PDA

View Full Version : Politics

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101

FaultyMario
January 6th, 2021, 11:37 AM
Dude's sitting at the Speaker of the House's desk.

sandydandy
January 6th, 2021, 11:39 AM
This both funny and sad at the same time.

FaultyMario
January 6th, 2021, 11:41 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErE18TmVoAILrHn.jpg

10 YEARS! (In all caps, obvs!)

Crazed_Insanity
January 6th, 2021, 11:43 AM
Yes, it’s indeed funny and sad...

Our government knew the virus is coming, the Trump supporters are coming, yet, our government’s response is the same.

Woefully unprepared.

In the mean time, stock market is still going up!

So very funny and very sad indeed.

JSGeneral
January 6th, 2021, 11:51 AM
https://twitter.com/Vanessid/status/1346906560769839107

Here's a comparison of the security for the Capitol during a BLM protest.

neanderthal
January 6th, 2021, 12:02 PM
I remember a day not too long ago, when, during the democratic debate, Kamala called on Twitter to shut Trump's account down, because he was inciting violence.

And people were dismissive of her ...

sandydandy
January 6th, 2021, 12:05 PM
Yes, it’s indeed funny and sad...

Our government knew the virus is coming, the Trump supporters are coming, yet, our government’s response is the same.

Woefully unprepared.

In the mean time, stock market is still going up!

So very funny and very sad indeed. I actually meant the picture of the guy at the Speaker’s desk. But yeah your points are true as well.

Blerpa
January 6th, 2021, 12:21 PM
Cops are taking selfies with the terrorists.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1346920198461419520

Crazed_Insanity
January 6th, 2021, 12:23 PM
America is at a cross road. A virus literally came from the left on the map and Trump supporters coming from the right is bringing this nation on its knees.

And our stock market doesn't really give a damn and continued to go up.

Honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Crazed_Insanity
January 6th, 2021, 12:25 PM
Cops are taking selfies with the terrorists.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1346920198461419520

Ah, no wonder Wall Street isn't that scared. This isn't really chaos, just unauthorized partying?

Trump just gave an video announcement telling his supporters to go home. Amazing.

Blerpa
January 6th, 2021, 12:30 PM
Trump just gave an video announcement telling his supporters to go home. Amazing.

But yet underlining that the elections were rigged and they were robbed.

FaultyMario
January 6th, 2021, 12:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml03ae2CWOE

You have to go home now, we have to have peace, we have to have law and order [...] This was a fraudulent election [...] you're very special.

Freude am Fahren
January 6th, 2021, 12:40 PM
Yeah that video was just as disgusting as everything else he's said.

What kinda scary though, is how many just listened and they've been clearing out now.

I hate him so goddamn much.

FaultyMario
January 6th, 2021, 12:45 PM
Judy Woodruff just called Senator Josh Hawley "one of the «ringleaders» of the effort to object to the election result" on the air.

FaultyMario
January 6th, 2021, 12:48 PM
What kinda scary though, is how many just listened and they've been clearing out now.

He should be indicted. These kinds of apologies of crimes against institutions cannot be allowed to go unpunished, IMHO.

Or impeached.

Tom Servo
January 6th, 2021, 12:48 PM
Is it fair to call some of these folks deplorable now?

drew
January 6th, 2021, 12:50 PM
When was it unfair?

sandydandy
January 6th, 2021, 12:52 PM
You can always count on Trump to pour more fuel on the fire.

Crazed_Insanity
January 6th, 2021, 12:52 PM
He should be indicted. These kinds of apologies of crimes against institutions cannot be allowed to go unpunished, IMHO.

Or impeached.

Impeachment will take too long.

Hopefully once he's out of the oval office, somebody can find a legal way to lock him up before 2024.

Crazed_Insanity
January 6th, 2021, 12:54 PM
Is it fair to call some of these folks deplorable now?

Is that politically correct though?

FaultyMario
January 6th, 2021, 12:56 PM
No, impeachment doesn't have to go thru a committee, depending on the crimes that would be levied against him it, the process could take a week.

Also, the National Association of Manufacturers (https://www.nam.org/) have called on Pence to invoke the 25th amendment.

FaultyMario
January 6th, 2021, 12:59 PM
Officials in the White House are confirmed to be coordinating with the protestors occupying the Capitol.

If the magas are involved in criminal acts, wouldn't coordinating with them be a crime?

sandydandy
January 6th, 2021, 01:00 PM
So...who won the other senate race??? :P

FaultyMario
January 6th, 2021, 01:09 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErE7h6qXIAEeYNx.jpg

Joe Rosenthal, interrupted.

FaultyMario
January 6th, 2021, 01:16 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErFE3MYXcAILjj0.jpg

Patriotic.

FaultyMario
January 6th, 2021, 01:29 PM
Irina Dumitrescu:

No, America, take it from the rest of the world, this really is who you are

FaultyMario
January 6th, 2021, 01:31 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErE9zVqWMAEZwWr.jpg

o0o

Blerpa
January 6th, 2021, 01:32 PM
Many are appealing to have the 25th activated, but probably it won't come down to that.
National Guard is now at the Capitol.

neanderthal
January 6th, 2021, 02:01 PM
This is the shit that happens when you "both sides" everything.

FaultyMario
January 6th, 2021, 02:08 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErFMNzTXAAQun5X.jpg

Isn't it ironic?

Freude am Fahren
January 6th, 2021, 02:18 PM
Translation? I can gather from my limited knowledge of the Romance languages that it's Venezuela condemning the happenings in the US?

FaultyMario
January 6th, 2021, 02:26 PM
The government of Venezuela is worried about the acts of violence... Bla bla bla... Our aspiration lies in the people of the United States can finally open up a path towards stability and justice.

Rare White Ape
January 6th, 2021, 02:35 PM
I will wait for Snopes to tackle that letter before believing it's real.

sandydandy
January 6th, 2021, 02:41 PM
Listening to the PBS Newshour stream, it seems a person was shot in the chest inside the Capitol. She died in hospital. Damn.

Yw-slayer
January 6th, 2021, 02:43 PM
Imma just point out that our legislature was stormed, heavily damaged, and treated as a playground on the date of establishment, by people who Pompeo, Cruz, and Cotton claim to support and whose protests Pelosi said were "a beautiful sight".

sandydandy
January 6th, 2021, 02:48 PM
That little cunt Tomi Lahren talking shit and stoking the flames. I wish she would fist herself with a cricket bat.

Freude am Fahren
January 6th, 2021, 03:37 PM
She's still a thing?

neanderthal
January 6th, 2021, 03:55 PM
Cue the right wing calls to "just move on" instead of consequences, trials for sedition/ treason and accountability.

The "party of law and order."

neanderthal
January 6th, 2021, 04:02 PM
Now you may realise why black people stood up to stop the rise of extremism in the democratic party.

FaultyMario
January 6th, 2021, 04:16 PM
It's fucking disgusting. How are they allowed IN the Capitol?

Cops let them in.

Yw-slayer
January 6th, 2021, 04:45 PM
Imma just point out that our legislature was stormed, heavily damaged, and treated as a playground on the date of establishment, by people who Pompeo, Cruz, and Cotton claim to support and whose protests Pelosi said were "a beautiful sight".

Imma also gonna point out that these dudes are almost invariably described in the cast majority of the English-language media as "Hong Kong pro-democracy protesters".

Rare White Ape
January 6th, 2021, 04:45 PM
Remember: 74 million people voted for this.

But it wasn't 81 million!!!!!! LOL

Rare White Ape
January 6th, 2021, 04:46 PM
Cops let them in.

Video:

https://fb.watch/2S1YlPjoh3/

sandydandy
January 6th, 2021, 05:17 PM
What gets me is the woman who died today. What did she give her life for? Nothing. For a guy that never gave two shits about her or any of the other shills that worship him. It’s sickening to the core.

Crazed_Insanity
January 6th, 2021, 05:47 PM
At least there weren’t more loss of life... could’ve been worse.

Video:

https://fb.watch/2S1YlPjoh3/

I dislike these short videos without context. Just like the one with the boy with the MAGA cap and an Indian guy...

Anyway, if this is true, I hope they at least dock the pay of those officers for all the damages caused by the rioters.

Leon
January 6th, 2021, 05:54 PM
This just gets progressively just more embarrassing by the day.

Rare White Ape
January 6th, 2021, 05:59 PM
You know it's a good day when this thread grows by 8 pages in a single morning.

It's now 1pm. Since 5am when Faulty broke the news to us there's been non-stop activity in here.

That's the rate of one page per hour. Thanks for the entertainment folks :up:

sandydandy
January 6th, 2021, 06:00 PM
I’m confused about one thing. Both the senate and congress are debating. I’m watching the senate debate the objections raised earlier, and if defeated they will resume certifying the election.

So what are they debating about over in congress? Election stuff as well or regular business?

Tom Servo
January 6th, 2021, 06:11 PM
Ya got me. Maybe they're just hanging out.

sandydandy
January 6th, 2021, 06:33 PM
Apparently they’re both debating this Arizona objection. Then I guess they all join together to certify the electoral votes. Hence “joint session”. So tedious.

FaultyMario
January 6th, 2021, 06:35 PM
Many are appealing to have the 25th activated, but probably it won't come down to that.
National Guard is now at the Capitol.

rumors going around indicate Pence already has invoked it. they're baseless, obviously, but maybe a repressed desire?

FaultyMario
January 6th, 2021, 06:37 PM
Apparently they’re both debating this Arizona objection. Then I guess they all join together to certify the electoral votes. Hence “joint session”. So tedious.

Yes, it was meant to be boring, procedural shit.

¡Chinga tu Maga!

The359
January 6th, 2021, 06:38 PM
I’m confused about one thing. Both the senate and congress are debating. I’m watching the senate debate the objections raised earlier, and if defeated they will resume certifying the election.

So what are they debating about over in congress? Election stuff as well or regular business?

