PDA

View Full Version : What are you watching?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

novicius
April 12th, 2017, 04:36 AM
Well I did watch Death Race 2: The Prequel the other night, that's about on par. :lol:

dodint
April 12th, 2017, 05:52 AM
Anyone watch Brockmire? It's basically East Bound and Down with Hank Azaria playing the role of Danny McBride, this time as an announcer instead of a player.

I thought it was on HBO, not IFC. Waiting for my DVR to catch the reruns.

sandydandy
April 12th, 2017, 07:20 AM
I watched 'It Follows' last night and it was decent. I saw that it received universal acclaim from critics as well.

What sets it apart from other horror type movies is its slow buildup of dread. As opposed to the cheap jumpscares that have become the norm in the genre. I personally don't scare easily, but this movie had some genuine terror. I highly recommend it. It's going to disappear from Netflix soon I think, so watch it while you can.

Drachen596
April 12th, 2017, 08:27 PM
Recently watched Neighbors and Neighbors 2. far better than i was expecting.

I also watched the Female Ghost Busters. the cameos from the originals was good. Movie was enjoyable and lots of little jokes scattered around.

And finally I watched Pitch Perfect 2 again. I have some weird thing where I really enjoy both these and the Step Up movies. I think the Guatemalan girl in Pitch Perfect 2 is pretty funny with life experience quips after one of the other girls has a distinctly first world problem.

Leon
April 13th, 2017, 12:41 AM
I really enjoy the Pitch Perfect movies, so you're not the only guy out there who likes them. I will generally watch them a few times a year.

Haven't seen the Ghostbusters redo though.

Still watching The Expanse (and reading the books too). Loving it. Such an enjoyable series.

Freude am Fahren
April 13th, 2017, 08:21 AM
I've never watched Pitch Perfect (or Step Up), but I hate musicals (or really any singing in movies, I don't know why). I do love me some Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson though. Maybe I'll give it a try if I see it streaming on Netflix.

tigeraid
April 13th, 2017, 09:39 AM
Still watching The Expanse (and reading the books too). Loving it. Such an enjoyable series.

Can you believe the effects? The scene with Alex walking through the big blown-up 3d map of the of the Jovian system looked damned near as good as any movie. How does Sci-Fi have the budget?

Leon
April 13th, 2017, 12:14 PM
Yeah, Expanse definitely stepped it up a level for TV.

Kchrpm
April 13th, 2017, 12:28 PM
I also watched the Female Ghost Busters. the cameos from the originals was good. Movie was enjoyable and lots of little jokes scattered around.
The extended version they sold on BluRay/digital adds some great, silly scenes/extensions that they left out of the theatrical release.

Freude am Fahren
April 13th, 2017, 02:14 PM
Can you believe the effects? The scene with Alex walking through the big blown-up 3d map of the of the Jovian system looked damned near as good as any movie. How does Sci-Fi have the budget?

I think part of it is the hardware, software, and artists to do that kinda thing have become much more affordable and accessible. Some 13 year old could probably make the effects from the Star Wars sequels on his iPhone now.

MR2 Fan
April 13th, 2017, 02:37 PM
I know there's some amazing rendered "movies" done using purely Blender, a free 3D program

MR2 Fan
April 13th, 2017, 02:38 PM
I think part of it is the hardware, software, and artists to do that kinda thing have become much more affordable and accessible. Some 13 year old could probably make the effects from the Star Wars sequels on his iPhone now.

Probably do them better too!

Drachen596
April 13th, 2017, 09:09 PM
I've never watched Pitch Perfect (or Step Up), but I hate musicals (or really any singing in movies, I don't know why). I do love me some Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson though. Maybe I'll give it a try if I see it streaming on Netflix.

Neither is at the moment. Though I suspect one or both will return at some point soon since the 3rd comes out this fall/winter in theaters. Katy Sagal is in #2 as well though its a real small part.

Fwiw most of the singing is during events/competitions in the movie so its not just Disney style blare out a song about tying shoes type stuff.

Drachen596
April 14th, 2017, 06:20 PM
Went and saw the new Fast and Furious movie today.

It wasn't bad although the side of me that recognizes certain things was frustrated as hell. If you've seen the trailer you probably saw the car horde thing, that annoyed me a lot.

speedpimp
April 15th, 2017, 05:33 PM
Watching Sandy Wexler(Sandler's latest Netflix movie). Could've been a lot better.

Leon
April 15th, 2017, 06:53 PM
Went and saw the new Fast and Furious movie today.

It wasn't bad although the side of me that recognizes certain things was frustrated as hell. If you've seen the trailer you probably saw the car horde thing, that annoyed me a lot.

I think I managed to watch under ten minutes of the previous F&F movie installment, before I had a gutsfull of seeing nothing but tired cliches being taken for another ride around the block.

Deleted it off the hard drive, and cursed my stupidity for even bothering to pirate it.

Drachen596
April 15th, 2017, 06:57 PM
The movie was enjoyable although ridiculous. My issue was the car horde was all cars without actual self driving abilities and I don't think self park gives it the ability to take over entirely. Oh.. and the car horde including Crown Vics. they dont have ANY auto drive or internet hackable features.

It also pissed me off when they were dealing with the Russian sub. Its an attack class sub, an Akula not one of their ICBM subs. They dont carry vertical launch nuclear missiles

speedpimp
April 16th, 2017, 03:35 PM
Quit overthinking it, Joe. I did just that and loved the fuck out of it.

dodint
April 16th, 2017, 03:49 PM
Watching Sandy Wexler(Sandler's latest Netflix movie). Could've been a lot better.

Made it halfway through it and backed out. By it, I mean, the trailer.

Leon
April 16th, 2017, 05:25 PM
Rewatched Force Awakens. Still enjoyable :)

novicius
April 17th, 2017, 04:35 AM
Finished watching Into The Badlands. Atrocious acting, convoluted plot, ridiculous setting and middling to decent fight scenes.

Basically out-Iron Fisted Iron Fist. :lol:

G'day Mate
April 17th, 2017, 05:10 AM
Just finished season 11 of Trailer Park Boys

sandydandy
April 17th, 2017, 05:40 AM
I watched three decent movies yesterday.

Honeymoon, which is a Spanish film about a crazy doctor who kidnaps his neighbour's wife and keeps her in his dungeon in an attempt to make her his own wife.

A Patch of Fog, about a famous Irish author dealing with an obsessed fan.

Under Suspicion, featuring the heavyweight acting abilities of (the now retired) Gene Hackman and Morgan Freeman. Watching the two of them work against each other is a real treat. A good murder mystery flick.

Regarding Fate of the Furious - I too watched it this weekend, and it was okay.

Two things bothered me...

1. The new guy, they called him Little Mr. Nobody, played by Scott Eastwood. Clearly they're positioning him to take Paul Walker's spot in the franchise, and I don't like it. I hated how he was sitting at the table during the BBQ at the end, as if after one mission he's suddenly a part of Dom's family. I know we're supposed to slowly let go of the Brian O'Connor character, but it seems like they're trying to force a new, similar looking, character on us too soon, and most of us aren't ready for it yet. Walker's presence was sorely missed in this film.

2. Dom's acceptance of Deckard Shaw. Yeah I know he saved his kid and everything, but did Dom suddenly forget that this is the same Shaw who blew up Han and nearly blew up Brian and Mia and their son? I guess he gets a pass for that now?

Kchrpm
April 17th, 2017, 07:17 AM

1. The new guy, they called him Little Mr. Nobody, played by Scott Eastwood. Clearly they're positioning him to take Paul Walker's spot in the franchise, and I don't like it. I hated how he was sitting at the table during the BBQ at the end, as if after one mission he's suddenly a part of Dom's family. I know we're supposed to slowly let go of the Brian O'Connor character, but it seems like they're trying to force a new, similar looking, character on us too soon, and most of us aren't ready for it yet. Walker's presence was sorely missed in this film.

