PDA

View Full Version : Politics

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101

Crazed_Insanity
September 4th, 2023, 06:39 AM
Agree. Although I don’t think I have to power to wash people to become nicer nor be able to wash their evil away. I can only give people the benefit of doubt perhaps! Only Jesus can do the actual washing I think! Now if such practice is wrong to you guys, no wonder it’s a religion very difficult for you guys to believe.

BTW, Jesus will only wash us clean if we’re willing and repentant. For unrepentant evil stinky folks, Jesus will not allow them to stink up the place forever.

I’m not God, I’m not judge, I’m not executioner. So I won’t resort to violence against evil folks. If their acts are threatening lives of my family, then sure, I won’t mind violently defending my family and end up murdering them before they murder my family! I will not turn blind eye on evil indefinitely. Of course I also would not vote for an evil or possible Nazi candidate.

I wasn’t going to vote for RFK before and I definitely won’t now thanks to that dog whistle incident you guys showed. The specific bogus #s on his tweet and his subsequent reaction made him more likely to be a Nazi than Trump IMHO. Yes, I gave benefit of doubt to RFK at 1st as well. Anyway, point is I don’t think you guys have to worry about my evilness detector. My favorite candidate is still the atheist Bernie Sanders. I still think he’s probably the least evil presidential candidate that I’ve seen within my lifetime. Now, if you guys think that I’m a hateful and evil person, then ignoring me is perhaps not enough. Why not just kill me off to make this world a better place? :p

Tom Servo
September 4th, 2023, 08:15 PM
Gmail just advertised a Hitler action figure to me. I hope soon we can get past the "you all are just calling people Nazis for no good reason" phase and realize that we're calling people that BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING NAZIS.

Fiat500
September 4th, 2023, 09:06 PM
ALL THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT ADOLPH EICHMANN

EYES

Medium

HAIR

Medium

WEIGHT

Medium

HEIGHT

Medium

DISTINGUISHING FEATURES

None

NUMBER OF FINGERS

Ten

NUMBER OF TOES

Ten

INTELLIGENCE

Medium

What did you expect?

Talons?

Oversize Incisors?

Green saliva?

Madness?

Leonard Cohen

Crazed_Insanity
September 5th, 2023, 07:49 AM
Gmail just advertised a Hitler action figure to me. I hope soon we can get past the "you all are just calling people Nazis for no good reason" phase and realize that we're calling people that BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING NAZIS.

There are definitely Nazis. My 'nice-washing' or 'evil washing' was never about making the claim that Nazi's do not exist in America or Nazi's are no biggie. We can be watchful and be careful about Nazi's but all I was saying was maybe not be too obsessed with it? You don't think perhaps confirmation bias is working it's way in you? Sometimes the more you look, the more you see? Even if there's absolutely no such bias in your and you are seeing it all very objectively... somehow some algorithm online figured out your email should be a good one to be selected to sell a Hitler action figure to. I actually did a search in my account and found no hitler advertisement. Again, I could be wrong, maybe it's just due to the fact that I'm not white and they just don't want my money because I'm one of them colored people?

Anyway, if typical American toy stores begin to sell hitler dolls, I believe I would move my family back to China. Hopefully dictator Xi will still take me back. If it's between (R)Nazi America and (L)Communist China and I have to pick the lesser evil, then I'd definitely agree with RWA and pick the left side in this hypothetical case.

I sincerely hope we won't end up to the point of me having to choose to go back to Xi. My grandparents have escaped communist China to save their lives, it'll really suck if I end up returning to the same thing that they're escaping from. Maybe I should just move to Afrika.

Zevious Zoquis
September 8th, 2023, 07:13 AM

yup!

Yw-slayer
September 8th, 2023, 06:43 PM
Pelosi is ultra-loaded and running for Senator again well done Billi clap clap

Rare White Ape
September 8th, 2023, 07:09 PM
Good luck getting access to birth control in Republican states in the near future.

Also, good luck getting a divorce and escaping domestic violence, if the Republicans get their way by ending no-fault divorce.

Crazed_Insanity
September 8th, 2023, 07:48 PM
I don’t under why anyone’s clapping about that.

JSGeneral
September 9th, 2023, 03:05 AM

Point of correction here. Pelosi is running for another term for a seat in the House of Representatives... NOT the Senate. A seat on the house is only a 2 year term. Each and every time. A Senate seat is three times as severe--6 years before they have to run for re-election.

Hell, I say she should go for it! It's a 2 year position--she's NOT running for the Speaker of the House--just wants to serve her district. And if a crazy person riled up by constant lies screamed by an opposing party inspired that person to break into my house and bludgeon my spouse--I'd be reluctant to back down and try another go at it as well. Just to stick to those who applauded the felon. So yeah... I guess when I think about it... I'm clapping for her.

Ultimately it's not her choice anyway. It's her district who she wants to represent. They'll choose.

Crazed_Insanity
September 9th, 2023, 12:35 PM
This is the problem with our politics.

One side would go as far as applauding breaking and entering and almost hammered somebody to death.

The other side would continue to applaud Pelosi and the ‘establishment’ for serving her district and her nation well. Those who dare disagree, must be dumb and believe in lies. Clearly, it’s just the crazy republicans! If Congress is filled by politicians like Pelosi and WH is occupied by likes of Obama, our nation would be just fine.

If you’re no longer interested in speakership, maybe you can let some other younger folks to learn to serve that district and perhaps prepare this younger person for future speakership? If Pelosi has unfinished business, sure, run again. Personally, I see no good reasons for her to run again. If people in her district really believe she the best for the job, that’s fine.

Just like people in Diane Feinsteins district think she’d make the best senator I suppose. It’s a free country, I’m not going to stop them, but pretty sure I’m won’t applaud them as well.

Bottom line is while I do agree GOP sucks big time, I just don’t think the likes of Obama, Pelosi are really ‘serving’ the people well. Corporations maybe, people? Get real. Anyway, we live in a free country, applaud all you want.

I just wish people can applaud truly worthwhile endeavors.

Yw-slayer
September 10th, 2023, 05:59 PM
Oh I don't actually care what she's running for or what Republicans and guys scream about or what happened to her and her husband or whatever crap. Insider trading made her rich, Billi going clap clap because freedom or something

neanderthal
September 10th, 2023, 06:18 PM

This.

neanderthal
September 10th, 2023, 06:21 PM
Point of correction here. Pelosi is running for another term for a seat in the House of Representatives... NOT the Senate. A seat on the house is only a 2 year term. Each and every time. A Senate seat is three times as severe--6 years before they have to run for re-election.

Hell, I say she should go for it! It's a 2 year position--she's NOT running for the Speaker of the House--just wants to serve her district. And if a crazy person riled up by constant lies screamed by an opposing party inspired that person to break into my house and bludgeon my spouse--I'd be reluctant to back down and try another go at it as well. Just to stick to those who applauded the felon. So yeah... I guess when I think about it... I'm clapping for her.

Ultimately it's not her choice anyway. It's her district who she wants to represent. They'll choose.

People forget that she is the one who got the votes to pass massive legislation like Obamacare, the Infrastructure bill Biden passed etc. She is an amazing congresswoman.

Crazed_Insanity
September 10th, 2023, 09:19 PM
I think I just realized why YW think Pelosi is a FREEDUMB lover who Billi would love… it’s because she visited Taiwan which pissed China off! Well, I’m not a single issue guy YW! While I truly appreciated her gesture, I truly don’t believe she can be that effective anymore.

Anyway I have to say I don’t think she’s a bad politician. I just think over time, corporate money and her stock portfolio have probably affected her judgment more and more. If Chinese companies donated to her or if she owns a lot of Chinese stocks, I’m sure she would’ve refrained from visiting Taiwan.

Before AOC, there used to be Nancy! Hope AOC won’t end up like Nancy.

FaultyMario
September 11th, 2023, 06:54 AM
"Other men will overcome this dark and bitter moment when treason seeks to prevail. Go forward knowing that, sooner rather than later, the great avenues will open again and free men will walk through them to construct a better society."

From Salvador Allende's last speech, hours before he died during the CIA-backed coup.

It's sobering that free men were also overcome by darkness in the aftermath of the Saudi-backed attacks against NYC. Hoping that the great avenues will open again for everybody, everywhere.

Crazed_Insanity
September 11th, 2023, 08:08 AM
I don't think we're completely free if our government can go around the world, unchecked, to back coups and causing havoc in the name of our 'national' interests. It's only a matter of time until other nations find their own avenues to cause havoc right back at us!

This 9-11, besides memorializing those who died senselessly, I hope we can also find ways to prevent or end this type of negative feedback loops around the world. Hopefully the American people can figure out a way to loosen the grip our corporations have on our politicians because I think it pretty much all started with the rich corrupting the powerful.

MR2 Fan
September 13th, 2023, 12:46 PM
Mitt Romney will not request another term as Senator. Dang, he was quite possibly the most centrist person in all of the GOP (yes, a very low bar)

Crazed_Insanity
September 13th, 2023, 08:15 PM
Romney and McCain were definitely the most sensible republicans in my eyes as well, but they’re still no match for Obama though. Even knowing what I know now, I think Obama still edges them out though.

So being a centrist didn’t really help them win my votes. It probably also didn’t help them on the right much either.

FaultyMario
September 15th, 2023, 02:38 PM
Bill Maher Returns To Show Over Fears Aging Fan Base Will Die Off Before Writers’ Strike Ends (https://www.theonion.com/bill-maher-returns-to-show-over-fears-aging-fan-base-wi-1850843363?rev=1694801370515)

FaultyMario
September 15th, 2023, 07:00 PM
I'd say that that GOP congressperson getting caught on tape being groped and giving some manual stimulation to her date, mere feet away from a mother and her infant child, because of the intrusive surveillance practices of the current police state that conservatives so vehemently defend is 'ironic'.

But I'm no Alanis.

https://westobserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/b6e2133ffd31486eb017d4001af4a018_xl-1024x576.jpg

Crazed_Insanity
September 15th, 2023, 07:24 PM
Who would’ve thought it figures? :sing:

Tom Servo
September 15th, 2023, 08:46 PM
oh so now it’s illegal to jerk off your boyfriend during beetlejuice the musical

JSGeneral
September 16th, 2023, 02:39 AM
Not if you do it a little bit at a time.

FaultyMario
September 16th, 2023, 03:27 AM
oh so now it’s illegal to jerk off your boyfriend during beetlejuice the musical

There's that, also, who gets off a musical?

:?

JSGeneral
September 16th, 2023, 04:17 AM
There's that, also, who gets off a musical?

:?

I'm just waiting for the both-sides committee to come forward and provide CCTV footage of Feinstein.

FaultyMario
September 16th, 2023, 05:46 AM
I mean, I can understand McConnell needing some rubbing to get going, but then again, he is not 'the other side', is he?

2ndMoparMan
September 16th, 2023, 09:47 AM
NO surprise, Ken Paxton, the texas AG, walked on all charges.

Drachen596
September 16th, 2023, 12:49 PM

Partynof family values. Shes still married out with her boyfriend being handsy in public.

FaultyMario
September 16th, 2023, 06:56 PM
You. can. not. make. this. up.

Man groped by Lauren Boebert during frisky ‘Beetlejuice’ date owns gay-friendly bar that hosts drag shows (https://nypost.com/2023/09/16/lauren-boeberts-new-man-owns-gay-friendly-bar-which-hosts-drag-shows/)

Take your children to CHURCH, not drag bars.

MR2 Fan
September 16th, 2023, 08:09 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6Kk_aZXcAAbncg?format=jpg&name=medium

Crazed_Insanity
September 16th, 2023, 09:55 PM
Finally saw the whole footage… she looks like she’s drunk or high… very inconsiderate, except to her date of course… ;)

Anyway, it is kinda crazy and sad that such person is a Congress person…

Tom Servo
September 20th, 2023, 12:18 PM
The other day Musk claimed that no primates died as a result of his Neuralink trials and somehow thought it was good that they were all terminally ill anyway.

Wired's reporting that that is *technically* correct, as all of them had to be euthanized as a result of the trials. So yeah...I guess technically the Neuralink didn't kill them if you euthanize them before they die.

I mean, we all know I think he's a piece of shit, but this is a whole new level.

https://www.wired.com/story/elon-musk-pcrm-neuralink-monkey-deaths/

George
September 20th, 2023, 12:42 PM
Finally saw the whole footage… she looks like she’s drunk or high…

Probably both in downtown Denver. Anything goes in the mile-high city!

Rare White Ape
September 20th, 2023, 07:56 PM
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1072836733399478272/1154247759432532070/Screenshot_20230920_214817_X.jpg

Tom Servo
September 20th, 2023, 09:06 PM
A former Trump aide, Cassidy Hutchinson, says that Giuliani reached up her dress and groped her on January 6th, while John Eastman watched.

I am not sure which part I find the most horrifying...Giuliani groping yet another woman, Eastman watching, or that apparently the insurrection got Giuliani so horny he couldn't control himself.

sandydandy
September 21st, 2023, 06:21 AM
Canada-India relations are deteriorating fast, and on their way to rock bottom. All because we have a fucking buffoon in office. We are the laughing stock of the world.

Tom Servo
September 21st, 2023, 06:58 AM
Admittedly, I would always pick Trudeau over Modi.

Crazed_Insanity
September 21st, 2023, 07:17 AM
Biden admin seems to be pretty fond of Modi for some odd reasons which I don't quite understand. Probably befriending India because of China? Kinda like how we befriended Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden because enemies of our enemies must be our friends...

sandydandy
September 21st, 2023, 10:54 AM
Admittedly, I would always pick Trudeau over Modi. I will never vote for this shithead again. Did twice already, but never again. He needs to resign.

Dicknose
September 21st, 2023, 01:40 PM
Canada-India relations are deteriorating fast, and on their way to rock bottom. All because we have a fucking buffoon in office. We are the laughing stock of the world.
The reports here seemed to favour the Canadian side...
And our govt has approached India to ask it to explain.

Dicknose
September 21st, 2023, 01:41 PM
And in politics related news (or actual politics as in who pulls the strings)

Rupert Murdoch has stepped down as boss of News Corp

Tom Servo
September 21st, 2023, 02:10 PM
I will never vote for this shithead again. Did twice already, but never again. He needs to resign.

