Page 99 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 LastLast

Thread: Should we have a sim racing omnibus thread?

Yeah, right? They donít know.

Junior Potato
    The manufacturer surely knows, seeing as we are only a month out from its release.

It might be keeping mum because it might upset some casual observers based on its price point.

At this point, who TF knows?

Plenty of people have received a dodgy answer when they have inquired TB about Nm and forces involved in the base.
    To the point that pessimists are suspecting it is a 3nm DD wheel on par with Moza R3 one... 650 dollars is a lot of money to ask for an excessively plasticky and toy-like base already, if this won't be at least 6-9nm it would be dead on arrival, except for people going to BestBuy with no clue on what they are buying.

Administrator
    Turtle Beach are clearly trying to make a play at the higher end accessory market. I picked up their Stealth Ultra controller and it's an odd mix of feeling a little cheap and plasticky but also having HAPP switches. It *feels* cheaper than the XBox Elite controller, but it's arguably a far better built controller. Or at least I hope it is, my third elite controller is now dead, the charging port just stopped working, and I don't think any of the three ever had a truly functional A button.

I have a feeling it'll be well above 3nm, but who knows. They do seem spectacularly bad at their messaging.

It seems it has 7.2nm. Better than 3, surely. Yet not impressed.
    Also what a waste of space for useless plasticky crap.

Junior Potato
    *Scratches chin thoughtfully*

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    *Scratches chin thoughtfully*

Latest news of LMU convinced me.
    To spend money in iRacing getting the Dallara iR-18 and on Automobilista 2 to get Le Mans track and the Endurance Pack with GTPs.

Junior Potato
    Well I will be taking closer interest in LMU than you. But I will laugh if the game has only a few regular players, then the servers buckle as 50,000 players try and participate in a 24 Hour event on one weekend.

Junior Potato
    Really good info here about the new iRacing-published NASCAR game coming next year:
    https://insider-gaming.com/exclusive...unreal-engine/

Salient points:
    - Monster games is developing (it made some NASCAR games in the last 20 years and is now wholly owned by iRacing)
    - It will be built in Unreal Engine 5
    - Using iRacing car and track models
    - An attachment of engineers from iRacing is helping Monster Games with physics
    - Itís a console focused title so career mode is important

Extra bonus thought:
    - I hope it gets cracked to kingdom come and becomes a new modding scene in the genre. NASCAR Racing 2003 was the last Papyrus title before it metamorphosed into iRacing and it STILL has a strong modding community (and not just for purely oval racing content). iRacingís physics with an open content generation aspect? Yes please!

Junior Potato
    Dakar Desert Rally is free this week on Epic Game Store:

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/dakar-desert-rally

It's not exactly good at simulating a vehicle travelling at speed across all sorts of random terrain, but it is very good at simulating navigation and waypoints in a rally raid scenario.

100% worth every penny.