because it’s coming from her. It’s her burden to bear sharing the same blood and last name with her narcissistic father.

Tom Servo
July 14th, 2020, 01:00 PM
On one hand, yeah, it's a good idea. Some industries are going away and no amount of cheerleading from the president is going to change that. I agreed then that the right thing to do is to help people transition to new jobs via training and assistance during that transition period, and I still do. On the other hand, we could have started doing that four years ago. Also, pessimistically, I have a feeling this will be more talk than actual investment, but that remains to be seen.

Also, she's now had four years to prove that she really is the voice of reason in this administration but it's clear she's enjoying the grift just as much as anyone else in her family.

sandydandy
July 14th, 2020, 01:37 PM
The problem I see with “find something new” is it has a bit of a backhanded connotation coming from a Trump. I think most people will interpret it as such. Maybe she should’ve tried “start something new” or “try something new”.

Either way, those words of advice apply to almost everyone, even in the best of times. A lot of people feel stuck and unfulfilled in their careers year round. That’s a topic for another discussion.

FaultyMario
July 14th, 2020, 01:42 PM
Could Donald engineer a swap in for Ivanka or does it have to be Pence in case Trump says "Fuck it"? Would the GOP go along with it?

FaultyMario
July 14th, 2020, 01:44 PM
Wikipedia says she clears the eligibility criteria.

Tom Servo
July 14th, 2020, 01:53 PM
I'm not aware of anything that would allow a president to just tag in whatever teammate they wanted and then bow out. I've gotta imagine that's not possible, otherwise imagine the shenanigans that could happen, like Biden getting elected and then immediately swapping out for Hillary.

FaultyMario
July 14th, 2020, 02:26 PM
I meant it as in:

Trump1
-2020-
Pence

1The other one.

Crazed_Insanity
July 14th, 2020, 02:26 PM
He probably could dump Pence and make her VP and then play dead if that's what he really really wants.

George
July 14th, 2020, 02:35 PM
I'm not aware of anything that would allow a president to just tag in whatever teammate they wanted and then bow out. I've gotta imagine that's not possible, otherwise imagine the shenanigans that could happen, like Biden getting elected and then immediately swapping out for Hillary.

Ooh! Ooh!

*raises hand*

Spiro Agnew was Richard Nixon's first vice president. Agnew resigned. Nixon appointed Gerald Ford as VP. Nixon then resigned. Ford became president.

Ford was elected to the House of Representatives, but he was never elected vice president or president.

Granted, Ford had to be confirmed by both houses of Congress, and that could potentially quash the kind of shenanigans being discussed here, especially with an unqualified and/or unpopular nomination, but it has happened before.

G'day Mate
July 14th, 2020, 06:56 PM
:up:

Tom Servo
July 14th, 2020, 09:39 PM
Also, she's now had four years to prove that she really is the voice of reason in this administration but it's clear she's enjoying the grift just as much as anyone else in her family.

Case in point:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ec7qtxEXYAIcmGr?format=jpg&name=large

Tom Servo
July 15th, 2020, 07:38 AM
Remarks from Trump's press conference yesterday...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ec-B_GtXoAEi-iW?format=jpg&name=small

Yes. It's true that the US never even asked for most-favored trade status with...itself.

Crazed_Insanity
July 15th, 2020, 07:43 AM
:lol:

No worries, we just need to be the greatest trading nation on earth I guess. We don’t need any favors! :p

George
July 15th, 2020, 09:20 AM
Spiro Agnew was Richard Nixon's first vice president. Agnew resigned. Nixon appointed Gerald Ford as VP. Nixon then resigned. Ford became president.

Ford was elected to the House of Representatives, but he was never elected vice president or president.

Granted, Ford had to be confirmed by both houses of Congress, and that could potentially quash the kind of shenanigans being discussed here, especially with an unqualified and/or unpopular nomination, but it has happened before.

I've been thinking about this. I should have used the world nominee instead of nomination, but this is much more important:

Confirmation of an appointed vice president only requires a simple majority in each house of Congress. It does not require a two-thirds super majority.

Therefore, if one party had a majority in both houses of Congress, theoretically that party could make anyone president who is qualified to hold the officer per the Constitution, assuming the vice presidents (plural) and the president went along with the plan.

Yw-slayer
July 15th, 2020, 09:37 AM
Remarks from Trump's press conference yesterday...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ec-B_GtXoAEi-iW?format=jpg&name=small

Yes. It's true that the US never even asked for most-favored trade status with...itself.

I dunno man, give him a break. I mean, I only learned about MFN status from a computer game i played when I was 11 years old. Whereas he's just the elected leader of the United States. He can't be expected to know EVERYTHING!!!

Tom Servo
July 15th, 2020, 10:05 AM
I've been thinking about this. I should have used the world nominee instead of nomination, but this is much more important:

Confirmation of an appointed vice president only requires a simple majority in each house of Congress. It does not require a two-thirds super majority.

Therefore, if one party had a majority in both houses of Congress, theoretically that party could make anyone president who is qualified to hold the officer per the Constitution, assuming the vice presidents (plural) and the president went along with the plan.

That's kinda diabolical...

Crazed_Insanity
July 15th, 2020, 12:22 PM
Chances of that should be slim. If majority of Americans support trump, yeah, that chance might get fatter... but 4 years ago, Trump did not receive majority popular support. 4 years later, I can't say he has gained more support to make that more plausible...

George
July 15th, 2020, 04:05 PM
I'm not suggesting it would happen; only that it's theoretically possible.

Perhaps I should write a novel called The Hostile Takeover or something. Maybe some American soldiers are captured by foreign powers and brainwashed and then returned to their unit. Later, one of...

Nah, it's probably been done before.

Tom Servo
July 15th, 2020, 04:52 PM
Brad Parscale out as campaign director, he was credited with a lot of his social media presence and digital fund raising, but got blamed for embarrassment of the Tulsa rally supposedly having 800,000 RSVPs but only 6,000 people showing up.

FaultyMario
July 15th, 2020, 05:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdAmldVWsAI6jxP.jpg

Rikadyn
July 16th, 2020, 04:39 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdAmldVWsAI6jxP.jpg

"Daddy was just not working for me anymore"

Tom Servo
July 16th, 2020, 08:32 AM
We don't have a "I'm never going to stop vomiting" emoji :/

George
July 16th, 2020, 09:19 AM
https://i.insider.com/5f0f5357aee6a86ae8147634?width=900&format=jpeg&auto=webp

The359
July 16th, 2020, 10:15 AM
Did he run out of tanner half way?

Tom Servo
July 16th, 2020, 10:40 AM
I saw an interesting tweet from Popehat. At some point, someone will file a lawsuit because the president and his cabinet aren't supposed to use their position to promote products like that. His guess at their defense is that it wasn't actually an attempt to promote the product, it was just to "rile up the libs." I'll be interested to see if that's how it plays out.

Aside: I think it's interesting how often the idea of "owning" or "triggering" the libs is mostly just us making fun of them.

MR2 Fan
July 16th, 2020, 11:39 AM
Oh well, guess that's the end of that...

Supreme Court allows Florida to require ex-felons to repay fees before being allowed to register to vote.

In a 6-3 vote the US Supreme Court declined to change Florida's voting rule that would allow convicted felons in the state to vote if they haven't paid all their court fees, fines and restitution.

Crazed_Insanity
July 16th, 2020, 05:46 PM
Are there really a so many ex-felons that could turn Florida blue if allowed to vote?

Democrats really first need to reform the criminal justice system 1st, rather than fight for all ex-felons to vote.

Voters have no power to actually reform the criminal justice system. If you’re serious about winning black votes, help them not be arrested and jailed unjustly 1st.

Just try to win more votes from regular citizens. Trump may need to resort to attract racist voters, Democrats really shouldn’t need the support of ex-felons in order to win.

[edit] ok, just found out that there are potentially a million ex-felons in Florida... I guess that’s a significant #...

George
July 17th, 2020, 04:37 AM
Well, it is Florida, after all.

https://floridaman.com/

Crazed_Insanity
July 17th, 2020, 08:23 AM

Seriously, I had no idea florida man is a thing... I have a new found respect for MR2 man now... :p

Jason
July 17th, 2020, 08:36 AM
Edited: Ginsburg is getting cancer treatment again.

"On May 19, I began a course of chemotherapy (gemcitabine) to treat a recurrence of cancer. A periodic scan in February followed by a biopsy revealed lesions on my liver. My recent hospitalizations to remove gall stones and treat an infection were unrelated to this recurrence.

Immunotherapy first essayed proved unsuccessful. The chemotherapy course, however, is yielding positive results. Satisfied that my treatment course is now clear, I am providing this information. My most recent scan on July 7 indicated significant reduction of the liver lesions and no new disease. I am tolerating chemotherapy well and am encouraged by the success of my current treatment. I will continue bi-weekly chemotherapy to keep my cancer at bay, and am able to maintain an active daily routine. Throughout, I have kept up with opinion writing and all other Court work.

I have often said I would remain a member of the Court as long as I can do the job full steam. I remain fully able to do that."

*fingers crossed*

MR2 Fan
July 17th, 2020, 09:01 AM
https://media.tenor.com/images/4434d2900e9ea1bf44824d7711e5ee7a/tenor.gif

neanderthal
July 17th, 2020, 12:10 PM
We said "the Supreme Court is on the line" in 2016.

Here we are.

Rikadyn
July 17th, 2020, 02:38 PM
Really she should have retired when dems controlled congress under Obama.

Tom Servo
July 17th, 2020, 03:02 PM
Hey, now apparently we've got secret police! Fun!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/17/portland-protests-federal-arrests/?fbclid=IwAR1K2fWcmMMelsxv22tX2AeKqxoktOW9JDhs_9ud nQD2BfXhTjDeP8py5no

Crazed_Insanity
July 17th, 2020, 04:39 PM
Wearing all black?
Men in black?

