PDA

View Full Version : Politics

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101

FaultyMario
July 22nd, 2022, 10:18 AM
I don't think legitimacy means what you think it means.

Crazed_Insanity
July 22nd, 2022, 11:08 AM
I don't doubt the 'legitimacy' of his 2016 term and I'm glad his didn't win 2020, one way or another.

There are certainly dumbass deplorable Trump supporters out there, but I can't blame them for loving a president who managed to deliver them a decent economy and relatively cheap gas prices.

Were those things accomplished at the expense of out of control climate issue? Perhaps. However, it's not like the world can afford to deal with climate change right now. We are experiencing way more pressing issues than climate change.

NATO really should've been disbanded along with the fall of Berlin Wall... or we can claim mission accomplished by allowing Putin to join NATO and then just be prepare to fight invading aliens from outer space...

I honestly do not know how US is planning to deal with Russia, China, Iran, Saudi... actually nevermind our foreign enemies, we might even have to fight another civil war just to get our own house in order.

Trump is obviously not the root cause of all our problems. Hanging him can perhaps give us some satisfaction, but won't really solve anything. It's also amazingly annoying that so far, we're unable to impeach him or prevent him from running again. Something is definitely wrong with our laws... or perhaps we failed to setup sufficient laws... if we have such laws in place, RvW also would never be an issue. Conflict of Interests should also be enough reason to disqualify Trump from becoming president in the 1st place. Our politicians purposely want to stay vague and ambiguous... so that they themselves can get away with stuffs or just kick the can down the road... Our leadership are simply more concerned with their next reelection or next quarter profits rather than seeing things longer term. As we fight more and more immediate fires around the world, it'll be even more difficult solve those longer term problems...

2ndMoparMan
July 22nd, 2022, 11:42 AM
Bannon found guilty of contempt of congress. Any bets on him getting anything more than the bare miniumum sentence?

JSGeneral
July 22nd, 2022, 01:28 PM
Bannon found guilty of contempt of congress. Any bets on him getting anything more than the bare miniumum sentence?

IF he's only getting the min, I'd also settle for forcing the prick to have a haircut.

Tom Servo
July 22nd, 2022, 03:47 PM
I saw something saying there's actually a minimum sentence of 30 days in jail for that, which seems surprising.

FaultyMario
July 22nd, 2022, 04:04 PM
I feel there's an analogy between The Orange Mafia and Radiohead/The Smile.

MR2 Fan
July 22nd, 2022, 06:29 PM
Bannon's sentencing won't happen until OCTOBER.....geez things move slowly...not sure if he'll remain in custody until then

Rare White Ape
July 22nd, 2022, 07:10 PM
Gotta weigh up the circumstances and come to an appropriate level of punishment. The court IS an independent arm of government from the legislature.

I would prefer they take their time and do the right thing than haphazardly reach a conclusion. After all, if they apply justice fairly to Bannon, then they will apply it fairly to the everyday citizen too.

FaultyMario
July 22nd, 2022, 07:32 PM
Liberal (representative) democracies are not very good at punishing propagandhis.

Rare White Ape
July 22nd, 2022, 07:42 PM
Unrelated: Mario can you clear some space in your PM inbox pls thx bro

Rare White Ape
July 26th, 2022, 06:28 AM
Time for you American dipshits to be edumacated on politics like us Aussie fuckwits have been for a while :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL5LaLT2BJM&ab_channel=thejuicemedia

Crazed_Insanity
July 26th, 2022, 08:51 AM
Thomas and Alito are both above 70...

I think Alito seemed fairly healthy but not sure about Thomas.

USA is definitely not a theocracy nor do I wish it to become a theocratic state, but may God still show some mercy on USA. We cannot just turn left or just turn right. Enough of oval racing! Help us move forward!!!

2ndMoparMan
July 26th, 2022, 04:06 PM

USA is definitely not a theocracy nor do I wish it to become a theocratic state, but may God still show some mercy on USA. We cannot just turn left or just turn right. Enough of oval racing! Help us move forward!!!

Coming close to it.

Dicknose
July 26th, 2022, 05:50 PM
It does seem the the Supreme Court has some fucked up concepts. No term limits seems amazing considering the power they have. They are suppose to be outside politics but clearly they are not when they are a political appointment. So having term limits, even if its 20 years, and offset all the terms would mean that appointments would be regular and evenly done. At the moment it seems like its a luck of the draw and could get stacked one way for a long time.

Honest Ads are good, they get to the point and give you a small chuckle (even if that's followed by tears)

Crazed_Insanity
July 26th, 2022, 08:54 PM
I always thought our 3 branches of government was modeled after the trinity. Executive branch is the heart of a nation, legislative branch represents the body of a nation and judicial branch is the spirit of the nation.

Allowing the justices to be able to make the right decisions answering only to their conscience or their god is a good idea. The right thing isn’t always the popular thing to do. So I don’t have any issue with how the Supreme Court is setup.

Yes, obvious we now have a problem on our hand. Supreme Court really shouldn’t be this divisive… either you make a decision or you allow people to make their own decision, why shift responsibility to state government? Allowing half the state to do one thing and the other half to ban it? How can this be good for our Union?

Laws were made in accordance to appropriate time period. This is why Old Testament had bunch of seemingly stupid crazy laws. We can’t always go by what Moses said… we have to figure out what’s the spirit of the laws… Jesus summed up to love God and love one another.

For America, what’s its spirit? I’d say freedom. Of course with great freedom, we also should not forget responsibility. Now, our court avoided the responsibility and yielded to the states… allowing them to limit peoples freedom. It’s about as unamerican as it can be.

Hope we as a nation can make it thru this dark period.

Crazed_Insanity
July 27th, 2022, 07:45 AM
https://news.yahoo.com/us-military-making-plans-case-040959335.html

Pelosi's trip to Taiwan was suppose to be back in April, but a positive Covid test has delayed her trip to august. She'd be the highest ranking US official to visit the island since decades ago by Newt.

Anyway, not really sure what's the purpose of her visit though. Even Biden Admin is saying it's not a good idea to go at this time. The trip is also still unconfirmed. So why is this still circulating in the news?

Since Taiwan is not considered an independent nation and could never actually join NATO, this is the best 'someone' could do to fan the flames?

Anyway, it's nice to have US official show support for Taiwan just like it's nice to see Maverick's flight jacket with actually taiwanese flag again..., but I really don't want to see Taiwan end up like Ukraine. Hope you'll announce canceling the trip so US military around the region can also be less nervous...

Rikadyn
July 27th, 2022, 02:36 PM
We should follow the Spanish example and make a few new astronauts.

Crazed_Insanity
July 27th, 2022, 09:38 PM

Interesting. My prayer answered so quickly. We now have a Forward Party!
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclusive-former-republicans-democrats-form-new-third-us-political-party-2022-07-27/

Unfortunately I don't really trust Andrew Yang anymore after his mayoral run... I just don't think his integrity is as solid as Bernie's...

However, having a viable 3 party option will definitely be nice.

Also, Joe Manchin had a surprise change of mind? This may further help dem's mid term chances.

Crazed_Insanity
July 28th, 2022, 09:56 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/mitch-mcconnell-scheme-thwart-democrats-015029531.html

Maybe I was wrong about Joe Manchin. Apparently he helped the dems outsmart Mitch!?!?!

It's so refreshing to see dems out fox the GOP! :)

Tom Servo
July 28th, 2022, 07:42 PM
Brandon Straka, who was the founder of "Walk Away" (ostensibly a political group encouraging democrats to leave the party behind and join the Trump Train), was being charged with crimes related to January 6th.

He's apparently has agreed to cooperate with the DOJ for a lighter sentence and has provided info to the FBI about people organizing the 1/6 insurrection, including at least one person the DOJ was not aware of. His attorney says that it's info "sufficient to convict" a Nebraska man who as of yet hasn't been charged. Ali Alexander, the "Stop the Steal" guy, is one of the people he's provided information on.

As a reporter I follow joked, "Let's Go, Brandon" indeed.

Rare White Ape
July 28th, 2022, 08:16 PM
Well, if he's involved with members of the Democrats party then surely the Democrats have something to answer for regarding Jan 6th too.

(or some sort of both-sidesing train of nonsense that is specifically designed to give Tom a headache just by reading it)

Tom Servo
July 28th, 2022, 09:21 PM
Good lord, you gave me a fright there.

Crazed_Insanity
July 28th, 2022, 09:42 PM
Well, if he's involved with members of the Democrats party then surely the Democrats have something to answer for regarding Jan 6th too.

(or some sort of both-sidesing train of nonsense that is specifically designed to give Tom a headache just by reading it)

You stop it. No need to give Swervo unnecessary headaches!

MR2 Fan
July 31st, 2022, 08:23 AM
Biden has COVID again...or he never stopped having COVID and he had one false negative?

Tom Servo
July 31st, 2022, 10:17 AM
That's been a thing with Paxlovid. People call it the Paxlovid rebound, but what I've read is that basically you were already going to have a long bout with Covid and Paxlovid kept it suppressed during the worst part of it. From what I gather, he tested positive but feels completely fine, so at this point is essentially asymptomatic.

Crazed_Insanity
July 31st, 2022, 10:39 AM
I think same thing happened to Fauci. That drug was just meant to keep people out of hospitals, not to keep you negative.

I think the only drawback of positive test is that you need to isolate again.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/how-long-covid-19-lives-on-surfaces

Crazed_Insanity
August 1st, 2022, 08:37 AM
Since sanctions against Russia isn't working, looks like US is ready for war with China?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/01/politics/nancy-pelosi-taiwan-visit/index.html

Anyway, I wonder what message Pelosi needs to deliver personally to the Taiwanese. Allowing Taiwan to join the NATO too?

If you're going to let a nation join NATO, then please let them join already. Don't flirt with these smaller nations and then allow these nations to be bullied and beaten by their abusive boyfriends!!!

Forever proxy wars need to stop PLEASE!!! May God give president Biden more wisdom... so that in future history books, it won't be saying WWIII was started by the USA, goading Russia and China into wars...

Blerpa
August 1st, 2022, 12:53 PM
Sanctions are not working against Russia? What the hell are you smoking? Their economy is crumbling.

neanderthal
August 1st, 2022, 07:38 PM
Sanctions are not working against Russia? What the hell are you smoking? Their economy is crumbling.

It's billi. Deranged is his normal state.

Crazed_Insanity
August 1st, 2022, 07:46 PM
Russia is still at it with Ukraine if you haven’t noticed. Russia has been crumbling for months. Russians may be hurting but apparently not Putin. Europeans are hurting as well.

Do you honestly see a cease fire near for Ukraine? Isn’t this turning into another forever war?

mk
August 2nd, 2022, 09:54 AM
Good lord, you gave me a fright there.

What about those creative election officials of near future elections?

If Congress is rejecting one state once then next time when GOP has a majority they reject all Dems.
What kind of Congress will that be?

2ndMoparMan
August 2nd, 2022, 10:01 AM
What about those creative election officials of near future elections?

If Congress is rejecting one state once then next time when GOP has a majority they reject all Dems.
What kind of Congress will that be?

