Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: NASCAR Has Lost its Goddamn Mind

SVG and Brodie Kosteki confirmed for the Indy round now. Could be more of a level playing field with the regulars knowing this track.

Junior Potato
    Fantastic news

Junior Potato
    Not an outstanding qualifying session for the antipodeans, but there is some promise shown right away.

Simulator time is one thing, but Kostecki had a throttle return issue which had to be fixed before he could roll out onto the track, which meant he missed all but two minutes of the first practice session. He finally made it on track for his first lap in the real thing just in time for another driver to beach it into the gravel.

He set good pace in his qualifying group but narrowly missed the top 5 to progress to the final group of 10 quali session. On his last attempt the car bottomed out going up onto the speedway banking just before turn 11 and he nosed it into the wall. He’d literally done 6 laps by that time and was pushing it. He will start 11th.

Van Gisbergen did make it to the qualifying final and set the 8th fastest lap. His team mate Daniel Suarez qualified on pole and managed to be 0.6 seconds faster than Gizzy.

My prediction: top 5 for both drivers is a certainty. Kostecki has had so few laps in the car that his race will see him dropping back a few spots just as SVG did at Chicago, but as long as he has no issues he will get faster and faster every lap and will be one of the fastest guys in the closing 20 laps.

I think SVG will play it safe in the opening stages before rocketing towards the front later on. Perhaps battling for a top three or a win, particularly if the wet weather continues to be a factor. I’m down for a SVG vs BK battle of the ages too. Imagine that!

I read somewhere that Brodie is now starting at the back.

"On social media, Kostecki confirmed he will start from the back for Monday’s (AEST race, having been shifted in a back-up chassis by RCR."

Supercars website.