2. Dom's acceptance of Deckard Shaw. Yeah I know he saved his kid and everything, but did Dom suddenly forget that this is the same Shaw who blew up Han and nearly blew up Brian and Mia and their son? I guess he gets a pass for that now?

Don't you know? Things happen fast & furious in that world, as opposed to a little bit at a time.

novicius
April 17th, 2017, 08:48 AM

For my part I was hoping that they'd put the character of Sean Boswell in for Brian O'Connor's replacement. Oh well. #shrug

Kchrpm
April 17th, 2017, 08:58 AM
No one is allowed to act worse than Vin in these movies, so he couldn't come back.

sandydandy
April 17th, 2017, 09:39 AM
For my part I was hoping that they'd put the character of Sean Boswell in for Brian O'Connor's replacement. Oh well. #shrug I was waiting for him to appear all throughout the film, as I'd read an article that said he was going to be in it. Oh well.

No one is allowed to act worse than Vin in these movies, so he couldn't come back. Hmm, I guess Michelle Rodriguez is exempt from that rule. :lol:

Her acting is 100% cringe-worthy.

tigeraid
April 17th, 2017, 10:34 AM
Finally started Stranger Things. Effin' GREAT.

21Kid
April 17th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Finished the 3rd season of "The 100". Pretty good. Not the best acting. But, they keep it interesting.

speedpimp
April 17th, 2017, 05:19 PM
A movie about the Shaw family should be a priority.

speedpimp
April 17th, 2017, 05:31 PM
The one thing that really got to me(other than the shifting 500000000000 times) is a scene in Havana where Dom(with Lettie by his side) and another character have a conversation in Spanish and Dom then tells Lettie what the guy said which leads you to believe that she doesn't speak Spanish but in a scene shortly after that she is speaking Spanish to the same character.

Drachen596
April 17th, 2017, 06:16 PM
Quit over thinking it and enjoy the movie! ;)

Drachen596
April 18th, 2017, 02:20 AM
A movie about the Shaw family should be a priority.

Yeah, I'd go see that.

especially to see the story of Deckards military time

21Kid
April 18th, 2017, 07:26 AM
Quit thinking and enjoy the movie! ;) FTFY. ;)

balki
April 18th, 2017, 07:33 AM
Don't you know? Things happen fast & furious in that world, as opposed to a little bit at a time.
They happen too fast, too furious for me

If F8 of the Furious is the start of ending trilogy what are the squels going to be called?
Fast and Furious: The Whole Nine Yards
X-tra Fast, X-tra Furious

or The Fast and Furious 360 followed by The Fast and Furious One (One S: The Eirector's Cut, One Scorpio: The Extended Edition)

dodint
April 18th, 2017, 10:02 AM
F9ally Furious
The Fast and the Decadent.

novicius
April 18th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Fecals of the Fast?

Kchrpm
April 18th, 2017, 10:56 AM
The Fast and the Decadent.

:up: :up: :up: :up:

Freude am Fahren
April 19th, 2017, 03:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWjRvuIY0Wc&ab_channel=FunnyOrDie

speedpimp
April 21st, 2017, 03:39 PM
Finished up Horace & Pete. So fucking dark, so fucking good.

Fiat500
April 27th, 2017, 12:09 PM
I enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Leon
April 27th, 2017, 10:29 PM
Brockmire.

Surprisingly good comedy :)

MR2 Fan
April 28th, 2017, 06:35 AM
watched a documentary on Netflix about the Ruby Ridge incident. I never really paid attention to it when it first happened, just recall hearing about it from various anti-gov't types.

(For those not familiar, Ruby Ridge was a place where a family affiliated with white supremacists hid out in Idaho, and the government tried to use the father to sell sawed off shotguns, then charge him with illegal activity unless he turned over info on the white supremacists who lived near him...bad stuff happened when he wouldn't show up to court)

Basically, the FBI and other organizations screwed that up royally. They were interviewing one of the daughters of the family, and I feel bad for her, she seems to understand both sides, but clearly still traumatized by the whole thing.

tigeraid
April 28th, 2017, 08:38 AM
Indeed. And a young Timothy McVeigh was there to watch it all unfold. If it weren't for Ruby Ridge, he might never have done his deed.

Cam
April 28th, 2017, 01:19 PM
Watched the final episode of Into the Badlands. Weak. They build up the main characters for their final task, only to have them captured to suffer an unknown fate. It's like they simply wanted to generate interest in a season two. Uh, you have to make a good show for that. :rolleyes:

Alan P
April 28th, 2017, 01:49 PM
Apparently Season 3 has been greenlit with a higher budget and perhaps more episodes.

Cam
April 28th, 2017, 02:21 PM
Ah, I did not realize there was a season 2 broadcasting right now. I was watching it on Netflix.

speedpimp
April 28th, 2017, 04:34 PM
Brockmire.

Just started it myself. Great show.

speedpimp
April 28th, 2017, 04:36 PM
Fuck Lon Horiuchi.

Freude am Fahren
May 2nd, 2017, 02:11 PM
Watched 13 Reasons Why on Netflix. I thought it was an excellent series.

There's some controversy about it for both showing suicide as a revenge tactic, but also for the graphic scene showing a suicide, especially for a show about teens. Whether or not it's marketed at teens though is another question. It certainly didn't seem like it. And i have a hard time seeing how it can be based on a young adult book.

That controversy aside, I thought it had a good story, was told very well, and had good acting.

Not really spoilers, but kinda?

However, the ending left me a bit disappointed. Felt kinda like a setup for another season, but I don't think that it's supposed to be. Lot's of unresolved things. Some people like that, I prefer an epilogue. ETA: They are making a season 2.

It was also odd watching a show where you know the fate of the main character the whole time.

Edited the spoiler

Blerpa
May 2nd, 2017, 02:19 PM
Watched American Gods first episode on Amazon Prime Video. Woah. Very explicit.
Looking forward to the next episode.

Leon
May 2nd, 2017, 03:02 PM
I watched American Gods too.

Read the book, but I wasn't too fussed on the non stop violence in that episode. Hopefully they add in more plot, and less "lead guy gets stuffing kicked out of him" next episode.

dodint
May 4th, 2017, 08:20 AM
I love Ian McShane, going to pick up American Gods when I clear out some other stuff.

novicius
May 4th, 2017, 09:38 AM
Sense8 season 2 drops tomorrow. :D :up:

Leon
May 4th, 2017, 04:41 PM
Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

It was a bit too much. Baby Groot is too obviously make all the girls go "awww", huge dude's jokes and laughter are too obviously dumb, etc.

5/10 just for being well put together, and some very amusing moments.

dodint
May 4th, 2017, 07:31 PM
Not surprised, baby groot was overplaying its one trick in the marketing.

Freude am Fahren
May 6th, 2017, 06:17 PM
So I'm going back and re-watching Breaking Bad on Netflix. The censoring is very odd. The Pilot is the original hour long version with boobs, a handy, and "shits" and "fucks". Then a couple episodes later, "bullshit" is censored. So I googled it a bit, and apparently it changes. At one time, Netflix had the shorter pilot, with the boobs blurred, then it had the version where she's wearing a top, now it's back to the original, could-be-on-HBO version. So I was wondering why they would then censor shit (which is said all the time). As I'm wondering that, in the same episode, there's an uncensored "fuck" :lol:

FaultyMario
May 6th, 2017, 07:18 PM
Right now, Alvarez-Chavez ((I) I suppose).

This morning, Hawksaw Ridge. Boy, that was some old timer's rose-tinted glasses view of 'murrica!

sandydandy
May 7th, 2017, 09:20 AM
I'm about 3/4 of the way through 13 Reasons Why. Initially I was uninterested in watching what I thought would be a bratty teen drama, but I'm finding it to be quite interesting and compelling. The kid who plays the main character, Clay, (forgot the actor's name), reminds me so much of my own 15-year-old son. In terms of his look and mannerisms.