It won't be.

dodint
August 2nd, 2022, 11:03 AM
If nothing else I'll enjoy the squirming:

She is among seven Florida clergy members — two Christians, three Jews, one Unitarian Universalist and a Buddhist — who argue in separate lawsuits filed Monday that their ability to live and practice their religious faith is being violated by the state’s new, post-Roe abortion law. The law, which is one of the strictest in the country, making no exceptions for rape or incest, was signed in April by Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), in a Pentecostal church alongside antiabortion lawmakers such as the House speaker, who called life “a gift from God.”

The lawsuits are at the vanguard of a novel legal strategy arguing that new post-Roe abortion restrictions violate Americans’ religious freedom, including that of clerics who advise pregnant people. The cases are part of an effort among a broad swath of religious Americans who support abortion access to rewrite the dominant modern cultural narrative that says the only “religious” view on abortion is to oppose it.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/08/01/florida-abortion-law-religion-desantis/

Crazed_Insanity
August 2nd, 2022, 11:35 AM
Yeah, no religious folks, or I'd even dare to say perhaps no human beings are really pro-abortions. Are there really people who enjoy aborting babies?

End of life is a tricky and personal issue.

Same goes with putting our sick pets to sleep. We can do that to our beloved pets, but we can't do that to our beloved family members or ourselves. Why the double standard?

Why should governments be the moral authority to limit people's options like that? Are we still living in the land of the free? Or home of the slaves? Does the God you believe in really wish to free you or just enslave you?

Let people choose to want to be a parents rather than forcing them to be parents please... and let's try to save more babies already attending school please...

Life and free will are both gifts from God. Christians need to realize Jesus wants people to choose to follow him in order to have everlasting life. Not even Jesus himself could shove eternal life down people's throats.

Dicknose
August 2nd, 2022, 06:10 PM
Not even Jesus himself could shove eternal life down people's throats.
But that's never stopped you from trying

FaultyMario
August 2nd, 2022, 06:32 PM
Not even Jesus himself could shove eternal life down people's throats.

:lol:

Tom Servo
August 2nd, 2022, 06:48 PM
Looks like deep-red Kansas have soundly voted down a proposed constitutional amendment to ban abortion in the state. Last I saw, with 41% reporting, it was 65% no, 35% yes, so nearly a 2-1 margin.

MR2 Fan
August 2nd, 2022, 07:09 PM

Leon
August 2nd, 2022, 07:23 PM
Bringing unwanted and bluntly not-appreciated evangelism into every discussion, regardless of being told to give it a rest please ...

Crazed_Insanity
August 2nd, 2022, 08:24 PM
Yeah, give it a rest DN! :p

Plus, surely there’s a difference between talking about it vs making a law about it.

Tom Servo
August 2nd, 2022, 09:26 PM
Kari Lake and the Gateway Pundit are both already claiming fraud in AZ. Lake is claiming her "data guy" said she was getting 2/3s of the vote. Dunno how you can argue with evidence like that.

MR2 Fan
August 3rd, 2022, 08:37 AM
Kari Lake is ahead by 2% with 80% of votes counted now...but last night when she was behind it was fraud, but just wait, if she wins then it will be legitimate :rolleyes:

Tom Servo
August 3rd, 2022, 08:53 AM
Hah, saw one of the Q types previously saying anybody who just wants to "get past" the "obvious voter fraud" of late night drops should be executed for treason, but is now celebrating Kari Lake's overnight vote totals. Go fig.

Happy to see Ron Watkins just get spanked, though. Downside is, Mark Finchem has won the GOP primary for Secretary of State in AZ - he's one of the crew of election conspiracy theorists running for Secretary of State offices organized by Juan O'Savin, the QAnon guy who claims to be JFK Jr.

Tom Servo
August 3rd, 2022, 08:56 AM
In the meantime, if you haven't been following the last couple days of the Alex Jones defamation trial, that shit has gotten *wild*.

FaultyMario
August 3rd, 2022, 08:56 AM
Don't candidates have data that tells them where the final tally will end with great accuracy?

Doesn't polling place tallies have skewed tendencies that might not be representative of the final count?

The idea I want to convey is that if Lake is claiming fraud, it's probably because she knows the final vote count won't favor her.

Tom Servo
August 3rd, 2022, 09:07 AM
Candidates basically just have polling data, and there's exit polling data that comes on election day, but as we know from the 2016 election, they all have certain amounts of slop to them. Pretty much everyone thought Clinton was going to win until the actual votes started being tallied.

Also, her "data guy" is full of shit no matter what. She currently has 46% of the vote, which is really far off from the 66% she claims to have.

I think Lake is claiming fraud because that's the GOP move right now. If I win, I win, and if I lose, I win.

EDIT: Maybe another example of the slop around this - my understanding was that her opponent wanted to have a 5 point lead after the initial votes came in just after closing, because she knew that Lake would perform better in the ballots that would come in later. She had a 9 point lead and that has now evaporated to being down by 2 points, so her polling data was at least 6 points off.

FaultyMario
August 3rd, 2022, 10:52 AM
Lawyer dude: Did you know that twelve days ago your attorneys messed up and sent me an entire digital copy of your cell phone with every text message you've sent for the past two years, and when informed, did not take any steps to identify it as privileged and as of two days ago, it fell free and clear into my possession and that is how I know you lied to me when you said to me you didn't have text messages about Sandy Hook. Did you know that?

Alex Jones:
https://media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com/image/upload/t_fit-1500w,f_auto,q_auto:best/mpx/2704722219/2022_08/f_mo_jones_apology_220802.00_00_14_18.Still001-f19cdj.jpg

2ndMoparMan
August 3rd, 2022, 02:50 PM
Lawyer dude: Did you know that twelve days ago your attorneys messed up and sent me an entire digital copy of your cell phone with every text message you've sent for the past two years, and when informed, did not take any steps to identify it as privileged and as of two days ago, it fell free and clear into my possession and that is how I know you lied to me when you said to me you didn't have text messages about Sandy Hook. Did you know that?

Alex Jones:
https://media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com/image/upload/t_fit-1500w,f_auto,q_auto:best/mpx/2704722219/2022_08/f_mo_jones_apology_220802.00_00_14_18.Still001-f19cdj.jpg

What a disgusting pile of flesh that thinks it's human. Legit hope he loses everything in this suit.

Dicknose
August 3rd, 2022, 05:47 PM
Don't candidates have data that tells them where the final tally will end with great accuracy?

Doesn't polling place tallies have skewed tendencies that might not be representative of the final count?

The idea I want to convey is that if Lake is claiming fraud, it's probably because she knows the final vote count won't favor her.

Yes you can get pretty accurate predictions from this sort of data. There are a lot of assumptions, they dont always hold! But large numbers of votes can average these out.
So yeah they may have seen a bad trend and were getting in early. Although if numbers were coming back their way then it would be an odd strategy, as mentioned above, the things you claim show fraud are what you might see for your own votes.

ps I just packed away a whole bunch of election tally room passes - going back to early 90s. I was the data modelling and prediction guy. In some cases I would make a call on less than 1%. Actually had some called at 0%, due to timezones a clear trend in the East (earlier TZ, earlier counting) meant safer seats in the west could just be given. The bosses didn't like that, seeing "seat won on 0% counted". Never got any of those wrong, really they were so safe Id confidently call them for the next election!

FaultyMario
August 4th, 2022, 09:49 AM
Mr. Nose, can you point me in the direction of a go-to reference to understand the difference between statistical, computational and mathematical models?

FaultyMario
August 4th, 2022, 02:22 PM
Legit hope he loses everything in this suit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baOwQRuMyvY

1 down, 2 to go.

2ndMoparMan
August 4th, 2022, 03:34 PM
Yeah, punitive is coming. Hope they take him for everything.

FaultyMario
August 4th, 2022, 03:41 PM
Yeah, punitive is coming.

https://variety.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/alex-jones-featured.jpg

Rare White Ape
August 4th, 2022, 04:44 PM
That's good investigative work by the court and the lawyers, but the court's bias is clearly showing with this verdict.

How can we know for sure that the Sandy Hook massacre wasn't staged?

My concern with the massacre isn't purely because of my distrust of the NRA, but the US really shouldn't also be funding court cases that the plaintiff could be funding themselves.

If it's not staged, then the NRA are more culpable allowing such a dangerous market.

Either way, it's lose lose for the NRA, that's why the NRA is not cooperating. If it's staged, then the US may be more culpable. Or there could be a more sinister plot, that somebody from InforWars intentionally leaked his emails to the plaintiffs.

Anyway, I think only Jesus will know the answer. Bottom line is true Christians would not shoot anyone or go on mass shooting sprees :p

FaultyMario
August 4th, 2022, 05:15 PM
Shut up, Mick.

Tom Servo
August 4th, 2022, 05:25 PM
:twitch:

Dicknose
August 4th, 2022, 05:32 PM
For sure...

Dicknose
August 4th, 2022, 06:41 PM
Mr. Nose, can you point me in the direction of a go-to reference to understand the difference between statistical, computational and mathematical models?

It can depend on the context, but generally both statistical and computational are considered mathematical models. Its a square/rectangle kind of thing.

Computational model typically means a complex model with tuneable parameters and lots of data. Its not considered a simple mathematical model (eg weather forecast vs object falling due to gravity). The system may actually be deterministic, but due to being complex or chaotic or insufficient data, it ends up being a prediction. Think weather forecast, modelling of aerodynamics, modelling of complex structures etc.
Unless the system is quite chaotic you can assume more data, more crunching will give a better result.

Now a statistical model is very similar, both require some model/algorithm to make a prediction based on the data.
The difference between statistical model and computational model is more that a statistical model is typically about a system that is not deterministic.. eg humans. So even with better data you might not actually get a better result - especially if you are using past data to make assumptions about future data. That past data could be previous elections, could be votes already counted!
Overall the system depends as much or more of the quality of the assumptions than the amount of data. Especially for elections "the system" is the people and something like Trump can result in people acting quite different to previous elections.

So computational vs statistical is more about the system being modelled than about how they are modelled!

Just to throw in one more thing: Machine Learning (AI)

Machine learning is when there isn't a human built model, but the computer deduces its own model based on the data. Feed it previous election data and results and let it work out patterns. This would also be more helpful if the data was time stamped data, not just the final data. Since you want the model to work as data flows in. So part of the pattern is how the data comes in over time.
The advantage to machine learning is that it could see patterns that are not obvious to humans. The downside is that these patterns might not actually represent causation - they could just be illusions!
These should be more accurate, but would cost a lot more in development and running costs. This style is also quite new. And it is not very transparent.
It can be used to replace both statistical and computational, it doesn't care about the nature of the system, just the data.

Statistical models are easier to build (you can make very simple ones), easier to understand.

Im not sure if anyone has used machine learning on election data.