First, Congress is the entire legislature. It is divided into the House and Senate.

Congress meets jointly to count the electoral college votes by having each state say their results. If two members of Congress (one from the House and one from the Senate) object to a state's announced result, the House and Senate separate and have two hours of debate in their respective houses, then each has their own vote on whether or not to certify the state's vote. Both houses have to agree to object for it to count, any other result means that no change is made to that state's result and it is certified. This means that, theoretically, they can go into this two-hour debate and vote for all 50 states.

The House vote takes longer because they have 435 members, while the Senate only has 100 members.

sandydandy
January 6th, 2021, 06:47 PM
Oh ok thanks for clarifying. I always thought congress was only the House and the senate was separate from congress.

FaultyMario
January 6th, 2021, 06:59 PM
She died in hospital. Damn.

Tom's gonna love the fact that she was a Diegueno from East County.

Tom Servo
January 6th, 2021, 08:18 PM
The urban core of San Diego may have gone blue, but most of San Diego is still pretty republican. It's still a military town (though not Air Force, as far as I know). This doesn't shock me.

Tom Servo
January 6th, 2021, 08:19 PM
I just realized that I forgot how many electoral college votes it takes to win. Please ignore this post.

The359
January 6th, 2021, 08:19 PM
GOP attempts to object to Michigan's electoral vote, forget to actually sign their objection as legally required. :lol:

Tom Servo
January 6th, 2021, 09:27 PM
Tom's gonna love the fact that she was a Diegueno from East County.

I'm now reading she's from Ocean Beach. That is definitely not East County. It's been a while, but when I was living down there it was a pretty laid back surfer/stoner part of town. I used to go to a shop called The Black down there to check out all the cool H.R. Giger books they had.

Rare White Ape
January 7th, 2021, 01:34 AM
Both Twitter and Facebook have given McDonald Trump a 24-hour suspension for posts that violate rules related to inciting violence.

Twitter was especially harsh, saying that he would have his account permanently suspended if there are any further breaches of policy. I'd say that there isn't much time left for that account!

JoshInKC
January 7th, 2021, 04:09 AM
Oh ok thanks for clarifying. I always thought congress was only the House and the senate was separate from congress.
That's a really common thing to think, even here in the states - I think it comes from the fact that House representatives are colloquially called "Members of Congress," sometimes House Reps, or congressmen, while members of the Senate are pretty much only called Senators. This even extends to official campaign signs - You see "JoshInKC for Congress" vs "JoshInKC for Senate".
It's weird.

sandydandy
January 7th, 2021, 06:33 AM
What a day yesterday. What's to come still? I stayed up and watched the remainder of the Arizona objection debate, and then the counting, and then the very lengthy Pennsylvania objection debate. The Republicans had pubic hair thin arguments for wanting to throw PA out. It was fucking annoying as hell. What was GREAT to watch was Rep. Conor Lamb's rebuttal the way he stuck it hard to those bozos across the aisle, sparking a violent reaction causing Pelosi to kick the Republican out. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/fight-almost-breaks-out-in-house-amid-elector-debate/2021/01/07/9f7ea0f9-893f-4c6b-b04f-91a646ba553a_video.html)

Ok I sort of understand the whole Pence thing now. His figurehead role as leader of the senate means he has to more or less “sign off” on the electoral shit. I saw a video of Biden doing the same in early 2017 to accept Trump’s election win.

Based on what I’m reading it doesn’t make a difference if he actually does it or not, as he doesn’t have the power to overturn shit. It’s all for show. I would respect him 0.5% more if he did the right thing.

We know Pence is nothing more than a little weasel who loves to lick Trump’s cornhole. Good riddance to him too on January 20th. So I won't respect him just 0.5%, actually much more than that. He was very professional and executed his duties faithfully. It was nice to see he had a bit of integrity. I wonder what his political future will look like.

This even extends to official campaign signs - You see "JoshInKC for Congress" vs "JoshInKC for Senate". I've seen those signs. :lol:

Yeah I always thought house and congress were the same thing. Learned something new yesterday.

Cam
January 7th, 2021, 08:34 AM
I do not get why anyone is calling for impeachment. He was already impeached. Nothing happened. :rolleyes:

drew
January 7th, 2021, 08:46 AM
If he's impeached this time, it makes him ineligible to run again in 2024/ever, for any government position.

FaultyMario
January 7th, 2021, 08:55 AM
Brothers from the north*, Are you ready to accept that you have a deep-rooted racial problem**? That it needs to be addressed?

____

* Maga who put his feet up on Pelosi's desk is Canadian, I believe.
** Your problem stems from the fact that America was built upon plunder and slave labor; ours is a bit different, we are gaslighting the ancestral owners of this land by telling them they're not really indigenous and that they are instead mestizo.

Crazed_Insanity
January 7th, 2021, 09:03 AM
If he's impeached this time, it makes him ineligible to run again in 2024/ever, for any government position.

If that’s case, I’m all for impeachment!

It’s pointless banning him on Facebook and Twitter if he is still able to run for office in the future.

Crazed_Insanity
January 7th, 2021, 09:14 AM
Brothers from the north*, Are you ready to accept that you have a deep-rooted racial problem**? That it needs to be addressed?

____

* Maga who put his feet up on Pelosi's desk is Canadian, I believe.
** Your problem stems from the fact that America was built upon plunder and slave labor; ours is a bit different, we are gaslighting the ancestral owners of this land by telling them they're not really indigenous and that they are instead mestizo.

I think only the white supremacists don’t acknowledge this racial problem.

However, I still tend to believe the deeper problem is the tremendous wealth gaps...

Europeans vs America Indians?
Europeans vs Africans?
It’s also easy to exploit Asian countries while they have cheap laborers, but as people get richer, they’ll become much harder to push around.

Racial problems can be overcome by money... see Lewis Hamilton. Who dare discriminate against the rich and famous?

However, money problems cannot be solved by the color of your skin. Plenty of poor white people in america.

So the wealth inequalities are the bigger issue than race IMHO.

FaultyMario
January 7th, 2021, 09:31 AM
Most studies I've seen about the economic make up of the maga faction do not point to inequality or disenfranchisement, sure there are anecdotal tales propping up in newspaper articles about individuals, but the norm tends to be that these are privileged morons.

So, no, there is a racial problem in how the institutions that govern public life make a differential treatment of whites and eastern Asians versus everyone else.

FaultyMario
January 7th, 2021, 09:39 AM
Just to be head the point home, agencies of :

Law enforcement,
Justice,
Education,
Healthcare,
Banking and finance,
Housing

Are implementing policies based on the ethnicity of people in America.

Crazed_Insanity
January 7th, 2021, 10:23 AM
Anyway, at least with money, we could make them, lose them, win them, redistribute them, give them away, or rob and steal them...

But the color of our skin can't really be changed. It's also very difficult to change people's hearts quickly.

Regardless of the economic make up of the MAGA crowd, if we can reduce the wealth gap between groups, it'll be much easier to check and balance each other.

Point is that it's easier to solve money problems than racial problems. Solving the money problem will also make solving the racial problem easier. Especially even if MAGA crowd are full of rich people, it'll be difficult to fight against them when you are living below poverty levels. When people don't have to worry about their next meal, then they have a fighting chance.

Lewis Hamilton beat probably one of the whitest system ever! That's freaking awesome and the best way to beat white men fairly at their own game! I don't believe it's the right thing to do to force F-1 teams to hire more minority drivers, right? Similarly, we shouldn't have to force NBA and NFL team owners to hire more asians just to reflect the population? Content of people's character or their actual qualification should be the most important factors. We just need to make sure people don't fall thru the cracks and get exploited/abused...

White supremacists exist, I don't think anyone doubts that. The problem is what do we do? Hang them? Lock'em up? Kick the crap out of them?

I just thought Lewis Hamilton's way is the best way to show them.

FaultyMario
January 7th, 2021, 10:31 AM
White supremacists exist, I don't think anyone doubts that. The problem is what do we do? Hang them? Lock'em up? Kick the crap out of them?

Do not let them decide how public goods and services are actually provided? Crazy idea, I know.

Also, dude, you might want to stop moving the goalposts, again, if you want others to keep responding to you.

drew
January 7th, 2021, 10:54 AM
Pelosi just threw the hammer down. 25th, or impeachment.

Seems to be a bad day to be an orange-painted fuckstain.

I
fucking
love
it

Crazed_Insanity
January 7th, 2021, 11:08 AM
Do not let them decide how public goods and services are actually provided? Crazy idea, I know.

Also, dude, you might want to stop moving the goalposts, again, if you want others to keep responding to you.

Don't mean to move anything, perhaps I just rambled on too much... :p

Anyway, who decides how public goods and services are provided? Currently it's the so called 'establishment'... and currently both the left (BLM) and right (MAGA) folks are protesting against it.

The 2 groups probably thought they're fighting against each other, but in reality I think not.

BLM started when Obama was in office, not Trump. For sure he didn't cause BLM. Made it worse, sure, but not the cause. Something also happened to caused Brexit and Trump and all these nationalistic sentiments... and for sure BLM wasn't the cause.

Again, racism is indeed a problem, but the more pressing problem is the 'establishment'. It caused both BLM and MAGA... and the 'establishment' is the cancerous tumor that sucks up all of the world's wealth.

So my point/goal post is that money problem > race problem at the moment.

Actually, let me move the goal post a bit... currently trump problem is probably the greatest problem. :p

Rare White Ape
January 7th, 2021, 11:10 AM

I
fucking
love
it

Keep talking… I am about to cum.

Crazed_Insanity
January 7th, 2021, 11:12 AM

I
fucking
love
it

I sincerely hope they succeed and can make sure the guy won't be able to run ever again!

Tom Servo
January 7th, 2021, 12:40 PM
Congress may be prepared to move forward with impeachment.

I kinda hope that maybe she sorta thinks about possibly considering the potential of it. I'll believe it when I see it.

sandydandy
January 7th, 2021, 12:47 PM
I hope it’s done quickly.