I admittedly don't know a ton about Canadian politics. I probably know more about Romana Didulo than I do about actual important things happening in Canada, which is to my great embarrassment. So, explanation? I mean, Modi's an absolute chucklefuck, so I tend to blame any breakdown on relations on him, but curious to hear your take.

Yw-slayer
September 21st, 2023, 09:56 PM
So fucking hilarious. Go go go all in the name of Billi's brainwashed bros ribelar democracy!!!

Tom Servo
September 21st, 2023, 10:02 PM
That's an impressively incoherent post!

Yw-slayer
September 22nd, 2023, 05:08 AM
Yes, just like those of his brainwash Bros. Loflololl

sandydandy
September 23rd, 2023, 01:16 PM
The reports here seemed to favour the Canadian side...
And our govt has approached India to ask it to explain. Interesting that they would take Canada's side, considering Trudeau has supplied zero evidence thus far. The timing of this allegation is suspect as well, as it comes right after he was whipped and humiliated by Modi at the G20.

I admittedly don't know a ton about Canadian politics. I probably know more about Romana Didulo than I do about actual important things happening in Canada, which is to my great embarrassment. So, explanation? I mean, Modi's an absolute chucklefuck, so I tend to blame any breakdown on relations on him, but curious to hear your take. It's like this...

I've never liked Justin Trudeau. I've mostly been a Conservative voter my entire adult life. On the chart/spectrum diagram thing I fall just right of center, though I'm mostly left on social issues. I started voting for Trudeau when the Conservative candidates started sounding more Trump-like, which was something I couldn't tolerate. So I've begrudgingly been voting Liberal since 2019. I'll say honestly things haven't been terrible for me personally with Trudeau in power, but they could be way better.

In Canada the three main parties from left to right on the spectrum are: NDP (New Democrat Party), Liberal and Conservative. Liberals and Conservatives have mostly hovered just left and just right of center. Both are palatable when they stay within those regions. NDP has always been very far left, which is why I would never vote for them, in same way I wouldn't ever vote for a far right party. You couldn't pay me to vote NDP. In recent years Trudeau and his Liberals have created a coalition with the NDP and their leader, Jagmeet Singh, and have moved the party and policies further and further to the left in order to appease him. He knows he has to do this in order to avoid being overthrown, because he has a minority government. So he's doing things not in the interest of the country, but in his own personal interest of staying in power. He knows the second the NDP withdraw their support, the Conservatives will call for a vote of no-confidence and he'll be defeated. In that event it's highly unlikely that he would get re-elected, something that the polls strongly suggest as well.

So why do I hate Justin now in particular? It's because of this India thing. Let me clarify that though I am Indian, I have no loyalty to that country whatsoever. I could never set foot on Indian soil again for the rest of my life and live perfectly fine. When you compare the standard of living between Canada and India...there's just no comparison, that's why Indian students are flocking to this country in record numbers every year.

I dislike Trudeau now because he's working in his own best interest over ours. He's irritating the 4th (or 5th?) largest economy in the world, and doesn't seem to understand what he's doing, nor does he understand Canada's place in the world. We are a borderline economic superpower, but definitely not a military superpower. If you're the little guy in the school yard you don't pick fights the big dogs, and that's exactly what he's trying to do. He's either incredibly naïve or incredibly stupid. India is not going to be bullied by him and have responded by suspending visa services to Canadians, fucking us over.

Why is he doing this? To appease Jagmeet Singh. Full stop.

To understand this you have to understand this whole Khalistan thing. In a nutshell, the state of Punjab (on India's side) has a 57% Sikh population, and like all religions they have their extremists. Sikh separatists who want to divide Punjab and create a separate land called Khalistan, killing Hindus and other non-Sikhs in the process. The Khalistan movement was thought to be dead a buried in the 80's and 90's, as India had thoroughly eradicated them from the country. They didn't die, however, they just relocated outside of India and have made Canada their base of operations. The overwhelming majority of Sikhs in India, and here, are normal and very hardworking people who reject the Khalistan shit, but a vocal minority have made their way into the spotlight once again. This time in Canada.

Here's a YouTube video on the Khalistan movement if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRoCCwoEYI0

They are a terrorist organization - no ifs, ands or buts about it. My own father-in-law was almost killed by them in Punjab back in the 80's during the height of the tensions. He was riding a motorcycle with his friend and they were shot at. His friend died but he lived because he was unconscious and covered in his friend's blood, because they both fell off the motorcycle. They must've thought he was dead too and didn't bother to check.

So what does this have to do with Jagmeet Singh? Well, he's an open Khalistan supporter. The leader of Canada's NDP is a supporter of a terrorist organization. This is the guy who is pulling Justin Trudeau's strings and keeping him in power. He is the real Prime Minister of Canada, and it sickens me to the core. Singh and Trudeau have breathed new life into the Khalistan movement, and have given them safe haven in Canada under the guise of "freedom of expression". Fuck that. At the G20 Modi confronted Trudeau about this. Jagmeet Singh himself is banned from entering India, because of his loyalty to the Khalistan movement.

Now Justin has escalated things even further with the accusation that India had something to do with murder of a Khalistan leader in Canada. Some fucker named Nijjar. Something he's asserted without even a shred of evidence.

My opinion is even if it were true, so what? The guy was a terrorist in the same way Bin Laden and al-Baghdadi were, and no sensible person cried for them when they were killed. The heinous acts at the height of the Khalistan movement include the assassination of the then PM of India, (Indira Gandhi), and the Air India bombing in the 80's, which was the deadliest aviation related terror attack in the world pre-9/11. The real question is why is Trudeau protecting these people and fighting on their behalf? The answer is simply to appease Jagmeet Singh and other Khalistan sympathizers in Canada, so he can stay in power.

So that's why I dislike Justin Trudeau.

Crazed_Insanity
September 23rd, 2023, 02:53 PM
I dislike both Modi and JT. Anyway, my preference is irrelevant. I’m can’t vote in either countries.

Regarding terrorist, surely I didn’t shed a tear for Bin Laden, but it’s still wrong for Obama to kill him like that IMHO. For the likes of Osama and Hussein…, when it’s convenient, US gives them aid with money and weapons… when inconvenient, then we go in and kill them no questions asked and nobody to answer to. Branding them as terrorists makes all that justifiable?

Modi really seem like another Hitler or Trump to me. Trudeau is also an admirer or Xi… they’re both extremists on opposite ends. Therefore, I don’t like them both.

I do agree with you that Trudeau is stupid to mess with India like that. Probably also put US and rest of the West in a bind… Anyway, globalism is clearly falling apart, every nation is for itself…

Tom Servo
September 23rd, 2023, 03:31 PM
Much obliged for the writeup, that's definitely a ton of context I did not know about at all.

Dicknose
September 23rd, 2023, 04:48 PM
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-09-24/hardeep-singh-nijjar-assassination/102881302

I dont think a friendly country should support groups/issues about separatism - leave another countries decisions to its internal issues to them.
Thats still quite different to allowing people freedom of speech. If the people are considered terrorist and wanted then ask for extradition. Otherwise you shouldn't be expecting a country (Canada) to stop people taking, rallying etc about issues in another country. As long as the govt doesn't join in.

But if it does turn out that India was involved in an assassination in another country - then that's a very serious issues.
Im not sure what the evidence is, I presume there must be something to raise the issue. Could be flimsy or just "chatter".

Yw-slayer
September 24th, 2023, 01:23 AM
Good to hear the context from someone in Canada.

It's good to also remember that a similar approach might be said to apply in other contexts. And to not become one of Billi's Brainwashed Bros or just unthinkingly swallow any talking point that CNN and their fellow western MSM love to spew out.

Rare White Ape
September 24th, 2023, 03:34 AM
Yep the perspective is good to see.

Unfortunately though, and I see this repeated a lot in western countries, the left side of politics seems to only succeed at elections when the right wing becomes enormously unpalatable.

Crazed_Insanity
September 24th, 2023, 07:21 AM
Well, that’s not always the trend. Jimmy Carter lost to Reagan. But then again, that was decades ago, so perhaps that shouldn’t count.

We’ll see if Trudeau becomes the new Jimmy Carter… actually I’m a bit concerned for our very own Joe Biden.

FaultyMario
September 24th, 2023, 06:25 PM
Re: Canada

Why was parliament giving a standing ovation to a member of the Waffen-SS (https://apnews.com/article/canada-parliament-apology-ukraine-nazi-eedc22e1d810011c412953168a4cee46)?

Cam
September 24th, 2023, 07:45 PM
Take Sandeep's creative writing with a grain of salt. The notion that Jasmeet is running the country is conspiracy theory level.

Tom Servo
September 24th, 2023, 08:37 PM
Yeah, hopefully Sandeep doesn't take this the wrong way, but I usually use anything like this as a jumping off point to learn more about it. I really hesitate to use the term "dO mY OwN REseaRCh", but I suppose that's what I'm doing.

Crazed_Insanity
September 24th, 2023, 08:39 PM
Conspiracy theories seem to be very popular all over the world these days…

Our world is covered mostly in non-carbonated sea water, so our earth is in fact mostly flat! You can also extract lots of grains of salt from the sea… :p

sandydandy
September 25th, 2023, 06:58 AM
Re: Canada

Why was parliament giving a standing ovation to a member of the Waffen-SS (https://apnews.com/article/canada-parliament-apology-ukraine-nazi-eedc22e1d810011c412953168a4cee46)? Par for the course for this inept and incompetent Liberal government. Not only do they love terrorists but apparently Nazis too. Good job, Trudeau.

Take Sandeep's creative writing with a grain of salt. The notion that Jasmeet is running the country is conspiracy theory level. Very disingenuously spoken.

Obviously Jagmeet Singh is not the PM of Canada, but it’s clear that he’s running Justin Trudeau. Apparently it’s not a coalition proper, which I thought it was, but it’s still a strong partnership designed to keep Trudeau in power. Don’t believe me? Maybe you’ll believe the BBC.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60837941.amp

Singh is propping up the Trudeau government. If you think he’s doing it for free then you’re crazy. This latest spat with India is evidence enough, as it has Jagmeet written all over it.

It’s not a conspiracy theory when the facts are present right in front of you. If you choose to ignore the obvious just because you like Jagmeet Singh, then that’s up to you.

Crazed_Insanity
September 25th, 2023, 07:53 AM
I'm sorry for the analogies, but it helps us dumb Americans understand things better, okay? Well, at least for me! :p

So Singh is like Canada's version of Bernie Sanders(far left) except he's more powerful and Trudeau needs his support?

If you don't vote for Justin again, are you going to vote for a more palatable conservative candidate? Hopefully you guys don't have a Trump up north?

sandydandy
September 25th, 2023, 04:39 PM
So Singh is like Canada's version of Bernie Sanders(far left) Yeah, but that’s not why I dislike him.

except he's more powerful and Trudeau needs his support? Yeah, that’s why I dislike him.

If you don't vote for Justin again, are you going to vote for a more palatable conservative candidate? Yeah, Pierre Poilivre. The only sensible vote left. Though not my first choice in the Conservative Party. There was another guy named Patrick Brown who I would’ve preferred, but he was screwed out of the opportunity to become Conservative leader, so we’re stuck with Pierre.

Hopefully you guys don't have a Trump up north? Same here…but Pierre doesn’t strike me as being Trumpish, compared to his predecessors at least. His followers definitely, (especially those in Alberta, which is the Texas of the north), but not so much him.

Time will tell what he’s really like if/when he gets into office.

Tom Servo
September 25th, 2023, 07:20 PM
Well, this WaPo article that just popped up on my feed seems apropos: Video of Sikh leader’s killing shows coordinated attack (https://wapo.st/3EYDCRn)

Crazed_Insanity
September 26th, 2023, 07:03 AM
That article just gave me the impression Canadian govt doesn’t know what’s it doing.

Supposedly your intel knows about a guy on a hit list, yet bulletproof cars are still illegal and no permit allowed for the target to get a bulletproof vest. There were also no increased police presence.

Even after the assassination, police was slow to respond and investigate.

Then blame it all on the Indian govt?

What an odd story and naturally conspiracy theories exist to fill in all the gaps.

Cam
September 26th, 2023, 10:09 AM
Par for the course for this inept and incompetent Liberal government. Not only do they love terrorists but apparently Nazis too. Good job, Trudeau.

Very disingenuously spoken.

Obviously Jagmeet Singh is not the PM of Canada, but it’s clear that he’s running Justin Trudeau. Apparently it’s not a coalition proper, which I thought it was, but it’s still a strong partnership designed to keep Trudeau in power. Don’t believe me? Maybe you’ll believe the BBC.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60837941.amp

Singh is propping up the Trudeau government. If you think he’s doing it for free then you’re crazy. This latest spat with India is evidence enough, as it has Jagmeet written all over it.

It’s not a conspiracy theory when the facts are present right in front of you. If you choose to ignore the obvious just because you like Jagmeet Singh, then that’s up to you.

Accusing the Trudeau government of loving terrorists and supporting Nazis, saying I like Singh (I never said I did,) and you're accusing me of being disingenuous? Hypocritelulz.

The article you linked to does not support your arguments, except for the NDP and Liberal's coalition, for lack of a better term.

You're crazy, dude.

Crazed_Insanity
September 26th, 2023, 11:33 AM
Oh boy, Canadians are learning from the Americans! :|

2ndMoparMan
September 26th, 2023, 01:20 PM
https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1706767627723681850

So, uh, no more Trump buisnesses.

Dicknose
September 26th, 2023, 02:31 PM
Par for the course for this inept and incompetent Liberal government. Not only do they love terrorists but apparently Nazis too. Good job, Trudeau.

Except it wasn't Trudeau, it was the Speaker who did this without consulting anyone else. A big mistake, but it seems it was theirs alone.

I would guess that they didn't know that the person had a Nazi background. Probably a lack of checking rather than supporting Nazis.

sandydandy
September 26th, 2023, 03:49 PM
Except it wasn't Trudeau, it was the Speaker who did this without consulting anyone else. A big mistake, but it seems it was theirs alone.

I would guess that they didn't know that the person had a Nazi background. Probably a lack of checking rather than supporting Nazis. I stand corrected on that. Thanks.