My system actually had 5 different models that worked on different data. Plus a manual override that is technically a 6th.
The first model worked on data from other areas, eg general swings. This could then be used on an area with few or even no votes counted. It was the least accurate, but worked off the least data. Worked well when timezones meant there could be 3 hours between the start of counting between East and West coast. This would also be useful for the US, Canada and other places with big timezone difference. TV produces didn't like it as showing a predicted result with no votes freaked them. But they did like that the overall totals would go up quickly! So great for "big view", bad for "close up"
Other models used primary vote counts, another used primary vote counts on polling booths compared to prev counts at the same booths.
And since we had preferential (instant runoff) voting there was other models that used preferential counts. The preferential data is the most accurate but also the last to be counted. But it also ran the risk of being completely wrong and needing to be ignored (the electoral commission needed to guess the top 2 candidates in advance, probably got it right 95% of the time.) That issue could be autodetected by the system or manually selected.
So my overall system would slide between models as they got more data, actually giving a weighted average of the models. If the best model had enough data it could be 100% of the final prediction.
Also by having several models the system could also highlight anywhere the models disagreed (either on the winner or if the results differed by more than a preset amount). This could help flag issues. But it also gave us good talking points - something the on-air talent liked. "oh its interesting that our computer is predicting a win for X although they are currently behind on the count - that's because the polling booths counted traditionally go to Y/postal votes aren't included and go to X". So my system was also helping them find things to talk about. It was designed purely to be an on-the-night system.
But this sort of thing is what has been seen with some of these US counts where the leading candidate swaps - my system might have predicted a winner even if they were behind at some points.
These were all human (yes Im human contrary to rumour) designed models - no machine learning. The tuning of the system was actually done by hand - I had some tools, but basically I crunched numbers and then set the parameters. Mostly these were set the same for most seats, with a few seats given extra effort to have an individual tune (due to quirkiness and being close seats, no point putting effort into a safe seat - I had limited time/budget). And generally they were set purely from numbers. It would take a lot of convincing to make my tweak numbers based on actual politics! Amazing how often the tv network would get a political expert to help me and in the end they gave me nothing that improved the models or the tuning.
I didn't need to know the politics, just the numbers!
And my system ran on a single PC computer. It was networked to others, so people had access to the system. But the core data input and crunching was a few programs running on a single server.

I hope that answers your question, sorry (not sorry) about the novel!

sandydandy
August 4th, 2022, 07:24 PM
Alex Jones has fewer redeeming qualities than Rush Limbaugh did. In case anyone thought that wasn’t possible.

Crazed_Insanity
August 4th, 2022, 08:04 PM
That's good investigative work by the court and the lawyers, but the court's bias is clearly showing with this verdict.

My concern with the massacre isn't purely because of my distrust of the NRA, but the US really shouldn't also be funding court cases that the plaintiff could be funding themselves.

If it's not staged, then the NRA are more culpable allowing such a dangerous market.

Either way, it's lose lose for the NRA, that's why the NRA is not cooperating. If it's staged, then the US may be more culpable. Or there could be a more sinister plot, that somebody from InforWars intentionally leaked his emails to the plaintiffs.

Anyway, I think only Jesus will know the answer. Bottom line is true Christians would not shoot anyone or go on mass shooting sprees :p

Shut up Billi!

But you’re darn right about real Christian shouldn’t shoot people like that. Those who live by the guns die by the guns!

sandydandy
August 4th, 2022, 08:09 PM
Shut up Billi!

But you’re darn right about real Christian shouldn’t shoot people like that. Those who live by the guns die by the guns! Sounded like he was doing his best Billi impression.

Crazed_Insanity
August 4th, 2022, 08:26 PM
I hope that answers your question, sorry (not sorry) about the novel!

Too long but I actually did read!

Not sure if you answered Mario’s question but the novel was an interesting read! :up:

Yw-slayer
August 4th, 2022, 11:27 PM

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooofl S+ would read again

Rare White Ape
August 5th, 2022, 03:50 AM
Dicknose I read your whole post about electoral data modelling and I didn’t find a single reference to divine intervention or conspiracy theories so I will score it a 5-out-of-7 in terms of post structure, but I did find it very interesting to read, so will award it the ‘Would Read Again’ badge.

Thank you for providing this information to us. You are as valuable as Manny Bothans, may he rest in peace.

FaultyMario
August 5th, 2022, 07:06 AM
they found child porn in Alex Jones' phone dump.

Yw-slayer
August 5th, 2022, 07:52 AM
But surely he would say ITS A CONSPIRACY lolllolol?

Edit: Or, as he apparently claimed, someone trying to set him up by sending the disgusting stuff to his site's email addresses.

dodint
August 5th, 2022, 08:13 AM
they found child porn in Alex Jones' phone dump.

In 2019.

Crazed_Insanity
August 5th, 2022, 08:48 AM
In other news, China has now put USA on ignore after Pelosi's visit to Taiwan!
https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-summons-european-diplomats-over-043739389.html

There are also bunch of Chinese military exercises all around and over Taiwan.

I really hope Xi isn't as stupid as Putin.

Dicknose
August 5th, 2022, 01:50 PM
Whats peoples thoughts on Brittney Griner in Russia and a possible prisoner swap?
Sounds like they just want to swap people, not that this is a "keep her in prison in the US" deal. Swapping for an arms dealer??

9 years does seem a harsh penalty, but she has confessed to importing drugs into Russia, not a smart move. Some places that would be a death sentence.

I know having a serious conversation with my niece, who was going to the US for school - "dont do drugs", not because they are bad, but if you get caught that's likely to be deportation and refusal to come back. What might be a slap on the wrist to a local could be seriously life altering for you.
Maybe someone should have had the same talk to Brittney.

dodint
August 5th, 2022, 01:55 PM
It is a Plant/Grow situation for me. She went to an unstable country to cash in playing a game and broke the law.

Now people want to enable a swap for a serious criminal. I don't think that is good. If they do a swap she owes quite a debt to the US that will likely go unpaid. Certain media outlets are portraying her as a freedom fighter and victim.

FaultyMario
August 5th, 2022, 03:20 PM
In 2019.

Not in 2019, in the one his lawyer fumbled recently. The parents' lawyers alerted the FBI and it was apparently what YW said, people trying to set him up.

Tom Servo
August 5th, 2022, 03:48 PM
Don't disagree with the thoughts on Griner, but mostly annoyed that lots of people here are decrying her sentence to be outrageous but ignoring a lot of people that the US has also locked up for many years on pretty minor drug charges.

And Mario, pretty sure the "child porn" thing is a 3 year old article that resurfaced and is being passed around as though it's new again. A lot of the disinformation beat people I follow have been calling that out.

FaultyMario
August 5th, 2022, 04:19 PM
OK. I'll take the word of both.

2ndMoparMan
August 5th, 2022, 05:21 PM
45.2 punitiive. Sadly that won't put him on the street like it should have.

Tom Servo
August 5th, 2022, 06:07 PM
Also getting a shitton of differing information about Texas rules about capping punitive judgments. Some are saying they're limited to $750K. Some are saying they're limited to 2 x compensatory + $750k (so $8.95M by my math). Even weirder, you'd think if this was the rule then the judge would have limited the judgment to that rather than leave this for an appeal to cap the judgment and waste everyone's time, so based on that I think it's not as clear cut as the Twitter-sphere is saying.

FaultyMario
August 5th, 2022, 06:12 PM
What if the judge said "fuck it"?

Tom Servo
August 5th, 2022, 06:54 PM
I mean, I guess it's possible, but given how irritated she seems to be with him and his lawyers, I'd think she'd shoot for the maximum that she knew wouldn't get reduced on appeal rather than give him a chance to weasel out of it.

At least there are two more to go, and one I hear should expect significant more compensatory damages as the plaintiffs are claiming they had to sell their home and move twice to get away from death threats.

Rare White Ape
August 6th, 2022, 08:13 AM
Ok now we are talking.

*rookie numbers gif plays*

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-06/jury-orders-infowars-alex-jones-to-pay-49-million/101307632?fbclid=IwAR1YpRnJUC0-HSSxb9WMVNZN2kF0NnHf69JwN0k9gf08Pc_3bdnLltYrasA

Rare White Ape
August 6th, 2022, 08:22 AM
Jones is so into free speech that he even has a company called Free Speech Systems to handle all of the free speech that he was generating. Evidently, having so much free speech requires extra help just to manage the endless geysers of free speech that were being shot forth by this man’s enormously virile brain.

By god, imagine if he had a platform to enable all this free speech without any fear of retribution or consequences or critical assessment. The freeness of his speech could only wash over the rest of us and allow so much freedom that no bad thing would ever happen ever again in the history of the world.

2ndMoparMan
August 6th, 2022, 10:49 AM
I have a better penalty for him, but won't say it here.

FaultyMario
August 6th, 2022, 11:06 AM
I have a better penalty for him, but won't say it here.

They only do it for the money, it seems fair they get monetary penalties.

Crazed_Insanity
August 6th, 2022, 02:04 PM
I am all for free speech, but free speech shouldn’t be completely free from any consequences though. If it does measurable harm, then penalties definitely should apply!

Dicknose
August 6th, 2022, 07:00 PM
They only do it for the money, it seems fair they get monetary penalties.

Good logic.

MR2 Fan
August 7th, 2022, 11:42 AM
the Inflation Reduction Act passed the Senate! it missed the insulin cap thanks to Republicans but other than that it seems to be a very good bill

2ndMoparMan
August 7th, 2022, 03:23 PM
Biden's still boned. Both the house and senate are gonna flip. You think shit's deadlocked now?

MR2 Fan
August 7th, 2022, 03:45 PM
Biden's still boned. Both the house and senate are gonna flip. You think shit's deadlocked now?

Why would they flip? I'm genuinely curious. Dems have a ton of momentum going into the mid-terms which almost never happens. People are pissed at the SCOTUS decisions.

2ndMoparMan
August 7th, 2022, 04:09 PM
Well, if it doesn't the elephants are gonna cry foul and say it was stolen. Like the last time.

Tom Servo
August 7th, 2022, 05:06 PM
That is definitely a given, that's part of the GOP playbook now.

Earlier this year with gas prices it sounded like a given that the GOP was at least going to take over the senate, but now it sounds like it's close enough that nobody's exactly sure how it's going to go. I think there's speculation that the Dobbs decision overturning Roe v. Wade is bringing out some backlash, and after the shock result in Kansas, I think we're back in uncharted territory.

neanderthal
August 7th, 2022, 05:12 PM
Don't disagree with the thoughts on Griner, but mostly annoyed that lots of people here are decrying her sentence to be outrageous but ignoring a lot of people that the US has also locked up for many years on pretty minor drug charges.

And Mario, pretty sure the "child porn" thing is a 3 year old article that resurfaced and is being passed around as though it's new again. A lot of the disinformation beat people I follow have been calling that out.

And we won't even mention the selective application of policing, and prosecution, and imprisonment on said minor drug charges.

neanderthal
August 7th, 2022, 05:24 PM
That is definitely a given, that's part of the GOP playbook now.

Earlier this year with gas prices it sounded like a given that the GOP was at least going to take over the senate, but now it sounds like it's close enough that nobody's exactly sure how it's going to go. I think there's speculation that the Dobbs decision overturning Roe v. Wade is bringing out some backlash, and after the shock result in Kansas, I think we're back in uncharted territory.

A lot of women and moderates who wouldn't normally vote Democratic Party are gonna be voting for them just on that. Quite a few Republican women too.

Republicans really fucked it up with that move.

