Page 112 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1200

Thread: Somebody stop me... (Gaming PC Build Thread)

Junior Potato
    Could be the PSU.

I put the old GPU in and the system didn't recognise it at all, which is weird. The fans were spinning but it only had video output available via the motherboard. I'm back on the 4070 now.

I've undervolted the GPU to 90% just in case...

Last week I moved my GPU to this current gen with a Sapphire Pulse 7900XT.
    I can now crank graphics to max on most games.
    Tried iRacing with everything turned up and FPS unlocked, somewhere in the region of 380FPS.
    Turned it back to 144 to match the monitor and save power.
    Quite surprised with Cyberpunk, can benchmark over 100FPS with quite a few options cranked up @ 1440P.
    Very happy with it.

Junior Potato
    I solved my PC rebooting woes... by buying a new power supply.

The issue got worse and worse and I couldn't guarantee it staying on for more than half an hour. Once the PSU warmed up it was game over. Last weekend it got so bad that it would reboot, then get stuck on the boot screen because the power cut again. Time for a new one.

My old PSU is a 600W Corsair unit that's 5 years old, so it is still under warranty. I can get it fixed and use it again once I get through this upgrade process and have enough parts to build a second PC with the old bits. I intend to surprise my dad one day by giving it to him so he can play racing sims.

My new PSU is a Lian Li 750W. I would have bought the equivalent Corsair version but they are sold out everywhere, and I sure as fuck wasn't waiting for a restock. The Lian Li is great so far. I read reviews online and people would complain that it is as good as the Corsair but very loud by comparison. I honestly can't tell the difference over my headphones and the pedestal fan and the wind outside blowing air around.

Interestingly, I had GPU freezing issues going back 18 months - the GPU would hang temporarily but the system wouldn't reboot. If it happened while in iRacing I would get an error log saying "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG" and iRacing Support told me the GPU was faulty. Everything I saw online also said that it was a fault in the GPU. I managed to treat this by reducing GPU voltage to 80% and it was fine until I got the new GPU a few months ago. With the new GPU, the iRacing error logs would have the exact same message. Perhaps the new GPU running at 100% voltage finally put the bullet in the head of my PSU.

My (bought from crypto mining friend) 3070 also gave up the ghost by just shutting down after 30mins of being on - with the interval reducing if I rebooted without letting the computer sit.

I was not surprised by this given its history, but I was surprised at how much quieter my other (not previously crypto mining) 6+4 pin Gigabyte Vision 3070 was compared to this Gainward 6-pin 3070.

Junior Potato
    Ignore my previous post. My PC crashed again. I'ma try other options.

I just re-(re-re-re-re)-seated the GPU because it's on a riser cable. Moving back to the old case is the next step.

I may have just bought a new OLED 34" Ultrawide gaming monitor. That I don't really need. Oops. I think I might cancel it actually.

Cancelled it. Really couldn't afford it even though it was a very good price.
    Last edited by Alan P; November 1st, 2023 at 04:16 PM.

I frankly think ultrawides are overrated. I prefer having a normal monitor, albeit more for work. I say this as someone who has a Dell U3415W connected as a second monitor.

Junior Potato
    I can't live without my 32:9 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    I frankly think ultrawides are overrated. I prefer having a normal monitor, albeit more for work. I say this as someone who has a Dell U3415W connected as a second monitor.
    I highly doubt I will ever have another 4:3 monitor. So used to 21:9.

Idk man, I'd rather have the extra vertical space of a 16:10 or even a 16:9. Even if it's not for work.