Accusing the Trudeau government of loving terrorists and supporting Nazis, saying I like Singh (I never said I did,) and you're accusing me of being disingenuous? Hypocritelulz. The Trudeau government may or may not love terrorists, but they definitely support them. As evidenced by their lack of designating the Khalistan group as a terrorist organization. I heard that they were once under that designation, but Trudeau and pals removed it. I would have to research that, of course.

DN has already clarified the Nazi thing.

I've seen you express admiration for Singh.

The article you linked to does not support your arguments, except for the NDP and Liberal's coalition, for lack of a better term. It absolutely supports it, if you know how the world works and how politics work. As stated before, Singh is backing Trudeau and keeping him in power. If you don't see that as a problem given with what's happened recently, then you're either extremely naive or unintelligent, (and I know it's not the latter).

You're crazy, dude. Aren't we all?

Crazed_Insanity
September 27th, 2023, 07:35 AM
https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1706767627723681850

So, uh, no more Trump buisnesses.

Hopefully this sticks and be able to really hurt him badly... because he won't ever be able to claim to be a successful smart businessman!

However, the bad thing will be that this might cause him to focus on politics more since he's got nothing else to do... :|

Ideally, US needs to catch fraudsters before shit happens, now this ruling might end up looking political...

So yeah, not sure if this is good or bad...

[edit] Probably bad. After 2nd debate, majority of GOP voters still prefer Trump. Distance 2nd place DeSantis @ 14%.

MR2 Fan
September 29th, 2023, 05:33 AM
Senator Dianne Feinstein who hasn't been coherent for the past few years has passed away at age 90

Yw-slayer
September 29th, 2023, 08:53 AM
Oops sorry. Pelosi can suck it loflofl

2ndMoparMan
September 29th, 2023, 12:17 PM
https://www.ajc.com/politics/breaking-first-trump-rico-defendant-takes-plea-agreement/3L3OZWOFIJHWHLJUTQSNHO4VL4/

Here come the flips. Always did feel the GA case was probably the strongest against tfg. Wonder how many else will flip?

Rare White Ape
September 29th, 2023, 03:14 PM
Senator Dianne Feinstein who hasn't been coherent for the past few years has passed away at age 90

I hope she enjoys her retirement.

FaultyMario
September 29th, 2023, 04:49 PM
That guy. Some people are just not meant to work after certain age. A few bodies will go on and on, but others won't; too bad that for some people their previous commitments won't let them have an appropriate retirement in old age.

:|

Yw-slayer
September 29th, 2023, 06:26 PM
Flooding in New York
Govt shutdown imminent
Senators all loaded from insider trading
Self-checkout machines asking you for tips
Spent millions of dollars to shoot down weather balloons

Well done Billi and your Brainwashed Bros clap clap

FaultyMario
September 29th, 2023, 07:12 PM
Do you guys, where you live, do not feel that things are only going to get worse?

I mean, I'm down here, praying for some rains in the autumn (I live in the tropics, the summer is rain season), I'm watching hundreds of refugees fleeing their Trump-policies laden countries (https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2020/08/03/how-marco-rubio-runs-trumps-latin-america-policy-1972792) and pass by to the annoyance of my fellow residents, just waiting for the people that make a business of street-taxing migrants (https://apnews.com/article/mexico-migrants-darien-gap-trains-7fa1f413f816d036ed06f0ef7c5d05b1) show up and wreck some bad shit (https://insightcrime.org/investigations/us-policy-exacerbate-migrant-kidnappings-us-mexico-bord/).

:random:

Crazed_Insanity
September 29th, 2023, 07:58 PM
Yes, expect the worst, but don’t ever forget to hope for the best as well. Future is unpredictable.

Anyway, here’s hoping Feinstein will finally able to retire in peace. The establishment is really milking every one of its pawns to death. Let old folks be able to retire properly please! If you’re fit and still think you have a life mission to accomplish, sure, work as long as you want! However, do we really need to work our politicians to death like this?

Rare White Ape
September 29th, 2023, 08:20 PM
Flooding in New York
Govt shutdown imminent
Senators all loaded from insider trading
Self-checkout machines asking you for tips
Spent millions of dollars to shoot down weather balloons

Well done Billi and your Brainwashed Bros clap clap

It’s been a while since it had another country’s affairs to waggle its armed forces into, and… oh would you look at that!

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2023/sep/29/kosovo-serbian-troops-buildup-us-uk

Yw-slayer
September 29th, 2023, 08:39 PM
Apart from military stuff, how did those sanctions go?

Raimondo and Trump can SUCK IT

Yw-slayer
September 30th, 2023, 02:40 AM
Pretty much almost no reporting on the Asian Games from CNN, NYT, Wapo, The Economist, The Guardian.

HMMM ONE WONDERS WHY

Dicknose
September 30th, 2023, 12:56 PM
Do you guys, where you live, do not feel that things are only going to get worse?

I think things here are good and looking better.
Although our referendum on an indigenous voice to parliament looks it will fail.

On the world scale, Im a bit more luke warm

Crazed_Insanity
September 30th, 2023, 01:42 PM
Yeah, is the glass of water getting fuller or emptier?

Often times it depends more on the observer’s perception than actual reality?

Yw-slayer
October 1st, 2023, 01:01 AM
https://twitter.com/BestDamnRoofer/status/1707788790712938985?s=19

A Roofer charges liberals for being liberal. Not the one we know of, I think.

Tom Servo
October 1st, 2023, 06:39 PM
Pretty much almost no reporting on the Asian Games from CNN, NYT, Wapo, The Economist, The Guardian.

HMMM ONE WONDERS WHY

Man, you're on a tear. I'm guessing it's because they don't really report on much of anything sport-wise that's outside of their region. Heck, WaPo reported on Verstappen getting pole at Suzuka but not on the actual race.

Rare White Ape
October 2nd, 2023, 02:27 PM
Probably no reporting on the AFL and NRL grand finals in the local Hong Kong press either.

Crazed_Insanity
October 2nd, 2023, 10:43 PM
Taiwan actually won gold in go!

I wonder why nobody in the west cares… hmm…

Yw-slayer
October 2nd, 2023, 11:20 PM
Probably no reporting on the AFL and NRL grand finals in the local Hong Kong press either.

You'd be surprised. There is some Aussie Rules and Rugby League reporting during "normal" (i.e. when everyone is not consumed by the Asian or Olympic Games) times. Similarly there is also some reporting here in the English-language press on the Superbowl and the World Series.

That is different from certain sports such as F1 and football, where there's this "glamour blah blah blah" stuff attached to them (especially F1) with influencers, such that the reporting draws enough casuals and normies to the sport. Even random kids in my kids' year at school talk about F1 and football, in the latter case due probably to Drive to Survive and as Singapore race weekend is very "glamor blah blah blah" for casuals and normies.

On football, I have always found it very impressive how marketing (in addition to a pretty decent baseline of skill I suppose) has made people from halfway around the world into (or want to claim that they are) fanatical followers of a team from a town which they have never even visited, met anyone from, and in all likelihood would never live in, and that they are (or want to claim that they are) lifelong haters of people who are fans of another team from a town which they have never even visited, met anyone from, and might actually prefer to live in.

At least with motorsport you can, in theory, buy the car?

But that's another topic.

JSGeneral
October 3rd, 2023, 05:24 AM
In other news...

“What can I add that has not already been said?. A person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all ‘suckers’ because ‘there is nothing in it for them.’

A person that did not want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because ‘it doesn’t look good for me.’

A person who demonstrated open contempt for a Gold Star family – for all Gold Star families – on TV during the 2016 campaign, and rants that our most precious heroes who gave their lives in America’s defense are ‘losers’ and wouldn’t visit their graves in France.

A person who is not truthful regarding his position on the protection of unborn life, on women, on minorities, on evangelical Christians, on Jews, on working men and women,

A person that has no idea what America stands for and has no idea what America is all about.

A person who cavalierly suggests that a selfless warrior who has served his country for 40 years in peacetime and war should lose his life for treason – in expectation that someone will take action.

A person who admires autocrats and murderous dictators. A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law.

There is nothing more that can be said,” Kelly concluded. “God help us all.”

Quote from General Kelly.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/02/politics/john-kelly-donald-trump-us-service-members-veterans/index.html

Dicknose
October 3rd, 2023, 06:52 AM
But god is on Trumps side...

Crazed_Insanity
October 3rd, 2023, 07:22 AM
Oh, I dunno about that...

Like I said before, about the only thing I like about him which also sets him apart from all other modern presidents was that he started no new wars, pulled out of Afghanistan and seemed to actually want to demilitarize US/world by dismantling NATO. I really like that about him.

However, all other stuffs I hated though. I'd believe that more had he been a 'born again' earlier maybe? However, being 'born again' right before office just seemed too opportunistic?

Anyway, I can't speak for God of course, but IMHO, if God really was 'with you' like that, you'll likely become a significant part of history that changed something for good. We're observing way too closely, I'll let historians decades later make that judgement.

Yw-slayer
October 3rd, 2023, 09:19 AM
www.espn.co.uk/espn/story/_/id/38458410/hangzhou-asian-games-sports-never-heard-kurash-go-weiqi-sepaktakraw-dragon-boat-soft-tennis-wushu%3fplatform=amp

I guess at least espn tried but this article reads a bit like a jokey "Yo exotic furriner sportz!!?!" piece.

Crazed_Insanity
October 3rd, 2023, 11:29 AM
Damned if they report... and damned if they don't report.

Asians are so hard to please!!!!

Wushu or kung fu probably has the most chance of being popular in the West?

Yoga got really popular around the world, but ironically it's really really hard to be a world champion Yogaist... :D

2ndMoparMan
October 3rd, 2023, 12:47 PM
So, McArthy is out as Speaker.

sandydandy
October 3rd, 2023, 01:06 PM
The cockroaches are fighting with each other in the house. It’s entertaining to watch the clown show.

Tom Servo
October 3rd, 2023, 01:11 PM
It is amazing that Trump, who only hires the best people, will not have a jury trial because his lawyers forgot to ask for one.

Yw-slayer
October 4th, 2023, 04:47 PM
Oh, what a surprise that there is reporting fromm cnn, Wapo, NYT, smh, the Australian, on Simone Biles at the Wolrd Athletic Championships in... Belgiun?

retsmah
October 4th, 2023, 05:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBqKWHbxgeI

The presumptive GOP candidate on... I guess electric boats and sharks? The way he struggles with saying electrocution bothers me more than it should.

MR2 Fan
October 5th, 2023, 01:13 AM
Nukulur

FaultyMario
October 5th, 2023, 04:32 AM
And that would be the sympton.

Crazed_Insanity
October 5th, 2023, 08:01 AM
You know GOP could make Trump the Speaker of the House?

I had no idea Speaker of the house doesn't need to be a member of congress.

He'd make history as the 1st president who's the speaker of the house, but doesn't live in the white house but in prison.

The Dystopian States of America!

Back to the future got the flying cars wrong, but got this part pretty accurately...

Drachen596
October 5th, 2023, 01:13 PM
Their own rule actually prevents it if they follow it.

It says something about if you're indicted for something with a possible sentence of 2 or more years you're intelligible to be Speaker.

Crazed_Insanity
October 10th, 2023, 07:41 AM
Don't mean to start any conspiracies or anything, but during Biden's presidency, we're having record number of wars? From Ukraine to Armenia and now Israel?!?!?

Conflict in Asia may also happen soon? I'd NOT like to see Taiwan drag US into a war for sure...

Now, I'm not blaming all that on Biden of course. I just find these conflicts unbelievable...

So I guess conflict between dems and GOP is nothing in comparison?

Crazed_Insanity
October 11th, 2023, 10:32 AM
It's also amazing to me that people around the world are blaming X and Elno for spreading mis-info around the middle east. As if X is the only social media company around.

What about the missing info from Israeli and US intel about the impending attack? We knew Russians are coming, but couldn't stop them. We had no idea Hamas is ready to go nuts and with such missing info, should we drag ourselves into another forever war?

Anyways, if X and Starlink are that bad, fine, shut the services down. Maybe that'll make the world better? We might as well shut Tesla and SpaceX down too and take his money and redistribute to the poor? Surely that'll make the world better?

Elno is clearly a flawed human being, but blaming him won't really help solve our problems.

Here we are at the brink of WW3 and people are still worried about X? WTF!?!?!?

FaultyMario
October 13th, 2023, 01:14 PM
My friend wrote this:

Republican Talk About Invading Mexico Is Dangerous and Unhinged (https://jacobin.com/2023/10/republican-gop-mexican-cartels-us-military-intervention)

It’s Mexico-bashing season in US politics again.

In 2016, Donald Trump’s campaign brought Mexican rapists, “bad hombres,” and “build the wall” into mainstream political discourse. This time around, the rhetoric has escalated further, no longer centered on a defensive wall alone but on an offensive campaign against Mexico, taking whatever form the feverish minds of the Republican primary contenders can come up with.

In response to a legitimate question by moderator Ilia Calderón at the September 27 debate to the effect that most fentanyl is smuggled across the Mexican border by US citizens at legal border crossings, Vivek Ramaswamy responded by advocating for “sealing the border” with the military, without explaining what that would entail or how trade would continue with the nation’s second-largest trading partner under those conditions.

Ron DeSantis then upped the ante, insisting that he would use the military to “go after” Mexican cartels as the “foreign terrorist organizations that they are.” Sprinkled throughout the rest of the evening were Chris Christie’s promise to deploy the National Guard to the border, Nikki Haley’s railing against sanctuary cities, and Tim Scott’s geography-busting assertion that every US county “is now a border county.”

By current standards, this was a relatively decaffeinated evening. On other occasions, Scott had promised in a campaign ad to “unleash” the military against the cartels, Ramaswamy had promised to “annihilate” them, and Haley had pledged to lay down the law with the Mexican president by means of a “you do it or we do it” pledge. And lest this be seen as simply an attention-getting ruse by primary has-beens, front-runner Donald Trump has promised to “deploy all necessary military assets” to Mexico, including special forces, cyber warfare, and “other overt and covert actions.”