Now the Democrats just have to constantly hammer the "Republicans voted against capping insulin pricing" for the rest of the year and they should be ok. That one was a slam dunk. Which bill was the one they were high fiving each other for blocking?

Tom Servo
August 7th, 2022, 05:40 PM
That was the PACT bill, the one that funded VA benefits for veterans exposed to things like burn pits in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Crazed_Insanity
August 7th, 2022, 09:25 PM
Momentum is really picking up for dems, I knew overturning RvW will help with midterm, but to see Manchin turn around and screw Mitch over and assist the dems was really something! I won’t be bad mouthing Manchin for a while now.

The only thing I’m worried about is when 2024 comes, dems might ask Biden to step aside and make way for Hillary or Kamala. I’d really hate to see a rematch between Hillary vs Trump again… If that happens again, I’d vote 3rd party again. Not voting Trump and not voting Hillary because it’s THEM!

I’m still bracing for WW3, if that happens, Biden probably will win re-election.

dodint
August 8th, 2022, 05:19 AM
Democrats only vote when there are incredibly compelling reasons to do so. There is never a compelling mid-term election.

Republicans spend all day every day thinking about how much they want to get out there and vote. Many of them are huddled under a blanket with a happy sock stroking it to their ballot as we speak.

Put another way, Democrat wins require moderate centrists to put in a modicum of effort and shift the margin very slightly in their favor. Absent that the GOP will win by default.

Put another way, we get the government we deserve.

Crazed_Insanity
August 8th, 2022, 06:59 AM
Conservatives by nature have tighter asses and more likely control freaks. Liberals by definition are just more care free and most likely don’t even care much for politics when things are good…

Your statement is definitely true, but I hate it when the blame is placed on voters because that is really the worst kind of victim blaming. I already felt like a victim when ‘they’ presented me with Hillary and Trump, and then when shit happens, ‘they’ can continue to blame me for not voting for them. ‘They’ can blame all they want, but I’m not gonna play that game.

Over turning RvW may be the best way for the conservatives to finally shoot themselves in the foot!

Tom Servo
August 8th, 2022, 07:59 AM
I guess none of this is truly surprising, but holy shit some of the exchanges in this article.

Inside the War Between Trump and His Generals (https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022/08/15/inside-the-war-between-trump-and-his-generals)

Crazed_Insanity
August 8th, 2022, 09:00 AM
No wonder America did not have the time and energy to start any wars during Trump's reign. They're busy fighting Trump! :lol:

Also, besides check and balances coming from Congress and Supreme Court... mutiny could be an option for these generals in the name of protecting our nation and constitution, right? However, Trump either didn't cross that line yet or these generals are just too chicken to do the right things at the time?

For congress to successfully impeach the president, dems needed have sufficient support, which they didn't have. Perhaps within the military ranks, there were not sufficient support to start a mutiny either. Capitol Police chief is obviously pro-trump otherwise how could Jan6 happen, right? It's obvious that to them, MAGA lives matter more so they shouldn't be subjected to police in military gears.

Trump had exposed the flaws of our political system. Will DC make the appropriate reforms in order to prevent a future more competent Trump from overtaking the government? Knowing them politicians, most likely not. They will probably figure out other ways to further capitalize on these weaknesses for their own selfish gains. When shit hits the fan, they'll just conveniently blame the opposition party and/or voters like Billi.

If dems win big during midterm, I do sincerely hope folks like Manchin will continue to pleasantly surprise me more. Seriously, if dems can do their job properly, there'll be no more need for Berni Sanders. He really should retire and enjoy life a bit more, rather than continue to fight for us little guys in his age...

2ndMoparMan
August 8th, 2022, 10:24 AM
https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/08/politics/alex-jones-january-6/index.html

lewl

dodint
August 8th, 2022, 10:53 AM
Maybe now the January 6th Committee will do something.

Nah.

2ndMoparMan
August 8th, 2022, 03:15 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/08/politics/mar-a-lago-search-warrant-fbi-donald-trump/index.html

Get. Fucked.

FaultyMario
August 8th, 2022, 04:06 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/08/politics/mar-a-lago-search-warrant-fbi-donald-trump/index.html

Get. Fucked.

But, how would they know where 'the area of the club where Trump's offices and personal quarters' are?

Stupid dumb criminal.

Rare White Ape
August 8th, 2022, 05:58 PM
But, how would they know where 'the area of the club where Trump's offices and personal quarters' are?

Just get the UV light out and follow the trail of cum stains.

Jason
August 8th, 2022, 06:08 PM
Can't say I ever expected a former POTUS to have their personal residence 'raided' by the FBI, but the last 6 years or so have been like that I guess.

FaultyMario
August 8th, 2022, 07:30 PM
Can't say I ever expected a former POTUS to have their personal residence 'raided' by the FBI, but the last 6 years or so have been like that I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9FjrNh7xHY

Crazed_Insanity
August 8th, 2022, 07:55 PM
Hope they find what they’re looking for and act soon because… can’t have him running for 2024 while trying to run away from the law…

MR2 Fan
August 9th, 2022, 06:45 AM
that FBI raid could turn my mid-term election predictions upside down, as much as I'm glad things are happening with Trump...this won't help the dems

21Kid
August 9th, 2022, 07:09 AM

I'd be amazed if they found anything. If there is anything incriminating left... he's dumber than I thought. And I thought he was REALLY dumb.

FaultyMario
August 9th, 2022, 07:24 AM
Just get the UV light out and follow the trail of cum stains.

like somebody said elsewhere:

You can just picture Bannon, Xbox controller in one hand, "yeah guys, the safe is right behind me".

Crazed_Insanity
August 9th, 2022, 08:14 AM
that FBI raid could turn my mid-term election predictions upside down, as much as I'm glad things are happening with Trump...this won't help the dems

Yeah, the raid should've happened as soon as he left office... what's the point of waiting til now? Give him time to clean up his house?

Or at least wait til after midterm...

They better find something incriminating... because if they failed to take down Trump a 3rd time (I'm also counting 2 impeachments), chances are next time 'they' will feel more justified to start another insurrection.

I'm really beginning to feel like this Trump hunting is no longer worth it. Even Fox news is distancing from Trump. Why continue to bring the spot light back on him and rile up the MAGA folks further? We don't need to embarrass him further, we just need to GET him. I hope DOJ can really get him on something. If DOJ failed to get him on something, Trump could probably still run again and win 2024... I can't even imagine what's gonna happen then... :|

Tom Servo
August 9th, 2022, 11:09 AM
I'd be amazed if they found anything. If there is anything incriminating left... he's dumber than I thought. And I thought he was REALLY dumb.

Popehat's got a thread going on Twitter that somewhat addresses that. His contention is that federal judges' first question on getting a request for a warrant is if they have information that the materials they are looking for are there *right now*. It would not be good enough to just show that the materials were there at some point since 1/20/21. His assumption is that there was actionable evidence just recently, possibly from someone cooperating with the investigation, that there were documents currently on the premises that should have been turned over. Part of that assumption is knowing that this warrant will likely be one of the most scrutinized in US history, so they likely wouldn't half-ass it.

Link to the thread in question: https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1556777965937037312

Crazed_Insanity
August 9th, 2022, 11:39 AM
Sounds like DOJ/FBI know what they're doing. Really hope they succeed this time and not give Trump/MAGA supporters more reasons for their false vindications...

Even Mike Pence is not onboard with this unprecedented raid of a president. Looks like it'll either be Trump's head or Garland's head in the end.

Tom Servo
August 9th, 2022, 04:36 PM
I like that the message a bunch of the GOP is coalescing on is "If the FBI can do this to a former president, they can do this to you, too." Uhh...yeah, we know. The FBI getting a search warrant and raiding someone's home isn't exactly a well kept secret or a new thing. I mean, hell, they did the same thing with Rudy Giuliani a year ago, it was all over the news.

The reality of the message is that the GOP apparently think that current and former presidents should be held to a different legal standard than everyone else, that they should be, at least to an extent, above the law.

Rare White Ape
August 9th, 2022, 05:11 PM
They are also missing the additional impression that this is perceived as a form of punishment. But the FBI isn't there to punish Trump, it is there merely to gather evidence.

Punishment comes from the courts, after weighing up the evidence. The bigger fear should be the possibility of a kangaroo court, which is unlikely to occur.

Unless...

*thinking emoji*

Yw-slayer
August 9th, 2022, 05:30 PM
I sitting here loling

Tom Servo
August 10th, 2022, 08:19 AM
Just for a little more hilarity - Trump has his stooges might be downplaying the seriousness of absconding with classified documents now, but Trump himself signed into law an increase in the penalty for doing so from 1 year to 5 years, making it a felony in the process, in 2018. He did this in response to claims that Clinton had classified docs on her email server.

Crazed_Insanity
August 10th, 2022, 03:40 PM
That’d be really funny if he ended up grabbing himself by the little penisy…

Tom Servo
August 11th, 2022, 07:30 AM
Well, that didn't take long, apparently somebody showed up to the FBI office in Cincinatti with a gun. Ended up in a pursuit and is apparently somewhere in Clinton County shooting at officers from a cornfield.

neanderthal
August 11th, 2022, 08:48 AM
Well, that didn't take long, apparently somebody showed up to the FBI office in Cincinatti with a gun. Ended up in a pursuit and is apparently somewhere in Clinton County shooting at officers from a cornfield.

He's doing the exact thing that he doesn't want; getting the feds involved.

sandydandy
August 11th, 2022, 09:26 AM
Well, that didn't take long, apparently somebody showed up to the FBI office in Cincinatti with a gun. Ended up in a pursuit and is apparently somewhere in Clinton County shooting at officers from a cornfield. I thought these people were all about law enforcement and "bleed blue"...:lol:

:rolleyes:

Crazed_Insanity
August 11th, 2022, 10:01 AM
If they ever need to arrest an ex-president, I wonder if FBI would need to give Secret Service the heads up again? Or perhaps they could simply ask the Secret Service to 'escort' the president to the FBI?

Can't wait to find out. Then there'll be chants about not only defund the FBI but also defund Secret Service?

Tom Servo
August 11th, 2022, 10:20 AM
I thought these people were all about law enforcement and "bleed blue"...:lol:

I recently saw someone make the distinction between "the feds" and the local police as the dividing line. Of course, that's all nonsense, as it really comes down to "which one is being nice to me right now." Capitol police aren't feds, and neither are the cops chasing this dipshit into a corn field.

Rare White Ape
August 11th, 2022, 02:05 PM
I thought these people were all about law enforcement and "bleed blue"...:lol:

Also seems like the sort of person who probably would prefer their social discourse to not involve politics.

Tom Servo
August 11th, 2022, 02:48 PM
Merrick Garland gave a pretty good press conference about the whole thing: https://www.c-span.org/video/?522316-1/attorney-general-garland-approved-mar-lago-search-files-motion-unseal-warrant

General gist appears to be - he personally approved seeking the search warrant, a judge agreed that there was probable cause, and the main reason they haven't made much in the way of public statement is to protect the party that was subject to the search and their privacy. He also confirmed that Trump's counsel has a copy of the warrant as well as the receipt of what was taken and is free to share that, and that the DOJ filed to unseal the warrant and will release it themselves if Trump doesn't object.

