PDA

View Full Version : Robin Williams dead

Dicknose
August 11th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Wow - thats a shock.

Without doubt one of the funniest guys of the last 40 years.
Thanks for the laughs.

thesameguy
August 11th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Holy crap... that is tragic! I definitely did not see that coming. :(

novicius
August 11th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Na-nu, na-nu Mork. :toast: :toast::toast:

The359
August 11th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Na-nu Na-nu was definitely what I had in mind when I saw this.

Now the question is which movie of his to watch tonight, theres too many to choose from.

G'day Mate
August 11th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Crazy

Phil_SS
August 11th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Good Morning Vietnam is my favorite because of the story it tells, and I'm a sucker for a period movie. Just a phenomenal performance by him and I think the movie does a great job of displaying the hopelessness of the war.

RIP Robin.

FaultyMario
August 11th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Fuck Depression. Along with cancer. fuck them both.

Yw-slayer
August 11th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Gotta agree man.

Godson
August 11th, 2014, 08:10 PM
I just found out.

Anyone who says depression isn't anything big deserves to be eaten alive by piranhas.

Damn.

jimeezlady
August 12th, 2014, 02:08 AM
What dreams may come...

tigeraid
August 12th, 2014, 03:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQU3EphIpMY

sandydandy
August 12th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Sad. RIP.

I went to CNN.com last night to read the story, and against my better judgment, scrolled down to the Disqus comments and read some pretty stupid stuff from hardcore religious people saying he's going to hell, etc. Some people have no respect.

Crazed_Insanity
August 12th, 2014, 09:05 AM
If there is a God, only God knows whether if someone is going to heaven or hell. Theological beliefs aside, I think we can all agree that suicide sucks. Surely nobody in the world was glad that he killed himself.

Depression surely sucks! If anyone here is suffering from similar suicidal thoughts, please seek help. Your life is precious. Don't ever lose sight of that.

Impreza
August 12th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Surely nobody in the world was glad that he killed himself.

And yet the media is already milking every last inappropriate ounce from the story they possibly can. Disgusting. :(

21Kid
August 12th, 2014, 11:28 AM
:sadbanana:

One of my favorites. He will be sorely missed. :(

Jason
August 12th, 2014, 01:00 PM
I was visibly sad all day at work today. :|

Rare White Ape
August 12th, 2014, 08:48 PM
And yet the media is already milking every last inappropriate ounce from the story they possibly can. Disgusting. :(

The TV stations here were falling over themselves to reschedule their normally scheduled programming to replace it with his filmography.

Just as bad as the usual iTunes catalogue going on the front page when an artist wriggles off.

Leon
August 12th, 2014, 09:20 PM
On an interesting side note, on a few pirated movie sites, a whole bunch of old Robin Williams movies have suddenly shot up to massively popular again :)

Yw-slayer
August 12th, 2014, 11:30 PM
My friend asked an idiot friend of ours whether, after hearing the news, the latter had gone out and bought a bunch of Take That albums.

speedpimp
August 13th, 2014, 03:32 AM
If you want to see how brilliant he can be then check out "World's Greatest Dad". It's pretty dark.

JoshInKC
August 13th, 2014, 04:25 AM
If you want to see how brilliant he can be then check out "World's Greatest Dad". It's pretty dark.

QFT.

Fogelhund
August 13th, 2014, 06:00 AM
Mental Illness... truly a sad plight on our world today. Sadly, most people around those ill don't know who is ill, and even those who are ill, often deny it and don't seek the help they need or get the right help when they do.

Mental Illness is such a sad and devastating illness, and so misunderstood. It has greatly affected my life, and my family, in ways I won't talk about here in detail. It isn't myself, and I am free of this now, but it is a very sad situation in my life.

Robin Williams was such a gift to us all, such an incredible man, well respected, successful and wealthy. It is hard for many to understand how such a person could be ill, but that is the sad part about it... you just don't know. I feel for Mr. Williams, and those close to him.

For those with mental illnesses, please seek help, nobody will judge... and most importantly, please be honest with yourself, and those who try and help, because without that honesty, there is no solution.

In other news, I am no longer married.

Yw-slayer
August 13th, 2014, 06:07 AM
Sorry to hear it, bro, but I hope you're doing well.

LHutton
August 13th, 2014, 06:58 AM
Some people...

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/robin-williams-daughter-zelda-deletes-twitter-account-due-101000773-us-weekly.html

Robin Williams' Daughter Zelda Deletes Twitter Account Due to Trolls, Abandons Instagram "While I Heal"

Crazed_Insanity
August 13th, 2014, 07:47 AM
I didn't bother reading anymore news about Williams' death ever since the news reels are flooded with it... I'm sick of it too.

Anyway, are there any info regarding whether if he left a note? Or with such mental illness, people often end up killing themselves impulsively due to overwhelming pain?

Kinda like dark matter or dark energy... we now know it's there, but can't explain what's really going on... sigh...