I look forward to finishing the series in the next couple of days, (or tonight if I binge watch).

speedpimp
May 7th, 2017, 10:21 AM
Saw Guardians this morning. Great movie.

Freude am Fahren
May 7th, 2017, 10:26 AM
Yeah it's not a typical teen drama. It's really probably aimed for millennials more than whatever the current teen generation is called (especially since all of the "teens" are in their early to mid-20's).

MR2 Fan
May 7th, 2017, 06:19 PM
Watched GOTG2, loved it, 9/10 from me, I thought it was better than the original

Leon
May 12th, 2017, 04:16 PM
On a mad sit com roll ...

American Housewife: quite amusing, more so than it deserves to be given the premise of "fat woman moves to rich bitch suburb"

The Great Indoors: despite being Joel McHale, and Stephen Fry, is a poor effort that goes for the weakest millenial jokes I've seen.

Better off Ted (yes, just started watching it now): why in god's name I haven't seen this before? Wonderfully mean about corporate shark entities, with a couple of oddball scientists who totally steal the show in my opinion.

The Guild (old, and off youtube): a must watch if you've ever played any sort of online RPG :) So many laugh out loud moments. Then again, while re-watching them all with the trivia comments turned on :)

Leon
May 15th, 2017, 04:32 PM
What I'm not watching any more, Silicon Valley.

They just keep circling back endlessly to the same plot. "Things happen and everyone apart from the main characters do well from IT projects using their ideas".

The last episode is the final nail in the coffin for me. I'm not rage quitting or anything dramatic like that, but now I'm bored with the one plot.

dodint
May 15th, 2017, 05:17 PM
SV is like that. Their situation just undulates between complete success and total failure. I am not ready to stop yet though because the dialogue is good enough to carry it even if the story arc makes no sense overall.

MR2 Fan
May 15th, 2017, 05:27 PM
I watched "Passengers".....better than I expected it to be. It wasn't an elaborate plot or anything, pretty straightforward, but I really enjoyed the set design and I'm a fan of the actors in it.

Leon
May 15th, 2017, 07:00 PM
SV is like that. Their situation just undulates between complete success and total failure. I am not ready to stop yet though because the dialogue is good enough to carry it even if the story arc makes no sense overall.

I was okay when I thought it was an arc. But really it appears to not be so much an arc, as a circle.

sandydandy
May 16th, 2017, 08:16 AM
I watched "Passengers".....better than I expected it to be. It wasn't an elaborate plot or anything, pretty straightforward, but I really enjoyed the set design and I'm a fan of the actors in it. Which Passengers movie, 2008 or 2016? I saw the 2008 movie with Anne Hathaway and Patrick Wilson and thought it was pretty decent.

MR2 Fan
May 16th, 2017, 08:22 AM
Which Passengers movie, 2008 or 2016? I saw the 2008 movie with Anne Hathaway and Patrick Wilson and thought it was pretty decent.

oh, the 2016 one, didn't realize there was another one.

sandydandy
May 16th, 2017, 12:35 PM
Yeah the 2008 movie had Hathaway as a grief counselor for survivors of a plane crash. Then things start getting strange. I liked it.

Jason
May 16th, 2017, 01:07 PM
Agents of Shield season finale tonight, been an absolutely killer season.

Blerpa
May 16th, 2017, 02:08 PM
Agents of Shield season finale tonight, been an absolutely killer season.

Yeah, quite decent this time around (also 3rd season was decent).
Far distant from the shit first season was.

Freude am Fahren
May 16th, 2017, 03:17 PM
Hmm, I haven't watched it at all this season. I was thinking about giving up.

Jason
May 16th, 2017, 03:38 PM
They basically did 3 mini seasons in one. Kept the show moving quite well :up:

novicius
May 17th, 2017, 04:13 AM
I'm still waiting for season 4 (?) to drop on Netflix. :angry:

Jason
May 17th, 2017, 05:39 AM
Season 4 just ended, calm yourself :P

novicius
May 17th, 2017, 06:54 AM
So then Season 3? Last time I checked AoS, Netflix is over a season behind.

Kchrpm
May 17th, 2017, 07:06 AM
Agreed that AoS was a great rollercoaster this year.

sandydandy
May 17th, 2017, 08:53 AM
We don't get AoS on Netflix Canada. :mad:

Cam
May 18th, 2017, 06:46 PM
I watched Agents of SHIELD on Hulu. I did not mind season 1. I enjoy AoS, despite the occasional hokeyness. It was the only show I watched since the other Marvel shows, until season two of Sense8 dropped. I only watched the first episode so far, but I expect good things. Once I'm done that, I will be waiting for The Defenders.

MR2 Fan
May 19th, 2017, 06:30 AM
Netflix is making a prequel series of Jim Henson's "The Dark Crystal"....very interesting.

I enjoyed this movie as a kid and felt like it was mostly successful in trying to take the idea of Jim Henson's puppets into a more grown-up, artistic direction.

novicius
May 19th, 2017, 06:43 AM
Season 4 just ended, calm yourself :P
Checking last night, AoS Season 3 is/has been on Netflix (and I watched it when it dropped).

For some reason it feels like it's been 2+ years since I watched it. #shrug

sandydandy
May 22nd, 2017, 12:48 PM
Did a doubleheader at the movies yesterday. Watched Alien Covenant and Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Alien was really good, Guardians was okay.

Cam
May 22nd, 2017, 02:16 PM
Just finished the second season of sense8. I quite enjoy this show. I look forward to the next season.

Phil_SS
May 22nd, 2017, 04:48 PM
Sully: Really good movie. Getting to see the background behind what had happened was fascinating. He really is a true hero. And I liked that the movie was just long enough to tell the story. Hardly ever see a movie nowadays that is 1.5 hours but this was and it did a great job.

Steve McQueen, The Man and Lemans: Very good documentary on the shooting of the movie Lemans and how much it cost McQueen personally to make a movie he wanted to make. I knew McQueen was a good driver but I didn't realize he almost won Sebring in 1969 with David Revson in a 908, they finished 2nd.

I love that David Piper has a 917 sitting in his garage, lol. It's awesome that those old race cars were basically given away to the drivers if they wanted them. Too bad that doesn't happen nowadays. I wonder what vintage racing will look like in 40 years?

Stranger Things: Started watching this with my wife and we have been sucked right in. We are five episodes in and I can't wait to watch the next one. Really really good. And whoever is in charge of the music gets a big thumbs up.

Leon
May 22nd, 2017, 05:02 PM
Stranger Things is just sooooo good eh? :)

JoshInKC
May 22nd, 2017, 05:44 PM
New eps of Twin Peaks - Exactly what you would think.

novicius
May 22nd, 2017, 06:04 PM
Just finished the second season of sense8. I quite enjoy this show. I look forward to the next season.
:up: :up:

Leon
May 22nd, 2017, 07:15 PM
I started watching Nerd HQ conversations with Zach Levy on YouTube.

That then morphed into watching Chuck for the very first time. Such a good fun series, how did I not watch this years ago ....

dodint
May 22nd, 2017, 07:28 PM
I like the McQueen doc as well, Phil. Lots of great footage.

Phil_SS
May 23rd, 2017, 05:24 AM
Stranger Things is just sooooo good eh? :)

As a child of the 80's it hits me right in the feels.

G'day Mate
May 23rd, 2017, 05:37 AM
Hmmm, the second season of Stranger Things mustn't be far away now?

For now I'm watching the Giro d'Italia of course ;)

G'day Mate
May 23rd, 2017, 05:39 AM
Answer: October :(

PS we need a more "d'oh"-like emoticon

sandydandy
May 23rd, 2017, 07:43 AM
Answer: October :(

PS we need a more "d'oh"-like emoticon I thought it was July. :(

Phil_SS
May 23rd, 2017, 08:34 AM
Game of Thrones starts in July.

speedpimp
May 23rd, 2017, 12:12 PM
As a child of the 80's it hits me right in the feels.