Last I saw, a judge ordered the DOJ and Trump's counsel to meet and decide whether it can be released and have to have a decision by tomorrow.

Seemed like a pretty solid and matter-of-fact way of putting the ball back in Trump's court. As usual, won't really sway any MAGAts, but I doubt there's much you can do on that front.

Tom Servo
August 11th, 2022, 03:11 PM
The guy who attacked the FBI office in Cincinnati is Ricky Shiffer, who was killed in a standoff later in the afternoon. He was posting all sorts of things leading up to this on Truth Social calling for killing FBI agents and "using violence" because the courts are all corrupt. Was also there on January 6th. I haven't seen any evidence that he actually entered the capitol building, but he definitely went through police lines.

Pretty impressively efficient domestic terrorism pipeline we've got going here.

FaultyMario
August 11th, 2022, 03:23 PM
Donnie has a debt of blood on his tiny hands.

Don't quote me, but someone's going to him to collect, eventually.

It will get ugly.

2ndMoparMan
August 11th, 2022, 04:04 PM
Donnie has a debt of blood on his tiny hands.

Don't quote me, but someone's going to him to collect, eventually.

It will get ugly.

Agree, but he just doesn't care cause he won't get penalized in any way.

Tom Servo
August 11th, 2022, 04:21 PM
Per the Washington Post

Classified documents relating to nuclear weapons were among the items FBI agents sought in a search of former president Donald Trump’s Florida residence on Monday, according to people familiar with the investigation.

FaultyMario
August 11th, 2022, 05:47 PM
Agree, but he just doesn't care cause he won't get penalized in any way.

Dude, what did I say about not quoting me???

Rare White Ape
August 11th, 2022, 06:35 PM
He was posting all sorts of things leading up to this on Truth Social.

Oh thank God he was using Truth Social, and not one of those freedom hating anti-free speech platforms like Twitter or Facebook!!!

Tom Servo
August 11th, 2022, 09:00 PM
Oh dear. https://www.theonion.com/mar-a-lago-assistant-manager-wondering-if-anyone-coming-1819579801

FaultyMario
August 12th, 2022, 01:12 PM
Per the Washington Post

2 boxes containing various documents marked "Top Secret", along with other boxes containing various documents marked "Secret" and "Confidential" were seized in the FBI operation.

2ndMoparMan
August 12th, 2022, 02:51 PM
Yeah, he's in deep, deep shit.

FaultyMario
August 12th, 2022, 03:27 PM
“In layman’s terms, the Department of Justice is alleging that Donald Trump is a traitor,” said Gene Rossi (https://www.vice.com/en/article/bvmjyd/trump-espionage-act), a former federal prosecutor in the Eastern District of Virginia who has worked on national security issues.

sandydandy
August 12th, 2022, 05:35 PM
Salman Rushdie was attacked in New York. Stabbed on stage and is in bad shape. Might even lose an eye according to reports. I blame weak security.

neanderthal
August 12th, 2022, 09:40 PM
what has happened this week with democratic Party politicians and Republicans is going to go down in history, for very different reasons. But, remember, both parties are the same according to billi.

neanderthal
August 12th, 2022, 09:42 PM
It's going to be pretty funny if the information security law put in place by Trump, ostensibly to get Hillary, ends up putting him in jail.

"You arrogant fuck, you've killed us." sailor in The Hunt For Red October.

Rare White Ape
August 12th, 2022, 10:12 PM
Do I put memes here?

Yes, I put memes here.

https://scontent.fbne3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/298284989_10228623051389524_2801351924984830692_n. jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=D48Ocw7IIfMAX-_fN6c&tn=vZaJsNnQ3UFAk2Ay&_nc_ht=scontent.fbne3-1.fna&oh=00_AT-5iWjHtv1VfImU6wXT7npFI1lKQjW89MCushD6FOSHHA&oe=62FBF646

Dicknose
August 12th, 2022, 10:58 PM
"You arrogant fuck, you've killed us." sailor in The Hunt For Red October.

Good use of that!
And nice pulling an old classic for a quote.

Crazed_Insanity
August 12th, 2022, 11:40 PM
what has happened this week with democratic Party politicians and Republicans is going to go down in history, for very different reasons. But, remember, both parties are the same according to billi.

Both parties are the same! Look, they felt discriminated against! And now they want to defund the FBI!!! ;)

Anyway, I really hope they can truly put Trump away this time. However, I do wonder if this move by the DOJ is going to cancel out the move by SCOTUS… hope dems will still have the momentum going into the midterm election…

neanderthal
August 13th, 2022, 06:35 AM
Good use of that!
And nice pulling an old classic for a quote.

Top movie. Classic line.

neanderthal
August 13th, 2022, 06:35 AM
Do I put memes here?

Yes, I put memes here.

https://scontent.fbne3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/298284989_10228623051389524_2801351924984830692_n. jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=D48Ocw7IIfMAX-_fN6c&tn=vZaJsNnQ3UFAk2Ay&_nc_ht=scontent.fbne3-1.fna&oh=00_AT-5iWjHtv1VfImU6wXT7npFI1lKQjW89MCushD6FOSHHA&oe=62FBF646

<golf clap> Bravo.

Tom Servo
August 14th, 2022, 09:20 AM
Relieved Trump Thought Mar-A-Lago Raid Was About All The Bodies: https://www.theonion.com/relieved-trump-thought-mar-a-lago-raid-was-about-all-th-1849391897

Tom Servo
August 15th, 2022, 08:07 AM
Meanwhile, in Canada, the self-proclaimed Queen of Canada got some of her followers to attempt to place an entire town's police force under citizen's arrest. It went about as well as you might expect.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7gb5y/queen-romana-didulo-citizen-arrest-qanon

dodint
August 15th, 2022, 08:23 AM
I always find it refreshing when other countries do dumb things. Nice for America to get to sit one out from time to time.

Crazed_Insanity
August 15th, 2022, 10:05 AM
Let's not forget QAnon was exported from US. China exported a real virus, US perhaps exported something even more problematic.

Moral of the story is that we're all human. All are equally likely to be infected by dangerous virus and ideologies. All are prone to toilet paper runs. Nobody's really better than anybody else.

2ndMoparMan
August 15th, 2022, 10:42 AM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11113825/Trump-claims-FBI-agents-seized-three-PASSPORTS-Mar-Lago-raid.html

Get fucked.

FaultyMario
August 15th, 2022, 12:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FaM9f7SWAAAJxDj.jpg

Dicknose
August 15th, 2022, 04:45 PM
I always find it refreshing when other countries do dumb things. Nice for America to get to sit one out from time to time.

Australia: hold my beer...

So in huge breaking news here it turns out that our last Prime Minister secretly took over several govt roles. He had himself sworn in as a minister in charge of role, while keeping the existing minister. He did this 4 times. Without telling the public. And in several of them, without telling either the existing minister or the rest of his govt.

Quick background (or not so quick!) - we dont have a President, we have a bunch of elected people, the party with the most forms government, they select a Prime Minister and the PM then appoints people as ministers. They then pass laws that usually assign specific powers to these ministers, eg the Immigration minister can approve/cancel visas. Not the PM, not the govt, just the minister. Which the minister did for Djokovic.
So these ministers as "sworn in" by the Governor General, who is basically the local person acting on behalf of the Queen (yeah - Liz). These swearing in are usually done with the media and lots of back slapping.

Anyway during the pandemic our PM, Scott "Scomo" Morrison, decided to have himself sworn in as Health Minister as well as the existing minister. Odd but apparently technically not illegal. Never been done before. They had just passed laws that basically made the Health Minister able to declare just about anything!
So the PM thought it would be good to be a backup (or he just wanted that power as well). The existing Health Minister knew and was ok. Not sure who else knew, the public were not told.
Move forward a bit... he also gets secretly swore in for 2 more positions. And in these cases didn't tell the existing minister, oh by the way Im now also allowed to do your job.
Hmm so now its a year later and there is a controversial mining issue. The minister with the power wants to say yes, the PM wants to say no. So Scomo gets himself sworn up as Resources Minister and then overruled the decision. It was only at that point that the real minister found out. But still the public didn't know.

So this is all very tricky - a PM attempting to be a presidential style single power. Thats against the principles of how our government is meant to work.
The rules dont say there can't be dual ministers, but this hasn't been done before. And to do it all secretly, even from the people involved, is also dodgy as hell. And the governor general said nothing, saying its not their job to announce these appointments as that is up to the PM.
Not illegal, but wrong in many ways. Its like he found a loophole which he used for a decent reason but then got a taste for it and started to abuse it.

Unfortunately many of our "how it works" is by convention rather than constitutional rules. This generally works well until someone is a dick.
I suspect that the UK, Canada and New Zealand would also be open to the same sort of issue. Looking at wiki there are LOTS of Westminster countries including some that you wouldn't guess like Japan, Israel, Denmark, Italy and Thailand. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westminster_system

oh - breaking news, Scomo has said he also took on another role. And he seems not at all ashamed about any of this, which is about right - his arrogance and self importance was always his most obvious feature.

Rare White Ape
August 15th, 2022, 05:02 PM
Breaking news: former Australian PM Scott Morrison has announced that he appointed himself as one of the drivers for Alpine F1 for the 2023 season.

Dicknose
August 15th, 2022, 05:13 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11113825/Trump-claims-FBI-agents-seized-three-PASSPORTS-Mar-Lago-raid.html

Get fucked.

And what's with the attorney-client privilege - he is not a lawyer, so if its documents he also gave to his attorney they wouldn't be covered. Wouldn't it only be documents his attorney holds??
And I could see that they wouldn't have permission to take his passports, that would require a different order. Im guessing that's just fake news!

FaultyMario
August 15th, 2022, 05:56 PM
Mr. Nose has a point. However, most warrant raids include some type of "asset forfeiture" which is often illegal (https://twitter.com/equalityAlec/status/1558840313451409408?s=20&t=bzYEOofrlB7p06BygWz5CQ).

Spoiler alert: most people affected by warrant raids are already vulnerable.

Unlike President Weirdo Fatass.

Rare White Ape
August 15th, 2022, 07:28 PM
President Weirdo Fatass.

Is that his name from now on?

FaultyMario
August 15th, 2022, 07:47 PM
Let's hear from the audience...

Crazed_Insanity
August 15th, 2022, 08:16 PM
My concern at this point is that I hope DOJ succeed this time and won’t end their investigation like them impeachments. That weirdo fat ass had been ignored even by FOX for a while and slowly fading away…, but now we’re seeing his weird fat ass back on the spot light now.

Tom Servo
August 15th, 2022, 10:09 PM
FWIW, apparently the FBI have said his passports were taken by mistake, and told him they would give them back. He then posted his bitchy complaint *after* that.

Scomo sounds really similar to Trump, to an extent. Most of what we knew about during his tenure was ignoring governmental norms, but not outright illegal. It's only lately that outright legal violations appear to be showing up.

Tom Servo
August 16th, 2022, 09:59 PM
Meanwhile, in Canada, the self-proclaimed Queen of Canada got some of her followers to attempt to place an entire town's police force under citizen's arrest. It went about as well as you might expect.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7gb5y/queen-romana-didulo-citizen-arrest-qanon

I like the mayor in this town: https://twitter.com/DianeNTherrien/status/1559623988648763394

2ndMoparMan
August 17th, 2022, 08:49 AM
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/fulton-county/rudy-giuliani-testify-front-fulton-special-grand-jury-wednesday/UZBZSYCQU5CITEWP3XORRUAB3E/

Get fucked you old fart.