Although a Lindsey Graham–led faction has argued that the United States does not require an authorization for use of military force to act in Mexico, other Republicans in Congress are preparing just such an AUMF against anyone “responsible for trafficking fentanyl or a fentanyl-related substance into the United States or carrying out other related activities that cause regional destabilization in the Western Hemisphere.”

Given the United States’ history in Latin America, the resolution as worded would practically require Uncle Sam to intervene against itself, giving the lie to the old joke: “Why has there never been a coup in the United States? Because there’s no US embassy there.”

Leaving aside for the moment the campaign bluster and crude intimidation tactics, let us take a moment to imagine what might happen if a President Trump, DeSantis, or whoever actually decided to follow through with a plan to invade Mexico.

The first bombs start raining down in the early-morning hours, part of a “shock and awe” campaign designed to seize the initiative against the newly designated foreign terrorist organizations. As dawn breaks, the Pentagon shares a handful of carefully culled videos that purport to show the selection of only isolated, unpopulated targets such as mountain fentanyl labs. Social media, however, quickly gives the lie to this, showing residential areas being repeatedly hit by missile strikes. Despite initial attempts to deny the validity of the videos, the Pentagon then backtracks, admitting that a few “isolated” areas were hit by error or — as the argument evolves — because cartels are moving into populated neighborhoods to use them as human shields.

In a nationally televised address, President Claudia Sheinbaum condemns the bombing as an “act of war” and calls on the Mexican citizenry to resist the US onslaught by all peaceful means. Propelled by the destruction and fear of further bombings, the first refugee flows start heading toward the border. In a hastily convened summit, the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States condemns the attack and calls for immediate talks on creating a pan–Latin American political and economic union; the condemnation is quickly echoed by BRICS states and, despite furious US lobbying, the European Union. At the UN Security Council, Mexico ally Brazil tables a resolution to call for an immediate end to the bombing, which the US duly vetoes.

FaultyMario
October 13th, 2023, 01:15 PM
Pt. 2

Then it happens: a bomb goes off in a major US city, followed by another. In the absence of an immediate culprit, fingers are pointed at the cartels, their US distributors, or bombers-for-hire on cartel payrolls. US tanks roll across the border and are immediately met with hostile demonstrations in Tijuana, Mexicali, Reynosa, and Matamoros, where maquiladora workers walk out of US-owned factories and join the protesters. The demonstrations quickly spread across the country as well as to Mexican American communities in US cities. Nevertheless, the ground assault rolls on with seeming invincibility, blithely unconcerned with international opinion, as US forces overwhelm the Mexican army while occupying a hundred oil wells in the Cuenca de Burgos region of Tamaulipas and the lithium deposits in Sonora nationalized by Andrés Manuel López Obrador in 2021.

Until, about a hundred miles or so from the border, they are hit by a coordinated series of attacks from guerrilla units armed — ironically — with US weaponry, including armor-piercing .50-caliber sniper rifles, M-134 rotary machine guns capable of shooting between two thousand and four thousand rounds a minute, M82 semiautomatic rifles that can pierce bulletproof vests and tanks, and a variety of other military-grade firearms. US troops return fire and call in air strikes, but the attackers disappear into the mountains, only to appear and disappear again and again.

In an eerie repeat of the 1916 Punitive Expedition led by General John Pershing, the ground campaign quickly bogs down as US troops are forced to reconnoiter arid, unfamiliar, and hostile territory under the constant threat of a well-armed ambush. In a number of areas, cartel leaders are hailed as heroes for opposing the US invasion, and their ranks swell. Meanwhile, Mexican American communities in the United States are being subject to their own attacks by armed vigilante groups accusing them of involvement in the bombings. Dozens are assaulted, and, when one is beaten to death by police, the Mexican community — joined by other Latino groups — organizes a massive strike, paralyzing the service, construction, automotive, and transportation industries, which are already reeling from the closing of the border and the inability to import vital parts and supplies.

The United States tips into a severe recession, followed by Mexico, increasing the numbers of refugees marching northward into the hundreds of thousands. National Guard and reserve units are mobilized and sent to the border, but when this proves insufficient, Congress approves billions in emergency funding to create a mined and drone-patrolled no-man’s-land on the US side of the border, displacing thousands and wreaking environmental havoc. Despite all of this, the border is ultimately overrun and, although federal troops hold off at first, a trigger-happy contingent of the Texas Tactical Border Force opens fire, which spreads along the line, leading to a bloody massacre. This only hardens Mexico’s resolve to resist, as what was billed as a surgical intervention settles into a long, brutal, costly, and fruitless occupation that savages the North American economy while normalizing the spread of cartel violence into the United States.

To pin the blame on Republicans alone for this turbocharged rhetoric would be a mistake. For although the GOP has been thumping the tub on invasion alone, Democrats have been in lockstep with them on virtually everything else. This includes muscling through NAFTA, militarizing the border, accelerating deportation procedures, and creating the legal infrastructure for future anti-immigrant crackdowns during the Bill Clinton years. Barack Obama’s administration broke records for deportation numbers and immigrant enforcement budgets while instituting the “Fast and Furious” gun-running operation and expanding family detention until blocked by the courts.

As for Joe Biden, he has largely maintained Trump’s border policies while, in a full-scale reversal of his 2021 proclamation, gamely announcing on October 5 that he had no choice but to waive twenty-six federal laws to allow construction of the border wall to resume in Texas. Not only have Democrats in Congress not pushed back on the GOP’s invasion rhetoric — at all — they have consistently provided bipartisan cover to the incendiary assertions of their colleagues across the aisle.

And then there is the media. From Time’s placing of Mexico on its 2019 list of “biggest geopolitical risks” to a US-funded London think tank dubbing AMLO the “tyrant of the year” for 2022, coverage of the president’s five years in power by establishment media and its allies in the NGO-sphere has been hysterical, mendacious, patronizing, and ignorant. Like a gruesome laboratory experiment, this nonstop media carpet bombing has set the culture necessary for the GOP’s ideas to mutate from far-fetched to plausible — so much so that something that would have sounded absurd only a few years ago is now a highly touted part of the platform of the likely Republican candidate.

In the (still unlikely) event that the physical bombs do begin to rain down, legacy media will be the first to denounce the Republicans, secure in the knowledge that this will be more than enough to drown out the role they played in allowing it to happen. For the Mexican and US publics, however, the horror would just be beginning.

Crazed_Insanity
October 13th, 2023, 02:20 PM
Americans killing innocent Mexicans because of Cartel sounds as plausible as Israelis killing innocent Palestinians because of Hamas. As we dehumanize them enough, it becomes easier to slaughter them.

In this day and age, it’s just too easy to stir up shit and people end up offended and then all hell break loose.

I think I agree with Atlantic the most when it comes to Hamas’ motive(s):
https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2023/10/israel-hamas-war-iran-trap/675628/

Anyway, I get the feeling from Russia/Ukraine to Israel/Palestine, these actions are clearly ultimately aimed at the US. Weaken the US empire geopolitically… or at the very least drawing done our ammunition stockpile and oil reserves…

China on the other hand really does want Taiwan and not just invade it to mess with US… so China is being more cautious for now? As US become weaker, surely we’ll have a war in Asia as well.

Yw-slayer
October 13th, 2023, 07:27 PM
It's easy to go around invading other places abroad when you're protected by friendly neighbours to the north and south, and have the world's most powerful military built on the untramelled control of an entire continent.

Other countries HATE these simple tricks!

Cam
October 13th, 2023, 08:24 PM
It seems there is never money to help people, but always money to kill people. :(

FaultyMario
October 13th, 2023, 09:05 PM
Nobody will ever convince me that Norman Finkelstein and Jello Biafra are not related.

FaultyMario
October 13th, 2023, 09:05 PM
It's easy to go around invading other places abroad when you're protected by friendly neighbours to the north and south, and have the world's most powerful military built on the untramelled control of an entire continent.

Other countries HATE these simple tricks!

Dude, we're not friendly to them. We know our is place in the kitchen.

Dicknose
October 14th, 2023, 04:17 PM
It seems there is never money to help people, but always money to kill people. :(

quoted because its the truth!

Cam
October 14th, 2023, 05:15 PM
I got an anti-Hamas/pro-Israel ad on YouTube. :erm:

Crazed_Insanity
October 15th, 2023, 06:33 AM
Is it even possible to be seeing pro Hamas and anti Jew ad?

Yw-slayer
October 15th, 2023, 08:40 AM
Dude, we're not friendly to them. We know our is place in the kitchen.

"Neighbours who just about tolerate you"?

21Kid
October 16th, 2023, 09:19 AM
My friend wrote this:
Republican Talk About Invading Mexico Is Dangerous and Unhinged (https://jacobin.com/2023/10/republican-gop-mexican-cartels-us-military-intervention)If???

Trump proposed the idea at least twice during his presidency. :(
“No One Would Know It Was Us”: Trump Thought He Could Fire Missiles Into Mexico and Blame It on Another Country (https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/05/donald-trump-mexico-missiles-mark-esper)

former Defense Secretary Mark Esper recounts that in the summer of 2020, Trump asked, on at least two occasions, if the military could “shoot missiles into Mexico to destroy the drug labs,” saying, “They don’t have control of their own country.” Told all the various reasons this idea was a non-starter, the then president insisted that they could do it “quietly,” adding: “no one would know it was us.” Apparently informed that yes, in fact, people would know it was the U.S., Trump responded that he would simply lie and say we didn’t do it.

Cam, I think about The Chance for Peace Speech & The Industrial Military Complex quite often, and how much progress it's cost us always preparing for war. :(

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone.
It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities.
It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population.
It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some 50 miles of concrete highway.
We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat.
We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people.
This, I repeat, is the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking.
This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron.
These plain and cruel truths define the peril and point the hope that come with this spring of 1953.70 years worth of progress instead of war... Imagine where we'd be right now. :(

dodint
October 16th, 2023, 09:37 AM
I'll just put this here so we can all laugh together:

Sen. Marsha Blackburn
@MarshaBlackburn
·
Follow
In fiscal years 2019 and 2020, under President Trump, only 3 people on the terror watch list were apprehended by Border Patrol.

That number has exploded under Biden.

Biden is refusing to secure our border and keep Americans safe.
https://twitter.com/MarshaBlackburn/status/1713609090771873858

Crazed_Insanity
October 16th, 2023, 09:46 AM
DOD may not have 'invented' the internet, but funded its development.

Defense and space program spendings may seem very wasteful, but they do often times spun off technological progress in other areas.

Ideally we should only have colder wars, recent hot wars seemed really pointless. Putin seemingly just want to flatten Ukraine. Even when it becomes obvious that's not going to happen, Putin is still not giving up. I really don't understand what's Putin's objective. Likewise with conflict in Israel. Hamas also doesn't have any obvious objective to achieve. Seems like main objective is just to create chaos and provoke Israel. These pointless wars really are not worth fighting for.

However, there are definitely incidences when there's a cause worth fighting for. I think most men do have this inborn desire to have a worthy battle to fight, adventure to live and then a beauty to rescue. This is why little boys like to play with guns and Bond and Indiana Jones movies are so popular...

From another perspective, I think we can all agree there's nothing wrong with our immune system 'fighting' off cancer cells or foreign virus or whatever that's not good for us. Defense dept is just like immune system. I'd not advocate we cut off our immune system in the name of progress! :p Of course, our current immune system is going nuts... we are definitely sick with auto-immune disease at this stage...

Yw-slayer
October 16th, 2023, 02:42 PM
Lollll

Cam
October 17th, 2023, 02:15 PM

:erm:

:lol:

retsmah
October 17th, 2023, 02:34 PM

Hah I had to strain a bit to figure out what she was even trying to say, at first I thought your quote must have come from two different people!

sandydandy
October 17th, 2023, 05:57 PM
Re: Israel-Hamas war. A hospital was bombed. Hundreds likely dead. Is this even about self-defense anymore? Looks more like bloodlust. What is the distinction now between Israel and Hamas?

Crazed_Insanity
October 17th, 2023, 06:24 PM
What would be the point of judging them?

So what if Israelis are now bunch of terrorists who killed hundreds or thousands of innocent people?

So now we brand Jews as terrorists. Then what? Problems still not solved.

I understand Israelis probably should’ve been wiser and not allow themselves to be sucked into this. However, it’s easy for us to say, but once we lose our loved ones in an unprovoked attack, maybe I’d lose m mind and become a terrorist too.

This is indeed a screwed up situation. The only winner is the mastermind behind these senseless attacks. The losers may not just be Israel or Ukraine, but actually the United States. These are all proxy wars against the US I think.

I don’t want US to fall, but I also don’t want US to win WW3 too and allow the establishment an even stronger grip of the rest of the world…

We desperately need a better leader. Biden is not it and of course definitely not Trump either…

retsmah
October 17th, 2023, 06:34 PM
Re: Israel-Hamas war. A hospital was bombed. Hundreds likely dead. Is this even about self-defense anymore? Looks more like bloodlust. What is the distinction now between Israel and Hamas?

There have always been more dead in Palestine than Israel (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli%E2%80%93Palestinian_conflict), we just don't hear about the Palestinian deaths in the US.

retsmah
October 17th, 2023, 07:16 PM
I don't claim to be anything near an expert or well informed on this conflict, but a few things I think about it:

-The victims are the Israeli and Palestinian people.
-Disagreeing with Israel's actions towards Palestine does not make you anti-Semitic. There are Jewish people, both abroad and within Israel, that do not agree with the Israeli government's actions.
-Supporting the Israeli government does not make you not-anti-Semitic.

-Many Christians in the US support Israel because they view Israeli control of Jerusalem as a requirement to bring about the end of the world (https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/15/us/american-evangelicals-israel-hamas.html), which they think is not an abstract concept but a thing that will likely happen in our lifetime, and that they can help bring about.

-Anti-Semitic forces in Europe helped to create the modern state of Israel as a way to get rid of their Jewish populations (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zionist_antisemitism#Zionism_as_expulsion)

I think broadly in the US we don't always recognize that the Israeli government, Israeli people, and Jewish people are distinct and don't necessarily believe the same things, and that criticizing the Israeli government does not make you bad or anti-Semitic.

