Page 46 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch (was: Nintendo NX)

Junior Potato
    I'm the first kid on my street to own a Switch. I'm serious. I was first in the queue at EB Games and everything.

Setup was quick and painless. Depending on how long you spend ogling the hardware as you pull it out of the box, it'll take 10 minutes from ripping it open to setting it up and you'll be marching out onto the Great Plateau. A little bit longer if you want to set up the dock.

And my God the screen is lovely. The assembled unit feels really nice in the hand. On the TV is best for big screen surround sound immersion, but if you're stuck having to play on the go then you won't be complaining too much.

So the screen is nice, but the dock feels cheap, and the Joy Con grip is dinky. I didn't end up buying a Pro Controller but I'd imagine it's the ticket for big cunts with normal hands like me. Too bad it's ugly as shit. Gimme a purple GameCube-shaped Pro Controller, please Nintendo!

One other thing, which will slightly limit the kid-at-Christmas test that I've espoused on these pages in the wake of my Xbone setting up experience, is that the bits and pieces understandably don't have all that much battery charge when you open the box, so you'll get occasional reminders that said bits and pieces are low on battery. Having three things instead of one to worry about with battery charge is a new thing to deal with, but it should sort itself out after a few hours plugged in. Kids at Christmas (or nerdy old blokes) will just have to be patient!

You should do a scratch test on the screen for us. So I can make a decision on if a protector is necessary or not.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/2/1479...-code-response
    Reached for comment this morning, a representative for Nintendo told Polygon that additional ways to add friends will be coming to the console, including using social networking, in-game menus and the much easier-to-remember Nintendo Network ID.
    Yay!
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Well this thread is very quiet

US customers should be getting consoles by now, since it's 3/3 there.

Has anyone else picked one up yet?

I'm waiting on delivery.

I'm waiting on Best Buy to open, in my haste to get a pre-order through I didn't check if my local store was doing a midnight opening.

Got it, got it setup, downloading Zelda and Snipperclips now. My friend code is 851477132509.

Received mine! It's judt what I wanted

Wii U+ level graphics that can be played on the road

Zelda is really impressive for being on a mobile chip. Fast RMX is a modern F-Zero, the perfect placeholder while I wait for Mario Kart

I'm excited to see what Nintendo does with this platform. I hope they release a new iteration of it every few years, taking advantage of improving chip/screen/battery tech, while maintaining compatibility.

One of the leading device skin companies has posted a warning to not use any skins on the Switch: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwi...ntendo_switch/

Simply put, the coating which exists on the JoyCons (and the console – more on that later) is either cured or designed in a way which doesn’t play well with adhesive.

Junior Potato
    Awesome guys

Now you're playing with power.