FaultyMario
January 7th, 2021, 03:36 PM
Material damage looks minimal, all things considered. But four people died, one of them an on-duty police officer.

Yw-slayer
January 7th, 2021, 03:44 PM
Material damage looks minimal, all things considered. But four people died, one of them an on-duty police officer.

Sorry, I deleted my post as I didn't think it added anything. However it is clear that the material damage was relatively minimal.

Tom Servo
January 7th, 2021, 07:26 PM
The police officer story appears to have been rescinded.

MR2 Fan
January 7th, 2021, 07:57 PM
things are bit odd about this whole situation...also there were 3 bombs but it seems most news sources barely covered it

The359
January 7th, 2021, 08:14 PM
things are bit odd about this whole situation...also there were 3 bombs but it seems most news sources barely covered it

I imagine the bombs may have been fakes, hence why they are not getting any serious coverage.

Also, fuck Betsy Devos. She's doing nothing courageous.

Tom Servo
January 7th, 2021, 09:16 PM
I think it was Buzzfeed where I saw that the DoJ confirmed two bombs (RNC and DNC headquarters) and confirmed that they were actual explosives, not fakes. It's not a good day when two pipe bombs next to major political targets get overshadowed.

Tom Servo
January 7th, 2021, 09:38 PM
And now they're unretracting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGWwiqbBZzM&t=22

Crazed_Insanity
January 7th, 2021, 09:39 PM
I think I saw that somewhere too.

Besides bombs, foreign agents could’ve easily be in the mix planting bugs in offices or computer systems...

Could be a serious threat to national security.

Anyway, one notable tweet I read from a BLM supporter which I thought was very thought provoking... to paraphrase: “we’re not asking you to shoot them like you shoot us, we’re just asking you to not shoot at us like you didn’t shoot at them.”

drew
January 8th, 2021, 03:13 AM
Cabinet members resigning so they don't have to take part of the 25th....

Profiles in courage.

Rare White Ape
January 8th, 2021, 03:48 AM
Ousting Trump, he of the "greatest first term in history" (his words), is largely symbolic as is comes in the dying (too soon?) days of his presidency, but that doesn't mean it's not something that makes me extremely hard and eager to spray my fetid jizz all over the place.

Phil_SS
January 8th, 2021, 05:57 AM
I would rather it be done by Impeachment. Thus he can't hold office again and it would make the Senate and House people vote on it. But, it won't happen. He has been suspended from his two favorite mediums (Twitter and Facebook), plus the news outlets are not going to give him any time what so ever, even Fox News, and thus we basically won't here anything from him for awhile.

We may and I say "may" see him leave the White House. But I could just as easy see him slime away in the night and become a hermit for awhile.

Freude am Fahren
January 8th, 2021, 06:09 AM
Yeah, I don't think the 25th is appropriate. Or at least it isn't now if hasn't been for the last 4 years. He's done nothing different, it just finally boiled over blocks away from a "target" of his sheep.

Impeachment is better exactly for those reasons Phil said.

FaultyMario
January 8th, 2021, 06:27 AM
Cabinet members resigning so they don't have to take part of the 25th....

Profiles in courage.

I hope he is impeached, it puts Mitch and his goons under the light. After that they'll have no arguments against $2000 checks.

George
January 8th, 2021, 07:41 AM

Source, please?

I've never heard this before. Not doubting; would like to learn more.

And bravo for a mention of the movie Top Secret. Has it reached cult classic status by now? I thought it was great way back when, but it was no Citizen Kane, to be sure.

More levity for the Politics thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoDYjJ2jmHc&ab_channel=ferchuaf

drew
January 8th, 2021, 07:49 AM
I think the "catch" is he would be convicted this time. So it's still not a guarantee. At this time, he's still eligible to run in 2024. Provided he's not in prison.

But this is what I was referring to:
The Constitution reads: “Judgment in Cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States.”

The clause enables the Senate to permanently prevent Trump from holding office again.

Nobody's ever been impeached twice, so maybe there's another trivia question for the future.

Top Secret is a classic.

Crazed_Insanity
January 8th, 2021, 07:53 AM
I googled and found this, not sure if it's absolutely right: https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/verify/can-trump-run-again-if-he-is-removed-from-office-by-the-25th-amendment-or-through-impeachment-fact-check-capitol-riots-latest/65-92a201e3-0e0e-4767-9dfc-b8b4516afb56

Summary is 25th won't disqualify him and impeachment also won't automatically disqualify him..., but congress could decided to disqualify him if they choose. It's all up to congress. Nothing set in stone for an automatic disqualification.

So congress might as well not waste time impeaching him... just directly try to create a specific law that prohibits someone 'like' Trump from running.

Also need to add in if you can't resolve all of your conflict of interests and if you refuse to disclose your tax returns, you can't be sworn in...

FaultyMario
January 8th, 2021, 08:08 AM
French police official who trains with US Law enforcement detailed multiple lapses from Wednesday that they believe were deliberate. (https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-attempted-coup-federal-law-enforcement-capitol-police-2021-1)

Crazed_Insanity
January 8th, 2021, 08:24 AM
Considering the woman shot dead was a veteran and a national guard... if she were put in charge to control the MAGA crowd, wonder what she'd do?

I was worried that some in the crowd would storm in with weapons, but glad that didn't happen. Could've been a blood bath...

Some were saying this is like a stress test for our democracy... hopefully what didn't kill us will make us stronger.

Tom Servo
January 8th, 2021, 09:34 AM
And bravo for a mention of the movie Top Secret. Has it reached cult classic status by now? I thought it was great way back when, but it was no Citizen Kane, to be sure.

One of my all time favorites and criminally underappreciated. Should be in the same grouping as another one of their movies, Airplane!, as far as I'm concerned.

Rikadyn
January 8th, 2021, 09:53 AM
https://academictimes.com/party-supporters-shift-views-to-match-partisan-stances/

sandydandy
January 8th, 2021, 09:54 AM
I was worried that some in the crowd would storm in with weapons, but glad that didn't happen. Could've been a blood bath... Wait till Inauguration Day. I’m sure the nutcases will be out in full force and armed. A bloodbath is definitely possible.

The359
January 8th, 2021, 10:04 AM
Trump wont be attending the inauguration. I presume this means he will be holding a rally elsewhere instead.

drew
January 8th, 2021, 10:12 AM
Already planned. "Million Militia March", shit is all over facebook/parler.

And...he announces he won't be there, who gives a fuck. good. Fucking drama queen has to announce it, rather than just not say anything and not show up. Nobody expected him to be there anyway.

He has to be the most loathsome twat alive.

sandydandy
January 8th, 2021, 03:01 PM
Twitter has permanently banned Trump. Took them long enough.

The359
January 8th, 2021, 03:03 PM
Unfortunately it is just more fuel to their fire of "They're taking out freedom of speech" and "We are being marginalized"

Crazed_Insanity
January 8th, 2021, 03:04 PM
No big deal. I’m sure they could come up with another platform of their own called Qwitter! :p

In all seriousness, yeah, I’m not sure banning him will help much at this point.

Tom Servo
January 8th, 2021, 03:08 PM
It's adding more fuel to their fire, but thankfully it's a fire way fewer people will notice. Just think of how often you used to hear about Milo Yiannapoulos.

neanderthal
January 8th, 2021, 05:30 PM
Love this.

https://twitter.com/AlisaValdesRod1/status/1347237332647251969?s=19

Crazed_Insanity
January 8th, 2021, 06:04 PM
That was totally not the same. In school shootings we usually just have one or few shooters and caused multiple casualties.

That so called insurrection had thousands of rioters but zero congressional casualties.

Nutcases assaulted our schools with greater fire power too. So hopefully this means those people still has some sense in them...?

The359
January 8th, 2021, 06:22 PM
That was totally not the same. In school shootings we usually just have one or few shooters and caused multiple casualties.

That so called insurrection had thousands of rioters but zero congressional casualties.

Nutcases assaulted our schools with greater fire power too. So hopefully this means those people still has some sense in them...?

Perhaps you missed the noose they erected outside the Capital Building.

The359
January 8th, 2021, 06:59 PM
In my mind, I feel like the next two weeks are going to be an increase in violence. As I said, these moves to block Trump are only going to embolden his followers because they see it as a self-fulfilling prophecy. Republicans who have turned on Trump are already feeling the wrath. People calling for "bringing people together" from Biden and Democrats are completely missing the point that it is the lunatics that are the threat, and they aren't coming together at all.

Leon
January 8th, 2021, 09:27 PM
I think unless there's a serious "show of force" (by which I mean literally, showing friggen hundreds of riot equipped police in place, I don't mean randomly shooting people) the Trump mouth breather army is going to continue their delusional behaviour.

Crazed_Insanity
January 8th, 2021, 09:36 PM
Perhaps you missed the noose they erected outside the Capital Building.

Noose is not firearm. Mass shooters don’t usually erect any nooses or neese? ;) anyway, just saying at least these crazies are not that serious yet.

Also these folks seemed very compliant to Trump. When he said go home, they all went home.

If I were to seriously start an insurrection, I’d be ready to sacrifice my own life and I’d be sure to bring some firearms, not ropes.

Anyway, I do share the same concerns as you stated in the subsequent post...

Crazed_Insanity
January 8th, 2021, 09:38 PM
I think unless there's a serious "show of force" (by which I mean literally, showing friggen hundreds of riot equipped police in place, I don't mean randomly shooting people) the Trump mouth breather army is going to continue their delusional behaviour.

Violence will only beget violence.

Serious show of force didn’t stop BLM and it also won’t stop MAGA crazies.

The359
January 8th, 2021, 10:10 PM
Noose is not firearm. Mass shooters don’t usually erect any nooses or neese? ;) anyway, just saying at least these crazies are not that serious yet.

They are serious. And why do they need to get any more serious for it to be a problem?

