Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm Feeling Sad" thread

A lot of you would have seen pictures of my son on Facebook. Amongst other issues he's not walking and almost two now. The other day we saw a geneticist who suspects he might have "Noonan Syndrome", albeit at the very mild end of the scale. They were talking about whether we should have more kids ... she's already pregnant again. I'm shouldering everything for us at the moment from being the bread-winner to the rock. That's been going on a long time actually.

Anyway, the worst is that today Jonah looks like a different kid to me. Almost like a stranger's, but he's unflappable and seems to know me.

I just needed to get that out. I'll manage ... I just don't have anywhere else to say something that sounds quite that awful

I've worked with many kids which are diagnosed with Noonan Syndrome. Some on the very severe areas, while others you could barely tell. You have likely already read a bunch on Noonan, but I'll recommend you read these two links. The second one will help you understand what's going on with you.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20354422

https://themighty.com/2016/04/cdkl5-...was-diagnosed/

I hope it works out OK, bro. Take care.

The problem with reading things online via Dr Google is you get the worst impression. In fact, I deliberately didn't remember the name of the condition, but my partner did so it wasn't long before I asked. Those links are good Tyler. I'm definitely grieving his future per the second link, and the first one makes the condition seem far less ... intrusive/obstructive than it could be.

I totally know what you mean. Dr. Google can be very dangerous. Head up bud, Jonah seems like a cool kid

Must be another genetic mutation if that's the case.

Doc doesn't have a confirmed diagnosis and is already questioning whether you should have more kids?

Anyway, will keep your babies in my prayers mate. Hope your little babies will turn out just fine!

Whatever happens, just remember to love them the best you can and I'm sure everything will turn out just fine.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 24th, 2018 at 07:55 AM.

It might be a neurological issue. My wife said she was also late to walking, started after two years I think.

Donít know what helpful advice to offer except maybe having a top neurologist take a look at him.

Keep your head up and best of luck.