Edit: we'll see if I can make this a proper list!
Edit2: Oh no this got way worse I'll see if I can fix it.

sandydandy
October 17th, 2023, 09:49 PM
-Disagreeing with Israel's actions towards Palestine does not make you anti-Semitic. Agreed.

I am actually pro-Israel when it comes to the underlying issue of their right to exist on that land, and the legality surrounding the establishment of the state. This is something I’m not really interested in debating on here, or even in real life with my pro-Palestinian friends, who seem to put a lot of stock in overly simple ideas about Jews suddenly showing up one day and stealing land. Plus the house/basement/shed analogies that have become popular. This is too complex of an issue for such childish and simplistic logic. I believe both sides have an equal claim to the land.

As far as Israel’s conduct toward the Palestinian people, a lot of it is unconscionable. From the heavy handed military retaliations to their ongoing subhuman treatment, it just sickens me. I often wonder how some Jews can look themselves in the mirror and still claim to be “God’s chosen people” while at the same time cheerlead these types of atrocities.

So with regard to the hospital bombing, Israel is claiming that another militant group is responsible. The jury is out. I admit I instantly believed that Israel was behind it in the same way I instantly believed that Hamas had beheaded 40 babies. I’m trying to get into the habit of fact-checking a lot what’s coming out of this current conflict, because it’s frustrating as the misinformation is overwhelming. It’s at the point where you wonder if even the fact-checkers need to be fact-checked.

FaultyMario
October 17th, 2023, 09:51 PM
Yup, white people displacing native populations to settle in a "new land" has always been a very violent process.

Too bad people like the Arawak or the Khoisan did not have access to mass media.

Rare White Ape
October 17th, 2023, 11:15 PM
The Israel-Palestine conflict isn't about religion or colonialism or terrorism. It's about making line go up for Lockheed Martin and Raytheon.

All that other stuff is just a bonus side effect.

Crazed_Insanity
October 18th, 2023, 08:13 AM
It's definitely possible that the US military industrial complex or the US establishment is evil enough to collaborate with Hamas to start crap. Maybe this is why the intelligence failure?

However, Hamas doesn't usually have good relations with the US though. Even as a conspiracy theorist, I wouldn't go that far. Surely there are other players who'd love to see US get stuck in multiple can never be won forever wars.

Of course these unwinnable forever wars can allow defense companies to make lots of money that's for sure, but US government won't be able to afford that indefinitely.

Crazed_Insanity
October 18th, 2023, 10:00 AM

There are now conflicting reports about this story. Some say it's orchestrated by Hamas to make Israel look bad. Which is not unreasonable.

Whoever's telling the truth, Palestinians still ends up suffering. Hamas knows that they cannot win this war, Israel has iron dome, but they have human shields.... if they can drag Israel into the same mud and cause people to lose sympathy for them... then that's mission accomplished.

So what if their own innocent country men die in the process...

Israel should also understand that they can't win this war either... or wars won't ever solve their problem.

As a religious nut, I really believe it's time for US to let go and let God. US is only making matters worse by supporting one side. US needs to stop playing God.

sandydandy
October 18th, 2023, 01:56 PM
Yeah it looks like it was a rocket launched by the Islamic Jihad group from behind the hospital that misfired and fell in the hospital’s parking lot. Then Hamas immediately blamed Israel and without counting said 500 people died. Media ran with it. Palestinian supporters absolutely believe it without question.

Rare White Ape
October 18th, 2023, 02:25 PM
Just like the decapitated babies claim that western media ran with, then quietly walked back.

In any case… https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/10/12/israel-white-phosphorus-used-gaza-lebanon

Yw-slayer
October 19th, 2023, 12:41 AM
Yeah it looks like it was a rocket launched by the Islamic Jihad group from behind the hospital that misfired and fell in the hospital’s parking lot. Then Hamas immediately blamed Israel and without counting said 500 people died. Media ran with it. Palestinian supporters absolutely believe it without question.

The question you may want to ask yourself is why you believe the Israeli govt version?

Rare White Ape
October 19th, 2023, 04:57 AM
The question you may want to ask yourself is why you believe the Israeli govt version?

This is it right here.

I thought we learned this lesson after the Ukraine invasion. Or do we need more wars to drive the point home?

Blerpa
October 19th, 2023, 04:58 AM

Because he is north american.

Crazed_Insanity
October 19th, 2023, 06:30 AM
To me, the point is kinda like this: Kyle rittenhouse with a big gun is like the Israel, and the 3 dead white Black Lives Matter protesters were the Palestinians. I personally think it’s kinda pointless to take sides in such tragic events but media will inevitably stir up shit. However, even if we do have unbiased media, people will naturally end up taking sides anyways. Once we pick a side, it’ll always be easier to blame the other side.

sandydandy
October 19th, 2023, 08:09 AM
The question you may want to ask yourself is why you believe the Israeli govt version? The short answer is that the word of a civilized country with controls in place and general transparency carries more weight in my eyes compared to that of a terrorist group that'll just say anything at any time.

Crazed_Insanity
October 19th, 2023, 09:45 AM
We all 'believe' in things that we love or care about more.

Westerners will believe western media more. Non-westerners will believe the non-western media more.

Similarly Trump supporters will believe Fox more and Liberals will believe CNN more.

It's human nature.

However, with regard to politics, faith won't save anybody. We just need to actually problem solve. If we absolutely tried everything and there's nothing else to do... then that's why I suggested let go and just let God. They are His chosen people.

As for Ukraine..., I think it's obvious NATO is no longer necessary because Russia is obviously not much of a threat, other than their nukes. NATO will only further pressure Putin to use his nukes.

A lot of current messes around the world is actually due to US getting too cozy at places where they shouldn't be...

G'day Mate
October 19th, 2023, 04:35 PM
Sidney Powell has taken a plea deal. She'll be compelled to testify against other defendants in the Georgia case. That sounds like a pretty big deal ...

Yw-slayer
October 19th, 2023, 04:47 PM
The short answer is that the word of a civilized country with controls in place and general transparency carries more weight in my eyes compared to that of a terrorist group that'll just say anything at any time.

Your govt may consider it a terrorist group. Others do not.

Ah, "civilised", such a loaded word. "Controls" and "general transparency" too.

Do these "civilised" intelligence services and countries, despite having their own biases and needs, never exaggerate, tell fibs, outright lie, or do anything questionable to other groups or countries in the perceived interests of their or their allies, such as maintaining power, justifying actions, and/or national security? Do they never just "say anything at any time"?

Always reflect on the factors that lead to an apparent rush to judgment.

FaultyMario
October 19th, 2023, 04:54 PM
Journalist Amira Hass says the Israeli public is "drunk with the will to take revenge" on Palestinians, driven on by a far-right government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fBSxmliPck

Crazed_Insanity
October 19th, 2023, 05:31 PM
FYI, Biden is not far right government! Yet, we are still sending Israel weapons.

https://apple.news/ANPaYpu_FRjSrTubrlAIt3A

Anyway, not all westerners or Americans think alike… a state department official resigned over US policy with Israel…

However, such Bernie Sander types probably won’t have a very successful political career. Some like Snowden even had to run and hide in Russia!

sandydandy
October 19th, 2023, 05:49 PM
Your govt may consider it a terrorist group. Others do not. That’s fine, everyone’s entitled to their opinion. To normal people who know how to think objectively, Hamas is clearly a terrorist organization who wants to kill every single Israeli. It’s written in their own charter.

Wait, what was that, they changed it? Oh yes, they “softened their stance” with their faux-revised charter, which was nothing but a pathetic PR stunt, as their actual actions don’t seem to align with their words.

Ah, "civilised", such a loaded word. "Controls" and "general transparency" too.

Do these "civilised" intelligence services and countries, despite having their own biases and needs, never exaggerate, tell fibs, outright lie, or do anything questionable to other groups or countries in the perceived interests of their or their allies, such as maintaining power, justifying actions, and/or national security? Do they never just "say anything at any time"? Maybe that’s the modus operandi of your country, so you think that it must be the norm everywhere else. While it’s true that stuff does happen, it’s usually the exception to the rule in the West, and countries with Western-like values, like Israel.

Always reflect on the factors that lead to an apparent rush to judgment. The rush to judgment for me was, as stated earlier, instantly believing the news that Israel had bombed the hospital and killed 500 people, not considering that Hamas was the sole source of the information. You’re right I should’ve reflected on the factors of Hamas being a lying and scummy terrorist organization whose words and claims should be dismissed, and waited for actual evidence to be presented.

Thankfully it now has. I know it doesn’t jive with the narrative that anti-Israel types cling to religiously, but it is what it is.

Yw-slayer
October 19th, 2023, 10:40 PM
Ahhh, more judgment and full-on polemic. No surprise given your views. You do you man.

Crazed_Insanity
October 19th, 2023, 10:47 PM
Who isn’t polemic in this polarizing world?

JoshInKC
October 20th, 2023, 05:33 AM
Maybe that’s the modus operandi of your country, so you think that it must be the norm everywhere else. While it’s true that stuff does happen, it’s usually the exception to the rule in the West, and countries with Western-like values, like Israel.
The idea that governments and intelligence agencies aren't *literally constantly lying* and doing things that any reasonable person would consider at minimum unethical if not flat-out evil, is absolutely wild, given - I dunno, the past 70 years of world history.
Like, seriously- it must be so pleasant and relaxing to just drift through life thinking "Boy, I sure am glad we're the good guys!"

sandydandy
October 20th, 2023, 06:40 AM
The idea that governments and intelligence agencies aren't *literally constantly lying* and doing things that any reasonable person would consider at minimum unethical if not flat-out evil, is absolutely wild, given - I dunno, the past 70 years of world history.
Like, seriously- it must be so pleasant and relaxing to just drift through life thinking "Boy, I sure am glad we're the good guys!" I don't recall saying that. The original question pertained to the reliability of info between Israel and Hamas related to the hospital attack.

Crazed_Insanity
October 20th, 2023, 06:43 AM
I want to be a good guy and I want a good government and that’s why I wanted people like Bernie Sanders.

Majority of Americans believe Biden is good enough. Obama was awesome! Yeah, compared to right wing politicians, sure, but it’s all the same foreign policy.

I now kinda wish Trump was re-elected. I’m pretty sure dismantling of NATO would’ve saved Ukrainians. Not really sure what he’d do with Israel, but I’d bet he’d do different things than the usual. I suspect terrorists and dictators around the world are a bit afraid of his crazy unpredictability! :p

retsmah
October 20th, 2023, 04:45 PM
Sidney Powell has taken a plea deal. She'll be compelled to testify against other defendants in the Georgia case. That sounds like a pretty big deal ...

...and now this guy Cheesebro! Most of my knowledge of breaking up criminal enterprises comes from watching the Wire, but I think this is what happens if you don't cover your crew's lawyers and stuff, they start snitchin'.

Yw-slayer
October 21st, 2023, 07:22 AM
I don't recall saying that. The original question pertained to the reliability of info between Israel and Hamas related to the hospital attack.

Not really, it was about highlighting the fact that everyone has biases and should adjust for them. Anyway, you're obviously comfortable with your well-entrenched worldview, which was why there was and is no point taking the matter any further.

Crazed_Insanity
October 21st, 2023, 09:17 AM
Everyone is pretty well entrenched one way or another nowadays.

Best method is for everyone to just keep hiding in their respective trenches. We’ll just shoot some bullets and throw some grenades and drop some bombs every so often?

2ndMoparMan
October 21st, 2023, 10:28 AM
...and now this guy Cheesebro! Most of my knowledge of breaking up criminal enterprises comes from watching the Wire, but I think this is what happens if you don't cover your crew's lawyers and stuff, they start snitchin'.

Yeah, two people flipping is not a good sign for the rest, but a good sign for us.

Tom Servo
October 21st, 2023, 01:24 PM
I doubt Powell is coherent enough to be a good witness, but Chesebro might be.

sandydandy
October 21st, 2023, 03:33 PM
Not really, it was about highlighting the fact that everyone has biases and should adjust for them. Anyway, you're obviously comfortable with your well-entrenched worldview, which was why there was and is no point taking the matter any further. Literally the same thing can be said about you.

Yw-slayer
October 21st, 2023, 05:20 PM
Haha, we're aware of yours, but you're just guessing at mine.

sandydandy
October 21st, 2023, 07:19 PM
Your worldview in general is an enigma, as are you. I know you hate Billi and his brainwashed bros, (not sure if I'm in that category, but if so then I guess I'm a lun too).

As far as this Israel-Hamas shit goes...if you're irritated that I'm pro-Israel then you shouldn't be. I didn't just switch on the mainstream news one day and magically start supporting Israel. I used to be very anti-Israel in my younger days, partly because it was chic and fashionable, (which it still is), and mostly because I didn't know enough about the situation and just automatically thought Jews were land stealers, because that's what everyone else thought.

If I have a bias now it's because I have a better understanding of the in-depth details. This is why I'm hesitant to debate the subject with my Muslim friend, (who's not even Middle-Eastern), because I know he can't be objective. Last time I tried, (a few conflicts ago), he instantly dismissed everything I said as "all lies". A popular retort I see a lot of pro-Palestinians use on social media to dismiss any evidence of the Jews claim to the land, and acquisition 75 years ago, even the legal purchases. It's "all lies!"

Tom Servo
October 21st, 2023, 07:40 PM
The main thing I'm seeing is people on either side of this making a distinction between the government and the people for the side they like and conflating the two for the side they don't. I've seen a ton of people saying that Israel as a country doesn't reflect the Israeli populace but that all Palestinians are represented by Hamas and vice versa.

It's very frustrating as I keep seeing people talking past each other with those talking points.

Yw-slayer
October 23rd, 2023, 08:40 AM
I think, to be fair, that probably the 3 of us (and possibly most people on this forum) would agree that it's inappropriate to simply dismiss all news/articles that are potentially in favour of the "other side" as "all lies". I mention "other side" loosely, since everyone has some sort of bias on almost every topic.

That's actually the main problem I have with Billi's Brainwashed Bros. Because that simplistic "Star Wars/Good-v-Evil" attitude is what they loved and love.

Crazed_Insanity
October 23rd, 2023, 09:34 AM
You don't even understand which side I'm really on and you have a problem with it.