You're not the only one. They totally nailed it without hitting you over the head with it.

Blerpa
May 23rd, 2017, 12:13 PM
Watched Suicide Squad: boring, half baked tripe with mediocre acting and terrible dialogues. Really, one of the worst superhero (or action) movie of the last 20 years. I don't give a rat ass if Hayer says the studio cut the movie differently from what he intended to... the dialogues are ABYSMAL.
This is the End with James Franco, Seth Rodgen, Jay Baruchel and so on. Crap. Quite SNL low quality crap, with more vulgarities and idiocy.
Chef with Jon Favreau: very sweet, simple, cosy and made me wish to try a lot of cuban food.

Finished the 4th season of House of Cards: liked it a lot. The Underwoods are... a force of nature. Dark one.

George
May 23rd, 2017, 12:14 PM
I need to check out Stranger Things. I've only heard word-of-mouth commentary about it, and all good.

Maybe I can do that instead of watching the new CBS series Star Trek: Discovery when it debuts this fall. Apparently would-be viewers must cough up a monthly fee to CBS for an All-Access Pass or some such foolishness. No thanks.

speedpimp
May 23rd, 2017, 01:15 PM
ST: D is streaming only?

Freude am Fahren
May 23rd, 2017, 02:06 PM
So did anyone else see that 12 Monkeys season 3 was broadcast over the course of just 3 consecutive nights? Very interesting strategy by Syfy to do this in light of the binge watching/streaming direction of 'television'. I'll be curious to see how it works out for them.

I saw my DVR filled up with a bunch of episodes, and just assumed that it recorded repeats, until I checked the names of the episodes with season 3.

Jason
May 23rd, 2017, 03:02 PM
ST: D is streaming only?

Yup. Apparently the first episode will be on CBS proper, but the remaining 14 will be exclusively on their streaming service in the US/Canada. Countries outside of the US will get the series on Netflix.

My plan is to buy the CBS service for 3 months or whatever, then cancel. That's when I'll re-start my Hulu subscription and catch up on the ABC/Marvel shows... or vice versa, whatever.

Jason
May 23rd, 2017, 03:20 PM
Checking last night, AoS Season 3 is/has been on Netflix (and I watched it when it dropped).

For some reason it feels like it's been 2+ years since I watched it. #shrug

Season 4 hits Netflix on June 15th :up:

JoshInKC
May 23rd, 2017, 03:31 PM
If you're a 55-70 year old woman (as I apparently am), that CBS online thing also has The Good Fight, which is a sequel series to The Good Wife and a pretty decent show.

speedpimp
May 23rd, 2017, 03:54 PM
Watched the new Ghostbusters movie. I liked it.

Blerpa
May 24th, 2017, 02:23 AM
If you're a 55-70 year old woman (as I apparently am), that CBS online thing also has The Good Fight, which is a sequel series to The Good Wife and a pretty decent show.

Is it the one they announced with Christine Baranski? Oh dear! I'm a 55-70 year old woman too! xD

JoshInKC
May 24th, 2017, 04:10 AM
Yep. The first season was released weekly a couple of months ago - They did a really good job of jettisoning the stuff from The Good Wife that wasn't working towards the end and adding new and interesting stuff.

novicius
May 24th, 2017, 01:37 PM
All the Best Movies (and Shows) Coming to and Leaving Netflix in June 2017 (http://lifehacker.com/all-the-best-movies-and-shows-coming-to-and-leaving-n-1795501645)

tigeraid
May 25th, 2017, 07:43 AM
The Star Trek trailer looked pretty fucking cringe-worthy. Despite a solid-looking cast. I don't feel good about this. :|

dodint
May 25th, 2017, 08:31 AM
Master of None S2 is killing it. Watched the first two episodes together last night. Love it. It's like Louis for Millennials without the self-loathing.

dodint
May 25th, 2017, 08:33 AM
All the Best Movies (and Shows) Coming to and Leaving Netflix in June 2017 (http://lifehacker.com/all-the-best-movies-and-shows-coming-to-and-leaving-n-1795501645)

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ranch, Part 3, June 16th. Woo!

Guilty pleasure show right there. It's so cheaply done and stupid but I love it so much.

MR2 Fan
May 25th, 2017, 11:12 AM
The Star Trek trailer looked pretty fucking cringe-worthy. Despite a solid-looking cast. I don't feel good about this. :|

Agreed, the Seth McFarlane show as a parody might even be better

tigeraid
May 26th, 2017, 11:56 AM
I am cautiously optimistic about that show. Not because of Mcfarlane, but because it has Norm Macdonald and Adrianne Palicki. And Mcfarlane is a genuine Star Trek geek himself.

Jason
May 26th, 2017, 12:01 PM
I really liked the Star Trek trailer, personally.

MR2 Fan
May 26th, 2017, 12:47 PM
I really liked the Star Trek trailer, personally.

It's not just about the trailer for me, as I was hearing about all of the other issues the show has had already with getting it completed. Also, it seems they seriously changed the Klingons ships, etc.

If this was in the JJ Abrahms universe officially I think it would be better received (which as far as I know, it isn't)

Alan P
May 26th, 2017, 03:28 PM
It's not just about the trailer for me, as I was hearing about all of the other issues the show has had already with getting it completed. Also, it seems they seriously changed the Klingons ships, etc.

If this was in the JJ Abrahms universe officially I think it would be better received (which as far as I know, it isn't)

My understanding is that it's set after Enterprise but before Kirk's shenanigans with Nero and the Red matter so is in the original universe, not the Alt-JJ one.

Jason
May 26th, 2017, 03:57 PM
I agree, that it should be set in the nuTrek universe.

The way I'm mentally going into it, though, is just that it's its own thing/universe... other shared universes have trained me over the years that not everything always lines up well and it's pointless to over think it hah

Leon
May 29th, 2017, 06:37 PM
Con Man
Wray Nerely is a struggling actor who starred as a spaceship pilot on Spectrum, a cult classic science fiction series. He navigates the odd people and incidents he encounters along the way while learning to love the fans he has.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4642170/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Any Firefly fans must view this. *must*. I don't say this lightly.

Blerpa
May 30th, 2017, 05:29 AM
Finished the second, and final, season of french cult series Les Revenants.
Quite liked it. Not for everyone, surely.
Totally dismissed the US remake series. Meh.

American Gods is still going strong. Hated Laura in the book, hate Laura in the series.

Kchrpm
May 30th, 2017, 05:56 AM
Watched all of Master of None over the long weekend. Great show.

Jason
May 30th, 2017, 05:59 AM
Wonder Woman this weekend, has pretty good reviews :up:

dodint
May 30th, 2017, 06:05 AM
Watched all of Master of None over the long weekend. Great show.

:up:

JoshInKC
May 30th, 2017, 03:16 PM
American Gods is still going strong.

Yeah, the scene with Media as Bowie almost broke my mind - I seriously almost teared up and I'm not entirely sure why.

speedpimp
May 31st, 2017, 03:08 PM
Crispin Glover is perfect as Mr. World.

Blerpa
May 31st, 2017, 05:12 PM
Crispin Glover is perfect as Mr. World.

Yes, very good, appropriate mannerism.

Cam
June 1st, 2017, 06:34 PM
Sense8 cancelled. :(

News of the decision also comes a day after Netflix founder and CEO Reed Hastings told CNBC at the Code Conference in Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif., that he thinks the content platform hasn't canceled enough shows. "Our hit ratio is way too high right now," he said. "I'm always pushing the content team; we have to take more risk, you have to try more crazy things, because we should have a higher cancel rate overall."

This does not make sense. :?

MR2 Fan
June 1st, 2017, 11:21 PM
In case anyone is interested in the drama surrounding the Star Trek Discovery series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I3y3_QmBsQ

Drachen596
June 1st, 2017, 11:25 PM
Is there an option to see American Gods online somewhere?