So it’s not the fault of the chinese, it’s the aliens!!!

neanderthal
July 17th, 2020, 08:20 PM
Rest In Power John Lewis. A bloody legend.

Crazed_Insanity
July 17th, 2020, 10:25 PM
:(

mk
July 18th, 2020, 11:17 AM
Hey, now apparently we've got secret police! Fun!

Just checking, just in case.

- Tseka, Oregon

The359
July 18th, 2020, 03:04 PM
So, Trump put one of his top campaign donors in as the new Postmaster General (he has already donated $360,000 to Trump's campaign in just the past six months), and have also been stacking the Board of Governors for the USPS with other Republicans so that they can control the majority of the system. This past week they instituted new policies without discussing them with any of our four unions and have completely eliminated the "Every piece, every day" slogan of management. From our Central PA district management we've been told that we need to cut so many employee hours that it would be the "equivilant" of shutting down every hub facility for 15 days, or eliminating one of three tours from each hub facility for 28 days. They have already started dismantling processing machines nationwide, every facility is losing some. Again, all of this done with little to no warning.

Their other big target for cost savings is that everything is now being run on trucking schedules, nothing is allowed to be held or leave late. We can't even request extra trucking runs. Management is now threatening to bill any employee who holds a truck or adds an extra trip to cover the costs as those trips are made through outside contractors. If the mail is not processed by time the truck is destined to leave, it will sit until the next day. This past week we've had several cities that simply received no letter mail for the day because the processing was not completed on time. Because of this strict adherence to schedules with no wiggle room, mail has been stacking up for the past week that normally would have been delivered already.

In short, don't expect anything to arrive on time. It will get there when it gets there. And don't be surprised to see the prices skyrocket. Trump is even less likely to sign off on Congress' attempt to give us funding we desperately need since he has direct control over the agency.

Tom Servo
July 18th, 2020, 03:43 PM
That sucks, and I fully assume that this will play into his attack on absentee voting come November.

Cam
July 18th, 2020, 03:55 PM
:(

FaultyMario
July 18th, 2020, 05:16 PM
A country's Postal System is always a good indicator of the level of competence of a government.

21Kid
July 18th, 2020, 09:43 PM
Wow. I had heard rumors, but that is nuts.

Rare White Ape
July 18th, 2020, 11:29 PM
Fuck… really?

That is utterly ridiculous.

Classic neolib tactic. They’re doing the same with the ABC in Australia. Stacking the management with Liberal Party cronies, while at the same time it’s being attacked in mainstream media for having a lefty bias.

It’ll be sold off to Rupert Murdoch within five years if it keeps up.

sandydandy
July 19th, 2020, 07:35 PM
Kanye West has lost his mind, (again). I saw clips of his rally today, and it was cringeworthy at best. He made questionable claims about Harriet Tubman and even broke down crying talking about his daughter. It was kind of sad to watch. He seriously needs mental help.

I actually thought he dropped out of the race, according to something I saw earlier in the week. I guess not. Hopefully he does soon.

MR2 Fan
July 19th, 2020, 08:08 PM
and the insanity just keeps on coming:

@wildstein
The husband and son of U.S. District Court Judge Esther Salas were shot this evening after a gunman dressed as a Federal Express delivery driver entered their North Brunswick home. Her son is dead; her husband in critical condition.

https://newjerseyglobe.com/judiciary/son-of-federal-judge-slain-husband-in-critical-condition/

Judge Salas was assigned the civil case suing DEUTSCHE BANK over relations to JEFFREY EPSTEIN only four days ago.

Tom Servo
July 20th, 2020, 02:54 PM
As much as I love a good conspiracy theory, looks like it was your garden level "misogynist hates his mom and all other women" thing. https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/suspect-federal-judge-s-home-ambush-railed-against-her-misogynistic-n1234408

Tom Servo
July 20th, 2020, 05:38 PM
Kinda feels like this could go in either this or the pandemic thread, but given that the Times filed it under "politics", I figured I'd follow their lead.

Inside the Failure: 5 Takeaways on Trump’s Effort to Shift Responsibility (https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/18/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-failure-takeaways.html)

Notable thing in there for us Californians is that apparently in exchange for help with tests, Newsom had to call and personally ask Trump while praising him to get them.

Yw-slayer
July 20th, 2020, 06:36 PM
https://eand.co/how-the-american-idiot-made-america-unlivable-7531e917181b

Enjoy the read.

Leon
July 20th, 2020, 06:59 PM
Ooof.

Crazed_Insanity
July 20th, 2020, 11:41 PM
America is probably leaning too far to the right and China is leaning too muc the other way.

Neither is ideal.

It is kind of interesting that current super powers are these 2 asshole nations.

Nice places like NZ or Taiwan basically have very little influence over the rest of the world.

Rikadyn
July 21st, 2020, 04:42 AM
China is not left in any sense of the word. They are a state owned capitalist economy using the rhetoric of populism and an iron fist to squash opposition.

The US is a capitalist owned state with two parties that use the rhetoric of populism, and the illusion of choice to keep people in line if they are rich enough, otherwise an iron fist to squash opposition

JoshInKC
July 21st, 2020, 04:44 AM
You took the words right out of my mouth

Crazed_Insanity
July 21st, 2020, 06:08 AM
China is not left in any sense of the word. They are a state owned capitalist economy using the rhetoric of populism and an iron fist to squash opposition.

The US is a capitalist owned state with two parties that use the rhetoric of populism, and the illusion of choice to keep people in line if they are rich enough, otherwise an iron fist to squash opposition

Yes, your descriptions are definitely more accurate than mine! :p

But you do agree with me that it seems that you have to be an asshole to become an influential superpower? The world's current 2 major superpowers just remind me a lot of the 2 major parties at home. Taiwan or nations like NZ are also very much like the progressive party...

Rikadyn
July 21st, 2020, 12:42 PM
The only reason to be a super power is to be an asshole, but that doesn't mean that just because you are not a super power you can't be an asshole. Just more likely you align yourself with a larger asshole so you can benefit without taking the heat yourself.

Tom Servo
July 21st, 2020, 04:01 PM
I have to admit, Trump saying that he's met Ghislaine Maxwell a bunch of times and that he wishes her well was not on my bingo sheet for today.

(For those who haven't been following along, she was Jeff Epstein's constant companion who went into hiding when he was arrested. Her role was to recruit the girls that he'd eventually end up assaulting.)

Tom Servo
July 21st, 2020, 06:51 PM
Twitter bans 7,000 QAnon accounts and limits posting rights of 150,000 more, while also preventing QAnon topics from being searched for or showing up in the trending modules.

They'll keep finding ways around it, but it will help to limit the spread. This is a long time coming, especially the part that institutes new rules for "swarming", or having hundreds/thousands of people start harassing people baselessly accused of various transgressions. I follow Chrissy Teigan and she's constantly being harassed by people claiming that she went to Jeff Epstein's island to eat children.

Rare White Ape
July 22nd, 2020, 12:47 AM
Ooof.

That swarming thing could've come in handy back in, oh... 2014, when thousands of 4channers were suddenly very interested in ethics in video game journalism :rolleyes:

Crazed_Insanity
July 22nd, 2020, 10:11 AM
US orders closure of Chinese consulate in Houston..., oh my, another cold war is probably about to start...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/22/politics/china-us-houston-consulate-intl-hnk/index.html

neanderthal
July 22nd, 2020, 05:40 PM
Question for those of you smarter than me. (that means I don't need your answer; you know who you are.)

So, Portland.
A ... army (lets call them that. It might be a squad, it might be a unit. We. don't. know.) ... of unknown ... feds(?) is seizing people off the streets. Ostensibly "arresting" them. Beating them in plain sight. Tear gassing them. And then when they take them to their black sites and they request a lawyer, they're releasing them.

This unidentified force has NO warrants for these ... arrests/ kidnappings. And no jurisdiction either. No Miranda rights are being read. Whispers are that its ICE.

Anyway, My question is; again, thanks but I don't need your input.

Why can't the Governor of Oregon call on the National Guard to come heavily fucking armed and mass arrest these fascist fucks?

Serious question. The Governors first responsibility is to the citizens of Oregon, no? This would be protecting it's citizens and ... restoring order. (just go with it.) So why not?

Follow up question; Who would Trump send in next, to liberate his goons, and under what guise?

Rikadyn
July 22nd, 2020, 07:30 PM
Plus with no identification it will let the right wing militias act as if they are the feds and free from repercussion. Honestly we need the spirit of Huey's black panthers to come back

MR2 Fan
July 22nd, 2020, 08:55 PM
This twitter thread sums up a lot of things going on with Fox News/Fascism perfectly:

https://twitter.com/JYSexton/status/1285949728027533315

Crazed_Insanity
July 22nd, 2020, 09:19 PM
Yeah, I’m totally lost why Oregon is turning into Hong Kong.

Why didnt these feds come to Los Angeles or Minneapolis or other liberal cities..., or trump simply hasn’t gotten to those cities yet?

Rare White Ape
July 23rd, 2020, 06:01 AM
https://eand.co/how-the-american-idiot-made-america-unlivable-7531e917181b

Enjoy the read.

That was an enjoyable read.

Yw-slayer
July 23rd, 2020, 07:10 AM
You know how you feel when you click "View Post" and wish you hadn't? Lol

Rare White Ape
July 23rd, 2020, 01:34 PM
Can’t do it on mobile :)

Yw-slayer
July 23rd, 2020, 05:38 PM
Ah, I always use the full version of the forum. Anyway.

