PDA

View Full Version : What are you watching?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21]

drew
April 18th, 2024, 11:52 AM
I'm pretty sure it's a known fact I loved Fallout. At least Steam thinks so:

That said, I watched EP1 last night, I'll probably blast through the whole thing this weekend.

We've also started 3 Body Problem. Pretty interesting. The Gentleman is on deck as well.

dodint
April 21st, 2024, 12:21 PM
I started Fallout 3 today. Turned it on to 'just watch the beginning and get my game save established." Three hours later I had to force myself to put it down. :lol:

Tom Servo
April 21st, 2024, 01:52 PM
Hah, it's still my favorite of the bunch, it definitely does a good job of sucking you in.

drew
April 22nd, 2024, 12:58 PM
Nexus mods has 60+ new mods uploaded today. Most are "Lucy" this or that.

dodint
April 23rd, 2024, 04:43 AM
I am putting one of my extra PS3's in the bedroom so I can play Fallout 3 more often. This is normal behavior, right?

My wife hates going to bed by herself so this would be a compromise. She falls asleep in about 10 minutes, before 10pm. I don't fall asleep until after midnight. I figure this way I could play for 45 minutes to an hour more per day than if I only play in the living room.

Perfectly normal behavior.

Tom Servo
April 23rd, 2024, 09:58 PM
Seems like a solid compromise to me!

Rare White Ape
April 23rd, 2024, 10:15 PM
You can play Gran Turismo 6 in bed too!

dodint
April 24th, 2024, 04:50 AM
GT6 was the disc that was still in the drive of that PS3, which used to be my main PS3 for years until I bought the fully backwards compatible launch model. It's the last GT I really enjoyed.

sandydandy
April 28th, 2024, 02:20 PM
Watched a couple of good dramas over the weekend.

The Vow - nice feel good romance that's based on a true story.

Where the Crawdads Sing - I thought it was a fantastic movie with stellar acting by the lead actress. RT has a score of 35% by critics, 96% by audience. I honestly don't know what the critics are smoking here, because this is a great movie. Maybe the movie isn't faithful enough to the book, I don't know.

These days I flat out ignore the critics, unless the audience score is in consensus. Those people are largely full of shit and completely useless.

Tom Servo
April 28th, 2024, 09:42 PM
For me, the key is to find some critics that you like and align with. There are so many movies that I absolutely hate that have high audience scores.

dodint
April 29th, 2024, 04:06 AM
The only critic I pay any attention to is Nostalgia Critic (Channel Awesome) on Youtube.

dodint
May 1st, 2024, 10:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT7h6sUeUhU

MR2 Fan
May 1st, 2024, 10:58 AM
please netflix......don't screw it up...don't screw it up...don't screw it up

Rare White Ape
May 1st, 2024, 07:48 PM
Dodint, this isn't the "what you are NOT watching" thread.

Crazed_Insanity
May 2nd, 2024, 08:16 PM
Well. I AM ‘watching’ that trailer… :p

So looking forward to it… yes Netflix, please don’t screw it up!

speedpimp
May 7th, 2024, 03:43 PM
I watched Unfrosted on Sunday. Great silly fun.

dodint
May 7th, 2024, 06:34 PM
You're the only one I have heard that liked it.

sandydandy
May 11th, 2024, 01:50 PM
I watched Crips and Bloods: Made in America. Pretty powerful stuff and it explains thoroughly the conditions that led to the formation of these factions. It’s sad to see so many young people caught up the gang lifestyle that can’t see beyond the trap they are seemingly stuck in. Some of these kids haven’t even seen the Pacific Ocean. To outsiders like me the whole thing just looks so absurd, but when you look at it closely you realize these people are pretty much trapped in a cycle of violence that’s like an open air prison of their own making.

X-Men '97 has lived up to my expectations and even surpassed them. One episode left in the first season. It’s going to be fantastic!

Dark Matter was finally released on Apple TV. Two episodes in and I’m loving it!

Tom Servo
May 11th, 2024, 05:28 PM
Huh, I'd be interested to see that gang documentary. I'm curious to see how much it aligns with my experience here - admittedly, as far from a gang member as you can possibly be, but in LA where as far as I know both formed.

And hey, I was on a jury for someone in the Rollin' 30s Crips, so that's some sort of street cred, right?

sandydandy
May 11th, 2024, 05:57 PM
I watched it on Prime Video. It’s a good documentary.

Kchrpm
May 12th, 2024, 12:43 PM
You're the only one I have heard that liked it.

I've also only heard negative reviews of Unfrosted before this, so I'm glad someone is enjoying it. I liked the concept of parodying the biopic of a corporation/product and some of the people involved.

JoeW
May 13th, 2024, 09:41 AM
Dark Matter was finally released on Apple TV. Two episodes in and I’m loving it!

End of episode 2 was fucking shocking.

speedpimp
May 13th, 2024, 11:52 AM
Watched the first two episodes of Dark Matter and need to see a bit more. On episode seven of Sugar. Good show, bit hard to follow at times.

Back to Unfrosted, if this had been shot in black & white as a drama and with a deeply somber tone(yet keeping all of the oddball characters) it would've worked just as well, but on an entirely different level.

sandydandy
May 13th, 2024, 02:29 PM
End of episode 2 was fucking shocking. It gets better. I read the book a while back and so far the story is staying faithful to it. But man there was a lot that I forgot. It's okay I like being surprised.

Freude am Fahren
May 13th, 2024, 03:07 PM
It's funny, I was reading Dark Matter before my surgery last year, then reading was hard after, then the baby came, so I never finished it. I've watch the first two episodes as well, and I'm trying to decide if I should finish the book (spoil the rest of the series), or series first (and maybe finish the book one day).

I didn't love the way they revealed it was another version of him like right away. I feel like it could have been more of a shock moment if they maybe rearranged a bit in the first episode, and you only see it when his wife sees him come home. Like you knew it was him before they showed him. I seem to remember it being a bit more of a surprise in the book, but maybe not?

sandydandy
May 13th, 2024, 03:26 PM
I didn't love the way they revealed it was another version of him like right away. I feel like it could have been more of a shock moment if they maybe rearranged a bit in the first episode, and you only see it when his wife sees him come home. Like you knew it was him before they showed him. I seem to remember it being a bit more of a surprise in the book, but maybe not? Yeah that's one thing I kind of forgot from the book. Did they reveal the other Jason right away or later on? I still can't remember that part well.

sandydandy
May 23rd, 2024, 02:59 PM
I started watching United Gangs of America. First episode was about the Bandidos. I'd say these motorcycle gangs are really cool if the majority of them weren't a bunch of racist shitheads openly displaying swastikas and such. That's a turnoff for sure, but at least the motorcycles are cool. I did watch half of the first season of Sons of Anarchy a couple of years ago, but eventually lost interest. The whole "outlaw" lifestyle is sort of interesting, but it doesn't really appeal to me.

Second episode of this series is about the women of MS-13, but I haven't watched it yet.

Also recently watched Disturbia with Shia LeBeouf, which was quite intense and good. It's from 2007 when I think Shia was near his peak. I haven't seen anything noteworthy from him since the early 2010's.

speedpimp
May 28th, 2024, 02:39 PM
Bruv, if you like UGA then you'll probably enjoy Gangland as well.

JoeW
May 28th, 2024, 04:06 PM
Dune 2 was great.

Tom Servo
June 1st, 2024, 09:54 PM
Rewatching Orphan Black while I hang out without Michele until we have a better idea what's going on with her dad. It's too bad it's not streaming for free in the US anymore. I forgot just how insane the first episode is.

sandydandy
June 6th, 2024, 06:02 AM
Bruv, if you like UGA then you'll probably enjoy Gangland as well. Naah, bruv. I abandoned UGA after the first episode.

Watched Mean Dreams, which I believe is one of Bill Paxton's last roles. It was okay.

Dark Matter is heating up. Really good so far. I keep trying to compare it to the book but it's hard because my memory of the book is quite hazy. Some of the visuals are truly amazing.

speedpimp
June 7th, 2024, 01:44 PM
Watched the third(and probably last) season of The Outlaws. It finished up everything as perfectly as it could've been.

Eric on Netflix has Benedict Cumberbatch as a puppet maker on a kids tv show whose son goes missing and then all sorts of weird shit happens.

speedpimp
June 7th, 2024, 01:45 PM
Naah, bruv. I abandoned UGA after the first episode.

Oh well, it was worth a try, me bruv.

Phil_SS
June 17th, 2024, 09:07 AM
Documentary about STAX Records (MAX). Really well done. Highly recommended.

George
June 17th, 2024, 11:54 AM
^ Ooh, that sounds great. Thanks for mentioning it. I wasn't aware of it.