Leon
June 2nd, 2017, 12:39 AM
the bay of pirates ... torrential solution?

Leon
June 2nd, 2017, 12:40 AM
I'm rewatching Firefly.

I need to find whomever caused that show to only last half a season, and charge them with criminal negligence.

Blerpa
June 2nd, 2017, 03:18 AM
Is there an option to see American Gods online somewhere?

In Italy is online only, on Amazon Prime Video. In UK is a BSkyB exclusive. I suppose in US is unfortunately on cable only?

Kchrpm
June 2nd, 2017, 04:23 AM
Saw Wonder Woman last night. Enjoyed it, wished I hadn't seen so many bits in the various trailers. There were still plenty of surprise moments, but there was definitely a difference in my reaction to stuff I had seen and not seen.

Kchrpm
June 2nd, 2017, 04:25 AM
In Italy is online only, on Amazon Prime Video. In UK is a BSkyB exclusive. I suppose in US is unfortunately on cable only?

It's on the Starz channel here, and you can watch their programming on their app for $9/month.

Phil_SS
June 2nd, 2017, 05:06 AM
Saw Wonder Woman last night. Enjoyed it, wished I hadn't seen so many bits in the various trailers. There were still plenty of surprise moments, but there was definitely a difference in my reaction to stuff I had seen and not seen.

Do you think it would be OK to take Vivien to go see it?

Kchrpm
June 2nd, 2017, 06:35 AM
Do you think it would be OK to take Vivien to go see it?

Yes.

You see Chris Pine's bare butt very quickly in a comedic scene, and obtuse references are made to penis/sex. As far as violence stuff, you see a couple of people with a missing lower leg but it's not graphic.

Kchrpm
June 2nd, 2017, 06:45 AM
And have her do this after: https://www.madewithcode.com/projects/wonderwoman

sandydandy
June 5th, 2017, 05:28 AM
I watched the documentary 'Is Genesis History?' last night. It had an interesting premise of a theologian interviewing scientists to get their take on the validity of Genesis. Being a non-Christian, I thought it would be fascinating. Little did I know, these scientists were creationists. A lot of the science discussed was over my head, but the astronomy bits I could clearly tell were laden with pseudoscientific nonsense. Not exactly sure where some of these people got their PhDs from, but they must be fake.

Ultimately, I walked away feeling dumber. One refreshing note is that one of the interviewees lashed out at the film after it was made, regretting his involvement because of the false dichotomy the film presents.

novicius
June 5th, 2017, 07:49 AM
Finally caught 'Guardians of the Galaxy, vol 2' last night.

Cool. Stylish. Fun -- and yeah, tuggin' at me heartstrings even if it was predicable in parts. Another fine job by James Gunn & Co. :up: :up:

dodint
June 5th, 2017, 09:49 AM
F is for Family is back. The wife and I love it. Bill Burr ftw.

speedpimp
June 5th, 2017, 01:46 PM
I burned through that in two days.

Alan P
June 5th, 2017, 04:48 PM
Baywatch. Very funny at times and tongue firmly in cheek which is what made it work. 7/10. 8/10 for the women and those two dresses.

G'day Mate
June 5th, 2017, 06:37 PM
F is for Family is back. The wife and I love it. Bill Burr ftw.

I like this show too, although it's kind of miserable and hard to watch in a way.

Leon
June 5th, 2017, 09:45 PM
Baywatch. Very funny at times and tongue firmly in cheek which is what made it work. 7/10. 8/10 for the women and those two dresses.

No nudity?

Yw-slayer
June 5th, 2017, 10:50 PM
Probably worth watching while drunk and/or high?

Kchrpm
June 6th, 2017, 05:18 AM
No nudity?

Not the kind we were all hoping for.

dodint
June 6th, 2017, 07:55 AM
I like this show too, although it's kind of miserable and hard to watch in a way.

I like that though. It's Married With Children where it doesn't work out at the end of every episode.

George
June 6th, 2017, 08:11 AM

This is why I don't watch trailers for movies I want to see, generally speaking.

It's different if it's, say, a Jack Reacher movie where I've already read the book and will be going mostly to laugh at how they can chop a highly detailed novel down into a few fight scenes and call that a movie with a plot.

Two movies made me realize that I would rather be completely surprised than know what to expect. My wife brought both of these home from a video-tape rental place a long time ago. She had seen both. I had seen neither, and knew nothing about them.

Fargo

Slingblade

Many movies in my life have been unexpected and enjoyable, such as flipping on the TV on a Saturday afternoon and catching a movie just starting on some obscure cable channel (or on the UHF dial, back in the olden days), but those two movies - watched in the same weekend, no less - blew my mind and made me believe that ignorance is bliss when it comes to movies.

MR2 Fan
June 6th, 2017, 08:29 AM
yeah, I hate trailers that cover the entire plot of the movie before you see it.

dodint
June 6th, 2017, 08:33 AM
Same, I avoid trailers when possible.

I don't understand people that watch TV shows and spend all day hunting down leaked scripts, interviews with actors, etc. The Walking Dead peeps are especially bad at this. Why are you digging as hard as you can to have the show ruined for yourself? It's really weird to me.

Freude am Fahren
June 6th, 2017, 04:09 PM
Just finished re-watching Breaking Bad.

It was even better this time since I watched it all in a couple weeks, compared to the 5 years it took the first time. Can't wait to do it again in a few years.

I think after I catch up on some current shows (Expanse, Bloodlines, House of Cards, The Americans, 12 Monkeys, Blacklist, A.o.S.), I'm going to re-watch The Wire.

G'day Mate
June 7th, 2017, 05:32 AM
I like that though. It's Married With Children where it doesn't work out at the end of every episode.

Yeah I like that too for some reason. "Rocko's Modern Life" was always a favourite of mine as a kid.

Just watched another exposed and they mentioned a rolodex. I said to Kiya something like "you know, I feel like we're juuuust old enough to know what some of the stuff they're referring to in this show is"

novicius
June 7th, 2017, 06:16 AM
Caught Wonder Woman last night -- really good stuff, very happy she got her own flick AND that it was a good time. :up: :up:

(It was a little preachy but then so was Man of Steel in parts.)

speedpimp
June 7th, 2017, 07:00 AM
The Keepers. Doc about a nun that goes missing in Baltimore in 1969.

Cam
June 8th, 2017, 01:47 PM
WTF Wonder Woman; soooo melodramatic. I understand that they are going for the comic book vibe, but I am not sure it translated well to the big screen. I thought the film was silly and so did Lori, a strong, successful female.

Blerpa
June 9th, 2017, 05:06 AM
WTF Wonder Woman; soooo melodramatic. I understand that they are going for the comic book vibe, but I am not sure it translated well to the big screen. I thought the film was silly and so did Lori, a strong, successful female.

My ex partner, a strong independent woman, found the movie stupid, sciovinist and maschilist.
I've yet to see it, so I cannot comment for now.

TheBenior
June 10th, 2017, 12:38 AM
I've yet to see it, so I cannot comment for now.
Don't bother, you'll hate it.

I haven't seen it, but we know how you roll.

Jason
June 10th, 2017, 04:37 AM
:lol:

speedpimp
June 10th, 2017, 03:21 PM
Proposed pilot for a 1967 Wonder Woman series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tKZJVhn7M4

Alan P
June 15th, 2017, 05:40 PM
I thought I put my WW review on here. Oops. Will copy what I said elsewhere.
Wonder Woman tonight and I have to say I wasn't disappointed. I thought it was AWESOME! By miles and miles the best DCCU movie since The Dark Knight. I honestly can't see any other DC movie topping this one at all. I wonder if they'll have the sense to go back through BvS and change the picture so it's got Chris Pine etc in it.

I did think Ewen Bremner's character was a bit pointless but I liked the Chief and the Persian guy.