In the US, I prefer Bernie's side the most, but I don't even agree with Bernie on everything. However, at least I believe he has integrity. Unlike the usual established Dems and Republicans.

In Asia, I can't possibly side with the CCP when they insist on forcibly take over Taiwan. The People's Republic of China really has zero respect for her people. I can't possibly support such hypocritical government.

Now, between US and Chines government, I do believe they're both evil. However, at least American people have *some* power to influence policy.

Regarding Israel and Palestine, I pick no sides. If I were King of US, I'd definitely let go and let God. Enough meddling... we've created enough messes...

Anyway, I think you're brainwashed by eastern media. :p

neanderthal
October 24th, 2023, 09:50 PM
There are no saints in the Israel/ Hamas conflict. BOTH ARE THE BAD GUY.

I don't deny Israels right to exist, but I scoff at the notion it should be at the expense of the Palestinians. The state of Israel is a construct of the western powers in the aftermath of the 2nd world war. That it is practising apartheid against the Palestinian people is deplorable and despicable. period.

Hamas will always be labelled as a "terrorist group." They always label freedom fighters as terrorists. Do I support their tactics. Eww, no, but I support their fight to liberate their homeland of the Zionists who were imposed on them by the British after the war.

Hamster said this fracas is just another means of enriching Lockheed, General Dynamics and Raytheon and I reckon that is the most accurate thing that's been said about the whole Gaza/ Israel thing and the Russia/ Ukraine thing. I feel like a lot of these conflicts are fomented by agents of the "defense industry" and that the government is complicit in all of them. Syria. The coups de etat in Francophone Africa and South America. Civil unrest anywhere!!! The Ukraine invasion, heck the Crimean invasion in 2014. The military industrial complex of the United States, France, and Great Britain has profited from each and every single one of them.

And can someone please tell me why we still have sanctions on Cuba?

Rare White Ape
October 24th, 2023, 11:45 PM
And can someone please tell me why we still have sanctions on Cuba?

Because Cuba would probably refuse to buy arms from American companies and go shopping in Russia instead.

Crazed_Insanity
October 25th, 2023, 07:13 AM
Yeah, that's one short way of putting it. :lol:

It'd suck even more if US is the arms dealer for both sides in a regional war!

I think at the moment, it's just the 'freedumb hating' parts of the world trying to take US down.

Can't wage war with US directly, so you wage wars with friends of US. Makes people think twice about being 'friends' with US...

2ndMoparMan
October 25th, 2023, 12:39 PM
Get TF out and vote.

Crazed_Insanity
October 25th, 2023, 12:54 PM
Foreign policies between W and Obama are pretty much the same man.

Voting is irrelevant in such matters. They're all bought and paid for by the same military industrial complex or whatever giant too big to fail corporations.

They will simply distract us with stupid social issues to bicker on while they laugh all the way to their banks.

Without a relevant 3rd party, it'll be difficult to make policy changes.

Whether you like him or not, Trump has been the only president who rocked the boat the most. I hate pretty much everything about Trump... except the war stuffs. I really wish he could be successful at dismantling NATO. That could've saved a lot of Ukrainian lives.

Don't know about Palestine/Israel situation of course. However, who knows..., if he becomes buddy buddies with all those dictators around the world, maybe he could've avoided a WW3? Of course, the only drawback is that we might also end up with a dictator! :lol:

2ndMoparMan
October 25th, 2023, 04:49 PM
What I meant about voting is getting the fucking repubs out of office. There are too many in there that do want to take down the separation of church and state and take us back to the 50's where the LGBTQ community basically had no rights, women were in the background at BEST, and the earth is only 6000 years old. Fuck. That. Shit.

neanderthal
October 25th, 2023, 09:02 PM
What I meant about voting is getting the fucking repubs out of office. There are too many in there that do want to take down the separation of church and state and take us back to the 50's where the LGBTQ community basically had no rights, women were in the background at BEST, and the earth is only 6000 years old. Fuck. That. Shit.

Vote every single one of them out!!!!

Crazed_Insanity
October 25th, 2023, 09:12 PM
Yeah, that’s what I meant by the use of these social issues to distract American voters while both parties allows US to profit off of wars around the world…

We are spending so much of taxpayer money to enrich the arms dealers fighting these bogus proxy wars…. Eventually we will go broke and then we’ll have No Lives Matter…

FaultyMario
November 7th, 2023, 05:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-VkHfhacAEWY3n.jpg

November the 7th, a day that will live in failure-ness!

Crazed_Insanity
November 7th, 2023, 06:05 PM
:lol:

Crazed_Insanity
November 7th, 2023, 06:11 PM
Should be ‘Infant Me’!

Tom Servo
November 7th, 2023, 06:29 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-VkHfhacAEWY3n.jpg

November the 7th, a day that will live in failure-ness!

I just think about how that whole thing went and start laughing over and over again. Just a beautiful moment.

retsmah
November 7th, 2023, 07:00 PM
At that time there was a guy that made a four seasons total landscaping livery for the MX-5 in iRacing, but instead of making his livery for the current MX-5 cup car he made it for the older, retired MX-5 that was not in use in any official sesssions. He then claimed that he did this on purpose.

Crazed_Insanity
November 8th, 2023, 08:56 AM
While we can laugh about that now, but the sad reality is that Biden's reelection bid could be challenging and amazingly Trump could still make a come back.

This is pretty crazy or insane or both...

Tom Servo
November 12th, 2023, 06:15 PM
Sorta out there, but there's a guy named Joel Pollak. He ran for some office in Chicago a while back, and has for a while been the editor in chief of Breitbart. His wife is the "Chief Economist" at my former employer, ZipRecruiter. Joel is often invited to be part of all-hands meetings there.

He just posted a "SCOOP" that Hamas are going to use fentanyl-filled rockets on Israel. https://twitter.com/joelpollak/status/1723058413096047036?t=U6crSYT_458CBofllJQJUw&s=19

I cannot tell you the level and the different layers of irritation I have at all of this. Fentanyl is dangerous if you inject or ingest it. It doesn't kill you if you touch it, inhale it (except in either a "inhale a bunch of it purposely directly at nose level" or at *insanely impossibly high amounts*) or look at it, despite what the cops would lead you to believe. It's not possible to have it be in a rocket without the rocket vaporizing it. Dropping even tons of fentanyl on a bunch of people would not hurt them unless they ingested it. It's fearmongering that is so easily debunked that the editor-in-chief of a news publication should immediately know it's fucking bullshit, and yet here he is calling it a "scoop". And to know my former employer invites him in to be part of all-hands meetings...well, I can tell how the culture shift there probably helped lead to my termination.

Rare White Ape
November 12th, 2023, 08:19 PM
I've had three injections of Fentanyl right into my belly. I'm still here.

Tom Servo
November 12th, 2023, 08:54 PM
No, I'm afraid you've died six times from that.

Rare White Ape
November 12th, 2023, 09:35 PM
Ahhh sheeeeet

G'day Mate
November 13th, 2023, 03:35 AM
Only three? I was on that stuff for days in ICU. Straight into my spine!

Yw-slayer
November 13th, 2023, 02:24 PM
Ahhh sheeeeet

ZOMBIE

ZOMBIE

ZOMBIEE EE EE

MR2 Fan
November 13th, 2023, 03:24 PM
Tim Scott has dropped out of the Republican Primary, disappointing all 5 of his supporters

2ndMoparMan
November 13th, 2023, 03:41 PM
Tim Scott has dropped out of the Republican Primary, disappointing all 5 of his supporters

He had that many?

MR2 Fan
November 13th, 2023, 04:11 PM
Seeing Trump way ahead in Republican Primary stuff is either extremely bad for the state of the GOP or more of an indication the other candidates are terrible...or both.

Also, there was a few smaller elections last week and the Democrats did great except for Mississippi where they SOMEHOW CONVENIENTLY ran out of ballots in the large mostly black counties. Can't imagine how that happens :|

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2024-republican-primary-updates/

FaultyMario
November 13th, 2023, 08:00 PM
Do you need more pixels?

Crazed_Insanity
November 13th, 2023, 10:35 PM
Does it really matter that much who’s in office?

FDIC our banking regulator seems to have a pretty toxic culture within:
https://www.wsj.com/us-news/fdic-toxic-atmosphere-strip-clubs-lewd-photos-boozy-hotel-12c89da7

Interesting that I only see reports in right leaning media… makes me wonder if this is perhaps fake news? Surely if FDIC leaderships are grabbing female employees by the pussy, it should be bipartisanly reported?

If the allegations are real, no wonder our nation is fucked up… and not really sure party makes any difference…

If it’s just another fentanyl missile, then I suppose there’s not much to see.

Reporters are amazing…

On a more positive note, our Supreme Court finally adopted a new code of conduct so hopefully these justices can be more ethical in the future, but the funny thing is that we still don’t know who and how these new rules will be enforced!

I think that’s the bottom line issue with lots of our govt agencies… doesn’t matter which party is in power, they win. They are certainly not government for the people…

MR2 Fan
November 14th, 2023, 05:42 AM
Do you need more pixels?

Its in the link I posted at least, not sure why it shrunk so much.

Anyway, in other news, I'd like to present the dems with a new slogan of the average American....like we had with Bill Clinton in 1992 with "It's the economy, stupid!"....this year "It's the rent, stupid!". Inflation for other things may be going down, but rent is still insane in most of the U.S. and trying to buy a house is nearly impossible. The problem is Biden and the dems aren't doing crap about it

Tom Servo
November 14th, 2023, 07:41 AM

The board really likes mangling images that are added as attachments.

Crazed_Insanity
November 14th, 2023, 07:45 AM
At least gas prices are coming down, even with 2 wars going on. That's pretty weird.

All reports indicate are showing us inflation is tamed. Economy is growing.

However voters do not feel it though.

Is it because voters are too stupid or perhaps government reports are BS?

Again, it depends on which media you listen to. To be totally honest, I'm not sure who to believe.

If Biden policies are truly working but voters hate them, then chances are, future politicians will not implement beneficial policies that are helping. That'll be bad.

I'm personally on the fence about Bidenomics. Mostly because I don't really understand how economies really work nor do I have any clue on how we can fix the mess we've created...

I just don't believe Biden has the balls to always do the right things because of lobbyists.

Will Trump be better? Of course not! So not looking forward to 2024.

neanderthal
November 14th, 2023, 08:34 AM

Anyway, in other news, I'd like to present the dems with a new slogan of the average American....like we had with Bill Clinton in 1992 with "It's the economy, stupid!"....this year "It's the rent, stupid!". Inflation for other things may be going down, but rent is still insane in most of the U.S. and trying to buy a house is nearly impossible. The problem is Biden and the dems aren't doing crap about it

Currently renting and NOT looking. I was looking, but interest rates and house inflation have driven me out of the market. Maybe i'll look for foreclosures and "take over mortgage" when the economy truly takes a dump.

21Kid
November 15th, 2023, 05:48 PM
Do you think Billi knows that Jill Stein is running again?

Rare White Ape
November 16th, 2023, 06:21 AM
Lovely totally normal thing to do in 2023

https://newrepublic.com/post/176915/tennessee-town-ban-public-homosexuality

Crazed_Insanity
November 16th, 2023, 02:47 PM
Do you think Billi knows that Jill Stein is running again?

With exception to Hillary and kamala, I’m ok voting for pretty much all women on ballots.

I’m willing to give GOP a shot if they get rid of trump and nominate Nikki.

neanderthal
November 16th, 2023, 07:32 PM
Lovely totally normal thing to do in 2023

https://newrepublic.com/post/176915/tennessee-town-ban-public-homosexuality

These are the "small government" and "freedom" and "something something my civil rights" Republicans passing these, right?

There are no good Republicans. Especially if they vote Republican.

Crazed_Insanity
November 16th, 2023, 07:45 PM
By that logic, all democrats must be good, especially if they vote Democrat! They can do no wrong?

Funny thing happened in America lately, conservatives have turned more blue collar and the liberals have became richer and more powerful elites.

It’ll become increasingly difficult to play the simple oppressor vs the oppressed narrative…

Nobody is always right or wrong or good or bad. Such over generalization can’t be good.

neanderthal
November 17th, 2023, 05:03 AM
By that logic, all democrats must be good, especially if they vote Democrat! They can do no wrong?

Funny thing happened in America lately, conservatives have turned more blue collar and the liberals have became richer and more powerful elites.

It’ll become increasingly difficult to play the simple oppressor vs the oppressed narrative…

Nobody is always right or wrong or good or bad. Such over generalization can’t be good.

Being a contrarian, for the sake of being a contrarian, doesn't demonstrate any sense of elevated intellect, despite what you may think. None of us are wowed by your superior intellect. You demonstrate its glaring deficiencies almost. every. time. you. post.

Also, how do you state "by that logic" and then follow it directly with a logical fallacy. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirming_the_consequent) #confused

Example.

If someone lives in San Diego, then they live in California.
Joe lives in California.
Therefore, Joe lives in San Diego.

Nothing that I said, said anything about Democrats. Nothing. If you inferred that from what I wrote, then that says something about you.

You might be sympathetic to their cause and bridle at the constant barrage of negative press they get, but NO ONE made them do it. The treason. The cozying up to racists. Putting kids in cages. Pushing forced birth, even in cases of rape and incest. Sometimes even demanding parental rights for the rapist, which, defacto- legitimises child rape. Etc. Etc. Etc. There is a myriad of shit things, inhumane things even, that Republicans have proposed and enacted, and their sheep have dutifully voted for them at almost every stage. You might be ok with it, but i'm not.

These are the same people who took umbrage with Mr Potato Head, M&Ms (or whatever candy it was,) reading books to children, etc. They tried to ban Dr Suess for fux sakes!!!

Yeah, the "fuck your feelings" crowd can get fucked. If they are offended by my saying that maybe they should examine the saying they espoused.

Crazed_Insanity
November 17th, 2023, 09:52 AM
Clearly their intolerance beget further intolerance on the other side. They fuck with you, naturally you want to fuck them back.

Hopefully the conservatives can truly become more Christ like. So that instead of hate begetting hate, we can have love begetting love.

Anyway, just saying there are good conservative values, I’d even go as far as there are good conservatives!