Tom Servo
January 8th, 2021, 11:07 PM
In my mind, I feel like the next two weeks are going to be an increase in violence. As I said, these moves to block Trump are only going to embolden his followers because they see it as a self-fulfilling prophecy. Republicans who have turned on Trump are already feeling the wrath. People calling for "bringing people together" from Biden and Democrats are completely missing the point that it is the lunatics that are the threat, and they aren't coming together at all.

My initial inclination is to agree, but then I think they were already planning on increasing it to begin with. Limiting their audience and making it less likely that new randos will join up seems good.

Deplatforming works.

Blerpa
January 9th, 2021, 02:03 AM
Send militarized police.
And just shoot them down.

drew
January 9th, 2021, 03:54 AM
Considering the National Guard deployment was held up (and could only be authorized by the DOJ) says a lot. His lackies, and likely he himself wanted this to happen.

I hope he spends the rest of his life getting his shit pushed in.

I don't see them going through with the traditional inauguration ceremony. I would venture a guess it will be inside, with a huge police presence outside.

That said, prepare to hear Trump says some shit about his inauguration crowd being bigger than Biden's. Of course, it won't be on twitter.

Any/all GOP members that had a part of the objecting tot he count after the raid, need to fucking go as well.

I sincerely hope this is the end of the GOP.

FaultyMario
January 9th, 2021, 07:28 AM
His lackies, and likely he himself wanted this to happen.

They made it happen. I don't know how much evidence of this was collected by law enforcement but if DC reporters are to be believed, there were clear indications of coordination between the stephen millers of trumpland and the leaders of the deplorables.

drew
January 9th, 2021, 07:40 AM
The other thing is, how did they know where Pelosi and Schumer's offices were? I wouldn't think that is public knowledge, nor part of the "tourist" experience, for obvious security reasons.

I hope a lot of people get fucked by this. A LOT.

FaultyMario
January 9th, 2021, 08:12 AM
French police official who trains with US Law enforcement detailed multiple lapses from Wednesday that they believe were deliberate. (https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-attempted-coup-federal-law-enforcement-capitol-police-2021-1)
The Capitol chief of police and house Sergeant at arms have "resigned".

Rikadyn
January 9th, 2021, 08:39 AM
Which is appropriate even if they were not directly complicit in the act. They failed to act appropriately

Rikadyn
January 9th, 2021, 09:54 AM
Sen. Joe Manchin says he'd 'absolutely' oppose Biden's stimulus checks, then swiftly walks it back after stocks tank (https://theweek.com/speedreads/959931/sen-joe-manchin-says-hed-absolutely-oppose-bidens-stimulus-checks-swiftly-walks-back-after-stocks-tank)

sandydandy
January 9th, 2021, 10:27 AM
The other thing is, how did they know where Pelosi and Schumer's offices were? That’s a very good point. Definitely looks like this was orchestrated by someone on the inside.

I remember that night during the delay there was talk about moving the Congress people to a secure location, to resume debating and counting. I was thinking to myself that’s probably not a good idea, as someone like Trump would gladly disclose the location of that secure facility, via sock account, to his “patriots”, who would then ambush them all. Who knows what other top level secrets he will divulge in the coming days/weeks.

The359
January 9th, 2021, 10:52 AM
They moved some of them to a military base temporarily, which was openly disclosed on the media.

sandydandy
January 9th, 2021, 11:04 AM
There was another secure facility they were mentioning, which the media referred to many times and were not allowed to share the location of. A big hall type place, adequate to serve as chambers for the house and senate. But probably well enough guarded to thwart any attack should its location become compromised.

neanderthal
January 9th, 2021, 11:19 AM

I think the police need to start randomly shooting people.

Black Lives Matter saw rubber bullets, tear gas, batons, mounted police, an excessive show of force, etc. Start spraying them with rubber bullets. Indiscriminately, wantonly, and with much abandon. As they flee (they'll only be able to flee in certain directions) douse them with the tear gas, lay it on thick!!!! Let them run a gauntlet of batons. Mass arrests. Men in black vans kidnapping people in broad daylight. Terrorise the fuck out of them the way the police terrorise the fuck out of black protestors.

What's good (enough) for the goose is good (enough) for the gander.

If they don't, then we will increase our call to defund the police.

Crazed_Insanity
January 9th, 2021, 12:00 PM
The thing is police probably knows most of them are blue life sympathizers... and possibly half of the police are Trump supporters too...

If such bloodbath breaks out, the 2nd civil war may begin... cops may end up shooting at cops...

Defunding the police will also result in further chaos... some of them unemployed cops just might join the ‘insurrection’.

The359
January 9th, 2021, 12:31 PM
I think the police need to start randomly shooting people.

Black Lives Matter saw rubber bullets, tear gas, batons, mounted police, an excessive show of force, etc. Start spraying them with rubber bullets. Indiscriminately, wantonly, and with much abandon. As they flee (they'll only be able to flee in certain directions) douse them with the tear gas, lay it on thick!!!! Let them run a gauntlet of batons. Mass arrests. Men in black vans kidnapping people in broad daylight. Terrorise the fuck out of them the way the police terrorise the fuck out of black protestors.

What's good (enough) for the goose is good (enough) for the gander.

If they don't, then we will increase our call to defund the police.

Here is the problem. Many of them are armed, with real bullets, and are begging for a reason to fight the government. They will shoot back.

MR2 Fan
January 9th, 2021, 02:14 PM
If Trump were smart, he'd resign tomorrow before the next impeachment starts. He isn't, so I don't expect it to happen.

FaultyMario
January 9th, 2021, 02:34 PM
Guy seen carrying the Speakers podium on wednesday has been arrested, he was... wait for it... a Florida man.

sandydandy
January 9th, 2021, 02:39 PM
Did they get the podium back?

FaultyMario
January 9th, 2021, 02:45 PM
CNN's article doesn't say.

Adam Johnson, 36, of Florida was arrested in the state Friday and booked into the Pinellas County Jail just days after he was allegedly caught on camera carrying the House speaker's lectern, according to the release. He has been charged with one count of knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority; one count of theft of government property; and one count of violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds.

Rare White Ape
January 9th, 2021, 03:00 PM
You couldn't write a script for a comedy movie this good.

This week has just been...

https://media3.giphy.com/media/3o7aCWJavAgtBzLWrS/source.gif

Crazed_Insanity
January 9th, 2021, 04:49 PM
Did they get the podium back?

It’s briefly on eBay: https://archive.is/plgD2

Dicknose
January 9th, 2021, 05:14 PM
The fact that they "got away with it" on the day could embolden others. Getting arrested a few days later and possibly getting bail isnt that much of a deterrent at this stage of the game.
And the ease with which this all happened. Reminds me of "the mouse that roared"

Crazed_Insanity
January 9th, 2021, 05:38 PM
Don’t know much about police work, but I thought this is kinda standard way of doing things?

If during the actual riot police was just overran by the crowd, they may just do nothing. Kinda like fire fighters giving up on certain areas burning too hot. Priority at the time would just be to make sure to contain the hot areas... and then after the fact, they will catch people based on photos or video footages.

MR2 Fan
January 9th, 2021, 08:23 PM
I'm really annoyed at these politicians acting like they can claim plausible deniability when their followers kill people.

I know this statement has been said before but people don't ask about how many people Hitler killed from his own hands...it was about his influence of others

neanderthal
January 9th, 2021, 10:04 PM
Here is the problem. Many of them are armed, with real bullets, and are begging for a reason to fight the government. They will shoot back.

Then let them die for Trump. Coz once the real bullets start flying the national guard stepping in and cleaning up. Then the army. I'm fine as fuck with all that.
Let them die. I won't shed a solitary tear.

neanderthal
January 9th, 2021, 10:08 PM
I'm really annoyed at these politicians acting like they can claim plausible deniability when their followers kill people.

I know this statement has been said before but people don't ask about how many people Hitler killed from his own hands...it was about his influence of others

They need to be scarlet lettered for the rest of their lives.
Cruz, Hawley and the other one need to be expelled from the house for inciting insurrection.

Godson
January 9th, 2021, 11:12 PM
Send militarized police.
And just shoot them down.

That's a very dangerous pathway. Justice needs to be served, and appropriately.

Godson
January 9th, 2021, 11:15 PM
The thing is police probably knows most of them are blue life sympathizers... and possibly half of the police are Trump supporters too...

If such bloodbath breaks out, the 2nd civil war may begin... cops may end up shooting at cops...

Defunding the police will also result in further chaos... some of them unemployed cops just might join the ‘insurrection’.

They aren't blue lives sympathizers...

Rikadyn
January 10th, 2021, 04:30 AM

They just like it when other people kill minorities for them.

Rikadyn
January 10th, 2021, 04:34 AM
They need to be scarlet lettered for the rest of their lives.
Cruz, Hawley and the other one need to be expelled from the house for inciting insurrection.
Cruz and Hawley are Senate not house... There were 140 something House members that were responsible.

They should be all expelled, at the minimum. If not tried for treason and hung.

Crazed_Insanity
January 10th, 2021, 08:54 AM
I was just a bit more politically correct than rikadyn... :p

Anyway, I am a bit concerned how much of our police and military are Trump supporters. How many are like that veteran who was shot dead who are still on active duty?

Hopefully just a minority and hoped they won’t try anything funny...

The police chief resigning is a bit concerning as well... were they really at fault and complicit in all that? If so, they’re rightly fired, but if that’s not the case, creating such power vacuum, some pro trump person might become acting chief and possibly cause more trouble? Anyway, hopefully I’m worrying over nothing...

Just glad to see people in trump admin are jumping ship and abandoning the Trumpanic!

neanderthal
January 10th, 2021, 09:26 AM
Cruz and Hawley are Senate not house... There were 140 something House members that were responsible.

That's what I meant.
All the cheer leaders should be sanctioned.

neanderthal
January 10th, 2021, 09:28 AM
I feel like a Capitol cop being beaten to death with a fire extinguisherby Trump supporters should be all over the news. But this is racist America.