Hopefully someday we can figure this out and really help people out. Williams had spoken out against suicide publically before, so it's not like his rational mind doesn't know that he shouldn't do it. Religion alone also can't combat this 'dark side' of the force because I know plenty of pastors or really faithful pastor's kids who ended up killing themselves. Sigh...:(

Hope nobody around here is having suicidal thoughts?

speedpimp
August 13th, 2014, 07:50 AM
Rush Limbaugh blames the suicide on a "political leftist attitude". (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/12/rush-limbaugh-robin-williams-killed-himself-because-of-a-political-leftist-attitude/)

Impreza
August 13th, 2014, 08:17 AM
Fuck Rush Limbaugh. :smh:

21Kid
August 13th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Are you serious?!? :smh: That guy is the worst person alive.

Sad, little man
August 13th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Rush Limbaugh is like PETA. He just says intentionally inflammatory stuff to draw attention to his cause. He knows it's complete insanity, but he says it because it gets people talking about him. (And then he hides behind the shield of "It's just for entertainment." when people call him out on it.) Just look at this thread, why on earth are we talking about Rush Limbaugh here? Because he cleverly weaseled his way into our minds. Just ignore him.

TheBenior
August 13th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Rush Limbaugh is like PETA. He just says intentionally inflammatory stuff to draw attention to his cause. He knows it's complete insanity, but he says it because it gets people talking about him. (And then he hides behind the shield of "It's just for entertainment." when people call him out on it.) Just look at this thread, why on earth are we talking about Rush Limbaugh here? Because he cleverly weaseled his way into our minds. Just ignore him.
This times a million.

SportWagon
August 14th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Shuzbut!

Godson
August 14th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Limbaugh is scum, he has literally sold all of his credibility in his name for fame and income.

G'day Mate
August 15th, 2014, 12:16 AM
As good a place for any as this ...

Triple M bans Kiss nationwide.
Mike Fitzpatrick, Triple M's Network head, has just pulled all Kiss tracks from playlists countrywide on the back of this story.

"Gene Simmons' recent comments are misguided and insensitive," Mike said. "Depression and Suicide are not topics he should be using to further his notoriety or sell records. His desperation to use mental health issues to find relevancy in a modern age is sickening. I can only put it down to a brain fade on his part. The Triple M Network can’t and won’t be playing or supporting this dickhead’s music. I put the challenge out to other stations across Australia and North America to also drop any of this nudnik's songs until such time as he reconsiders his thoughtless and insensitive position."

His comments?

No, I don’t get along with anybody who’s a drug addict and has a dark cloud over their head and sees themselves as a victim. Drug addicts and alcoholics are always: ‘The world is a harsh place.’ My mother was in a concentration camp in Nazi Germany. I don’t want to hear f**k all about ‘the world as a harsh place.’ She gets up every day, smells the roses and loves life. And for a putz, 20-year-old kid to say, ‘I’m depressed, I live in Seattle.” F**k you, then kill yourself,

Fuck you, then kill yourself. I never understand, because I always call them on their bluff. I'm the guy who says 'jump' when there's a guy on top of a building who says, 'that's it, I can't take it anymore. I'm going to jump’. Are you kidding? Why are you announcing it? Shut the fuck up, have some dignity and jump! You've got the crowd.

LHutton
August 16th, 2014, 08:38 AM
JFC!:mad:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/15/westboro-baptist-church-robin-williams_n_5682288.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

WBC announced plans to picket Williams' funeral on Aug. 11 after labeling him a "Fag Pimp."

Freude am Fahren
August 16th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Big surprise. It would be nice to see something like what Panic at the Disco did every time they go out. Panic vowed donated $20 to The Human Rights Campaign for every person that picketed one of their shows or something. Only 13 people people came out so they just gave $1000.

sandydandy
August 18th, 2014, 01:40 PM
There's a bogus 'video' going around Facebook showing Robin Williams saying goodbye. It's a virus so don't click it.

Edit - it's not a virus...but it is a hoax. I thought it was a virus cause my Norton Antivirus was going nuts warning me about an attempted intrusion when I clicked the link.

overpowered
August 18th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Norton is a virus.

LHutton
August 19th, 2014, 09:30 AM
The guy who made my anti-virus software was a fugitive.

Drachen596
August 21st, 2014, 03:41 AM
so World of Warcraft has announced they will be making a character for the game based on Robin Williams. http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/20/6051669/robin-williams-genie-wow-draenor

there's also a petition with a ton of signatures to get Nintendo to put a character based on him into a Zelda game, since it was his favorite and he said thats why his daughter was named Zelda.

Blerpa
August 21st, 2014, 08:58 AM
Nintendo responded with "Meh. We have no plan to do that" already last week. Usual overenthusiastic Nintendo's shtick, uh?

Kchrpm
August 21st, 2014, 10:18 AM
They may do it and just make it a surprise. It's not that hard to make one of their potion sellers a silly guy named Robin, but they likely don't want to be beholden to anything.

21Kid
August 21st, 2014, 10:24 AM
Cool. :up: