Page 113 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1200

Thread: Somebody stop me... (Gaming PC Build Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    I highly doubt I will ever have another 4:3 monitor. So used to 21:9.
    Totally this.
    Although actual non-ultrawide (o superultrawide) monitor are 16:9 (few are 16:10), not 4:3 (that was the usual CRT format, both monitor and TV).

Junior Potato
    Bleghhhhhhhhh...

Intel 14th gen is a wash. Now they have this 'fix' to turn efficiency cores which were introduced in the 12th gen era into an actual thing that increases performance and runs more efficiently as promised two generations ago, but it is only available for the newest processors. According to the video, Intel says it has no plans to make this software fix available for older chips.

As someone who is shopping around for a new chip and mobo combo, give me one good reason why I shouldn't just get a cheaper 13th gen... or buy an AMD setup.

Hmmm. Why shouldn't you just buy the 14th gen one which has the fixes? Don't get me wrong, I'm peeved as I have two machines from the 12th gen and one which is 13th gen. But if you buy anything a 14th gen then you get the advantages of that. If you want to make a point and Up Yours them/avoid them profiting from this questionable behaviour, then buy amd if it suits your needs. Buying the older Intel stuff is a bit too much like cutting off your nose to spite your face, especially as they'll still make money off you!

Junior Potato
    Well I guess you miss the points here:

1. An older chip is cheaper than a current-gen chip and also plays a part in circumventing Intel's efforts to persuade buyers to get the new ones
    2. AMD has a perfectly good (and arguably better, but I am not an expert in this sense) competitor to Intel's latest

If option 2 is the go then Intel gets none of my money at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Bleghhhhhhhhh...

Intel 14th gen is a wash. Now they have this 'fix' to turn efficiency cores which were introduced in the 12th gen era into an actual thing that increases performance and runs more efficiently as promised two generations ago, but it is only available for the newest processors. According to the video, Intel says it has no plans to make this software fix available for older chips.

As someone who is shopping around for a new chip and mobo combo, give me one good reason why I shouldn't just get a cheaper 13th gen... or buy an AMD setup.
    If you're buying brand new I'd absolutely recommend going for an AM5 build. If it stays around as long as AM4 did you could be upgrading to a 9000 series CPU in 2029 with your same board. I'm sure Intel would have rolled out at least two new socket types before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Well I guess you miss the points here:

1. An older chip is cheaper than a current-gen chip and also plays a part in circumventing Intel's efforts to persuade buyers to get the new ones
    2. AMD has a perfectly good (and arguably better, but I am not an expert in this sense) competitor to Intel's latest

If option 2 is the go then Intel gets none of my money at all.
    Yeah, I get those points, but if you want M4X p0W34R?/r?!/!1!1!! then there's no point buying the 12th or 13th-gen models, and if you do then they still get your money, albeit less of it.

That's why we both agree that if the AMD competitor is around the same as the 14th-gen Intel, then by all means knock yourself out and buy it to Up Yours to Team Blue!

I took advantage of Black Friday sales and ordered a new gaming PC.

I expect 4K120 iRacing videos from now on.
    Get that weak shit off my track

My new box finally arrived.

Junior Potato
    Got sum specs for us?