The359
July 23rd, 2020, 08:38 PM
Whispers are that its ICE.

They are Customs and Border Patrol agents. CBP has authority to search in any area of the United States within 100 miles of an external border, which includes not only the Mexican and Canadian borders, but also the Atlantic, Pacific, and Gulf coasts. You are correct however that they have no legal authority to arrest without state approval, unless it is specifically for a crime against federal property.

Tom Servo
July 23rd, 2020, 09:01 PM
From what I hear, it also includes international airports, so basically almost anywhere in the US, and certainly in any major population center.

Crazed_Insanity
July 24th, 2020, 08:04 AM
My question is why they picked Portland?

They don't dare pick on LA because of our militarized police? Or perhaps it's just timing? We just don't have mass protesting anymore so they just picked a place with more protesters to mess with them?

Yw-slayer
July 25th, 2020, 07:09 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2020-07-24/pompeos-china-speech-draws-widespread-rebuke%3fcontext=amp

There's probably someone on this forum who thinks that Robert Daly and Thomas Wright are actually CCP apologists/wumao!!!

Tom Servo
July 25th, 2020, 07:32 AM
Man, I tried to read that but the site got into a literal fight with my browser.

Crazed_Insanity
July 25th, 2020, 07:35 AM
I think these 2 asshole nations are about to go to war... probably a good distraction for trumps low rating, but likely bad for Chinese people, including myself!

China also just needs to stop stealing stuff and pretend it’s their own... also treat its people nicer.

The day Dalai Lama decides that he can safely return home is the day China becomes a true respectable global superpower. You don’t need to copy American asshole to be great.

Tom Servo
July 25th, 2020, 01:09 PM
My question is why they picked Portland?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/portland-protests-operation-diligent-valor/2020/07/24/95f21ede-cce9-11ea-89ce-ac7d5e4a5a38_story.html

Crazed_Insanity
July 25th, 2020, 02:56 PM
Thanks for that... so essentially it’s just timing? Trump wanted to do something and Portland just happened to have what Trump wanted...

Anyway, trump is a dictator wannabe, and naturally he’s doing exactly what China would do...

Trump knows his days are numbered..., that’s why he’s now willing pick a fight against not only China, but also the American people...

So sad...

Hoping for a regime change for both superpowers...

MR2 Fan
July 25th, 2020, 03:55 PM
So, in Louisville there's been a stand-off between two armed militias, the "Three percenter" far rightwingers and the newly formed NFAC "Not Fucking Around Coalition" of all-black people, both sides fully armed.

There's been a few shots fired apparently.

The ONLY good thing I see coming out of this is the NFAC has apparently WAAAAAY more people than the Three Percenters. People are estimating 500 people vs a few dozen.

I don't want any armed conflict from either side, but I think a large show of force that is way beyond what the right wingers expect MAY help???

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/multiple-victims-reported-shot-as-armed-militias-face-off-at-louisville-police-brutality-protest/

Tom Servo
July 25th, 2020, 06:48 PM
Thanks for that... so essentially it’s just timing? Trump wanted to do something and Portland just happened to have what Trump wanted...

It does sound like that. BTW, I should have posted that along with "I was wondering that myself, then came across this article this morning", as my wife and I were also trying to figure out how it all started with Portland.

Crazed_Insanity
July 26th, 2020, 03:51 PM
I'm not really that familiar with Oregon, but the one time I drove thru it, it does struck me as a bit odd.

It looks kinda rural... looks like it should've been a red conservative state, but perhaps because it is on the west coast, Oregonians thought they should act more blue?

I also encountered quite a few passive aggressive drivers... or maybe just aggressive drivers... they'd honk at you or cut you off or just do stuffs as if they own the road or something... I almost want to say they're as bad as LA! Or maybe it's the way I drive that ticked them off? :p Anyway, it just seems that there really shouldn't be as much pent up frustration in such a relatively small state? Something just felt out of place IMHO. But that was just my 1st impression of the state...

Furthermore, black population in Oregon is really really low. Like 3% of total. I can't believe it's those 3% that causing trouble... Has this liberal state really been mistreating black people like LA? So much that black people are afraid to move there?

Anyway, besides timing, I do believe the main reason Trump invaded that state was probably because of the lack of Trump hotels/casinos/golf courses/whatever business interests there. States and nations with Trump businesses in them are probably safe from being invaded by Trump army.

Rikadyn
July 26th, 2020, 04:29 PM
Oregon's founding is interesting.

In December 1844, Oregon passed its Black Exclusion Law, which prohibited African Americans from entering the territory while simultaneously prohibiting slavery. Slave owners who brought their slaves with them were given three years before they were forced to free them. Any African Americans in the region after the law was passed were forced to leave, and those who did not comply were arrested and beaten. They received no less than twenty and no more than thirty-nine stripes across their bare back if they still did not leave. This process could be repeated every six months.

It also used to be the center of the white nationalist movement until it moved to Detroit in the 90s

Crazed_Insanity
July 26th, 2020, 09:28 PM
Interesting indeed! I guess my gut feeling wasn’t that off... Oregonians’ complicated past probably caused them to be a bit confused about who they really are and what they really want?

Anyway, Oregon aside, it is also somewhat interesting that quite a few liberal cities tend have more police brutality problems... Freeing slaves is one thing, but freeing ourselves from racism is quite another.

Yw-slayer
July 26th, 2020, 10:09 PM
Man, I tried to read that but the site got into a literal fight with my browser.

Sorry to hear that. Worked fine on mine but I was using mobile Edge. I did look around for a relatively neutral website to get the citation from as I'd come across the quote in an Opinion piece.

Leon
July 26th, 2020, 10:09 PM
So, in Louisville there's been a stand-off between two armed militias

the fuck is up with your country ... seems like no matter the problem (virus, rampant racism) somebody decides "THE SOLUTION IS MACHINE GUNS"

Yet somehow, the place is being run by a completely senile lunatic, and nobody has managed to decide to fix that particular problem with machine guns?

neanderthal
July 27th, 2020, 06:13 AM
Sigh.
https://twitter.com/notcapnamerica/status/1287632079312871425?s=19

Crazed_Insanity
July 27th, 2020, 07:31 AM
Yep, obviously it's the Bernie Bros striking again! Also, since Bernie couldn't get a handle on his bros, we can just blame Bernie just like Donald can still blame things on Hillary? :p

Seriously, why should you care about what these extremists think? You really believe these bozos would actually be able to assassinate Biden?

Our nation needs to be run NOT by extremists from either sides.

Biden's short list of VPs all have certain issues. Any one of them should be well qualified for the job, but none of them is perfect for Biden... I do believe Biden at this point is probably strong enough to win, regardless of who he picks as VP. However, this person is likely to be running for president someday... hope Biden will choose wisely.

Crazed_Insanity
July 27th, 2020, 07:52 AM
the fuck is up with your country ... seems like no matter the problem (virus, rampant racism) somebody decides "THE SOLUTION IS MACHINE GUNS"

Yet somehow, the place is being run by a completely senile lunatic, and nobody has managed to decide to fix that particular problem with machine guns?

If the senile lunie lost the election in November and refuse to move out of the WH, then machine guns will be used to remove him.

Yw-slayer
July 27th, 2020, 11:06 PM
https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2020/07/28/defence-fails-to-raise-reasonable-doubt-on-najibs-abuse-of-power-charge/

Rare White Ape
July 28th, 2020, 06:15 AM
Oh. Look!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/27/fossil-fuels-oil-gas-industry-police-foundations?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Tweet

Crazed_Insanity
July 28th, 2020, 07:08 AM
Hmm... I wonder if Biden and the democrats are immune to these companies’ money...

Oh well, at least they’ll be better than Trump and the republicans. We’ll just have to worry about the stranglehold of these companies on our government later.

Hopefully some time in the future, we’ll have a new Bernie like figure who the Neanderthal types won’t hate as much?

Jason
July 28th, 2020, 07:44 PM
Used Twitter to tweet at a developer today and had a look around... it’s amazing how much sniping there is between different sects of Democrats, instead of simply unifying behind whomever Biden picks. Warren and Harris are both great picks, as are the other candidates (afaik), why the drama?

Tom Servo
July 28th, 2020, 08:25 PM
Honestly, I think it's mostly that it's only the people who feel really strongly about one candidate who are bothering to tweet. If you're like me and don't feel super strongly about it, you also don't feel strongly enough to bother tweeting "Eh, I'm good with whoever."

Crazed_Insanity
July 28th, 2020, 09:27 PM
Used Twitter to tweet at a developer today and had a look around... it’s amazing how much sniping there is between different sects of Democrats, instead of simply unifying behind whomever Biden picks. Warren and Harris are both great picks, as are the other candidates (afaik), why the drama?

I think Susan Rice is probably Biden’s preferred choice because she is someone he has worked well with and trusts. However, I don’t think she has any elective office/campaign experiences...

Whereas Warren and Harris, both probably thought they would’ve been a much better nominee than that old man... ;)

neanderthal
July 29th, 2020, 07:37 AM

There was tweet capturing screenshots of Warren supporters saying they wanted to 25th Amendment Biden if she got picked for veep. A real WTF moment for me.

Honestly, I think it's mostly that it's only the people who feel really strongly about one candidate who are bothering to tweet. If you're like me and don't feel super strongly about it, you also don't feel strongly enough to bother tweeting "Eh, I'm good with whoever."

I'm strongly for Harris, ambivalent about the others, but don't want Warren, because then the Republican governor of Massachusetts (fuck the spelling) would select a Republican to replace her in the senate. In order for a Biden presidency to work we need to undo the Trump era which we can only do by controlling the trifecta of government.

The judicial system is lost for decades because people didn't care enough about it last time.

-------------

And the irony of he who shall not be named calling Biden "old man" when his preferred candidate is just as dated.

Crazed_Insanity
July 29th, 2020, 07:55 AM
Both Bernie and Biden are literally old men. We don't have to deny this fact.

I do agree Warren probably shouldn't be pulled from her senate seat for the same reason.

However, I hope you won't also end up hating Warren because of Warren bros? I liked her less due to her own actions, but I won't like here less because of her supporters. Just as we can dislike Trump all because of Trump... no need to involve his supporters! :p

Jason
July 29th, 2020, 03:01 PM
Mo, re Warren's seat:

"Yet there is a possible workaround in Massachusetts that could shorten the window for a Republican appointment and a special election if Warren becomes president.

Under state law, an outgoing senator could file a letter of resignation, triggering the 145- to 160-day period to hold a special election — but not make the resignation effective until a later date.

So Warren could file that letter the day after Election Day — or even earlier during the general-election campaign — to expedite the date of the special election and minimize the time of any Republican replacement.

This scenario was floated when Warren was a vice presidential possibility for Hillary Clinton in 2016."

Not ideal, but workable, should Biden's team think she's the best for the job.

FaultyMario
July 29th, 2020, 03:06 PM
[We] recognize Joe Biden's flaws but know that our nation will not survive four more years of Donald Trump. (https://www.settleforbiden.org/)

Jason
July 29th, 2020, 03:16 PM
:lol: so dumb

Especially considering both Sanders and Warren are working directly with Biden to shape policy, and Warren is actively campaigning with Biden

neanderthal
July 29th, 2020, 04:14 PM
Some of the stans are really making a bad name for their preferred candidates out there.

I mean, nobody that I know had Biden as their favorite candidate, but to present him as a cup of tepid piss to a thirsty nation, like they are, ... yikes.

Crazed_Insanity
July 29th, 2020, 06:36 PM
I mean, nobody that I know had Biden as their favorite candidate, but to present him as a cup of tepid piss to a thirsty nation, like they are, ... yikes.

This can actually be a serious problem! At least Hillary was some people’s favorite..., but lucky for Biden that Trumps rating is sinking... so it’s likely Biden will appear angelic against trump...

However, if trump somehow managed to stir up the emotions of the right, Biden could easily lose another election for the dems.

Voters are usually not rational, but emotionally driven. Even if Biden’s not a cup of piss, but a cup of water, compared to trump as a shot of vodka, a thirsty alcoholic just might choose trump again...

MR2 Fan
July 30th, 2020, 09:40 AM
Trump has literally come out and said it today, he wants to delay the election

@realDonaldTrump

With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???

This is unprecedented and REEKS of authoritarianism that we already knew he was after. This is going to be a very messy few months.

Oh and Herman Cain RIP...died from attending a Trump Rally.

Jason
July 30th, 2020, 10:26 AM
Some of the stans are really making a bad name for their preferred candidates out there.

At the very least he has been polling better in favorability than Clinton, and there's less "anti enthusiasm" for him than there was Clinton. So I think we're giving too much attention to outliers and/or bad actors.

George
July 30th, 2020, 10:31 AM
Trump has literally come out and said it today, he wants to delay the election

Here's an article from the BBC about it: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53597975

The Republican legislators who didn't impeach him when they had the chance make me (almost) angrier than the bullsh!t Trump spouts.

Rikadyn
July 30th, 2020, 11:06 AM
At the very least he has been polling better in favorability than Clinton, and there's less "anti enthusiasm" for him than there was Clinton. So I think we're giving too much attention to outliers and/or bad actors.

I mean I see Biden as a warm cup of piss and I have less issues voting for him than I did with Clinton (which I did, then finished my paper on the rise of the far right).

Tom Servo
July 30th, 2020, 04:45 PM
Co-founder of the Federalist Society suddenly realizes that the big orange fascist is a fascist.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/30/opinion/trump-delay-election-coronavirus.html?smid=tw-share

neanderthal
July 30th, 2020, 06:50 PM
Herman Cain. :lol:

Fuck every single coronavirus denier. Fuck em with a rusty running chainsaw!

If me laughing means i'm going to hell, off to hell I go. I'll still be laughing.

neanderthal
July 30th, 2020, 06:52 PM
Trump's lil "delay the election" outburst was a distraction from the atrocious economic numbers that came out today.

Twas the only thing he could hang his hat on, and it was Obama's economic recovery and success, not Trumps, and now it's gone.

G'day Mate
July 30th, 2020, 07:14 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/DXO6WvT0DSCgB1Y7bGro2d99N4LGjd9_1PBR_N1FWivqjmLKg3 IPNP-OOqoZbKcmDQDsilE9IedNsrBqIMx6nJ1n_-1UmXekbbLQeibrOfFFhLcWgnG-2pSuaqCbn4wjXBMtbOogOK0yWE-ags-zMQruvZldvVUVxdg

Rare White Ape
July 31st, 2020, 02:58 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/DXO6WvT0DSCgB1Y7bGro2d99N4LGjd9_1PBR_N1FWivqjmLKg3 IPNP-OOqoZbKcmDQDsilE9IedNsrBqIMx6nJ1n_-1UmXekbbLQeibrOfFFhLcWgnG-2pSuaqCbn4wjXBMtbOogOK0yWE-ags-zMQruvZldvVUVxdg

I miss the days when they used to put a little red 'X' in where the image failed to load :p

Rare White Ape
July 31st, 2020, 03:00 AM

Ok I may not be an American, nor do I live there and I certainly can't vote there...

So whatever happened to settling for Biden because 'at least he's not Trump'?

With a slogan like that, he would be raking in the votes in November.

FaultyMario
July 31st, 2020, 05:39 AM
Did you not check the band of the website I linked to above?

Crazed_Insanity
July 31st, 2020, 07:50 AM
I remembered back in 2016 when the grab'em by the pussy news broke out, I thought that Trump would for sure be finished...

So I don't think we should count on Trump doing poorly. Biden needs to continue his campaign the same way as before... to have voters to actually want to vote for him, not just settle for him. Whatever magic spell they cast on the black establishment, they need to cast a similar spell onto swing state voters.

Rare White Ape
July 31st, 2020, 01:30 PM
Did you not check the band of the website I linked to above?

I just think that At Least He’s Not Trump would be a stronger message :D

MR2 Fan
July 31st, 2020, 07:25 PM
Someone should ask Trump what day should be election day and maybe we can convince his supporters that the day officially changed, since they only ever listen to him

George
August 1st, 2020, 06:40 AM
I miss the days when they used to put a little red 'X' in where the image failed to load :p

Is that what's going on? I've seen a few completely blank posts like that one lately. I've even clicked to highlight any white text in case there's a hidden message.

Why, oh why, must things that are simple and work well always be changed? Someone is probably even calling it an improvement in an attempt to justify their position, compensation, and/or demonstrate their abilities. :smh:

Tom Servo
August 1st, 2020, 09:16 AM
Huh, so that's what's up. It's trying to link to an image on googleusercontent.com that's returning a 403 Forbidden. I'm guessing it's in a Google Photos album and he did the "Get Link" thing to get a supposedly public link. Those have often just stopped working for me, so I just download them and re-upload to imgur or something like that.

Tom Servo
August 1st, 2020, 09:19 AM
Alexander Vindman: Coming forward ended my career. I still believe doing what’s right matters. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/08/01/alexander-vindman-retiring-oped/)

Rare White Ape
August 1st, 2020, 01:52 PM
STONKS

https://youtu.be/dpIkl2QnJeI

MR2 Fan
August 1st, 2020, 06:49 PM
:eek:

This is from TODAY

@itsJeffTiedrich

so, an obese 74-year-old who never exercises and lives on a diet of amphetamines and junk food makes ANOTHER unscheduled visit to Walter Reed Hospital on a Saturday afternoon because [checks notes] everything is fine and could you please stop asking questions? ok, that checks out

EDIT: Update, it's unconfirmed at the moment, but there's a lot of speculation that he did go to Walter Reed...there's also a photo from today where he's holding a bunch of newspapers and there's a big bruise on his hand (from an IV?)

Leon
August 1st, 2020, 10:33 PM
The facts are basically irrelevant in Trumps USA though.

Regardless of how much evidence of a glorious multi coloured chunky cluster fuck is happening, he will deny everything, and because reality is eluding them, his fanboys will lap it up.

The only hope is, he gets landslide electioned the fuck out in a few months, and that his name goes into the toilet of history, and that every single individual who aided and abetted the situation, has their name go down in history as the cowards that they are.

Rare White Ape
August 2nd, 2020, 05:28 AM
The ejection needs to be conducted in much the same fashion as the Nuremberg Trials.

neanderthal
August 2nd, 2020, 07:01 PM
The facts are basically irrelevant in Trumps USA though.

Regardless of how much evidence of a glorious multi coloured chunky cluster fuck is happening, he will deny everything, and because reality is eluding them, his fanboys will lap it up.

The only hope is, he gets landslide electioned the fuck out in a few months, and that his name goes into the toilet of history, and that every single individual who aided and abetted the situation, has their name go down in history as the cowards that they are.

From your lips to God's ears

neanderthal
August 2nd, 2020, 07:02 PM
The ejection needs to be conducted in much the same fashion as the Nuremberg Trials.

But with more haste.

FaultyMario
August 2nd, 2020, 07:07 PM
If you're interested on learning about our politics, buddy of mine is on the Jacobin Podcast tomorrow (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSpAgcfr4w4) at 5pm central. (11 pm Greenwich.)

G'day Mate
August 2nd, 2020, 08:41 PM
Trump's used Australia as an example of how other countries are struggling against "big Chinavirus breakouts" too.

Fuck off. Florida is about the same size in terms of population, and they have ten times the number of new cases daily, and over 30 times the total number of deaths.

We saw an increase, so our leaders say people have to wear masks and can't go out after 8pm. What have you done?

Crazed_Insanity
August 2nd, 2020, 09:38 PM
Sorry mate, don’t take our president too seriously! :p

G'day Mate
August 2nd, 2020, 09:43 PM
Oh for the most part I just sit back and watch with a wry smile. Part of me would love for him to win the popular vote but lose the electoral college ... could you imagine the shit-show that would follow?

Crazed_Insanity
August 2nd, 2020, 10:54 PM
Enough is enough! This shit show must not go on...

neanderthal
August 2nd, 2020, 11:36 PM
This tweet chain and all the truths in it.

https://twitter.com/Geechee4Kamala/status/1290059905680977920?s=19

Crazed_Insanity
August 3rd, 2020, 08:23 AM
Yes, the corona of the sun only can become visible during a total solar eclipse... we are definitely seeing the corona now... so during this total solar eclipse, the sun belt states ought to be eclipsed too during this election? we'll have to wait and see...

Crazed_Insanity
August 3rd, 2020, 10:03 AM
My daughter happens to be practicing Star Spangled Banner on piano for the past few weeks... so I have been listening to the song repeatedly for a while now as she practices...

I've always loved this song, but listening to it now is giving me conflicting feelings...

Last nite laying in bed, I took the liberty to rewrite the lyrics... this is to you AMERICA!

:sing: sing to the tune of US national anthem :sing:
Oh yes you can sneeze,
that is why we need masks!
why so proudly we failed
at ceasing covid19's spreading.
Who're the medical, essential workers
thru this perilous fight...
All the fireworks we watched,
were so illegally streaming.
As the confirmed cases flair,
patients gasping for air.
Gave proof thru the months,
that the virus' still here.
O say do those dead black lives
matter or nay?
Make this land truly free
and a home that feels safe.......

May God bless America... and may Americans wake up and do the right things.

Crazed_Insanity
August 3rd, 2020, 12:48 PM
https://youtu.be/R5Lo9q9UMRE

This is particularly for Neanderthal...

I think Biden will most likely pick Harris as VP.

It will be my least favorite, but the most likely outcome. Both the donors and the black establishment love her.

Only silver lining would be CA will get a new senator I guess.

neanderthal
August 3rd, 2020, 04:29 PM
Why would you think I would listen to a person who is most famous for a monologue instructing telling Hillary Clinton not to run for President? Literally the most qualified person to run for President, and this stupid bitch, among many others, fell for the Republican smear machine bullshit, and repeated their lies and smears. Regular appearances on Fox to boot?

No. Miss me with that bullshit. That's not an argument I bother listening to.

Jason
August 3rd, 2020, 06:16 PM
Again, the top candidates for VP are all pretty damned good, so I don’t know why people are up in arms about the choices... just chill out and throw support behind them after they are chosen.

Anyways, this is kind of fascinating: https://reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/i375kf/if_you_voted_for_donald_trump_in_2016_but_wont_in/

G'day Mate
August 3rd, 2020, 07:06 PM
Anyways, this is kind of fascinating: https://reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/i375kf/if_you_voted_for_donald_trump_in_2016_but_wont_in/

Yeah that's interesting

It would also be interesting to see responses in a counter-thread of people explaining why they didn't vote for him but now would. There must be at least a few such people, right?

FaultyMario
August 3rd, 2020, 09:25 PM

I guess this:

From education to foreign policy he has done absolutely nothing but cripple the systems that people rely on in this country.

Explains my sentiments on Hillary. I guess Trump has crippled American FP, which is good for us brown people, because, well, [hush voice]you guys are the evil empire[/hush voice].

Crazed_Insanity
August 3rd, 2020, 09:36 PM
Hopefully the ideal of all men are created equal can be applied to the entire human race across all national borders...

Tom Servo
August 3rd, 2020, 09:39 PM
Trump's mailing list actually sent out an email telling people they should wear masks. This would have been more useful months ago, but it's a start.

Crazed_Insanity
August 3rd, 2020, 09:42 PM
Why would you think I would listen to a person who is most famous for a monologue instructing telling Hillary Clinton not to run for President? Literally the most qualified person to run for President, and this stupid bitch, among many others, fell for the Republican smear machine bullshit, and repeated their lies and smears. Regular appearances on Fox to boot?

No. Miss me with that bullshit. That's not an argument I bother listening to.

Anyway, I know you won't listen, but I do hope that someday you'll realize the difference between the black establishment and the powers of the real establishment... and how politicians like Biden and Harris are powerless to resist them.

For sure Biden and Harris will be infinitely more qualified and better than Trump, no argument there.

However, in order to make BLM, we will be needing better politicians in the future. For now, we can only hope for Biden and Harris returning us back to status quo. I'm sure most of us will be glad to be returning to status quo for now...

neanderthal
August 3rd, 2020, 10:03 PM
Again, the top candidates for VP are all pretty damned good, so I don’t know why people are up in arms about the choices... just chill out and throw support behind them after they are chosen.

Crazy Sad that it took a pandemic to open their eyes to the bigotry and racism espoused by the Trump administration.

All I, and a lot of black/ brown people see is "so, before COVID you were ... ok with the kids in cages, the mess in Puerto Rico, Betsy deVos fucking up the educational system, etc etc etc, but since this shit affects you and yours, NOW you care?"

Yw-slayer
August 4th, 2020, 02:30 AM
Part of the response to the statement "What a tremendous burden it must be for you to still be defending Donald Trump."

Just in case you guys weren't aware.3577

Rikadyn
August 4th, 2020, 03:04 AM
Hopefully the ideal of all men are created equal can be applied to the entire human race across all national borders...

It never even applied to everyone in the country let alone the world

Rare White Ape
August 4th, 2020, 03:50 AM
That line even goes so far as to contradict itself by not including women or intersex people.

And yes, I know it was written in 1776 and back then inclusivity wasn't really the same then as it is now but times have changed and using that archaic phrase to support your point kinda doesn't wash any more.

Jason
August 4th, 2020, 04:05 AM
Crazy Sad that it took a pandemic to open their eyes to the bigotry and racism espoused by the Trump administration.

All I, and a lot of black/ brown people see is "so, before COVID you were ... ok with the kids in cages, the mess in Puerto Rico, Betsy deVos fucking up the educational system, etc etc etc, but since this shit affects you and yours, NOW you care?"

To this day, I still don't understand how there wasn't more outrage about our internment camps for brown kids.

Rikadyn
August 4th, 2020, 04:56 AM
To this day, I still don't understand how there wasn't more outrage about our internment camps for brown kids.

To me it's what made the impeachment a joke. Brown kids in cages and possibly being beaten and trafficked nothing. Trump fucks with the son of a prominent politician Impeach...

Yea

Crazed_Insanity
August 4th, 2020, 06:06 AM
Rich and the powerful always matter more!

It never even applied to everyone in the country let alone the world
Yeah, but at least we are moving toward that ideal over the years..., just not quite there yet... :p

Crazed_Insanity
August 4th, 2020, 06:16 AM
Part of the response to the statement "What a tremendous burden it must be for you to still be defending Donald Trump."

Just in case you guys weren't aware.3577
That is actually so true..., the fucking essence of politics...

The main reason to support Trump is because They’re against liberals and for the KKK!

At least hopefully those folks do not make up 100% of the Republican Party...

Jason
August 4th, 2020, 07:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaaTZkqsaxY

Another good interview with Trump after last month's interview with Chris Wallace

Jason
August 4th, 2020, 07:50 AM
To me it's what made the impeachment a joke. Brown kids in cages and possibly being beaten and trafficked nothing. Trump fucks with the son of a prominent politician Impeach...

Yea

Unfortunately people that are here "illegally" (or accused of being here "illegally") have practically no rights, so I'm not sure the House could actually impeach on that :/

Rikadyn
August 4th, 2020, 07:52 AM
Unfortunately people that are here "illegally" (or accused of being here "illegally") have practically no rights, so I'm not sure the House could actually impeach on that :/

Really it's not even the latest thing that should bringing us up on human rights violations

Crazed_Insanity
August 4th, 2020, 08:20 AM
There's literally a list from A to Z of things that Trump should've been impeached for...

https://theintercept.com/2019/12/19/a-z-trump-impeachment/

I guess the best we could do was impeach him on quid pro quo charges... and it's actually a charge president of Ukraine denied!

Wow, Trump is really really good at this...

neanderthal
August 4th, 2020, 08:36 AM
What y'all are saying is why I hate the GOP with the burning fury of a thousand suns. Not one of them did anything, at any time, to stop this. And they could have, right from the get go.

Fuck em. Fuck em all.

Tom Servo
August 4th, 2020, 11:25 AM
I was just reading an article in Wired about the banning of the /r/The_Donald subreddit, and one thing stood out to me. One of the Reddit employees said that the mods of the subreddit had a similar talent to Trump himself - to do all sorts of horrible things that *technically* didn't violate the rules. Find the little loopholes that give you this plausible "I'm allowed to do this because you never specifically said I couldn't put brown kids in cages" out.

Rikadyn
August 4th, 2020, 01:05 PM
Also helped that the admins of reddit are sympathetic to their cause. They only banned it after it had been abandoned.

Crazed_Insanity
August 4th, 2020, 01:07 PM
Personally, I think it'd be more worthwhile for congress to spend the time try to gain popular support and then pass the laws to close these "loopholes" that allows the president to do these horrible things... if American people really don't care about brown kids in cages... what about at least disclosing future presidents' tax returns? What about truly ceasing conflict of interests... if you have business dealings with foreign governments or own substantial stocks... either you commit to sell them all off or just stay a businessman and leave politics alone?

Of course the problem is that liberal politicians enjoy these gray areas too.... and they really have little incentives to step on their own toes... however as long as we continue to have these gray areas... future Trumps will again barge into politics and screw the nation up real good by pushing it to be as gray as possible without actually breaking any 'laws'... or at least make sure you have no evidences... or at least make sure you reward the right people and fire the right people...

Look, I don't hate the likes of Biden and Harris... for sure they will be infinitely more qualified and better than Trump... it's just that I cannot count on them to do proper reform needed to make our nation better. It should be very obvious to everyone that our politicians no longer represent the common people, but only the few people who have accumulated more and more of this nation's wealth... they will continue to be hard on the poor dark colored lives trying to make a living and soft on the rich who crashed away people's retirement money or sex trafficking young girls on remote islands...

If even Obama left the office prosecuted zero bankers and without any significant financial reform, I certainly won't expect Biden to be able to accomplish anything meaningful. Defeating Trump would be a decent accomplishment I guess.

Tom Servo
August 4th, 2020, 01:13 PM
Also helped that the admins of reddit are sympathetic to their cause. They only banned it after it had been abandoned.

I definitely don't think it was as simple as that, I think it was a misguided attempt to avoid limiting a subreddit for pretty much any reason until it was clear just how out of hand it had gotten. Reddit wanted to be seen as pretty much a free-speech bastion for a really long time, but going to a site like Voat can tell you why that's not always such a wonderful thing.

Here's the article, for what it's worth: https://www.wired.com/story/the-hate-fueled-rise-of-rthe-donald-and-its-epic-takedown/

G'day Mate
August 4th, 2020, 06:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaaTZkqsaxY

Another good interview with Trump after last month's interview with Chris Wallace

Watched the whole thing. Wowee.

Rare White Ape
August 4th, 2020, 11:40 PM
https://i.imgur.com/fB6fBHR.jpg

Crazed_Insanity
August 5th, 2020, 09:05 AM

I just couldn't finish watching that interview. It was seriously painful to watch.

neanderthal
August 6th, 2020, 10:01 AM
Hillary has always done "the work" in black and brown neighborhoods. This is why she was so popular in comparison to Warren, even though they espoused the same things.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1291424084425924611?s=19

Jason
August 6th, 2020, 10:39 AM
The US is in a better place when there’s more diverse representation in congress, so, good :up:

Crazed_Insanity
August 6th, 2020, 01:17 PM
Just let Hillary and her emails go and move on Nanderthal...

Or are you perhaps trying to encourage Bide to pick Hillary as VP? Not really sure if that will really help Biden in any meaningful way...

Would you prefer Hillary over Kamala?

After Biden's single term, Hillary can then take over and have her dream come true...

I'll vote for Biden, and I'll worry about 2024 when the time comes...

Jason
August 7th, 2020, 04:00 AM
As much as I support Biden, I wish he wouldn't put his foot in his mouth every other day.

Rikadyn
August 7th, 2020, 07:10 AM
I didn't think his comment was all that bad. I understood what he meant instantly.

Crazed_Insanity
August 7th, 2020, 08:14 AM
I can’t believe he spilled the bean about a future all electric Vette! :mad:

Jason
August 7th, 2020, 10:42 AM
I didn't think his comment was all that bad. I understood what he meant instantly.

I understood what he was trying to get at, but it doesn't mean he communicated it in a well thought out and nuanced manner that wouldn't result in a bunch of headlines and articles about how Biden is the racist one this election.

Tom Servo
August 7th, 2020, 10:52 AM
Quick clip talking about voting, from Trump's attempt to delay the election to disenfranchisement of ex-felons to how the census and the electoral college affect the power of people's votes: https://spaces.hightail.com/space/yX39M8xzBO/files/fi-8d0896ee-a1c0-4cf5-a144-47a27d338912/fv-438b9fb7-f643-4f63-a95d-fcb0d3b5dda8/Debra%20Cleaver%20MSNBC.mp4

Aside, I worked with Debra at MySpace and she's fucking awesome, which is half the reason I'm posting it.

FaultyMario
August 7th, 2020, 11:09 AM
Yakko Warner updates his song. (https://twitter.com/i/status/1291600228974354432)

Crazed_Insanity
August 7th, 2020, 12:03 PM
Wow, so many US friendly nations around the world! :lol:

George
August 7th, 2020, 12:19 PM
Speaking of Biden and 'vettes, I caught a good episode of Jay Leno's Garage featuring Biden with his '67 and Colin Powell with a current model a while back. As interesting as the Corvettes was a discussion about how presidents and vice-presidents can't drive on public roads once elected, nor even after their terms are over. Apparently the Secret Service has the final say on who can do what and where.

That old picture of GW Bush driving Putin around in a white Ford pickup was on a ranch, and the driving Biden did on Leno's show was on a closed course like a racetrack or something. If I remember correctly, Powell was teasing Biden on the show because Powell has no such restrictions.

Yeah, I know this isn't serious politics, but this forum gets pretty heavy sometimes. Talking about cars is more fun.

Crazed_Insanity
August 7th, 2020, 12:29 PM
Yeah, I feel so sorry for all the presidents... to end up losing their freedom to drive! For that reason alone, I will never run for president... (Of course being a naturalized citizen, it's not like I'm even qualified anyways... and even if I am qualified, I'd have a hard time winning votes from folks like Neanderthal... :p)

Crazed_Insanity
August 7th, 2020, 12:33 PM
https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2020/8/7/21357400/anti-mask-protest-rallies-donald-trump-covid-19

This article has an interesting explanation for the anti-maskers...

Apparently, whatever their reasons for not wanting masks or vaccines or free healthcare..., the key to not cause them to dig their heels in further is to not assume that they're stupid. The more stupid you make them feel, the deeper they dig their heels in... :p

[edit] Maybe I should've post this in the pandemics thread, but I get the feeling that this is probably applicable to all political debates too.

The359
August 8th, 2020, 05:50 AM
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/07/friday-night-massacre-us-postal-service-postmaster-general-major-trump-donor-ousts

The postal service is continuing to get worse and worse in terms of delays.

If you have an absentee or mail in ballot, do NOT wait until the last minute to send it in. Give it at least a week worth of delivery time just to he sure. I legitimately cannot guarentee it will get processed in time.

Freude am Fahren
August 8th, 2020, 06:49 AM
You can also drop off absentee ballots, at least in some states.

Crazed_Insanity
August 8th, 2020, 07:37 AM
Wow.

neanderthal
August 8th, 2020, 07:42 AM
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/07/friday-night-massacre-us-postal-service-postmaster-general-major-trump-donor-ousts

If you have an absentee or mail in ballot, do NOT wait until the last minute to send it in. Give it at least a week worth of delivery time just to he sure. I legitimately cannot guarentee it will get processed in time.

Noted.
Also important to note that with all the efforts by Republicans to limit voting, encourage everyone you know to sign up for absentee ballots so that there aren't stupid long lines on election day. Or use early voting if available.

In LA my apartment was right across the road from my polling place, an elementary school. I'd walk my ass in, bypass the line, and drop my absentee ballot in the box.

Jason
August 8th, 2020, 08:29 AM

Democrats need to dump a metric shit ton of money into getting this messaging out. Send in your ballots a month in advance if you can. Or drop them off, preferably, if available.

Tom Servo
August 8th, 2020, 01:44 PM

Here in CA now you can drop it off I think up to two weeks in advance. They have fewer polling places but they open up well before election day and you can do in-person voting or drop off absentee ballots any of the days they're open.

Since the plan to have all registered voters get an absentee ballot went into place, we've already gotten one mailer to verify that we are the correct people at this address and another to ask our preferred language for the ballot. Norwegian wasn't an option.

neanderthal
August 8th, 2020, 08:21 PM
I saw somewhere that the Postmaster General has raised the price of mail in ballots to 50c from the 10c they currently are (as bulk mail.) All to raise the cost of going "mail in" for states.

Rikadyn
August 9th, 2020, 02:18 AM
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-gov-noem-trumps-desire-carved-into-mt-rushmore-2020-8

Really confirms the narcissistic personality disorder (as if we needed something else on that mounting pile)

neanderthal
August 9th, 2020, 05:00 AM
In good news, Kia Kahale wins the Democratic primary for Tulsi Gabbard's seat.

Because fuck that bitch.

https://twitter.com/RedTRaccoon/status/1292440968336158720?s=19

FaultyMario
August 9th, 2020, 10:12 AM
And this is why desperate people elect a media figure instead of a politician:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ee_YQwUWoAc-mFi.jpg

Or, in the words of many authors, in conditions like these people will keep voting for trumps, but the next one won't be an idiot.

Tom Servo
August 9th, 2020, 10:19 AM
What's so weird is that Trump is almost the perfect example of that disparity. Talentless hack who made money by stiffing actual workers. He's almost the personification of what people are angry about.

FaultyMario
August 9th, 2020, 10:27 AM
Not to those whose only experience of him is thru filtered content, like so-called reality TV.

FaultyMario
August 9th, 2020, 10:35 AM
I do think that we professionals have some guilt in all this. We've distanced ourselves from our blue collar peers, effectively creating a buffer between the wealthy and the poor.

By most measures, we occupy the income space that used to belong to working classes, it was them who were pushed into poverty, so it's not like us college graduates are on average some sort of 40 hr / week schedule, 6 wk / year vacations middle-class anymore.

We've otherized those like us.

MR2 Fan
August 9th, 2020, 10:36 AM
I saw a pickup truck parked here in one of the more redneck areas of Florida....with a huge....BIDEN Flag. I was shocked. I didn't even know they even HAD huge Biden flags for sale

Tom Servo
August 9th, 2020, 11:00 AM
Re absentee voting, this seems like a good idea.

https://twitter.com/waltmossberg/status/1292270011692781576

Course, you'd need some way for people to verify that it's real, it feels like it wouldn't be too hard for the less-scrupulous to make fake ballot drop boxes. I know in LA county I can go online and verify both that my vote was received and that it was counted (two different things, they might reject the ballot for some reason), I'm not sure if that's the situation in other parts of the country.

Crazed_Insanity
August 9th, 2020, 01:56 PM
I do think that we professionals have some guilt in all this. We've distanced ourselves from our blue collar peers, effectively creating a buffer between the wealthy and the poor.

By most measures, we occupy the income space that used to belong to working classes, it was them who were pushed into poverty, so it's not like us college graduates are on average some sort of 40 hr / week schedule, 6 wk / year vacations middle-class anymore.

We've otherized those like us.

I don’t quite understand, aren’t we all part of the pawns of the overall system?

How could the factory workers be blamed for displacing farm workers? How could the current day professionals be blamed for displacing blue collar workers?
Soon the professionals with college degrees will be displaced too... I thought the driving force of that is technology? What could we do to feel less guilty?

Of course factories could be relocated to another cheaper nations..., when enough of your workers feel screwed, that’s when Brexit and trump happens.

Crazed_Insanity
August 9th, 2020, 01:59 PM
In good news, Kia Kahale wins the Democratic primary for Tulsi Gabbard's seat.

Because fuck that bitch.

https://twitter.com/RedTRaccoon/status/1292440968336158720?s=19

You are making it sound as if she were defeated. Didn’t she decide to not run for re-election? Isn’t she Hawaii’s most popular politician after Obama?

Anyway, perhaps there are a lot of Hawaiians like you, have since thought Tulsi is too toxic now and Tulsi has realized she couldn’t even win re-election in Hawaii? Anyway, if that’s the case, maybe she’s really just a Russian asset... if your homes state hates you, what chance will you have at winning WH?

Whatever, she was never a serious contender. She was not a very value asset for Russians I guess.

Look, I don’t absolutely need to elect people like Bernie, Yang, Tulsi, or AOC, but as long as DNC continue to brush off their voices as crazy or Russian assets or whatever, I will probably never vote democrats very enthusiastically. I do believe those candidates are giving constructive criticisms and DNC would become a better party by listening.

Rare White Ape
August 9th, 2020, 07:34 PM
And this is why desperate people elect a media figure instead of a politician:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ee_YQwUWoAc-mFi.jpg

Or, in the words of many authors, in conditions like these people will keep voting for trumps, but the next one won't be an idiot.

They might be voting for Trump but they may as well be voting for any of the other status-quo fucks in Washington. Trump is just the most loud-mouthed.

Who they really need to vote for is a proper progressive party, like the Greens or something. I’m not 100% familiar with the USA Greens but they’re my go-to on Election Day here. People write them off as single-issue environmentalists but they actually have sound economic ideas too.

Simple shit, like banning large political donations, clamping down on corporate tax dodgers, raising the minimum wage, raising welfare rates, transitioning away from fossil fuels, spending more on universal healthcare, etc etc etc.

All of these are things that big businesses hate to do.

Rare White Ape
August 10th, 2020, 12:11 AM
This guy is pretty good. Read his posts. Be enlightened.

https://www.facebook.com/Stonekettle

neanderthal
August 10th, 2020, 08:55 AM
This guy is pretty good. Read his posts. Be enlightened.

https://www.facebook.com/Stonekettle

He's a great follow on twitter too.

Rare White Ape
August 10th, 2020, 02:19 PM
I keep my Twitter limited to sim racers and video game related stuff.

If I added political twitterers that would spell doom for my Twitter feed :|

Crazed_Insanity
August 11th, 2020, 12:33 PM
Kinda disappointed to not see Andrew Yang on the list of speakers for the Democratic convention. However, not surprised either.

At least Bernie and AOC made the list. That counts for something I guess.

However, also kinda surprised stacy abrams didn’t make it. Neither did Susan Rice nor Tammy duckworth, but I suppose one black lady is enough. Not only is Kamala black she is also Asian! Such an efficient pick! One for the price of many!

If we really want to stop white nationalists and to make black lives matter more, DNC really need to embrace their rising stars more... IMHO anyways... I don’t really need to hear what Pelosi or Schumer or the Clinton’s have to say...

Jason
August 11th, 2020, 12:50 PM
Biden has officially chosen Kamala Harris as his running mate :up:

neanderthal
August 11th, 2020, 01:44 PM
Biden has officially chosen Kamala Harris as his running mate :up: the next President. And i'm fine with that. Could also be best candidate.

But, watch us get fucked over coz people, white people specifically, got short memories

I'm not blaming you all on here, but the rest of the population. We went from probably the most successful president in our lifetime, in our history (i'm willing to debate that) to the absolute worst, because of white resentment.

neanderthal
August 11th, 2020, 01:48 PM
Kinda disappointed to not see Andrew Yang on the list of speakers for the Democratic convention. However, not surprised either.

At least Bernie and AOC made the list. That counts for something I guess.

However, also kinda surprised stacy abrams didn’t make it. Neither did Susan Rice nor Tammy duckworth, but I suppose one black lady is enough. Not only is Kamala black she is also Asian! Such an efficient pick! One for the price of many!

If we really want to stop white nationalists and to make black lives matter more, DNC really need to embrace their rising stars more... IMHO anyways... I don’t really need to hear what Pelosi or Schumer or the Clinton’s have to say...

You mean lifelong democrats, who've actually passed legislation, rather than just name post offices and expand a state park? You mean people who've actually done things rather than fart in the wind.

We see you. You want the all talk no action politicians. That's your pattern. And people like you the first to criticise those lifelong Democrats who've actually done things, while giving undeserved acclaim to big talkers who've done zip. We see you.

neanderthal
August 11th, 2020, 01:57 PM
I'm relieved. But watch the Russian bot factories start ramping up their "Kamala is a cop" bullshit. So what? look at her record as "a cop." The number of programs she started and initiatives she launched.

There's live footage of her on camera demanding that a court clerk issue marriage licenses to gay couples. As the state AG. She started that. It was a murky area of the law and she clarified it with one sentence.
Cameras on cops. She started that. I could go on and on.

I'm pumped that it's her. I'll gladly send my money to Biden's campaign, but, more importantly, also to the challengers of Republican senators.

If you follow Charles Gaba on twitter (good follow. Healthcare expert. He's the one who broke down for me how M4A is ok/ good but there are better universal insurance types out there) he's got a link to the Democratic challengers of Republican senators and dropping money on that ink donates some money to all of them or just the ones you choose. He's also got links donating to candidates at state level races. We need to win state legislatures too.

sandydandy
August 11th, 2020, 02:09 PM
Trump mispronouncing her name on purpose as Ka-ma-la, (as in the wrestler who just passed away the other day :()

Crazed_Insanity
August 11th, 2020, 02:56 PM
[/spoiler]

You mean lifelong democrats, who've actually passed legislation, rather than just name post offices and expand a state park? You mean people who've actually done things rather than fart in the wind.

We see you. You want the all talk no action politicians. That's your pattern. And people like you the first to criticise those lifelong Democrats who've actually done things, while giving undeserved acclaim to big talkers who've done zip. We see you.

Please. Bill Clinton at least had a glorious past. I don't mind Obama either..., but those are the past. Also, have Pelosi and Schumer really been that great so far? At the moment, it'd be nice for the DNC to offer us another glimpse of our hopeful future. I guess Kamala is it. In all honestly, I'm not really all that excited about our senator. I suppose she could surprise me as a president? Likewise with Biden? Since it will be his one and only term, perhaps he'll finally be able to do what is right and not be influenced by donors?

As for Bernie and the likes being actionless? Just like Andrew Yang is speechless? I just don't think the democratic establishment wants to tap into these grassroots movements because the DNC doesn't really serve the grassroots, but the established trees on top.

When we have president Kamala and BLM is still a movement, we can just continue to blame republicans?

When all the brown people around the world being exploited by our own government, we can also once again conveniently blame the republicans...

I can understand perhaps you have something personally against Bernie, but you really shouldn’t be against the progressive movement.

The ‘non-black establishment’ in America is seriously a threat to all humanity. Democrats are definitely better than republicans, but all I'm trying to say is that democrats can be better. There are room for improvement. Progressive is not a bad thing... anyway, until the day we can break free the bond between the rich and our politicians, perhaps all of our talks are just pointless. Regardless of the political leaning of the politicians in charge, our governement shall continue to be a government of the corporations rather than people. Hey, corporations are people too I guess. The poor nationalistic white people and the poor black people will continue to try to fight each other while the rich unite together to get richer.

neanderthal
August 11th, 2020, 03:23 PM
All wind and fury signifying nothing.

You fail to understand my basic hate of Bernie; he has done nothing in the congress and senate for nearly forty years!!! And all he does, like you, is criticize Democrats. How he is admirable is a joke.
Then you say the democrats haven't done anything for the working class. Go look at any legislation that is remotely progressive, and it was passed by "establishment' Democrats, who you revile everyday.

Crazed_Insanity
August 11th, 2020, 03:37 PM
I'm offering constructive criticism. Of course DNC and people like you don't want to listen and will continue on their merry ways... however, are things really that merry in America? Even before the pandemic?

Like I said, for sure I agree democrats passed more legislations that are good for the people... however, if we consider this entire political chess game against the republicans, democrats are not winning! Not in the supreme court, not the white house and not the congress!