One thing though, her Sword was in BvS but destroyed in this. And she didn't have it back at the end of the film. Just an ever so slight continuity error!

Leon
June 15th, 2017, 07:26 PM
I'm geeking out hard.

Watching the Acquisitions Incorporated D&D games on Youtube.

I'd not ever have thought watching other people game could be this entertaining. But it really is. Plus I have no geek mates I can game with anyway, so this is my best option.

Kchrpm
June 16th, 2017, 05:28 AM
Alan P -
Presumably she had plenty of time to find/make another sword between WWI and modern times; her shield is also different in the two movies.

Also, I think Ewen's character was kind of there to exaggerate the personal struggle that people like Steve were going through for all the things they did in the war, and to set-up the fact that he can't actually shoot anymore because of his internal demons.

G'day Mate
June 16th, 2017, 06:44 AM
This is keeping me pretty entertained ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIqXRDDdo7c

Alan P
June 16th, 2017, 10:37 AM
Yeah I watched that and found it quite interesting, mainly because he seemed to be in tune with his troops and understood the problems in Afghanistan.

novicius
June 16th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Today is the day that Patty Jenkins becomes the fourth female director to notch a $500m+ worldwide hit. (https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/06/16/box-office-wonder-woman-crossing-500-million/#21b13bb82b98)

But yeah, with a budget of around $150 million, Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman is already a big hit. It has passed/will pass the likes of Ant-Man, Thor, The Wolverine and isn't remotely done yet.

Even if it's not as leggy overseas as it is in North America (and it still has some territories left in which to open), it still probably has another $100m-$150m left in the tank in North America so $675m seems to be the floor at this juncture, with $750m+ still a possibility.

Freude am Fahren
June 16th, 2017, 02:15 PM
Just guessing, Sofia Coppola, Kathryn Bigelow, and...?

ETA: Nope, neither of them. I was thinking too hard about quality instead of simply money earners.

Leon
June 23rd, 2017, 12:49 AM
The Mist TV series, first episode out.

So far, I want every character to die, promptly. Not nearly enough of them have done so, and I find myself giving no damns about any of their back stories.

Leon
June 23rd, 2017, 02:52 PM

So far, I want every character to die, promptly. Not nearly enough of them have done so, and I find myself giving no damns about any of their back stories.

Watched as far as Episode 3.

Don't bother with this one, it's a turkey.

IMDB has exploded with 1 and 2 star reviews since the episodes dropped.

It's just going to drag out a movie through a painful series of badly acted character cliches, and forced into danger / conflict situations.

speedpimp
June 23rd, 2017, 04:54 PM
Three episodes deep into GLOW. So far, so excellent.

Leon
June 23rd, 2017, 05:24 PM
Didn't know it was out yet [downloads start]

Phil_SS
June 23rd, 2017, 05:32 PM
Three episodes deep into GLOW. So far, so excellent.

Agreed. Quite good so far. Plus that first episode. (*)v(*)

dodint
June 23rd, 2017, 06:53 PM

Congrats on summarizing every King TV adaptation.

Freude am Fahren
June 23rd, 2017, 10:14 PM
Never heard of GLOW, but Alison Brie? I'm down.

tigeraid
June 24th, 2017, 06:30 AM
https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/community-sitcom/images/8/8e/Annie%27s_Boobs.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/235?cb=20130206104834

Kchrpm
June 25th, 2017, 05:04 PM
The Return, the documentary on the Ford GT's return to Le Mans. Total Ford-sponsored puff piece.

Completely ignores major happenings, like the fact that there was already another Ford GT, that the cars caught fire a few times, and of course the sandbagging or even the accusations of it.

dodint
June 25th, 2017, 05:44 PM
What sandbagging?

:assclown:

Kchrpm
June 26th, 2017, 11:26 AM
:mad:

SPOILERS!

Freude am Fahren
June 26th, 2017, 12:36 PM
Are we doing this again?
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1PSWQLVXXXXXOXFXXq6xXFXXX9/ABS-Rear-spoiler-car-trunk-lip-auto-boot-wing-spoiler-Fit-FOR-Mazda-6-ATENZA-Sedan.jpg

Cam
June 26th, 2017, 05:28 PM
Cars 3. Cute, fun, syrupy-sweet and a bit hokey. Technically brilliant, as you would expect from a Pixar movie.

Alan P
June 26th, 2017, 05:47 PM
So upon reading your reviews of GLOW I watched three episodes. Decent enough watch and I'll likely finish the series.

novicius
June 27th, 2017, 04:34 AM
Finished GLOW last nigh... I feel like it's a strong "meh" from me. :|

There is too much campiness for me to really enjoy it. Kitschy '80's vibes are fun but really not strong enough to matter (unlike the a joke-a-minute "The Goldbergs" :up:).

Just too absurd for my tastes. #deleted

sandydandy
June 27th, 2017, 08:56 AM
I watched Uncle Buck after many years. It's still funny and heartwarming. Some of the one-liners are absolute killers. You just burst out laughing, (ie. "waiting for your sex?"). :lol:

Good film. Nostalgic as well, as I found a sad feeling come over me when seeing and remembering John Candy. He was one of a kind, and still sorely missed. :(

Alan P
June 29th, 2017, 07:44 PM
Just finished E7 of GLOW. Man I was in stitches with the KKK!

novicius
June 30th, 2017, 04:44 AM
Thanks to Pressure From Fans, Sense8 Is Getting a 2-Hour Finale Special (http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2017/06/29/netflix_s_cancelled_sense8_is_getting_a_two_hour_f inale.html)

Our faith in the power of the fan campaign has been restored.

On June 1, Netflix announced the cancellation of its original sci-fi drama Sense8 after two seasons, much to the dismay of the show’s loyal fanbase. And despite a passionate fan campaign to #BringBackSense8, a show notable for its strong LGBTQ presence, Netflix politely insisted that no, Sense8 would definitely not be coming back.

But guess what? Just a few weeks later, Sense8 is now coming back!
I had really written off an possibility of this. Made my peace with it -- and now a wrap-up ep gets the green light from Netflix?? Best news of the week! :up: :up:

GreatScawt
June 30th, 2017, 04:57 AM
Finished House of Cards season 5 about a week ago. I enjoyed it, just out of how ridiculous it's getting.

GreatScawt
June 30th, 2017, 05:02 AM
Live now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEhEbPoDtHo

21Kid
June 30th, 2017, 06:34 AM
Cars 3. Cute, fun, syrupy-sweet and a bit hokey. Technically brilliant, as you would expect from a Pixar movie.

I forgot that was out. I should probably take my son to see it. :D

novicius
June 30th, 2017, 07:07 AM
Yeah I bought tickets for my fam to go see Despicable Me 3 tomorrow morning at the cheapies. :lol: :up:

Blerpa
June 30th, 2017, 08:04 AM
Finished House of Cards season 5 about a week ago. I enjoyed it, just out of how ridiculous it's getting.

Less than real life, tho LOL

21Kid
June 30th, 2017, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I was going to say... they have to keep up with real life Washington DC at least.

speedpimp
June 30th, 2017, 03:48 PM
Ticket bought for Sunday morning showing of Baby Driver.

Cam
July 2nd, 2017, 07:02 PM
Okja. Bizzarre but well-done movie. Social commentary about consumerism, corporations, GMOs, and social justice. Lori started watching it. Twenty minutes in, she demanded that I watch it with her. The description said something to the effect of, "action, adventure, comedy." so I said, OK. It was not any of those. I almost walked away half way through. I think people will either love it or hate it. It is kind of like a long episode of Black Mirror.

Yw-slayer
July 2nd, 2017, 07:25 PM
Almost deleted!

Freude am Fahren
July 2nd, 2017, 08:58 PM
That's by the guy that did Snowpiercer, so I'm intrigued.