Now, when people were looting a Target it was all over the news. Because this is racist America...

FaultyMario
January 10th, 2021, 09:28 AM

This.

Crazed_Insanity
January 10th, 2021, 09:48 AM
I feel like a Capitol cop being beaten to death with a fire extinguisherby Trump supporters should be all over the news. But this is racist America.

Now, when people were looting a Target it was all over the news. Because this is racist America...

I saw the news. I don’t thing media is hiding that story. Even Fox reported it:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-capitol-police-officer-dies-following-injury-sustained-during-riots.amp

However there’s no question america is racist. As long as we have different races, it’ll be hard to completely eradicate racism.

Anyway, so we’ve now seen 2 different examples of police/state response to rioters. Ignoring racism and personal emotions for a minute, which is the most appropriate police response?

Probably somewhere in between the 2?

Police is obviously too hard on blacks and way too soft on those whities?

FaultyMario
January 10th, 2021, 10:36 AM
However there’s no question america is racist. As long as we have different races, it’ll be hard to completely eradicate racism.

Again:

Just to be head the point home, agencies of :

Law enforcement,
Justice,
Education,
Healthcare,
Banking and finance,
Housing

Are implementing policies based on the ethnicity of people in America.

It is impossible (and I believe it also to be undesirable) to regulate the motivations of individuals.

However, if you think that, among others, the police department, the district's courts and the housing authority are expressions of the collective, then we ought to make sure that the actual behaviors of those institutions are to treat people equally, without racial bias and with a strict protection of their legal rights. That is as far as any society can go in the eradication of racism in its institutions.

Are we clear?

Crazed_Insanity
January 10th, 2021, 11:07 AM
Nothing is unclear about what you are saying, but racism is only one of the many isms that could exist in our institutions(made up of human beings).

Our focus need not be just on race, but for all humanity. If we really mean all men(human) are created equal... then we need to follow thru.

How should the police respond to rioters? There should only be a single standard, not double, responses shouldn’t be based on race, gender, wealth, etc. if we see double standards, obviously we need to correct these institutions.

The problem is that if the racists or rich or other bad actors take control of our institutions, then we’re kinda screwed. More peaceful protests is probably the best way to push thru, last resort would be exercising 2nd amendment rights. Glad we’re not at last resort...

But not sure how those trump supporters feel...

FaultyMario
January 10th, 2021, 11:29 AM
Nothing is unclear about what you are saying

ok...

How should the police respond to rioters?

I thought you said this was clear:

treat people equally, without racial bias and with a strict protection of their legal rights.

Crazed_Insanity
January 10th, 2021, 11:38 AM
I answered my own question didn’t I?

JSGeneral
January 10th, 2021, 03:32 PM
I'm assuming everyone has seen this, but it's worth looking redundant to make sure that you have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_P-0I6sAck

The359
January 10th, 2021, 03:38 PM
As usual, he will just be called a traitor and a "RINO".

2ndMoparMan
January 10th, 2021, 04:01 PM
Pelosi isn't muckin about. Pence has an ultimatum on Monday.

neanderthal
January 10th, 2021, 04:19 PM
Pelosi isn't muckin about. Pence has an ultimatum on Monday.

He'll be too chicken to invoke the 25th.

He wanted to have a pathway to the presidency but his political future will forever be tarnished by his dalliance with "our broad shouldered leader." And NO MATTER WHAT he does on Monday, he does not have a pathway to the White House; simply for being Trumps yes man for the last four years.

neanderthal
January 10th, 2021, 04:27 PM
It's crazy that it's taken THIS for some Republicans to grow a spine. Babies in cages didn't stop them. Overt racism (shit hole countries, they're not sending their best, etc) didn't stop them. "Grab them by the pussy." Stand back and stand by. Fine people on both sides. The never disclosed tax returns. Trump foundation. The encyclopedia of lies. Etc etc etc.

And this is why I forever say fuck Republicans.

There is no way we shouldn't throw this mess of a presidency at them any time they speak about morality or law and order. Every fucking time!

sandydandy
January 10th, 2021, 04:36 PM
Last I read Pence hadn’t ruled out using the 25th. Maybe he needed a few days to think about it. Those few days are almost up. If he truly cares about his oath, the people, and the Constitution, then he’ll invoke it without looking back.

I think he’ll do it. Pence is said to be furious with Trump, and the two haven’t spoken since Wednesday. Every man has pride and most have dignity, and Trump crossed the line with Pence when he asked him to violate his oath. He then publicly dragged his name through the mud when he wouldn’t go through with it. All that shit combined with the violence at the Capitol is enough to push any decent man (or woman) to take action.

Is Mike Pence truly decent? We saw a glimpse of it on Wednesday. We’ll find out for sure very soon.

2ndMoparMan
January 10th, 2021, 04:40 PM
He won't.

Dicknose
January 10th, 2021, 04:58 PM
I think he’ll do it. Pence is said to be furious with Trump, and the two haven’t spoken since Wednesday. Every man has pride and most have dignity, and Trump crossed the line with Pence when he asked him to violate his oath. He then publicly dragged his name through the mud when he wouldn’t go through with it. All that shit combined with the violence at the Capitol is enough to push any decent man (or woman) to take action.

Reports say that Pence was afraid for his life, as the Trump riot was out to get him for "betraying the president". And it seemed a possible outcome that he could have been lynched by that mob.
I wouldnt be surprised if that is enough to push him to act.

The359
January 10th, 2021, 05:01 PM
The problem is that, even if Pence wanted to invoke the 25th Amendment, he'd need the backing of half of the Cabinet. This also does not address the fact that the majority of the Cabinet is currently occupied by stand-in appointees who have never passed Congressional approval, and there is legal question of whether or not they can even vote on the 25th Amendment.

FaultyMario
January 10th, 2021, 05:20 PM
Yup, trumpist preemptively vacated the cabinet so that the 25A can't go thru.

FaultyMario
January 10th, 2021, 05:23 PM
[Ahnuld's video]

Is this the first time He's opened up about what he thought were the underlying causes of his dad's abusive behavior? I think that it was always spoken about since his pre-Hollywood days, but never beyond as a contextual factor of his motivation to leave the family home.

JoshInKC
January 10th, 2021, 05:55 PM
Is Mike Pence truly decent?
No, absolutely not. His political career is built on hating an oppressing homosexuals and other sinners.
If he were to actually do something, that would be the first step on a long road towards maybe someday being decent.

sandydandy
January 10th, 2021, 06:00 PM
The problem is that, even if Pence wanted to invoke the 25th Amendment, he'd need the backing of half of the Cabinet. This also does not address the fact that the majority of the Cabinet is currently occupied by stand-in appointees who have never passed Congressional approval, and there is legal question of whether or not they can even vote on the 25th Amendment. I suppose that’s true, but I hope he tries at least. Even if he fails it would say a lot about his character in his final days in the administration.

In other news, Stephen King is killing it on Twitter right now calling out Trumptards everywhere. So are a lot of other celebrities. Mick Foley is calling on Vince McMahon to remove Trump from the WWE Hall of Fame. I doubt it would happen, as McMahon and Trump have very close ties that go back decades. I say if you’re going to leave Trump in there then might as well induct Chris Benoit too, since the bar is so fucking low now.

FaultyMario
January 10th, 2021, 06:35 PM
intnl press dude on Twitter: Trump might not be impeached before the 20th because the Senate is in recess, and it is unlikely to convene for an extraordinary period. what he explains is that one part of impeachment is the removal from elected office, the other is a suspension of political rights, i.e. he could not be voted for political office again.

Crazed_Insanity
January 10th, 2021, 06:40 PM
No, absolutely not. His political career is built on hating an oppressing homosexuals and other sinners.
If he were to actually do something, that would be the first step on a long road towards maybe someday being decent.

A lot of Christians tend to have this weird problem with homosexuality..., not really sure why it is such an unforgivable sin... I suspect they might secretly harbor such tendencies themselves thus over-compensate? Quite often the harshest most homophobic preachers are the ones end up getting caught with male prostitutes...

Anyway, IMHO, Pence is a tight ass, but doesn’t seem like the type lacking integrity. When push comes to shove, I suspect he might do the right thing.

I’d rather see Trump impeached though... and congress need to make sure he is not only banned on fb and Twitter, but also public office. Ideally congress needs to pass new laws raising requirements for public office. Resolve conflict of interest, disclose tax returns, ... so that people like him can’t duplicate what he has done.

sandydandy
January 10th, 2021, 06:55 PM
If he were to actually do something, that would be the first step on a long road towards maybe someday being decent. Didn’t even see this post. I didn’t know about any of that. Ok let’s pretend he can be half-decent and do what needs to be done.

FaultyMario
January 10th, 2021, 07:47 PM
LOL the idiots are being picked up at airports, as they try to go back home.

No-flys for white guys.

Rare White Ape
January 11th, 2021, 01:29 AM
It seems that far-right social media deadbeat-zone Parler is having trouble. Amazon, Apple and Google have closed its services to the company.

Are we finally seeing the twilight of right-wing populism? Probably not. It will probably get worse before it gets better. But I am hopeful that people will come to their senses sooner rather than later.

https://deadline.com/2021/01/parler-ceo-says-service-dropped-by-every-vendor-and-could-end-the-company-1234670607/?fbclid=IwAR2RH1Wdmu3OErI8FPlpBMB2L-ruaulMe2f24VgBdl7PgBVeLxQpuggNSoU

drew
January 11th, 2021, 03:06 AM
Pence is a Class A piece of shit. "Gay therapy" to "cure" homosexuality.

sandydandy
January 11th, 2021, 05:53 AM
But is it even true?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mike-pence-supported-gay-conversion-therapy/

I read a few other articles regarding Pence and this issue and they’re either satirical or outright false.

We can’t vilify the right for engaging in misinformation while doing the same thing ourselves.

Crazed_Insanity
January 11th, 2021, 06:44 AM
It seems that far-right social media deadbeat-zone Parler is having trouble. Amazon, Apple and Google have closed its services to the company.

Are we finally seeing the twilight of right-wing populism? Probably not. It will probably get worse before it gets better. But I am hopeful that people will come to their senses sooner rather than later.

https://deadline.com/2021/01/parler-ceo-says-service-dropped-by-every-vendor-and-could-end-the-company-1234670607/?fbclid=IwAR2RH1Wdmu3OErI8FPlpBMB2L-ruaulMe2f24VgBdl7PgBVeLxQpuggNSoU

Wow. That's amazing that internet could work together in such coordinated effort...

I hope the right will understand that we need to censor such speech because otherwise we can't stop the fire started by antifa who pretended to be them? By suppressing such speech, Antifa will not be able to know how to pretend to be them! ;)

FaultyMario
January 11th, 2021, 07:22 AM
wasn't pence governor of indiana when Drew was still living there? his record on HIV infections is dismal, if that's anything to go by to judge him on his attention to specific needs of minorities.

drew
January 11th, 2021, 08:18 AM
Yep. Saying he's a shit-filled cunt is an insult to shit and cunts.

sandydandy
January 11th, 2021, 08:18 AM
wasn't pence governor of indiana when Drew was still living there? his record on HIV infections is dismal, if that's anything to go by to judge him on his attention to specific needs of minorities. But we’re specifically talking about gay conversation therapy, but yeah Pence is definitely not a good guy overall. One moment of decency last week didn’t change the overall picture. It may be too late for him to become a decent person.

Freude am Fahren
January 11th, 2021, 08:23 AM
Part of me doesn't want impeachment so that he can keep campaigning and run again and completely destroy the GOP and their chances in '24.

Part of me worries he'd actually win...

sandydandy
January 11th, 2021, 09:22 AM
There’s always the question if things will get better or worse after Trump. Will his followers finally sober up, or will they turn to a new leader who’s just as bad or worse? See Lauren Boebert, the latest scummy Republican Trumpette who looks to be on par with him. I don’t think these idiots are going away. Not for decades. Cut off one head and three will take its place.

Crazed_Insanity
January 11th, 2021, 09:58 AM
Yes, Trump is only a symptom, not the root cause.

I also don't believe the root cause is entirely racist/white supremacy.

Nationalistic sentiments ran high all over the globe even in non-white asian nations. Brexit vs EU was also not really about white UK vs brown EU..., but about dispute over money, sovereignty and political elitism... essentially the anti-establishment sentiments were high... and white supremacists essentially surfed on this wave to get what they want too. Trump is basically a surfer too..., trying to catch whatever wave he can to stay in power.

So besides shutting down the white supremacists, can the democrats also tame the anti-establishment sentiments that has been brewing?

If not, more like Trump will come.

neanderthal
January 11th, 2021, 10:51 AM
Trump needs to be impeached. Again. And/ or 25thd. Right now!

Because, at the moment, he can pardon all the insurrectionists and seditionists. Rendering them ... immune, lets say, from the justice they deserve. And making them legends in the eyes of the far right wing. Giving a semblance of credence to their cause. Emboldening them to go further down that path.

The head of the snake needs to be cut off immediately. That's Trump (yes, i'm aware that he isn't the head of Qanon and other far right wing groups and entities, but right now he's their totem.) and all these slimy fuckers who tried to stage a coup. Trump being removed from office will preclude him from holding office again. (Yes, a smarter, more competent, more dangerous narcissist will pop up, i'm aware.) And these treasonous idiots must get long sentences. In super max prisons. Far from each other. And far from their families. Literally, an example needs to be made of them.

Fuck Republicans.

neanderthal
January 11th, 2021, 10:54 AM
There’s always the question if things will get better or worse after Trump. Will his followers finally sober up, or will they turn to a new leader who’s just as bad or worse? See Lauren Boebert, the latest scummy Republican Trumpette who looks to be on par with him. I don’t think these idiots are going away. Not for decades. Cut off one head and three will take its place.

She who tweeted that they'd been removed from the chamber and that Speaker Pelosi had been taken to a safe zone, during the event? Yeah, she can go to.

neanderthal
January 11th, 2021, 11:01 AM
But we’re specifically talking about gay conversation therapy, but yeah Pence is definitely not a good guy overall. One moment of decency last week didn’t change the overall picture. It may be too late for him to become a decent person.

2000: During his congressional campaign, Mike Pence said, “Congress should oppose any effort to put gay and lesbian relationships on an equal legal status with heterosexual marriage.”

2000: Pence also supported the reauthorization of the Ryan White Care Act only if federal dollars were excluded from organizations who “celebrate” and “encourage” behavior that facilitates spreading of the HIV virus. Further, Pence supported this reauthorization only if “those institutions provided assistance to those looking to change their sexual behavior”, an off-the-cuff endorsement for ex-gay conversion therapy.

2004: Mike Pence co-sponsored a proposed amendment to the U.S. Constitution that would define marriage as solely between one man and one woman.

2007: Pence voted against the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA).

2010: Mike Pence voted against the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” repeal which allowed LGBT Americans to openly serve their country in military service.

2012: Pence refused to say on the record if he supported a same-sex couple raising a child together.

2014: Gov. Pence supported HJR-3, a bill to add an amendment banning same-sex marriage to Indiana’s Constitution.

2015: Governor Pence signed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act in a closed-door ceremony surrounded by special interest lobbyists.

2015: Governor Pence said on ABC’s “This Week” that it was “absolutely not” a mistake to sign RFRA, throwing Indiana into a $250 million economic panic and putting Indiana’s “Hoosier Hospitality” reputation in jeopardy.

2015: Even after his approval rating plummets from RFRA, Mike Pence on July 22 told the media he is “studying” the issue of LGBT rights and whether or not he’d support across the board protections for the LGBT community.

Bolded mine. It's 2021, you can google the rest for yourself.

That's just the timeline of some of his actions that are against gay equality. We won't go into the huge spike in teen pregnancy and HIV during his term due to his ineptitude religious bigotry.

neanderthal
January 11th, 2021, 11:10 AM
There's Tik Toks of several of the "patriots" being kicked off planes and denied boarding. They're on no fly lists.

This tea is delicious.

Things conservatives love to say.

Actions have consequences.
Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
You do the crime, you do the time.
Etc.

I never thought the chickens coming home to roost would be this entertaining.

MR2 Fan
January 11th, 2021, 12:44 PM
so since D.C. is not a state, they couldn't file state charges there, is that accurate?

sandydandy
January 11th, 2021, 01:35 PM
Bolded mine. It's 2021, you can google the rest for yourself.

That's just the timeline of some of his actions that are against gay equality. We won't go into the huge spike in teen pregnancy and HIV during his term due to his ineptitude religious bigotry. Thanks for the info. Yeah I admit I’m not up to speed on a LOT, being on the periphery. Maybe I should research more before speaking, but it’s nice to have you guys around to educate and correct me.

US politics is like the FIFA World Cup for me. I only really pay attention every four years, and then it’s out of sight, out of mind.

George
January 11th, 2021, 02:19 PM
US politics is like the FIFA World Cup for me. I only really pay attention every four years, and then it’s out of sight, out of mind.

It used to be like that for a lot of Americans also.

Freude am Fahren
January 11th, 2021, 02:49 PM
There's Tik Toks of several of the "patriots" being kicked off planes and denied boarding. They're on no fly lists.

This tea is delicious.

Things conservatives love to say.

I never thought the chickens coming home to roost would be this entertaining.

So if it's of them being kicked off a plane, it's because they were being assholes (likely refusing to wear a mask, as has been the case in a few that I saw). If they've been put on a no-fly list, they wouldn't make it past security.

Presumably anyway, I support it's possible because it's all so fresh, they get flagged shortly after clearing TSA.

Either way though,

https://i.giphy.com/media/3o8doT9BL7dgtolp7O/giphy.webp

tigeraid
January 11th, 2021, 03:13 PM
If there's one silver lining to this, it's the memes.

https://youtu.be/3R7WrlIIV3o

neanderthal
January 11th, 2021, 03:18 PM
so since D.C. is not a state, they couldn't file state charges there, is that accurate?

I'm really not sure. Someone smarter than me can say. I think it's federal because capitol, but don't quote me on that. That's my reasoning for urgency regarding Trump being 25thd.

neanderthal
January 11th, 2021, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the info. Yeah I admit I’m not up to speed on a LOT, being on the periphery. Maybe I should research more before speaking, but it’s nice to have you guys around to educate and correct me.

Even I didn't know a lot about it. Just rumours and whispers and so on. But, those in the know collate these kinda things and every now and then i'd read something that truly horrified me. Teenage pregnancies and HIV shot up because of Pence. Then there was an article about his actions against gay equality. The transgender bathroom thing. And him signing onto the religious freedom something something act that a few conservative governors tried to do a few years ago. Then institutions like the NFL were like "we're gonna move the Super Bowl from your state if you keep this up." The NCAA (I think) claimed they'd not play any March Madness games in those states. Musical artists cancelled tour dates in those cities/ states. Etc etc.

That roar against ... moral terpitude (that's how they framed it) quickly became a whimper as large hotel chains, bar and restaurant owners, etc started calling those governors and also raising hell with their local congress critters.

I'm grateful for only one thing about this entire Trump debacle political decade (Fuck trump, he doesn't get even a glimmer of praise!); it's opened the eyes of many to the machinations of politics. McConnell should not be able to single handedly hold up legislation. Fuck turtle mcturtleyface. Fuck trump. Fuck republicans!

Hopefully people re going to pay a lot more attention to the mid term elections in a couple of years. And may the recent proceedings loom greatly in their minds as several rat fuckers should be up for re election.

neanderthal
January 11th, 2021, 03:33 PM
It used to be like that for a lot of Americans also.

Hopefully that's ended.

Used to be that conservatives would always turn out for the elections, including mid terms, while the more liberal turned out only for the general election. I hope that is no longer the case.

neanderthal
January 11th, 2021, 03:35 PM
So if it's of them being kicked off a plane, it's because they were being assholes (likely refusing to wear a mask, as has been the case in a few that I saw). If they've been put on a no-fly list, they wouldn't make it past security.

Presumably anyway, I support it's possible because it's all so fresh, they get flagged shortly after clearing TSA.

Either way though,

https://i.giphy.com/media/3o8doT9BL7dgtolp7O/giphy.webp

Yeah. I posted that in a hurry and didn't think to specify that it was separate things. That they all weren't necessarily on the no fly list; some were being douches.

But, either way, chefs kiss.

sandydandy
January 11th, 2021, 03:38 PM
If there's one silver lining to this, it's the memes.

https://youtu.be/3R7WrlIIV3o I nearly died watching that. :lol:

BTW welcome back, haven’t seen you in a while.

neanderthal
January 11th, 2021, 03:43 PM
I saw a twitter thread detailing how some lax/ lazy programming meant Parler wasn't as secure as it should've been, and now some hacker (I wish I had her name so I could CashApp her) has basically written code that would make anyone an administer, then they could down load the entire contents of that wretched site. And many did. And they've turned over a lot of it to the FBI.

Notable that if someone deleted a post, it didn't actually delete it, it just gave a notice that it was deleted while it was still being hosted on the server in the background.

I saw another yesterday where a girl identified her mother, uncle, and aunt as perpetrators in an incident with a black policewoman. She had no shame too; apparently she'd been kicked out many times because she was liberal and gay. Straight up "this you" to her mum, also uncle and aunt, and arrows pointing to them in the little movie clip. Fucking legend. Gen Z don't play.

tigeraid
January 11th, 2021, 04:40 PM
BTW welcome back, haven’t seen you in a while.

Thx. What can I say, struggling to participate in life in general lately.

Dicknose
January 11th, 2021, 04:48 PM
Jon Schaffer of Iced Earth and Demons & Wizards was in the capitol riot. Apparently he is now on a FBI wanted list.
Other band members and record labels have moved to distance themselves and disapprove of the riots.

Id seem a little bit where he was falling down the Trump/conspiracy rabbit hole. Seems he was in deep.

Rare White Ape
January 11th, 2021, 05:41 PM
Yeah there's a surprisingly large number of metal bands or their members on the alt-right spectrum. I always do a cursory search when I am taking stock of what bands I like, or potentially like.

Thankfully, legends like Gama Bomb are good and worth listening to, and are openly progressive with their political stances.

Yw-slayer
January 11th, 2021, 06:01 PM
HAY GUYZ, English-language media based in the west who unanimously described HK protesters who occupied and sacked our Parliament (and did far greater damage) as "activists/protesters" are also now unanimously referring to the Capitol occupiers as "rioters" and the incident as a "riot".

The same media going on and on about lack of freedom of expression, oppression in Eastern countries etc. are now pumping out articles to justify deplatforming and saying "this is enough or too much" etc.

I'm definitely not into conspiracy theories, or a fan of Trump, Cuntpeo, or his cuntbros Hawley, Cruz, Cotton, btw. The point is about obvious media bias, but not in the Trumpian/Cuntian way the phrase is being used.

Rare White Ape
January 11th, 2021, 06:08 PM
YW you’re not being patriotic enough.

Tom Servo
January 11th, 2021, 06:27 PM
Notable that if someone deleted a post, it didn't actually delete it, it just gave a notice that it was deleted while it was still being hosted on the server in the background.

That's really common, it's incredibly rare that sites actually delete the posts you delete. Usually because a) you want to keep stuff around in case the authorities come asking for evidence and b) it can be a nightmare dealing with actual deletions if you're using foreign key constraints on a database. So, we usually just set a non-null value in "deleted_at" in the database and don't show it in that case.

That said, I'm not shocked that Parler had pretty shoddy coding and security. It's hard to attract good talent and I can't see Parler doing a particularly great job of that.

Rare White Ape
January 11th, 2021, 07:16 PM
The free market decided, then?

Yw-slayer
January 11th, 2021, 08:19 PM
YW you’re not being patriotic enough.

Dude, I'm Malaysian. I'm just pointing out the obvious media bias and agenda. All media are biased and have an agenda.

As for the cuntbros, they talked shit and were happy to lie about a place they know nothing about, and care even less, about just to score points and stay in power. Fuck them all.

JoshInKC
January 12th, 2021, 04:31 AM
Yeah there's a surprisingly large number of metal bands or their members on the alt-right spectrum. I always do a cursory search when I am taking stock of what bands I like, or potentially like.
Yeah, I had to give up on Megadeth years ago. My personal theory is that a lot of the metal guys started out with a second option bias (https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Essay:Second-option_bias)which calcified into "What seems like mainstream opinion? Well, I'm against that." That then turns into crank magnetism.

Rikadyn
January 12th, 2021, 05:09 AM
Iced Earth is great until Glorious Burden where Ripper became the singer...

FaultyMario
January 12th, 2021, 06:54 AM
and... the lockdown procedure from last Wednesday is now considered a superspreader event. many people didn't feel the need to wear a mask while being in a room full of their colleagues where they couldn't keep physically distant.

Crazed_Insanity
January 12th, 2021, 07:06 AM
I guess congress is actually representing the people of our nation pretty well...

And divided, America falls.

drew
January 12th, 2021, 07:07 AM
and... the lockdown procedure from last Wednesday is now considered a superspreader event. many people didn't feel the need to wear a mask while being in a room full of their colleagues where they couldn't keep physically distant.

While I'm all for this, the shit part is congress members are now testing positive. Maybe that's the point?

Crazed_Insanity
January 12th, 2021, 07:40 AM
Yeah, who cares about them rioters? It's the republican maskless mouth breathing lawmakers infecting their colleagues during the lockdown...

Who knows, maybe the rioters were filling the place with the virus in the air too...

FaultyMario
January 12th, 2021, 10:17 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Erixa9kW8AUdBd-.jpg

http://www.asciify.net/ascii/thumb/15108/lenny-chef-kiss.png

Crazed_Insanity
January 12th, 2021, 10:37 AM
Do, a deer a female deer
Ray, a drop of golden sun
Me, a name I call myself
Fa, is anti-antiFA...

Rikadyn
January 12th, 2021, 11:09 AM
The FA stands for "fascist action" anti-fa came about as a means for leftist to work under instead of the usual infighting.

Crazed_Insanity
January 12th, 2021, 11:29 AM
America is most definitely the land of the free so that our citizens are allowed to believe as antifa left and as antiantifa right at the same time...

Anyway, kinda miss the usual infighting, hope Americans will come to their senses that we don’t need this kind is extreme fighting...

2ndMoparMan
January 12th, 2021, 11:52 AM
FBI and DOJ aren't fuckin around. https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1349091338856275968

Wonder if the funding for travel for some of these people would fall under the RICO act.

Rare White Ape
January 12th, 2021, 11:59 AM
Here’s some relaxing reading for your Wednesday morning, or whatever the time is, wherever you are in this great nation of ours.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/01/worst-revolution-ever/617623/

Crazed_Insanity
January 12th, 2021, 12:36 PM
Not a very relaxing read at all... those 'revolutionists' obviously were idiots and didn't even know what to do once inside the building. They may be Trump's most diehard supporters, but surely not the only supporters.

Even if we could safely remove Trump and all those idiots and lock them all away indefinitely, as if surgically remove a cancerous tumor, will America be truly healthy again? I think not.

Yet, do I still have faith in Americans, even in those who believe in the opposite of my belief? Yes.

I like this kind of diversity, just hopefully we can tame down the violence part...

If we end up in another civil war, we might not have another Lincoln to save this nation...

drew
January 12th, 2021, 01:44 PM
It's just a shame people died for "this".... Mostly the cop, but still a waste on the behalf of the others. DJT and some of the GOP should be on the hook for the 5 deaths.

If not for that, this shit would almost be hysterical.

Rikadyn
January 12th, 2021, 03:08 PM
Cop was also a Trump supporter which doubles the irony

MR2 Fan
January 12th, 2021, 03:14 PM
more Americans died in the Capitol riot than died in Benghazi

sandydandy
January 12th, 2021, 03:16 PM
But her emails.

Rare White Ape
January 12th, 2021, 03:34 PM
those 'revolutionists' obviously were idiots and didn't even know what to do once inside the building. They may be Trump's most diehard supporters, but surely not the only supporters.

They have all been used as vote fodder by the real lizards in charge, and there will be may more of them at the 2024 election.

drew
January 12th, 2021, 04:31 PM
They knew where Pelosi and Schumer's offices were. Saying they were aimless is a little naïve.

Rare White Ape
January 12th, 2021, 04:56 PM
Ehhhh it's not hard to google where those offices are (try it for yourself!) but with hundreds of dipshits roaming about the place someone had to find them eventually.

Tom Servo
January 12th, 2021, 05:44 PM
I was just reading Ars Technica's article about the Parler hack. It was...not much of a hack, but it was truly amateur level shit from Parler. It had nothing to do with the hacky trial version of Okta they were using, they had a public facing API that didn't bother checking auth at all and used entirely unobfuscated/unencrypted IDs for posts. It was literally just a matter of automating a script to do something like request https://api.parler.com/posts/1, https://api.parler.com/posts/2, etc etc until you ran out of posts.

Just not even a single thought about security or user's privacy at all, a wide open door sitting there waiting to be sauntered through.

Tom Servo
January 12th, 2021, 05:51 PM

Speaking of... (https://www.cjr.org/first_person/heavy-metal-capitol-spotting-nazis.php)

Rare White Ape
January 12th, 2021, 10:05 PM
Ooooh, yep. As about as detailed as I could ever imagine. It seems to be centred around the northern European black metal scene. A few bands I like are uncomfortably close to association with some infamous artists.

sandydandy
January 13th, 2021, 05:57 AM
I watched C-span last night as they were debating and voting on a resolution to ask Pence to invoke the 25th. Seemed like a complete and utter waste of time, as Pence had already dismissed the idea. Why didn’t they just start impeachment proceedings yesterday? What a joke.