FaultyMario
August 17th, 2022, 01:39 PM
https://youtu.be/e5AYFvxp12k

Wyoming is American for 'winning'.

FaultyMario
August 17th, 2022, 05:29 PM
Alex Jones gets off the Trump train.

"Desantis unbelievably good"

Ron is the not-inept far-right man we were warning about.

sandydandy
August 18th, 2022, 07:02 AM

https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7gb5y/queen-romana-didulo-citizen-arrest-qanon :lol:

I saw the headline for that somewhere else but didn't click the article. We have no shortage of dummies in this country. We're catching up to America.

Tom Servo
August 18th, 2022, 07:48 AM
Harriet Mageman, who beat Liz Cheney in the Wyoming primary, went on Fox News to claim that Liz Cheney had not made "any kind of concession or anything else."

Despite the fact that Cheney's concession speech was televised and even I saw parts of it despite not looking for it, Cheney also went on to release a recording of her phone call that she made Tuesday night to Hageman saying "I'm calling to concede the election and congratulate you on the win."

That's I think the most irritating thing about the MAGAts. It's a lie that's so incredibly easily disproven and that will not convince her followers in any way that it's not true.

That said, I have no idea if the Fox News talking head pushed back on that. I would not be surprised if Fox News aired Cheney's concession speech live.

2ndMoparMan
August 18th, 2022, 08:07 AM
https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/18/politics/allen-weisselberg-pleads-guilty/index.html

And in more Trump is fucked news...

Crazed_Insanity
August 18th, 2022, 08:57 AM
Getting more promising...

Liz Cheney's defeat has demonstrated that Trump can still influence greatly within the GOP. If we can't take him down soon, I fear for the future for our nation... I really hope this won't end like the previous 2 impeachments...

neanderthal
August 18th, 2022, 02:37 PM
Trump wouldn't have had any influence if fuckers like you had voted for the woman with the emails.

You still can't tell us what was in her emails that was so concerning.

neanderthal
August 18th, 2022, 02:37 PM
Looks like Liz Cheney might pivot to a presidential run.

Tom Servo
August 18th, 2022, 04:12 PM
My initial thought was "That might backfire - it'd give Trump the out where he could say that one of the people spearheading the January 6th commission was just doing it because they wanted to beat him in the primary", but then I realized that MAGAts will say that anyway, so...

Dicknose
August 18th, 2022, 05:09 PM
Trump wouldn't have had any influence if fuckers like you had voted for the woman with the emails.

Let it go. Thats history. We can only deal with the here and now.
Constantly berating someone for this has just turned into bullying. Not sure if this makes you feel better, or just lets you maintain some rage.
But as someone reading this thread its becoming tedious.

Crazed_Insanity
August 18th, 2022, 08:04 PM
He is correct that I don’t know her emails… nor do I know what documents FBI took from Trump. Fact is that I don’t like both of them. It’ll be super funny to see trump get nabbed by the laws he created to get Hillary. ;)

2ndMoparMan
August 19th, 2022, 09:27 AM
He is correct that I don’t know her emails… nor do I know what documents FBI took from Trump. Fact is that I don’t like both of them. It’ll be super funny to see trump get nabbed by the laws he created to get Hillary. ;)

You know damn well he won't, cause rich and white.

Crazed_Insanity
August 19th, 2022, 09:38 AM
I am afraid of that, but I hope you’re wrong.

I really don’t want him coming back 2024.

Crazed_Insanity
August 19th, 2022, 10:42 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/finland-prime-minister-sanna-marin-drug-test-wild-dance-party-151507226.html

Finnish PM may be finished! (Because she was partying!!!)

OMG, their scandal is catching their young PM dancing too much in a private party? Do they have Covid 0 policy too?

I wish we have their problem.

neanderthal
August 19th, 2022, 09:07 PM
Let it go. Thats history. We can only deal with the here and now.
Constantly berating someone for this has just turned into bullying. Not sure if this makes you feel better, or just lets you maintain some rage.
But as someone reading this thread its becoming tedious.

I like reminding him that his political acumen is about on par with that of a goldfish. A drunk goldfish.

Crazed_Insanity
August 20th, 2022, 11:26 AM
Hey, I don’t mind you picking on Billi because he deserves it, but why you gotta insult poor little goldfish? :p

Yw-slayer
August 20th, 2022, 04:00 PM
I understand the motive, Mo, but I think Billi doesn't care and/or agree. So don't waste your time and energy, man.

neanderthal
August 20th, 2022, 08:15 PM
I understand the motive, Mo, but I think Billi doesn't care and/or agree. So don't waste your time and energy, man.

Every day there's something in the news that reminds me of just how much of a dipshit he is. Sometimes several times a day. If I get reminded, he gets reminded.

neanderthal
August 20th, 2022, 08:25 PM
https://twitter.com/Lis_Smith/status/1561197461242355712?t=VK6MMSQzED7vIx3o5N0JqA&s=19

Tom Servo
August 20th, 2022, 08:32 PM
Yeah, that seems pretty stupid. If Pete were raising money from people on the other end of the spectrum, I'm sure the response would be that he was a rich person demanding more from the working poor. The pictured event doesn't appear to be a "meeting with a couple of wealthy donors and making promises" kinda thing. Notably, Armand responded to one reply with "Who is he raising money from? People who are interested in a strong labor movement? Give me a god damn break." I'm not in the 1% (which admittedly, I've been to Napa and I would say that it's not 1%), but I'm pretty far up there and I'm very interested in a strong labor movement. Also, pretty sure Bernie's even higher up the percentage chart than me or most of the people pictured, so kinda shoots a hole in that statement, don't it?

Also, weird to go after Pete. He seems like he's been an overall decent Transportation Secretary. I'd like to see him take a bit of a bolder stance about making high speed rail a thing in this country like it is in every other first world nation, but it's not like he's been this monster fighting the working class.

Ultimately, dude's shooting himself in the foot.

neanderthal
August 20th, 2022, 08:37 PM
Yeah, that seems pretty stupid. If Pete were raising money from people on the other end of the spectrum, I'm sure the response would be that he was a rich person demanding more from the working poor. The pictured event doesn't appear to be a "meeting with a couple of wealthy donors and making promises" kinda thing.

Also, weird to go after Pete. He seems like he's been an overall decent Transportation Secretary. I'd like to see him take a bit of a bolder stance about making high speed rail a thing in this country like it is in every other first world nation, but it's not like he's been this monster fighting the working class.

Pete's been making a monster case for himself as something far bigger in the future. He, Beto, Newsom, and Madam Vice President are the big cheeses of the Democratic Party's future.
I'd throw Lauren Underwood in there but I don't know if she wants to get involved in the leadership.

Tom Servo
August 20th, 2022, 08:40 PM
Pete's been making a monster case for himself as something far bigger in the future. He, Beto, Newsom, and Madam Vice President are the big cheeses of the Democratic Party's future.

True, but aren't we nearing the end of the days where Bernie will want to run for president? I mean, we're all wondering if Biden should run again when he's 81, Bernie's a year older than that.

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't be sure about Newsom. I like him, but he seems to be incapable of not stepping on his own pud. The guy has been in politics forever and is constantly just doing the dumbest shit to make himself look bad. He's like if Sideshow Bob ultimately had decent governmental policy but also steps on every rake in sight, smashing himself in the face each time.

Also, he vetoed the Idaho stop after we finally got it to the governor's desk and he'll have a hell of a hard time living that down with me.

Yw-slayer
August 20th, 2022, 11:10 PM
Every day there's something in the news that reminds me of just how much of a dipshit he is. Sometimes several times a day. If I get reminded, he gets reminded.

Try not to let the news trigger you, man. It’s tough given that’s how it’s designed nowadays.

Crazed_Insanity
August 21st, 2022, 07:27 AM
https://twitter.com/Lis_Smith/status/1561197461242355712?t=VK6MMSQzED7vIx3o5N0JqA&s=19

Tweet deleted… so not sure what was so upsetting…

If it’s about Pete, I certainly like him more than Kamala. He used to be my favorite early on during the presidential primary because I thought he’s the next Bernie! However, I think he’s just the next Obama. Nice guy. However I’m not sure he’ll ease the antiestablishment sentiment much.

To be fair, Bernie probably won’t be able to bring Americans together either. He’s even hated by the democrats! However I still admire the man for having integrity to remain true to himself. I am puzzled by Tulsi as to why she ended up guest hosting for Tucker Carlson. Similarly Elon Musk moving to Texas and would endorse Ron Desantis for Governor? Well, Biden completely pretended Tesla doesn’t exist and only sees GM as the world EV leader may have pushed Elon over the edge?

Hillary’s probably right, those folks are all probably Russian assets and nobody like them dipshits anyways…

Tom Servo
August 22nd, 2022, 09:16 AM
Fauci plans to retire in December: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/22/us/politics/fauci-retire.html?unlocked_article_code=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CEIPuomT1JKd6J17Vw1cRCfTTMQmqxCdw_PIxftm3iWka3DFDm wYiPkORJCH_0bRZKF4INU6wj-aAcVMLL41Sbpy0upbdQRLejWfn6Glyt4DMjln7sW6RH831JbAG rxo-jS6Mmfpbb51ybH64huNOX3gXaPYzXB2dgZh9cY0fVqg2mcahfu QSp4D0dd12vwqB5p6VG1AMHHM56-0fk04bNaWbRjc6R00UvVZWlzQm92f7LECcmZCGA6MDSM_sStnt oQqaJ5AN73_LhUgZMP1nb4Sb2RtJ4-tDJQwLJPG1D8X9fZkgfU4FpZcTSIogA&smid=url-share

Crazed_Insanity
August 22nd, 2022, 10:09 AM
I honestly do not know who's really telling the truth between Rand Paul and Dr. Fauci. Under normal circumstances, Rand Paul definitely has lower credibility rating. However, as time progresses, I'm less and less sure of that. https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/10/nih-admits-funding-risky-virus-research-in-wuhan

When Trump folks began to discredit you causing you to become ineffective, rightly or wrongly, perhaps that's when you should've stepped down... rather than staying on to be their target. Just like when a company's CEO becomes a distraction, it'd probably time to let somebody else to take over.

Anyway, whichever's the case, I think it'll be good for him to leave during Biden's reign. Plus, it should also help CDC to be able to reform itself better. No more baggages from previous leadership to be in the way. Hopefully history will eventually be able to figure what the heck really happened, but in order for history to truly be able to decide, Fauci definitely needs to step aside. BTW, this is all in-house USA problems that I'm talking about.