I enjoyed this one a while back about Muscle Shoals. It's free on YouTube and almost two hours long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-S576-2qhk

speedpimp
June 17th, 2024, 01:52 PM
Documentary about STAX Records (MAX). Really well done. Highly recommended.

Loved what I've seen. Means even more since Jr. Walker and The All-Stars were a local band(as were Tommy James & The Shondells).

Cam
June 17th, 2024, 07:11 PM
New season of The Boys. Diabolical.

Blue Eye Samurai is compelling. Animation style is a bit jarring to me at times. Only things an animator would care about.

Leon
June 17th, 2024, 08:57 PM
Bridgerton season 1.
It's a bit tame and angsty to be honest.

MR2 Fan
June 18th, 2024, 05:11 AM
I want to start watching House of the Dragon S2 but don't want to pay for Max right now...will probably wait until the season is over (and may re-watch S1 first as it's been a while)

speedpimp
June 18th, 2024, 01:19 PM
The Last of Us.

sandydandy
June 18th, 2024, 03:30 PM
I haven't even watched the first season of House of the Dragon. I struggle to find interest. I was saddened to learn recently that the planned Jon Snow spinoff was axed. My interest in anything GoT related is now too microscopic to compute. Likely forever.

Started watching Who Killed WCW? docuseries by Vice. Fantastic stuff so far. If I haven't said it before, I'll say it again, Vice is the absolute best!

MR2 Fan
June 19th, 2024, 05:00 AM
FWIW, I liked House of the Dragon more than GOT....having said that, I also binge-watched GOT years after it came out. Sometimes that means you're less invested in the plot points by not having any "cliffhangers" that aren't resolved immediately when binge watching.

George
June 20th, 2024, 01:32 PM
Phil, I finished the first episode of the STAX documentary. Fantastic! Thanks again for bringing it up.

G'day Mate
June 20th, 2024, 09:50 PM
The Last of Us.

I watched that while I was in hospital last year. I made sure I had finished the game beforehand too. Looking back ... I remember enjoying it, but I don't specifically remember all that much of it. Must've been the drugs.

Tom Servo
June 20th, 2024, 10:16 PM
Got a lot of time to myself right now. Watched all of Mr. Show, now watching Tenacious D.

sandydandy
July 1st, 2024, 09:33 AM
Watched the BET Awards last night. It was mostly good. I missed the first half so I didn’t get to see Will Smith perform. Good performances by all - especially Lauryn Hill at the end, who performed with her son and Wyclef Jean. That was seriously high energy and nostalgic as well.

The downsides…they are aplenty.

Usher getting muted (for TV viewers) by the censors during his acceptance speech for the lifetime achievement award. Seriously WTF?? A few harmless f-bombs and they take his voice away, yet they have no problem showing 3/4 naked women dancing around performing lewd acts on stage. Felt like I was in a strip club when watching some of these girls dancing. That’s seems to be okay with BET, but a few curse words no no can’t have that. BTW not complaining about the women, it was pleasing to my eye, but interrupting a legend giving an inspirational speech because of a little language left a bad taste. Luckily I was able to catch Ursher’s full speech online afterwards, and the curse words were so few and far between yet they censored the majority of it for TV. Bullshit.

Another bad thing was OJ Simpson in memoriam. No further explanation necessary.

The worst offense of the night was when they ended the show without even handing out all of the awards. At 12:00 midnight it abruptly ended and I was like WTF? What about the rest of the awards? Major awards too like best male and female hip hop artists. Those were announced online afterwards. Slowly dripped out over the next few hours. Kinda felt like a scam.

Don’t think I’ll be watching BET Awards again.

Tom Servo
July 1st, 2024, 10:16 AM
That's weird-ass American puritanism for you. It makes no sense and is entirely based on what evangelicals have convinced their followers to write angry letters about 40 years ago and spineless execs just follow.

speedpimp
July 3rd, 2024, 03:34 PM
That's weird-ass American puritanism for you. It makes no sense and is entirely based on what evangelicals have convinced their followers to write angry letters about 40 years ago and spineless execs just follow.

Violence is perfectly fine, dancing girls are a case by case basis(Lawrence Welk level polkaing is good and wholesome, anything more than that that shows a hint of an ankle or wrist is damnable, foul language of any sort must be rooted out at the tongue.
THINK OF THE CHILDREN! WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN!

SportWagon
July 3rd, 2024, 05:15 PM
The Avengers occasionally on the retro channel. Second series with Honor Blackman. Happened to catch its first episode.