I'm not cheering for the republicans with their accomplishments. I'm just mad that democrats couldn't do better. There are also emerging stars on the horizon to help the democrats, but nope. We can't have politicians that put people first... we need to have politicians that will fall in line to the donors needs first... because hey, let's be pragmatic about it. We need money... and donors have money! What do these grassroot people have anyways?

neanderthal
August 12th, 2020, 06:34 AM
You've got a choice of a shit sandwich, (bread, shit, bread= the republicans,) or a turkey sandwich (bread, turkey, lettuce, tomatoe, onion, mayo, bread= Democrats) and you're busy complaining that the turkey sandwich isn't on a croissant, it doesn't have pesto, there's no truffles, it isn't cracked pepper turkey, etc.

Look at your fucking alternative!!!!

This is no longer the primary. What you want is no longer on the ballot. This is the time to pick what's closest to what you want. And you're busy criticising. This is not shit sandwich comparison, one is a shit sandwich the other is much better, no matter how much you try to frame it like it isn't. You got a nerve calling out the democratic party when you don't even believe black lives matter.

Back to ignore

Jason
August 12th, 2020, 07:00 AM
You've got a choice of a shit sandwich, (bread, shit, bread= the republicans,) or a turkey sandwich (bread, turkey, lettuce, tomatoe, onion, mayo, bread= Democrats) and you're busy complaining that the turkey sandwich isn't on a croissant, it doesn't have pesto, there's no truffles, it isn't cracked pepper turkey, etc.

I really wish the left would do better in accepting nuance. Purity Politics works against us in so many ways. I see so many “progressives” (whether they are real or not, who knows) complaining that Biden/Kamala are Republicans in sheep’s clothing, and that’s so completely disingenuous. So many people don’t see that there’s a full ass spectrum of political beliefs and policies. It’s not all 0 or 100, there’s a lot of 50s, 75s, 25s etc. So yeah, you may believe in 100, and the two choices are a 25 and a 75, but that 25 and 75 are not at all the same.

neanderthal
August 12th, 2020, 07:06 AM
I really wish the left would do better in accepting nuance. Purity Politics works against us in so many ways. I see so many “progressives” (whether they are real or not, who knows) complaining that Biden/Kamala are Republicans in sheep’s clothing, and that’s so completely disingenuous. So many people don’t see that there’s a full ass spectrum of political beliefs and policies. It’s not all 0 or 100, there’s a lot of 50s, 75s, 25s etc. So yeah, you may believe in 100, and the two choices are a 25 and a 75, but that 25 and 75 are not at all the same.

Right?!?!?

I saw this on Twitter somewhere.
"Fake progressives lack the intelligence and integrity to understand or accept their guilt for the damage caused by their actions that helped elect Donald Trump.
Instead they tout their laziness and incompetence as an entitlement to immunity from that responsibility."

Crazed_Insanity
August 12th, 2020, 07:39 AM
Who are fake progressives? Republicans in disguise? Secretly in love with Trump? Or just russian assets? :lol:

You guys are not understanding me. I'm not rejecting the turkey and preparing to eat shit. However, I am complaining about the fact that we could be eating something better. Democrats could do better, a LOT better.

I'm also not insisting on purity politics, but just not very happy about democratic party's insistence on muddling the political waters.

Fuck the alternative. Don't just aim to be bit better than shit! That's not what Bill Clinton nor Obama did to get elected.

Anyway, I think Hillary also hated Sanders as much as Neanderthal... at least Sanders thought Biden is a friend... hopefully they will work together more.

Like I said earlier, I'm also surprised democratic convention decided to not let Andrew Yang speak... # of non-white women speakers were also few on the list... as if 1 Kamala is diverse enough to cover all women, non-white... she even got asians covered! :p

I seriously do feel that democratic establishment is basically republican party in sheep's clothing... just as previous convention sponsor Wells Fargo Bank... huge supporters of gay rights on the outside, but on the inside, they scammed their own customers and mistreated their own lower level employees in pursue of profits. Wells Fargo is certainly a better financial institution than Lehman Brothers, but I hope you guys can understand why I can still be mad at Wells Fargo.

Tom Servo
August 12th, 2020, 08:30 AM
It's admittedly not only the left that has this problem, there is the term "RINO" after all.

Crazed_Insanity
August 12th, 2020, 09:20 AM
There's a huge political spectrum. RINOs and DINOs all need to be represented as well, not just DONORs.

If you want people like me to not complain, then do the right thing and get it done! Stop blaming it on Bernie Sander's laziness and incompetence and Republicans' obstructions. I'm not trying to destroy the democratic party, just want it to be better. How can we make something better without ever looking at it with a critical eye?

There's no question Biden/Harris will be infinitely better than shit. However, do you really believe the duo will be tough on stuff like police corruption? I do hope for the best, but I also expect the status quo. When another BLM movement breaks out, we'll just conveniently blame the republicans again.

When foreign brown people get mistreated by our government again... we'll just toss our hands up in the air... oh well, our constitution doesn't protect them illegal terrorists anyway... see no evil hear no evil.

neanderthal
August 12th, 2020, 09:40 AM
It's admittedly not only the left that has this problem, there is the term "RINO" after all.

This is true, but I don't give a fuck about republicans. They are the ones who stood by and enabled this shit to go down.

And, I bet the hard right are the ones who espouse the RINO nonsense, just like the hard left are the ones who call liberals "Republican light." Makes the case even clearer for ignoring the hard right/ left fringe.

Tom Servo
August 12th, 2020, 10:12 AM
Oh yeah, I was specifically pointing out that what Jason posted isn't really limited to one side of the political spectrum, it's a pretty global thing.

FaultyMario
August 12th, 2020, 06:34 PM
the left that has this problem

Wouldn't that be because the only parties with a realistic chance in 99% of federal elections in the United States are a Neoliberal Party (not left) and a Neonationalist Party (not left)?

neanderthal
August 12th, 2020, 06:39 PM
Oh yeah, I was specifically pointing out that what Jason posted isn't really limited to one side of the political spectrum, it's a pretty global thing.

Agree.

I find it laughable how the rabid left calls Biden/ Harris "republican lie" and the hard right calls them "socialists trying to remake America." Goes to show the labels don't really mean anything.

Tom Servo
August 12th, 2020, 06:42 PM
Oh yeah, as far as I can tell Harris is an antifa-communist republican-cop who wants to hand over cities to antifa terrorists and then arrest them without due process but then immediately release them from prison before supporting the police state.

FaultyMario
August 12th, 2020, 07:06 PM
If only there were other sports on TV people would be bitching about hypothetical goals and saves.

Crazed_Insanity
August 12th, 2020, 09:01 PM
If only there were other sports on TV people would be bitching about hypothetical goals and saves.

Yes! FIA is fucking pathetic with their pointless racing point ruling...

However, it is very refreshing to see former white supremacist nazis running black cars with a black dude running away with the championship... blend black and white together apparently will result in shades of greatness!

Someday, I hope the 2sides of America can bring out the best in each other like that too and make this nation truly great!

Rare White Ape
August 12th, 2020, 10:29 PM
Posting this just for Mo ;)

https://i.redd.it/nbqo1ht8cng51.jpg

Cam
August 13th, 2020, 04:28 AM
I check the free section of Craigslist on a regular basis. Yesterday, there were a couple of strange ads for conspiracy theories. They were not selling anything. One was just a photo accompanied by one word. The other was a link to a conspiracy theory video. Something something taking yer gunz something... I flagged them for being stupid. I put this here because they were government-related.
Someone keeps posting right-wing political BS. I reported several since this post a month ago.

neanderthal
August 13th, 2020, 08:51 AM
Posting this just for Mo ;)

https://i.redd.it/nbqo1ht8cng51.jpg

Nobody got what they ordered this time around. I honestly don't know a single person who had Biden as their front runner.

I wanted Kamala Harris/ Julian Castro.

Crazed_Insanity
August 13th, 2020, 09:36 AM
That's what's so weird about our democracy today. I can understand people cannot always get what they want, but our current system ended up selecting somebody nobody really wanted. We have had past presidents who lagged behind early in the primary process, but later on beating his opponents like Biden did. However, I'm unaware of any primary leaders decide to just drop out and pave the way for the eventual nominee like that... Anyway, Biden did win his votes fair and square. I most certainly don't feel Bernie was unfairly treated this time around. There are just more moderates... or more folks wishing to return to "normal" than join Bernie's revolution...

At least Neanderthal got Kamala as VP and she is inching closer to the presidency. I guess I can't complain much about return to status quo normalcy... However, I'm still going to dream that someday, we'll be a lot more better than shit. :p

Rikadyn
August 13th, 2020, 09:39 AM
However, it is very refreshing to see former white supremacist nazis running black cars with a black dude running away with the championship... blend black and white together apparently will result in shades of greatness!

During one of the Austrian races there was an interview with the head of Mercedes and Mercedes F1. One of them said "we have stood against racism for decades" and all I could think of was "since '45 at least" and that the statement would have been better without including a time frame.

Mario, check your pms

Crazed_Insanity
August 13th, 2020, 09:47 AM
Quite a number of decades did pass... :p

Plus, they hired a black driver and willing to paint their cars black to show solidarity, I don't really know the inner workings of Mercedes too well, but I have to give them credit based on their actions and accomplishments. :up:

Although I don't like Hillary much, but her slogan is definitely something I agree with. For sure Mercedes and Hamilton are 'stronger together'!

speedpimp
August 13th, 2020, 11:18 AM
Trump mispronouncing her name on purpose as Ka-ma-la, (as in the wrestler who just passed away the other day :()

And to make things even weirder Kamala's real name was Jim Harris.

Crazed_Insanity
August 13th, 2020, 12:29 PM
If only her real name be James Harris... shell be able to represent black, Asian, and trans too? :D

Jason
August 13th, 2020, 12:43 PM
Warren/Booker(Castro) here, but plenty happy with a Biden/Harris ticket