View Poll Results: Should Britain leave the EU?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 19.23%
  • No

18 69.23%
  • Afrika

3 11.54%
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BREXIT

BREXIT

Well, it's less than a month away, different polls saying different things, so I thought I may as well get the opinion of my favourite lefties.

I'm personally voting out, because I think the EU has moved well beyond it's original mandate - the EEC - and now has clear designs on becoming a superstate. I feel that most people in other countries want out too but are being threatened with economic chaos due to the removal of free trade, so they are too scared. The EU knows this, which is why they're threatening Britain with the same, in case others have the audacity to follow them and they've even admitted as much. Well I don't believe in going along with something that I dislike simply because of a threat, therefore the correct moral option seems like exit regardless of the money aspect.

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    So this Brexit thing isn't about Britney Spears dating Xzibit?
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

Maybe it can be, if we make it go viral.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    So this Brexit thing isn't about Britney Spears dating Xzibit?
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...-EU-exit-leave

I'd vote for Z07Exit.

I thought the Z07 package was actually pretty cool.

http://www.chevrolet.co.uk/cars/corv...e-package.html

Was Britain really ever in the EU? Really?

Not really no. We kept our own currency even though back in 1992 everybody told us that if we didn't take the Euro, there'd be a run on the pound, a rise in unemployment, ludicrous interest rates, death of all first-borns etc. It really went to Hades between 2004 and 2007 when they proposed an EU Constitution, which was voted down by several members in referendums before it got to everyone else. Instead of accepting that vote, they re-wrote it as amendments to existing treaties and put it through without referendums via The Lisbon Treaty, telling everyone they were mild changes... enter the dictatorship era.

Who would be the EU dictator?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Who would be the EU dictator?
    At the moment it seems to be Merkel and Juncker, which is a worrying trend. Third time's a charm. Basically EU representatives are not elected, they are appointed. But what they say, the whole of the EU has to follow. It's a one-size shoe-horned onto all system. Basically when people vote against something and you slam it through anyway, that makes you a dictator. Threats to keep people in check are also a common talent of dictatorships. E.g. allow us to dictate to you or you lose free trade. Individual countries, you may not have your own trade agreements with other countries outside the EU.

Additionally it's also very bureaucratic and over-regulatory. E.g.

http://variety.com/2016/digital/glob...me-1201778393/

European Union Mulls 20% Content Quota for Netflix and Amazon Prime
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commis...C)_No._2257/94

Commission Regulation (EC) No. 2257/94 of 16 September 1994 laying down quality standards for bananas, also known informally as bendy banana law

The minimum size (with tolerances and exceptions) is a length of 14 cm and a thickness (grade) of 2.7 cm. It specifies minimum standards for specific quality classifications of bananas (Extra, Class I, Class II).[1] Only Extra class bananas have to comply fully with the shape specifications. Class II bananas, for instance are permitted to have "defects of shape"; Class I bananas are permitted only "slight defects of shape".
    http://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/bend...s-up-1-1146576

CURVY cucumbers and knobbly carrots will return to the supermarket shelves after more than two dozen laws banning imperfect-looking fruit and veg were scrapped yesterday.

EU rules dictating the shape and size of 36 varieties of produce, from apricots to watermelons – effectively banishing all but perfect specimens – were scrapped on European Commission advice in a vote of an EU fruit and veg management committee.
    Reams and reams of nonsense.

The crazy thing about the EU is they know nobody wants to be part of it and is only in it for the free trade, so they threaten people with losing the free trade if they leave, like they're doing with Britain now and they've admitted fear of others leaving is the reason why they threaten. So that scares people, some don't want to go it alone, so some find themselves campaigning to stay in. It's the world's largest case of Stockholm Syndrome.
    Last edited by LHutton; May 24th, 2016 at 09:32 AM.