Page 25 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

Yeah that video doesn't really sell me on remaster... It's a bit brighter, a bit crisper, and the draw distances improved. To me a remaster should be higher res textures and polygon counts, and dynamic lighting, etc.

(I'm just bitching about the definition of 'remaster' though)

They combined the N64 and PC version and remade it into a new engine with some slight improvements in graphics and gameplay.
    The only negative thing about it is that 20 Dollars/Euros is too high for such graphics - but I but it for ~7 Euros while it was on sale and then it`s okay again.
    And with Turok 2 they will do the same.

It`s not like Half-Life 1 which was rebuilt into Black Mesa with sometimes totally different map sections:

Or the old Shadow Warrior with the Duke Nukem engine which is also available as a Classic Redux version with slightly improved graphics and also as an up to date game and a successor with actual graphics.

For the PC gamers there are some interesting quality bundles on offer:

Civilization Bundle: CIV3, CIV4 Complete, CIV5 with some DLC, CIV BO with some DLC and rebates for CIV6 for just 15 Dollars:
    https://www.humblebundle.com/civilization-bundle

Alien: Isolation Collection (all DLC) for just 8.27 Dollars.
    https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/...ion-collection

ARMA Bundle: ARMA 1 + 2 (Full DLC) + ARMA 3 + Karts DLC for just 15 Dollars:
    https://www.humblebundle.com/arma-bundle

ARMA 3 alone is 35 Dollars and even shady key sellers can`t deliver for 15 Dollars.
    If you are just interested in ARMA 1+2 just send me a hint, I already got them in my collection.
    Last edited by animalica; March 2nd, 2017 at 11:44 AM.

Tried the Halo Wars 2 demo. It's about what I expected. It's cool and all, but I didn't like it enough to buy it.

C'mon... we're waiting for the good stuff.

Anyone else have Halo: Spartan Assault? I got it with Halo 5. I enjoy it, but have no one to play with.

A local MP-only game that I'll never play:

GENTLEMEN: 7TDY7-LB4D4-MYWZV

Junior Potato
    Pfffff what the fuck?

http://press-start.com.au/news/ninte...tch-australia/

AU pricing for RiME will be $30 on PC/PS4/XB1 in May and $60 on Switch a few months later. Not good.

And what makes it even harder to swallow is that Tantalus, the developer who is contracted to do the Switch port of the game (also known for doing the Twilight Princess HD conversion for Wii U) is a developer based in Melbourne.

Although, check this out: in the US RiME will cost $30 for the three and $40 on Switch, making the $30 version for us by far the cheapest when you factor in exchange rates.

Kotaku reports that it's "unclear" why it's costing more on Switch, against speculation that the cost of manufacturing Switch game cards is a lot more expensive than DVD or Blu-Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Pfffff what the fuck?

http://press-start.com.au/news/ninte...tch-australia/

AU pricing for RiME will be $30 on PC/PS4/XB1 in May and $60 on Switch a few months later. Not good.

And what makes it even harder to swallow is that Tantalus, the developer who is contracted to do the Switch port of the game (also known for doing the Twilight Princess HD conversion for Wii U) is a developer based in Melbourne.

Although, check this out: in the US RiME will cost $30 for the three and $40 on Switch, making the $30 version for us by far the cheapest when you factor in exchange rates.

Kotaku reports that it's "unclear" why it's costing more on Switch, against speculation that the cost of manufacturing Switch game cards is a lot more expensive than DVD or Blu-Ray.
    UPDATE: The incorrect pricing was sent through by the publisher. The PS4/XB1 version will cost $59.95, the PC*version will*cost $49.95 and the Nintendo Switch version will cost $79.95.

Junior Potato
    Haha! Geez.

I dunno if that sounds better or not!