Rare White Ape
August 22nd, 2022, 11:38 PM
Fauci plans to retire in December: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/22/us/politics/fauci-retire.html?unlocked_article_code=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CEIPuomT1JKd6J17Vw1cRCfTTMQmqxCdw_PIxftm3iWka3DFDm wYiPkORJCH_0bRZKF4INU6wj-aAcVMLL41Sbpy0upbdQRLejWfn6Glyt4DMjln7sW6RH831JbAG rxo-jS6Mmfpbb51ybH64huNOX3gXaPYzXB2dgZh9cY0fVqg2mcahfu QSp4D0dd12vwqB5p6VG1AMHHM56-0fk04bNaWbRjc6R00UvVZWlzQm92f7LECcmZCGA6MDSM_sStnt oQqaJ5AN73_LhUgZMP1nb4Sb2RtJ4-tDJQwLJPG1D8X9fZkgfU4FpZcTSIogA&smid=url-share

All the best to him. With a record of service such as his, he deserves a good retirement on his own terms. A qualified doctor (as opposed to an elected pseudo-pundit), he always wanted to know where the solution lay, rather than trying to reinvent the past and apportion useless blame.

He has a streak of credibility going back more than half a century, only marred by a brief less-than-one-year spell where the president of the day sought to undermine said credibility for pure political gain, an opinion only shared by the small-of-mind at the time, and to this day. And when people such as this keep parroting the same tired old lies and nonsense you have to begin to wonder why they hold such opinions, HMMMMM? ONE WONDERS!!!!!!

JSGeneral
August 23rd, 2022, 02:40 AM
When [a group of people] began to discredit you causing you to become ineffective, rightly or wrongly, perhaps that's when you should've stepped down... rather than staying on to be their target...

You dish out bad advice to others, but you won't even follow it yourself.

Tom Servo
August 23rd, 2022, 07:02 AM

Crazed_Insanity
August 23rd, 2022, 07:37 AM
You dish out bad advice to others, but you won't even follow it yourself.

What are you talking about? I still follow the System and Jesus! :p

If I'm the CEO of this board, I'd definitely follow my own advice and quit my leadership position.

As a Senior Member, I suppose I need to be downgraded to just a Junior Member?

Plus, the said group of people will never hit their target because they're ignoring it. So I should be safe. Okay, maybe Neanderthal's the exception. He never ignores and never stop pounding on Billi. ;)

Anyway, I hope you see the difference between a guy who's in charge of $6 Billion of funding vs a nerdy average dude. Different strategies may apply in different situations. If you guys think I will run away like roofer? You guys will have to try harder. :p Stepping down from leadership position or any job because you fucked up is one thing. Running away from life is quite another.

To get rid of Billi is simple. Just make a rule stating that this forum only welcomes 'like minded' members. If you have too many regular users putting you on ignore, you'll automatically be banned. Without such rule, Billi will probably visit this forum til he dies. :p

Crazed_Insanity
August 23rd, 2022, 07:43 AM
All the best to him. With a record of service such as his, he deserves a good retirement on his own terms. A qualified doctor (as opposed to an elected pseudo-pundit), he always wanted to know where the solution lay, rather than trying to reinvent the past and apportion useless blame.

He has a streak of credibility going back more than half a century, only marred by a brief less-than-one-year spell where the president of the day sought to undermine said credibility for pure political gain, an opinion only shared by the small-of-mind at the time, and to this day. And when people such as this keep parroting the same tired old lies and nonsense you have to begin to wonder why they hold such opinions, HMMMMM? ONE WONDERS!!!!!!

Boeing has a wonderful streak of safety in the history of commercial aviation as well. Why are people so freaking ungrateful and need to ask the last CEO to step down? Why are people so mean? Why couldn't people just let the Max planes fly as it was? Hmmmm? One wonders why we only need to investigate political oppositions but we should never investigate people who align with us politically?!?!?!

Failure investigations really ought to be apolitical. However, naturally politics trumps science whether in China or in America.

FaultyMario
August 24th, 2022, 05:04 PM
Ron is the not-inept far-right man we were warning about.

https://youtu.be/RQZdN5Md40I

Crazed_Insanity
August 25th, 2022, 08:27 AM
This 3 year old video is still very relevant today I think. It's unfortunate that most people tend to become "bi-polar" politically and rather than fighting off problems, we ended up fighting against each other. Hillary will only exacerbate our problems, and Trump, leveraging off of people's frustrations, has obviously introduced new set of problems rather than solve any problems.

Whether we investigate Trump or Fauci or deciding on some sort of court precedent, I wish we can have some sort of bipartisanship somehow..., but I suppose that's just not possible. It almost looks like we don't really care about solving our problems, but we just want to get those assholes on the other side!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0I7XjPHlkI

MR2 Fan
August 25th, 2022, 09:02 PM
Biden is UP to a 44% approval rating....still way lower than I would have expected after what's happened lately, it should be closer to 50%-55%

Tom Servo
August 25th, 2022, 09:29 PM
The company providing web hosting for Truth Social says that Trump's business hasn't paid its bill since March and owes $1.6 million.

When, oh when, will these people learn that he will do everything he can to avoid paying you?

FaultyMario
August 26th, 2022, 06:49 AM
was listening to the radio in the morning and caught the D.C. correspondent reporting on the FBI raid.

"Donald Trump doesn't know he is not the president anymore".

Rare White Ape
August 26th, 2022, 07:01 AM
How long before the affidavit is released and the FBI justifies its raid?

I mean, the reasons better be good, because all this time they COULD have been investigating Fauci instead, for…

*checks notes*

…recommending that people follow the advice of doctors to protect themselves from COVID-19. Yeah! America!

FaultyMario
August 26th, 2022, 07:17 AM
Not before the eventual trial begins.

It appears they're investigating a breach of national security.

Crazed_Insanity
August 26th, 2022, 07:23 AM
If only FBI could raid the Wuhan lab and see what was US tax dollars being used for. Plus, don't forget Fauci recommended people to not use masks during the beginning of the pandemic. Of course he has his good reasons, we need to save them for healthcare workers, but such move recommend not and then change your mind later can be incredibly confusing to the public.

Your logic is really as good as asking people to not investigate Boeing Max planes because Boeing has done such a great job in the past!

Biden is UP to a 44% approval rating....still way lower than I would have expected after what's happened lately, it should be closer to 50%-55%

44% is already pretty good I think and if he continues to fulfill campaign promises, it should continue to rise.

Remember, Trump peaked at 49%!

Tom Servo
August 26th, 2022, 07:44 AM
I thought the judge ordered the redacted affidavit released at noon eastern, which'd be about 16 minutes from now? Did that change since yesterday?

I expect it to be very heavily redacted, of course, but still out there.

Tom Servo
August 26th, 2022, 08:32 AM
I expect it to be very heavily redacted

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FbGYyYQUUAAfcWc?format=jpg&name=large

Crazed_Insanity
August 26th, 2022, 10:04 AM
That is really really 'heavy' indeed! :lol:

FaultyMario
August 26th, 2022, 10:45 AM
To be expected when, as it has been reported, President Weirdo McFatass casually took boxes of documents pertaining to the U.S. Nuclear Strategy.

Tom Servo
August 26th, 2022, 01:07 PM
Oh yeah, I fully expect most to remain redacted when they're saying that they have multiple sources and appear to not believe they have gotten all the evidence they're after so far.

Rare White Ape
August 26th, 2022, 07:58 PM
I must say, while Trump is a bit of an arse hole, he does sometimes have a sharp sense of humour :lol:

https://i.imgur.com/47n4gvh.jpg

sandydandy
August 30th, 2022, 10:26 AM
Trump just announced a new demand on his social networking site. Reinstate him as president or have a new election immediately.

*snicker, snort, chuckle*

Tom Servo
August 30th, 2022, 11:18 AM
Which I love the convoluted reasoning for it. He demands it because he claims the FBI told Facebook to suppress posts about Hunter Biden's laptop. Which is based on a misinterpretation of something Mark Zuckerberg said on the Joe Rogan show, which was that the FBI reached out to Facebook (and other sites) prior to the election asking them to be more cognizant of misinformation on their platforms. But even if his claim was correct, that wouldn't even come close to being automatic grounds to overturn an election.

Just bonkers nonsense.

FaultyMario
August 30th, 2022, 12:48 PM
Any chance Weirdo McFatass is indicted before the end of the year?

Also, can we cut the chase? It's MeIania, she's the one ratting him out.

Tom Servo
August 30th, 2022, 02:20 PM
Well, it took almost a year and a half for the feds to finally say "we've asked enough, now we're coming to take the documents", so I very much doubt it'd happen that quickly, but what do I know.

Rare White Ape
August 30th, 2022, 02:59 PM
There’s a limit on prosecutions in proximity to an election too. Mid-terms are… soon?

There’s plenty of time to haul his arse to prison (if he’s guilty) between then and the next presidential election.

I’m a bit worried about him becoming a martyr for the RWNJs though. This stench will take a long time to rinse off.

21Kid
August 31st, 2022, 11:40 AM
There’s a limit on prosecutions in proximity to an election too. Mid-terms are… soon?

There’s plenty of time to haul his arse to prison (if he’s guilty) between then and the next presidential election.

I’m a bit worried about him becoming a martyr for the RWNJs though. This stench will take a long time to rinse off.

I'm not sure that's an actual rule. Isn't it more of one side trying to make elections even, while the other takes any advantage possible? Like announcing an FBI investigation about servers kept in one's home. Even though that investigation didn't result in anything.

MR2 Fan
August 31st, 2022, 02:18 PM

limit on prosecutions, but he isn't running for office in the mid-terms and he hasn't announced his candidacy for president, so I don't know why this matters.

Tom Servo
August 31st, 2022, 02:19 PM
One of the better roundups I've seen of all we've learned so far about the Mar-a-Lago nonsense. Things like his lawyers saying that they scoured the storage room and returned everything they found, only now to not only find more things in the storage room, but that there were things scattered all over the place. https://wapo.st/3cx7c6f

FaultyMario
August 31st, 2022, 05:52 PM
Yup, not only Human-sourced intelligence materials (HCS), but also aerial (TK) (https://www.electrospaces.net/2013/09/the-us-classification-system.html) and stuff that was very expensive to gather.

Rare White Ape
August 31st, 2022, 06:53 PM
I'm not sure that's an actual rule. Isn't it more of one side trying to make elections even, while the other takes any advantage possible? Like announcing an FBI investigation about servers kept in one's home. Even though that investigation didn't result in anything.

limit on prosecutions, but he isn't running for office in the mid-terms and he hasn't announced his candidacy for president, so I don't know why this matters.

I should clarify. I’ve read something a few times that states the FBI is reticent to press charges if there’s an election on in case it has an effect on said election. I’m not sure if it’s law or internal policy just the FBI being cautious. The last thing the FBI needs is to look like it is under political influence. And yes, indicting Trump would have an effect on the mid-terms, but would probably not be as much of an influence - at a federal level at least - if there were local or state elections happening.

MR2 Fan
August 31st, 2022, 08:18 PM
Gotcha

Crazed_Insanity
September 1st, 2022, 07:36 AM
It will really suck big time if those investigations resulted in nothing and then we end up having Hillary and Trump in 2024 again.

Let's go Biden! Keep on raising your approval ratings and stay healthy so Hillary can't return and Trump can't beat ya!

2ndMoparMan
September 1st, 2022, 10:43 AM
He's gonna use every stalling tactic in the books.