So fuck Pence, the spineless coward. To quote Triump: “Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done”. Wasn’t true a week ago, but definitely true today.

MR2 Fan
January 13th, 2021, 06:13 AM
yeah, congress's procedural procedures often seem like a waste of time

FaultyMario
January 13th, 2021, 09:09 AM
Speaking of... (https://www.cjr.org/first_person/heavy-metal-capitol-spotting-nazis.php)

Great Read! Thanks, Swerv!

FaultyMario
January 13th, 2021, 09:22 AM
I watched C-span last night as they were debating and voting on a resolution to ask Pence to invoke the 25th. Seemed like a complete and utter waste of time, as Pence had already dismissed the idea. Why didn’t they just start impeachment proceedings yesterday? What a joke.

So fuck Pence, the spineless coward. To quote Trump: “Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done”. Wasn’t true a week ago, but definitely true today.

I dunno, I kinda buy his explanation that making a wide interpretation of the 25A would create a precedent that opens the door to unintended consequences.

He is still a Wuss, though. I believe the role of the vicepresidential figure is advisory, that it should help a head of state contrast what his inner circle tells him against what the political factions around the republic's leadership demand from the central government. If that were to be the case, he should have reigned him in years ago.

Crazed_Insanity
January 13th, 2021, 10:49 AM
Great Read! Thanks, Swerv!

Interesting read, but I’m not really a metal fan so...

On this forum, I only know for sure DN and YW like heavy metal, but surely they are not white supremacy fascists...

Anyway, I don’t really care how they call themselves, if you think it’s justifiable to cage people without due process, you’re in the wrong.

If you think you need to preemptively kill or hurt others in order to save yourself or your kind, you’re in the wrong.

Both fascists and antifascists can be in the wrong that way. USA also has been wrong plenty of times before Trump. Trump simply not only failed to make our nation great again, he has made us way worse.

Rare White Ape
January 13th, 2021, 11:05 AM
https://eand.co/america-needs-to-break-the-back-of-its-fascist-movement-now-or-else-d415b4b75a3f

Crazed_Insanity
January 13th, 2021, 11:09 AM
I dunno, I kinda buy his explanation that making a wide interpretation of the 25A would create a precedent that opens the door to unintended consequences.

He is still a Wuss, though. I believe the role of the vicepresidential figure is advisory, that it should help a head of state contrast what his inner circle tells him against what the political factions around the republic's leadership demand from the central government. If that were to be the case, he should have reigned him in years ago.

Yeah, my sentiments as well.

From a Christian’s view point, at least based on the pussy grab incident, I didn’t think he was being a wuss. He didn’t defend Trump on that scandal at all and distanced himself. In the end, obviously he has forgiven or overlooked it... I’m assuming Trump repented? There’s no reason why a Christian should behave so ‘unforgivenly’... just as if Bill Clinton asks for forgiveness, surely most of us would give him that and wouldn’t mind he finishes his term in office.

If Pence is fully aware of all the evils Trump has done and didn’t reign him in, then yeah, I’d agree he’s a fucking wuss. However, i just don’t know that detail and it seems Trump is not that close with Pence, at least compared to his children. He was probably just a loyal pawn used to win more Christian votes. What else is Pence really good for?

If I were VP, would I do it? Yeah! I’d probably have done it or resigned, not now, but long ago. However, if he’s a genuine supporter of trump for the past 4 years, I can understand he probably doesn’t want to do it now...

drew
January 13th, 2021, 12:23 PM
Impeachment Part Deux passed. By now McConnell "I agree with the impeachment" won't take it to the floor for the senate trial.

This comes as no surprise, nor should it, to anyone

Fuck McConnel.

Crazed_Insanity
January 13th, 2021, 12:35 PM
Saw an interview of James Comey... he's saying we shouldn't impeach/indict/charge/or whatever else Trump. Best punishment for him is to just let him flame out and never to be heard from again.

With internet/social media cutoff, his bankers cutting him off, PGA breaking off with him, his brand is doomed.

Biden should just get on with business and we all should just forget about Trump.

I agree mostly with that sentiment, but we must guard our government come 2024... and ensure that Trump or anyone like him won't be able to run...

sandydandy
January 13th, 2021, 12:41 PM
Impeachment Part Deux passed. By now McConnell "I agree with the impeachment" won't take it to the floor for the senate trial.

This comes as no surprise, nor should it, to anyone

Fuck McConnel. It’s a bad idea to delay this, as more time will allow these suddenly outraged Republicans to to revert back to Retrumplicans.

Crazed_Insanity
January 13th, 2021, 12:47 PM
Bad for you, and most of us, but good for him. The sneaky turtle wants to please the rich established republicans and the poor and deplorable republicans all at the same time. So pay lip service and say 'yeah, we should impeach' and then don't do anything about it is probably the only way to satisfy both groups.

Hope Kentuckyans will eventually wake up like Georgians when Mitch's term is up...

Rare White Ape
January 13th, 2021, 01:59 PM
Trump impeached for second time in house of reps. Vote:

225-194

Senate needs 2/3 majority to confirm.

neanderthal
January 13th, 2021, 06:26 PM
And to think of the fury directed at Colin Kaepernick because he kneeled to bring attention to extra judicial killing of black people by police.

neanderthal
January 13th, 2021, 06:31 PM
197 Republicans (0 Democrats) voted against impeaching someone who incited a crowd to insurrection. And five people died. 5 actual people.

But, you'll hear people saying both parties are the same.

There are very stark differences between Democrats and Republicans. If you don't see them I have to question how much attention you're paying.

Tom Servo
January 13th, 2021, 07:11 PM
I think there's some truth to reports that there are Republicans who are literally afraid of being murdered or family members being murdered if they vote for impeachment.

'Course, one would like to think our elected officials wouldn't negotiate with terrorists, but oh well.

neanderthal
January 13th, 2021, 08:53 PM
I think there's some truth to reports that there are Republicans who are literally afraid of being murdered or family members being murdered if they vote for impeachment.

'Course, one would like to think our elected officials wouldn't negotiate with terrorists, but oh well.

Not to mention, the squad voted for impeachment, making them braver than those weasely fuckers.

neanderthal
January 13th, 2021, 08:54 PM
Well, this (https://theappeal.org/the-cops-at-the-capitol/?utm_source=The+Appeal&utm_campaign=cd36173574-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_08_09_04_14_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_72df992d84-cd36173574-58398699) explains a lot.

Crazed_Insanity
January 13th, 2021, 09:30 PM
Defunding those specific police on the list should help the cause of BLM greatly.

Crazed_Insanity
January 13th, 2021, 09:39 PM
Anyway, both German and Mexican leaders, neither one of them is a friend of trump but spoke against how the big tech companies shut trump down...

What do you guys think of that?

Personally I have no sympathy for Trump, but I have to agree this kind of whole sale ban is probably not necessary and it may also inadvertently push the trumpian extremists even further to the extreme...

Tom Servo
January 13th, 2021, 10:15 PM
We all worried that it was going to do that to Milo Yiannapoulos too. Yes, I understand, you're also asking "who?"

I get the fear, but *not* doing it lead to the President of the United States inciting an insurrection against his own government. I don't think not acting was an option.

Rare White Ape
January 13th, 2021, 11:32 PM
These are my arguments in support of the move by various companies to restrict Trump:

1. Free speech only limits the government from prosecuting you for what you say; It does not apply to private institutions
2. Free speech is not free of consequences
3. Social media platforms each have a T.O.S. which users agree to while signing up for the service
4. Social media platforms also have an obligation to ensure that certain types of speech (I.E. incitement to violence) are not allowed to be broadcast

However:

1. We should be weary of allowing singular large organisations to determine what messages are allowed to be seen
2. We should also be weary of the laws that dictate what they can and cannot broadcast on our behalf
3. And we should be weary of the governments that create these laws

Note that 'weariness' doesn't mean I am against the law in question - preventing the incitement to violence is something that I definitely do support for obvious reasons. What it does mean is that we can hold governments to account if we think they have overstepped the line by limiting the free sharing of ideas.

Here's something I am definitely against:

1. The slippery slope argument

That is all.

FaultyMario
January 14th, 2021, 12:51 AM
I would like to remind you all that the trump administration has not contacted the families of six hundred and eleven children who are held separate from their parents since they were detained trying to cross into the United States. For eighteen of those minors, public servants have no contacts of their parents.

Let that sink in.

A needlessly cruel policy is run by incompetent sadists.

A government program with no other objective than to cause emotional pain has ruined the lives of ay least 18 children.

That is the legacy of president trump.

FaultyMario
January 14th, 2021, 12:53 AM
i couldn't give two shits about his Facebook, about his Twitter.

Fuck him, the worthless piece of shit.

Blerpa
January 14th, 2021, 02:12 AM
According to italian constitution to ben an italian you must be antifascist.
According to our constitution fascism is a crime, nor an idea or an opinion.
Ergo, you cannot do propaganda and/or create fascism parties or groups by law in here.
You can only think fascist ideas on your own, and that's it.
(That's the theory, practice is different, unfortunately).

So... no, for what concernes me, there's no freedom of speech allowed for fascists.
Popper theory and all that: total intolerance of democracy towards intolerant (fascist) ideas and personalities.

Fuck Trump.

Rare White Ape
January 14th, 2021, 05:44 AM
What Italy is known for:

Roman Empire
Pasta
V12 sports cars

Thankfully it is not known for fascism. That’s waaaay down the list.

sandydandy
January 14th, 2021, 06:14 AM
Fuck Trump. I just did a "fuck Trump" search in this thread for the hell of it. 3 pages of results, in which neanderthal and drew have 90% of it covered.

FaultyMario
January 14th, 2021, 07:04 AM
What Italy is known for:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eo5OPChW8AAjzxT.jpg

Mo' better?