MR2 Fan
July 3rd, 2017, 05:10 AM
I watched all 10 episodes of GLOW. Overall it was ok....the main girl's various accents and phrases started to get annoying after a while.

G'day Mate
July 3rd, 2017, 06:17 AM
I'm watching the French countryside (well, Belgian actually) go past at about 40km/h

Kchrpm
July 3rd, 2017, 06:33 AM
Baby Driver: Excellent
The Hero: Dull and self-serving (it's a movie for old guys in the movie industry)

Freude am Fahren
July 3rd, 2017, 09:24 AM
La La Land: Dull, boring, dumb. I don't like singing and dancing in movies to begin with, so that didn't help, but even so, the story was lame. Only good thing was the direction.

speedpimp
July 3rd, 2017, 02:59 PM
That's by the guy that did Snowpiercer, so I'm intrigued.

A Snowpiercer series is on its way.

Freude am Fahren
July 3rd, 2017, 04:24 PM
Intriguing...

Jennifer COnnely :up:

TNT: Not sure. I hear their series Animal Kingdom is good, but mostly I think their known for cheesy dramas. I always hope for Netflix, FX, AMC or HBO/Showtime when I hear about a new series being made. I'm also reminded of this:

(NSFW language I guess)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kth5yZSLBUI&ab_channel=AzizAnsari-Topic

Leon
July 3rd, 2017, 05:53 PM
Intriguing...

Jennifer COnnely :up:

I liked Jennifer Connelly back when she used to eat, and was a curvy woman. Not keen on the skeletor look she has been rocking for the last 10 + years though.

Freude am Fahren
July 3rd, 2017, 05:54 PM
Last thing I remember her in was Blood Diamond, so yeah...

Or the one with Vince Vaughn where he owned a car company or something.

speedpimp
July 4th, 2017, 04:23 AM
Starting season 2 of Wentworth. So good.

Leon
July 4th, 2017, 11:23 AM
Geek and Sundry Youtube channel .... still watching "Critical Role" which is voice actors playing D&D, which is quite possibly the best thing ever. Luckily because I realised this so late, there's like 100 3-4 hour episodes to watch.

Alan P
July 4th, 2017, 08:07 PM
The Circle. It was all right I guess. A bit creepy and I could see how it could happen, but she was just a bit too accommodating and going along with it until the end. It was just a bit, well, dull TBH. Emma though, always looking good!

sandydandy
July 5th, 2017, 04:31 AM
Getting ready to watch season 6 of Homeland tonight.

novicius
July 5th, 2017, 05:14 AM
Trying to finish Season 5 of Arrow but DC's TV-verse is *so* filled with crossover events to The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow (and even their online-only Vixen show) that it's borderline impossible to follow the plot.

A case of waaay too many crossover events, never thought I'd say that!

::

Working my way through Season 5 of Agents of Shield guest starring Ultimate Ghost Rider. Decent. :up:

::

Was able to plow (heh) through Netflix Original series Easy in a single evening. Eh... kind have to give it a :down: due to the unsuccessful "twists" they attempt with every ep. Not that the storytelling would be particularly compelling without the attempted spin the writers are trying for but whatevs.

Popcorn dramatic vignettes with bewbs and limited connectedness.

Alan P
July 5th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Finished GLOW and it was kind of predictable. Enjoyable but not great. I really should finish Jessica Jones and then catch up with S2 of Daredevil and Luke Cage.

GreatScawt
July 6th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Starting season 2 of Wentworth. So good.

My SO friggin loves that show.

speedpimp
July 6th, 2017, 04:06 PM
Coming this fall to ABC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sYF1SXcWqQ

FaultyMario
July 8th, 2017, 08:32 AM
Currently watching the Center for Academic Research and Training in Anthropogeny presentations on the UC's youtube channel.

Those guys bring nerdiness to the eleventy, and the Max Planck guys... dude, they're genuinely awkward cute.

I love this comment section. Nearly everyone is rational, polite, and genuinely interested in this content.

FaultyMario
July 8th, 2017, 08:36 AM
I liked Jennifer Connelly back when she used to eat, and was a curvy woman. Not keen on the skeletor look she has been rocking for the last 10 + years though.

Her sephardi eyes need no curves.

FaultyMario
July 8th, 2017, 08:43 AM
Lora Kennedy, the casting director for Man of Steel, is a frigging genius, snatching Mrs. Gadot from Marvel's was something DC entertainment should have given her a million or two for.

Freude am Fahren
July 8th, 2017, 01:52 PM
Was Gadot set to be in a Marvel movie??

Leon
July 9th, 2017, 01:16 AM
Her sephardi eyes need no curves.

Nope, if she looks like Skeletor, I'm out.

Freude am Fahren
July 10th, 2017, 01:45 PM
Life - Space set horror/monster movie. Was ok. Kinda dry and trudging at points. Killed the best character/actor first. Liked the ending though.

Lion - Based on the true story of Saroo Brierley, and Indian boy lost on a train and then adopted by Australian couple then finding his way home 20 years later. Pretty good. Very well shot, and cool, moving story, especially knowing it's true. Kinda dragged a bit in the middle.

Tour de Pharmacy - HBO mockumentary about doping in cycling. Kinda like that tennis one they did. Hilarious. Stupid. But funny.

Leon
July 10th, 2017, 08:33 PM
My review of "Life".

Alien creature goes thump on recently closed door / air vent / airlock / visor / sleep chamber. Repeat until done. ;)

FaultyMario
July 11th, 2017, 07:02 AM
Was Gadot set to be in a Marvel movie??

Nebula, if we believe comicbookmovie.com...

It's a very complicated life, because you live from role to role, and you never know when your next role will be. So when you work, me at least, I am the most grateful, and the most, you know, enjoying it, because it's not obvious. Especially taking part in such crazy productions, really, it's like... I don't know. And that's what... There are all sorts of options and all sorts of possibilities. I have the option now for a role where I will have to shave my head and they will color me in blue paint. I swear to you.

Kchrpm
July 11th, 2017, 07:07 AM
I'm glad she went the other way!

MR2 Fan
July 11th, 2017, 08:52 AM
Gadot of the Galaxy?

novicius
July 12th, 2017, 07:36 AM
Box Office: 'Wonder Woman' Soars Past $750 Million Worldwide (https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/07/12/box-office-wonder-woman-soars-past-750-million-worldwide/#7e0bfa4a2ceb)

It's possible for Wonder Woman to reach $800 million worldwide and $400m domestic. And, once again, with all the talk about female-led movies being box office poison and all that, Wonder Woman will only be the third-biggest female-led movie in 2017 alone.
I went and saw it a second time with some family last weekend. Will probably go watch it one final time with my little brother this weekend. :up:

sandydandy
July 12th, 2017, 08:03 AM
Box Office: 'Wonder Woman' Soars Past $750 Million Worldwide (https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/07/12/box-office-wonder-woman-soars-past-750-million-worldwide/#7e0bfa4a2ceb)

I went and saw it a second time with some family last weekend. Will probably go watch it one final time with my little brother this weekend. :up: Is it truly that good that you're gonna see it three times?

I've been avoiding it...but maybe I should check it out.

21Kid
July 12th, 2017, 08:07 AM
Ryan Reynolds Honors ‘Wonder Woman’ For Surpassing ‘Deadpool’ Box Office

http://cnnwire.images.worldnow.com/images/14354334_G.jpg

novicius
July 12th, 2017, 08:16 AM
Is it truly that good that you're gonna see it three times?
Loaded question because I'm an admitted fan.

I mean c'mon, sword-and-shield Diana in something approaching the armor of a traditional Hoplite soldier? Sporting a real accent? This is as good as it's gonna get! :lol: :up:

George
July 12th, 2017, 12:04 PM
Sitting down for a quick and late dinner before having to get to bed, I flipped on the TV and caught fifteen or twenty minutes of a Liam Neesom movie called "Taken" last night. It was on one of the channels that shows movies primarily aimed at women. Relationship movies, I guess. "Weepers", I've heard them called. Not the channel where you'll find shoot 'em ups and car chases and explosions, you know? :lol:

Wow. This was NOT a chick flick. I had heard of the movie but didn't know anything about it. Neesom reminded me a lot of Jack Reacher (unlike Tom Cruise).