Dicknose
September 1st, 2022, 03:43 PM
Saw an interesting opinion piece on the Alaska result...
saying that Republicans blame the ranked choice system for rigging the election against Palin, as most people voted Republican but they didn't win the seat, but the story compares this to the Electoral College, which Republicans claim is great, but is not based on popular vote. It points out that the "its rigged" is now the answer/blame for any loss. And that all is ok if they win.

Interesting that this result using ranked choice (Aussies call this "preferential") is exactly what it is meant to do. While most wanted a Republican, they didn't want Palin and in fact enough Republican voters (who voted for the 2nd R candidate) would prefer the Dem than Palin.

Tom Servo
September 1st, 2022, 05:10 PM
Yeah - I wasn't super familiar with how ranked choice voting worked, but after reading up on it it seems pretty obvious that a number of Republicans decided that Palin being a Republican still wasn't enough for them to consider voting for her.

It seems like a particularly fair system and one that would help support more parties, or at least make voting less totally on party lines. My biggest reservation is that at first it seemed like this great thing that got the NYC mayor elected when he normally wouldn't have had a real shot at it, but then it turned out not so great 'cause the guy is a maniac.

dodint
September 1st, 2022, 07:14 PM
The argument I have seen is the AK voters were too dumb to understand ranked choice, since many ballots only had one selection.

Tom Servo
September 1st, 2022, 07:21 PM
That feels like a hard one to land correctly. "I would have been elected if my supporters weren't so stupid!"

FaultyMario
September 1st, 2022, 09:15 PM
Vicepresident of Argentina and and front-running candidate for next year's elections was subject to an assassination attempt. The gun was held point blank at her face and the trigger pulled but it failed to shoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LW5dGKZTAI

Suspect was arrested. Suspect inked with... well... surprise!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FbnfPdKXkAEMZ4s.jpg

Rare White Ape
September 2nd, 2022, 04:17 AM
Oh wow. Fuck. Fuck fuck.

Rare White Ape
September 2nd, 2022, 04:18 AM
What tattooist would be ok with inking that shit on that piece of shit's arm?

dodint
September 2nd, 2022, 05:01 AM
It's very predictable but the GOP mind hive gnashing their teeth about how mean Joe Biden's speech was is pretty rich. A prominent GOP dummy called him the most condescending president in her lifetime. Hmmm.

FaultyMario
September 2nd, 2022, 06:00 AM
What tattooist would be ok with inking that shit on that piece of shit's arm?

The same shit tattooist that did the iron cross on the back of his left hand? (visible in the video).

Drachen596
September 2nd, 2022, 03:22 PM
The argument I have seen is the AK voters were too dumb to understand ranked choice, since many ballots only had one selection.

Apparently Palin was telling her supporters to vote that way in protest of ranked choice ballots.

Rare White Ape
September 2nd, 2022, 05:18 PM
Small online publication gets SUED by one of the white knights of FREE SPEECH, the man who presides over the glowing Fox News and Sky News Australia organisations.

https://www.crikey.com.au/2022/08/22/lachlan-murdoch-letters-crikey-why/

If Crikey was serious about FREES PEECH like the HERO Lachlan Murdoch, then surely they would have put some consideration into posting their story to one of the IMMORTAL and ENDURING bastions of FREEZE PEACH such as Daddy Elon’s Twitter or Donald “Lock Her Up” Trump’s Truth Social, where the TRUTH always saves America.

neanderthal
September 2nd, 2022, 07:18 PM
Saw an interesting opinion piece on the Alaska result...
saying that Republicans blame the ranked choice system for rigging the election against Palin, as most people voted Republican but they didn't win the seat, but the story compares this to the Electoral College, which Republicans claim is great, but is not based on popular vote. It points out that the "its rigged" is now the answer/blame for any loss. And that all is ok if they win.

Interesting that this result using ranked choice (Aussies call this "preferential") is exactly what it is meant to do. While most wanted a Republican, they didn't want Palin and in fact enough Republican voters (who voted for the 2nd R candidate) would prefer the Dem than Palin.

The irony is that it was the GOP who pushed for ranked choice in Alaska; something about ... reducing the chance of a moderate Republican/ RINO winning.

neanderthal
September 2nd, 2022, 07:19 PM
Vicepresident of Argentina and and front-running candidate for next year's elections was subject to an assassination attempt. The gun was held point blank at her face and the trigger pulled but it failed to shoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LW5dGKZTAI

Suspect was arrested. Suspect inked with... well... surprise!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FbnfPdKXkAEMZ4s.jpg

I don't get it; who is he aligned with?

Rare White Ape
September 2nd, 2022, 07:43 PM
The tattoo is a Sonnenrad, AKA black sun symbol popular among cunts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sun_(symbol)

FaultyMario
September 4th, 2022, 07:44 AM
You know you are doing it right when the powerful few are having a stroke about you taking care of your own stuff.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fbzry6GX0AEfmV5.jpg

Let's go Chile!

Rare White Ape
September 4th, 2022, 08:18 AM
Got any further context?

Are they doing anything that might piss off the Yanks? Will they require extra freedom delivered from a fleet of B-52s at 60,000 ft?

Cam
September 4th, 2022, 10:02 AM
Ackchyually... the operational altitude of a B-52 is 43,000 ft. :assclown:

FaultyMario
September 4th, 2022, 10:15 AM
the cia backed the overthrow of the democratically elected government in 1972. The pro-business¹ government that was installed and held for 40 years operated under the constitution their Ann Arbor educated technicians drafted. a few years ago, students and pensioners took to the streets to demand change of the system® that was so obviously rigged against them. they won, and a new constituent was formed and they drafted this very progressive constitution that protects social, economic and environmental rights and, for the first time in human history, it protects the thought rights of people², and today there's a general election in which Chileans will decide whether they approve the new constitution or if they stay with the pro-business one.

¹ Could be called liberal, neoliberal, thatcherite or clintonesque.

² From grifters like Mr. Mvsk.

dodint
September 4th, 2022, 10:25 AM
Apparently Palin was telling her supporters to vote that way in protest of ranked choice ballots.

Like I said, dumb. ;)

Crazed_Insanity
September 4th, 2022, 11:36 AM
the cia backed the overthrow of the democratically elected government in 1972. The pro-business¹ government that was installed and held for 40 years operated under the constitution their Ann Arbor educated technicians drafted. a few years ago, students and pensioners took to the streets to demand change of the system® that was so obviously rigged against them. they won, and a new constituent was formed and they drafted this very progressive constitution that protects social, economic and environmental rights and, for the first time in human history, it protects the thought rights of people², and today there's a general election in which Chileans will decide whether they approve the new constitution or if they stay with the pro-business one.

¹ Could be called liberal, neoliberal, thatcherite or clintonesque.

² From grifters like Mr. Mvsk.

I do not believe that’s how the system® works! :p

Will Chileans prefer Clintonesque or the make Chili Hot Again Trumpetists? Do they have a Bernist option available?

FaultyMario
September 4th, 2022, 11:45 AM
The recently inaugurated president of Chile was one of the organizers of the student protests.

Crazed_Insanity
September 4th, 2022, 12:22 PM
So that’s probably closer to Bernie than Trump…

Hope things work out for them… and I hope our CIA can someday follow some sort of prime directive…

FaultyMario
September 4th, 2022, 01:48 PM
It does.

The problem is not in having freedom delivery devices.

The problem is in having an empire.

You guys were always the evil empire your politicians spoke of.

the CIA's prime imperative is to protect the empire, in case you had that doubt.

FaultyMario
September 4th, 2022, 03:26 PM
New Chilean constitution appears to be losing.

FaultyMario
September 4th, 2022, 08:30 PM
How to tacitly admit you are an idiot:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fb1EqNLWAAAeh_S.jpg

Rare White Ape
September 5th, 2022, 01:59 AM
You guys were always the evil empire your politicians spoke of.

https://i.imgur.com/8ubGFLt.gif

neanderthal
September 5th, 2022, 08:22 AM
Great thread on "what happened to CNN."

https://twitter.com/ReallyActivist/status/1566112660118069248?t=yElJGBbpguLd4SdSsVAXRw&s=19

Crazed_Insanity
September 6th, 2022, 09:44 AM
New Chilean constitution appears to be losing.

Do you know why even Chileans don't like their version of the Bernie Sanders and would prefer the constitution of their dictator?

Perhaps Chileans just prefer status quo for now and make changes slowly... at least they're not under dictatorship anymore?

Anyway, major earthquake at China. Taiwan even offer to help..., but given that lockdowns are still in place post-quake... it's probably not a good idea to get into China to help at this time. Really feel bad for the Chinese people stuck under Xi's rule. Hopefully soon the Chinese can have the options the Chileans have.

FaultyMario
September 6th, 2022, 01:44 PM
Got any further context?

On today's dawn, September 5, 2022, the Federal Police of Argentina (PFA)'s Anti-Terrorism unit conducted a raid on Kyle Rittenhouse cultural center, a major Hoppean Libertarian/Anarcho-capitalist cultural center, located in Central Zone of Buenos Aires, the Capital of Argentina.

Such thing happened after a Libertarian Member of the organization made a livestream celebrating the attack against the Leftist Vice-President of Argentina, Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, on youtube and calling the National-Socialist militant that reportedly tried to kill the Vice-President as a "Argentina's Brazilian Hero"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fb62pf2VsAA8-qN.jpg

Enough already?

Cam
September 6th, 2022, 02:16 PM
Kyle Rittenhouse cultural center

:twitch:

neanderthal
September 6th, 2022, 02:34 PM
One of billi's heros.

George
September 6th, 2022, 05:37 PM
Great thread on "what happened to CNN."

https://twitter.com/ReallyActivist/status/1566112660118069248?t=yElJGBbpguLd4SdSsVAXRw&s=19

I read it all, I think. Makes sense to me. The only thing I question, and this is just silly - nothing serious, is the author calling people over 50 "very very old people" more than once.

I'd be a cord cutter too but have been overruled.

neanderthal
September 6th, 2022, 07:22 PM
I read it all, I think. Makes sense to me. The only thing I question, and this is just silly - nothing serious, is the author calling people over 50 "very very old people" more than once.

I'd be a cord cutter too but have been overruled.

Yes, i'm apparently right on the cusp of being "very old people."

I'm a cord cutter. I was paying DirecTV $25X a month in LA for everything. Now I have an Android based lil tv box that I bought for $160 on Amazon, and had a dude activate for me for $180. For the whole year!!!
I get all the US channels, Canadian, UK, Straya, EnZed, South Africa, Nigeria etc etc etc. All the PPV. And I get to watch my beloved Springboks live. Was just watching Straya/ Black Caps (NZ) cricket about an hour ago. Cutting the cord doesn't mean what it used to these days.

BuzzTV XRS4500. Amazon.

neanderthal
September 7th, 2022, 05:19 AM
So ... nuclear secrets.
Secrets that were kept in a safe, in the room- with all the top secret information

Crazed_Insanity
September 7th, 2022, 10:10 AM
One of billi's heros.

You watched way too much CNN fake news old man! :p

Rare White Ape
September 7th, 2022, 10:29 PM
So ... nuclear secrets.
Secrets that were kept in a safe, in the room- with all the top secret information

Not as important as her emails.