Nothing inherently wrong with turning either right or left. Both are needed if we’re really going somewhere. We don’t really need superior intellect to figure that out. Btw, I’m pretty sure I don’t have superior intellect.

I honestly don’t understand why people are fighting so passionately against the opposing party. I wish voters could vote passionately and enthusiastically for their candidates though.

Biden and Trump are the best America has to offer? Really? Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad it’s not Xi, but I just wish we can have better politicians.

I know you don’t like Bernie, but imagine if all politicians are like Bernie, I really think our nation and the whole world can become a better place. Anyway, just stopping giant corporations from buying politicians can probably go a long way. Oh and Supreme Court justices too!

neanderthal
November 17th, 2023, 04:30 PM
You don't understand why people are fighting so passionately against the opposing party?

Well, they're literally trying to fuck the country, for one. They have ONE senator holding up military appointments. One. They all state that he shouldn't do that. But none of them vote to overturn his opposition.
All while there is war/ humanitarian crises in several sensitive areas. There's one reason.
Additionally they ALL voted against the infrastructure bill. It helps the people. However, they all voted for Trumps tax cuts for millionaires. Etc etc etc.

Stop pretending like they've done and aren't continuing to do no wrong.

Crazed_Insanity
November 17th, 2023, 07:58 PM
Each side sees how the other side is fucking the country up.

I can agree the conservative side is fucking things up more, but the reality is that majority of Americans also don’t feel the liberal side is doing that great either.

The one thing I’d give trump credit for is his lack of wars! He actually pulled out of Afghanistan. If he dismantled NATO, Putin likely won’t invade Ukraine. The Abraham Accords may or may not bring peace in the Middle East, but at least trump was on the right path there.

I would not like him to become a dictator of course… nor do I really want him as president again. Point is even Trump wasn’t all bad.

A lot of conservatives also like the fact that trump gave them cheaper gasoline than Biden… but anyway, I just wish I can be enthusiastically voting for a politician… someday. Rather having be pick between one big fucker and the other little fucker. Anyway, at least Bernie Sanders like Biden enough to not run against him. Maybe Biden isn’t a little fucker… just someone I’d go… meh.

I’ll just keep praying for God to raise somebody good to show up on the ballot I guess. If Nikki can beat Trump, I’d likely give her the chance over Biden. Do you have any reasons why Nikki should not be President other than she’s GOP? ;)

Tom Servo
November 17th, 2023, 10:00 PM
Only seeing one side of this convo, but I mean - any party that's like "No, George Santos is fine and should keep his seat" is deeply unserious.

FaultyMario
November 19th, 2023, 02:52 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_VZsl9WwAAM619.jpg

In case some context is needed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqG6wCaGeqQ).

MR2 Fan
November 19th, 2023, 04:39 PM
Random thought about racism/identity politics and the current horrible situation in Israel/Gaza.

Some right-wingers are now claiming that "jewish" people are attacking "white people". I didn't realize that your religion has to do with how white your skin is?

Does becoming jewish mean your skin turns darker? that's weird.

Basically I'm so fed up with these outdated concepts of race and religion etc. etc. that humanity should have gotten over decades ago, but some people never learn.

Tom Servo
November 19th, 2023, 05:11 PM
It's an antisemitic version of the Great Replacement theory. The general gist is that Jewish people control the world, and part of that control will be making whites a non-majority in the US by enabling illegal immigration and slowly making whites a minority. George Soros and the Rothschilds, of course, are the main people running this show.

And yes, that is the thing that Musk called the "actual truth", but is now attempting to claim he's not antisemitic.

Crazed_Insanity
November 19th, 2023, 09:12 PM
It’s only natural for Jews to hate white Nazis because white Nazis tried to get rid f them. I thought that was the ‘actual truth’ is about.

Anyway, of course not all Jews are as far right as Netanyahu. Just as not all white folks are Nazis. Conservative extreme right folks tend to treat people outside of their group badly. Whether it’s build a wall to keep them outside or locked them up to keep them in a camp, or just slaughter their neighbors to get rid of them… this happens universally in Germany, USA and Israel. That’s the danger of right wing extremism.

The danger of left wing extremism is… as long as you are the poor oppressed group, then you can do no wrong. Since they fucked with you 1st, then you are justified to fuck them back! We can easily justify hatred, intolerance, riots, looting… to go as far as unwilling to see Hamas, as part of the oppressed Palestinians, as a terrorist group…

Reality is that not all Jews wanted to treat Palestinians so badly. Likewise, not all Palestinians want to commit acts of terrorism like Hamas.

However, it’s always these asshole extremists on both sides fucking shit up for everyone else. The real culprits are not even these extremist groups, but the person fanning the flames between those 2 groups so that he can sell them bullets and profit from wars.

Tom Servo
November 19th, 2023, 09:56 PM
Popehat nails it pretty well here. My Free Speech Means You Have To Shut Up (https://popehat.substack.com/p/my-free-speech-means-you-have-to)

Tom Servo
November 19th, 2023, 10:07 PM
It’s only natural for Jews to hate white Nazis because white Nazis tried to get rid f them. I thought that was the ‘actual truth’ is about.

Oh, come on. There's no way it reads like that. I mean given the context, do you think people saying "Hitler was right" were actually trying to say "we understand why you might be upset with us"?

FFS man. I refuse to believe you're this deluded. I mean, I know you are, but I was curious to see how you'd bend over backwards to defend Musk. I didn't expect Eastern European gymnast levels of contortions like this though.

sandydandy
November 20th, 2023, 08:54 AM
Random thought about racism/identity politics and the current horrible situation in Israel/Gaza.

Some right-wingers are now claiming that "jewish" people are attacking "white people". I didn't realize that your religion has to do with how white your skin is?

Does becoming jewish mean your skin turns darker? that's weird.

Basically I'm so fed up with these outdated concepts of race and religion etc. etc. that humanity should have gotten over decades ago, but some people never learn. I believe the original Jews actually native to the land were darker skinned. They say Jesus was olive skinned as well, and so naturally all Jews that didn't leave the region when the majority were kicked out retained their skin tone. My insurance agent from many many years ago was a brown guy who had Jewish/Israeli symbols in his office. I was confused and asked him if he was Jewish. He looked at me confused and said yes. I think part of the reason European Jews are/were hated (by Germans especially) was because they weren't looked at as really being white. They either racially mixed with various Caucasians, or hundreds of years of less intense sun in Europe made them "white".

Tom Servo
November 20th, 2023, 09:32 AM
I also just think there's an "othering" going on there. I mean, white supremacists traditionally have not been huge fans of Jews, regardless of their skin tone.

FaultyMario
November 20th, 2023, 12:10 PM
I am myself not a fan of Iván Illich, but his work on explaining alterity (otherness) is recommended reading (https://o500.org/books/ivan_illich_tools_for_conviviality.pdf).

Crazed_Insanity
November 20th, 2023, 02:45 PM
Oh, come on. There's no way it reads like that. I mean given the context, do you think people saying "Hitler was right" were actually trying to say "we understand why you might be upset with us"?

FFS man. I refuse to believe you're this deluded. I mean, I know you are, but I was curious to see how you'd bend over backwards to defend Musk. I didn't expect Eastern European gymnast levels of contortions like this though.

People can read the same texts and come up with various interpretations… who’s really right or wrong? Only the original author can say. If the texts were from God or if the authors are dead, then it becomes open to interpretation.

We can fight all we want about who’s right or wrong or we could try to work together to solve actual problems!

For now, let’s say Elon is a real actual absolute Nazi in the closet. What can we do now?

Destroy all teslas and burn down all his rockets?

I’m pretty sure it wasn’t his words nor his money that encouraged Hamas. I also don’t believe he provided Israeli soldiers all the weapons to slaughter the innocent Palestinians.

The real culprit was not Elon Musk, but it’s fun to blame him. Of course his loud mouth deserves some blame too. He should just stay quiet and shut the fuck up, but of course his flawed personality just couldn’t help himself!

neanderthal
November 20th, 2023, 03:48 PM
The *incredible* lack of self awareness.

YOU'RE HIS BIGGEST FUCKING FAN!!!!!

Lots of us have said he's problematic, many times ... but billi knows better than we do. :rolleyes:

Crazed_Insanity
November 20th, 2023, 05:46 PM
Self awareness? What’s does that have to do with anything? Or did you mean why I wouldn’t be self aware enough to care about peer pressure? :p

Who in this world isn’t problematic?

I can agree our world has lots of problems but I really think Elno is probably too busy tweeting and building EVs and rockets instead of causing the various societal problems. I also don’t believe he has anything to do with wars around the world.

I wish we could find the real culprit of our root problem. My guess would be all the members of central bankers. But I suppose elno is just a convenient target.

Tom Servo
November 20th, 2023, 09:24 PM
I'll admit it was a moment of weakness before, but I just *had* to see how he was defending Musk, because I knew he would despite it being glaringly obvious from not only this instance but previous statements that Musk is antisemitic (and transphobic and and and), but I admittedly was surprised at how deeply unserious he is.

There is literally no way to interpret that exchange in that way without willfully just wanting it to be that. There is nothing in the wording, nothing in the phrasing, nothing in the context that supports that conclusion.

Just astonishing stuff. Breathtaking, really.

But it comes from the same rotted brain type that also sues Media Matters over their article about ads being run next to Nazi content blaming advertisers for leaving rather than the post he made that arguably endorsed an antisemitic version of the Great Replacement conspiracy theory, but inarguably did not argue that "Jews only hate white Nazis." The same rotted brain type that is about "absolute freedom of speech", even if it's false, but then suing to silence a voice he doesn't like.

Of note, Musk also took the time to post numerous pre-transition pictures of the trans author that wrote the Media Matters story. What's the point of that if not transphobia?

Rare White Ape
November 20th, 2023, 10:23 PM
How long before that cockbag gives Trump his account back?

Rare White Ape
November 20th, 2023, 10:25 PM
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1070343311736459334/1175251136136089712/IMG_0732.jpg?ex=656a8ce9&is=655817e9&hm=f6ef50ac678572e26314d96ca3cfaa4b9e5b3aace91c2de 775894ca414da58f3&

Crazed_Insanity
November 21st, 2023, 12:43 AM
I'll admit it was a moment of weakness before, but I just *had* to see how he was defending Musk, because I knew he would despite it being glaringly obvious from not only this instance but previous statements that Musk is antisemitic (and transphobic and and and), but I admittedly was surprised at how deeply unserious he is.

There is literally no way to interpret that exchange in that way without willfully just wanting it to be that. There is nothing in the wording, nothing in the phrasing, nothing in the context that supports that conclusion.

Just astonishing stuff. Breathtaking, really.

But it comes from the same rotted brain type that also sues Media Matters over their article about ads being run next to Nazi content blaming advertisers for leaving rather than the post he made that arguably endorsed an antisemitic version of the Great Replacement conspiracy theory, but inarguably did not argue that "Jews only hate white Nazis." The same rotted brain type that is about "absolute freedom of speech", even if it's false, but then suing to silence a voice he doesn't like.

Of note, Musk also took the time to post numerous pre-transition pictures of the trans author that wrote the Media Matters story. What's the point of that if not transphobia?

Whether it’s Musk or Peterson or Bible. We can see the same things and reach different conclusions. I must be un serious? Maybe.

I really think it’s like gay man and straight man seeing the same nude photos and have different reactions. Who’s serious and who’s unserious? Who’s right who’s wrong?

As for phobias, if somehow spiders were to achieve significant social status, will it all of a sudden become ‘wrong’ to have arachnophobia?

I do believe we should allow people to have phobias, but we just should not let people’s phobias to harm other folks. If spiders become endangered, we should protect spiders, but to ask all folks to stop being afraid of spiders is probably not a realistic goal.

Anyway, Do you really believe Elno’s tweets or X posts are more dangerous than the bombs and bullets in Ukraine and Gaza?

Yeah, fentanyl missile is probably full of shit but fentanyl crisis is real. Are we doing much to fix that problem? Media would rather have your anger directed at the stupid right wing fentanyl missile than the actual fentanyl crisis.

I do believe poor US policies are indirectly causing those stupid wars around the world, but it’s much easier to get mad at Elon Musk as if he caused all the problems.

sandydandy
November 21st, 2023, 06:02 AM
How long before that cockbag gives Trump his account back? He already did...like a year ago. Trump has only posted one time since. Showing off his mugshot. :lol:

Rare White Ape
November 21st, 2023, 06:40 AM
Well there ya fucking go! Thanks for the correction.

He has 87.4 million followers on the platform going to waste. Cool.

sandydandy
November 21st, 2023, 09:44 AM
I watched Piers Morgan's latest interview with Andrew Tate which went on for over an hour. While I think Tate is a huckster pretending to be a guru and anyone who gives him money is a fool, I have to say he is damn entertaining. Tate tried hard to squirm and talk his way out of admitting being a misogynist, and liked to imply sarcasm for his past words without outright admitting he was joking.

Piers has had a lot of volatile guests in recent weeks, especially last week when he had Mohammed Hijab versus a Rabbi. Two loudmouth pit bulls going head to head, with Piers' own loudmouth trying to intervene, made for a chaotic viewing experience. This one with Tate felt more tame and controlled but still quality viewing.

Rare White Ape
November 21st, 2023, 03:57 PM
Wikipedia summarises this for me:

“On 20 June, the four accused were indicted on charges of rape, human trafficking, and forming an organised crime group to sexually exploit women. They continue to deny all charges and remain under investigation concerning money laundering and trafficking of minors.”

Did Tate have anything of value to say? I highly doubt he did, and wonder why anyone would give him an arena in which to say anything, or why anyone would spend time listening to it.

neanderthal
November 21st, 2023, 06:16 PM
Wikipedia summarises this for me:

“On 20 June, the four accused were indicted on charges of rape, human trafficking, and forming an organised crime group to sexually exploit women. They continue to deny all charges and remain under investigation concerning money laundering and trafficking of minors.”

Did Tate have anything of value to say? I highly doubt he did, and wonder why anyone would give him an arena in which to say anything, or why anyone would spend time listening to it.

I'm sure Billi would love to lick his jock strap. See elno.