I gotta find and see the whole thing now. It looked really good, in a Jack Reacher kind of way. :up:

(please, no spoilers - I'd like to see it all first)

Alan P
July 12th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Watch the first one. Don't seek out the other two on purpose. They're not much cop.

speedpimp
July 12th, 2017, 07:20 PM
George, also check out A Walk Among The Tombstones. Neeson is really good in it.

Cam
July 13th, 2017, 03:12 AM
I don't get the Wonder Woman hoopla. I thought the movie was chintzy.

novicius
July 13th, 2017, 04:10 AM
While Wonder Woman @ Rotten Tomatoes (https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wonder_woman_2017/) (92% Critics / 91% Audience) seems a bit much, it could be said that Metacritic (http://www.metacritic.com/movie/wonder-woman) (76% Critics / 7.9 Audience score) agrees with you, Cam.

novicius
July 13th, 2017, 04:37 AM
Finished up the Netflix show Travelers with Eric McCormick (of Will & Grace fame). :up: :up:

Deserves a third :up: for this Destiny reference:

http://i.imgur.com/qbC9Y6U.gifv

:D

Yw-slayer
July 13th, 2017, 07:10 AM
I don't get the Wonder Woman hoopla. I thought the movie was chintzy.

You'd DELETE it if you could!!!

21Kid
July 13th, 2017, 10:37 AM
I thought WW was really good. Much better than Suicide Squad, BvS, or anything else DC has put out recently. Maybe that's why... I had lower expectations.

novicius
July 13th, 2017, 11:23 AM
Box Office: 'Wonder Woman' Holding Better Than Any Superhero Movie in 15 Years (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/wonder-woman-box-office-superhero-movies-1020621)

Directed by Patty Jenkins and starring Gal Gadot, Wonder Woman is still going strong as it heads into its seventh week.

The movie, grossing $371.3 million through Tuesday, is now assured of topping out at $390 million or more domestically, becoming the No. 8 comic book adaptation of all time, not accounting for inflation. And it will soon pass up Disney and Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ($385.8 million) in North America to become the top summer earner.

That also means Wonder Woman will earn roughly 3.8 times the $103.3 million it collected when it launched over the June 2-4 weekend — the best multiple for the genre in decades. Currently, the film's multiple is 3.6, slightly ahead of the first Spider-Man in 2002. The first Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) was also a word-of-mouth sensation, sporting a 3.5 multiple, while Nolan's sequel, The Dark Knight (2008), powered to a 3.4 multiple.

Generally speaking, a multiple in the vicinity of 2.5 to 3 is considered a win for a superhero film, particularly if the opening is especially mighty, i.e., north of $120 million.

"It feels like Wonder Woman will play all the way through August," says Warners' Jeff Goldstein, president of domestic distribution. "Right now, the movie is still in about 3,000 locations. Usually, the theater count would be a fraction of that at this point."

The critically acclaimed film is also destined to become the studio's third-biggest movie domestically after The Dark Knight ($534.9 million) and The Dark Knight Rises ($448.1 million), again not accounting for inflation. It is about to pass up the final Harry Potter film ($381 million) after eclipsing American Sniper ($350.1 million) and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ($330.4 million).
Nevertheless, she persisted. :cool:

speedpimp
July 13th, 2017, 12:39 PM
I Love Dick on Amazon. Kevin Bacon as a rich guy in a small Texas town full of people studying at his institute.

neanderthal
July 16th, 2017, 05:03 PM
Winter is Coming!

Leon
July 16th, 2017, 05:33 PM
Winter is downloading!

Freude am Fahren
July 16th, 2017, 06:21 PM
Winter is sitting on my DVR, waiting for me to come.

http://i.imgur.com/i2yYun3.gif

Leon
July 16th, 2017, 07:19 PM
GOT new episode delivered.

GreatScawt
July 17th, 2017, 05:13 AM
Fiancée and I have been lingering on the final season of Parks and Rec forever. Just finished it last night. Maaaaaannnn. What a good show.

novicius
July 17th, 2017, 05:52 AM
Yep, just threw it on last night to watch with the wife. Parks & Rec is one of our all-time faves. :up: :up:

novicius
July 17th, 2017, 06:59 AM
Is it truly that good that you're gonna see it three times?

I've been avoiding it...but maybe I should check it out.
As stated, I went yesterday during the afternoon (non-matinee) to watch Wonder Woman again. I should have taken a picture of the theater attendance, seemed like it was at least 2/3rds full. :up:

The late night showing of War for the Planet of the Apes wasn't nearly as full -- and that was opening night! Good flick and heartening to see some of Matt Reeves' direction before he works his vision on The Batman.

EDIT: At this point, if fanboys are crying for Logan to get a Best Picture nod, I demand to see Wonder Woman get nominated too. :D

Aha! Ok so WW is potentially in the mix for 2018 Best Picture! (http://www.indiewire.com/2017/03/oscars-2018-best-picture-predictions-1201788999/) :rawk:

Jason
July 17th, 2017, 01:45 PM
I find myself seeing very few movies in theaters these days, and feeling a bit guilty about it. I basically only check out Star Wars/Trek and Superhero flicks in theater, and everything else I buy the blu ray for. But I know studios don't often create sequels on BD sales, and well... theaters probably can't stay open with BD sales either. :|

Freude am Fahren
July 17th, 2017, 03:16 PM
Since I started my new job, I don't see any. I used to go to matinees by myself after getting out when I was working the AM shift (I got out around noon). I was also living in a smaller city, so the theaters were nice and empty, and cheaper. Now I work days/nights, so no more matinees. Plus even then, they'd be more busy because of where I live. And more expensive.

The only movie I can recall seeing since I moved to Miami is Rogue One, since I got tickets from work. I know I saw one other while back home with a friend, but can't remember what movie it was since it was like 2.5 years ago.

Thus I'm one of the few people that still gets discs from Netflix. Infact, Logan is sitting in my mailbox right now, I think.

speedpimp
July 18th, 2017, 10:34 AM
Jaime Lannister goes to prison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm157yQ7g1E

Kchrpm
July 21st, 2017, 07:14 AM
I'll likely be watching this on December 22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EZCBSsBxko

speedpimp
July 21st, 2017, 03:37 PM
That looks really good.

Burned through Friends From College yesterday. I decided to ignore the meh reviews calling it a flop. Really good show.

JoshInKC
July 21st, 2017, 04:10 PM
Shadowrun the tv show?

Jason
July 21st, 2017, 04:35 PM
Been watching The Man in the High Castle the last few days. Half way through season 2, pretty good stuff :up:

Going to watch the second nuApes movie tonight, and try to see the third sometime this weekend.

Blerpa
July 22nd, 2017, 05:04 AM
Shadowrun the tv show?

Totally. And totally generic same as Shadowrun.

JoshInKC
July 22nd, 2017, 06:12 AM
For years I told my friend that Shadowrun was a complete ripoff, but he was convinced it could have stolen as much as I said it did. Eventually I forced him to read Neuromancer and he came back to me and said "Jesus, they even stole NuYen as the name for the money."

Blerpa
July 22nd, 2017, 09:02 AM
When one says "Shadowrun: futuristic almost cyberpunk setting in our world with just elves, dwarves, trolls and faeries added" it isn't just summing up, but basically telling anything there was to know, Dunkelzahn aside.

MR2 Fan
July 23rd, 2017, 01:16 AM
watched the new Star Trek Discovery trailer....it looks nothing like Star Trek...even the Klingons look like crap...I predict epic fail unless they somehow convince people who arent familiar with star trek to watch it