Crazed_Insanity
November 21st, 2023, 08:09 PM
Shows how much you know me… :p

I’m really not all that familiar with Andrew Tate. That interview does seem kinda long, not sure if I want to spend an hour listening to the whole thing… hopefully I can find some interesting highlights.

sandydandy
November 21st, 2023, 09:27 PM
Did Tate have anything of value to say? I highly doubt he did, and wonder why anyone would give him an arena in which to say anything, or why anyone would spend time listening to it. Nothing of value aside from defending himself from the charges brought on by the “matrix” and his usual spiel of being a strong man etc. I can’t remember much else…I was busy playing Bubble Breaker on my phone at the time, but did occasionally look up and burst into laughter when the two would shout over each other.

That was actually part one of the interview. Earlier today I watched the second part which was all about the Israel-Hamas war, where Tate took a hard left turn and proceeded to take a shit on Israel, Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro pretty much all at the same time.

Crazed_Insanity
November 21st, 2023, 09:41 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_VZsl9WwAAM619.jpg

In case some context is needed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqG6wCaGeqQ).

The guy won!

I’m keeping my eye on this guy… dismantling their central bank and just go with Bitcoin will shoot themselves in the foot or bring about stability for folks to stand on…

Tom Servo
November 21st, 2023, 10:07 PM
Popehat nails it pretty well here. My Free Speech Means You Have To Shut Up (https://popehat.substack.com/p/my-free-speech-means-you-have-to)

Popehat has realized the error of his ways (https://popehat.substack.com/p/in-which-i-repent-on-free-speech)

Yw-slayer
November 22nd, 2023, 12:27 AM

For the clickz, eyeballz, and shock valuez y0

neanderthal
November 22nd, 2023, 12:14 PM
For the clickz, eyeballz, and shock valuez y0

Something I keep trying to warn my nephews (18, 16, 14) about.

MR2 Fan
November 22nd, 2023, 01:01 PM
Apparently The Netherlands has elected a far-right Trumpian candidate for Prime Minister...sigh

Crazed_Insanity
November 22nd, 2023, 02:02 PM
Days of global cooperation is over. Pendulum is currently swinging toward the more nationalistic direction, decentralization. Each nation for itself or perhaps each person for him or herself…

Tom Servo
November 22nd, 2023, 08:59 PM
Geert Wilders has long been a right-wing internet troll like Katie Hopkins, so you can imagine my joy at this.

Crazed_Insanity
November 23rd, 2023, 06:16 AM
I’m kinda expecting these kind of politicians to win given current trends, but do they really all need to have these kind of weird AI generated looking hair styles? So weird.

Yw-slayer
November 23rd, 2023, 03:02 PM
Well done to Billi's beloved liberal democracy!! Clap clap

FaultyMario
November 23rd, 2023, 03:52 PM
Y0, imma let you finish, but... nah, liberal and representative democracies do suck.

Wake me up when we've figured out horizontal governance with direct legislatures.

Rare White Ape
November 23rd, 2023, 03:57 PM
‘Horizontal governance’ happens between consenting voters in bed right?

FaultyMario
November 23rd, 2023, 05:26 PM
Yup. It's when people are making sweet, sweet love to one another instead of trying to fuck.

Crazed_Insanity
November 23rd, 2023, 05:59 PM
That may just be our problem? While I might know whether if I’m making love or just fucking somebody; however, there’s really no way for me to tell for sure while the other person is making love to me or just fucking me… until after the fact.

There’s nothing wrong with dictatorship if somebody like Jesus is in charge. Democracy also won’t work if everyone is busy fucking with one another.

Humanity is probably somewhere in between Jesus and Satan… so I think American republic might be as good as it’s gonna get. If only we could weed out corruption…

FaultyMario
November 24th, 2023, 06:50 AM
My man, he has to keep an agreeable attitude all throughout the session. It's not just his initial consent, it has to be maintained.

As for the palestinian dude, I refer you to Luke 22 to prove that he did not want to dictate nuthin':

14 When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. 15 And he said to them, “I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. 16 For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God.”

17 After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, “Take this and divide it among you. 18 For I tell you I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.”

TL;DR - Jesús is hittin' the hizzous...

FaultyMario
November 24th, 2023, 05:53 PM
The convicted murderer of George Floyd was stabbed on Black Friday.

neanderthal
November 24th, 2023, 07:08 PM
Angry Beau is the best Beau.

https://youtu.be/q7VLQGG7nks?si=dFuHWPuuIO5YDaPw

neanderthal
November 24th, 2023, 07:10 PM
The convicted murderer of George Floyd was stabbed on Black Friday.

May he live.

And know for everyday of the rest of his life that someone else will try again!!! F that puta!

JoshInKC
November 25th, 2023, 05:52 AM
Happy Shanksgiving to that asshole.

Tom Servo
November 26th, 2023, 05:57 PM
Since this is the de-facto Musk thread - he just posted that "Pam from the office 'they're the same picture'" meme, but equated being swarmed and killed by enemies in Diablo with a picture from a porno of a blond white woman with a group of black men.

The Media Matters lawsuit is a distraction from him endorsing an antisemitic Great Replacement theory. He will continue to blame Media Matters while also equating black men having sex with a white woman as being swarmed by demons.

Can't wait to see which advertisers run for the hills now.

Rare White Ape
November 26th, 2023, 07:10 PM
OMG he’s so funny and relatableeeeeee!

Crazed_Insanity
November 26th, 2023, 07:53 PM
Can you guys share a link? My poor google skills ain’t finding anything…

Anyway, let’s just see if we can successfully cancel Musk and destroy not just X, but also Tesla and SpaceX! That’d be so freaking awesome!

Tom Servo
November 26th, 2023, 08:38 PM
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1728594358486581533

Also - "we" would not be cancelling those things. Musk, in his colossal douchiness would be doing it. Do not forget, it's not other people being horrified by his dipshittery that is causing problems for Twitter, it is his dipshittery that is doing it.

Crazed_Insanity
November 26th, 2023, 09:25 PM
No question about his Trump-like dipshittery tweets or X’s…

However, things have also gotten very political over the years. Media matters… to SEC regulators investigating his dip shitty ass, to Biden claiming GM led the EV revolution…

Yeah, it’d be nice if Elno could just shut up, but it’d also be nice if media could not blow things out of proportion, or for SEC to focus on FTX more instead of Musk and for president to not misspoke so often.

It’s kind like seeing black lives vs blue lives and it’s as if we need to pick a side? Really? Structural racism exists because of cops? Who control the cops?

The root problem is not blue lives nor do I believe it’s Elno.

It’s those who actually control our media, or regulatory agencies and our politicians.

I can agree with you regarding Elon’s dipshittery, but I just don’t think he’s a white supremacist or a Jew hater. Of course I could be wrong.

Tom Servo
November 26th, 2023, 09:42 PM
Goodness me, that was an exceptional word salad.

But it's that last bit. When people show you who they are, believe them. He keeps amplifying antisemitic and racist things. I'm not sure why you don't think he's a white supremacist or antisemitic. Almost everything he's been posting lately has at least nodded towards that if not outright agreed with it. Why do you think he isn't?

Crazed_Insanity
November 26th, 2023, 10:42 PM
Even if he is, so what?

What has he actually done to Jews or all the non white folks?

Or anymore of those special whistles like RFK Jr. did?

Rare White Ape
November 27th, 2023, 02:43 AM
If anyone needs further proof of what goes on in the minds of people like Musk, I shall point you towards this thing which was paid for by Jeff Bezos.

(It was a suggested post under the last link that Tom put up)

https://twitter.com/historyinmemes/status/1728957327498531188

The tweet says:
Jeff Bezos has spent $42 million building a clock that will outlast human civilization in a mountain in Texas
And there's a time lapse video of it being installed in some silo, out of harm's way.

It's called Clock of the Long Now and you can look it up.

I've seen clocks made of Lego that use the smallest gears available in the Lego catalogue and connect them to the very largest gears, and create a drive train where the final gear takes more than a billion years to make a single revolution. A fun but pointless exercise. Devices like this can fit inside a shoebox.

But Bezos wants one made of metal and encased inside a mountain that will run for 10,000 years, as a monument to himself. I have to ask, why? The only conclusion that I can come up with is that he wants to be remembered for an eternity, as some sort of being beyond the reach of God in the past. A replacement for Jesus. We have to bear in mind that Bezos didn't come up with this idea, nor did he design it. He's simply funnelling his immense wealth into it and getting all the credit for the enterprise. If you wonder where the money comes from, then this might be a clue (https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackkelly/2021/10/25/a-hard-hitting-investigative-report-into-amazon-shows-that-workers-needs-were-neglected-in-favor-of-getting-goods-delivered-quickly/?sh=1cc5c78251f5).

Musk wants to colonise Mars. Bezos is building a timepiece to remind the future 'us' about the incomprehensible passage of deep time. Both men want their names attached forever to the progress of civilisation. Only rich cunts can afford to etch their names into the foundation of what comes next. What is this foundation made from? This might be a clue (https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/interactive/2023/electric-vehicles-forced-labor-china/).

If anything comes from this, lessons of the past will be a good indicator. Thankfully, thankfully, we do not immediately remember the names of Khufu, Khafre, or Menkaure, but we do know the pyramids of Giza that were built for them. And we do know that these monuments were built using the physical labour of workers who were more than likely exploited (and some almost definitely killed in the process) in order to complete them.

All in the name of vanity. How does this benefit anyone right now, in 2023? A $42 million clock. My iPhone tells me the time and it only cost me a few hundred bucks.

But that was a Steve Jobs joint... oh shi....

Crazed_Insanity
November 27th, 2023, 07:17 AM
Whether if you’re rich or not rich, you are entitled to decide how you want to spend your money. Especially if it’s legitimately acquired wealth.

I only have a problem with the rich if it’s stolen like how Enron and FTX gained their wealth.

Between Jeff and Elon, I do have more respect for Elon for couple of reasons.

1) if your ex-wife says good thing about you, I think it’s safe to say that you’re probably a pretty decent human being. Of course Elon is far from perfect and there are strife between him and his kids still, but at least compared to Jeff, it’s advantage Elno.

2) Elno inspired or suckered his workers with this shared dream/vision. Whereas Jeff simply profit shares. I think that’s the key reason why blue origin couldn’t catch up to SpaceX. Not to mention all the other lagging EV makers vs Tesla. If Elon were Chinese, BYD probably would be the global dominant EV maker! :p

Anyway, I’m sure the rich Europeans commissioned a lot of talents to build a lot of things and art work… they could’ve saved their money to feed the poor or something, but then we’ll have way less work of arts or amazing looking architectures…

My point is that rich ought to be allowed to pursue their own dreams, however vain it may seem, at least the money can be used to feed the workers’ families and the developmental work could eventually end up advancing all humanity somehow. What’s really lame is the rich getting richer by cheating. We need to stop those kinds asap and throw them in jail.

Tom Servo
November 27th, 2023, 08:04 AM
Even if he is, so what?

What has he actually done to Jews or all the non white folks?

Or anymore of those special whistles like RFK Jr. did?

You're kidding, right? So what if the owner of one of the largest media platforms on earth, one that politicians have used to launch their campaigns, is putting his thumb on the scale based on his racist and antisemitic viewpoints?

Crazed_Insanity
November 27th, 2023, 08:46 AM
Users and advertisers will be able to vote with their actions and dollars.

Elno Must answer to the people one way or another.

Let's just use me as example. Some probably like to label me a homophobe or transphobe or maybe even white supremacist too? Or perhaps just my loudmouthness? Whatever, so people can start pulling away and put me on ignore or whatever...

People are within their right to do whatever they want I suppose.

I can admit that I can be a loud mouth and sometimes say dip shitty things too, but I don't understand how I'm a this phobe or that phobe or anti this or anti that. I know who I am and I know who I'm not. I don't need a 'collective' to label me.

Now I've addressed this issue before, sometimes some people will indeed have certain 'phobias'. Having fear or something or not liking something is not a crime. An actual crime is when something bad is actually committed against somebody!

I just don't agree with you guys' view about Elon... or Peterson... or the Bible! Which is fine. You are entitled to your views, but your views don't make mine wrong though. I just don't believe Elon, Peterson or the bible is as bad as you think. They're definitely not perfect... even Bible was written and compiled by human beings... however, I do believe they've been a net positive so far.

Current political climate is pretty clear now that both right and left have their own versions of the truth. The right is for sure more fucked up than the left, but the left is definitely not always telling the truth either.

Action speaks louder than words.

Elon the loudmouth has accomplished pretty amazing things.

It's kinda sad to see people are beginning to think he's doing it for his own vanity. Who cares if we goto Mars? Who cares about stupid EVs?

Personally I care.

I don't fucking care about the political BS though.

Tom Servo
November 27th, 2023, 08:49 AM
Well, here's the thing. Part of his "answering to the people" is people reacting to what he's posting, and advertisers reacting. Like, you say "So what" about it but then also say that he "must answer to the people." You're trying to have it both ways.

Crazed_Insanity
November 27th, 2023, 09:12 AM
As you know very well, I both side things all the time. Things will inevitably have many many sides, not just one.

I could definitely be wrong about Musk or Peterson or even the Bible. My view point on this side is just my view. You are not wrong to see different things on different sides!

Biased media existed before Elno. Biased media will likely exist after Musk. I can agree we have this problem of the rich manipulating the mass thru media, but I just think people are fixated on the wrong target here. X isn’t really that influential anymore. Elon probably also didn’t spend as much money lobbying politicians as FTX. I really think there are bigger fishes to fry, but those bigger fishes can stay quiet or stay PC. Unfortunately musk doesn’t play that!

I sincerely hope Elon won’t end up like Howard Hughes, the mounting financial/political pressure just might stress him out, but assuming the guy is still sane, I’d like to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Like I said, I prefer to see actions. What was he trying to say on that meme? Even words can be interpreted how ever people want. Who’s right who’s wrong? Difficult to say. Right now it’s only obvious who’s right and who’s left.

Again both siding the issue, I do not trust either side. Accomplish something then I’ll support and cheer you on.

It’s just so easy to try to find faults of others. This is what most politicians do. If you can actually accomplish and build things up, anything, I’ll vote for you!

Tom Servo
November 27th, 2023, 09:34 AM
Well, then I hope nobody makes the trains run on time anytime soon.